Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E08: Good Job, Donkey!

• Start Topic

With Michael insisting on continuing NNE, I expected them to end up in Bulgaria 

Becca and Floyd handled getting lost just a bit more gracefully.

Brooke finally found a task she could handle.  For some reason she really hit it off with the braying ass.

Tara and Joey are dead to me for Uturning Team Fun.  Boo! Hiss!  I guess Michael and Liz would have U-Turned them anyway, but still.

Team fun handled getting U-turned just a bit more gracefully than Michael 

There is no such thing as "most unique", Phil.  It is either unique or not unique.

Is Michael having a heart attack on those bastard stairs? Please, yes.  Darn!

Mr. 140 IQ doesn't know how to read a clue and has to climb those bastard stairs again!  Will Liz have to carry him and the goat to the wedding?

Please let the speed bump be cardio intensive!

I want one of those rifles to go in between the Mosin and the Garand. 

Scott, "Second is fine." Way to manage those expectations.

No way Michael is doing the footrace and the climb to the pit stop  Phil is going to bring him oxygen and eliminate them.

Darn!  The butcher gets a meat speed bump. Fixed!

Floyd should have done the changing of the guard. I think his drum major experience would have translated.

Yeay Becca!  My fun meter just hit 11!

Bye Michael!

• Love 11

I'm happy that Team Fun made it, though I am courious if Michael really would have lashed out at Brooke.

All of the Detour donkeys were relatively compliant, but you'd expect no different from Speedy McSpeederson: Professional Donkey. Hee.

If I had to both run up and down stairs with a goat, and run around a race track, this leg would've worn me out.

It became night. How long were these people driving??

I missed the Speed Bump. What was it?

• Love 5

"Professional Donkey"  Snerk.

WHY WOULD YOU KEEP AIMLESSLY DRIVING AND NOT TURN AROUND?  Dumbest thing I've seen since those ladies drove with the ocean on their left when it should have been mountains.

Also, read the clue, stupid.  The lack of goat might have been your downfall.

• Love 20

What was up with Michael telling Liz to "find another right" when they missed a left turn? Like this is Manhattan and not a rural road?

Kind of evil to have a U-Turn on a leg with a Speed Bump, but that's the race this year, I guess. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

• Love 4

Y'know, if Mike hadn't been so freaking stubborn about turning the damn car around when they first realized they missed the turn, they'd still be in it.  Liz was the only one to get the changing of the guard right the first time, wasn't she?  

Amazingly, Brooke was tolerable this ep!  

• Love 22

"We're having fun. That's what's setting us apart." Shut up, Redmond. You aint #TeamFun here. Don't pretend you're something special.

I did smile at London holding open the taxi door for Logan. London's really great. 

Michael's an ass. Liz was right when they noticed the teams were not behind them anymore. Clearly, since they know they have awful navigation skills, they should have backtracked as soon as they saw no teams behind them anymore. I knew his BS about feeling embarrassed by his attitude a few legs ago was just that-BS. Man, he turned on Liz once again. Apparently, nothing is his fault. What did he expect? That he'd continue driving up the mountain and miraculously make it to the town before any other teams? He was wasting both of their times! And then Liz had the audacity to blame herself for not speaking up sooner! No, girl, you spoke up as soon as you figured out that you were going the wrong way. It was Michael who chose to get you both lost even more and waste an extra half hour/hour/however long it took to correct the path. Somehow they did get there before Becca/Floyd, which was surprising.

Michael also needs to shut up about "helping" other teams. It's a race. Also, you're not nice. You're one of those Nice Guys, who expect to be rewarded for good behaviour and then is pissed when it's not. I did laugh at Liz taking off up the stairs for the Groom task while Michael was bemoaning about his lungs. I'm sure it was not the easiest task, especially for a bigger guy of his side (muscular, mostly). But all he does is complain and blame someone for his problems. He's like Brooke, but on a different level of complaining. Also, that goat was cute. 

Oh, I'd so do the Groom detour. I love running and can get up steps pretty quickly. Once again, though, the tasks were fairly simple.

LOL, did Tara/Joey have to rerun the track just to get that Phil shot?

