Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E13: Brand Like A Boss

The final four learn what it takes to be a brand ambassador as they are challenged to replicate and properly execute the Rimmel look. The models are tasked with shooting a commercial featuring Rimmel’s waterproof makeup.

On 2/25/2017 at 9:36 PM, b73142 said:

So they aren't going abroad this cycle?  

Doesn't look like it. They didn't in the last 2 cycles either, did they? I think I remember Las Vegas was as far as they went last year. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Doesn't look like it. They didn't in the last 2 cycles either, did they? I think I remember Las Vegas was as far as they went last year. 

Yeah, the joke was that eventually they'd end up travelling to exotic Bakersfield for some go sees at the local strip mall.

• Love 6

What. The. Heck.

WHAT THE HECK.

I'm really starting to think that Coryanne's mom has some secret dealings with this cycle.

WHAT THE EFF.

The only heartening thing is knowing that a lot of the "losers" from this show eventually go onto do great things.

It's so weird, though, that all the social media things that the official ANTM account is doing are basically GIFs of India and Courtney so they KNOW that they are the two most popular models. Unfortunately this isn't shot live so it's going to be so frustrating if Coryanne wins, especially since she is consistently among the least popular models online (in terms of photo likes on the official Facebook page) and social media is what this cycle is supposed to be all about.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, niklj said:

It's so weird, though, that all the social media things that the official ANTM account is doing are basically GIFs of India and Courtney so they KNOW that they are the two most popular models.

. . . Courtney's popular?  She sure isn't here, from what I've gathered from past episode threads.

9 minutes ago, Vyk said:

. . . Courtney's popular?  She sure isn't here, from what I've gathered from past episode threads.

Based on social media statistics she's pretty popular--she has almost 90k followers on Instagram vs say the 50k followers on Instagram Tatiana has. She has 2k followers on FB vs. the 1k followers Coryanne has. 

I liked the makeup challenge, that was fun.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, niklj said:

I liked the makeup challenge, that was fun.

The last really good one I remember was the one in cycle fifteen that Esther won.  That was also fun.  But this was definitely something better.

Having seen Coryanne's mother, I definitely think she is stunning.  I can see how she made it so big as a model in her day.

India wins yet again.  She might've given cycle fourteen's Krista or cycle fifteen's Ann a run for her money in terms of winning streaks.

Not sad to see the back of Courtney.  Her face is striking, but that is literally all that's good about her.  Honestly, with Drew's clear hatred for her, there was no way she was gonna win, anyway.

Very happy with this F3, though I think India has it in the bag.  It's pretty much a fight for second between Coryanne and Tatiana.

• Love 1

Here's the thing, Courtney is a great editorial model. However, the winner has to film commercials and do the dumb sort of press and retailer meet and greets that Courtney sucks at. I'm sure that Rimmel is subsidizing a decent amount of this show through ads. It makes no sense for the show to pick a girl who would be fantastic for Balmain, Rick Owens, or whomever, but couldn't even crank out a usable Rimmel commercial.

• Love 9

Mmm-kaaay. I get that Tatiana was the most knowledgeable about the industry, but her show edit didn't give her much of a personality. She rarely excelled in the competition. Coryanne was very inconsistent, but she did have a good story. But does Rimmel care about her story when they shoot a commercial??? And Courtney gets called out for RBF, but then at panel she has a big grin on her face. She's been psyched out for the last couple of episodes...All they had to do is tell "who farted?" and she'd've loosened up. It's India's competition to lose. And Tyra next week!!!

• Love 3

Ok, pretty much what I expected. Having been cursed with RBF myself, I feel for Courtney. Winning this thing has rarely been a ticket to the big leagues though, it's usually a hindrance, so if Courtney is really serious about modeling finishing in the top four is actually better for a career.

• Love 8
(edited)

Again, I agree with Law with regards to Tatiana. I just don't see her face selling make-up. Her face lacks angles.

I watched India's video a couple of times. She is just so darn adorable! And her video is the only one that showed an arc: running from the rain, hiding in the phone booth a bit bummed (she did the big sigh), put make-up on and then BANG! Everyone else didn't successfully portray how the make-up cheered them up. And she looked so youthful, I would have believed she is 16 in that commercial.

