Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E08: Good Job, Donkey!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

off, did Brooke agree to not U-Turn Michael/Liz when he helped her? It's been a few legs since, so I may not be remembering

Yes, they showed a brief clip this episode of it when they Mike was bitching about helping her. Though because he is Mike he took all the credit even though I think nearly every single person who did that roadblock helped her.

• Love 1
(edited)

TAR is a competition,  a race, with a large purse for the winner.  It is not an opportunity for teams to demonstrate their steadfast honour and dependability.  

Michael helped Brooke and in return she agreed not to U-Turn him.  But we've had two U/W-Turns since then, and she kept my her promise to him twice.  I think the debt had been paid.  And it was foolish of him to think that her indebtedness would last forever.  Or even that he had any real reason to expect her to play honourably at all.  

The Cho Brothers might have been good people, but they were not good racers, nor even entertaining racers.  And as has wisely been said before, it is not realistic to expect everyday morality from gameshow competitors.  

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I'm glad it was Michael and Liz rather than Becca and Floyd, but only for Floyd's sake. Becca is awful. "ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE?" She's lucky she got paired with someone so even-keeled. And since she was one of the people talking about how Vanck and Ashton were U-turned because they didn't fit in with the group or however it was that she put it, I had some schadenfreude this week when she said she "knew" she and Floyd weren't going to be U-turned and then at her disbelief when she found out they were. They were U-turned for race reasons, but at the same time, her personality is not nearly as winning as she thinks it is.

Yeah she bugs me and there's something a bit off about her, and I've never been a fan of this team like most people.  Though I think Floyd is okay.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Something that is 1 out of a million is more unique than something that is 1 out of 10.

"Unique" means one of a kind, so it's an absolute, not a comparative. I get your thinking that "unique among US states in having such-and-such a law" does not sound, and is not,  as proportionately rare as "unique among all the stars in the galaxy with such-and-such a characteristic." But unique means only one, with no comparison, so grammatically it has always been incorrect to use unique as a comparative. More and most unique are no-nos from a strict grammatical POV.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, fib said:

London happily opting to push the car when they couldnt reverse.  My girl crush is growing. 

Omigosh, can you imagine Scott asking Brooke to push the car?  "I caaaaan't do it!  It's toooooo haaaaard!"

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh, can you imagine Scott asking Brooke to push the car?  "I caaaaan't do it!  It's toooooo haaaaard!"

And, off course, if it involves walking or running Brooke can't do it. Let alone pushing a car. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2
On 5/13/2017 at 1:00 PM, gibasi said:

I am okay with U turns for the most part when you are playing a competitive game.  What I am not okay with is that Michael said to Brooke if I help you with the ladle you will not U turn me and she agreed.  So I don't think Scott and Brooke should have U turned them.  Granted I did not mind Michael and Liz and I agree I got a brother/sister vibe off of them.  They didn't seem to stay mad at each other for very long except for their first disagreement early on in the race.

And Becca punched Floyd when she found out they were U turned.  I missed it the first time so my roommate rewound it and yep she hit him.  I don't like Becca at all.  I feel like everything she does is for show-she wants everyone to look at her and notice her having fun.  

Logan and London are such bad racers.  

This.  I see alot of love for Team Fun on this forum and Floyd is great but I do not like Becca.  I feel like she planned the whole "Team Fun" thing so she would be memorable on the race and I just don't enjoy her.  As always, mileage may vary and those that do like her, I respect your opinion.  

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Brynnjk said:

I feel like she planned the whole "Team Fun" thing so she would be memorable on the race and I just don't enjoy her.

I do get the impression Team Fun is all "artificial strawberry flavour".  But I don't find them offensive.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 10
Just now, Netfoot said:

I do get the impression Team Fun is all "artificial strawberry flavour".  But I don't find them offensive.

Yea I don't mind.  It's okay to have a strategy to try to win.  And it's working, Phil talks about it at the mat and clearly they are well liked here.  She's just not my fave although I like Floyd who comes off far more genuine.. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Upon seeing that HOT Greek god they had as greeter, my first and only thought was "Καλιμέρα σας, Κύριε!" ("Well, hello there, Sir!") Because I'm shallow like that.  ;-)

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Browncoat said:

Y'know, if Mike hadn't been so freaking stubborn about turning the damn car around when they first realized they missed the turn, they'd still be in it.  Liz was the only one to get the changing of the guard right the first time, wasn't she?