"Not a runner." Yeah, Brooke, we know.  And we are obligated to hear her whining at least once an episode. 

I'm so thrilled for Tara/Joey getting first. 

If Michael had maybe listened to Liz earlier, they could have beaten Becca/Floyd. But good riddance to Michael. I'm glad to not see him anymore.

• Love 21

Liz & Mike didn't murder each other at the Pit Stop. Looks like a lot of money will be changing hands tonight.

Okay episode, though I had a sinking feeling Team Fun would be undone. I mean, The Boys and the Mama & the Papa are okay, but you can't love or hate them that much. London & Logan are merely there, and the editing suggests they won't win. And Scott deserves a separate check for putting up with Brooke. Even with Becca toeing the edge, she and Floyd are the ones to root for, at least for me.

Can't go wrong with donkeys. Bonus: over-the-shoulder goats! Let's try not to realize why those kids are at the wedding.

Nice use of the Olympic stadium. Too bad teams only had to do a lap.

I know every culture is different, but I cannot take shoes with Pom-poms seriously. Sorry, Greece.

ETA: "Go, Brooke! (aside) She needs encouragement." Understatement of the season, Scott.

• Love 7

Mike is an idiot. First for refusing to turn around for god knows how many miles and then for not reading the clue and having to retrieve a goat. That's what did them in, not getting U-Turned or having to do a Speed Bump.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

I missed the Speed Bump. What was it?

It was the butchering task (wind a skewerful of organ meat in intestines).

4 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Kind of evil to have a U-Turn on a leg with a Speed Bump...

A Speed Bump acts as a time penalty for the team that earns it, no matter whether there's a U-Turn on the leg or not. The same team wouldn't necessarily be given both, though in this case they were.

4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Y'know, if Mike hadn't been so freaking stubborn about turning the damn car around when they first realized they missed the turn, they'd still be in it.

True. Even going as far out of their way as they did, they got back on track and arrived at the wedding before Becca and Floyd did. Team Fun must have really wasted a lot of time en route. I'm glad they made it through, though. I continue to be a devoted fan of Becca & Floyd.

• Love 7
(edited)

Tar and Joey did the lap wearing their packs.  And weren't the least bit winded.  That is badass.

I had no problem with either of the teams being U-Turned.  It's a race, not a contest for the most congenial participants.  Yep, if Michael hadn't kept insisting on not turning around, and misread the clue, I think they would have beaten Team Fun.

Greece is beautiful.

The first drive was 100 miles, I believe...so that was a time-killer right there.  

Donkeys were pretty calm and collected...for the most part.  The look on the one donkey's face when she said "I stepped in his poo."  Priceless.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 10

Off to Greece. Lengthy bunching period,

Self-driving always fun.  M&L off to oblivion......what a dumbass refusing to turn around.

Scott rolling the eyes.  I give the camera men credit for keeping it together.

T&J first to arrive.  I can handle them winning.

I think Team Fun has the edge here, but you never know.  They are a threat, but Scott is playing not to lose.  Should have nailed Matt&Red.  T&J two "old farts"  LOL

Brooke steps in poop.  Good luck?  Now London has it too.

Stubborn Michael finally turns around.  

If you're running in a circle, why bring the back-packs?  The others figure it out.

I had forgotten about her pledge at the ladle making.  We got some good blood boiling here.

Goats are so cute!  

Whoa!  You each need a goat!  Team Fun may just survive.  (crossing fingers)

Tara kicks butt.  Nice to see them take first place.

"She needs encouragement" lol I smell a Brooke meltdown coming.....but she nails it.  Wow

Now that's what I call a speed bump!  Whew!

Adios Michael.  You will not be missed.  It's too bad for Liz.

• Love 4

This was a beautiful ep scenery wise and I loved the wedding and the stadium moments.  Glad to see Michael finally exit Stage Left.  Liz should be rewarded for putting up with him all this time.  I'm not a huge fan of Team Fun as I remember her rage earlier in the race.  I like Floyd but Becca is just a little too much for me. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

There's no way to know for sure. If you notice they didn't list what attempt number it was onscreen the way they did for all the other teams. I suspect it was at least her 2nd attempt and they wanted to keep the suspense going as to what team would finish 1st. If we knew for sure that it wasn't a 1st attempt all suspense would be lost.

