Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Burning Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Basically I hope someone kills the barista. 

Hee.  That is like wishing the only one to die in Hamlet is Laertes.  I like it.

Also her daughter is the perfect combo of Reese and Ryan Philippe.   That's what happens when two pretty people combine genes.  

But I must say I like Reese's strong jaw.  It's what makes her stand out.  That and her smallness.  

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And Renata's husband, though I find the actor physically attractive, he always comes off as slightly douchey to me.

I was watching the first episode last night where Renata is looking out at the ocean in deep contemplation after the events of the orientation. Gordon comes out and Renata says something like "I'm not liked by the other mothers" and Gordon has this wonderful "No shit, Sherlock" expression (which Renata cannot see), then he kicks into cheerleader/"you go, girl" mode. It totally cracked me up. I wish I had paid more attention to him. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

In a show full of people who have terrible secrets and make terrible decisions, what is most surprising to me is that the character I have the most visceral abhorrence to is Bonnie.

We see all these characters do terrible things -- Maddy has an affair, Joseph nearly stalks her, Jane makes decisions about what to tell Ziggy that are clearly divisive among the viewers, Celeste stays with an abuser, Perry is an unrelenting sociopath, Renata overreacts, Nathan is a horrible people-pleaser. But frankly, Bonnie is, to me, the WORRRSTTTT.

She kind of flits along the periphery of all of this, making jewelry, staying quiet, and does not once that we've seen ever own her role in either the strain between Nathan and Maddy or Abigail's newfound social awareness. She very clearly knows that her influence over Abigail is massive; but she neither acknowledges this to Nathan and Maddy, nor does she attempt to use it as a bridge between them.

It's unusual for me to dislike a character simply for their inaction, but there it is. Maddy openly admits her selfishness; that Bonnie stays so quiet about her own makes her loathsome to me.

Bonnie is just a step-parent. When it comes to parenting decisions concerning Abigail,  she really doesn't have a say, not as long as Madeleine is alive.   It's just her bad luck that Nathan is a half-assed dad who can't be bothered.

I do wonder how he interacts with Skye. I haven't seen him interacting with either daughter come to think of it.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well this is a little hobby of mine.  I actually wondered how much of her wardrboe might be from her brand.  But this dress was Suno.  This is the website that has all those kinds of details.  The link is for that dress.

Worn On TV - Reese's dinner dress

I love the pink dress she wore to the play--the Roland Mouret. I'll have to find a knock-off. Can't afford Mouret. LOL

PS: Nitpick... I hope Ed created and sold a wildly popular app, technology, game, etc. How else do they afford that house and Maddie's wardrobe? LOL

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

Hee.  That is like wishing the only one to die in Hamlet is Laertes.  I like it.

Also her daughter is the perfect combo of Reese and Ryan Philippe.   That's what happens when two pretty people combine genes.  

But I must say I like Reese's strong jaw.  It's what makes her stand out.  That and her smallness.  

Definitely, she is a beautiful young lady. I actually think she looks more like Ryan than Reese.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Nice article on the clothes-

http://www.racked.com/2017/3/6/14802996/big-little-lies-costumes

40 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Thanks for this link. I only wish it had been more detailed!

I noticed this comment which is probably just a habit of the costume designer from working on other shows and is probably meaningless, but she did say:

We did a lot of Dolce & Gabbana on her; when we were shopping for the first season

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Yes! I got tired of seeing her naked. Seriously, woman. We get it. You look amazing and you have a bikini body that a teenager would die for. Okay, now, keep your clothes on unless you're in private with Keith Urban. ;)

The post above does not represent the view of everyone on this board* ;) ;)

*In case HBO is reading this board

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I think it amused her because she found out Miss Perfect wasn't so perfect. She could lose her cool, after all.