Matt got it right the first time, too.  I believe London also did.

So this was a pretty bittersweet leg for me.  A team I love won the leg, and a team toward whom I didn't feel as negative as others lost the leg.  But I liked the Detours, and the Roadblock seemed challenging, so there's that.  And I can always appreciate a good self-driving leg.  And it's great to be back in Greece for the first time since the teams visited back in TAR9.

So the teams:

Tara & Joey: Yes!  Back on top!  They dropped the hammer and just killed this leg!  They navigated perfectly, they knocked out the For the Bride Detour, and they navigated correctly to the stadium.  Tara had one failure at the Roadblock, but finished it quickly enough to keep herself and Joey in the lead, all while he was very supportive to her the whole way.  Nice job, guys!

Matt & Redmond: Of course the boys were nice again on this leg.  Because they weren't near the back and everything was going well for them.  I didn't appreciate them thinking that they were the only ones enjoying the race when it's clear to me that the other teams are, too.  So for that alone, it did my heart perfectly when they got lost at the For the Bride Detour and Matt struggled with the practice portion of the Roadblock, which cost them a second win.

Brooke & Scott: I think being in the front and not getting too lost is why Brooke was so tolerable, almost likable, this week.  Only thing with which I found fault is U-Turning Liz & Michael.  They already had the Speed Bump, so why pile on that much?  I can see doing that to an alpha-male or alpha-couple team, but not one with two people as out of shape as they are.  They also had a slight problem with the For the Bride Detour, but Brooke seemed to do well and not panic at the Roadblock.  But then, they lost their way to the Pit Stop and ended up in third.  Still a solid finish, and I think it's their highest thus far.  But Liz & Michael were right about them -- they do seem to take from other teams more than they give.  It's amazing the other teams haven't called them out on it yet.

London & Logan: Kind of under-the-radar on this leg.  They stayed with the teams until they had car troubles, and then reached the Detour well behind the front three teams.  They seemed to have no real troubles with the For the Bride Detour, nor did London have any problems with the Roadblock.  A solid, middle-of-the-pack finish with their fourth-place finish, and as they said, their highest placement thus far.

Becca & Floyd: We saw a hint of this in their Fast Forward episode, but now we get a real look at one of their weaknesses: navigation.  Thanks to that bad navigation, they got seriously lost trying to find the Detour.  But once there, they did both the For the Bride and For the Groom ones in good time, something they needed to do to catch up to Liz & Michael.  By keeping their cool, they ran the rest of the leg flawlessly, passing up Liz & Michael when they hit their Speed Bump, and then staying in front long enough for Becca to rock out the Roadblock.  Fifth place and barely alive for another leg.

Liz & Michael: It had to happen eventually, and sadly for them, it had to happen on a self-navigation leg.  Michael should've listened to Liz about turning back around when they noticed that the other teams had disappeared.  Then, they could've gotten there in time to do both the For the Bride and For the Groom Detours in plenty of time before Becca & Floyd arrived.  Even worse, Michael lost them more time by not taking a goat at the For the Groom Detour.  Without those errors, the Speed Bump could've been meaningless (even though they did that one well), especially given how quickly Liz seemed to complete the Roadblock.  Nonetheless, when Michael is relaxed, he can come off quite charming.  I'll miss seeing that side of him, but not so much his jerk side.  And Liz was generally lovely, so I'll miss her, too.

So-so episode.

• Love 1

I am happy Becca and Floyd stayed in it.  

I wish there was some strange twist where Scott and Liz became partners and Mike and Brooke became partners then whined their way out of the race (after Scott and Liz u-turned them).

On 5/12/2017 at 5:19 AM, Brynnjk said:

No I don't believe they will keep in touch.  That was almost painful to watch.  Liz stumbling to find the PC words to say there when I'm sure she was thinking something much different. 