Coryanne looked old again in the last shot.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 17
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Doesn't look like it. They didn't in the last 2 cycles either, did they?

I  THINK they went to South Korea in 21, but I could be wrong, at that point I was only watching the show in reruns.  I'm beginning to think there won't be go sees either, which seals this shows fate as far as I'm concerned.  Not only cheap, but you might as well slap a disclaimer about being even vaguely legit across the top. However, if the whole idea is to increase media presence for the winner, have at it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have loved India since the first episode, and nothing has happened since to make that affection wane. There's really no way she should lose this, except that Tatiana maybe has a bigger "personality" and might be a better walker. The development deal with VH1 is interesting as I really have no idea what kind of a TV show/project they are angling for.

Coryanne is stunning in person, but she has not really done anything memorable this entire competition. 

I started off disliking Courtney, but came around to not minding her really. Her quote last week about Cody looking like a unicorn crapped on her was one of the most hilarious things I've heard on a reality TV show in awhile. I reckon she could have a career, but isn't she already like 25?

Rita is bad enough, but now we have to deal with her assorted family and friends and well? Fix it, Jesus.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 3

I feel kinda bad for Courtney.  In any real modelling competition, she would never have gone home before 50-year-old Cory-Anne or Too-Cool-For-School-No-Facial-Expressions-Can't-Wear-Make-Up Tatianna.  But Courtney can't dance or be a VH1 presenter, so obviously that means she should leave the modelling competition!

• Love 15

I hope India wins.

Don't trust this panel and I think they are so impressed with Tatiana's skin care line, that I'm worried. Tatiana, IMHO, has zero personality. Also, stop talking about what a boss you are. Let others, who ARE the judges, be the judges of that. Not that this group WILL judge properly. I really like Drew and Law and they make good points, but Rita and Ashley drive me crazy.

I've never been able to figure out who/what/when/where/ WHY Rita Ora. I know she was a judge on The Voice UK one season. And I've heard she's a model, but she seems very Kardashian-like to me: either "famous" because she's "famous," or wants to be famous because she's famous. No discernible interest there. I miss crazy-ass Tyra.

And I don't care for Ashley's personality. I super duper applaud her for being a "body activist" or whatever she calls herself. And she is lovely to look at. But other than that, meh.

I know it's continuing for next season, I guess, but haven't watched the last 3 episodes; just been coming here to see what transpired and who got sent home. Think I'm out completely, going forward.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, delicatecutter said:

The development deal with VH1 is interesting as I really have no idea what kind of a TV show/project they are angling for.

I mentioned in another thread, but I would totally watch a show that followed India as she balanced trying to have a modeling career with her charity work. I threw in Courtney as her roommate. I would watch the two of them head off to go sees, go on road trips together and put together fashion shows for the handicapped. India has such a presence and a light to her that I think she could be an inspiration to younger women and seeing her do her charity work would be inspire others to get more involved. Not that VH-1 really cares. They probably want someone who shouts at us about how awesome they are all the time. But I can say without a doubt India is the ONLY one out of this bunch who I would follow to another show. I don't care if I never see any of the others again. Don't hate them, just don't care enough to follow them.

• Love 8

India for the win! Her Rimmel video was by far the best. Her eyes are her best feature so they were perfect for selling the eye makeup.

I disagree with Courtney being eliminated. I didn't like her all that much at the beginning, but she grew on me. She probably had the best confessionals with the comments she would make. Putting that aside, she definitely should've made it to the top three over Coryanne or Tatiana based on modeling alone.

• Love 12

Eh, top three was spoiled before the show even started airing so, meh.  Courtney will be fine.  She is more of a print model.  I think this is India's thing to lose.  I would be surprised if Tati or Cory win though I know some folks are getting angry at the idea of Cory winning.  I just don't see it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, delicatecutter said:

Coryanne is stunning in person, but she has not really done anything memorable this entire competition. 

Funny I was paying more attention to the intro this time and thought "That girl in the red bow is stunning-- who is that? Which one is Coryanne?" And I see that she's now got this frizzy hairstyle. I thought she looked much better before her makeover. I know that was ages ago, but I only half pay attention to this show :)

5 hours ago, Canada said:

I feel kinda bad for Courtney.  In any real modelling competition, she would never have gone home before 50-year-old Cory-Anne or Too-Cool-For-School-No-Facial-Expressions-Can't-Wear-Make-Up Tatianna.  But Courtney can't dance or be a VH1 presenter, so obviously that means she should leave the modelling competition!

