Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 02/13/2017

Athena
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Her ending words are from production, I am sure.  A good way to conclude each show.  It is necessary to thank viewers, most shows do.  I have no problem with that.

But coming from a person who regularly tells the viewers to keep their opinion of what she says to themselves because she doesn't care what they think, it sounds ridiculous.  Don't dismiss me like a peasant at the beginning of the show then turn around and pander to me that way at the end.  It's transparently phony and an insult to my intelligence. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But coming from a person who regularly tells the viewers to keep their opinion of what she says to themselves because she doesn't care what they think of her or what she says, it sounds ridiculous.  Don't dismiss me like a peasant at the beginning of the show then turn around and pander to me that way at the end.  It's transparently phony and an insult to my intelligence. 

She doesn't want tweets blasting her for an opinion she shared, clearly.  Thanking viewers for tuning in is different.  Shows would not exist without viewers.  And most likely required of her by production.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

It's annoying and comes across as insincere. Joy sure doesn't like it. Watch her expression next time. 

I didn't see the end today, but I noticed she looked annoyed when Whoopi revived "whatever View you happen upon" yesterday. I've long thought that was Whoopi's personal method of giving TPTB the finger (among other things), probably triggered by all the Valentines stuff. She couldn't stand the kissing cam, who knows why.

The Viewlywed game was actually pretty cute, considering I expected in to be a rushed trainwreck; they never have enough time to do these things they set out to do. Sunny's husband was not what I was expecting at all, but they looked great together and so did Sara and her husband. I would've rather had Paula fill the third seat instead of the guests.

As for today's show, I'm glad both Sunny and Joy were calling a spade a spade, re: treason/traitors. Jedi is funny. She held the leak torch high since she joined the show--why so bothered about leaks now?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

She doesn't want tweets blasting her for an opinion she shared, clearly.  Thanking viewers for tuning in is different.  Shows would not exist without viewers.  And most likely required of her by production.  

It doesn't matter to me if it is coming from the producers. 

Whoopi knows how to make it plain she is only saying something because she has to ... she squints, she tilts her head, she smirks.  All to make sure that everyone knows she is just reading something off the teleprompter because that's her job and she really thinks what she is talking about is stupid and beneath her.  That's not how she does her little thank-you speech.  Whether it was the idea of producers or not, Whoopi clearly tries to come across as sincere.  And a sincerely delivered "thank you for tuning in" from someone who just told me to piss off and keep my opinion to myself is incongruous and irritating.

It's like my ass in the seat in terms of ratings means something to her, but my actual thoughts on the substance of the show are worthless.  She's grateful for my viewership if it benefits her, but should I dare to inconvenience her with my opinion then screw me.  She might as well say "thanks for putting dollars in my pocket by tuning in but don't for a minute believe I actually give a shit what you actually think of the show."  

And that stinks.  YMMV. 

• Love 7

Another thing about Whoopi. This woman is an actress and she can't even act accordingly to convince the viewers that she is sincere. But, then again, who wants an actress reading lines. Either way, I don't respect nor like Whoopi anymore. Sometimes she does say something I agree with, but that is few and far between.

• Love 2

News is reporting that Whoopi supports Tiffany Trump (Whoopi stated that she will sit next to her at Fashion week shows)
Nice of Whoopi to say something...

Tiffany had no choice in who her Dad is.  By his choice or hers (or her Mom's)- she is her own person and separate from the politics.

She is not the one whose prominent photo graces the wall of the Oval Office (The large photo of Ivanka and her husband at an Inaguration Ball would lead one to believe that Ivanka is an only child)

A photo of all his children (on Inaguration Day) sure would've been a more appropriate choice!

• Love 6

I agree that shunning Tiffany Trump is mean and unnecessary. Yeah, we hate her dad. But she's not her dad. She's just barely an adult, and doesn't make policy and doesn't seem to be much on her father's radar at all. FFS, most people have to sit next to someone they can't stand nearly every day. Yet we all manage to do it, and that's part of being mature and gracious. You can sit next to someone whose family annoys you and be polite. I hate to see the so-called "big tent" party turn as petty as those they despise. Good for Whoopi.

