Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Danielle's daughter has more sense than all of these fools.

Faith is the most sensible person on the whole d*** show.  Danielle, fgs, listen to your daughter.  

38 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Anfisa said no to a gift, colour me shocked but she is right.

At that moment I actually liked Anfisa.  

26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She shouldn't. Her green card has restrictions and these cannot be lifted for 2 years. During those 2 years, they must remain married and show proof of your life together.

Anfisa was not about the green card. After all, she doesn't want to work. She wanted a rich man to take care of her, spoil her and show her off.  I don't think she will mind going back to Russia. 

• Love 11

Anfisa and Pao are doing an excellent job of framing a narrative that will keep them out of an annulment mess like Mo is in. They aren't very clever about it but would be AOK if they ended up in court. They tried. Pao worked Anfisa declined a gift.  Good Lord. 

Pedro and his family of scammers have it made in the shade now...

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She shouldn't. Her green card has restrictions and these cannot be lifted for 2 years. During those 2 years, they must remain married and show proof of your life together.

My ex husband is British and we separated not long after we moved back to the US. We remain good friends and he was able to stay because we filed a no-fault divorce (or something to that effect, I forgot what the exact terminology is) and proved that it was a marriage made in good faith with the expectation of  full life together when we moved. Maybe it was easier because he wasn't from a typically scammy country, but it does happen and he's still here 7 years later! 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Surprisingly, I teared up at Chantel and Pedro’s vow renewal. I thought the flowers for grandma was a nice touch; very thoughtful. 

I thought it was very sweet of them to let River be the flower boy.

• Love 14

My husband was out of the room for the beginning of Chantel and Pedro's ceremony. When he came in, I filled him in on what he missed, "Chantel's parents gave the grandmother a gift, to make up for what happened, not getting out of the van." His response was, "What did they give her, a TV?"

• Love 10

Faith: How did you feel seeing Mohammed today?

Danielle: I really didn't feel nothing seein' 'im...

I thought maybe she was sitting with that blanket on her lap because her pants had caught fire and burned clean off her with the enormity of that lie.

I love how she tries to play the role of rational parent/strong woman/brave victim with her kids. Lady, your girls know exactly who you are.

She's made a fool of herself every time she's confronted him. Why not one more time, for old time's sake? She literally has no ability to learn from past mistakes. 

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 24

I think all the drama before Chantel and Pedro's vow renewal was producer driven.  Everyone looked fine with each other at the wedding. Danielle is really dragging this out - guess what, you were played, get over it! I don't particularly like Mohammed but you were used because you are dumb & your daughter is right, you are not going to feel any better about it chasing after him to yell; you just look foolish. Jorge really is a dumb ass and I kind of agree with Anfisa, she was sold a bill of goods that was not true and he doesn't have the looks or the charm to win her over any other way. And he really doesn't get it. Russ, Pao is not staying with you. Get back to your real life and let her have her little fake career in Miami. She'll be a dime a dozen there, but she will never be happy with you or Oklahoma.

• Love 9

Since Mohammed is at the reunion, I guess he didn't go back to Tunisia ? 

Another night free of Alexei and Loren was nice. 

I wish Devar was going to be at the reunion, just in case Mohammed tries to talk about Danielle and her female issues.

I question the edit of Pedro and Chantel after how quickly they all were happy at the wedding.  Did the family really stay in the van and not get out and even say hi to the grandmother, or did we just see them nervous about the house or the dog and they got out a few minutes later off camera? I've seen how TLC edits what they film in my city and it is so far off reality, ironically a&e  filmed in the same area, TLC said it was dangerous, a&e said it was a safe haven, in reality it is a highly sought after regular middle class suburb. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Family Pedro and Family Chantel aren't really using this show as a springboard to be in a sitcom together. Maybe all the squabbling is just for show. We want everyone to be nice to each other, but we complain when they are boring. 

• Love 8

I think Mohammed did use Danielle to obtain a green card.  I don't have a significant amount of sympathy for her, but he is a con artist and a sleazeball.  

I don't have any sympathy for Anfisa, either.  Rather than look for a sugar daddy, she should have relied on herself.  Life is not bad in Moscow, and women can do quite well there if they are educated.  She is a lazy whore and she made her fate.

Paola is never going to be a model.  I don't understand Russ' views on what she's wearing in videos, as most are less revealing than the average bikini, however, she has demanded a lot; He was expected to give up a lucrative career (there are plenty of oil and gas jobs in Texas and Louisiana right now, I know that, as I live in Alberta, which is also a centre for oil and gas), is expected to change careers, and is expected to move all to accommodate her whims and desires.  Someone on another site described it as he has handed her his testicles, and I agree with that.  I wonder, though, if this is about the TLC paycheques.

I think Chantel and Pedro will be fine, over the long haul.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, AllisonWonderland said:

My ex husband is British and we separated not long after we moved back to the US. We remain good friends and he was able to stay because we filed a no-fault divorce (or something to that effect, I forgot what the exact terminology is) and proved that it was a marriage made in good faith with the expectation of  full life together when we moved. Maybe it was easier because he wasn't from a typically scammy country, but it does happen and he's still here 7 years later! 

