Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 02/13/2017

Athena
  • Start Topic

Gah!  Jed drives me crazy with her "some people say..."  She'll argue a point but is too much a coward to own the reprehensible opinion herself. She hides behind "some people."  Thanks again to Sunny for coming prepared with (real) facts.

• Love 8

Love Trevor!! He's smart, funny and will make short work of Jedi and her nonsense. Other than him? Looks like a pretty blah week.

No Joy today?

Whoopi looks like she's wearing an ill-fitting lab coat. Like Sunny's hair today. It suits her, having it off her pretty face.

Edited by dinkysquid
  • Love 4

Please tell me they didn't rave about Beyonce's over-the-top, self-serving display of unbridled arrogance which was beyond putrid.  JMHO.

Edited to add:  I was/am/& probably always will be a Beyonce fan, but her performance last night did NOT impress me!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Just sayin'.
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jebus, Jedidiah scares the hell out of me. If her viewpoint is the point of all of the Trumpistas as well.  "The judges can't rule properly because they don't have access to top secret information."  Good God.

(bolding mine)

The government tried to use this same reasoning during oral arguments (in order to support their claim that the court is not entitled to judge what the president does when it comes to national security) and it fell FLAT.

I am guessing Jed was too busy shopping for lip gloss and hooker heels that day and she didn't tune in to the argument and listen.  She obviously didn't read the written opinion that the court issued, either ... because if she had she would have known that it was clearly explained in the opinion that courts are supplied with classified information and it is kept under seal and stays confidential all the damn time.  

Next time before Jed opens her greasy little mouth to spew her FOX talking points, she might want to do her homework (® Whoopi Goldberg) so she doesn't make such a fool of herself.  Seriously, this was a huge part of the government's argument and it blew up right in their face.  Shot down is not even the word for it.  It was EMBARRASSING.   How can Jed trot out there and suggest this is some kind of valid basis for "people" to reject the court's ruling when it has been 100% gutted ???????  

She's just evil.  She can't be that stupid.  She's just EVIL.

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Former Nun said:
On 2/13/2017 at 11:39 AM, Haleth said:

Gah!  Jed drives me crazy with her "some people say..."  She'll argue a point but is too much a coward to own the reprehensible opinion herself. She hides behind "some people."  Thanks again to Sunny for coming prepared with (real) facts.

I remember the famous Barbara Walters saying this same thing as an interview technique when one doesn't want to give away one's position or sources...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I remember the famous Barbara Walters saying this same thing as an interview technique when one doesn't want to give away one's position or sources...

And I think it's just one more way to get one's own opinion across without self-incrimination.

• Love 7

Poor innocent Sunny.  She truly believes the new Bachelorette will be more thoughtful, more discerning "because she's a lawyer."   SUNNY!!!   Sunny.  This woman went on The Bachelor to find a husband (with Vile Viall) AND now she's going on again.  Not every attorney is discerning...or bright.

• Love 15
On 2/13/2017 at 1:44 PM, Former Nun said:

edidiah is getting more frantic every day.  She's speaking faster and seems terrified that someone else will get a word in.  It is a developed talent.  I wonder who her coaches were.

The republican party shills.  I had a coworker who once said something, about another coworker, that I questioned.  When I asked her about it, she started  into that fast over talk Republican  talking.  And she was a Republican.  This was years ago too.  So this over fast talk is nothing new.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Did everyone like the Viewlywed game? Whoopi, of course, didn't like it. Joy didn't seem too thrilled either. The only one who LOVED it was Sunny!

Sarah liked it. Couldn't you tell with her highly animated, happy face. Oh, wait....she makes that face ALL THE TIME. I hate it.

• Love 1

Sunny's husband looks young. I know she is a few years older, but he is quite boyish.

Sara's husband is too talkative for me.  Must be the attorney in him. I'll bet their house is interesting. She is a chatterbox and he probably lectures.

I hate theme shows. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Sunny's husband looks young. I know she is a few years older, but he is quite boyish.

Sara's husband is too talkative for me.  Must be the attorney in him. I'll bet their house is interesting. She is a chatterbox and he probably lectures.

I hate theme shows. 

Missed it all due to the press conference. I can't help but thinking about Sunny going to bed in makeup, getting up to wash it off then getting up to put full makeup before he wakes. I'm exhausted just typing that. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Missed it all due to the press conference. I can't help but thinking about Sunny going to bed in makeup, getting up to wash it off then getting up to put full makeup before he wakes. I'm exhausted just typing that. 

Please refresh my memory ... that's not happening now, is it????

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Bronzedog said:

I can't figure out if Whoopie is dressed like that because she's in a choir or if she's about to graduate from something.

Camping trip. She didn't want to pack the tent, so she wore it.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Yes Sunny said she has always done that on either her mothers or grandmothers advice.  Bad at pinpointing how long ago she was confessing that. 