But isn't that the point that Madeline THINKS she is little Miss Perfect because she can't get over her own issues to actually be nice and get to know Bonnie.  Yes, I think Bonnie is zen, hippy, artsy, but that is still a pretty narrow way to look at a human being.  I think we have seen her personality a little especially in her interactions with Nathan.  That scene of her in the kitchen where she is completely over Nathan is just like any other scene I've seen of a wife who is generally annoyed with her husband.  Then the scene where she is getting high before she tells Nathan about Abigail's project. 

Do I think that Maddy and Bonnie would be best friends? No  But I think if Maddie genuinely gave Bonnie a chance and really got to know her I think she would find that she actually does like her.

• Love 2

Y'all are going to laugh at me for bringing up a blink-and-you-miss-it comment from pages back, but I wanted to comment on this because it's kind of topical right now:

It even penetrated Bonnie's Indica haze (for the record, a lot of hippies think pot is actually healthy) for a few minutes. 

I don't think "healthy" is quite the right word but marijuana is definitely not "unhealthy." You can - and many people do - abuse it to the point where you're lazy as hell and live in a constant haze. But it has many proven medical benefits and is way more "healthy" than alcohol or any substance people use to relax and disengage. 

And to get back on topic:

I have absolutely no experience with this, but would it do lasting damage to Ziggy if Jane told him that his father had been "mean" or "a bully" to her, which is why she has no contact with him, to keep her and Ziggy safe? As has been said, Ziggy already thinks his father is Darth Vader, so how much worse can it get? That way Jane would tell him the truth in an age-appropriate way, and he wouldn't feel like she's keeping something from him.

I really wish Jane would consult an expert about this. There have to be therapists out there who specialize in treating women that this has happened to. Ziggy is a smart, intuitive kid and I'd hate for Jane to get this wrong. I'm by no means an expert, but if I were Jane I think I'd probably say something as close to truth as possible - that she only met "dad" once and he wasn't very nice so she never saw him again. And then when Ziggy is older and able to understand, tell him the truth as gently as possible, making sure to assure him that what happened has no bearing on him whatsoever, that he's a great kid, and that she loves him more than anything. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Do I think that Maddy and Bonnie would be best friends? No  But I think if Maddie genuinely gave Bonnie a chance and really got to know her I think she would find that she actually does like her.

Nah. Not necessarily. Sometimes you just don't like "types". That overly sexy dance at the party didn't help people's impression of her, either.

At least, from the females' perspectives.

Edited by Ina123
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ina123 said:

Nah. Not necessarily. Sometimes you just don't like "types". That overly sexy dance at the party didn't help people's impression of her, either.

At least, from the females' perspectives.

You mean that sexy dance that Renata was also doing that the "characters" conveniently forget to mention as well?  While also leaving out their enthusiastic cheers.  I think the show has shown us time and time again how "biased/unreliable" a lot of the characters are in their actions and judgments.

I don't disagree with you that "different types" don't mix.  I just don't think that Maddy does know Bonnie's type, outside of classifying her as "hippy/zen/organic".  I think 90% of her attitude toward Bonnie is misguided because of the way she feels about Nathan and the fact that Abigail has a confidant relationship with Bonnie. I think the show has shown us with a  few examples that Bonnie is more than what Madeline thinks about her.  The examples I used above and also with the comment she made to Ed about "all of us have a past" or "drama", however she worded it. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I personally was surprised a health nut was smoking pot due simply to that it's inhaling smoke, period.  I agree it's healthiER than alcohol but it's not healthier than not smoking anything.  I guess showing Bonnie nibbling a pot brownie takes too much groundwork, though.

Good point - they could have shown her vaping!

1 hour ago, violetr said:

I don't think "healthy" is quite the right word but marijuana is definitely not "unhealthy."

Honestly, I lived in Colorado for 26 years and now live in SoCal, so I've been surrounded by stoners and they will tout it as being healthy.  It's alleged (heavy emphasis on alleged) to prevent certain types of cancer, such as testicular cancer.   Any validity to that?  No clue! But if I had a joint for every time someone told me that?  Well, I'd have a shit-ton of joints.  Plus, they believe it treats anxiety, depression, regulates blood sugar.  

