Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S23.E11: Celebrity Life

Recommended Posts

Quote

The models experience a day in the life of Rita Ora as they are bombarded by paparazzi throughout New York and later asked to personify her iconic ``Paper'' magazine cover.

Share this post


Link to post

I will never ever believe that Rita Ora is "swarmed" by paparazzi! Come on! Geez, I'm so annoyed with her every week. I was so thrilled that crazy ego monster Tyra was gone and now this? 

Frankly I'm still freaking out about her "I want to fuck you" comment to India (I think?) from a previous ep. What if a man had sad that? What is her problem? 

Loved seeing Mickey Boardman and as usual the platinum blonde judge cracks me up. Wow he really hates Courtney! 

I like her. I'm fine with either her or Courtney winning. Glad the ancient twin "drama" is over. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Every week...I'm still surprised Coryanne is still there. Drew was on fire today hahahaha. "You look elderly."

The whole Rita Ora meeting was a big ball of "Uh..." Dayum, those twins sure have a very open relationship. I wonder if they share that much in real life.

The girls in the bedroom were hilarious. "Ugh, Courtney is so annoying. India whispers after you talk. Man, I'm sure glad we are here with nice people instead of at Universal with those beeyotches."

I look forward to India's photos every week. And wow, they finally brought up the whole Gigi thing :O

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What I heard tonight is that Tatiana is the winner unless she screws up, which is baffling unless I think of her as the winner Tyra always wanted. Whatever they're seeing that makes them think she has a superstar personality isn't coming through my TV set.  

I loved the scene with Rita and the girls until the twin drama boiled over. It made me realize that I like Rita, it's the role of host I reject for her because she's not famous enough (in my pop culture world) for me to believe she's a boss swarmed by random paparazzi.  She'd be a good ordinary judge. 

I felt like they were actually critiquing people tonight, which was refreshing. 

I don't get their reaction to Courtney, not the other contestants or that one judge. I don't really want to though because I like liking her. Her face is money. 

India seems too nice for this. She'll be a great third place, maybe runner up. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand their critique of India. "You're a superstar in pictures but you are not a superstar in person because you're too nice." Oh, wait, now I get it. They want her to show more "personality" and by that they mean to create more drama around the house for television. I like India's chill and low key personality. When is that a negative trait for a model? And I see the panel light up with smiles whenever she walks towards them for her turn. People are happy to be around her and that is great personality for me.

3 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

I will never ever believe that Rita Ora is "swarmed" by paparazzi! Come on!

LOL, yeah. She's not exactly an A-list celeb. The paparazzi that swarms her are only those she called in for a photo op.

I'm with the other girls when the twins made the Rita visit about their own personal drama. Aren't they embarrassed about airing their dirty laundry?

Edited by waving feather
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

It's REALLY funny that Rita Ora was like "act really happy when you see Paparazzi, make it your moment!"  LOL!!!!!!  Real celebrities hate being harassed by the paps because they're horrible and will stop at nothing, and verbally assault their kids, etc.  I mean, the whole thing is just. so. funny and ridiculous.  I didn't even want to go here because I hate Tyra an extreeeeeeeme amount and she made me quit the show, and now I'm finally back and I'm enjoying myself.  I don't mind Rita.

The Twins, OMG!  It actually kind of reminds me of my younger brother and I.  There was an idyllic long period in my life where I assumed my brother and I were the best of friends and got along splendidly.  Then a life-changing conflict happened where I found a lot more about each of us.  I'm more realistic now.  Tash thinks everything is wonderful between the two and hunky-dory and Cody actually acts like she HATES Tash.  And she's obsessed with her own identity with respect to Tash.  it's so unhealthy - "No, You're the mean one, I'm the nice one!" or whatever the fuck.  Cody and Tash are so immature for 27 -- especially Tash -- I never bring up these sibling conflicts in front of our mutual friends or anything.  

Tatiana.  I agree there's something to her, but I'd see her as like an instagram personality or something.  Someone who might have her own YouTube channel or something.  Model?  Um, I don't know.

