Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Valerie helps Archie prepare for his performance in the school's annual variety show, which doesn't sit well with Josie; Betty and Jughead's investigation leads to a home for troubled youth and a face-to-face with Polly; Veronica's improving relationship with her mother takes a hit after an unexpected betrayal. Also, Josie deals with her own issues at home after her overbearing father returns to see her perform at the variety show; and Hermoine begins work at Andrew's Construction.

Looks like we will be getting to know Josie and Valerie a bit more. Plus we get to see Polly! Also Veronica's relationship with her mom IMPROVES after she found out her mom is a criminal? Welp she decreases in likeability now

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

Maybe Veronica realizes that even though her mother's a criminal she's not a psychotic asshole like everyone else in that towns mother's. Between Betty's mom and Cheryl's mom I'd side with Veronica's mom too.  

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Maybe Veronica realizes that even though her mother's a criminal she's not a psychotic asshole like everyone else in that towns mother's. Between Betty's mom and Cheryl's mom I'd side with Veronica's mom too.  

LOL agreed! Man Cheryls mom is the WORST!!

• Love 3
(edited)

This was probably my favorite episode of the show so far!  

I think I like every character, except Archie, and that has kept me from really enjoying the show.  I felt like he was fairly marginalized this episode, as his s/l was all about the variety show.   For me, it meant that all the other characters worked better.  

I like Jughead and Betty.  Away from Archie, Betty is a far more interesting character.  And Jughead it totally my favorite.  Can the show just be him being wonderful?!  While Jug and Betty are cute, I wouldn't have minded them being more platonic a while longer.  If it had to be romance, a slow burn of a solid friendship turning into something more would have been great.

The Josie and the Pussycats thing feels so weird and dated with the tone of the rest of the show.

ETA:  Oh, Polly. Girl,  you in danger.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 12

People have commented on the way the show often feels like it's mixing different eras, fittingly enough for something based on a comics series that's been running for 75 years -- in this case, the clearly pre-O'Connor v. Donaldson asylum Polly has been involuntarily committed to.

If I was Valerie's agent, I'd be telling her she's still getting a pretty raw deal if she's really the Pussycats' irreplaceable songwriter and the most she's being allowed is singing co-lead on the bridges of their songs.

The closeup on that Covergirl mascara tube is right up there with infamous F150 moment on Alias in terms of on-the-nose product placement, but hey, do what ya gotta do to stay on the air.

Nice to see more development for Josie, and yet more competitors enter the "worst parent in Riverdale" sweepstakes, though Alice and Penelope are still out in front.

• Love 8
(edited)

Once again everyone else is dealing with their crazy and/or evil  family and Archie has stage fright.  Although Archie's dad is just as boring as he is. 

Betty is probably the most interesting person on the show.  Her storyline this episode was predictably the best of the episode.  Fighting/accusing her parents,  going to see her definitely pregnant / possibly crazy sister, and she even had time to be kissed by Jughead.

Poor Jughead though.  Must be tough to take your shot at a girl and to have her be thinking of  cars.  

Sorry Veronica you may not want to get involved with your mother's shady shenanigans but you are involved.  

I didn't think Archie's song was great but it wasn't horrible either.  Not sure he has talent to be the most talented ever. He should stick with being the best football player ever.

Edited by Chaos Theory
My phone likes making up words
  • Love 7

I loved the bit at the beginning, where Jughead said " we wait for morning, and hope the monsters will go away." Fade to present day and he continues, "But they never do, not really" as we see Alice bring the laundry into Betty's room.

• Love 6

They should've done a few more audience reaction shots for during the Pussycats number. There were quite a few extras with what-the-fuck-am-I-watching looks on their faces. 

Alice cracking up at the thought of her husband killing anyone was hilarious. I laughed as hard as she did. 

• Love 15

I know I'm the only one, but I like Archie and his chemistry with the others (now that the little paedophile teacher was ditched in pretty good). Hell I like all of them (well not some off the parents). What I don't like is the Betty/Jughead romance. I also wish Reggie was featured a little more.