Y'know, if Mike hadn't been so freaking stubborn about turning the damn car around when they first realized they missed the turn, they'd still be in it.  Liz was the only one to get the changing of the guard right the first time, wasn't she?  

Amazingly, Brooke was tolerable this ep!  

Okay, I think I like Becca again. She really really turned me off during passport-gate. I figured she was only "Team Fun" when things were going well but tonight when the chips were down and they thought they were in dead last she didn't take it out on her partner the way Michael did. Floyd clearly screwed up the navigation to the bridge but they both kept their cool(no surprise from Floyd) and maintained a positive attitude, and this was all before they knew Mike and Liz were at the back of the back with them. I'm willing to say that passport-gate was Becca at a bad moment, and based on their youtube page these two clearly seem to have made a legitimate friendship so she can't be all bad. I'm glad they weren't eliminated and Mike is as stubborn as he is because had he listened to Liz they'd still be in the race and Team Fun would be screwed.

• Love 15

Great episode...

Redmond & Matt- No Red- you two having fun does not set you apart- there are a few other teams enjoying the hell out of the race too y'know- take off dem blinders.  Matt got the roadblock in one try (from what I remember).  At least they didn't quibble about losing out for 1st.

Tara & Joey- still pretty awesome though I'm not sure why they U-Turned TeamFun- I didn't like the reason they gave "We're friends with Liz & Mike so we want to keep them around" O rly. Hmm.

Floyd & Becca- Speedy Mcspeederson professional donkey.. ha!  THAT should have been the episode title damn!  Good racing other than getting lost a little. Aside from a little frustration they worked through it quick and kept positive.  Same with being U-Turned AND they took it to mean that the other team though they were a strong team.

London & Logan-  Pretty much 'there'... middle of the pack though I have to say Logan pushing the car in reverse was a bit awesome lol.

Scott & Brooke- Who knew Brooke had another volume level other than screech & whine?? Quite a bit more calmer though she still managed to get some complaining in there.  Good work on the guard march with hardly any crying.

Liz & Michael-  What can I say... bye.  Read the #&$* clue!  Stop and THINK when you notice no other teams behind you all of a sudden!

Have to say- it was interesting to watch how both TeamFun and Mike/Liz handled everything.  It was like night and day.  M/L were so... negative- Mike especially - ranting on and on about Brooke & Scott- still on about but I HELPED YOU BEFORE! (like last week) while F/B were positive and managed to boost each other up when they could- might have a moment or two of frustrated talk but in the next breath- "don't worry- we'll just keep going- it ain't over yet". 

That speed bump looked..icky but surprise- perfect for Mike. I was so sure too that Mike would keel over- walking for the bride side, climbing up (how many?!!) stairs then back down then back up again after re-reading the clue, a break with speed bump, run a lap around the stadium, then climb to the pitstop...Phew.

Still loving TeamFun.  Team Mom&Dad I like but they kind of dropped a little with their reasoning for the U-Turn.  Still not quite a fan of Red & Matt or Brooke- Scott's ok.  LoLo  well maybe they'll surprise us all but they're okay- like how they're calm generally.

Speedy McSpeederson should win!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Should have nailed Matt&Red.

Probably but if I remember M&R were right there behind them when S&B were at the U-Turn.  I think- seemed like Joey and Matt were wearing similar color shirts so with all the running around and crowding around hard to tell.

• Love 2

In one of the videos, a leg back...Tara talked about having a very long talk with Liz on one of the flights.  Really admired her.  Then Tara ran out of the mask painting challenge -- and forgot to help Liz. (Not that I agree with that.)  I think she felt guilty -- and uturning Team Fun was her way of "atoning."

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: "Go, Brooke! (aside) She needs encouragement." Understatement of the season, Scott.

YES! I completely busted out laughing when Scott made that comment. Thanks for giving me a good laugh for a second time tonight! 