The critiques MADE NO SENSE today.  Coryanne's photo?  What the hell was that?  Tatiana's photo?  What the hell was that?  Even India's photo wasn't great.  Courtney and Cody ended up with the best photos.  I swear, Coryanne does ANYTHING and they throw a fucking party.  By which I mean she does NOTHING and they throw a fucking party.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

I don't understand their critique of India. "You're a superstar in pictures but you are not a superstar in person because you're too nice." Oh, wait, now I get it. They want her to show more "personality" and by that they mean to create more drama around the house for television. I like India's chill and low key personality. When is that a negative trait for a model? And I see the panel light up with smiles whenever she walks towards them for her turn. People are happy to be around her and that is great personality for me.

LOL, yeah. She's not exactly an A-list celeb. The paparazzi that swarms her are only those she called in for a photo op.

I'm with the other girls when the twins made the Rita visit about their own personal drama. Aren't they embarrassed about airing their dirty laundry?

When you lay it out this way I totally get it.  The prize is an overall development deal with VH-1, right?  They need a winner who will fit in with their brand, and being nice doesn't seem to fit that, based on what I've seen of their reality tv slate (admittedly little, mostly how they advertise it in commercials with lots of yelling and angst).  

The twins- there was a quote from the returning one a couple episodes back that makes me think Kody's anger has some basis in reality.  Tash said something about being "willing" to let Kody have this moment of independence, it was very odd.  I don't know what my point is with saying that, they're both unappealing people, imho.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I have to say that the extended product placement for Harry Potter World (or whatever they call it) left me sad. I love HP and showing hordes of tourists lined up at the iconic railway platform, or wandering the streets of Diagon Alley made me sure that I want to keep HP in my imagination (and the movies) and not visit this sad imitation. Honeydukes looked like every other candy gift shop I've seen. 

Sad!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank god Tash is gone so we won't have to waste large chunks of another episode on the twin drah-mah.  And her photo was awful.

I thought India had the best photo, but Cody's was my second choice, so I'm okay with her win.  Coryanne got lucky with the tight focus since her face is the only modelesque part of her but I liked her shot, though I'm not sure whether it was for her or the wallpaper behind her.  I thought Courtney's photo was better than Tatiana's, which I found to be pretty boring.  I did think Courtney struggled to find more than one expression; fortunately for her that one expression is killer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've decided after this episode that I want India to win just because she hasn't been a complete shit to Courtney. The twins, Tatiana and Coryanne are dead to me after that little bitch session.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

COO was Cody, India, Tatiana, CoryAnne with Tash and Courtney in the B2.

I'm not sure what the judges are thinking here.  It seems obvious that India should win but they seem to like Tatiana.

Rita getting mobbed by the paps in NYC seems highly unlikely, maybe in Great Britain but NYC?  Can't see it (unless yes, her publicist called and that's not unusual regardless of the level of fame of the celeb).

Glad Tash left because she and Cody have issues that need to be worked out not on camera.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

What I heard tonight is that Tatiana is the winner unless she screws up, which is baffling unless I think of her as the winner Tyra always wanted. Whatever they're seeing that makes them think she has a superstar personality isn't coming through my TV set.  

I loved the scene with Rita and the girls until the twin drama boiled over. It made me realize that I like Rita, it's the role of host I reject for her because she's not famous enough (in my pop culture world) for me to believe she's a boss swarmed by random paparazzi.  She'd be a good ordinary judge. 

I felt like they were actually critiquing people tonight, which was refreshing. 

I don't get their reaction to Courtney, not the other contestants or that one judge. I don't really want to though because I like liking her. Her face is money. 

India seems too nice for this. She'll be a great third place, maybe runner up. 

Agreed - it's not coming through my TV set, either. If Rita's definition of "being a boss" is someone you both want to imitate AND hang out with, then I think India qualifies. Tatiana seems fine, but none of her photos have ever blown me away. Well, we always knew that Tyra simply selects whoever she likes. I hope the show is a good platform for India in some way.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

India really deserves to win this.  But, sadly, I think one of the bitches is going to win it.  I also enjoyed watching India and Courtney having an awesome fun time in Florida, while the bitter bitchy foursome just sat at home and complained about Courtney.  Stop being so miserable and bitchy!

