Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E14: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished / S34.E15: Reunion

• Start Topic

Well, I'm glad that handing out Immunity Idols like candy finally came back to haunt TPTB, and especially by working to eliminate one of their favorites.  (What was it that Cirie got up off of again?  Was it a chaise?  I can't remember.  Wish they'd revisit that more).

Before the episode started I remarked to my wife that there were enough Immunities in play at F6 to make all but one player immune, and damned if it didn't play out that way.

Hell, if they hadn't arbitrarily set 13 and 6 as the TCs that the Legacy Advantage could be used, they could've faced a F5 with everyone immune.

Reunion: Interesting that they finally revealed the tie-breaker.  But, would that tie-breaking vote have been done on-site at the time of the FTC?  In which case everyone would know?  Or would the tie-break vote have been cast at the reunion, which would seem patently unfair for the obvious reasons?

And, "hey we forgot to let Varner whore his book and thus monetize his assholery.  So go ahead and pitch it!  What the fuckity-fuck?

Next season:  Another season of over-generalized and misplaced characterizations and stereotypes.  Fuck you Burnett.  Over-under on how many "heroes" are from Boston?  And none of you first-responder "heroes" better think about giving anyone CPR.  No "healing" from you!  "Hustlers".  Because "no collar" was too high-brow a concept.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

I know the show pushes the outwit, outplay, outlast theme, but I would be one of those jurors who just votes for who he likes most..

I am 100% the same. And I am not ashamed! I think more actual Survivor jurors vote that way than a lot of the audience would care to admit too.

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Also, Monica, how 'bout you wait a freaking second for Sarah to embrace her hot husband instead of glomming on to her moment for an on-camera hug.

Right! I was like really Monica you gotta shove your face on screen before Sarah even gets a chance to hug her hot husband!

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Your TV should have a setting for sound, music, conversation etc.  The music was not overpowering for me, it is set on conversation or dialog, something like that. 

What?! THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! I gotta check this out.

The stuff with Brad and Tai made me so livid. It was disgusting. I am not a fan of the way Tai plays the game and I imagine it is frustrating as hell to play with him, but Brad is (and always was and always will be) a grade A dick. The way he picked up Tai during his 'apology' was so gross.

I'll be the table of one with this apparently but I loled for real when Aubry showed up on the jury. No, honey! She looks a million times better to me not all dolled up. This episode reminded me again just how much I love Aubry though. Her eye roll during Ozzy's "I'm Brad's champion" speech was exquisite.

I love Michaela so fucking much. She is a rock star. I need her to be my best friend!

Sarah played a great game. I would maybe even go so far as to say it was one of the greatest games I've ever seen played on Survivor, but man, I can not bring myself to like her. But I'm super pumped she won if only because it meant Brad didn't win.

ETA: Oh and Varner made damn sure to kill off any good will I had for him at the reunion. He is truly a shitty, selfish asshole.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

(Seriously men, there is just no call to wear short-sleeved dress shirts. Ever.) 

Unless you're about to try to sell me a Kenmore refrigerator.  No, no there's not.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, GaT said:

Because she's on the jury & you never know how resentful someone on the jury will be. They got rid of someone without being responsible for it.

Cirie has been on the jury every time she has played. She's not especially bitter. And what's different about her than everyone you actually did put on the jury via vote? This doesn't make much sense, all things considered. Cirie would have blamed her own misstep in the previous TC if she'd been voted out. That misstep ultimately didn't matter at all. Idols and advantages are all that mattered. This show has lost it. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Alapaki said:

Well, I'm glad that handing out Immunity Idols like candy finally came back to haunt TPTB, and especially by working to eliminate one of their favorites.  (What was it that Cirie got up off of again?  Was it a chaise?  I can't remember.  Wish they'd revisit that more).

Before the episode started I remarked to my wife that there were enough Immunities in play at F6 to make all but one player immune, and damned if it didn't play out that way.

Hell, if they hadn't arbitrarily set 13 and 6 as the TCs that the Legacy Advantage could be used, they could've faced a F5 with everyone immune.