• Love 10

Good riddance to Michael and Liz.  Michael is just a miserable human being.  They probably lost because he was so stubborn about not turning around.  Perhaps Liz told him to go left but she corrected herself and he still refused to turn around.   So happy that Scott and Brooke U Turned them.  Michael predictably went ballistic.  I know no one is ever happy to get U Turned but his reaction was much angrier than most.  Liz was fairly nasty as well.

Except for frustration at the Acropolis, I was surprised to find that Brooke was mostly pleasant.  I laughed at the cheese task when she exclaimed "oh I just stepped in poop, that must be good luck!"   She seemed so happy and carefree.  A lot of people here have been comparing her to Flo, and I remember one happy moment for Flo when she was selling snails (or clams or something) and whooped and did a little shimmy when she made a sale.  This was Brooke's shimmy.   Brooke was also in good spirits at the soldier step task even when she messed up.   

Logan and London finally seemed to have some drive tonight.  It helped that two teams got so lost getting to the wedding, but still, decent job.  I think Phil must be hanging out with Jeff Probst too much... he had clearly been gushing about Logan's muscles to the "available" Greek greeter.  I bet Jeffy would love to have Logan on Survivor, Logan is exactly the kind of young male hardbody that Jeff salivates over.

Although they seemed to keep a mostly positive attitude, I do think some of the fun was let out of Team Fun.  That part where they were driving to the stadium, Becca was frustrated and freaking out and decidedly not fun.  Also, what was up with calling the second cheese lady "you sneaky cheese lady"   It's not like she chose her spot to sit.

I'm curious as to why Tara and Joey U-Turned Team Fun instead of London and Logan.  London and Logan seem to bleed time more than Becca and Floyd.  I don't think they would have had any idea how lost Becca and Floyd had gotten finding the bridge and wouldn't have known they were much farther behind.

Ive never been to Greece, and now I want to go.  The Acropolis looked even more amazing from the overhead shots than the standard pictures I've seen.

I wonder how much guidance or instruction the teams got on the cheese task.  After delivering one jug of milk, all of the teams knew to move the remaining jug onto the saddle.  And everyone just left their donkey at the second station without even asking.   I wish they would post pictures of the clues on the CBS website.

• Love 1

I buy Tara & Joey's logic for U-turning Team Fun: it definitely made it more competitive for Liz & Michael, who would have been out if LoLo had burned the Uturn or if Fun got there first. I could see how it appeared like the only option to give Liz & Michael a fighting chance. That being said, I am so glad that Michael and his bad attitude are out. (Also, I cry foul that he got to skip the steep steps on goat trip #2.)

And the emphasis on Tara & Joey being the oldest team left is a little grating. I know 30s/40s are like the lost demographic for racers, but come on. I will take a fit 38 year old with 20 years' military experience over a 20-something realtor who does not run. 

• Love 15
(edited)
34 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Although they seemed to keep a mostly positive attitude, I do think some of the fun was let out of Team Fun.  That part where they were driving to the stadium, Becca was frustrated and freaking out and decidedly not fun.  Also, what was up with calling the second cheese lady "you sneaky cheese lady"   It's not like she chose her spot to sit.

Well it's normal to worry and freak out a little.  Of course no one is 'fun' ALL the time.  But what I saw was that they both then reassured each other that they'll be fine.  I don't see anything wrong with worrying and "Are you sure?".   I'm normally laid back and go with the flow but yeah I'd  be freaking out and frustrated if I'm not sure where the heck we're going.  At least she didn't go full hulk and take it out on Floyd.  The "Passport-gate" has already been explained so- no comparison to me.

As for the "you sneaky cheese lady" comment- I took that as a light-hearted teasing/silliness more than anything else

Edit- I thought Michael did have to climb back up again- and they just didn't bother to show it because he moved so  damned slow the first time.  He was probably even slower the 2nd time.

Edited by Ducky
Add another thought.
  • Love 16

Mike and Liz need to drive off a cliff and die in a fire. Thank God they're gone.

"That's real classy"?  Ir's a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace, you moron.

You see the differences in reactions between Mike and Liz and Team Fun?

Oh, good, Brooke is back to form next week.  Sigh.

• Love 2

I think that Tara and Joey recognized that Team fun was a strong team, apparently not with driving how ever. I still can't figure how they got so lost and others had no problem. Enjoying the scenery too much? 