Rita Ora cracked me up when she was talking to India about how it's okay to look like someone else and Ora mentioned how she looks like a bunch of famous people.  My thought was, "who?"  And I also can't imagine the paparazzi standing 24/7 outside her home.  Who cares about Rita Ora?  Does anyone really know who she is?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I stumbled on this version of ANTM.  I'm sorry but it seems like a sub-par version of the original (and the last couple of seasons of the original were kind of - hmmm - gosh, I hate to sound as if I am so great but I can't think of any other word except maybe kind of trashy[?})  The judges don't seem to really give them any real critiques about how to improve. And the platinum hair guy is sort of annoying. (Although I am not above giggling at some of the things he says - sorry.)

Of the girls left I have to say that I like India the best.  IMO her pictures range from good to great. But I think probably Tatiana or Cody will win.

On another note - What is with all of the eye makeup that Rita Ora wears??  It does not do her any favors - in my opinion.   I have heard of her but how is she a big time boss or brand?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

They did different type photos again. Some girl got only face shot, that to me is more difficult. But Tatiana got almost ful body shot.  Was she the only one?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Canada said:

Who cares about Rita Ora?  Does anyone really know who she is?

Dude, I've watched this whole season so far and I still don't know who she is. I guess she does some modelling? But all I've seen is the Rimmel commercial that runs during the show. Is she a singer? Never heard a song by her. Is she an actress? I've never seen her in anything. All I know is she's some British chick with a kind of interesting name and I find her very pretty. Other than that, I still got nothin.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

They did different type photos again. Some girl got only face shot, that to me is more difficult. But Tatiana got almost ful body shot.  Was she the only one?

Yeah, she was. Cody's shot was head and shoulders, I think, and Courtney's was face only. I don't think anyone but Tatiana got more than head and shoulders.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Coryanne had a ridiculous nose ring on during her photoshoot, but it was gone on her picture. What happened there?

India looks like a great human being, which makes her totally unsuitable for this show. Hopefully she'll get something good out of this mess.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, Sarnia said:

India looks like a great human being, which makes her totally unsuitable for this show. Hopefully she'll get something good out of this mess.

and she is *so* pretty. And she's one of those who actually looks pretty IRL.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dleighg said:

And she's one of those who actually looks pretty IRL.

And she can do it with that hideous, constantly changing purple hair. Girl has got it going on. She is easily one of my favorite hamsters of the entire show. I hope she does better than this show in her life.

India even makes Courtney more likable. She's a miracle worker. lol

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

India even makes Courtney more likable. She's a miracle worker. lol

Probably because India is an easy-going person who doesn't pick apart everything Courtney does. I totally can see that Courtney can get on people's nerves but they can just let it roll of their backs and don't make a big deal about it. Tatiana commented how nice to have Courtney out of the house but then those girls proceeded to sit around to bitch about her. Hilarious. 

What are the details behind the VH1 talent deal? Is it hosting or acting??? I have no idea if India can act but I don't see why Tatiana would be a better host than her.

India is not distinctive enough to be a "supermodel" but she's a great model because her face can take make-up really well and she can pull off many different kind of looks. If you look through her ANTM portfolio, she's not one-note at all. Just compare and contrast her photo this week and the Katy Perry one last week. Same face, really different looks/vibes. 

Are we having go-sees this season? I love those episodes. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Probably because India is an easy-going person who doesn't pick apart everything Courtney does. I totally can see that Courtney can get on people's nerves but they can just let it roll of their backs and don't make a big deal about it.

Oh, I totally agree. India has better things to do with her life than tear Courtney down, therefore, Courtney is free to be herself around India without fear of being attacked. And I have to say, happy Courtney is adorable. I love how completely she nerded out at Wizarding World.

India is one of those people that I think just gets along with everyone. Mostly because, as she said, if you are nice to people, nice things can happen for you. She lives it.

I was dying at how the mean girl group get a whole day free of Courtney and sit around and talk about how great it is that Courtney is not there. Meanwhile, Courtney and India spend an entire day not thinking about anyone else.

I don't get the judge's love of Tatiana. Of the girls left she is the least modelesque to me. Her picture was good but I just don't see her having any more "personality" than India. She's just kind of there. Courtney and Coreyanne both have amazing bone structure, India, as you said, has the kind of face that can take a lot or a little makeup, she's very versatile. Cory has a very strong face. Tatiana looks like the girl next door. I just don't get why they were talking like this competition is hers to loose.