Reunion: Interesting that they finally revealed the tie-breaker.  But, would that tie-breaking vote have been done on-site at the time of the FTC?  In which case everyone would know?  Or would the tie-break vote have been cast at the reunion, which would seem patently unfair for the obvious reasons?

And, "hey we forgot to let Varner whore his book and thus monetize his assholery.  So go ahead and pitch it!  What the fuckity-fuck?

Next season:  Another season of over-generalized and misplaced characterizations and stereotypes.  Fuck you Burnett.  Over-under on how many "heroes" are from Boston?  And none of you first-responder "heroes" better think about giving anyone CPR.  No "healing" from you!  "Hustlers".  Because "no collar" was too high-brow a concept.

I think they used "Hustlers" because it begins with "H".  I don't get too upset about the silly themes, except when Probst tries way too hard to fit what goes on in the game to the theme or try to goad the players into playing to the theme.  This season's "Game Changers" might have been the worst example ever of the latter.  

• Love 3
  1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

(Seriously men, there is just no call to wear short-sleeved dress shirts. Ever.) 

Agreed. But then again, button downs aren't dress shirts and shouldn't be worn with a tie ever. That's why proper dress shirts only come in long sleeve but button downs come in both long and short sleeves. Pet Peeve of mind...you know, some of us crazy Southerners(who aren't ancient but rather 41 LOL) observe the old fashioned 'rules' like no white before Easter or after Labor Day, small children wear smoked corduroy Bishops and John-Johns for Christmas even though it's very likely the a/c is running, no caps or hats inside unless its women in church, etc. LOL

Good old Brad also wore a button down with his suit in a picture for his law firm posted by someone else. At least his brother-in-law knew better. 

Sorry for the thread drift but again, pet peeve of mine. 

Brad's reunion outfit made him look like one of the Bobs from Office Space.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think they used "Hustlers" because it begins with "H".  I don't get too upset about the silly themes, except when Probst tries way too hard to fit what goes on in the game to the theme or try to goad the players into playing to the theme.

Agreed.  But, as we lawyer-types say, that's "an exception that swallows the rule".  There's going to be no end to Probst's "as a Healer, you're used to . . . . " And from the players "You know Jeff, as a "Hero" I . . . . ".  Or, even worse, the "aw shucks, I don't think of myself as a "Hero", I'm just a really really great person."

3 minutes ago, ferretrick said:

Brad's reunion outfit made him look like one of the Bobs from Office Space.

Hey!  The Bob's were boss.  Brad's a Milton.

• Love 6
  1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I totally got Ozzy backing Brad. He was basically voting for himself.

Yes, and Debbie NOT voting for Sarah was the same petulant jealousy she unleashed on Hali for no reason.  I don't think she likes to saa any other woman to do better than she does.

I seriously wanted to smack that bitch when she went off on Sarah for lying, etc., etc. Let me see-Sarah is an undercover cop who has put her life on the line to protect innocent people. You are a convicted felon who falsified water tests from Hurricane Katrina and could have gotten people killed. Yeah, fuck off and die, Debbie.

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm definitely in the minority but I like Brad. And I don't care for Michaela. I agree with Brad, I don't know what answer she was looking for. He gave her school and job. As far as Brad being an attorney, he's a DUI attorney and his ads do make them sound like ambulance chasers but there are a lot of those around here. Shoot, we even had the amphitheater sponsored by 1-800-Ask-Gary so I don't really have a problem with Culpepper Kurland. The article talking about him going to trial once was from 4 years ago so the number might have changed. Most cases don't go to trial. In our county (which neighbors Hillsborough/Tampa) we have very few. Maybe one a month? Not going to trial doesn't mean the defense is giving in. Sometimes it's the other way around. Or you know your client did it (DUIs should be easy to prove) so getting a lesser conviction and sentence is a win.

http://www.ckfirm.com/Attorneys/

I am happy with the final 3 and the winner. I like them all. The more I see of Tai the less I like him. He's a train wreck. He lies, puts his foot in his mouth, blabs, and backstabs and still wants to play the victim. No, I didn't care for the way Brad talked to him but he was probably very frustrated from dealing with Tai for over a month. 