• Love 2

Ducky, when Liz & Michael left with one goat, they took a different path to the wedding -- one with more road and fewer stairs that appeared significantly less steep. It was the same path they went up to get goat #2 (and why they didn't run into Team Fun, who were on the steps by that point).

• Love 2

And the Emmy for best onscreen graphics goes to Speedy McSpeederson: Professional Donkey!

With the long footage of Michael driving up the rural dirt mountain road and refusing to turn around, I was beginning to think that Phil was going to have to rent a helicopter to get out in time to eliminate them. So color me surprised when they got to the Detour first. WTH? I know Team Fun was taking the not-so-scenic route there, but that was ridiculous. However, I was afraid the race was going to kill Michael with all the running and steps, especially when he had to do it twice essentially.

While I have no love for Team Fun mainly cause Becca irritates me, I'm glad it was Michael and Liz eliminated instead. They finally got put out of their and our misery. Has their ever been a team so bad at self-navigation? Also, while everything they said about Scoot and Brooke was true, I was so tired of hearing both of them whine and bitch about it.

Speaking of her, when did the aliens abduct Brooke and replace her with this likeable lookalike? When she stepped in poop, instead of breaking down that she couldn't go on, she even joked that it would be good luck. Who is this person?!?!? Heck, even the slight complaint during the stadium lap was relatively benign.

Also, go Tara and Joey. While U-Turning Team Fun might not be very sporting, it's perfectly acceptable game play. I'd rather see them use the a Double U-Turn the way they did, than when all the teams colluded to eliminate Ashton and Vanck by intentionally wasting the second U-Turn. However, they did lose a bit of my respect because they wanted to help a team I didn't like.

• Love 1

OMG these group of racers are the worst. How can Tara say that U-Turning Mike & Liz is wrong? So that other teams have a fighting chance at not being eliminated? Then TeamBoys say U-Turn Team Fun and the other team does it which I don't have a problem with but don't do it because another team says so. Do it because it's strategic and it's best for you and you possibly winning the whole thing. I would have U-Turned TeamBoys right then and there, I just think they're gonna regret not doing it unless there's a task the boys are not good at.

Mike is the biggest ass I've ever seen on the race. Nobody is obligated to HELP YOU!!! NO TEAM OWES YOU A DAMN THING!!! You help a team, it's at  your own risk. It's best NOT to help another team. Liz joins in and she needs to STFU!! Mike couldn't even fathom the thought of turning around until last minute when it really could have helped them get to the Detour faster. Dummy. Liz isn't blameless because she should have read the map better. Mike still harped on the helping issue. Ugh. THANK GOODNESS THEY'RE GONE!!!!

Brooke isn't a runner of course she isn't. She's pretty much useless at everything. I don't understand why Scott didn't do the roadblock. Isn't there a limit on who can do how many roadblocks? Or is that not a rule anymore? Scott still carrying her damn bags, WTF??

Lolo is back to just being nonchalant and who knows it may work in their favor. They remind me of S2's Danny & Oswald.

Redmond your remark at the beginning of having fun is laughable. You're having fun when you're in front of the pack but a big pickle puss when things don't go your way. He's still a dick.

I would have used Becca's quote as the title of this episode when she said sneaky cheese lady. She's kind of showing her colors when she's frustrated of not being fun and optimistic. Floyd keeps his optimism going on so it shows me that he's really like that but red flags on Becca and how truly optimistic and fun she actually is.

I love when teams have to navigate on their own over taking cabs and boats because it shows who can read a map and whatnot. Navigation took down one of my favorite teams of all time on TAR the Cowboys. Navigation was always their downfall. Tara & Joey are very good at navigating.

• Love 3

I buy Tara & Joey's logic for U-turning Team Fun: it definitely made it more competitive for Liz & Michael, who would have been out if LoLo had burned the Uturn or if Fun got there first. I could see how it appeared like the only option to give Liz & Michael a fighting chance.

Team Fun is also a more consistently competitive team than Liz/Mike, who are either great or lousy with no in-between.  I could see Tara & Joey feeling that Team Fun was the bigger overall threat and wanting them out instead.

