Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Nicole's Story

Azubah
  • Start Topic

Man, I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and my mom almost always had a part-time job, but she cooked.  And cooked well.  There would be protein and some sort of starch (potatoes or rice or bread), and always salads and vegetables.  And I grew up liking most vegetables (dislike mushrooms to this day though).  Loved beets, spinach and Brussels sprouts even as a small child.  My mom learned to cook from her mom, who was also really good.  She grew up in a small farming town, so vegetables were important and cheap.  And my mom made sure to follow government guidelines - we all had to drink a full glass of milk at every meal.  And my mom was an adventurous cook - made dishes from all over the world:  Mexican (she learned to make chiles rellenos from the Mexican mom next door), French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese... anything and everything.

But I also understand that a lot of our eating habits are learned,  If you grow up eating chips and candy and snack foods, "real" food can taste bland and boring.  Your tongue wants the salt and sugar that it's used to, and other foods don't hit those spots the same way.  Even healthier frozen meals would taste bland.  And anything spicy would probably just register as "hot", not tasty.  I'll bet Nicole's mom probably grew up on white bread and baloney sandwiches, made with mayonnaise and fried spam.  It's probably been that way for generations, and to them it's normal.

That said, it's time for Nicole to break the cycle and give those poor kids of hers a chance to do better in life.  There's no reason to cry, "But I've always done it this way!" and refuse to change when change is needed.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had a coworker that used smashed-up fried pork rinds.  He said that way, he avoided carbs.  I just thought it sounded weird.

I eat a very low carb diet for a variety of reasons. If you go to many of the Ketogenic Diet sites Pork Rinds are the go to crunch food. Nachos with pork rinds and anything you would use a chip or crumbs for.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Is being 600 pounds some kind of class issue? Almost without exception, the people we see each week are living in total or near poverty. They always seem to be in some crappy house or welfare apartment, wearing rags (or just a cheap sheet), and none of them ever seem to have had a decent job EVER. Does the obesity make them poor, or is being poor a risk factor for extreme obesity? Or does this show just always look for the biggest train wrecks?

And don't tell me two drug addicts couldn't spot a drug dealer living on their property. There were probably "friends" coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

There are class issues around obesity.  However, the biggest issue here is people who would be willing to go on a TV show to get surgery.  If you have good health coverage and can afford to pay the other costs associated with surgery, you are unlikely to show up on My 600 Lb Life to be filmed getting hosed down on the porch. 

5 hours ago, Lizz said:

Count me in as not understanding how she could have sex and deliver a baby with that body.  I really hope she's on birth control now!  Now stop thinking.....

Did she have a Juggalo tat?  I missed that but I saw Charlie had a Juggalo cap and rubber wristband.  

Both of her pregnancies had problems.  She was bed bound for much of the time.  And she had the children via C-section.  Dr. Now mentioned the scarring in her abdomen.  There are many positions in which people can have sex.  I'll just leave it with if there's a will, there's a way. 

As far as birth control goes, she may have limited choices.  With her history of blood clots, she cannot use most hormone based methods. 

5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Did Nicole say at one point "I don't want my kids to have to bury me wearing a diaper."???? Was she wearing a diaper because she couldn't get in the bathroom? I haven't been this horrified since the last horrible episode of this show 2 weeks ago.

I had to listen to that twice.  She said she didn't want them to bury her while they were (still) in diapers.  So, yeah, weird phrasing.  She wasn't saying she was wearing diapers (as well we know from the all important hose down scene.)

41 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Question: if you know you're going on the show, why don't you start the diet ahead of time, since you know it will be no carbs and protein and getting up and moving a bit. Or, is that a production conceit, so we get the footage of the grocery store shop and the bathing shot and the stuffing food in your mouth shot.

There are many scenes on these shows that really seem prompted by production.  You can catch them in different episodes.  There have been a few times when people went to a drive through and their spouse reminded them to order the large.  A lot of the shopping trips seem aimed at shock value.  We never see someone pick up milk or bread; it's always a cart full of junk food.  While these folks have terrible diets, I would suspect they occasionally eat something more than chips and ice cream.  Seeing Nicole and Charlie buy meat for the world's nastiest meatloaf was an exception for this show.  (Thinks back to Zsalynn damn near fellating a donut.)