When Brad was wearing his own shirt, it was hanging off one very bony shoulder. I guess Brad lost so much weight and muscle mass it wouldn't stay on anymore.  But when I saw him at the reunion my first thought was how could Monica let him dress like that in public. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ferretrick said:

I seriously wanted to smack that bitch when she went off on Sarah for lying, etc., etc. Let me see-Sarah is an undercover cop who has put her life on the line to protect innocent people. You are a convicted felon who falsified water tests from Hurricane Katrina and could have gotten people killed. Yeah, fuck off and die, Debbie.

But, then you would have ended up with ugly all over your hand. :)

• Love 4
(edited)

I can't say I'm happy that Sarah won, but I am damn glad that neither Culpepper or Troyzan won. Honestly, as the season went I on, I was warming to Culpepper a bit - but as others have mentioned, he showed who he really was in these last few episodes and I can only hope TPTB never bring that asshole back onto my screen. I might be in the minority, but I really like Tai - I don't think he's got the constitution for Survivor - but I think he's a genuinely nice person and seeing Culpepper outright bully him, it just made me sick. I was literally yelling at the television, "DON'T DO IT, TAI!!!" What a prick. Seriously, producers, let this be the end of ever seeing another Culpepper onscreen. 

And stop with all the stupid idols and advantages. Having one in each camp per season might make it interesting, but when you have multiple people sitting around with multiple idols and advantages, it makes it boring. 

Personally, I'd rather see all new people play the game - no more all-stars or whatever they call them. There were so many playing this season that I didn't like the first (or second, third, fourth, etc.) time I saw them. And the title, "Game changers" was kinda stupid - especially given the people you had competing. 

P.S. - Stop putting live animals in the game. 

P.P.S. - Why the hell was Cupepper wearing a burlap sack?

Edited by Lunula
Spelling
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, simplyme said:

(Whoever said he [Brad] looked like their history teacher, I said math teacher, but yeah. He was channeling a high school teacher there.)

I was thinking slimy used car salesman but YMMV.  (No offense intended to non-slimy used car salesmen.)  But his look did have a 70's vibe to it.

• Love 1

I liked all the women this time around.  Game-play aside, I'm especially fond of Michaela, Cirie, Aubrey, Hailey, and Sandra - each for different reasons.

I loved Culpepper's look at council.  The '70's stache, short-sleaved office shirt, and tight-fitting pants were awful and cool at the same time.  He's an ass at times for sure, but he's got an edge about him that I like, i.e. he's gonna do his own thing no matter what.  

Glad for Sarah's win.  I don't take to her the way I do those listed above, but she earned the victory hands-down.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I loved Culpepper's look at council.  The '70's stache, short-sleaved office shirt, and tight-fitting pants were awful and cool at the same time.  He's an ass at times for sure, but he's got an edge about him that I like, i.e. he's gonna do his own thing no matter what. 

That would also explain the wide white belt he wore all season.

29 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I'm definitely in the minority but I like Brad. And I don't care for Michaela. I agree with Brad, I don't know what answer she was looking for. He gave her school and job.

But he didn't even get the school right. 

I'd argue. what Michaela was looking for, was proof that he was playing said social game. Someone said it in a season (it was HvV i think) - Parvarti is charming and loves playing the social game.... to people she likes. if she doesn't like you she doesn't get to know you she doesn't spend time with you or anything like that. So then are you really social or just being nice to your friends. Brad was plenty sociable. To Sierra, Troyzan, JT. Everyone else? 

Cirie doesn't like everyone, but I bet you she could tell you important things (like i spent 2 weeks with you on an island  things) about people, other than name, rank, and occupation, and she touched on that during reunion. if you don't connect/bond/get to know people you will get this brick wall. Hell. the man couldn't even say "Your mom's name is Mary and I know how close you two are, because I remember you talking about that one night." or. "I know you want to do ABC, XYZ with your job in the next few years etc." 