I really wasn't haphazardly using the word, I promise :-)  Again, heavy emphasis on "alleged" and sprinkle in a few  "purported to be" from my standpoint.  Also, my favorite one that I kept hearing in Colorado was that Jesus was a toker (which ...I took comparative religions and don't remember that, but it's kind of a sweet thought).    

But yup, lots of hippies think pot is healthy whereas others think it is harmless and still others believe it essential.  I feel like I should throw in the obligatory: clearly, not all hippies smoke pot because truly, not all hippies do.  

As this pertains to Bonnie, though, I got a laugh out of combining that with the "Bonnie does a lot of gardening" thing that this episode added in.  Every morning, I walk my dogs and I know the three houses we pass by that have the wake-n-bakers.  Every now and then I'll bump into one of them as he gardens and that dude is 72 if he's a day.  He seems very happy to me.  

4 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

I think I was mainly so irritated when they discovered Abigail's secret project, and Bonnie had next to nothing to say about it.  I get the sense she tries very hard to distance herself from the drama between these families, without acknowledging her own role simply by being Nathan's wife.  And I get weary of her condescending tone when she speaks to Nathan -- who by all accounts is kind of an idiot, but at least he's trying. 

We don't have any confirmation about this, but I got the sense that Abigail was really setting it up to spectacularly pull the rug out from underneath everyone -- which doesn't actually preclude a true interest in social justice or an honest desire to do exactly what she planned on doing for the sake of activism -- because an added side bonus of her project was going to be the huge meltdown she was sure her parents would have.  She pretty much knew they would because she was keeping it secret for a reason.   It sounded like neither Nathan or Bonnie knew even at the play when they expressed interest about the big unveiling.  

Then I think what happened was Abigail confided in Bonnie because she does relate to her more as a peer than a parent, she even told Maddy pretty much that -- that Bonnie was like a friend (in that piano interuptus moment) but Maddy would always be her mom -- and Bonnie proved that she was prepared to be both friend and authoritarian by telling Nathan in really short order.   

I think she was mainly silent because she didn't actually feel great about having to draw that line in the sand.   I think she was a little torn about betraying Abigail's trust, but it came into conflict with her responsibility to Abby as a parental figure.  

I agree, though, even as someone who actually really likes hippies in all their various forms, Bonnie can be a bit too bumper-sticker-speak to be tolerable for long.  "We never see things as they are, we see them as we are".  Yup.  That doesn't exactly sound like a person I'd happily hang with because she's too interested in being instructive vs. just...doing her thing and let others do theirs.  

I think she's just still a little inexperienced as a parent and that moment actually taught her exactly that.   

Also, anyone who doesn't react to a full grown person, who knows they are having a vomiting fit and doesn't attempt to aim it towards anything other than the floor, a toilet, a bucket, the ground particularly after puking on the actual table?  Is likely mute and even then?  Emphatic hand gestures to follow.   What adult starts puking everywhere and doesn't try to get away from people, objects, etc. toward a bathroom?  

I get Maddy was in shock, but that "god damnit!" made me actually like Bonnie for being human under the bumper stickers of Tao of Pooh approach to all else. 

14 minutes ago, violetr said:

Good point - they could have shown her vaping!

Actual studies have supported that inhaling pot smoke doesn't have the same toxic impact as cigarette smoke on your lungs.   Also, vaping is not considered healthy.   Time article on pot smoking that was recently published.  

I don't really take a position on it one way or another -- except that I sort of clearly do and think it is relatively harmless as vices go -- but it actually seemed a supportive character note for Bonnie vs. a contradictory one and it made me chuckle :) 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 7

Bonnie is just a step-parent. When it comes to parenting decisions concerning Abigail,  she really doesn't have a say, not as long as Madeleine is alive.   It's just her bad luck that Nathan is a half-assed dad who can't be bothered.