• Love 11

Nicole's description of the epicurean delight that is a fast food cheeseburger was epic. She described the cheese, the warmth, the smell, the feel. I have never in my life! She really shoveled in that plate of mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and Party Mix Meatloaf. I mean we have seen a lot of shovelers but she seemed the fastest eater yet. I did not notice one book for those kids nor one toy. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

There are many scenes on these shows that really seem prompted by production.  You can catch them in different episodes.  There have been a few times when people went to a drive through and their spouse reminded them to order the large.  A lot of the shopping trips seem aimed at shock value.  We never see someone pick up milk or bread; it's always a cart full of junk food.  While these folks have terrible diets, I would suspect they occasionally eat something more than chips and ice cream.  Seeing Nicole and Charlie buy meat for the world's nastiest meatloaf was an exception for this show.  (Thinks back to Zsalynn damn near fellating a donut.)

There was someone who used to post on the old TWOP boards who had a relative that was in one of TLC's reality shows. The poster said that TLC was notorious for staging scenes, much like we are treated to in this show (e.g shower, drive thru, face stuffing,  etc)

Okay I'm up to the surgery finally. Is it just me, or is Charlie getting more repulsive as the episode goes on? At the beginning he was just a normal ugly dude, now he is dressing like one of the Latin Kings or some shit and he cannot keep that "DUHHHHH" look off his face.

• Love 20

Because Dr Na is the ONLY one who can help them. And if they get to Houston and he says no, they don't know what they are going to do. He is their only hope, their last chance to save their lives. They can't eat better until Dr. Na asks about the eating habit and who brings them the food. Only after that is revealed can you try to lose 50 pound in one month and not one minute before.

I always SMH about that aspect of this show.  As if the thought NEVER, EVER crossed their minds that maybe they could try losing weight on their own by, oh, I don't know, maybe EATING LESS and MOVING MORE ?!?!?  They all give the obligatory "I've tried everything to lose weight and nothing works" speech, but it's obvious they are totally lying.  THINKING about it does not equal TRYING.  Well, I at least give them credit for getting on the show and doing the work for the sake of the show.  Whatever works, I guess.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, suzeecat said:

I always SMH about that aspect of this show.  As if the thought NEVER, EVER crossed their minds that maybe they could try losing weight on their own by, oh, I don't know, maybe EATING LESS and MOVING MORE ?!?!?  They all give the obligatory "I've tried everything to lose weight and nothing works" speech, but it's obvious they are totally lying.  THINKING about it does not equal TRYING.  Well, I at least give them credit for getting on the show and doing the work for the sake of the show.  Whatever works, I guess.

I've heard "I'm trying" so many times in my career that it makes me twitch. I always say "you don't TRY to eat healthy or exercise or drink more water. You either do it, or you don't. Or you do it, but inconsistently, which is probably what you meant."

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I always give giant eye rolls when they proclaim on the road trip to Houston, "we are on the road so I have NO CHOICE but to eat fast food" Really, no choice, there are no grocery stores for thousands of miles? At least a few of them admitted that they were going to gorge themselves before they went to Houston because they knew they were going to have to stop eating crap. 

Nicole was OTT in her infatuation with food. When she was cooking that meatloaf, she was talking about how wonderful it was, the smell, the taste, I swear she was salivating. It was meatloaf with cornflakes dammit. Who gets excited about meatloaf??

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, operalover said:

Because Dr Na is the ONLY one who can help them. And if they get to Houston and he says no, they don't know what they are going to do. He is their only hope, their last chance to save their lives. They can't eat better until Dr. Na asks about the eating habit and who brings them the food. Only after that is revealed can you try to lose 50 pound in one month and not one minute before.

Love this so very very much! You nailed it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, operalover said:

I'm also willing to bet that the participants are enjoying a "last fling" with the food they love. They figure they can load up on fast food cheeseburgers and pizzas and whatever all else revolting food they eat until Dr. Now brings the hammer down.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Okay I'm up to the surgery finally. Is it just me, or is Charlie getting more repulsive as the episode goes on? At the beginning he was just a normal ugly dude, now he is dressing like one of the Latin Kings or some shit and he cannot keep that "DUHHHHH" look off his face.

That whole family was messed up. One of the most toxic dynamics I've ever seen on this show. The lot of them, they were awful and I'm glad she got her own place to live in the end.

39 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I always give giant eye rolls when they proclaim on the road trip to Houston, "we are on the road so I have NO CHOICE but to eat fast food" Really, no choice, there are no grocery stores for thousands of miles? At least a few of them admitted that they were going to gorge themselves before they went to Houston because they knew they were going to have to stop eating crap. 