Rita keeps talking about how they are looking for the girl you want to hang out with, the girl you want to be with, the girl you want to BE with *wink wink*. Well, I don't want to BE with India because I don't swing that way, but I want to be her BFF and I want to be like her. Of all these girls, she is the only one I would truly consider role model material. And a good one with a great message. Be nice and good things will happen to you. That would be a great message to put out there show. Pick her and put it out there!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my God at mischievous being pronounced as "miss chee vee us." No. Miss-cha-viss. Just because Merriam Webster says it's an alternate pronunciation does not make it right. It means so many others are wrong. It's my number one pet peeve mispronunciation. Whew. I feel better now.

Many of the models looked a little alien in the Paper covers but I kind of dug it. I also agree with others that the judges actually gave out more criticism in this episode but they do sometimes say one thing one week then the opposite the next week.

And "boss" really needs to get tossed after this season. I think they were trying to coin a phrase like "smize" but it's just not working. It sounds ridiculous to me. I'm probably not in the demographic they're after, but I'd like to think it sounds ridiculous to the young 'uns as well. (If not then....get off my lawn!)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of live under a rock, pop culture-wise, so I have to ask - is Rita Ora really someone that paparazzi would follow 24/7? Seriously? Like, I had never heard of her before she popped up on this show. I feel like if you're famous enough to be followed like that, you're famous enough to make it under my rock. But maybe my rock buried me deeper than I thought?
I don't understand the random trip to Orlando as a prize. Why have them go then, during the show, if it wasn't some bonus shoot or something? I know there have been extra shoots/jobs as prizes, and I think I recall one of the shorties, on whatever the 'petite' cycle was, winning a trip back to Hawaii. But this one just seemed so random.

They were really beating us over the head with India and Courtney being friends with each other for some reason. Like, enough, you get along with each other. Congrats?

I have never understood CoryAnne's appeal. She looks bored/condescending/half-asleep, especially in this week's photo. Not seeing the Tatianna appeal either; I didn't like this photo. I don't get it.

I hate when the people who are nice, normal, and decent human beings get the boring/no-personality critique. If I had to choose one of these 6 to spend time with (say, at Universal...) it would be India. Another one who got that critique/edit that pops to mind is Hannah, of the Brittani(sp?)/Molly/Alexandria/Kasia cycle that went to Morocco.

I don't give a rats' arse about the twins' drama. Stop taking up time on my screen. Ugh. Tash's styling in the shoot did her no favors, but at least she's gone.

(Apologies if others have said this already; I went for the word vomit before reading.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Randomosity said:

I don't understand the random trip to Orlando as a prize. Why have them go then, during the show, if it wasn't some bonus shoot or something?

Because this was an extended advertisement for Universal Orlando. Wasn't that obvious? :)  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Because this was an extended advertisement for Universal Orlando. Wasn't that obvious? :)  

It certainly became obvious when there was no surprise photoshoot waiting for them. But it failed as an advertisement, methinks - anyone who cares enough to go to a Harry Potter theme park already knows about it :P

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, BookThief said:

And "boss" really needs to get tossed after this season. I think they were trying to coin a phrase like "smize" but it's just not working. It sounds ridiculous to me. I'm probably not in the demographic they're after, but I'd like to think it sounds ridiculous to the young 'uns as well. (If not then....get off my lawn!)

"boss" is a thing, apparently. One of the women from my work put a pic on FB of her in front of her car "driving like a boos". Kids (and she isn't one, but she's one of those women who try to be "in") these days do everything "like a boss". Though, since it's been around for a while, ANTM using it is probably the death knell. It will be gone soon. Thank god!

 

17 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

I don't understand the random trip to Orlando as a prize.

Conspiracy theorist me thinks it was because they knew they were giving it to Courtney, that there was no way in hell Courtney was going to pick anyone but India, and they knew, after all the drama around Courtney they had to make her a bit more endearing to the audience. She probably makes final two if not winning.

I forgot to say that I agree with the other girls that it was selfish and rude of the twins to make Rita Ora's visit ALL ABOUT THEM!!!!! The point was for her to get to see all their personalities outside of panel, possibly for them to ask her more about her experience or get advice and tips. Instead it was a family therapy session for the dysfunctional twins. Ugh.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

I kind of live under a rock, pop culture-wise, so I have to ask - is Rita Ora really someone that paparazzi would follow 24/7? Seriously? Like, I had never heard of her before she popped up on this show. I feel like if you're famous enough to be followed like that, you're famous enough to make it under my rock. But maybe my rock buried me deeper than I thought?