I think in the original way things were, with Abigail living with Madeline, that is true.  However, now that Abigail is living in Bonnie's house, she has a much bigger role in Abigail's life.  That isn't to say she can suddenly start overruling Maddie's decisions, but she does have a bigger role. 

I was very disappointed with Bonnie and Nathan for waiting until the dinner to say anything to Madeline about what Abigail was doing.  I feel like that kind of situation required an immediate call to her, and there needed to be a united front in shutting it down.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Nice article on the clothes-

http://www.racked.com/2017/3/6/14802996/big-little-lies-costumes

C'mon, it's only $2100.  LOL.  This recommends a similar dress that's $148 but it's not all that similar to me.  

https://wornontv.net/68204/

That $148 one doesn't look similar to me either. I think this is a closer match: http://www.stopstaringclothing.com/love-hot-pink-1620.html

As far as pot smoking, I'm sure you can find all sort of studies that will back up one point of view or another. I saw an article that said regular smokers are more likely to get cardiac arrest, so there's that. Anyway...back on topic.

I was off Bonnie from the get go.  She suggested that her daughter needed a playdate with her half sister.  No bitch the two little girls share absolutely no DNA.  And way to needle Maddie.  Two of her daughters can spend the weekend at your house making bread with nana. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I was off Bonnie from the get go.  She suggested that her daughter needed a playdate with her half sister.  No bitch the two little girls share absolutely no DNA.  And way to needle Maddie.  Two of her daughters can spend the weekend at your house making bread with nana. 

I noticed that. They do not share DNA. Couldn't figure out why she said it. I had to think about it, tho.

Couldn't figure out why she said it.

She is either clueless and insensitive or she meant it to needle.  The whole thing about Abigail and her mother being so close.  She is one calculating little b.  I'm wondering if Nathan is still pining away for Maddie and Bonnie is just jealous.  Then she drags ed to the yoga class that Maddie takes.  Like there aren't another 40 classes in Monterey they could have chosen.  No, Bonnie is looking to make matters worse, with a big sweet smile on her face.

• Love 7

Honestly, I lived in Colorado for 26 years and now live in SoCal, so I've been surrounded by stoners and they will tout it as being healthy.  It's alleged (heavy emphasis on alleged) to prevent certain types of cancer, such as testicular cancer.   Any validity to that?  No clue! But if I had a joint for every time someone told me that?  Well, I'd have a shit-ton of joints.  Plus, they believe it treats anxiety, depression, regulates blood sugar.  

I live in Northern California so I know from stoners - ha. I really don't care about what's alleged - I care about the research. That said, there's not nearly enough evidence-based, peer-reviewed research for a variety of reasons, including the fact that it's still classified as a schedule-1 drug (so dumb). But there is strong evidence to support its beneficial impact on anxiety, depression, insomnia, MS symptoms, AIDS symptoms, and most importantly, chronic pain. I think the science is slowly getting there. Here's a good summary on where we are with the scant science so far: http://time.com/3931863/medical-marijuana-benefits/.

As for Bonnie, I imagine she would have a shit ton of anxiety just from dealing with Nathan and Maddie. I kind of think Bonnie is a phony, though. What kind of peace, love and understanding gal marries a guy like Nathan?

• Love 10

The secret project story came so out of left field...what was the point of that? was it to tell the daughter about her affair ? LOL

and im shocked the writers let Nathan have an accurate reaction to learning his daughter was going to sell herself online...in my opinion he was too easy on her. I would have throw her laptop and phone in the ocean :)

and I really don't know how their going to fit

1. Whose been harming Amabella

2. Whose Jane's rapist

3. Who died

in one hour without one of the 3 story lines end up feeling rushed

Edited by dd21dd21
  • Love 1

and it has to be 100% Perry as the rapist at this point right?

He's the only husband Jane hasn't met and he breaks his dick on the night they were going to meet? *eye roll*

I guess for impact it has to be him as it directly affects both Celeste and Jane and also breaking Madeline's illusion of everybody around her being so perfect.