Nicole was OTT in her infatuation with food. When she was cooking that meatloaf, she was talking about how wonderful it was, the smell, the taste, I swear she was salivating. It was meatloaf with cornflakes dammit. Who gets excited about meatloaf??

Same here. I always bring a cooler with healthy choices and if a hotel room has a microwave, it's hot Progresso soup for dinner. I lived on soup, yogurt and hotel boiled eggs when working 10 day projects in the field. But these folks are addicts--they want to load up on their drug of choice before going with the program.

Even though she was whiny and difficult initially, I would up liking Nicole. She expressed herself very well to her family and did what was right for her. I wonder whatever happened with her dad.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I always SMH about that aspect of this show.  As if the thought NEVER, EVER crossed their minds that maybe they could try losing weight on their own by, oh, I don't know, maybe EATING LESS and MOVING MORE ?!?!?  They all give the obligatory "I've tried everything to lose weight and nothing works" speech, but it's obvious they are totally lying.  THINKING about it does not equal TRYING.

This always reminds me of Shelley on Celebrity Rehab, who wisely said one day "he's not prepared to do whatever it takes. he's prepared to do what he thinks it should take". That always stuck with me. And I use it myself all the time, with my husband, who was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes but still wants fast food and ice cream. But he thinks he is an absolute martyr.

• Love 9

Nicole spoke so lovingly about the food, how scrumptious and delicious it was, but I noticed during the trip to Houston and the burger/Subway stop, she was shoving it in like wood in a woodchipper. How could you even taste anything that way?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

Mouth-breather, hairy back boyfriend dressed like a Cabbage Patch kid, and while I don't want to imagine the sex scenario that produced their child, I have to wonder what the draw is to being with a 600 lb person. Is it some kind of fetish to hose off the gf in the backyard every morning?   Sorry, I don't get it. 

I have been laughing nonstop since reading this - hilarious !  I still can't process this show in my mind. I can't get past the fact that SHE. IS. ONLY. 23.

• Love 6

Given everything is so staged, & these are not professional actors, I'm thinking there are setups of situations/scenes exaggerating already dysfunctional behavior. I can imagine the producers finding out they argue a lot, so telling them to create scenes like that, because we want to really SEE what happens. And when they ask about her favorite foods - they find out she loves this meatloaf, or whatever other foods, so they direct to lay it on thick; we really want to SEE how much you love it, etc. Then at the end, let's tone it down - we want to end on a positive vibe. And then of course editing to get exactly what they want to portray.

I always SMH at the beginning with every single one of them talking about how much pain they're in, every day. Well, of course who wouldn't be at that weight? But they have to describe it in detail so we really get the picture lest we should assume 600lbs is comfy for folks.

I haven't seen Nicole's story yet; they're just so long I have to wait until I can get to the DVR, usually on the weekend, for these now. And even then I have to watch in snippets. So her situation sounds bad, but I'm guessing the above not just on what I've read here but also on what I've seen with the other people's shows.

They need to keep it interesting somehow to keep people watching.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Question: if you know you're going on the show, why don't you start the diet ahead of time, since you know it will be no carbs and protein and getting up and moving a bit. Or, is that a production conceit, so we get the footage of the grocery store shop and the bathing shot and the stuffing food in your mouth shot.

Your post brought up another issue that infuriates me every damn episode cpcathy and that is at some point the subject in voiceover mode says "I've been approved for surgery by Dr. Now and we have to start looking for a place to stay, borrow an extra vehicle (remember Kirsten?), and/or one of the family members has to find a job." Someone upthread observantly noted that Nicole and her family don't seem capable of thinking even one hour ahead.

Well, when it comes to all of these 600 lb. (and then some) people and their families, exactly how much time lapses between being informed by TLC they're selected and when they're expected to arrive in Houston? The way it's usually stated it's as if they just got off the phone with Dr. Now and--SURPRISE!--they have to move to Houston. I assume that they must know this at least several weeks if not months before the actual initial appointment. Even way before they submit their story to TLC, I assume that they have actually watched the damn show and very well know they will have to move to Houston. Jobs, housing, etc. should be in place but we keep seeing them arriving in Houston with no job, living in motels, and so forth.

Is this just another layer of TLC manufactured bullshit or are these people that dysfunctional?