I also am a little shocked Jughead left the car unattended to go get the sheriff (I know betty did too, that didn't surprised me). If you texted the guy have him come out there after texting him the photos!!

Mom and dad Cooper are screwed when those kids turn 18. Hope that vendetta was worth losing your daughters over.

• Love 11

Good Lord almost all the parents in this show are horrible. Alice and Hal are crazy. Josie's dad is a asshole, her mom THE MAYOR is a criminal along with Veronica's parents. The Blossoms are Are also Horrible. 

Another very good episode tonight. The theory that Polly is Pregant is true, wonder where she went and are we to believe she set that car on fire? Loved Betty/Jughead sleuthing and shit Juggy should be getting Betty to say Archie Who? Eventually lol. 

7 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I loved the bit at the beginning, where Jughead said " we wait for morning, and hope the monsters will go away." Fade to present day and he continues, "But they never do, not really" as we see Alice bring the laundry into Betty's room.

Lol that was great. Speaking off I wanted Betty to go off on them the way her parents were talking to her after they brought her home from her trip to see Polly.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

They should've done a few more audience reaction shots for during the Pussycats number. There were quite a few extras with what-the-fuck-am-I-watching looks on their faces. 

Alice cracking up at the thought of her husband killing anyone was hilarious. I laughed as hard as she did. 

That scene made me think that it will turn out that Hal Killed Jason. 

4 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

I know I'm the only one, but I like Archie and his chemistry with the others (now that the little paedophile teacher was ditched in pretty good). Hell I like all of them (well not some off the parents). What I don't like is the Betty/Jughead romance. I also wish Reggie was featured a little more.

I also am a little shocked Jughead left the car unattended to go get the sheriff (I know betty did too, that didn't surprised me). If you texted the guy have him come out there after texting him the photos!!

Mom and dad Cooper are screwed when those kids turn 18. Hope that vendetta was worth losing your daughters over.

Oh yes Betty will Hightail to College preferably far away when she graduates and turns 18 for sure. 

• Love 2

So Betthead is happening. I liked the little asylum adventure. And apparently Polly has super strength, as she did a number on that window! I hope she and Baby Blossom hold the Coopers and Blossoms hostage next week!

Josie has some Daddy issues, reworking the one-long-orgasm song by Donna Summer (who has an awesome catalog that could work for a girl group!) into something she thinks will impress her Dad, and then being crushed when he leaves early (Jerk!).

Archie's song was awful, and his voice is thin. Valerie looked so proud. She may have hearing issues.

I like that the kids know who Yoko is, but not Dylan or Josephine Baker.

Not happy with Veronica's mom, but how exactly DOES a minor become an officer? She would need her parent's co-sign in any case, so her signature is essentially meaningless, right?

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I like that the kids know who Yoko is, but not Dylan or Josephine Baker.

I don't know about Dylan, but I'd say kids are a million times more likely to be familiar with Yoko Ono than Josephine Baker.  The idea of a "Yoko moment" is a durable pop culture concept (even having its own TV Trope entry).

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 5

First time watching live and posting here. Enjoyed the episode.

Don't really have a problem with Archie. He does work well with the other cast members. Though I do think he needs to be involved more in the main mystery plot because his side plots aren't nearly as entertaining as the rest of the show. Also if you want to become a musician learn some freaking musical history. Seriously not knowing who Dylan was.

Amazing Veronica's mom actually asked Veronica to sign the forms before she forged Veronica's signature. Figured she would have just forged the signature to begin with. Also amazing that forging your daughter's signature to help your possible new lover doesn't even crack the top three of worst parental actions in this episode.

Archie's dad continues to be a good parent who encourages his son which makes him tied with the sheriff for probably the best parents in town.

Have enjoyed Betty with each passing episode especially some of her dorky/quirky qualities. I laughed when adjusted her ponytail before going into the place Polly was kept like she was preparing for battle.

Hoping we get a good Veronica-centric episode soon.