• Love 6

I really enjoyed the finale.  I loved the tribal council when five people were safe from the vote.  I know that several people are upset about Cirie going out that way, but I really loved how that all played out.  My favorites get voted out, rocked out, evacuated out, etc. so although I do like specific contestants it is a part of the game.  And, just the way each person, one at a time, gave their immunity to Jeff was just perfection.

I also liked seeing the 'nice guy' veneer come off of Brad as he got closer to the end and felt that he was in control.

Although I like Tai at times, I think the  reason I'm not a big fan of his is due to what he said at the reunion-that he is used to being able to manipulate others to get what he wants and that he isn't able to be successful at it in Survivor.  That kind of solidified things for me-he uses his child like demeanor to manipulate others.  

I really didn't like how Jeff Varner made it sound like he took total responsibility for what he said to Zeke.  I kept seeing/hearing him trying to justify what he said, not take responsibility for it.  I also disliked his reference to the company that fired him.  Fortunately, I missed his plug for his book-otherwise I would really have some comments about that.

And for Ozzy?  I guess I only like him when he is swimming or fishing and with his hair loose and long (yes, I'm shallow like that...).  But when he tries to convince others that the way he plays is the only way to play or when he tries to make a big political connection to the final tribal council?  Not so much.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Special K said:

There was a separate live thread, but I guess not everyone knew.

There wasn't a separate thread; GenL kindly moved the live chat posts to a separate thread later in response to people who dislike the live chat. I love the live chat but agree that it makes sense to do it as a separate thread from the start, so people who hate it can easily avoid it.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

What was so great about it is Michaela didn't say Brad didn't make personal connections, she made Brad show it.  I think Michaela would be a better trial attorney than Brad.  

Very impressive.  Another voice showing that the social aspect of this game is more important that being a challenge monster (you listening Ozzy?). 

On 5/25/2017 at 9:06 AM, fishcakes said:

But he lifted him off the ground both times, which seems sort of unnecessarily aggressive, so I think it was more like he actually was sorry, but also wanted Tai to know he could kill him with his bare hands.

I thought it was condescending to lift him up.  That is something you do to a child. 

On 5/25/2017 at 9:06 AM, fishcakes said:

Sarah's answer to Andrea's question was a good example of this because the question was basically a more graceful version of Eliza's, "my question is: APOLOGIZE TO ME," but Sarah's answer was, "look, my job requires that I lie all the time and endanger myself for the good of society. Lying keeps me alive." Not only did Sarah not apologize for her gameplay, but she made Andrea's question look sort of petty, because the meaning was, "how can you question my integrity? I put my life on the line for people like you every day!" but the delivery was such that it almost made made you feel sorry for her because she's out there having to pretend to be a user or a prostitute. If Brad were really the trial genius he claims to be, he would have been all over that deflection.

This was a brilliant answer because it was the truth.  So many neglect sharing insight into their strategy and give the cliche survivor answer of "it's a game and I came to win." 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:51 AM, Winston9-DT3 said:

I was going to say Brad can't be all that smart if he tried to file a disability claim for a period when he was playing Survivor,

I doubt he will play again.  His loss and exposed behavior effected him profoundly. He came for a redemption arc and didn't get it because he cannot be someone he isn't.  He stared at the floor during the entire reunion and had nothing to say other than the hollow apology to Tai.   Jeff's what if scenario put a spot light on his bad behavior.  He fought to stop it. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'd argue. what Michaela was looking for, was proof that he was playing said social game. Someone said it in a season (it was HvV i think) - Parvarti is charming and loves playing the social game.... to people she likes. if she doesn't like you she doesn't get to know you she doesn't spend time with you or anything like that. So then are you really social or just being nice to your friends. Brad was plenty sociable. To Sierra, Troyzan, JT. Everyone else? 

