Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, beagletime said:

Wow.  Who would have thought John David would show personality.  

Well, back in the really really really old pictures, when he and Jana are preschool age, they both appear quite cheerful, smiley, outgoing even..... A huge amount of life has gotten squeezed out of most if not all the Duggarlings over the years. It's great that the spark of it is there in J.D. 

• Love 20

Wow, JD looks more relaxed, happy and talkative than I've ever seen him in any episode over the years.  Good for him!

It does make me wonder if we would get to see a different side of Jana were she to announce a courtship as well.

• Love 22

I don't know about Oklahoma, but most of the LPN programs I've heard of require lots of prerequisites and have waiting lists. If it were just eleven months and out, more people would do it. 

I like Abbie's Marianne Dashwood hair. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

I’m very interested to see if they move to OK where John David gets a job and Abbie continues to work as an LPN and/or pursues her BSN. Or if she’ll move to the compound, never work as a nurse another day in her life, and pop out a million babies while JD continues to act as the Duggar family pilot.

Eh, if the others who married into the Duggarverse are anything to go by, it’ll be the latter. :(

The aviation and aerospace industries have long been huge in Oklahoma. ... I'd love to see him get away. And there might be a chance for him to make a different kind of life there. People from all over the country -- knowledgeable people -- are attracted to the University of Oklahoma's aviation programs. The FAA has had a big center in Oklahoma pretty much ever since the agency began, too.  ....

I don't have my hopes up, however. JB and M are mighty. 

Nevertheless, go JD and Abbie. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

FJ says that her family used to have a blog called 10 Burnetts (2 parents plus 8 kids). They were fundies who homeschooled and were big into ATI. 

(ATI is the Advanced Training Institute, the homeschooling branch of IBLP.) 

I just KNEW the second I saw those ultra- crunchy Gothard Banana Curls that she had to be Fundy and ATI!!!

• Love 8

Me too, spotted those banana curls from the get-go. So not surprised by the fundie/ATI connections.

However, as noted, she's completed training and licensure for a real medical job, which is far more than any Duggarling has done, or is likely to do. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't know about Oklahoma, but most of the LPN programs I've heard of require lots of prerequisites and have waiting lists. If it were just eleven months and out, more people would do it. 

I like Abbie's Marianne Dashwood hair. 

Here, full time can be done in 12 months. Then  pass the NCLEX-PN , done.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

John David: From Stabby to Abbie

Hilarious! I can't stop laughing!! This has to be the new thread name because it just says everything about JD. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 8

What a surprise to see that JD was able to find happiness with someone his own age and who hopefully will continue to work as an LPN.   

Good luck to JD and Abbie as they go a courtin.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vandy10 said:

Hmm...either they’re already engaged, or JD is “giving away pieces of his heart.” I mean, just courting and they already have a shared Insta? How scandalous! Lol

But seriously, does anyone remember if Si and Marjorie had any shared social media accounts? I think Zach’s failed courtship was a little bit pre-insta? I know courting = pre-engagement to these people, but I just can’t imagine them getting shared social media without a ring.

I may have lost track of them thar courtin' rules, but isn't touching a no-no until engagement?  These two are all over each other in a squeezy, side-huggy kind of way.  So, if the no-touch rule still holds, does this mean they've actually gone through the courting stage and are already engaged?  (if I'm wrong about the rules, then nevermind...)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

I’m very interested to see if they move to OK where John David gets a job and Abbie continues to work as an LPN and/or pursues her BSN. Or if she’ll move to the compound, never work as a nurse another day in her life, and pop out a million babies while JD continues to act as the Duggar family pilot.

Eh, if the others who married into the Duggarverse are anything to go by, it’ll be the latter. :(

Please God lead JD to Oklahoma!!! I swear, it'll be the new Duggar trend...leave Arkansas and have a better life. 

Holy SHOOT did you see his caption???!!! johnandabbieSo, I reconsidered the whole "bachelor to the rapture" thing

JD has a sense of humor...the end really is near! 

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I may have lost track of them thar courtin' rules, but isn't touching a no-no until engagement?  These two are all over each other in a squeezy, side-huggy kind of way.  So, if the no-touch rule still holds, does this mean they've actually gone through the courting stage and are already engaged?  (if I'm wrong about the rules, then nevermind...)

They can "side-hug" until they're engaged and then they can hold hands. Makes no sense to me. 

I mean side hug means you get to touch the torso which is usually more defrauding than the hand. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Si and Marge did have a joint account (which quickly got scrubbed once she dumped him).

