Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Kissing Up

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I don't understand all the love for Captain Sandy. Her crew seems as disciplined as a classroom full of 1st graders when the teachers is not in the room.

In all fairness it is not Sandy's crew it is Bravo's.  She did not hire them and she can't fire them without Bravo approval.  

I have a question.  Is Sandy aware of what Bugs did with the ipad?  Bugs keeping the ipad hidden for hours and sharing Jason's messages with the rest of the crew is a huge breach of trust.  Yes, the ipad belonged to the boat, but it had Jason's personal and BUSINESS messages on it.  Sharing that information with a bunch of people could have major financial consequences for Jason.  What Bugs did was unethical and showed she could not be trusted to guard the privacy of the charter guest.  I can't imagine that Sandy would put up with having someone so untrustworthy as a member of her crew. 

• Love 11

The drama this season just feels very contrived.  Hannah vs. Adam - Adam is really sounding like a douche, and I am not really a huge fan of Hannah's.  He jabs and jabs at her, with his passive-aggressive comments.  Hannah is 100% right - she is NOT there to make the crew happy - she is there to make the guests happy.  That is her job, and it seems she takes it pretty seriously.  She also is right that she is not there to make friends - the crew are her "work colleagues".  If, on the off chance that you are working with someone and you form a friendship, that's a bonus, of sorts.  I like that she doesn't pretend that the other crew members and she are going to be bff's.  Yeah, it's 1000 times better when the crew are friendly with each other, it makes things go smoothly, but in any work situation, you are all not going to get along.  It's a level of maturity to accept that, get past it, and act professionally toward each other.

I was also really liking Max up until this episode.  He was very catty and gossip-y this episode - eavesdropping on Hannah and Sandy and then, running back and telling the rest of the crew.  Kind of middle-school girlish to me.

I wonder who Wes is going to choose as second lead.  He is in an awkward position.  Bobby does have more experience (one freakin' TV season of it, though...), but Bobby doesn't seem to extend himself to learn more.  Malia seems to want to learn, but she's also using her femininity to get ahead.  Max would probably be the best choice.  

I have no words about Bugsy - I find her bitter, nasty and jealous.  She does seem to work hard, but she, like Hannah, seems cold and self-serving in many ways.

Can't wait until next week when we see the whole Adam/Malia/Wes triangle blow up!  If I saw the previews correctly, it looks like Adam takes a swing at Wes when Wes' back is turned - total dick move!!  

• Love 6

Can't wait until next week when we see the whole Adam/Malia/Wes triangle blow up!  If I saw the previews correctly, it looks like Adam takes a swing at Wes when Wes' back is turned - total dick move!!

And it looks like maybe he was taunting him with pictures of some sort...probably of him & Malia pre-boat. 

I really dislike this charter...besides the asshole behaviors of most of the crew, I couldn't stand Shannon McCoy. What an entitled bitch she came off as.. I don't care how rich I was, or how much I lucked into a certain position in life, I would never expect people to cater to me in such a fake, obnoxious way. If a few friends & I simply jumped off the yacht, I wouldn't be expecting a random stranger from the crew to be all "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OMG!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!". I certainly hope they "suddenly leave" shortly into the next episode. 

• Love 5
Just now, CaliforniaLove said:

What an entitled bitch she came off as..

I loved Hannah's dry "it was made from an actual watermelon" (after of course the obligatory, fake, exaggerated pause)

• Love 3

Hey Sandy, maybe you should pay attention to the charter lead, not one of his guests.  I get wanting to sell your self, but fawning over a random guest, not the one paying you, is just tacky and poor form. If I was the yacht broker, I'd be taking note of that kind of action, Captain was more obsessed with a random guest than the one who booked the cruise. 

• Love 4
Just now, Fostersmom said:

Hey Sandy, maybe you should pay attention to the charter lead, not one of his guests.  I get wanting to sell your self, but fawning over a random guest, not the one paying you, is just tacky and poor form. If I was the yacht broker, I'd be taking note of that kind of action, Captain was more obsessed with a random guest than the one who booked the cruise. 