Rita Ora is more famous in the U.K.  That's where her stardom stems from.  She's tried things over here in the U.S. before (on occasion she'd pop up at this awards show or that) but has never really gotten a foothold.  She's had several singles do well in the U.K. (however, she's had problems with her record label which hasn't helped with her music career).  She's been a judge on The Voice and X Factor over there as well.  She also has had several endorsements deals like Rimmel.  She also acts (she's in the latest 50 Shades movie).  I also want to say that at some point she'd been linked with Jay-Z (personally or professionally, I don't really know) and Rob Kardashian.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

I have to say that the extended product placement for Harry Potter World (or whatever they call it) left me sad. I love HP and showing hordes of tourists lined up at the iconic railway platform, or wandering the streets of Diagon Alley made me sure that I want to keep HP in my imagination (and the movies) and not visit this sad imitation. Honeydukes looked like every other candy gift shop I've seen. 

Sad!

Apparently Universal is REALLY pushing the Harry Potter World because they were also on Celebrity Apprentice having the celebrities come up with a brochure to sell the place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ashley Graham is quite full of herself, isn't she?  She slips in an Ashley anecdote every week--I'm waiting for her story of doing 50 go-sees in 2 hours (on the subway!) and it'll be just like ole times.

Those were some tacky pics this week. I feel like any random phone app could generate a better cover.

22 minutes ago, zoltana said:

Apparently Universal is REALLY pushing the Harry Potter World because they were also on Celebrity Apprentice having the celebrities come up with a brochure to sell the place.

Yes!  I would've been a goner on that Apprentice task--have never read or seen a Harry Potter anything and don't plan to.  I would've given that wretched prize away without batting an eye.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only one that had never heard of Paper magazine until Kim K's infamous cover? I thought all the top model "covers" were pretty bad and I don't understand the appeal of the magazine at all. Not sure I care to do any due diligence research either so I guess that's on me. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, waving feather said:

They are still trying to make Tatiana happen. Girl is pretty but her photos has not been consistent at all. I don't see what superstar quality she has. 

Agreed, and jeez, they pretty much called her as the winner. I don't dislike her, but I want India to take this. Both of their pictures were great though. I'm hoping that was just to set the stage for them as the F2, and they do seem to be the frontrunners. But India is stunning, seems natural on set, and has no drama. Love her.

I thought that Courtney would have it, but nope. She has an amazing face but just isn't there. it was nice seeing her being able to relax and enjoy the trip out.

Coryanne is beautiful but somehow forgettable. And I don't know if I see Cody taking it either. Her story has been less about modeling and more about twin drama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is Rita Ora really that famous?  This show makes her sound like she deals with Beyonce or Kardashian level paparazzi, but I haven't really heard much about her before the show.  I know she sang, but I've never heard a song.

It was nice of Rita to admit that she is nervous about taking Tyra's spot....while doing all the Tyra things, including dumb challenges.  How was, "get your picture taken on the street" a challenge.  This show just brings out the desperation of fame to me.  

Oh well, at least they got to milk that twin drama instead of bringing back Giah.

I don't much care for Courtney, but I fail to see what she is doing right now for everyone to hate her.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I thought that Courtney would have it, but nope. She has an amazing face but just isn't there. it was nice seeing her being able to relax and enjoy the trip out.

Physically Courtney should win this hands down. She is one of the few hamsters ever who looks like she should be getting serious modeling work right now, but girl is far too fragile that I don't want her to win for her own sake. I think this industry would destroy her. I do wish her the best, though. Amazing how much one day away from that house has completely changed my opinion of her. lol Well, not really, I'm sure she's still a complainer and an excuse maker, but it was so nice to see her happy. It made me realize how rarely we see these girls showing any real joy. Sure they pretend they are getting great prizes and jump up and down when guest stars are announced, but Courtney was showing pure joy at Universal.