I thought he said something like she's from Texas, went to school in Texas, and is involved in sales.  She did go to school in Texas.  What part did he get wrong?

Let's face it, it was Michaela.  No matter what he said, she was going to find fault with him.  Her question was deliberately set up for him to fail.  She made it all about herself.  She's still butt hurt that he didn't like her.  The evidence for this was in her interviews where she said that people didn't understand her.  She also implied that the game was socially unfair to her because she basically said, not in so many words, that she is a black woman and that rich white men like Brad are more likely to own boats and would know what a compass rose is.  

I really don't understand what kind of answer she was looking for.  She was already under the belief that she didn't like him and he didn't "know" her.  I'm wondering exactly what she "knew" about him.  Probably about the same as he knew about her.  I've never seen Survivor as this social experiment where you have to get everyone to like you to win.  You just have to get enough people to like you, more than dislike you.  There have certainly been examples of winners in the past that weren't liked by the jury but picked as the winner anyways.  I don't think Sarah was universally liked.  Even the people that liked her felt betrayed by her.  I guess I'm not sure why it's such a sin in Michaela's eyes to feel that Brad made no effort to get close to her.  She doesn't seem to have made much effort with anyone except for Cirie and Sandra.  I would imagine many of the others don't know anything about her either.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Cirie doesn't like everyone, but I bet you she could tell you important things (like i spent 2 weeks with you on an island  things) about people, other than name, rank, and occupation, and she touched on that during reunion. if you don't connect/bond/get to know people you will get this brick wall. Hell. the man couldn't even say "Your mom's name is Mary and I know how close you two are, because I remember you talking about that one night." or. "I know you want to do ABC, XYZ with your job in the next few years etc." 

I dislike Brad and love Michaela, but Brad did get the school right.  It was sort of a no win question for Brad, unless he could come up with a list of stories from Michaela's childhood or her hopes, dreams and aspirations.   Still, while the question might not have been totally fair, I think it was true that Brad didn't play much of a social game and especially failed to make any connection with those outside his small inner circle.   

A better answer from Brad (if he had the info) would have been, "I know you work for X and went to TCU"  but let me tell you about Sierra, Troyzan, Debbie and whomever else he got to know better.  This is, of course, assuming he did listen to other people in camp.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Let's face it, it was Michaela.  No matter what he said, she was going to find fault with him.  Her question was deliberately set up for him to fail.  She made it all about herself.  She's still butt hurt that he didn't like her.  The evidence for this was in her interviews where she said that people didn't understand her.  She also implied that the game was socially unfair to her because she basically said, not in so many words, that she is a black woman and that rich white men like Brad are more likely to own boats and would know what a compass rose is.

I agree with this.  My answer would've been "I learned that you're an asshole who wanted to me go fishing so you had something to eat after I got voted off".  I learned that you overreact and through juvenile hissy-fits whenever you don't get your way, and by 'your way', I mean the whole world doesn't get out of the way to let you win.  Anything else you want to know?"

• Love 10
(edited)

I enjoyed this season as a whole and I also enjoyed last night's episode(s).

Michaela cracks me up. I bet she's not easy to play that game with, but I would love to meet her in real life. She didn't take any of the Survivor stuff personally and she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

I love that Tai didn't take Culpepper's bullshit and defended himself. He may not be suited for this game, but I loved watching him this season.

I know Troyzan was a goat to take to F3, but I felt terrible for him when at FTC, he realized he was not getting any votes at all. 

Cirie, I appreciated her game play a whole lot more this season. 

Ozzy rubbed me the wrong way with his FTC "my way's the only way to play Survivor". I love the physical aspect of the game, and I am one of the few who loved that a physical player like Tom won the game. But it is NOT the only way. Ozzy can say that's what he rewards in a player, but that is not how his speech came off during the FTC.

I was glad that Sarah won!