U-Turning the boys wouldn't have really accomplished anything.  I mean, they were right there amidst the three groups that initially arrived at the detour spot --- even if you hold them up with the U-Turn, there's still a great chance they finish ahead at least one of the three laggard teams, especially Liz/Mike who have the extra task.  Assuming there isn't yet another U-turn still to come, I think the opportunity to trip up the guys has come and gone, the other four teams will just have to beat them.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I know every culture is different, but I cannot take shoes with Pom-poms seriously. Sorry, Greece.

That's got to be some kind of psychological weapon, right? Between the Pom-poms and the tutus, who could muster enough seriousness to attack these guys?

• Love 4

Man oh man, Greece is scenic: the pitstop greeter, the guy at the racetrack, [some of] the military dudes. 

I'm surprised the marching instructor didn't confuse more people with his insistence on "mirroring" when they weren't [the rifles would have been on their other shoulder if they were looking in a mirror].

• Love 9
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, what was up with calling the second cheese lady "you sneaky cheese lady"   It's not like she chose her spot to sit.

That's the kind of self-mockery my friends and I do all the time: saluting a hard-to-find street/door/parking-place by saying "oh you clever thing, how evasive you've been" when the real intended message is "I'm an idiot."

5 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

I don't understand why Scott didn't do the roadblock. Isn't there a limit on who can do how many roadblocks?

The second sentence answers the first. Because two partners need to end up doing about the same number of roadblocks, and there are so very many things that Brooke proclaims she can't do, it's smart to have her do any of them that look at all possible for her. Why should Scott have tried this one? It didn't look physically challenging, and in fact Brooke did fine at it.

• Love 13
(edited)

Come on, you can't fault Michael for being pissed at Brook and Scott. That wasn't just a strategic race move, it was an honest to god betrayal. Which I am totally fine with (I approve, even), but you can't fault Mike and Liz for not taking it in stride. I was also totally on board with u-turning Team Fun. Whether it was to possibly save a team they liked better or to possibly eliminate a stronger team (likely secret true reason), it was totally the right call.

Tasks were simple this week (although those steps looked killer) but the scenery was gorgeous. I'm glad Mike and Liz were eliminated, although that team self-nagivating themselves outside the realm of civilization has honestly been one of the biggest pleasures of this season. Much higher entertainment value than Team Fun failing to find their way onto a huge-ass monumental bridge for an hour.

Edited by CrashTextDummie
  • Love 5

Team fun were really far away from the bridge and they couldn't turn around. I was getting worried for them but as it went on I could tell they were going to be okay. Second to last but okay. Hopefully, it will be a minor setback. I like Joey & Tara. They have little drama but they are boring like Team LoLo. The boys are a strong team and nothing bothers. I still hate Brooke.

• Love 1

I'm so happy we are done with u-turn drama for the rest of the season. That's 3 u-turns this season, and all 3 have eliminated a team (I know Liz and Mike had tons of other problems, but they still likely survive if they weren't u-turned). I'm very sick of this gameplay device.

Detour was a bit on the simple side, but I always love seeing animals in tasks. I liked the roadblock, and the locales were pretty spectacular. Favorite line was Scott, something like 'This could be a race for first!.....a footrace.....second place is fine.' 

I was surprised when London and Logan arrived that they said 4th place was their best yet. I didn't realize how mediocre they have been doing, but that proves the old adage, just need to beat one team every week. I like their positive energy, even if they're a bit invisible.

I like that Becca and Floyd seem to have a genuine respect for each other and have run a great race, with exception of that brief panic moment losing the passport.

I did enjoy this episode, and it was nice that the u-turn didn't seem as crippling as it was to Vanck and Ashton a few legs ago. But I'm still ready to see it retired.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I think that Tara and Joey recognized that Team fun was a strong team, apparently not with driving how ever. I still can't figure how they got so lost and others had no problem. Enjoying the scenery too much? 

I agree with this assessment and honestly this is part of the race.  I miss all the strategy from the early years.  Now it's much more we don't like a team, lets all gang up.  I mean I know that happened in the past too and I disliked it then.  It's a race, so race.  I hated the we all work together with the backpack/sixpack team too.  And everyone ganging up to get the doublemint twins out (and the lovely karma from that)  It was a good move to uturn Team Fun in my opinion.  They are a good strong team.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I think this is the first ep of TAR in which I have seen cameramen.