11 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Ok, pretty much what I expected. Having been cursed with RBF myself, I feel for Courtney. Winning this thing has rarely been a ticket to the big leagues though, it's usually a hindrance, so if Courtney is really serious about modeling finishing in the top four is actually better for a career.

Courtney is a print and maybe a runway model. But for the next year Rimmel and VH1 need a model who can do more than that. They need a model who is beautiful, takes great pictures, can be approachably appealing, can speak extemporaneously, and can do commercials and events. Courtney is just not up to the job that they are competing for. Gigi Hadid can't walk, but she takes great pictures. She can do commercials and interviews with ease. She did an episode of Lip Sync Battle. She cohosted the AMAs even if it wasn't as successful as it could have been. She's been doing press for Tommy Hilfiger collaboration. Considering that the season explicitly started off on this beauty, boss, business, branding theme, Courtney really only satisfies one aspect of the competition.

She'll be fine. She's done good work in the competition. I'm sure it has helped with her bookings. I'm always shocked how old she is because she looks younger than 25 or at least she looks younger than the twins who look ancient. I've never thought Coryanne looked particularly old. I liked Paige a lot, but I thought she looked so old.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, waving feather said:

Again, I agree with Law with regards to Tatiana. I just don't see her face selling make-up. Her face lacks angles.

I watched India's video a couple of times. She is just so darn adorable! And her video is the only one that showed an arc: running from the rain, hiding in the phone booth a bit bummed (she did the big sigh), put make-up on and then BANG! Everyone else didn't successfully portray how the make-up cheered them up. And she looked so youthful, I would have believed she is 16 in that commercial.

Coryanne looked old again in the last shot.

You said it all for me, waving feather.

I love Law.  He usually says exactly what I'm thinking.

Ashley Graham can go away at any time now.  First of all, I don't consider her a "super model"--they're way too generous with that label.  Secondly, if she says, "At the end of the day..." one more time, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I don't know why they're so infatuated with boring-ass Coryanne.  I did think she did a good job at the make-up challenge but that commercial was no bueno.

I've warmed up to Courtney so, of course, she's gone.  Her RBF explanation was kind of endearing.

India for the win--hands down.

• Love 7

I understand Courtney's pain re: RBF because I definitely have it. However, knowing I have RBF, I'd never attempt to be a model where I have to be all giggly and youthful either. There was no way she'd have every been able to win ANTM. They're not looking for a model, they're looking for a reality show branding puppet who takes good instagram photos and videos. 

I still can't believe Coryanne is still here. She should have been gone like 7 weeks ago. And there is nothing about Tatiana that stands out. Even contouring and makeup doesn't make her face pop. There's just not any striking feature that makes people do a double-take. 

• Love 8

They need to replace the body activist who says everyone is great. 

I'm in the "that was bullshit" camp. I don't understand how Tatiana wasn't at least bottom 2 given the criticism she got. And frolicking in the rain...won't make this brand stand out. 

I don't want to watch the finale as much now, and I loved this cycle at the beginning. Sigh. They've made some bad calls. 

I think I miss Tyra. 

• Love 8

There was a moment at the beginning of panel with Rita was yapping on about the prizes when the showed Courtney with a slight little smile on her face that really came out through her eyes. In that moment, she was stunning and approachable. She needs to figure out how to do that on cue.

So...did they use temporary hair color on India or is her hair actually that impervious to dye? I have never seen hair reject color that way.

God bless 'em , they really did try to make the mother/daughter supermodel storyline work. They gave it everything they had. They gave cory every chance to pull ahead, even to flying her mom in. All to no avail. Cory just doesn't have "it."

Nice that they flew the moms in for - what? 45 minutes? All I could think was how much fun Courtney and Tatiana's mom's must've been having, sitting in a hotel room staring at the wall because their daughters didn't win.

And her video is the only one that showed an arc: running from the rain, hiding in the phone booth a bit bummed (she did the big sigh), put make-up on and then BANG! Everyone else didn't successfully portray how the make-up cheered them up.