• Love 7
19 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't understand why they can't find an apartment. Even a cheap hotel costs way more than an apartment. It must be because no one has income, not because there are no apartments available. Or maybe Nikki is on disability and they need to get into section 8 housing, hence the 6 month waiting list. Maybe someone needs to get a job. Even day labor is better than sitting around a hotel room all day. 

I'm thinking all those pets are an issue too.

• Love 2

I think they know what they're getting into before they get anywhere near Dr. Now, which is why they do have all the fast food they can eat on the way. I can't believe the 'somewhat' surprised (not professional actors) reactions to dietary guidelines he gives them at the office visit. It's probably quite a rude awakening actually implementing the diet, but I doubt they went into the unknown. They do know about the show enough to contact it/him for help somehow.

• Love 1

I started out watching this episode completely appalled.  I then moved on to enraged when she was so demanding and bratty.  But as the episode went on I developed a pity for them.  Not the parents - they pissed me off beginning to end for being involved in drugs and screwing up their lives.  But (a) the 2 little kids, (b) the pets and (c) Nicole and Charlie.  There is obviously an addiction trait in this family - first the parents with the drugs, but also Nicole with the food.  And living in a hotel for WEEKS due to lack of resources (which in large part also seems to be a lack of planning - but I get the feeling this family doesn't have a lot of "life skills").   I know I am fed up after a week in a hotel and that's on a nice vacation.  I would be murderous stuck in a hotel for weeks on end with all those people sniping at each other.   Obviously, the "smart" way to go would be to leave the kids and animals at home with Grandma in Ohio and then Charlie and Nicole could easily have found an apartment.   Grandma was taking care of them anyway...so what's the difference?   I give Charlie a pass on being a mouth breather because I think I could hear a nasally voice, indicating sinus issues.   At the end I thought it was sadly-sweet that he bought her a ring (the best he could afford) and loves her and they will try to make a life together.   

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Charlie and Nicole's father were definitely high as kites

I have zero experience in the company of drugged people (thankfully) so I am not a good judge of this.  I give Charlie a pass for  mouth breathing because I believe it is sinuses -  but I did notice that he was sitting there almost asleep.  I thought it was peculiar...maybe lack of oxygen from his sinuses (that was my very naive idea).  Never occurred to me it could be drugs.  Holy cow.  For one thing, it's such a waste of money and they clearly don't have much!!!!

9 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

As much as I was disgusted by these people, I also felt deep sorrow for them. They're uneducated, they're poor, and they're all stuck in their own addictions/mental health issues that I fear that's no recovering from. I know it all comes down to personal choices, but when you're that entrenched in your own mindset (like none of them at all interested in the value of good nutrition or being decent parents) there's really no turning around. 

This 100%.

• Love 2

ok so dr N always asks them to lose 50 lbs.....why did he ask her to only lose 30? was it because he just knew she would fail? I would think the bigger you are, the quicker it comes off.

This episode was so sad and so depressing :(

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Is being 600 pounds some kind of class issue? Almost without exception, the people we see each week are living in total or near poverty. They always seem to be in some crappy house or welfare apartment, wearing rags (or just a cheap sheet), and none of them ever seem to have had a decent job EVER.

There was a guy a year or 2 ago, I think his name was Joe, who had an IT job and lived in a nice brick house, so he obviously was educated and didn't start out poor.  But I agree...it does seem to be the rule, not the exception. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lizz said:

Did she have a Juggalo tat?

She, in fact, did. She also had some Juggalo blanket hanging on the wall behind her (I think it was in her bedroom). Charlie had Juggalo stickers all over his truck and likely all his tats were homages to the Insane Clown Posse as well. I'm sure she'll be hailed as a queen at the Gathering this summer. 

As for white trash food, as a person who was raised on it by white trash parents, I couldn't believe it when, after we moved from the city to the suburbs, I became friends with a wealthy, super smart girl and went to the grocery store with her. There was something called a "produce department?" What was that?! We never had fresh fruit or vegetables in my home. Fruit -- never. Salad -- never. When I asked if we could start buying yogurt once, I was laughed at and was told "we don't eat that in our house." I basically moved in with my friend and her parents in high school and learned how to eat better - even though I was still pretty overweight from years of poor nutrition and bad choices by my parents. Her parents were the role models for me I never had at home and I am grateful to this day for their existence. Nicole needs role models in her life but she will never have any with the people who presently live in her home. And I feel that she will never be a role model to those neglected kids of hers either. This cycle is going to go on in perpetuity in that family.  Weight loss surgery isn't the cure for the real problems there. 