I also thought that was weird. Ok fine, she said on first seeing her "Hey, nice to see you again". But then she continued it a second (and third?) time during the greetings? As the primary I'd be a bit pissed off.

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And it looks like maybe he was taunting him with pictures of some sort...probably of him & Malia pre-boat. 

I really dislike this charter...besides the asshole behaviors of most of the crew, I couldn't stand Shannon McCoy. What an entitled bitch she came off as.. I don't care how rich I was, or how much I lucked into a certain position in life, I would never expect people to cater to me in such a fake, obnoxious way. If a few friends & I simply jumped off the yacht, I wouldn't be expecting a random stranger from the crew to be all "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OMG!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!". I certainly hope they "suddenly leave" shortly into the next episode. 

That Shannon woman was ridiculous!  I know she is a charter broker, but the best way to find out if a charter is worth it for her clients, imo, would be to fly under the radar.  Of course, if the crew/captain know that someone who could provide more business for them is going to be on the ship, they should be bringing it, in terms of food, service, amenities, etc. - which may or may not be the actual case on a charter without someone of influence.  If she were to travel more secretively, or without advertising in the preference sheets what she does, she would get a better impression of how a yacht actually is.  She was basically throwing her weight around to everyone.

12 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I agree - I thought the same exact thing!  Sandy basically ignored the lead guest, and for a second, I thought she would be kissing Shannon's feet.  Of course, she wants to impress Shannon, but as I've said above, the service should be the same for all guests - charter broker, Naked News people, tequila ladies - it shouldn't matter.  Money is money, and one person's money isn't any greener than anyone else's!!  

Plus, wouldn't you think that the lead passenger would be a little put out at all the fawning over Shannon, when they are the ones who are actually "paying"?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Captain Sandy: "Wes, the producers called and I need you to pick a lead deckhand so as to piss everybody off and highlight why it's inappropriate for you to shag your subordinate

• Love 14
22 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Fugly complained about her new shift when she complained about Hannah being on it and maneuvered to get her off of it,  is interesting. 

I can't stand fugs! Isn't she doing now what Hannah had to do all that time?  She's an unpleasant bitch. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

In all fairness it is not Sandy's crew it is Bravo's.  She did not hire them and she can't fire them without Bravo approval.  

I have a question.  Is Sandy aware of what Bugs did with the ipad?  Bugs keeping the ipad hidden for hours and sharing Jason's messages with the rest of the crew is a huge breach of trust.  Yes, the ipad belonged to the boat, but it had Jason's personal and BUSINESS messages on it.  Sharing that information with a bunch of people could have major financial consequences for Jason.  What Bugs did was unethical and showed she could not be trusted to guard the privacy of the charter guest.  I can't imagine that Sandy would put up with having someone so untrustworthy as a member of her crew. 

Has it been stated somewhere that his BUSINESS messages were on that iPad?

45 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

I can't stand fugs! Isn't she doing now what Hannah had to do all that time?  She's an unpleasant bitch. 

Yes.  She complained on the day shift,  she complains on the night shift. I was in the Navy,  there would have been an intervention of sorts for her attitude. Extra crappy work at the least.

4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

It also didn't belong to fugly, so was taking it off board theft, she wasn't using it for official business and she exposed the primary to being hacked, by taking it out of the secure network,  or by it simply being stolen. She is a nasty piece of work. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

Adam's face is too blank to be a truly interesting villain. 

He obviously did as well in acting school as he did in culinary school..........

His puppy dog facee when he's trying to be contrite is so annoying.  He's not impressive in the least. 

Edited by ihartcoffee
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I know she is a charter broker, but the best way to find out if a charter is worth it for her clients, imo, would be to fly under the radar

Just for this very reason, the local food critic in my hometown remained anonymous for years.  They could go into a restaurant with no one knowing who they were (went by a pen name which I can't remember exactly but something like the Dining Detective - you get the idea).  The critic could see how they treat the regular Joe.