I really wish this show would be at least slightly about female empowerment, and take the girls on outings, get them to bond more instead of just picking the weakest girl and the rest attacking her constantly until she cries or lashes out and then blaming her for her reaction. Show them going to get makeup tips from the pros. Show them doing more group shots. I know that modeling is cut throat business, but that is all the more reason to give these wannabes some kind of support system within the bus. Imagine if, some day one of them was on a job and could be, "you know, I know the perfect person to do this campaign with me". This industry is all about connections people. Stop pitting them against each other. It can be done. It can be a friendly competition. I would like to think enough of us would keep watching without the bitchiness and bullying and mob mentality these hamsters end up with.

Sorry for the rant. I'm grumpy this morning and wish people were just nicer to each other.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Oh, I totally agree. India has better things to do with her life than tear Courtney down, therefore, Courtney is free to be herself around India without fear of being attacked. And I have to say, happy Courtney is adorable. I love how completely she nerded out at Wizarding World.

India is one of those people that I think just gets along with everyone. Mostly because, as she said, if you are nice to people, nice things can happen for you. She lives it.

I was dying at how the mean girl group get a whole day free of Courtney and sit around and talk about how great it is that Courtney is not there. Meanwhile, Courtney and India spend an entire day not thinking about anyone else.

I don't get the judge's love of Tatiana. Of the girls left she is the least modelesque to me. Her picture was good but I just don't see her having any more "personality" than India. She's just kind of there. Courtney and Coreyanne both have amazing bone structure, India, as you said, has the kind of face that can take a lot or a little makeup, she's very versatile. Cory has a very strong face. Tatiana looks like the girl next door. I just don't get why they were talking like this competition is hers to loose.

Rita keeps talking about how they are looking for the girl you want to hang out with, the girl you want to be with, the girl you want to BE with *wink wink*. Well, I don't want to BE with India because I don't swing that way, but I want to be her BFF and I want to be like her. Of all these girls, she is the only one I would truly consider role model material. And a good one with a great message. Be nice and good things will happen to you. That would be a great message to put out there show. Pick her and put it out there!

This! She mentioned she was a huge Harry Potter fan and as a fan myself, I remember being a complete nerd when I went to WW first time. It was nice to see her excited and happy and India really was the perfect person to go with her.

I'm glad the ridiculous twin drama is over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Physically Courtney should win this hands down. She is one of the few hamsters ever who looks like she should be getting serious modeling work right now, but girl is far too fragile that I don't want her to win for her own sake. I think this industry would destroy her. I do wish her the best, though. Amazing how much one day away from that house has completely changed my opinion of her. lol Well, not really, I'm sure she's still a complainer and an excuse maker, but it was so nice to see her happy. It made me realize how rarely we see these girls showing any real joy. Sure they pretend they are getting great prizes and jump up and down when guest stars are announced, but Courtney was showing pure joy at Universal.

I really wish this show would be at least slightly about female empowerment, and take the girls on outings, get them to bond more instead of just picking the weakest girl and the rest attacking her constantly until she cries or lashes out and then blaming her for her reaction. Show them going to get makeup tips from the pros. Show them doing more group shots. I know that modeling is cut throat business, but that is all the more reason to give these wannabes some kind of support system within the bus. Imagine if, some day one of them was on a job and could be, "you know, I know the perfect person to do this campaign with me". This industry is all about connections people. Stop pitting them against each other. It can be done. It can be a friendly competition. I would like to think enough of us would keep watching without the bitchiness and bullying and mob mentality these hamsters end up with.

Sorry for the rant. I'm grumpy this morning and wish people were just nicer to each other.

something, something, something lady boss!

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Conspiracy theorist me thinks it was because they knew they were giving it to Courtney, that there was no way in hell Courtney was going to pick anyone but India, and they knew, after all the drama around Courtney they had to make her a bit more endearing to the audience. She probably makes final two if not winning.

My conspiracy-theory mind assumed that they gave the "prize" to Courtney because they knew she was going to be eliminated this week.  Of course I was appropriated shocked when she wasn't...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I really wish this show would be at least slightly about female empowerment, and take the girls on outings, get them to bond more instead of just picking the weakest girl and the rest attacking her constantly until she cries or lashes out and then blaming her for her reaction. Show them going to get makeup tips from the pros. Show them doing more group shots. I know that modeling is cut throat business, but that is all the more reason to give these wannabes some kind of support system within the bus. Imagine if, some day one of them was on a job and could be, "you know, I know the perfect person to do this campaign with me". This industry is all about connections people. Stop pitting them against each other. It can be done. It can be a friendly competition. I would like to think enough of us would keep watching without the bitchiness and bullying and mob mentality these hamsters end up with.