What did she say? Something like "It was a privilege to be defeated with Mike"?

• Love 2

Michael is an ultimate ass.  They didn't say exactly how long they were driving when they when left and Liz wanted to turn around, but his continued insistence to keep driving and find another road to cut across to the right was indeed puzzling.  They are driving up a mountain.  Did he not think that maybe there wasn't a way to cut across?  Just such stupid logic.

They showed the clip where Michael helped Liz make the ladle, and I guess we did hear the "no U-turns, ok?" part.  So ok, there was perhaps some sort of one-sided deal made there.  Brooke is of course under no obligation to honor it as this is indeed a race, but it would have been nice if Brooke did say something like "I feel bad because he helped me and we had made a deal, but ..."

I was in Athens seven years ago and they were restoring the Acropolis back then as well.  Looks like they are still in the process.  Anybody know if the Acropolis is always being restored?  Is it ever going to be finished?  It was fun seeing it again on tv and brought back some great memories.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, needschocolate said:

I am happy Becca and Floyd stayed in it.  

I wish there was some strange twist where Scott and Liz became partners and Mike and Brooke became partners then whined their way out of the race (after Scott and Liz u-turnedI them).

What did she say? Something like "It was a privilege to be defeated with Mike"?

I have only seen it once or twice, but they used to have a twist called an "intersection" where members of different teams had to complete a task together.  This season would have been a great time for this.  Besides Mike and Brooke obnoxious drama queens,  how about Redmond and Ashton for the mutual hatred? 

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2

I already deleted the episode or I'd rewatch the ladle thing, but I remember it as Michael saying something like, "just don't u-turn us," after he'd already helped Brooke, and in response she said, "it's a deal" or "I promise." I can see why he'd want to hold her to that, but that's not really a deal; that's just her saying what she has to say so he doesn't get mad. If she'd said she couldn't promise not to, he'd have been raging for the rest of the leg about how he helped her and she wouldn't even promise not to U-turn him later, and I could see him using that to justify U-turning her and Scott as soon as they got the chance. If he'd said it beforehand and made helping her a condition of the promise, then that would be a deal, but once he's already helped her, it's basically a gift he's now expecting payment for, and she's not obligated.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I already deleted the episode or I'd rewatch the ladle thing, but I remember it as Michael saying something like, "just don't u-turn us," after he'd already helped Brooke, and in response she said, "it's a deal" or "I promise." I can see why he'd want to hold her to that, but that's not really a deal; that's just her saying what she has to say so he doesn't get mad. If she'd said she couldn't promise not to, he'd have been raging for the rest of the leg about how he helped her and she wouldn't even promise not to U-turn him later, and I could see him using that to justify U-turning her and Scott as soon as they got the chance. If he'd said it beforehand and made helping her a condition of the promise, then that would be a deal, but once he's already helped her, it's basically a gift he's now expecting payment for, and she's not obligated.

Plus so many people helped her, and she was so fraught with frustration for that whole task, I wouldn't be surprised if she honestly didn't remember agreeing, or to whom she had said that!  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Netfoot said:

That's as good a way to summarize it as any.  I find the whole Team Fun thing to be somewhat forced, a gimmick to get air time.  Becca vaguely annoys me.  But there are more objectionable teams on the race.

I have no problem with Brook and Scott u-turning Mike and Liz.  Their bigger problem was Mike refusing to do a u-turn and instead driving them all over the place.  And then forgetting his goat.  Happy to see them gone, I think they're ultimately happy to be finished.

I think in an odd way that Scott is lucky to have Brook as a partner because she's been so whiny and miserable it makes him look good.  But he is having a harder and harder time hiding his contempt for her, if he was treating somebody less annoying than Brook this way he'd look like an ass.

Regarding Brooke and her "obligation" to not U Turn Michael.... pfffftttt.  Did he really think that she agreed to that for the entire rest of the race?  That's a ridiculous assumption.  There were two U Turns prior to this one and she didn't use it on him, so I think she already fulfilled her deal.  Also, if he truly thought that some kind of pinky swear deal was 100% binding, why not have extracted from her a promise that if Michael is ever in danger of finishing in last, that Brooke has to let him pass her and she gets eliminated instead?  This is The Amazing Race.  If you want to share information or help others in the hopes that they will do the same later on, well, OK.  But don't expect it.  What would Michael have done if he were on Survivor or Big Brother, where people break their word all the time?