It wasn't that long ago. 

7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I assumed she just wore it to bed and slept through the night.  Did she say all of this?

5 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Airhead Sara is griping her husband watched a TV show without her. She will forever be a bottomless pit of need that will never be filled.

That sounds like scintillating television.  Sounds like a conversation from the cublicle next door.  Thank goodness I don't watch anymore.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Missed it all due to the press conference. I can't help but thinking about Sunny going to bed in makeup, getting up to wash it off then getting up to put full makeup before he wakes.

I have a friend who did that...even camping.  The one story that was most entertaining is that their group was camping on the beach in Mexico...very primitive.  She STILL grabbed her mirror and make-up bag and trudged in the sand--far away from the group, to put on her face.  She was BEAUTIFUL without a stitch of make-up.

• Love 2

I don't understand why Whoopi insists on being an age peer of Joy's. There is a 13 year age difference and quite a difference in life experiences.  So when Whoopi rolls her eyes when asked if she recalls the Watergate Era, she was a school drop out, teen parent, drug addict (as per her own stories).  Joy was married to someone in academia, herself a teacher ,with a child. I just don't get it.  Yet at times she wants to appear a decade younger. Just can't figure her reasoning other than I don't think she is as comfortable with herself as she would like us to believe.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I don't understand why Whoopi insists on being an age peer of Joy's. There is a 13 year age difference and quite a difference in life experiences.  So when Whoopi rolls her eyes when asked if she recalls the Watergate Era, she was a school drop out, teen parent, drug addict (as per her own stories).  Joy was married to someone in academia, herself a teacher ,with a child. I just don't get it.  Yet at times she wants to appear a decade younger. Just can't figure her reasoning other than I don't think she is as comfortable with herself as she would like us to believe.

Whoopi wants to appear to be relevant.  And if you ask me she has been failing at that for quite some time.

• Love 9

Sara's husband seems like he'd be a bit on the bossy side. I could be way off but that's the vibe I got.

The highlight today was when they brought that gorgeous dog out. She was so beautiful!!! 

I had no idea that Bob Odenkirk wrote that Chris Farley skit. That thing was hilarious! Better Call Saul is not going to be on until APRIL?!!! Why do we have to wait so bloody long for these shows? They take so long to come back, you always need a recap or else you can't remember how they left it.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jedidiah just blathers the Republican Party talking points.  This week it's, all the leaks are coming from Obama holdovers.  And that's what both she and the Republicans are saying.

Smoke and mirrors, deflecting from the real issues as Whoopi and Joy said. 

• Love 14

I thought Sara and her husband were adorable.  I love her.  This panel needs a light hearted spirit.  She is not dumb, far from it.  She makes some good points, can laugh at herself and is honest about her own quirks and mistakes.  She and her husband know each other very well.  I don't get the hate.  

Jed is exhausting.  They need opposing view points but she doesn't even have one.  She is all over the road map and talks over everyone else.  

• Love 14

I'm tired of Whoopi's little speech at the end of the show where she thanks the audience, "we're nothing without you" or "you make us better." It's annoying and comes across as insincere. Joy sure doesn't like it. Watch her expression next time. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm tired of Whoopi's little speech at the end of the show where she thanks the audience, "we're nothing without you" or "you make us better." It's annoying and comes across as insincere. Joy sure doesn't like it. Watch her expression next time. 

Every time I hear her say that, I think about when she was telling "us" (the audience) not to write or tweet her because she "doesn't care".  LOL!!

Personally, I think she's saying & doing whatever she thinks will play well with the brass & stand her in good stead when she's "out the door".  Frankly, I'm always surprised when she does make a good point, but it's rare.  I do love it when she speaks directly to Captain Chaos & his Chaotics!!

• Love 9

Whoopi saying that at the end is probably coming directly from Candi, the executive producer. Also, that opening shot of Whoopi holding the yellow flowers. A kind and gentle Whoopi! Um, no!

We all know Whoopi doesn't care and is only on this show for the money and to say her piece as The Moderator. Joy knows better and watching her when all the bullshit is going on tells it all.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Every time I hear her say that, I think about when she was telling "us" (the audience) not to write or tweet her because she "doesn't care".  LOL!!

Personally, I think she's saying & doing whatever she thinks will play well with the brass & stand her in good stead when she's "out the door".  Frankly, I'm always surprised when she does make a good point, but it's rare.  I do love it when she speaks directly to Captain Chaos & his Chaotics!!

I have gone back and forth with Whoopie over the years.  I like her participation on Trump. She has been a needed force on that topic to keep Jed in her place, not an easy job.  

Her ending words are from production, I am sure.  A good way to conclude each show.  It is necessary to thank viewers, most shows do.  I have no problem with that.

I have some irritation with Sunny lingering from her Pro Choice/Pro Life talk.  And I love Joy!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6