Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Nicole's Story

Azubah
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Marilee said:

They look dirty too. What's getting to me is the fact that these little ones are toddling around in the background and riding for hours in a hot car with no a/c, the "adults" are at each other's throats and their grandma is a hateful old witch to them, yet I haven't heard them crying or getting fussy. Most kids would be pitching 50 fits but they're not making a sound. That's scary as hell and a bad, bad, really bad warning sign of severe neglect. They look disconnected from their surroundings and that makes me think Reactive Attachment Disorder. I may be overthinking it but I was diagnosed with RAD at 3. I was adopted along with my brother and sister from Serbia at 16 months old. If they start showing these kids in increasingly worse surroundings emotionally and physically as this family starts to self destruct I'm not going to be able to watch till the end.

You're right...

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

It was cornflakes

Thanks poeticlicensed. Geez, cornflakes; what an absolute foodie she is!

Too bad there aren't any fast food places that have salads, roast chicken, diet sodas, etc. Oh wait they do. 

• Love 14

I don't think I've ever wanted to slap some sense into someone, as bad as I do this "human." Good grief, will she ever take responsibility? Poor mouth breathing Charlie....it's all his fault. And her moms. And her dads. And her kids. And the dogs, etc., etc. Poor Nicole. Poor, poor Nicole. Pour poor Nicole an extra large Coke. Ugh.

• Love 10

I don't think I've ever wanted to slap some sense into someone, as bad as I do this "human." Good grief, will she ever take responsibility? Poor mouth breathing Charlie....it's all his fault. And her moms. And her dads. And her kids. And the dogs, etc., etc. Poor Nicole. Poor, poor Nicole. Pour poor Nicole an extra large Coke. Ugh.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Thanks poeticlicensed. Geez, cornflakes; what an absolute foodie she is!

Too bad there aren't any fast food places that have salads, roast chicken, diet sodas, etc. Oh wait they do. 

Even Chik-fil-A has grilled nuggets! No breading = no carbs.

• Love 6

Wasn't she the apple of her father's eye until well into her teenage years and before he was sent to prison?  Not to downplay the trauma of her parents' drug use and her father's conviction, but she was well loved by him.  The mother, on the other hand  . . .

• Love 5

I don't understand why they can't find an apartment. Even a cheap hotel costs way more than an apartment. It must be because no one has income, not because there are no apartments available. Or maybe Nikki is on disability and they need to get into section 8 housing, hence the 6 month waiting list. Maybe someone needs to get a job. Even day labor is better than sitting around a hotel room all day. 

• Love 13
Just now, EE2000 said:

I figure he was letting them stay there for drugs.    That seems like a reaction you'd see on Intervention when an addict is denied their drug or can't get it.    

Spot on. This is what I assumed, too.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BXD said:

The subleasing tenants were totally her parent's dealers and they took the fall for them FOR SURE

She's lucky they didn't get evicted (that's IF the landlord knows what happened). I bet they had no right to lease the back apartment. For most landlords, if the police raid, if there's damage like we saw, even if the police did it, you're gone. 

I bet the dad was so overwrought because he doesn't know if the dealer is going to rat him out. 

• Love 8
Just now, EE2000 said:

I figure he was letting them stay there for drugs.    That seems like a reaction you'd see on Intervention when an addict is denied their drug or can't get it.    

I didn't even think about that.  That's exactly what he was reacting to.  So, so sad.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Sub-leasing the garage, without permission from the landlord no doubt. Drug raid. Made her lift her belly to look for drugs? Damn, Houston PD is hardcore. Just when you thought their life couldn't get any trashier!

As aside, I think I need a significant amount of liquor to get through this, but all the ABC stores are closed in Virginia dammit! Oh, the humanity...............

Yep you do not want to mess up in Houston . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kittyinthecity said:

I think it was Grippos - local brand of chips. She had them in her cart I believe...(I've since moved from the area and have an eagle eye for them)

Ah, Grippos! Personally, I prefer their pretzels. Salt bomb they are, but they'll stand up to any dip you throw at 'em.

I missed the first few minutes, which is apparently when the Porch Hosing of Shame took place. I can't say I'm entirely upset about that...

• Love 2
(edited)

This woman is despicable. All she has done is whine about the lack of support. Her parents are raising her kids, they went to Houston with her to take care of those kids, the boyfriend is is at her beck and call. And all she does is whine about the lack of support. And I simply do not understand why those children are still in that household and have not been taken out of it.  

All she talks about is having to do this for her kids,  having to do that for her kids,  when in reality she does nothing for anybody but herself  and cares for no one but herself. Typical addict. I doubt the weight-loss surgery will work long term because I believe she sees it as a quick fix.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 15

I have to say the pool is a great idea for people of this weight. It has to be easier to get some kind of workout when half of their huge body is floating.

Nicole is just an all around terrible person and mother. Those children are completely neglected and when they aren't ignored they are screamed at. They are totally used to it and stay silent most of the time. So very sad

• Love 15

did anyone notice the dad smoking a cigar around the little ones? God, they are just a big steaming pile of bad decisions.. And why couldn't they find an apartment? They can't come up with $850 a month between 4 adults?

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

I had to stop watching and will rely on what is said in this thread.      My heart is breaks for those poor babies, the neglect is just too much.

Yep I just decided I'm out too. I'm flipping the channel to The Big Bang Theory, nothing like a little quality time with the second fave dr. in my life, Dr. Sheldon Cooper!

• Love 4