9 hours ago, Kid said:

I thought exactly the same thing!!!!  Also, in a later scene, his eyes were "hooded."  Definitely under the influence in my opinion.  

Also, how could it possibly be a coincidence that an ex-addict rents to people who are dealing drugs?

Maybe I am jaded but I don't buy coincidences. The renters drugs, what a bunch of bs. 

I would never want children in the system that did not need to be. But in this case it might be the only chance those poor babies have, this family is messed up!

• Love 2

Is Dr. Now really the only doctor in the US who operates on 600 lb patients? I remember reading elsewhere that the weight limit of most patients is in the 450-500 lb range. Then again, how many people can there be of this size in the country? How long can they live without the surgery? I know Nicole is the youngest participant this season and it was really shocking to see that she was already nearly 700 lbs at only 23 years old. Had she not had it, could she have reached 1000 lbs and died in a couple of years? 

• Love 1

Charlie is just fine with hosing off Nicole because he would go through hoops of fahr for the woman he loves. Sometimes it's kinda gross, though. 

He meets her in person and he notices her EYES? I'm sorry to be so awful but - COME ON  

God. I suppose he is on commode duty, too  

cannot understand how she got pregnant. Tab A into Slot B? Cannot see how it happened  

i am only about five minutes in and am ALMOST speechless. 

• Love 22
4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Oh yeah, they always seem to follow the obligatory script.  

So sad for those babies.  I'm still watching this, and I don't know whether I'll be able to finish, like others have said.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gardendiva said:

The sliding bed in the hotel scene really made me laugh: "WHAT HOTEL USES WOOD FOR A COCKADOODIE FLOOR?" *

*Kathy Bates in Stephen King's "Misery" movie reference

One of my favorite movies!  Kathy Bates was amazing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm also willing to bet that the participants are enjoying a "last fling" with the food they love. They figure they can load up on fast food cheeseburgers and pizzas and whatever all else revolting food they eat until Dr. Now brings the hammer down.

Pepper Mostly your post is so true. It always fascinates me that from show to show we see many of them eating inhaling the same shit over and over and over again: fast food burgers/cheeseburgers, tacos/burritos, pizza, and the like, all washed down with gallons of soda. They don't even go for a more upscale version of those things for their last, pre-Dr. Now eat-a-thon. I mean, Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food!

Which got me to wondering about what everyone else's "last meal" would be before going on a diet? It changes all the time for me, but since I've been low carbing it for the last few months, right now I'd like a hot, buttery loaf of garlic bread, a giant, very upscale bowl of cioppino washed down with a bottle of Prosecco and couple of cannolis and chocolate gelato for dessert.

How about the rest of you?

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To correct misspelled word.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, spacefly said:

I eat a very low carb diet for a variety of reasons. If you go to many of the Ketogenic Diet sites Pork Rinds are the go to crunch food. Nachos with pork rinds and anything you would use a chip or crumbs for.

If I see Ed I'll have to tell him he was right!  Thank you :)

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, operalover said:

Nicole's description of the epicurean delight that is a fast food cheeseburger was epic. She described the cheese, the warmth, the smell, the feel. I have never in my life! She really shoveled in that plate of mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and Party Mix Meatloaf. I mean we have seen a lot of shovelers but she seemed the fastest eater yet. I did not notice one book for those kids nor one toy. 

All of the money was probably going to feed the addict. There was no money for books or toys for the children. Addicts are the most selfish people that walk the earth.  I grew up in a family of alcoholics.   In this day and age, there is no excuse for not getting recovery. Overeaters anonymous, as is all anonymous programs, is FREE.

Edited by Kid
Correct typo.
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Which got me to wondering about what everyone else's "last meal" would be before going on a diet?

DEFINITELY a big plate of fettuccine alfredo, with creme brulee for dessert ;)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Did Nicole say at one point "I don't want my kids to have to bury me wearing a diaper."???? Was she wearing a diaper because she couldn't get in the bathroom? I haven't been this horrified since the last horrible episode of this show 2 weeks ago.

She meant she didn't want to be buried when her kids were still in diapers, not her in a diaper!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Which got me to wondering about what everyone else's "last meal" would be before going on a diet? It changes all the time for me, but since I've been low carbing it for the last few months, right now I'd like a hot, buttery loaf of garlic bread, a giant, very upscale bowl of cioppino washed down with a bottle of Prosecco and couple of cannolis and chocolate gelato for dessert.