• Love 9

I dvr this show,  but I have been deleting it after reading your comments and not evenwatching it cuz I am sick of the negativity, the Repub/Independent YELLER, plus the lack of intelligent followup about her lies/fake news, from Joy who needs better prep from an assistant. Whoops is just stupid and a bully.  Sara? Pfft. Fluff. Sunny could be great but she cannot accept her power as a lawyer and demeans herself to her husband, and Catholic dogma. What a waste.  

I so wish there were more smart, clever woman or women, like Sam Bee and Rachel Maddow. 

I prefer to watch Lawrence O'Donnell, Cobert, and Seth Myers for better info and jokes.  

Barbara had a brilliant idea with the original cast. Too bad they have morphed into  lesser or just not quite the intelligentsia that Babs started with so ooooooo long ago.  

Edited by Tosia
Editing is helpful.
  • Love 5

Yesterday Whoopi was up in arms over the Dept of Ed's misspelling of DuBois. They should do their research, she said. 

Well, Whoopi should follow her own advise. Today she had to apologize because, apparently, she had erroneously stated that he was the first African-American to earn a doctorate. Worse, yet, she didn't even know if she was correcting an item about Booker T Washington or W E B DuBois.

I hate Whoopi.

• Love 4

If one googles the first black male to earn a doctorate is questionable - Du Bois (Harvard 1895), Bouchet (Yale 1876). Go figure. I'm not defending WG because I am not a fan of hers - but it is questionable and whatever the year or the person - it was important. But, I do like when people try and make things right -

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

If one googles the first black male to earn a doctorate is questionable - Du Bois (Harvard 1895), Bouchet (Yale 1876). Go figure. I'm not defending WG because I am not a fan of hers - but it is questionable and whatever the year or the person - it was important. But, I do like when people try and make things right -

Yes. In her correction she said that he's not the first to earn a doctorate, he's the first to earn a doctorate FROM HARVARD.

• Love 3

Tiffany had no choice in who her Dad is.  By his choice or hers (or her Mom's)- she is her own person and separate from the politics.

But would she have even had reserved seats if she weren't his daughter?  And is anybody else amused that Whoopi goes to NYFW?  Her style is more like NSFW.

• Love 12

After the big Ta-Da of Whoopi's invitation to Tiffany Trump yesterday about joining her for the Fashion Week shows, it was surprising that Whoopi wasn't crowing today about Tiffany accepting her invitation.  Thought for sure it would be one of the first things she brought up.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/tiffany-trump-accepts-whoopi-goldberg’s-invitation-to-sit-with-her-at-nyfw-after-being-shunned-by-fashion-editors/ar-AAn0AuS

2 hours ago, Qoass said:

But would [Tiffany Trump] have even had reserved seats if she weren't his daughter?  And is anybody else amused that Whoopi goes to NYFW?  Her style is more like NSFW.

Or "WTF?"

While I usually heart Sunny, I've gotta disagree with her saying that Morning Joe shouldn't ban WH counselor Kellyanne Conway because Sunny thinks that, to quote Steve Harvey's defense about why he visited Trump, "We've gotta have a seat at the table." What good is sitting at the table if you're only getting crumbs and bullshit? I'll pass. 

As for KAC, given her somewhat flawed track record with the truth, especially lately, the only flakes I'd want at my table belong either in a bowl or on my plate.  

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 11

Does anyone else think that The View has some kind of filter on the camera lense? Maybe something BW requested and they still have. Sunny has been on GMA before and she definitely looks different. This morning she was on and she looked older, or her age, compared to The View. She was acting all girly with Michael Strahan too, much like she acted with her husband during that game. This from a lawyer!

• Love 4
On 2/15/2017 at 3:44 PM, wings707 said:

I don't get the hate.  

Um...I just said that her husband seems bossy. That's all. And other comments? Were hardly what I'd call hate.

Hate is reserved for Dump Truck, KAC, Omarosa, etc. 

What's with Whoopi lately? Is it because she's leaving and can't wait to do so? She sure doesn't play the happy camper these days. Then again, how can anybody now?!!