Edited by dd21dd21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

And to me Maddy was the bitchy one in that scene.  I thought Bonnie was warm and friendly to suggest a play date and it means nothing to me that she used the much shorter and chummier 'half sister' term over the clunky 'her half-sister's sister'.  

Correctly, the even clunkier, "Her half-sister's half-sister."  ;)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

That's Maddy's problem with Bonnie and Celeste both.  She thinks their marriages are perfect because she doesn't know what's under the surface with either woman.  She's too focused on appearances.    

To be fair, the only people who know what a marriage is like are the two people in it. When I left my first husband, everyone I knew was really surprised and thought we had a great marriage. And it wasn't like we modeled perfect behavior in front of everyone.

2 hours ago, stillshimpy said:

Also, anyone who doesn't react to a full grown person, who knows they are having a vomiting fit and doesn't attempt to aim it towards anything other than the floor, a toilet, a bucket, the ground particularly after puking on the actual table?  Is likely mute and even then?  Emphatic hand gestures to follow.   What adult starts puking everywhere and doesn't try to get away from people, objects, etc. toward a bathroom? 

Exactly. Now, I may have amazing reflexes, but I have never yet in my adult life spontaneously just opened my mouth and puked all over everything. And if I had I certainly wouldn't keep it going in the same direction, I would have turned away.

39 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Correctly, the even clunkier, "Her half-sister's half-sister."  ;)

Better choice would have been "family"

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Better choice would have been "family"

Oh, for real, yes. Bonnie could have avoided a lot of ire if she'd just said she thought it might be nice for Skye and Chloe to have some playdates because their families are connected through Abigail, instead of putting Madeline's back up by calling Skye Chloe's half-sister!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

To me, it would make the most sense that Celeste would make some allowances for Ziggy financially.  This is her friend and their wealth level is supposed to be very high.  

This sounds like one of those complex legal questions my best friend used to study in law school. I guess it would depend on whether a will specified children of both of them vs children of each of theirs, or if it named specific kids. 

Somehow, I doubt Perry's imaginary estate plan will come into play but you never know with this show!

If Perry left money to Celeste, then yes, I can't imagine her not providing for Jane/Ziggy. But I wouldn't put it past Perry to have the money go directly to the twins through a trust run by some random lawyer as yet another way to fuck Celeste over and make sure she needs him. (note, I have no idea exactly how this stuff works. But I'm pretty sure he could, if he wanted, leave Celeste completely out of his will, and any insurance policies he might have).

• Love 1

How are Chloe and Skye around the same age?

Don't listen to that trouble maker Bonnie.  Chloe is Ed's daughter not Nathan.  Nathan was long gone when Abigail was a baby.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

'half sister' term over the clunky 'her half-sister's sister'.  

I think "step-sister" is the correct, non-clunky term, although not totally precise either.

• Love 3

I think Maddie's problem about the half-sister comment and playdate suggestion was that she didn't want to "share" Chloe with Bonnie in the same way she's had to "share" Abigail. It was a bit petulant of her, but also understandable.

• Love 12
On 3/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, mochamajesty said:

Lol. That song was before my time but I recognized it.

I find this 1st grade love of oldies unrealistic.

My son's favorite from pre-school on was Jackson 5's ABC. 

On 3/26/2017 at 11:33 PM, dhilde85 said:

The way that they smoothed over everything so quickly seemed suspicious- I was surprised. Maybe not suing her, but taken some sort of action.

I thought it just showed that Renata just needed to know that Jane gave a shit, and when she heard that Jane had Ziggy at a child psychiatrist, she visibly softened.  I mean, what can you say to that when you yourself believe in therapy? (Which I assume she does since she wanted to take Amabella.)

On 3/27/2017 at 0:04 AM, OldButHappy said:

I started noticing the glass in the homes in tonight's episode...I think it's an intentional metaphor:

When Jane was leaving Renata's house via the front door, the entire entry wall and entry door were glass...spotless glass.  Because the house is on the ocean, keeping a glass house clean must be very difficult. It occurred to me that it must take at least one full-time person to keep all the glass exterior panels clean.