I wouldn't go on a day tour with this crew.  What a bunch of morons and entitled brats. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yeah I don't recall any mention of that either. He's a finance guy, right? Even if he's working for himself as a consultant or something, he should still be following some pretty basic security best practices and keeping personal and business accounts separate, and not leaving anything confidential/proprietary/sensitive on his personal device, email, or icloud account. Now, texts or contact info could potentially be dicey and also on a personal device, but still, I don't see an automatic huge risk there, it's pretty unlikely sensitive business info was on that ipad. Bugs was still very immature, unprofessional, and unethical to pull that though. Looks like Capt Sandy doesn't do any Bravo blogs, there won't be a reunion, and it appears she mostly retweets fans and says hi on Twitter, so I doubt we'll ever get an answer about how much she knew about Bugs's behavior -- which is a shame, because I'm curious too.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I think Bobby is type of person that will quit if Malia is made senior deckhand  

Whah?  You think that doofy, deluded fame-ho *Bobby* would actually quit this show for ANY reason?!  Sorry, but that just makes me giggle.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Does it have to be? Either way, it wasn't one created JUST to speak to Hannah. It's a private account belonging to a primary that could've shared other business or personal info that had nothing to do with a second in command's petty issues with control and inferiority. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

That Shannon woman was ridiculous! I know she is a charter broker, but the best way to find out if a charter is worth it for her clients, imo, would be to fly under the radar... If she were to travel more secretively she would get a better impression of how a yacht actually is. 

In the "real world," I wholeheartedly agree with your point.  But this is a reality tv show that thrives on "high stakes!" and "DRAMA!"  If b****y broker-lady did her job properly by flying (cruising?) under the radar, out goes the storyline!

• Love 1

Bugs is slowly turning the screws on Hannah.  

I really didn't like the way she switched the roles around during the hug-it-out scene.

There is no reason why Hannah needed to explain herself to Bugs, her subordinate.  What made it worse was she also came off as extremely deferential and this immediately put Bugs in a power position.  It was really arrogant of Bugs to not even apologize for showing/telling everyone about the messages. She's using this situation to make Hannah the common enemy and that can only tighten her bonds with the others. 

This is some high caliber, Eve Harrington kind of gameplay we're watching right now and it's only obvious to the viewers at home because of the editing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Does it have to be? Either way, it wasn't one created JUST to speak to Hannah. It's a private account belonging to a primary that could've shared other business or personal info that had nothing to do with a second in command's petty issues with control and inferiority. 

No it doesn't have to be, but then all the ridiculous hyperbole about Bugs putting Jason's business at risk is just a bunch of blah blah blah.  As another poster stated above, if there was important financial data put at risk, it was Jason that put it at risk by signing in to a shared device with an account that can access it and then on top of that, staying signed in.  And I know a lot of posters spent a lot of time in last episode's thread trying to make it seem like a shipboard iPad is the same as an office computer, but it just is not.  I have a reasonable idea of who has used/accessed my office computer and a reasonable idea of the security measures in place around it.  Even though the amount of people with access to that shipboard iPad is small, I don't know who the person before me was or what they've put on it and I don't trust the fuckwits running the ship to have a reasonable security policy.  I'm not saying Bugs was right, but Jason was careless with his data.  All the over the top hand wringing is just because people don't like Bugs.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

No it doesn't have to be, but then all the ridiculous hyperbole about Bugs putting Jason's business at risk is just a bunch of blah blah blah.  As another poster stated above, if there was important financial data put at risk, it was Jason that put it at risk by signing in to a shared device with an account that can access it and then on top of that, staying signed in.  And I know a lot of posters spent a lot of time in last episode's thread trying to make it seem like a shipboard iPad is the same as an office computer, but it just is not.  I have a reasonable idea of who has used/accessed my office computer and a reasonable idea of the security measures in place around it.  Even though the amount of people with access to that shipboard iPad is small, I don't know who the person before me was or what they've put on it and I don't trust the fuckwits running the ship to have a reasonable security policy.  I'm not saying Bugs was right, but Jason was careless with his data.  All the over the top hand wringing is just because people don't like Bugs.