On 5/13/2017 at 8:31 AM, fishcakes said:

I'm glad it was Michael and Liz rather than Becca and Floyd, but only for Floyd's sake. Becca is awful. "ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE? ARE. YOU. SURE?" She's lucky she got paired with someone so even-keeled. And since she was one of the people talking about how Vanck and Ashton were U-turned because they didn't fit in with the group or however it was that she put it, I had some schadenfreude this week when she said she "knew" she and Floyd weren't going to be U-turned and then at her disbelief when she found out they were. They were U-turned for race reasons, but at the same time, her personality is not nearly as winning as she thinks it is. 

I know donkeys are strong, but they always look so sad about carrying heavy things.

I have felt the exact same way about her from the beginning.  From the very beginning with her stupid "Fun Meter" and Phil asking her about it.  I haven't seen it lately, is she still wearing it and Phil just isn't asking her about it?  Or did she ditch it?  I find her extremely fake and I think her "Fun" personality was a gimmick, especially the "Fun Meter".  She seems to be a "fair weather fun" kind of person.  When everything is going well, of course it's easy to be smiley and happy and "fun".  But twice now we have seen her getting very aggravated (lost passports and lost in Greece) where her very angry/stressed personality and her true colours shine through.

For those who defend her by saying "it's very difficult to be fun all the time", I kind of agree.  I would have a hard time being "fun" all the time.  But I'm also not portraying myself as "fun" all the time, which is what she seems to be doing by creating this character of Fun Becca.  Also, Floyd does truly seem to be "fun" all the time.  He has such an optimistic and happy and level-headed personality.  Becca, not so much.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Jersey Guy 87 said:

But he is having a harder and harder time hiding his contempt for her, if he was treating somebody less annoying than Brook this way he'd look like an ass.

Agreed.  No matter how huge a PITA she is, she is his race partner.  All the condescending looks and facial grimaces behind her back (for the benefit of the camera) just rubs me the wrong way.  On top of the Kool Klub Kids attitude demonstrated earlier, I'm starting to dislike him almost as much as she.

• Love 1

Glad to see Mike and Liz get eliminated because I was sick of the bickering. I enjoy Team Fun because they seem to be genuinely having a great time running this race and have embraced this season's gimmick of pairing up strangers.
I like Becca because she's got this Jeff Spiccoli-type vibe going that's entertaining.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I have felt the exact same way about her from the beginning.  From the very beginning with her stupid "Fun Meter" and Phil asking her about it.  I haven't seen it lately, is she still wearing it and Phil just isn't asking her about it?  Or did she ditch it?  I find her extremely fake and I think her "Fun" personality was a gimmick, especially the "Fun Meter".  She seems to be a "fair weather fun" kind of person.  When everything is going well, of course it's easy to be smiley and happy and "fun".  But twice now we have seen her getting very aggravated (lost passports and lost in Greece) where her very angry/stressed personality and her true colours shine through.

For those who defend her by saying "it's very difficult to be fun all the time", I kind of agree.  I would have a hard time being "fun" all the time.  But I'm also not portraying myself as "fun" all the time, which is what she seems to be doing by creating this character of Fun Becca.  Also, Floyd does truly seem to be "fun" all the time.  He has such an optimistic and happy and level-headed personality.  Becca, not so much.

Agreed.  They aren't offensive, which is why I don't loathe them, but I am not buying the "Fun" schtick at all.  I'm guessing that this was her thing that got her noticed in auditions with presumably another partner for a previous season, and then she brought it to this season and Floyd is just going along with it.  He doesn't have the "Fun meter", so it's obviously not his idea.  What if Floyd were boring and drab and serious?  Would Becca have made him be "fun"?  What if she were paired up with Michael?  I don't see Michael emanating this fake fun all the time no matter the circumstances.  It's just annoying.