Then I noticed that the expansive exterior glass at Celeste's house was equally clean.

Maddie's house is more enclosed, so the glass in her exterior walls doesn't take center stage during her domestic scenes. But when the kids ran down to the beach, the glass "fence" between the back yard and the beach was shown (I've never noticed it before), and it was spotless.

So I started thinkin'......glass houses as a metaphor for false perfection/convenient compartmentalization....but then figured that I was reading too much into it and that the DP just chose his shots to not accentuate any dirty windows/glass....until....

...Celeste went to check out the "escape plan" apartment.  It was certainly a high-end unit, but something just made it feel sad...then I noticed the dirty windows.  There was something so real about them - they were the perfect backdrop for Celeste's painful acceptance of the gritty realities of her life as she cried, hunched over on the floor.

Did anyone else notice this?

I'm already sad that next week is the last episode...

I did. I thought it was alluding to the idea that Celeste's life was about to get real, and messy... instead of falsely perfect.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:03 AM, FemmyV said:

Just for kicks.

http://gph.is/2mHsD9v

I need a gif of the stunt penis getting raqueted.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, violetr said:

As for Bonnie, I imagine she would have a shit ton of anxiety just from dealing with Nathan and Maddie. I kind of think Bonnie is a phony, though. What kind of peace, love and understanding gal marries a guy like Nathan?

Well, if Bonnie's age is similar to Zoe Kravitz's , I'm guessing one that is 21-22 when they were involved enough to be creating Skye, feels that her role in life is to lead others to enlightenment and hadn't yet learned that you can't fix broken dudes?  So, like, nearly every 21 to 22-year-old hippie I've personally known and not an insubstantial number of women who fall into other categories.  Candidly, my son's father -- who I met at the ripe old age of 20 -- was (and in fairness to him) is  a good guy, but like a blueprint of a guy I could never have a future with and I didn't spot it.  My son's stepdad, on the other hand, pretty much perfect match for me.  

Bonnie would wear thin very easily on me but they emphasized her youth in the funniest way here: They had that shot of her picking up Skye -- and all they need have done was have her wrap her arms around her comfortingly -- and Skye's damned near bigger than Bonnie is.  I thought wardrobe kind of emphasized that with that giant sack of a dress she was wearing and it made me like her a bit more for that damned, unappealing dress too after Maddy's "can't she just put on a shirt?" after yoga.   

Bonnie is irksome but there's some evidence to suggest she's actually trying.  Shucked oysters at dinner?  Yeah, she's trying.   It doesn't make her likable but it does lean towards making her well-intentioned.  

Also if they met 8 years ago (again, going with Skye's age and assuming that Nathan didn't knock her up on the third date because I think Maddy would be mentioning that, kind of a lot) Nathan would have been in his early thirties.  Had some kind of business that presumably made Maddy think he was a decent pick in the first place when she was also quite young -- so about Bonnie's age when she met Nathan -- and he's pretty far from repulsive.  

I like Maddy, I like Bonnie too and I weirdly just feel for both of them.   It's a crappy situation for both of them and I think they are both trying.  Bonnie will always start out on the wrong foot because she's a gorgeous yoga instructor who speaks in really annoying enlightenment blurbs but she appears to have a pretty good heart.  Or at least not a bad one.  

Also, when it comes to Adam Scott and Reese Witherspoon, I think that it fits that they don't make a pair (in contrast to maybe Celeste and Perry) who you'd think, "Wow, I bet that was a grand romance!"  I think the fact that he's a slightly odd fit for her supports his, "I married my dream girl"  thing.  He likely did.  They both know it. 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 8

I think I have to go against the grain here: I like Bonnie just fine, and none of the men on the show do anything for me...except maybe the cutie barista. Perry aside (because though he does stand out, it's due to being absolutely terrifying), the men are all just like every boring, white-bread guy with an amazing wife that I've come across. I am, as I often am in life, baffled by why any of these women would have chosen any of these men.