Is that what that was supposed to be about? Thank you for explaining that. Because I was not grasping it. Why cover your head to run into the phone booth, and then come out and get soaked? Just because you have waterproof eye products on now and they wouldn't run? But you weren't wearing any eye makeup before you went into the booth, so why worry about getting wet on the way in? You know what? I still don't get it.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

There was a moment at the beginning of panel with Rita was yapping on about the prizes when the showed Courtney with a slight little smile on her face that really came out through her eyes. In that moment, she was stunning and approachable. She needs to figure out how to do that on cue.

This! Courtney has the face, which can't be taught, it is what it is. But she has some personality issues which can be taught. If she learns to stop with the excuses and overcome her issues like RBF, which, as you said, we see she is capable of in moments like the one you mentioned and Harry Potter, she won't need a damned thing from this show. She can make it just fine on her own. She just needs a modeling coach.

Coreyanne also has a face that could do great in modeling but there is something just not there. I can't even say what it is. She just has no spark.

Tatiana is just not a model. Maybe she can do some Target ads or catalogs but she just does not have a face for modeling. She seems lovely and should stick to her face cream company.

India is the most like what they are looking for. She takes amazing pictures because she has a face that is just unbelievably versatile but she's got the bubbly, TV ready personality to go with it.

They are idiots if they pick anyone but India for the win given what the prizes are, the Rimmel contract, the VH-1 contract. I just can't see anyone else capable of doing both TV and print stuff.

• Love 10

@Mabinogia I completely agree. Courtney has the face, but she doesn't have the personality and they don't have the time or luxury of having her learn to look approachable on the job.

Coryanne has a blankness that makes her unappealing.

If you've seen House of DVF, where young women compete to be a Global Brand Ambassador for Diane von Furstenberg, Tatianna would be perfect for that.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Coreyanne is beautiful, but she doesn't take great photos. I think her eyes tend to look "sleepy" in pictures sometimes. She also looks older than 19 in many of her photos, imo.  

I think India should win but my gut feeling is that she will come in second. I think either Tatiana or Coreyanne will be stronger in the final challenge and that will matter more to the judges than the girls' entire bodies of work which is what the judges claim to have been judging up until now. I hope I am wrong because I think India deserves it the most based on her overall performance in this competition. 

Overall, I am not impressed with the ANTM reboot and probably won't watch another season.

Edited by EVS

Can't say I keeled over with shock when Courtney went home, she's been sliding for a while, though her challenge wins should have counted for something.  I KNEW Tatiana would be top three, and Coryanne, actually.  That left India and Courtney, and India has been far stronger lately.  I'll catch it for this, but I was unaware RBF was an disability to be overcome.  That Rimmel shoot was kind of lame.  Those stills we saw, to me, everyone's face looked super flat, I don't know if it was the angles or what.  The finale is going to be something to behold. 

• Love 2

While I think Courtney is astronomically better as a model than Tatiana, her commercial was low energy, especially at the beginning.  Although it's hardly her fault that the camera focused on her boots so much.

Either this is India's competition to lose or the fix is in for Coryanne because of her story.  I can't decided which.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sourpickles said:

Those stills we saw, to me, everyone's face looked super flat, I don't know if it was the angles or what.

Coreyanne looks especially flat at certain angles. She's a straight to camera girl for me. I do think her mama has gotten her far, and was slightly surprised she wasn't booted after we got to meet mommy. Figured that was why she was still around.

• Love 2

I think there's a huge fix in for CoryAnne, because of who her mom is.  Her mom who has been mentioned on a weekly basis and appeared after CoryAnne just happened to win the challenge where the prize is a visit from your mom!!  It's obvious that India deserves to win this, but I don't think it's going to happen.  They'll find some BS reason about why she's just not the right person.

• Love 3

I still don't think Cory is winning (mother or not).  Okay, so the show possibly thought there would be some great story because of her mom but that wasn't the case.

Since we know this show doesn't base elims or wins on "body of work" (even if they like to pay it lip service) it's still India's to lose.  Of course, this show has used the final runway as an excuse to crown a winner that probably didn't deserve it but I'd buy that happening if this was more of the kind of season where a girl is going to get an actual modeling contract which is not the case this time.  Even not letting the public vote like in past cycles can't possibly have blinded TPTB that except for her comp card pic that Cory was not a big fan favorite.  For a prize that keeps emphasizing a talent deal with VH1, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that anyone but India wins.