• Love 12

Seriously where was Cheryl? Did that Crazy Biotch Mother of hers lock her up? Also looking forward to next weeks episode as it looks Jughead Centric and he's my favorite Male character . Ybrik I agree with ya hopefully we get a Veronica Episode soon. Speaking of the gorgeous Ms Lodge she was WERKING that cat Leotard . 

• Love 4

I think I am in the minority in that I am not impressed or especially entertained by Betty Cooper.  And I actually like Archie Andrews.  He's good looking if unremarkable and that isn't always a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

I did miss Cheryl Blossom this episode and actually found myself worrying about her since the last time we saw her she was in that House of Horrors with her parents. For my money, she is the most interesting aspect of the Jason Blossom mess, I'm not overly curious about Polly or anyone else involved.

LOVED that Veronica was a little closer to her more infamous characteristics.  Self-centered, a little petty but ultimately harmless.  Whether she was sliding in between Archie and Valerie at the  lunch table or getting Josie to bring her onboard the Pussycats.  lol.  Which I think was about sticking it to Archie (over their parents), getting Archie's attention and sticking it to Valerie (her face when she saw Veronica wearing the ears made me LOL).  Veronica has no trouble getting in the sphere of characters that seem to intimidate the other kids.  Cheryl and now Josie.

Was really glad Archie and Veronica made up in the end.  I leave the pack again in that Veronica's interactions with Archie and Kevin tend to be my favorite.  I think Archie and "Ronnie" have a good chemistry.  He's by nature a cavalier guy and I think he likes her but can sense the high maintenance that comes with her.  I think in terms of everyday interaction and life, Veronica would keep Archie on his toes more than the other girls outside of Conspiracy storylines.   

Also really liked getting some insight into Josie and the Pussycats.  Wish we had learned a little more about Melody but Josie and Valerie feel like much more rounded characters and I find both of them like able in their own ways.

• Love 7

I am just satisfied that Melody isn't the "dumb blonde" (who usually backed into solving the mystery) she was in the comics and cartoons.

Also: the classic logo on the drumset, with the cat-silhouette backdrop!  And Kevin even out-tro'd them by saying "Long tails, and ears for hats!"

• Love 5

Sometimes this series feels like two shows and I have to say I'd rather watch more of the show Jughead and Betty are on than Archie's musical angstfest. 

Im not sure yet how I feel about Betty and Jughead as a romantic pairing but the actors have great chemistry and it keeps Betty away from the Archie angle so that a definite plus but I really would have liked asexual Jughead. I guess that's really not an option on the CW.

Alice Cooper may be a terrible terrible parent but I absolutely love Mädchen Amick in the role. Lots more of the Cooper family drama please.

• Love 16
(edited)

The show probably isn't going to be done with the Veronica/Archie/Betty triangle just because it's such a huge part of the comics but I'd prefer if they just keep Betty/Jughead the way they are and maybe have them be the sort of stable couple of the group while everyone else is off having drama with their love lives. They're cute, partially because I think the actors really make it work (their little small interactions in the background really sell it for me) and Betty is far more interesting when she's not pining for Archie. 

They still really don't know what to do with Archie as a character but I do think this was a step in the right direction which is basically surround him with characters far more interesting than him.

Edited by haje
  • Love 9

I really wish I liked Archie more. It's really hard to, for some reason. I guess I'm just not impressed. Maybe it's also that his music drama is only slightly more interesting than the Grundy plot, which I did not like. At least his dad is pretty great. I totally expect him to get involved in shady business eventually, but I approve of his parental style. 

Betty and Jughead are brilliant together. I could watch a show of them sleuthing and be totally happy. I like Veronica still, but not as much as Betty/Jughead at the moment. Although I'm totally fine with her and Archie getting together. He does shine a bit more when he's around her. Veronica's relationship with her mother is pretty decent and interesting, as well. 

Josie's...kind of not nice. She's another Cheryl, except I haven't quite warmed up to her and her family issues. Her "compromising" with Valerie didn't seem like compromising at all. It was Valerie who met her more than halfway. I like Valerie and look forward to finding out more about Mel. Although my impressions right now are that I don't think the Josie or Val actresses are very good. Oddly enough, I find the Melody actress just fine so far in her minor role. 