• Love 11

Nicole Kidman is killing it in her therapy scenes. Her character is so much like my Mom back in the day. Beautiful, wealthier that most of the other neighbors, gorgeous homes, world traveler , scratch golfer, amazing hostess and cook, adorable kids and charming  handsome husband who could just go OFF. Nobody had a clue. Nobody. A therapist had to help her with a plan which got fucked up a little bit I was there to threaten to call 911 until things calmned down. She went on to marry a wonderful man and have a happy life. If Celeste is the victim I will be distraught. Her scenes are so on target that I am nauseous or glugging tequila into my glass to get through the show or both. 

I totally buy becoming nauseas when you find out that hippy dippy step Mom knew your underage kid is prostituting herself on line. I would have broken everything on that table. 

I think that Celeste and Perry's boys may be acting out the presumably loving gestures that they see at home on the other children

This show is mindblowing. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

If she knew about it before, why spill the beans now?  Why not wait until it goes live and let Nathan find out on his own?

Maybe she tried several times to talk Abigail out of it before Nathan or Madeline found out, but when she realized that Abigail wasn't budging, she finally fessed up to Nathan.

• Love 1

I like Maddie but I think she is a total drama queen about Bonnie.  The Planned Parenthood visit was wrong but I think Bonnie got the point when Maddy told her off.  

Basically Maddie is making herself and three other people miserable because she holds a grudge.  Nathan didn't beat het.  He didn't cheat on her.  He left.  Which sucked but hello, she has lovely Ed.  Her life is pretty sweet really and she can't let go of her anger?  

I still like her, mostly because I think she is sincere.  Except when she is fake polite to Bonnie.  Her snide comment about the wine mugs?  Gah.  Maddie is at her worst around her and it is all her own fault.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

If Perry left money to Celeste, then yes, I can't imagine her not providing for Jane/Ziggy. But I wouldn't put it past Perry to have the money go directly to the twins through a trust run by some random lawyer as yet another way to fuck Celeste over and make sure she needs him. (note, I have no idea exactly how this stuff works. But I'm pretty sure he could, if he wanted, leave Celeste completely out of his will, and any insurance policies he might have).

(Again, non lawyer lawyering so I apologize to lawyers) I suppose there are things he could do but as CA is a community property state, he'd probably have a tough time keeping her completely out of it. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Maybe she tried several times to talk Abigail out of it before Nathan or Madeline found out, but when she realized that Abigail wasn't budging, she finally fessed up to Nathan.

Why don't people believe Bonnie when she told Nathan she didn't know what the project was? Has Bonnie been shown as a liar?

10 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I was surprised Bonnie suggested anything social at all after Maddy's rude "Of course you did" comment in reply to Bonnie saying she made her necklace in Peru

So Maddie has never traveled out of the country or done activities in foreign countries? I'm with Ed. Does Mandy hate Bonnie so much because she still has feelings for Nathan?

And aren't Skye and Chloe a little more than classmates? They don't share DNA, but they're part of the same blended family. 

• Love 5

We don't know Bonnie to be a liar but she does keep quiet.  Like the birth control pills. But again, I think lesson learned. 

I just see Bonnie trying so hard. She wants to be herself around Maddie and Maddie is always irritable, much like how Renata was towards Jane.  And okay, Maddie being annoyed sometimes by the younger wife is human, but she never gives an inch.  Have we seen her be kind towards Bonnie?  And we know she can be kind.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, topanga said:

And aren't Skye and Chloe a little more than classmates? They don't share DNA, but they're part of the same blended family. 

But they aren't half sisters which was what raised Maddie's hackles.

38 minutes ago, topanga said:

So Maddie has never traveled out of the country or done activities in foreign countries? I'm with Ed.

Maddie's "of course you did" comment was sarcasm and had nothing to do with Maddie not traveling outside the country. Bonnie says these things like she's bragging. That's why Maddie countered with the sarcasm.

• Love 4