How lost did Becca and Floyd have to be in order to arrive to the detour after Michael and Liz?  I think I heard them say 40 kilometers, so that's about 18 miles?  It seemed like Liz and Michael were driving for a long time.  Yet Becca and Floyd were so out of the way in the wrong direction as well?

I didn't understand the "race" part of the 250 steps and why there was the local running up with them.  At first I thought you had to beat the local, otherwise you would have to do it again.  But no, it seems like you just have to follow-up him up the stairs.  250 steps and carrying a tiny donkey down on your shoulders?  Versus trying to get a slow-moving donkey through unfamiliar streets?  Neither challenge looked very difficult, but I totally would have chosen to go up some stairs if I knew that I didn't have to beat the local to the top. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

250 steps and carrying a tiny donkey

I believe it was a goat. A very calm goat (didn't struggle at all, like he rides on people's shoulders all the time)

Becca seems like kind of a s*** to me. I think it's hilarious. I was very irritated with Michael for not turning around- or like many have pointed out, pulling over to look at the map himself if he didn't believe Liz. But I would take 10 hours of him over 1 minute of Brook. I HATE WHINING! Just the sound of her voice makes me want to smack the living crap out of her. As a woman, it is a point of pride with me that when something seems next to impossible to do,  I take a deep breath and think about it for a second to see if there is a different approach that I can take to get the job done. I absolutely can't handle people that get hysterical and EXPECT others to help them. YMMV

• Love 1

I assumed that the bridge (no matter how loomingly visible) was something which, if you missed the turn for it in one direction from the highway you had to go kind of far before turning around; and if you missed the exit a second time, well...I could see 40 minutes or so passing easily.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Just watched now....

I believe I would have murdered Michael in the car if he was my partner and he continued to drive us deeper into the mountains.

Team Fun is incredibly lucky that Michael is the most inept character to appear on CBS since Gilligan. I'm in awe of his stupidity.

Saw flashes of the nasty poser again with Becca tonight.

When I was lost in Montreal trying to get to down town I simply kept driving in the direction of the tall buildings. When you have a big honkin' bridge in view how can you not point your car towards it and get there.

I want to marry the bride. My lord she was beautiful.

Editors hate Brooke by sticking in the flashback of her swearing no U-Turn because I know I certainly forgot about it.

Phil pimping out the greeter? What the hell.

Love the three by the look of them  possibly Asian tourists in the background taking pictures of Team Number 1 at the mat. At least those photos didn't get wiki-leaked.

Edited by North of Eden
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, vousviou said:

The self navigation really made the leg -- I wish that any leg which had straightforward tasks would include self driving in challenging situations to force teams to earn their victory.

I'm curious if any of the confusion on the road was due to Greek road signs.  When I was there, some had place names in both Roman and Greek alphabets (I noticed one sign in this episode was that way) but many used only the Greek.  I found the Greek-only signs to be really hard to handle when you only have a few seconds to read it before you've passed it.

This!  Remember the season when Lake ("like the ocean")and his wife drove to the completely wrong side of an island (Mykonos, maybe?) because all the signs and all the maps were only in the Greek alphabet and they couldn't find anyone who spoke English.  Good times.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

Considering how long it took Team Fun to get to the Detour, I didn't mind Becca asking Floyd if he was sure about the directions, and after the first time, it sounded like she was razzing him.  I think she's got a sardonic sense of humor, while I can see why others might not.  Team Fun, LoLo and T&J for top three.

• Love 6

There is a site that I read that always does interviews post race. It's always both racers, but this week, so far, it's only Mike. He admits that it is 100% his fault that they were eliminated. They were 20-30 minutes behind Team Fun, and they wasted 2 hours because he refused to turn around. He says they pulled over and he looked at the map and he was convinced he'd found a way to cut through without having to turn around, but obviously he was wrong. 

He also says his comments on Vanck were "taken out of context" and that they u-turned them because of a "six team decision" and because they were smart, capable, and a threat. Sure.

• Love 1

This is exactly why I would NEVER have helped Brooke in the first place.   She would have been out then.   Granted we'd have had the guy who had issues with the rappelling (and I didn't like him) but Brooke might have been out.   Saving weaker people can backfire.  (And I think Phil should have inquired about it on the mat.)