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Um...I just said that her husband seems bossy. That's all. And other comments? Were hardly what I'd call hate.

Hate is reserved for Dump Truck, KAC, Omarosa, etc. 

What's with Whoopi lately? Is it because she's leaving and can't wait to do so? She sure doesn't play the happy camper these days. Then again, how can anybody now?!!

This post is not directed at you.  I didn't quote you.  Some here don't like her.  I agree hate is too strong a word.  I was just posting my thoughts. 

Edited by wings707
5 hours ago, DollEyes said:

As for KAC, given her somewhat flawed track record with the truth, especially lately, the only flakes I'd want at my table belong either in a bowl or on my plate.

...and she bragged that she has "probably" said over a million words on television.  Maybe she should let someone else sit there for a change.

• Love 6

Jedidiah is intolerable. How does she even breathe when she's spewing any sentence that come into her head the very second Joy opens her mouth? it's like she's playing a tape for minutes at a time and doesn't even pause for air.

And it is Joy. She lets Whoopi, Sunny, and Sara speak. But the second Joy starts speaking, AutoSpeakJed goes into action. It's really annoying. As I've said before, she must think that the person who says the most words while someone else is speaking wins the argument. I loathe her.

At one point today, about the third time Jedidiah pulled this annoying little trick, Joy threw her hands in the air and gave up.

• Love 10

OMG - I simply cannot stand Jed - especially when she sits there with a smirk on her face and agrees with others - but carries on - and then laughs like a hyena. She has never given me a pause to consider anything. 

And to go back many years - I loved when Rosie was on (except when Whoopi was) and I could think about the discussion and her points. Thought provoking. Whether I agreed with her or not. Not with Jed. Beginning to think Sarah sits these discussions out (kind of like CCB) and not liking it - although I find Sarah kind of fun usually.

Yeah to WG on her rant about DeVos. sigh 

Jed- I could care less that FOX and Brietbart told you not to come on this show - oh, they didn't keep you did they? And you have never given me pause for thought. LOL - Omarosa is more popular than you in the present Presidential staff.

Barely been here - we had a snow dump on the 5th and my Comcast (phone, cable, internet) was out 80% of the time for 8 days. I think I received a credit of about $85 and 3 months of HBO/Showtime. The snow was gone on the 7th. Somehow I managed to whip myself into a frenzy, lol.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Every time I hear her say that, I think about when she was telling "us" (the audience) not to write or tweet her because she "doesn't care".  LOL!!

Personally, I think she's saying & doing whatever she thinks will play well with the brass & stand her in good stead when she's "out the door".  Frankly, I'm always surprised when she does make a good point, but it's rare.  I do love it when she speaks directly to Captain Chaos & his Chaotics!!

Captain Chaos is Trump? (or Trumpita as my bf calls him. ) 

What's with Whoopi and the, "take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon?" I kind of hate it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

I want to tell Jedi everyday what Tyne Daly said to her grandaughter in an episode of Judging Amy:  "not every thought that flits through your mind has to be expressed verbally."

Hee. right.

And I want to quote Lilith from Frasier: "It * IS * permissible to have an unexpressed thought." :-) Same thing, a little different.

Jed talks so fast it makes me cray. Reminds me of Bits.

• Love 2

Paula can be fired at any time now. For a moment, I was happy Jedi wasn’t there, but then Paula’s smug smile when Hughley was talking about wife-beaters in Trump’s inner circle and then her complimentary air in describing the way Trump is doing so much to distract from what’s really happening puts me firmly into the Fire Paula camp.

I have to be honest that I haven’t disliked Whoopi the past few months, and I’m actually getting to a point I might even miss her if she leaves where I would’ve been glad to be rid of her last season. *shrug* I think her rage suits the current political climate, and she hasn’t been nearly as much of a diva with Joy and Sunny since Nov. Just my thoughts. I wish she was less incomprehensible at times though. I enjoyed her railroading Paula’s bullshit about Obama leaving Trump “in a mess.”

Love love loved the Trevor Noah interview. I’m glad they threw out Sara and Paula for that.

• Love 13

D.L Hughley is not funny. I love Trevor Noah.