It wasn't a joint account, but he did have pics posted of them as a couple, which he deleted once they broke up. He kept the account up and posted a few pics here and there subsequently, then started posting again full force once he got with Lauren.

• Love 3
Just now, Temperance said:

They can "side-hug" until they're engaged and then they can hold hands. Makes no sense to me. 

I mean side hug means you get to touch the torso which is usually more defrauding than the hand

Thank you for the reminder - can't believe I forgot that.  I'll tell you what though - he's leaning into her side-boob pretty hard. Scandal!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

He's so smitten. I bet he's been waiting to be on social media like everyone else. Such a stupid rule to prohibit social media until they start courting.

It's the Duggars. All their rules are stupid. 

• Love 13

The way they looked at each other in that video, I'm pretty sure they are way past side hugs.  Especially if she's in Oklahoma, then one of her friends or family could be the chaperone and her family could have different rules from the Duggars.

• Love 9

Doubt it; they're also Gothardites. The chaperones would just be older, probably one of her twin sisters who are in their early 20's. Or JD could be giving piloting lessons to the youngest brother, who is 18.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Please God lead JD to Oklahoma!!! I swear, it'll be the new Duggar trend...leave Arkansas and have a better life. 

Holy SHOOT did you see his caption???!!! johnandabbieSo, I reconsidered the whole "bachelor to the rapture" thing

JD has a sense of humor...the end really is near! 

I agree JD should move to Oklahoma and leave JB's "employ". Abbie's already has a job there, right?  JD can start a new life .

• Love 17

I saw Joy’s IG post saying to follow someone named John and had to high tail it here! JD is definitely my favorite of the bunch, so I hope he’s truly happy.

I hope he goes to Oklahoma.  Aside from Jana, the only siblings he can seem to tolerate are already out of the house and preoccupied, so Oklahoma would be an excellent move for him. 

• Love 11

They must already be engaged and have set a wedding date. Happy for both of them

With an LPN, her workplace may even pay for some of the training for her to get her RN and BSN if she wants to do that. Regardless, if she passed the licensing exam, that's impressive for a Gothardite. 

And she has most DEFINITELY seen NIKE! stuff. One just does as a nurse.

• Love 15

So happy for JD.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen as real a smile on his face as we do now.  At times I felt bad for him because you could tell he wanted someone but played it off because he didn’t have anyone/didn’t know if anyone would marry him – i.e. one season when building some playhouse for his siblings, he longingly said “maybe I’ll build one of these for my own kids one day”; once not wanting to talk about it in a TH he said “relationships – I don’t have time for that.”  And you could tell it was said in that way that many of us say it when we’re thinking – who knows if it’ll ever happen.  Despite it all, you could tell he had some personality.  Despite his limited exposure to the world, he has some sarcasm about him which to me always signals some wit and personality.  I mean who can forget – bachelor until the rapture!?

I know I’ve always had high hopes that these spouses will come in and make the Duggars more worldly.  After all college grad Fortune 500 accountant Derick was supposed to introduce Jill to entertainment bc he took her to Broadway, to food beyond TTC bc he fed her hummus – and look at them now!?

So I won’t wish that for JD bc we all know it won’t happen.  As much as I’d love for Abby to remain a nurse and for them to move up to Okla – where JD can probably get a job working on planes esp if he were to train as a mechanic and/or flying charters as he does now but for an actual company (bc there is a legit aviation industry in OKC and Tulsa), we all know the likelihood is she moves to the house that he’s bought in Arkansas – which I think is near home though maybe not on JB’s compound.

So what I will hope for them – that he and Abby turn out like Zach and Whit Bates.  Sure they live near the Bates homestead, but very much live their own life.  Bought a house.  Zach went to the police academy and holds a job NOT at Gil’s tree service.  Whit has some kind of real estate work – not sure how active it is but again not family work.  And married 4.5 years with only 2 kids so far.

With Abby being 26 – sure there’s still lots of time for kids, but since she didn’t marry at 18 – that takes 8 years of childbearing away, which is awesome.  Let’s hope they get married, and she insists on continuing some kind of career rather than bearing a child yearly until age 40.