So let's call Jason careless. You're right, he should've signed out. He didn't, accidentally. I'm not sure why that means it's on the professional, up and up for anyone to spend hours reading and sharing his messages. Especially that the "anyones" in question are people who just received a nice tip from this person whose privacy they're gleefully invading because of his carelessness.

It doesn't all come down to not liking someone. That seems to be Bugs' mindset, actually. So blinded by her want to take Hannah down, she forgot herself and her own standards because she was just so scandalized by Hannah's unprofessionalism that she had to show off her own. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 13
(edited)
59 minutes ago, MegD said:

Fugs, it's called a hairbrush. Look into it.

Fugs' hair is that way from being under the sheets at night checking for open  guests accounts on the ipad and snooping on unsecured cell phones.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

I also thought that was weird. Ok fine, she said on first seeing her "Hey, nice to see you again". But then she continued it a second (and third?) time during the greetings? As the primary I'd be a bit pissed off.

Maybe it's just me, but I got a romantic undertone from that exchange, like maybe Sandy has a thing for the big ol' fancy yacht broker. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...

• Love 2

Loved Hannah's calling out of Bobby and Bugs. Bugs couldn't take it and slinked back to the boat.

If on a cruise I'd want local specialties and comfort food snacks.

Fugs' hypocrisy is rich she is just as locked on to Mailia's ear as Hannah's is to Lauren's.

2 minutes ago, rho said:

Maybe it's just me, but I got a romantic undertone from that exchange, like maybe Sandy has a thing for the big ol' fancy yacht broker. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Who knows but she was sure kissing the broker's ass and forgetting the primary.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I believe the poster meant Wes.

Yep.  Sorry.  My auto-correct  doesn't like Wes. 

7 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

His puppy dog facee when he's trying to be contrite is so annoying.  He's not impressive in the least. 

He has a greasy look to him. 

• Love 3

If you were a yacht owner, captain, or broker and you saw this show, why on Earth would you ever hire Bobby?  Why do they keep bringing him back?  Obviously because he's a walking drama fest.  He's thick as a plank, stirs trouble with his fellow crew mates, and lacks in incentive.  I'm more and more convinced that some of these "yachties" do these jobs because they can't hold a job back on dry land.    A friend runs a charter yacht, one almost as big as the Sirocco and told me that they fire crew who are sleeping with each other on ship or who bring people from bars back to the ship.   I wonder if my friend's approach is unusual or the one seen on this show is atypical.   I work on ships (not charter yachts) and if any of the officers or chiefs finds out you're screwing around on ship or drinking alcohol or taking drugs, they pull in to the nearest port and drop you and your belongings off on the dock and you're fired on the spot.  You have to find your way home from wherever that is.  No second chances, no heart to heart talks.  Just you are gone.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:20 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I just want to note that Adam has deleted his Twitter account. 

He probably thought he would be the star of the season. Then he was shocked when it was flooded with hate tweets. It probably won't happen, but I would love to see Wes kick his arrogant punkass next week. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Hannah is 100% right - she is NOT there to make the crew happy - she is there to make the guests happy.  That is her job, and it seems she takes it pretty seriously.  She also is right that she is not there to make friends - the crew are her "work colleagues".

In management myself a successful manager will rise above the bullshit and act in a respectful way and pull her share of the work.  Hannah was not kidding when she said she was a reality star and not really a chief stew.  If this is her management style she wouldn't last long in the real world.

Note to myself - If I ever hire a luxury boat, make sure it is staffed with adults and not hormonal petulant children.

23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder who Wes is going to choose as second lead.

He is in quite a pickle, no?  If he picks Bobby then Malia could cry sexual harassment and if he picks Malia then Bobby can say the same thing.  Stupid show.

20 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It also didn't belong to fugly, so was taking it off board theft,

I agree with this but if Hannah did her job none of this would happen - translation - Why does anyone want to come off looking like an idiot on a tv show?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:
23 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It also didn't belong to fugly, so was taking it off board theft,

I agree with this but if Hannah did her job none of this would happen - translation - Why does anyone want to come off looking like an idiot on a tv show?