Frankly, I'm just hoping that next cycle is better (models, challenges, photo shoots though that would take a miracle) especially taking into consideration the steadily sliding ratings this cycle.  This show would want to fix all the problems it can especially since we're getting the same judges.

• Love 1

I will be surprised if CoryAnn wins. She's very pretty, but there is just no there there. I knew who her mother was- not by name but by pictures.  I don't consider her a former supermodel. She was very successful, but in a Glamour magazine way, not Vogue. And this is harsh, but she has something of a druggy vibe to me. Lisa Bonetish.

I won't even get into Tatiana. Not a model, period.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think the public is good at picking models most of the time.  At least not models who'd actually work.  This cycle the favorite (early on anyway) was Justine.  She's still the most popular social media-wise.

Some of the other NTMs would also beg to differ based on the choices made for winners by the public.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

And there is nothing about Tatiana that stands out. Even contouring and makeup doesn't make her face pop. There's just not any striking feature that makes people do a double-take.

The best thing I can say about Tatiana is she looks a lot like Gabrielle Union.  Other than that, I'm always shocked when the judges gush over her.  I don't think her photos have been all that great.  They've been so blah, I don't even remember any of them.  I do like CoryAnne though.  Some of her photos that I thought looked amazing, the judges thought were no good.  I guess I don't have an eye for what makes a good model.  I just feel for CoryAnne because the judges are trying to rate her on her mother's standards instead of as her own individual self.  I don't think it's fair that they think she should know more because her mother was a model.  She said her mother has had problems and I wonder if it was drugs.  If so, you can't expect her to have learned very much from her mother.  They really need to stop throwing that legacy bullshit in her face.

I agree that this is India's to lose.  It's funny because to me she looks old in person, but the camera really loves her face.  Plus, the fact that she looks so much like Gigi Hadid is highly in her favor.

The resemblance is uncanny between Gabrielle Union and Tatiana!

Gabrielle abc_gma_davis_130625_wg.jpg                      

Tatiana 01-antm.w710.h473.jpg

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I really wish that Justine had gone further in the competition.  I don't know that we really got a chance to see what she can do.  She went home after the first (stupid) photoshoot which involved lying on top of a bunch of guys.  And the only chance she had to come back was in a dancing challenge.  I would have loved to see what she could have done in other photoshoots.

• Love 4
On 3/2/2017 at 1:28 AM, Vyk said:

It's pretty much a fight for second between Coryanne and Tatiana.

Is it really though? I'm with everyone else here - it should be India's, which would be awesome. But how many freakin' times have they alluded to Tatiana being top model material, or something along those lines. Ugh. And then Coryanne. I still can't figure it. She comes across so dull and boring and sleepy-looking in all her photos. Her look has never seemed like anything special at all.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:22 AM, delicatecutter said:

...Tatiana maybe has a bigger "personality" and might be a better walker. ..

Have they really walked at all since falling into a pile of men at the beginning? How would we know who's best at this point? Such a contrast to Australia's NTM, which is heavy on catwalk.

9 hours ago, sourpickles said:

I was unaware RBF was an disability to be overcome. 

I can't speak for the modeling world, but in the work world and the dating world, it really can be a hindrance if people always interpret you as icy/bored/angry/upset/unapproachable when you're not. It pretty much sucks.

• Love 9

Catwalk has never really been all that much on ANTM (I mean compared to something like Make Me A Supermodel where there was catwalk stuff every epi before panel).  It would probably suck but it wouldn't be shocking if they based the win on the final catwalk.  And no, they've pretty much had no runway training at all this cycle which is why basing the decision on the final runway makes no sense.  Especially since again, there is no modeling contract this cycle.  The choice for winner would seem obvious based on body of work however previous editions of ANTM have thrown that out of the window and there's no saying that that wouldn't be the same case this cycle.

If Tati or Cory by some miracle do win, there better had been some serious stuff that happened in the last epi for the winner to be anyone but India and heck, I don't even think India's all that.