So is an LPN a regular nurse, just a different kind of degree than an RN? Meaning does an LPN work with all types of patients – including men?? Because my first thought was how fundie can a family be if they allow their single daughter to go into a profession where she’ll have to see men’s junk?? You know in most fundie families a daughter expressing an interest into nursing would be pushed to be a midwife or something else with laboring women; or if she HAD to do regular patient work – you know they’d push her into being a dental hygienist or a tech that works with an eye doctor or something.  Fingers crossed these are semi “modern” fundies.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, cereality said:

So happy for JD.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen as real a smile on his face as we do now.  At times I felt bad for him because you could tell he wanted someone but played it off because he didn’t have anyone/didn’t know if anyone would marry him – i.e. one season when building some playhouse for his siblings, he longingly said “maybe I’ll build one of these for my own kids one day”; once not wanting to talk about it in a TH he said “relationships – I don’t have time for that.”  And you could tell it was said in that way that many of us say it when we’re thinking – who knows if it’ll ever happen.  Despite it all, you could tell he had some personality.  Despite his limited exposure to the world, he has some sarcasm about him which to me always signals some wit and personality.  I mean who can forget – bachelor until the rapture!?

I know I’ve always had high hopes that these spouses will come in and make the Duggars more worldly.  After all college grad Fortune 500 accountant Derick was supposed to introduce Jill to entertainment bc he took her to Broadway, to food beyond TTC bc he fed her hummus – and look at them now!?

So I won’t wish that for JD bc we all know it won’t happen.  As much as I’d love for Abby to remain a nurse and for them to move up to Okla – where JD can probably get a job working on planes esp if he were to train as a mechanic and/or flying charters as he does now but for an actual company (bc there is a legit aviation industry in OKC and Tulsa), we all know the likelihood is she moves to the house that he’s bought in Arkansas – which I think is near home though maybe not on JB’s compound.

So what I will hope for them – that he and Abby turn out like Zach and Whit Bates.  Sure they live near the Bates homestead, but very much live their own life.  Bought a house.  Zach went to the police academy and holds a job NOT at Gil’s tree service.  Whit has some kind of real estate work – not sure how active it is but again not family work.  And married 4.5 years with only 2 kids so far.

With Abby being 26 – sure there’s still lots of time for kids, but since she didn’t marry at 18 – that takes 8 years of childbearing away, which is awesome.  Let’s hope they get married, and she insists on continuing some kind of career rather than bearing a child yearly until age 40.

So is an LPN a regular nurse, just a different kind of degree than an RN? Meaning does an LPN work with all types of patients – including men?? Because my first thought was how fundie can a family be if they allow their single daughter to go into a profession where she’ll have to see men’s junk?? You know in most fundie families a daughter expressing an interest into nursing would be pushed to be a midwife or something else with laboring women; or if she HAD to do regular patient work – you know they’d push her into being a dental hygienist or a tech that works with an eye doctor or something.  Fingers crossed these are semi “modern” fundies.

Yes LPNs will see all the junk!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Vandy10 said:

I mean, just courting and they already have a shared Insta? How scandalous! Lol

I think that proves how serious the relationship is. Jessa also made her @jessaseewald account before she was even engaged. 

• Love 2

There's a big difference between Abbie Burnett and Whitney Bates. Whitney doesn't seem to have been raised IBLP/ATI and Abbie definitely grew up ATI/IBLP. 

(IBLP is the Institute of Basic Living Principles, a independent Christian supplement founded by ex-leader Bill Gothard and ATI is the Advanced Training Institute which the homeschooling branch of IBLP.)

It would be nice if John David and Abbie drifted mainstream, but it probably won't happen at least not right away. 

• Love 3

JD reminds me of Jinger when she was courting Jeremy: it’s apparent that he’s REALLY into Abbie and she’s into him too! Being in love does wonders for your visage, JD looks legitimately handsome in his pictures with Abbie.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the courtship standards, like the joint IG page, “giving away pieces of the heart” and even mild physical contact, are being relaxed due to age. 26 and 28 are the average ages for first marriages in mainstream American culture, but for them Abbie is already an old maid and John David a confirmed bachelor. A big reason for the strict courtship rules is to avoid horny teens from hooking up and subsequently breaking up. At nearly 30, both Abbie and JD are expected to be more resolute in their chastity, but even if they’re not the chances of a breakup are WAY lower because the market for them to try again with age appropriate people is dismal within their community (like poor Tabitha Paine and that rapist she married). 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Triple P said:

At first I thought, why not to the tune of Love Train?

But the Love Boat lyrics do fit the situation better.  

How about Love Shack? Someone is going to get righteously fulfilled.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think it's going to be Si and Lauren, followed by John David and Abbie Grace, and then it's Jana and .... 