I also married a Brit! He came over on the K1 visa, which is why sometimes I take this show a little personally.

Did your husband come over on a spousal or fiance visa? Because each have their own rules.

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if Family Pedro and Family Chantel aren't really using this show as a springboard to be in a sitcom together. Maybe all the squabbling is just for show. We want everyone to be nice to each other, but we complain when they are boring. 

"Birch ass, slut ass, whore" (did I get that right?) is better tv than, "Oh, Mama Pedro, my parents want to thank you for the fantastic dinner at grandma's.  Is there a anything you would like us to sent you from America?"

• Love 2

Why are all Danielle’s friend/family on his Facebook?

And checking it while driving?

So when you reenact your wedding, do you take your wedding ring off and give it to your spouse to give back to you, or do you get a new one? 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

ME: Would you be upset if I wore lingerie in a music video? 

HUSBAND: That would be awesome. In fact, I think you should practice right now!

LOL.  I was thinking the same thing.  My husband would LOVE it.  

Can we keep Mohamed but deport Danielle?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Quof said:

And checking it while driving?

So when you reenact your wedding, do you take your wedding ring off and give it to your spouse to give back to you, or do you get a new one? 

I have to give them a slight pass on the wedding thing.

We had no idea when our visa would come through so it was impossible to plan a "real" wedding to coincide with the visa process. Instead, we set a wedding date about 9 months out, hoping that the visa would be in by then. It actually came about 7 months before that. Of course, we only had 90 days to actually get married. We wound up treating the wedding as just part of the visa process: I wore a nice skirt and blouse, my mom was our witness, and after the court house ceremony we played mini golf and went to the movies (Stephen King's 1408) while my mom babysat our son. We didn't even tell anyone, outside of my mother, that we'd done it. We did not don our rings at that point. Two months later, with his family over from England and mine in from all over the US, we had our "real" wedding with the reception, white dress, etc. Nobody knew that we were technically already married; we didn't want to ruin the fun. To be honest, we didn't even feel married until the big one, although our court house affair with the mini golf and movie was certainly less stressful. 

When you come over on a K1 visa, it's really impossible to plan for a ceremony because you just don't know how long all the stages of the process are going to take. This show makes it look much simpler than it is. For instance, they're basically showing what happens after the fiance arrives, leaving out most of the stuff that goes on beforehand (the interview, medical exam, etc. which all have various wait times). So I can understand them wanting to have the "official" wedding that must be completed before the 90 days and then the "real" wedding that consists of the family, friends, and big ceremony. 

Still, like everyone else, I rolled my eyes every time someone in Chantel's family talked about the marriage like it hadn't already happened. Like it was something she could now back out of. Then again, Chantel doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed-maybe she really DID think that they weren't officially married until they'd spent a shitload of money and had everyone there. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, chickenella said:

My husband was out of the room for the beginning of Chantel and Pedro's ceremony. When he came in, I filled him in on what he missed, "Chantel's parents gave the grandmother a gift, to make up for what happened, not getting out of the van." His response was, "What did they give her, a TV?"

Or a voodoo cauldron full of chicken feet.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I just cringed for Russ (and his parents) when he said that he had to go to work that night. Here's a highly educated man working a low paying night job.

my hubby does not watch the show but walked by last nite and all he said (about Pao) "whoa that girl looks like a slut". My ears bleed everytime she says "career". 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, rideashire said:

Mohamed needs to go back in that court house and file for a restraining order.

Danny- yill (as Mo pronounces it)  is determined to find a way to stay in his life no matter what! She's become completely unhinged. There is no reason why Mo shouldn't block her and all her friends and family from all social media and from his phone. If he doesn't, then he is as much of a drama queen as she is. 

What am I missing here? I thought if you didn't stay married for 5 yrs you automatically were deported? What does an annulment have to do with it? If you can come here, get your green card then get divorced at any time then what's the point? I don't understand why Mo gets to stay or Anfisa for that matter.......

• Love 3
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I wish someone would ask Pao just how much she got paid to do those two videos, and if her travel and hotel costs were coverd. 

Yeah, how many gigs has she gotten since doing this video since she proclaimed how important it was for her career. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

The only reason it was going to take so long for Alexei's brother to immigrate is because the US visa/immigration attitude toward Israel is negative.

Not true.  Adult siblings of citizens are in a lower-priority category than parents or spouses of citizens.  That's the reason Alexei's brother will have a long wait. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Quof said:

We did a vow renewal at 15 years (both of us US born - just for clarification).  We did no ring exchange.  Just re-recited vows with friends in attendance.

Every time I read this episode title I think of that Stacy Lattisaw/Johnny Gill duet

My fellow DC natives probably remember this one from "back in the day" lol.

Anyways I hope Pao/Russ, Loren/Alexei and DaniMo aren't asked back next season, there's really nothing more to see with any of their pairings. At least with Chantel/Pedro there's the "will they/won't they move into a place with a bedroom not in a kitchen", and Jorge and Anfisa's social media mysteriousness. I can't sit through a third season of Pao being hot in the pants and Russ being a cuckhold, Loren and her "trets", and Danielle and Mohamed who are no longer legally a thing and therefore have no reason to be on TV together again. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Faith: How did you feel seeing Mohammed today?