Seriously Michael - u-turning is better than just going on, and on, and on, when you are lost. Knobhead.

Yes. Not sure if this is the same scene, but there was a team that got out of the car and when they got back in, I could see the sound guy in the passenger seat.

• Love 1

What a beautiful episode.  The locations were stunning and the tasks were fun to watch (more so than watching paint dry last week) but once everyone found the wedding there was little chance for shuffling, unless you didn't read the clue, Mike.  (When Brooke couldn't get her donkey to move was everyone waiting for her to say, "My ass is broken!"  What a wasted opportunity.)

Omigosh, I am so glad Michael is gone.  I agree that their downfall was a direct result of him being so stubborn about turning around when they missed the exit.  Had he listened to Liz they would have been well ahead of Team Fun.  Ugh, he was insufferable in the car.  Does anyone believe they will keep in touch after the race?  <crickets>  I'm glad Becca and Floyd are still in the race.   

The boys naming their donkey Seabiscuit made me love them a little.

Rooting for Tara and Joey.  They run their own race, little drama, they get the job done.

I hope that's the end of the U Turns.  I don't object to teams using them for race strategy, but listening to the U Turned teams grouse about how unfair it is gets tedious.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

What a beautiful episode.  The locations were stunning and the tasks were fun to watch (more so than watching paint dry last week) but once everyone found the wedding there was little chance for shuffling, unless you didn't read the clue, Mike.  (When Brooke couldn't get her donkey to move was everyone waiting for her to say, "My ass is broken!"  What a wasted opportunity.)

Omigosh, I am so glad Michael is gone.  I agree that their downfall was a direct result of him being so stubborn about turning around when they missed the exit.  Had he listened to Liz they would have been well ahead of Team Fun.  Ugh, he was insufferable in the car.  Does anyone believe they will keep in touch after the race?  <crickets>  I'm glad Becca and Floyd are still in the race.   

The boys naming their donkey Seabiscuit made me love them a little.

Rooting for Tara and Joey.  They run their own race, little drama, they get the job done.

I hope that's the end of the U Turns.  I don't object to teams using them for race strategy, but listening to the U Turned teams grouse about how unfair it is gets tedious.

No I don't believe they will keep in touch.  That was almost painful to watch.  Liz stumbling to find the PC words to say there when I'm sure she was thinking something much different. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I agree that their downfall was a direct result of him being so stubborn about turning around when they missed the exit.  

The fact that he just assumed they would eventually be able turn right and meet up with the other road was ridiculous. Also, when Liz told him that no roads met up he told her she was reading the map wrong but refused to pull over.

Liz also lost major points when whining about helping Brooke in the mask challenge when she didn't and ended up asking for help when she had to do it over.

• Love 3

Tara lost major points with me when she complained that Scott and Brooke used the U Turn on Liz and Michael.  Something like "I can't believe they U Turned Liz and Michael.  That's awful!"    What's so awful about it?  I thought it was good strategy from Scott.  He knows that they occasionally have issues with tasks (Brooke) so he wanted to give themselves a buffer by U Turning the team that had a speed bump task.  The whole point is to try and survive to the next leg, so this did it for him.

I also noted that Tara said "yay for the old people" when they finished.   Tara is only 38.  While she is older than others, really, with some of them, she's only a few years older.  Brooke is 36 and Scott looks early to mid 30s.   I guess Joey is older (46), but still, in any normal race, these two would often be right in the middle of the pack in terms of age.  I guess in a team of strangers nobody would want to pick someone in their 50s or 60s so that's why the oldest player is only mid 40s.   

Something about Tara and Joey leaves me cold.  Yes they are competent but they just seem a bit robotically efficient.  They are uninteresting to watch.  I feel the same way about Matt and Redmond.   I guess I'm rooting for London and Logan, and Scott.  Scott was funny this leg.  "Oh we could be in first.  Oh wait, it'll be a footrace to the mat.  We'll settle for second."

• Love 9