Something like that would go along with actually showing them how to model and the like.  I also believe things like this could be done.  As much as the ANTM fb page is not a pretty thing to read, they've said the same things said here and other forums (why aren't the judges giving the girls useful critiques at panel, why aren't they doing challenges that actually revolve around modeling, why aren't there actual photoshoots instead of all of these videos and whatnot, why no runway training, etc, etc, etc).

With all those girls in one place there's no way some drama wouldn't occur but this cycle has seemed sort of forced.  Although let's not forget that the editing is also responsible for how we see some of these hamsters.  CoryAnne did an interview with AfterBuzz and one of the things she said was that during the show she (and the others) were just so stressed out and worn down in the environment.

I know not many people cared for it but I really liked the way Make Me A Supermodel did their show even with Tyson Beckford as one of the hosts.  There was always a runway challenge before panel, challenges resulted in actual work for the winner and such.

Unfortunately, I don't think TPTB are going to pay too much attention to the complaints.  They're already casting for C24 (which will be in L.A.) and all of the current judges are returning.  Heck, there's even a Tatiana connection, since one of the models for her skin butter is going to audition for the upcoming cycle.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Rita Ora cracked me up when she was talking to India about how it's okay to look like someone else and Ora mentioned how she looks like a bunch of famous people.  My thought was, "who?"  And I also can't imagine the paparazzi standing 24/7 outside her home.  Who cares about Rita Ora?  Does anyone really know who she is?

The only person on the panel that I have ever heard of is Ashley.  I've never heard of Paper magazine (and I am a print junkie who subscribes to so many magazines that it eats up a large portion of my disposable income). Never heard of Rita, the dude with the braids or the blonde guy who looks like a lizard. I too, decided to give ANTM another chance now that egotistical Tyra is gone, but it was a very bad decision. While I can't stand Marissa?  I have to give her props for making a very valid point.  She said she didn't enter this competition to show what a good dancer she is.  She wants to be a MODEL. Isn't Model still part of the title of the show??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I refuse to believe that when surprised by a group of photographers on the street that ANY reality show contestant would turn away and hide her face. On the contrary, these girls would be chasing the paps down the street protesting that they were FAMOUS!!!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Qoass said:

I refuse to believe that when surprised by a group of photographers on the street that ANY reality show contestant would turn away and hide her face. On the contrary, these girls would be chasing the paps down the street protesting that they were FAMOUS!!!!

It was actually sad to me that one of them, forget which, it might have been two actually, basically said this is what they want for their lives, to be chased by the photogs. So, that is a life goal now? I am too old to be a member of society anymore. I'm gonna go find me a nice quiet cabin on a mountain somewhere.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

It was actually sad to me that one of them, forget which, it might have been two actually, basically said this is what they want for their lives, to be chased by the photogs. So, that is a life goal now? I am too old to be a member of society anymore. I'm gonna go find me a nice quiet cabin on a mountain somewhere.

If I had the money, that's exactly what I would do!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, waving feather said:

India is not distinctive enough to be a "supermodel" but she's a great model because her face can take make-up really well and she can pull off many different kind of looks. If you look through her ANTM portfolio, she's not one-note at all. Just compare and contrast her photo this week and the Katy Perry one last week. Same face, really different looks/vibes. 

 

India is pretty, but that's it.  To me she looks basic, white girl, Wonder bread with mayo.  Also, she looks too much like Gigi Hadid.

Quote

It was actually sad to me that one of them, forget which, it might have been two actually, basically said this is what they want for their lives, to be chased by the photogs. So, that is a life goal now? I am too old to be a member of society anymore. I'm gonna go find me a nice quiet cabin on a mountain somewhere.

For me it would have to be on the beach.  I do think this is a generational thing though; so many young women and girls want to be famous, it's all about who has more followers on Instagram/Twitter/Youtube, who has more friends on Facebook.  The more you have the more "famous" you feel.  

It's like Rita Ora.  I have never heard any song of hers, I've just seen her on red carpets, in the Daily Mail.  But, she's got 11 million Instagram followers.  

Edited by Neurochick

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size