On 5/13/2017 at 6:16 PM, Netfoot said:

TAR is a competition,  a race, with a large purse for the winner.  It is not an opportunity for teams to demonstrate their steadfast honour and dependability.  

Michael helped Brooke and in return she agreed not to U-Turn him.  But we've had two U/W-Turns since then, and she kept my her promise to him twice.  I think the debt had been paid.  And it was foolish of him to think that her indebtedness would last forever.  Or even that he had any real reason to expect her to play honourably at all.  

4 hours ago, valen said:

There is a site that I read that always does interviews post race. It's always both racers, but this week, so far, it's only Mike. He admits that it is 100% his fault that they were eliminated. They were 20-30 minutes behind Team Fun, and they wasted 2 hours because he refused to turn around. He says they pulled over and he looked at the map and he was convinced he'd found a way to cut through without having to turn around, but obviously he was wrong. 

He also says his comments on Vanck were "taken out of context" and that they u-turned them because of a "six team decision" and because they were smart, capable, and a threat. Sure.

What is the site Valen?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MortysCleaningLady said:

This is exactly why I would NEVER have helped Brooke in the first place.   She would have been out then.   Granted we'd have had the guy who had issues with the rappelling (and I didn't like him) but Brooke might have been out.   Saving weaker people can backfire.  (And I think Phil should have inquired about it on the mat.)

But I wouldn't say that him saving Brooke back then contributed to their loss this week.  They got beat out by Team Fun, not by Brooke and Scott in a dash to the finish line.  Yes, he helped her and saved her from possible elimination then.   But it didn't matter, Mike and Liz survived in the weeks afterwards.  
Brooke being one of the remaining teams doesn't contribute to their performance this week.

So they wasted two hours driving, yet somehow still arrived at the detour before Team Fun?  Wow, that's amazing.  I think what really contributed greatly to the loss was probably having to do the stairs again.  Michael obviously isn't in good shape and we saw him struggling the first time up, so I can only imagine what the second time looked like.  We only saw him at the top the second time saying something like "I forgot something" before getting the second goat.

As in a previous comment I wrote, I really don't understand why they had to race up those stairs.  Trying to run full speed up the first bunch of stairs?  When you know that you have 250?  I think slow and steady would be a better strategy if you don't want to burn out and tire too soon.  But having that local guy there kind of forces you to go as fast as you can in the beginning, which obviously didn't suit Michael well.

2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

As in a previous comment I wrote, I really don't understand why they had to race up those stairs.

My understanding was that the race up the stairs was a local custom.  The challenge was to participate in the event, which I'm sure was being staged for TARs benefit, with some local participants.  Of course, the smart strategy would be to deliberately lose the race, and preserve your strength.  But I can see how easily a competitor -- especially a dumb-ass with an IQ of 140 -- might not recognize that at first!

7 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I think what really contributed greatly to the loss was probably having to do the stairs again.  Michael obviously isn't in good shape and we saw him struggling the first time up, so I can only imagine what the second time looked like.  We only saw him at the top the second time saying something like "I forgot something" before getting the second goat.

I don't think they had to go up the stairs the second time (which is why we didn't see them with Team Fun).  They went up the stairs, down a road, then back up the road and down again.  I think they should have had to go back up the stairs, but they apparently didn't.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, blackwing said:

But twice now we have seen her getting very aggravated (lost passports and lost in Greece) where her very angry/stressed personality and her true colours shine through.

But I'm also not portraying myself as "fun" all the time, which is what she seems to be doing by creating this character of Fun Becca.  

I don't think she seemed that upset or angry at all when they were lost in Greece. I also don't remember Becca claiming that she's "Fun Becca" all the time.  That seems like something viewers have decided and when she gets even the least bit down about anything, she's called fake. Which makes no sense to me. If something shitty happened (like your partner losing his ID and passport TWICE) and she was still all super happy, people would still call her fake.  She really can't win here.