And count me in with the few who liked the new FTC format, although I would have liked to hear a bit more from each of the F3.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 6

Michaela is not the first person to ask that question. I believe Jenna might have asked someone to tell her about her family. Kelly knocked that question out of the park. It shows that the person has been paying attention and cares about the people they are playing with. You are together for a decent period of time 24/7, at the very least you should learn something about a person. If you cannot tell someone their favorite food or school or football team or whatever it says that you went out of your way to not to get to know them. And that is the sign of a crappy social game. Brad supposedly played a great social game but I suspect that he could not answer the most basic questions about a number of other players. Brad is the jock who hangs out with the cool kids and ignores the others until he can use them.

• Love 7

Why so many puzzles this season? I remember when the final challenge used to be very physical, requiring lots of concentration. I specifically remember Brian's.....they had to sit in a certain position holding pennies....or something like that.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I dislike Brad and love Michaela, but Brad did get the school right.  It was sort of a no win question for Brad, unless he could come up with a list of stories from Michaela's childhood or her hopes, dreams and aspirations.   Still, while the question might not have been totally fair, I think it was true that Brad didn't play much of a social game and especially failed to make any connection with those outside his small inner circle.   

A better answer from Brad (if he had the info) would have been, "I know you work for X and went to TCU"  but let me tell you about Sierra, Troyzan, Debbie and whomever else he got to know better.  This is, of course, assuming he did listen to other people in camp.

He could have given a better answer and he definitely could have presented the answer better. The scowl on his face while grudgingly spitting out those few basic facts basically made her point for her. 

He could have acknowledged that they had a thorny relationship and gone the "sometimes people don't click for whatever reason, blah blah blah" route and turned it back around to the people he did have relationships with, but he chose not to. 

A lot of Brad's behavior reminded me of Andrew Savage, who also definitely falls in the category of "nice to friends, not so much to others." A wealthy, somewhat entitled person who's used to getting his way and when someone gets in his way, he tries to either steamroll them (Tai) or dismiss them (Michaela, Hali).

Wasn't Michaela the one publicly eye-rolling Brad when he was trying to connect emotionally with the tribe right after the merge? 

No. Both she and Troyzan were staring into space because they apparently weren't feeling that emotional at that moment. I don't think either of them should have to manufacture tears that they weren't feeling right then. Neither of them said anything or did anything to break the mood of the others though. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 10
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

He could have given a better answer and he definitely could have presented the answer better. The scowl on his face while grudgingly spitting out those few basic facts basically made her point for her. 

Yes, his disdain for her was palpable.   Predictable though, he is socially challenged. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Seriously, though, he could have answered it much better than he did. He either didn't even try or really didn't care about her. He should have been able to talk about her mom's name and how proud she was of how hard her mom worked, and how happy she was that her mom got to visit Fiji. He should have been able to say she could be very willful and fierce and competitive. That she was highly emotional and reacted strongly. That maybe, no, he wasn't close to her the way he was to some of the others, but that didn't mean he didn't pay attention to her and still learn some things. Maybe say he thinks it will be easier to get to know her when they aren't competing against each other.

As it was, his answer came off as dismissive, like he didn't bother to learn more than a couple things and Michaela wasn't worth putting himself out for to prove anything. Which, if you're trying to claim you have an excellent social game, sort of torpedoes your point. If you don't bother to make the effort to answer a single question, you can't claim the lack of a relationship was entirely the other person's fault. That's really the key for me.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Put it in this context.  A cop (or ANYONE with a grain of sense) is not going to hand a loaded gun to a criminal in a life-or-death situation and say, "I'm going to let you HOLD this is a sign of trust."  Because they know that if the gun is loaded, they're going to end up dead.  

Sarah ain't stupid.  She knew she was NOT going to lose that advantage; Cirie would have either shown herself to be trustworthy, or she would have exposed herself for the non-trustworthy person she was.

Didn't Sarah also say that she really didn't want to play that advantage at that point in the game.  If Sarah had her way, she would have had it at final four...and stealing a vote then would have been a (damn, I hate to say this) a game changer.