So, Polly is pregnant. What a surprise. And she broke out of the institution, so I wonder where she ran off to. I actually really loved the Betty/Polly sibling relationship. Alice laughing about Hal killing Jason makes me feel more convinced that he did it. I now won't be surprised if it's revealed that he did.  

• Love 4

Dammit, dammit, dammit. Ringing the bell on Betty/Jug this early means it's not going to go anywhere. And Jug initiated it, which is worse! He's going to get his heart broken when Betty - who started thinking of cars when he kissed her and who looked angstily at the loudspeaker in school while Archie sang -  jumps at the chance to pine for Archie some more. Archie, the golden boy who's so wonderful people actually applaud him as he walks down the halls! MOTHERFORKING SHIRT, I AM NOT HERE FOR THIS.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Dammit, dammit, dammit. Ringing the bell on Betty/Jug this early means it's not going to go anywhere. And Jug initiated it, which is worse! He's going to get his heart broken when Betty - who started thinking of cars when he kissed her and who looked angstily at the loudspeaker in school while Archie sang -  jumps at the chance to pine for Archie some more. Archie, the golden boy who's so wonderful people actually applaud him as he walks down the halls! MOTHERFORKING SHIRT, I AM NOT HERE FOR THIS.

That was my first thought as soon as I stopped squeeing.  I was not expecting to be this into Betty/Jug, and I'm going to be so disappointed when it doesn't last.

• Love 14
(edited)

This show should really be renamed Parents Are Jerks. There isn't one parent in town, besides Fred & Sheriff Keller, that's halfway decent.

Alice Cooper continues to be the worst, especially now that it's clear she & Hal are on the same page, but Madchen Amick is infinitely watchable. Her delirious reaction at the idea of Hal being a killer cracked me up.

Loved getting more backstory for Josie. Sierra is demanding and shady but at least she tries to support her daughter, Miles is just the worst. I thought it was supremely wack of Josie not to compromise more with Val, who is mega talented & genuinely cares about her, but since she's the 'star' & her daddy issues were cranked up to 11 this week, I'll give her a pass. For now.

It's interesting how open Hermione & Veronica's relationship is, given her friends relationships with their respective parents. Although, it's funny that their open relationship didn't include Hermione telling Veronica about her past with Fred.

Reggie remains a dork. A cute dork, but a dork, nonetheless.

Polly has crazy eyes. And who sends their pregnant daughter to a home for unwed mother's in 2017? What is this, Cry Baby?

Riverdale could create an L Word spinoff with Veronica. She exudes sapphic chemistry out the wazoo. First Betty, then Cheryl, and now Josie. At this rate she'll be a one woman pride parade by the end of the school year.

Archie & Valerie? SQUEE.
Jughead & Betty? SQUEE.

I was in stitches at Kevin dancing in the wings during the Pussycats lovely cover of 'I Feel Love.'

Edited by Dee
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

People have commented on the way the show often feels like it's mixing different eras, fittingly enough for something based on a comics series that's been running for 75 years -- in this case, the clearly pre-O'Connor v. Donaldson asylum Polly has been involuntarily committed to.

If I was Valerie's agent, I'd be telling her she's still getting a pretty raw deal if she's really the Pussycats' irreplaceable songwriter and the most she's being allowed is singing co-lead on the bridges of their songs.

The closeup on that Covergirl mascara tube is right up there with infamous F150 moment on Alias in terms of on-the-nose product placement, but hey, do what ya gotta do to stay on the air.

Nice to see more development for Josie, and yet more competitors enter the "worst parent in Riverdale" sweepstakes, though Alice and Penelope are still out in front.

Depending on the state and if Polly is/was a minor when she was admitted, her parents might have been able to admit Polly against her objections. Furthermore if they have a probate judge who rubber stamps guardianships when Polly turns 18, then they could keep Polly there indefinitely. I've run across a couple of those rubber stamp judges. It's hard to undo their overreach.

Veronica is a minor. Hermione doesn't need Veronica's consent or signature because Hermione is Veronica's parent/guardian. Plus, Veronica's ultimatum was really childish and beyond the pale.