• Love 9
On 5/12/2017 at 1:32 AM, CrashTextDummie said:

Come on, you can't fault Michael for being pissed at Brook and Scott. That wasn't just a strategic race move, it was an honest to god betrayal. Which I am totally fine with (I approve, even), but you can't fault Mike and Liz for not taking it in stride. I was also totally on board with u-turning Team Fun. Whether it was to possibly save a team they liked better or to possibly eliminate a stronger team (likely secret true reason), it was totally the right call.

Tasks were simple this week (although those steps looked killer) but the scenery was gorgeous. I'm glad Mike and Liz were eliminated, although that team self-nagivating themselves outside the realm of civilization has honestly been one of the biggest pleasures of this season. Much higher entertainment value than Team Fun failing to find their way onto a huge-ass monumental bridge for an hour.

Have to love how karma literally did come back and bite Liz and Mike.  And have to love how Mike's A-holeness is the reason they lost, driving straight instead of turning around did them in, not sure why he thought that even if he found a random road that would hook up with the correct road, that would be faster than turning around.  And you know maybe you should STOP THE DAMN CAR AND LOOK AT THE MAP IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE LIZ!

• Love 3
On 5/16/2017 at 2:58 AM, valen said:

Out of context?  Did he have a soliloquy about Vanck or something because the clip they showed had him saying things for a LONG time uninterrupted.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2017 at 11:39 PM, jhlipton said:

I don't think they had to go up the stairs the second time (which is why we didn't see them with Team Fun).  They went up the stairs, down a road, then back up the road and down again.  I think they should have had to go back up the stairs, but they apparently didn't.

In the article on the site Valen shared, Michael said they did have to go up the steps again. He said the detour took about an hour since they had to do it twice.

• Love 1

Just one last reminder....tonight's Amazing Race runs 2 hours, starting one hour earlier than usual. I better not see any "why didn't someone tell me it was on earlier" type complaints (like last time)!

• Love 3

Rewatching the opening, I feel like our three "personality" teams were supposed to be Liz/Michael, Scott/Brooke, and Becca/Floyd. That didn't quite work out, did it? Actually, Scott's not too bad. But it's different from one comedic person and straight man. Brooke just seems like a drag to be around. She doesn't seem like she's joking. She just seems negative and mean.

What was with that flight? Who was plying them with alcohol? Oh, well. No airport drama but at least there was some self driving.

Mike and Liz, huh? Oh, now we're about strategy when it comes to the U-turn. I'm not against it though. I'm so over him.

Oh, Tara and Joey... don't dance! Why can't you ever find the clue boxes? That said, they've been all strategy. They were the ones to knock out Seth and Olive and I know

they don't just like Mike and Liz. They know Team Fun is a threat. No judgment. You race to win.

Oh my God, the "For the Groom" detour would destroy me. I hate stairs. It's also very sunny but hard to tell what the temperature was there. 

It was a real shame that the teams that got U-turned were also the teams that got SUPER lost. It's one thing when a team just doesn't reach the board in time. But when they're already struggling... Ahh, too many U-turns.

"I stepped in poop, that's probably good luck." I think that's the most positive Brooke has been during the race. Maybe she only likes donkeys.

I'm curious about the fake wedding. Are those people actually already married but just putting on a show? Are they actors? Are they related? None of the racers would know.

I kind of like how Logan lets London carry stuff instead of either of them assuming he should do all the heavy lifting.

Oh God, I definitely wouldn't want to choose the For the Groom detour and then also run around that stadium. 

I don't get how Mike thinks helping someone once means they will never ever do anything against your best interests. It's a Raaaaccce!

Where in the hell did Team Fun go that they got there after Mike and Liz when M/L went up a mountain???

I wonder if there's really milk in those canisters. Why are they leaving it outside?

Awesome to see Tara kill a challenge. And it was sweet that Joey hid so he wouldn't make her nervous. 

With another team member, I probably would have really liked Scott.

Yay, $7500 each to Tara and Joey. Well deserved. 

LOL, how did Brooke and Scott get so lost that it was dark by the time they reached Phil?

Glad Team Fun are still in it. Glad I don't have to listen to Mike anymore.

• Love 1