2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I am a humanitarian about the short sleeved shirts for me: live in a hot climate, short sleeved dress shirts are allowed for all but the richest. (Richest go from their limos into foyers with perfect climate control, etc.) The rest of the world knows that Air conditioning can be slow to catch up to crowded rooms. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I am a humanitarian about the short sleeved shirts for me: live in a hot climate, short sleeved dress shirts are allowed for all but the richest. (Richest go from their limos into foyers with perfect climate control, etc.) The rest of the world knows that Air conditioning can be slow to catch up to crowded rooms. 

I live in a hot climate, too.  You just don't wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt anywhere, no matter what!   

• Love 4
(edited)

So will someone remind me again what Sarah does for a living?

I kid, I kid.  The cop thing just really grates my nerves.  "My training and powers of observation . . . blah, blah blah". Girl, bye.  I thought you were talking yourself right out of a vote when you admitted how you snaked Sierra for the L.A..

Her beating Culpepper was the only redeeming moment of the night.  But I guess I was just a " Bitter Betty" (hey, Michaela!) after Cirie had to leave.

Edited by absolutqt
Spelling
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Special K said:

God help me, but I love Troyzan.  He just loves Survivor and life.  I liked this final FTC speech.  He knew he wasn't winning, and he was full of gratitude and humility.

I laughed so hard when one of the jurors (Michaela I think?) said he was like Sandra without the sass after he described his game strategy.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, absolutqt said:

So will someone remind me again what Sarah does for a living?

I kid, I kid.  The cop thing just really grates my nerves.  "My training and powers of observation . . . blah, blah blah". Girl, bye.  I thought you were talking yourself right out of a vote when you admitted how you snaked Sierra for the L.A..

It was annoying to me as well, but it probably played better to the jury who aren't getting it in such a condensed format.  They seemed to buy the whole idea that her experiences going undercover allowed her to separate real life from Sarah from Survivor Sarah.  I thought it was a good answer.  

She did an excellent job in that tribal council and played a strong game overall.  I was definitely rooting for her, especially once Cirie left.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Seriously, though, he could have answered it much better than he did. He either didn't even try or really didn't care about her. He should have been able to talk about her mom's name and how proud she was of how hard her mom worked, and how happy she was that her mom got to visit Fiji.

I doubt he knew any of this.  And he was under the impression that he was in a good position winning so many challenges.  He heard Ozzy and Debbie praise him for this straight away if comments were filmed in order and I believe they were.   Somewhere during this segment, it hit him that Sarah had it in the bag and I bet it was after he dismissed Michaela.  He seemed cock sure that everyone else shared his opinion of her.  That is what it looked like, to me.  He deflated shortly there after.  

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I doubt he knew any of this [about Michaela's mom].

He should have. She mentioned it all during the family visit when Jeff asked her about her mom. Even if Brad couldn't remember her mom's name, he should have remembered some of what Michaela said. He didn't even have to have a conversation with her to get that information. Anyone standing there during the family visit should have known and been able to mention something from that if they'd put in any effort. It was obvious how much Michaela loved and respected her mother.

He seemed cock sure that everyone else shared his opinion of her.  That is what it looked like, to me. 

Yeah. I think he thought most people did, and that was his problem.

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Subrookie said:

I need a couple seasons without returning players. 

This x 1000. However, that being said, I don't think the next season with professionals and those who go off the reservation sounds very good. Sounds a bit too much like the generational one a few seasons ago...just meh. And I want to see the old Survivor as well - where they had to eat Fear Factor worthy bugs, etc. Maybe 2 idols all season - one on each beach and one food themed reward challenge - either one where they have to buy their food or a banquet with the family visit. And the rest - make it not so cushy.

6 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

This x 1000. However, that being said, I don't think the next season with professionals and those who go off the reservation sounds very good.

I missed this.  They already have the theme for 36? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel like an idiot.  Everyone who hated Culpepper all along was right.  Man I'm so done with him FOREEEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I eat crow @fishcakes.  He is the worst.

Michaela when Debbie brought up Lady Macbeth.  (What the fuck was WITH Debbie, anyways?  God.  Sarah is Lady Macbeth?)