That product placement was insane, not Polly and Betty Cooper insane, but crazy nonetheless.

Gawd, Josie is kind of awful. With all Valerie's brings to the band, perhaps Josie could manage to not be totally belittling and demanding.

Valerie is the first romantic pairing that I've liked for Archie. Except for the wolf masks, I liked Archie's story.

The Cooper parents weirdly gaslighting their daughters is either going to result in their daughters being traumatized and intensely paranoid or the Cooper parents being murdered. I guess Polly and Betty could always disappear and change their names. Though, I can imagine Betty writing a Great Santini style book about her family and childhood.

4 minutes ago, Dee said:

Riverdale could create an L Word spinoff with Veronica. She exudes sapphic chemistry out the wazoo. First Betty, then Cheryl, and now Josie. At this rate she'll be a one woman pride parade by the end of the school year.

Plus, Veronica was all kinds of hot in that Pussycats outfit --  really accentuated the wazoo.  :)

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, laschifosavita said:

That was my first thought as soon as I stopped squeeing.  I was not expecting to be this into Betty/Jug, and I'm going to be so disappointed when it doesn't last.

Don't make me sad. I adore this ship. But yeah I agree when Betty heard Archie on the speaker and looked at it forlornly-why I don't know- and I know the Triangle is still at large. I really wish triangles would stop being a thing. Love/relationships are complicated without needs for a third person. And yes I know this one is technically a prerequisite because of its  source material but I digress.

• Love 3

Okay as much as a diva as she was being I wanted to give Josie a hug after her dad left during her performance.

Didn't expect a Jughead/Betty clinch so soon and that Jughead would initiate it.

Love Archie and Val.

• Love 3

HAHAHAHA I love the parents on this show.

Mayor McCoy, to Josie: Find someone skinny and beautiful, but not as skinny and beautiful as you.

Plus Mrs. Cooper just continues to be the best. The way she laughed at Betty accusing her dad of killing Jason cracked me up. I've seen Madchen Amick in a bunch of stuff and she's always been pretty pedestrian, but in this role she's totally awesome. 

The Jughead/Betty kiss kind of came from nowhere but was adorable. I'm fully on board with shipping them. Jughead's "Hey there Juliet, Nurse not on duty?" was cute. But where the fuck did he get the ladder from? Hey, I'm just going to drag this giant ladder over to Betty's window and hope that her crazy-ass parents don't notice and murder me on the spot.

Finally some much-needed development for Josie and Valerie. Josie's dad sucks, so he fits right in with most of the other parents on this show! I really liked Veronica and Josie, I hope they continue that dynamic. And I liked seeing Veronica sing with the Pussycats, I hope that continues as well.

• Love 6

I don't think KJ Apa that's bad. It's just an extremely tough role. Obliviousness seems to be Archie's major character trait and as it's been discussed many times, Archie seems to be on a different show than the rest of the cast. At least Apa has appropriate chemistry with everyone, romantic or otherwise. 

I can't really get into Bughead. Surprising since I think Lili Reinhart is a real gem and I love Betty so far. But for the "snarky outsider," Jughead's kinda of a blank slate. Definitely not the best time to put in a kiss considering all of Betty's family drama. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Isn't the title of this episode sort of a copyright infringement?  lol.  Nice nod to a campy cult classic though.

Jugghead getting it on with Betty?  Something's askew in the Archieverse.  Plus I thought he was supposed to be asexual.

Val is pretty cool, keep her on there.

So outside of Dylan, who just wants to stay solvent and get laid, all of the parents on this show are basically slimy or just assholes.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1

I do think Archie's presence is underrated, he keeps this show balanced and allows for the other characters to shine.   I complained in the last episode about there being two different shows, but I get it now. That murder plotline is so razor thing that they're struggling to carry it to a full thirteen episodes. If the shows were just centered on that, it wouldn't last three. 

The more time Archie and Veronica spend together, the more I think those two work as a couple. She calls him out on his shit and he seems to bring out a certain fire in her. 