(Although I hope Jana doesn't get married unless she wants to. )

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I don't know why some people think John David will be moving to Oklahoma when he marries Abbie.  JD has spent years building up the business, Duggar Aviation, in Springdale.  That company owns at least six planes now and JD gives flying lessons there.  He would be nuts to move to a new state and start all over again.  He also has real estate investments in Arkansas.  Abbie, on the other hand, will have no problem finding a position as an LPN near the Duggar compound and will probably take at least some time off for maternity leave shortly after marriage.  There's just no reason for them to live in Oklahoma.  Besides, Abbie's family lives out in the boonies in the little town of Stratford – population of about 1,500 and median household income of only $23,581. Stratford is 75 miles from Oklahoma City.

Plus, since the dethroning of family crown prince Josh, John David has assumed the place as caretaker/role model for his younger brothers.  He takes that position very seriously. After all, he presently shares a bedroom with 7 sibling brothers and Michelle's nephew Tyler. Abbie's siblings will probably be fine without her but John David's younger brothers depend upon him for many things.

• Love 19

Pickles has evidence that the families have known each other for a while. Abbie's father was on Raising 16.

Interesting how we hope these kids find their own "loves" but in the end they appear to be "arranged" marriages.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Most asked question after "When's the Wedding": 

"Does Abbie have a brother for Jana?"

Sounds like one older brother is already married and the other is getting married next week. She has a younger brother, too, but he's only 17-18.

My hope for Jana is that she gets along well with Abbie, and that Abbie doesn't treat her as "lesser" because she's not married. (And you'd think with Abbie being a somewhat older bride by fundie standards would be more sensitive about such things.) And hey, if she has friends of her brothers that she could introduce Jana to, all the better...

• Love 16
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Pickles has evidence that the families have known each other for a while. Abbie's father was on Raising 16.

Interesting how we hope these kids find their own "loves" but in the end they appear to be "arranged" marriages.

I think that’s because their circles are so very small.  They have a limited pool of fundies (who believe in their brand of Gothard) to choose from. It’s like any insular group. The next generation is going to have to start branching out, or there’s going to start being some inbreeding.  (My grandparents were Mennonites from northern NY, and they were second cousins when they got married.  Thankfully, my mom went five states away to college, so she met someone who she had NO relation to. ?. But, lots of babies born around the same time she was had health issues because of the lack of genetic diversity. )

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 16

I had a dream last night that John David gave an exclusive to People, saying he and Abbie planned to move to Oklahoma City after they were married. 

It beats the dream I had on Sunday about being attacked by malevolent versions of the fluffballs from the Cricket Wireless ads, but I still don’t understand why my subconscious cares so much. 

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

My hope for Jana is that she gets along well with Abbie, and that Abbie doesn't treat her as "lesser" because she's not married. (And you'd think with Abbie being a somewhat older bride by fundie standards would be more sensitive about such things.) And hey, if she has friends of her brothers that she could introduce Jana to, all the better...

I can see them becoming friends. Based on the short blip I saw, Abbie strikes me as reserved and level-headed. I think Joy and Kendra would be too immature for her, Jessa too competitive and bitchy, and Jill too dumb. With Jana being the same age and of a similar personality type, they should hit it off (the operative word being should, lol).

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can see them becoming friends. Based on the short blip I saw, Abbie strikes me as reserved and level-headed. I think Joy and Kendra would be too immature for her, Jessa too competitive and bitchy, and Jill too dumb. With Jana being the same age and of a similar personality type, they should hit it off (the operative word being should, lol).

Joy and Kendra are both young, but Kendra seems to me to be more mature than Joy. I guess being raised by Jill did her a disservice. Kendra does seem like a total extrovert, though, so if Abbie is an introvert like Jana appears to be, she might have more in common with Jana.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Plus, since the dethroning of family crown prince Josh, John David has assumed the place as caretaker/role model for his younger brothers.  He takes that position very seriously. After all, he presently shares a bedroom with 7 sibling brothers and Michelle's nephew Tyler. Abbie's siblings will probably be fine without her but John David's younger brothers depend upon him for many things.

Excellent point, except I think John was always the role model for his younger siblings. Smuggar never seemed to give a damn about the other kids; he was always the prince who got what he wanted (for whatever reason). 

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

Most asked question after "When's the Wedding": 

"Does Abbie have a brother for Jana?"

Abbie's oldest brother John-Clay is 32-years-old and he is married with two kids. He is a videographer and owns his own production company in Oklahoma City.  The next sibling is 30-year-old Hannah, who is married and has three children.  Caleb is Abbie's 28-year-old brother and he is engaged to be married.  One younger sister is 24-year-old Charity and she is married.  Then, there are twin younger sisters and an 18-year-old brother.   

Counting On 2.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 7