DAox08dWsAAyqQx.jpg

Tai when Culpepper was doing his fucking bullshit.  

DAon9TIXkAEpDyH.jpg

Michaela just, anytime.  <3   My Skeptical Queen who did not take good gameplay personally.

DAotXyAXcAA_Lmo.jpg

That picture of Michaela reminds me of the famous meme of Whatevia from the Survivor Sucks forum. I spent 3 hours reading that whole forum once and looking at all the memes they created around her. Classic. Love Michaela too. 

• Love 2

Of course this is going to be a repeat of brains v brawn v beauty, and will not matter a bit after the first tribal shake up.  

Jeff and TPTB will HYPE the H/H/H theme for weeks ahead of the September first episode, and the first two weeks, we will hear NOTHING but H/H/H!!! but then after only a few episodes, "Drop your buffs!" and all the silly promotion will be finished.

++

I rather enjoyed the insane TC when all of the idols came flooding out--it was so unexpected and surreal.

I do not feel sorry for Cirie.  She sat in a very powerful position when Sierra left but she started thinking too far ahead by booting Andrea and Michaela while Brad, Troyzan and Tai were still there.  Even if Troyzan and Tai had played idols resulting in Andrea and/or Michaela leaving, those idols would have been flushed and out of play. 

Cirie, in a confessional, said the biggest danger was looking too far down the road.  That's what she did, IMO.  Not once did Cirie or any of her supposed allies ever form a plan to flush out possible idols and that oversight allowed the HIIs to accumulate until they ALL jumped out to kill her game.  I think the flaw was not too many idols, but poor game play that left them in play far too long.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I thought he said something like she's from Texas, went to school in Texas, and is involved in sales.  She did go to school in Texas.  What part did he get wrong?

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I dislike Brad and love Michaela, but Brad did get the school right.  It was sort of a no win question for Brad, unless he could come up with a list of stories from Michaela's childhood or her hopes, dreams and aspirations.  

someone said above that she went to UPenn. - so if that is wrong - then I'm wrong, sorry :) 
but I do think Brad could have turned it around like Backwing said. turn it around and show how he was social. (though not with everyone) though I got the feeling had Brad had played his cards better, Michaela would have voted for the best player. Maybe that's still Sarah - but I don't think she would have been a bitter betty voter. 

1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

I agree with this.  My answer would've been "I learned that you're an asshole who wanted to me go fishing so you had something to eat after I got voted off".  I learned that you overreact and through juvenile hissy-fits whenever you don't get your way, and by 'your way', I mean the whole world doesn't get out of the way to let you win.  Anything else you want to know?"

Actually, Michaela explained this in her bootout interviews. Brad was safe (had he not won immunity). but because it looked like brad was looking for an immunity, "Go Fish" wasn't "go fish and get me food to eat after i get voted out." "Go Fish" literally meant, go fishing and don't look like you are looking for an idol. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

I need that money too!!!!

In that scene, Sarah says, emotionally, "I can't have any more kids, I can't afford to."  Either she's referring to fertility issues/IVF costs or just not having the money to support a larger family.  But either way, it made me sad.

It also made me happy she didn't use it as a sob story.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I live in a hot climate, too.  You just don't wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt anywhere, no matter what!   

Just got out of a meeting and there was a guy in short sleeves and a tie. And I live not too far from Tampa. 

As far as Michaela and her attitude toward Brad, it's typical of her. I never saw her wanting to have anything to do with Brad other than ordering him to fish but somehow he was supposed to learn more about her than her job and her school. I have good friends that I've known years that I don't know where they went to college. I think he told me once but I can't remember for certain. I don't think that means we're not good friends and I'm not social with them. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Just got out of a meeting and there was a guy in short sleeves and a tie. And I live not too far from Tampa. 

Here in NY, the men in business dress wear suits and long-sleeved shirts even in summer.  Even down in the ridiculously hot subway.

I know NY is not Tampa, but it is an urban heat island!