Because I suspect that she never dreamed he'd log into the iPad. The footage the camera crew got of the hook up was tiny. It was only after Fugs' discovery that it became worthy of putting on TV. I guarantee we'd have never heard of any of it had Fugs not discovered it. I fully suspect that the camera crew then scrambled to get footage to cover the drama and storyline.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I agree with this but if Hannah did her job none of this would happen

I really don't understand this. Hannah's behavior forced Bugs to take the ship's iPad off the boat and read and share a primary's private messages all day? Funny, if Bugs was only concerned about things regarding the job at hand, she'd have taken the iPad directly to Sandy. THAT is the only thing that Hannah's own actions could've incited in Bugs. The rest is on Bugs and her want to take Hannah down with the crew. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On July 11, 2017 at 10:03 PM, sasha206 said:

I love Hannah, but given what she did, she should be humble and apologetic.  However, all of them are unprofessional to some degree.  Adam and Malia pretending nothing ever happened to them, her stringing him along.  Then Wes getting involved with a subordinate. Seems to me that dynamic is ripe for long-lasting charter issues versus one daliance with a guest.

Humble and apologetic to who?  These folks wouldn't know humility if it took a dump right in front of them.  

7 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Adam is pretty terrible.  Still, would probably sleep with him and chalk it up to bad decisions. 

And what will you do when you find out Adam has:  a)  No balls.  b) A serious STD?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MegD said:

Because I suspect that she never dreamed he'd log into the iPad. The footage the camera crew got of the hook up was tiny. It was only after Fugs' discovery that it became worthy of putting on TV. I guarantee we'd have never heard of any of it had Fugs not discovered it. I fully suspect that the camera crew then scrambled to get footage to cover the drama and storyline.

See, I disagree with your first sentence.  I think the whole thing was a setup for Hannah to have a storyline.  First the primary dumps his phone into the hot tub and then Hannah comments that she could put it in rice for him.  We already have the setup that he doesn't have a phone.  The next morning she hands him the phone and he even comments that he had rice in his lap and if we didn't catch that then he says the phone was dead or needed charging.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

See, I disagree with your first sentence.  I think the whole thing was a setup for Hannah to have a storyline.  First the primary dumps his phone into the hot tub and then Hannah comments that she could put it in rice for him.  We already have the setup that he doesn't have a phone.  The next morning she hands him the phone and he even comments that he had rice in his lap and if we didn't catch that then he says the phone was dead or needed charging.

I don't think someone intentionally dumped their iPhone into a hot tub for fun because going into his cabin would be enough of a storyline. And seriously the texts were so ridiculously boring despite how Bugs tried to frame them.

It is just like a lot of things that happen on these shows they go back to the logs where people have to review all the footage and make notes and than put that in the edit. Yes there is manipulation but a lot of stuff also just happens and gets framed and created in editing because there is available footage.

• Love 3
On 7/12/2017 at 0:51 PM, ivygirl said:

If Wes chooses Malia, I'll be waiting patiently for Bugs' heightened sense of justice, fairness, professionalism, and propriety to show up. But something tells me I'd be waiting a long time until Hell froze over.

Sorry for the correction. I'm not really a pedant. Honest!

• Love 1
On 7/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, dleighg said:

I loved Hannah's dry "it was made from an actual watermelon" (after of course the obligatory, fake, exaggerated pause)

I'm not sure the pause was fake or exaggerated. I think she was caught completely off-guard by the question because I suspect that the thing that Adam made is not something that can simply be ordered in. I suspect that the thing that Adam made can only be made from scratch, and that would leave anyone baffled while they tried to parse the question and figure out how to correctly respond.