Paula must be told by the producers to try to defend some of the Trump's administration's policy, and it comes across pathetically. I assume she's being told to give "the other side" of the issues, and it's weak sauce. I kind of feel sorry for her, unless she believes the stuff she's saying.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3

I think Paula absolutely believes the things she's saying. She's an unapologetic Trump supporter.  Remember how she and Barbie tag teamed the Repub talking points?  

I'm not necessarily a fan of Hughley, but I did like his comment, "one man's immigrant is another man's cardiologist."

• Love 13

I don't believe Paula is a Trump supporter. She has said she is a moderate but I think she really wanted to vote for Marco Rubio by the way she discussed him while he was running for president.

I think she also wants to give both sides to any subject whether she is told by the producers or it is just something she feels she needs to do.

• Love 2

It was clear that Whoopi adores Trevor. I can't recall the last time I saw such sincere happiness and smiles on her face.

I'm glad that Trevor got in the zingers at 45, but disappointed that Jedifoxbot wasn't there for him AND Hughley to wipe the floor with her. Then again, it was such an enjoyable show without her, Paula's false equivalencies notwithstanding.

This isn't Faux News, where everything has to be "fair and balanced." If one is a supporter of 45, then own it, instead of comparing him to Obama, and what Obama did or didn't do.

Just my doped up .02.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

Paula must be told by the producers to try to defend some of the Trump's administration's policy, and it comes across pathetically. I assume she's being told to give "the other side" of the issues, and it's weak sauce. I kind of feel sorry for her, unless she believes the stuff she's saying.

I think Paula is a  genuine Republican.  I remember when she said that her dream is to open a clinic that encourages women  to keep their babies and not abort.     She should never have been on a show like The View which exposed her views because  it removed any  impartiality from her.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

"Any man that wears a combover looks in the mirror and lies to himself every day. If you can lie to your face, you can lie to America"

Thank you, DL Hughley.

I think D.L. Hughley is very funny but he would be a lot funnier if I could understand his English.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

I think Paula is a  genuine Republican.  I remember when she said that her dream is to open a clinic that encourages women  to keep their babies and not abort.     She should never have been on a show like The View which exposed her views because  it removed any  impartiality from her.

This show is not the news. So I never expect any impartiality from anyone. Like I said upthread-don't be trying to couch how you feel by acting as if you're reporting the news-this is a show where they supposedly give their opinions and how they feel-so pull up your big girl pants or skirts and be HONEST and own your...view. Otherwise, stick to GMA and your reporting.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Fannysue said:

She should never have been on a show like The View which exposed her views because  it removed any  impartiality from her.

The show is called The View. Women expressing THEIR views. Are views impartial? I thought my view was MY OPINION. Here is a woman expressing a view that she would want to encourage women to not abort babies. Which may be considered a pro-life view. According to you, she should NOT express this view because? Is it somehow EXTREME to want to encourage women to keep a pregnancy going? No one is going out and dragging women into said clinic.

Seems like expressing a view is okay when it matches up with YOUR view. And I am Pro-Choice, fwiw.

On a panel of five women, it's not okay for one of them to express such a view? This is why, a) I barely watch this show. I am against Group Think. On EITHER side of the aisle.

DL Hughley is funny. The comb-over comment was good. Of course, Rosie did the Best hair flip thing, Back In The Day. I was always conflicted about Rosie - but she was great at nailing certain things. She nailed the Dump Truck. Oh, those drama days with Rosie and Bitsy. Now it's Jedi Whatever. Reason b) to not bother with this show - I'd rather watch the fools on QVC. At least they know they are spouting inanities. Or do they?

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 4

Poor innocent Sunny.  She truly believes the new Bachelorette will be more thoughtful, more discerning "because she's a lawyer."   SUNNY!!!   Sunny.  This woman went on The Bachelor to find a husband (with Vile Viall) AND now she's going on again.  Not every attorney is discerning...or bright.

Oh please. This woman was probably picked "in advance" to be the Bachelorette when she was picked for the Bachelor.

She was given the first impression rose for a reason. Sadly enough, I watched the show to know that.

• Love 5