Eggs Benedict with home fries, mimosas, and lemon meringue pie. Or spaghetti carbonara, fresh baked focaccia, and lemon meringue pie. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, smile said:

can somebody else tell if they think those kids should be taken away?  Those poor children.

Former social worker here... Despite how badly we feel for those kids and how we all want to take them home with us, there was no cause for removal. The govt just wants the kids to have a roof over their heads, food to eat, proper medical care, and an education. Unfortunately, there are far worse cases out there and resources are scarce.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

The thing is, she was already huge before her father started doing drugs and went to jail.  I kept waiting to hear what early childhood issues got her started.

She mentioned that the episodes of homelessness/poverty and food scarcity in her childhood caused her to eat with abandon at the soup kitchens because she felt that she never knew where the next meal might come from, which makes sense.

As for the poverty/obesity link: it seems to be a cycle.  Poor families tend to be less educated; their knowledge/understanding of nutrition is more limited and thus their choices are not as good.  They eat poorly; they can develop diseases such as diabetes and its associated problems (vascular disease, kidney disease), they are unable to work.  And the poverty cycle continues.

The way Nicole and Charlie sniped at each other on the trip to Houston was no better than a couple of eight-year-olds, complete with the "nyaa nyaa" tone. I get that he loves her, but they are terrible role models for their children.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

All of the money was probably going to feed the addict. There was no money for books or toys for the children. Addicts are the most selfish people that walk the earth.  I grew up in a family of alcoholics.   In this day and age, there is no excuse for not getting recovery. Overeaters anonymous, as is all anonymous programs, is FREE.

Yes but you have say you are an addict.  Grew up with an alcoholic  mother, she  was always  " fine" she had no problems , she could  drink that  1/2 gallon  of vodka in 3 days thank you very much and still take care of things so no problem  here.

• Love 2

I'd like to add that I can't imagine a more idyllic morning than waking up, shouting for my husband (in his "exercise? I thought you said EXTRA FRIES" t-shirt) to bring me my bedroom potato chips and eating them in front of my potty chair (which has yet to be emptied).

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
5 hours ago, operalover said:

If I remember correctly, she even rhapsodized about "that hot wrapper cheese" when you first unwrap the burger. Like, yo, I'm a girl who loves burgers too, but damn, at least TRY to play it cool, homie!

Edited by AllisonWonderland
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Pepper Mostly your post is so true. It always fascinates me that from show to show we see many of them eating inhaling the same shit over and over and over again: fast food burgers/cheeseburgers, tacos/burritos, pizza, and the like, all washed down with gallons of soda. They don't even go for a more upscale version of those things for their last, pre-Dr. Now eat-a-thon. I mean, Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food!

Steak, salad and CHEESECAKE (and lots of it).

12 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Charlie's quote of the day:  "The first time I saw Nicole, my jaw dropped."  I guess it got stuck that way.

LOL

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

As for the poverty/obesity link: it seems to be a cycle.  Poor families tend to be less educated; their knowledge/understanding of nutrition is more limited and thus their choices are not as good.  They eat poorly; they can develop diseases such as diabetes and its associated problems (vascular disease, kidney disease), they are unable to work.  And the poverty cycle continues.

this is interesting, because it wasn't always so.  My parents (I understood when I started paying my own bills) were probably almost poor!  I didn't know it because they didn't burden a kid with that kind of info, but money was TIGHT.  Yet, mom cooked healthy dinners.  And she came from a family that was actually poor (post-war England) and THEY ate fine (not great, but healthy).  Why do you think it is that now poor = obese when it didn't used to?

• Love 4

Wtf! 

How does Penny, yes Penny of the poop pad wedge in her cheeks and let me make you some wontons while sitting in my urine, look good suddenly.

This was beyond trash, beyond disgusting and how the hell are those babies still worth them? I live in a nice area surrounded by nice areas and if you even raise your voice to your kids CPS and the police are at your door and will take them, I kid you not.  This drugged up abusive half brained cretins have these babies?

Dr. Now has an obligation to report them to CPS, I love Dr.  Now but he knew what was up.

And hi, I am bought my ticket to hell already.

I have been reading here and laughing awhile but this..this atrocious family of trash and what I see as denial by a state mandated reporter has brought me out of lurkdom.

And I still despise Penny and that dog on a leash Edgar.

• Love 4