I'm sorry but I'm LMAO at the fact that Jughead just got friendzoned. I guess Betty will go out on a few dates with him just to be nice but she clearly wasn't into him .

Hermonia, I get that you're holding all the cards in your marriage to Hiram at the moment, but it's probably not a good time to start antagonizing your daughter. I have a feeling that last maneuver's going to come back to bite her right in the ass.

Who was responsible for that lineup? Why would you put someone who just bombed his audition in the pimp spot after the headlining band? I get that it's needed for dramatic purposes, but at least provide a reasonable explanation story line wise.

Why would Josie just accept Veronica as a replacement for Valerie without even hearing an audition? Also, why was Valerie the one to apologize when she clearly wasn't the one in the wrong?

So basically the murderer is someone that's following Betty who wasn't at the contest. Unless we get a new character reveal, there's only two people who would fit the bill. So this show is going to spend the next six episodes convincing us it's not one of the coopers just to "fool us" and reveal it is in the 13th eppy.

Archie saying dumb shit and being forced to atone for it never gets old. I wonder what was with the werewolf thing.

Jughead speaking in tv show/ literary references is starting to get old.

If the Coopers pay the nuns at that house well, why the hell wouldn't they just make themselves the only two allowed visitors and why wouldn't they make sure to let the nuns know that Betty wasn't allowed a second time?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Veronica is a minor. Hermione doesn't need Veronica's consent or signature because Hermione is Veronica's parent/guardian. Plus, Veronica's ultimatum was really childish and beyond the pale.

But forging her signature is a felony and I'm pretty sure Veronica is smart enough to use that in the future.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SeanC said:

It reminded me of Stride Gum on Smallville.

Big yes to Archiekins and Valerie.  Although there was a moment at the lunch table where I actually thought for the first time he had some sparks with Ronnie.

The Polly half of the plot really reminded me of Twin Peaks for some reason.  I know they're clearly going for that vibe (the town being founded on a great maple syrup fortune is the perfect "weird for weird's sake" homage), but this seemed the closest tonally that we've come.  I'm also really glad we've finally put the "Polly is just Betty's alternate personality" thing to bed.

Big no to Betty and Juggy.  

6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Plus, Veronica was all kinds of hot in that Pussycats outfit --  really accentuated the wazoo.  :)

Yes she looked smoking hot for sure!!

Betty was Smiling when Juggy kissed her I don't think she was totally thinking of cars. But yeah I almost forgot the look when she heard Archie on the Speaker. Man I really don't want her breaking Juggys heart. Betthead is cute and Juggy is better for her. He's putting her first. Ill say again I HATE Triangles and I'm hoping the writers will take some feedback from fans and change some things.

23 minutes ago, yellowfred said:

Okay, serious question:  what, exactly, did Archie think Josie's real name was?  I can only imagine the look of abject betrayal on his face when he finds out that Betty's real name is Elizabeth.

LOL I'm pretty sure he knew her full name is Elizabeth though.

Im calling it now One of Betty's parents is the next death. They are horrible parents and frankly I'm gonna be dissapointed if What they have done to Polly doesn't get any returibtion 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Shhh. Don't ruin it just yet. Let me enjoy their cuteness for now. I'm hoping this is one of things where the writers see something with certain characters/actors and decide to go with it because it works and it means they'll scrap their triangle plans because I can't imagine anyone who's ever read the comic would claim that their favourite part is seeing the two awesome girls fight over the generic good guy. 

Also Betty has become so awesome since she escaped from Archie's shadow. I don't want to see her pining. So I really really hope they keep her away from him romantically.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 8
(edited)

Archie is just good at everything isn't heHe would be awesome at a magic show, dance contest,  spelling bee,  or at this point i wouldn't be surprised if Archie could fly.

Is Riverdale over a Hellmouth or something?  