• Love 5

I'm surprised that the yachts don't keep some containers of silica gel around to dry off electronics.  That stuff is pretty cheap to buy in amounts large enough to dry out the biggest  tablet and its reusable to boot.  You just dry it out in the oven and it is ready to use again.  You'd think that getting electronics wet is a regular happenstance on a yacht and they'd have a method in plan for drying the units out.  First wipe them dry with a lintless cloth like a tea towel then put the electronics in with the silica gel in an air tight water tight container, like a ziploc bag, using silica gel with pieces that are large enough to not get into the ports/speakers/holes of the electronics.  Change out the silica when it gets wet enough (there are ones that have dyes added that change color when it gets wet).

• Love 2
(edited)
35 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I'm not sure the pause was fake or exaggerated. I think she was caught completely off-guard by the question because I suspect that the thing that Adam made is not something that can simply be ordered in. I suspect that the thing that Adam made can only be made from scratch, and that would leave anyone baffled while they tried to parse the question and figure out how to correctly respond.

I could see her asking if the granita were store bought.  I've seen granita mix for sale in pouches or cans like concentrated juice is sold, where other frozen drink mixes are for sale (Bacardi strawberry daquiri type stuff). In large amounts it's used in machines kind of like an icee machine.  The mix  http://desertcool.com/granita-mix     and the machine https://frocup.com/product/frozen-drink-machine-donper-two/   but the stuff from the machine very obviously comes out like a slushie, it isn't the harder frozen flakes that you get when you make granita in a pan and scrape it with a fork.  When you make granita from scratch the first time you stir the granita it's softer and you stir it so that there are no lumps but the second time you "mix it" you actually scrape it with a fork so you can get flakes and it looks flaked, like Adam's granita looked.  I guess maybe she thought that he might have used a premade mix without a machine to get the home made flaked texture, or more likely she was being a bitch and trying to throw around her knowledge and show off to the guests and hopefully catch out the yacht crew using short cuts.

Homemade-pomegranate-granita.jpggranita.JPG Grapefruit-Granita-652x652.jpg

You can see this last granita is a bit more smooth than the other two but none of them have the smoothness of a machine made one, and the granita Adam made was really chunky, he didn't take the time to scrape it finely.  There was no doubt he made it in a pan.

The next two images are commercial "granita" mix, which is really just a slushie.  The first has booze in it, and the second is from a powder.  The first probably is from a syrup like icee/slushie machines use.

0000538_fruit-n-ice-granita-frozen-drink

bicomsrl-21550220.jpg

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

A granita is so easy to make that I'm not sure why the broker would suggest that Adam took a store bought sorbet and messed around with it so it resembles a granita (the flaked texture). I suspect that it was a dumb production question to show that the broker was a hard ass and the level of service she expects.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2017 at 5:56 PM, snarts said:

Captain Sandy: "Wes, the producers called and I need you to pick a lead deckhand so as to piss everybody off and highlight why it's inappropriate for you to shag your subordinate

This is probably exactly what happened. Like I told my wife, Wes is now in a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't scenario. He cannot promote Melia without looking like he's favoring her and thereby pissing off the two guys. At the same time, he cannot promote Bobby or Max without looking like he's intentionally not promoting her in order to prove he's not playing favorites.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I'm surprised that the yachts don't keep some containers of silica gel around to dry off electronics.  That stuff is pretty cheap to buy in amounts large enough to dry out the biggest  tablet and its reusable to boot.  You just dry it out in the oven and it is ready to use again.  You'd think that getting electronics wet is a regular happenstance on a yacht and they'd have a method in plan for drying the units out.  First wipe them dry with a lintless cloth like a tea towel then put the electronics in with the silica gel in an air tight water tight container, like a ziploc bag, using silica gel with pieces that are large enough to not get into the ports/speakers/holes of the electronics.  Change out the silica when it gets wet enough (there are ones that have dyes added that change color when it gets wet).

Exactly!  We needed a story line that would last for 2 - 3 episodes so..........................

I was just checking out the recipes.  I never made granita before but I might give it a go. It hot in my neck of the woods today!  Anyway, my point about Adam's granita is the portion size.  It looked pretty enough in the spoon with the flowers but,  I would have wanted a bit more than a tablespoon.