Danielle: I really didn't feel nothing seein' 'im...

I thought maybe she was sitting with that blanket on her lap because her pants had caught fire and burned clean off her with the enormity of that lie.

I love how she tries to play the role of rational parent/strong woman/brave victim with her kids. Lady, your girls know exactly who you are.

She's made a fool of herself every time she's confronted him. Why not one more time, for old time's sake? She literally has no ability to learn from past mistakes. 

Yes, oh yes, to ALL of it!!!

• Love 2

Russ and Pao....why do they want us to think that All Colombian's are okay with bumping and grinding in lingerie for a music video and ALL people from Oklahoma are against it? I mean, enough of the "Colombians think this, and people from Oklahoma think that."  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kid said:

But she was so proud of her delusional self for hunting him down and saying her peace on her terms. While Mo has this look on his face: sure, what ever you say, now get the fuck out of my face for good!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Swim mom said:

The government is sensitive to feelings.  If you can show that at the beginning your marriage was not a sham, then you get to stay, become a citizen, and your brothers, sisters, their spouses, and their children move to the front of the immigration line. The only reason it was going to take so long for Alexei's brother to immigrate is because the US visa/immigration attitude toward Israel is negative.  Any more discussion than that gets into politics,  so you could google it if you are curious. 

My sister in law is British and we applied for her visa 7 years ago. Still waiting.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Swim mom said:

The only reason it was going to take so long for Alexei's brother to immigrate is because the US visa/immigration attitude toward Israel is negative.

I'm not going to look it up...there's too much stuff for my brain to take in these days...but this DOES surprise me. 

2 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Every time I read this episode title I think of that Stacy Lattisaw/Johnny Gill duet

My fellow DC natives probably remember this one from "back in the day" lol.

Anyways I hope Pao/Russ, Loren/Alexei and DaniMo aren't asked back next season, there's really nothing more to see with any of their pairings. At least with Chantel/Pedro there's the "will they/won't they move into a place with a bedroom not in a kitchen", and Jorge and Anfisa's social media mysteriousness. I can't sit through a third season of Pao being hot in the pants and Russ being a cuckhold, Loren and her "trets", and Danielle and Mohamed who are no longer legally a thing and therefore have no reason to be on TV together again. 

I will miss Alexei though...I think he's hot as hell.  (I know I'm in the minority here).

• Love 3

They should retitle this show, 90 Day Fiance: The Train Wreck Continues.

Jorge meets Anfisa on a rooftop garage to apologize and give her a gift.  This guy's spine has definitely been surgically removed.

Russ, there are plenty of girls next door in Oklahoma you could have married, I'm sure a lot of the ones you went to high school with are available again.  And they would be the perfect little wife for you and you would never have to worry about them being in a sexy music video.

Enjoy your happy day, Chantel.  The years of misery are yet to come.

Danielle, Mohamed played you and the system and he won.  Get over it.

• Love 10

Interesting how Danielle forgets that she misrepresented herself a bit, but Mohammed was able to figure it out when the electricity was cut as well as other utilities.  I was surprised that Mohammed let her into his hotel room.  Danielle wants to finally tell him off, but it's still the same old, same old.  I think Mohammed should be deported, but I'm so not sympathetic to Danielle.  Very telling that Danielle continually brings up how Mohammed hurt her children when they are all 'just stop.'

I agree with others that Russ should just pack up and go to OK.  Start over now rather than in several more years and the potential loss of his home in OK as his income is not only lower but he will have to pay his mortgage and pay rent in Miami.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My sister in law is British and we applied for her visa 7 years ago. Still waiting.

Nobody said the line for family unification was short, just that sister in law is above a random immigrant.

Divorce attorneys aren't cheap. Is Danielle really throwing away all her TLC money on trying to get Mo deported through an annulment? If Danielle was smart (she's not) she would bank every penny of that money because the cash cow can't  be milked for much longer. 

• Love 5

I have to say, I do think the only way Mohammed is going to get away from Danielle is to as he said "disappear". They are both horrible people, but she is REALLY nuts. she will never let go and I dont believe for a second she has a boyfriend.If she does, wow.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I'm not going to look it up...there's too much stuff for my brain to take in these days...but this DOES surprise me. 

I will miss Alexei though...I think he's hot as hell.  (I know I'm in the minority here).

I agree partially. From a distance he's attractive but up close,  his mouth, eyes and beard :/

• Love 2

Chantel looked beautiful in her wedding dress, I wish I was Pedro marrying Chantel and what is with Pedro's sister wearing white to the wedding? I am surprised Chantel did not make a big deal out of it...

I live in Oklahoma City and I will say I am surprised that I did not bump into Russell but this stupid storyline about the lingerie stuff is getting old

Danielle is a mess and she will never let Mohamed go.....

It was nice of Alexei to show up for Loren's speech, he seems like a good husband for her 

I am glad Anifsa left Jorge, he keeps disappointing her and Jorge is an idiot for lying to her and telling her that he is rich when he is not 

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1