I got a kick out of Polly being sent to what amounted to a wayward teenage nunnery that parent sent there  preggars daughters to a over a decade ago.  Then again I got the suspicion Polly really was a little bonkers.  So a little of one a little of the other there.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
Just now, dippydee said:

Shhh. Don't ruin it just yet. Let me enjoy their cuteness for now. I'm hoping this is one of things where the writers see something with certain characters/actors and decide to go with it because it works and it means they'll scrap their triangle plans because I can't imagine anyone who's ever read the comic would claim that their favourite part is seeing the two awesome girls fight over the generic good guy. 

Also Betty has become so awesome since she escaped from Archie's shadow. I don't want to see her pining. So I really really hope they keep her away from him romantically.

Yes! To your whole post. Count me in as someone who wants Berlanti and crew to deviate from Canon on this show. Betty is too Awesome to be pining for Archie. Same goes for Veronica. I'd prefer at least for Archie to stick with Valerie. Betty to be with Jughead and Veronica to hook up with Cheryl 

Just now, Chaos Theory said:

Archie is just good at everything isn't heHe would be awesome at a magic show, dance contest,  spelling bee,  or at this point i wouldn't be surprised if Archie could fly.

Is Riverdale over a Hellmouth or something?  

I got a kick out of Polly being sent to what amounted to a wayward teenage nunnery play that parent sent they preggars daughters to a over a decade ago.  Then again I got the suspicion Polly really was a little bonkers.  So a little of one a little of the other there.

Considering Alice and Hal I wouldn't be surprised if they Caused Polly to be a little Cuckoo. Its a shame Betty has to worry that she's being Gaslighted 

• Love 3

I know you are a professional musician and you hate the music that the Pussycats play but seriously Josie's dad. Just walking out on your kid? 

The mayor character is what I'd actually think Robin Givens character from Head of the Class would be. (I'm old, it was appointment TV for me) It makes me really disappointed in Dylan McKay though. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I am mostly into this show for the Betty/Jughead Mystery Hour. I think the actors have great chemistry with each other (Cole Sprouse is really good with the ensemble as a whole) but I'm not really invested in a romance between them. I think the kiss was a fail- with any luck they both recognized that and maybe that Betty's still hung up on Archie, so Jughead won't go all Nice Guy and Betty won't keep him hanging while she makes up her mind. I think- hope- Betty and Juggie are too smart for that. So much for the asexual Jughead question, I guess? He could be a romantic asexual but I don't think this show wants to get that complex.

I did suspect Polly was pregnant and that Jason was running away to be with her, and that's why she got packed off to the Magdalen Sisters. I like it that the show answers some questions and then adds new ones; it's just enough information to keep me interested. I'm guessing the Snakes or somebody was using the car as a pickup location, but I'd think even they would have been aware of the significance of Jason's varsity jacket in there and maybe not used an obvious piece of evidence for their drug deals. I thought when Betty and Jughead got back to the Home for Waywarde Girls Polly would have been moved to another location, but I didn't call her escaping on her own. Maybe she'll make it back to the Blossoms' house? Grandma Blossom might be able to hide her.

Oh, Archie. It never once crossed your mind that "Josie" was short for Josephine? Archie and Val are cute together.

Those wolf masks look SO FAMILIAR to me, like it's something I saw in the comics once maybe, but I can't quite drag it out of my brain. If I do, I'll let you know.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode because I have really just so many questions about Jughead's situation. And what happened to Jellybean? Foster care?

Edited by maxineofarc
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Dobian said:

Isn't the title of this episode sort of a copyright infringement?  lol.  Nice nod to a campy cult classic though.

All of the episodes have titles from old movies.  I guess we've reached a point where a Brian DePalma movie from the 80s ("Body Double") is considered an old movie.

31 minutes ago, millk said:

I know you are a professional musician and you hate the music that the Pussycats play but seriously Josie's dad. Just walking out on your kid? 

He wears a hat to dinner in his own house. The man's capable of anything.

• Love 15

I'm enjoying the non-music parts of the show a lot, but it's hard for me to watch the Josie and the Pussycats parts because I really don't like the way Josie sings. She does that warbling thing on every song and it doesn't fit the type of music they're playing. And she really didn't sound good with Veronica at all. I did like the little bit of singing that Valerie did.

• Love 3