Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Ambush

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Schwartzie and Tequila Katie . . . oy.  Why exactly are they getting a prenup?  Sounds like only their dogs are an issue.  Whatever money they have in separate accounts is considered sole and separate property prior to the marriage.  So their savings accounts pre-marriage should be of no concern.  If they want to continue to keep their finances separate, that's a different ballgame.  I'm guessing they weren't allowed to mention Bravo salary since that would be breaking the fourth wall.   Is Tequila Katie making that much on her blog?   I will say the attorney's reaction to their assets was classic.   Once again, these two should NOT be getting married.

I think it's all about their Bravo salaries and other money Schwartz earns through bar and nightclub appearances and the occasional commercial. The main cast reportedly earns between $200K - $300K. I think it's also about their post Bravo salaries. The original cast really only has 2 or 3 more good years on this show. After that, one of them might be cast on Dancing with the Stars or Celebrity Big Brother (UK). They'll clearly be on Marriage Bootcamp: Reality Stars.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Up is down, down is up, and lawyers are heroes because this week's VPR has me all in the Upside Down. First, I haaaate Ariana but suddenly she's both a national treasure AND the vox populi in not capitulating to Stassi's puerile and unbecoming manipulations--and frankly girl, you're too old to pull this off--and basically cutting her off at the knees. Stassi, you're embarrassing yourself.

Second and far more disturbing, I find myself unexpectedly and distressingly Team James tonight. JUST tonight. But, like, GG put hands on him first, and Jax threw a glass first. James is a dick, but other messy bitches brought their shit to his door, by way of throwing the first punch. James, enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't hate Ariana, but totally agree with the rest. Does Stassi and her crew not realize how fourth-grade their behavior is? Just like when Tom was telling them how fucked up what they did to James was, Kristin is all, "Are you BFFs now?" Do you have to be BFFs to act like a fucking decent human being? As long as Ariana is civil to her, Stassi needs to shut the hell up because that girl is never going to be a part of that posse and doesn't want to be, so why do you care so fucking much about how she feels?

I think Tom Sandoval is a genuinely decent human being and he tries to give James a break because he knows the dude is young and has issues. When he does fucked up shit, I'm sure he says something to him, too.

I'm also glad that Schwartz doesn't co-sign all of Katie's mean girl bullshit and the day she grows the hell up, she will, too.

The ganging up on James and making a scene at his work was all kinds of jacked up and they should be totally ashamed

• Love 9
16 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Katie, shopping is not curating.

This use of "curating" drives me NUTS. I've received training in *actual* curation and, though I realize the use of the term has been broadened recently, especially in marketing circles, it still strikes me as extreme word inflation. I've seen it used on sets of Trader Joe's olive oils, as well as for a *food truck event* (as in "Food trucks curated by..."), not to mention listicles "curated" by Buzzfeed staff. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 4

I love Stassi on her podcast (it sounds like that's the *real* her, I think she's said she amps up the bitch for the show)

Stassi, babe, you are the motherfucking QUEEEN!  who gives a shit what Princess Aboveitall has to say about you?  Worrying about that is *beneath* you!!

(I realize maybe this gets filed under Unpopular Opinions).

I wonder if Stassi would just pretend Ari didn't exist at all, if Ari would care...sometimes that trick works (('ve never been a mean girl but I tend to just "do me" especially when there's girl drama happening).

and, yes, going to harass James at his gig should've been "beneath" the rest of the (supposedly older & more mature) gang.  unless it was producer-driven. 

And dissing Kristen should've been beneath Mama James...

(my posts don't usually have themes.)-

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Best moments of the fight:

"Isn't it a quality of Miss USA (was James's girl a pageant queen???) to be like.....feminism?"    What???

Sandoval : "Go get a drink, you're thirsty as fuck!"    Zing!

James, leaving the bar : "I need my suit jacket, it's Gucci."   Is your sweaty, moth-ridden shirt Prada????

Don't forget interior motives. 

45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

James telling the hypnotherapist that everyone thinks of him as the guy with the perfect hair, hilarious.  

Said no one ever. This line has never been uttered by a human being, ghost, or tall grey.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The lawyer scene only made me laugh because a person who doesn't watch this show came into the room when I was watching it and sat down to let the dog and this awesome exchange happened between them and myself.

"what are you watching?"

"vanderpump rules. It's a show about all these waiters who work at a restaurant and their lives. These two are getting a prenup"

(the lawyer asks what Katie and Tom are worth, the bank accounts etc)

"why are these two getting a prenup when they don't have anything"

"I really don't know"

LOL. My husband overheard the conversation from the other room and called out, "Hey, we have more in our bank accounts than they do; why didn't we get a prenup?"

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Said no one ever. This line has never been uttered by a human being, ghost, or tall grey.

I'm sure his mother's said it about a million times, and after seeing that forehead, I wouldn't rule out her being some type of alien. 

• Love 7

Not to wade into the Ari/Stassi drama too much but people don't have to like each other, that's true.  However, Ariana and Stassi are on the same reality show (I'm sorry, "group of friends"), and have to constantly interact with each other.  I think Stassi was basically trying to say that you talk down to me and are rude, which is basically true.  Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you're basically excused from all types of human decency/manners.  There's nothing wrong with the two of them basically ignoring each other for the various friends' sakes, but you have to at least be civil.  Ariana definitely does not talk in a civil way to Stassi.  Expecting anything more than civility and common courtesy would be silly on Stassi's part.

I was a little surprised at FI Tom - I'm not sure that you get to choose how you feel about something.  You can choose how you react to a situation, and how you handle your response to feelings, but I'm not sure it's accurate to say you can choose how to feel about something.

Being a lawyer myself, I was no surprised by how the guy looked.  Honestly, a lot depends on your location and type of practice, but I know a lot of lawyers who basically wear jeans to work and dress nicer when the occasion calls for it.  I might have chosen to dress a little nicer because I was going to be on tv, but otehrwise, his appearance was not surprising to me.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

Not to wade into the Ari/Stassi drama too much but people don't have to like each other, that's true.  However, Ariana and Stassi are on the same reality show (I'm sorry, "group of friends"), and have to constantly interact with each other.  I think Stassi was basically trying to say that you talk down to me and are rude, which is basically true.  Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you're basically excused from all types of human decency/manners.  There's nothing wrong with the two of them basically ignoring each other for the various friends' sakes, but you have to at least be civil.  Ariana definitely does not talk in a civil way to Stassi.  Expecting anything more than civility and common courtesy would be silly on Stassi's part.

Those are my feelings on it as well. I don't like Stassi as a person and I have no problem if Arianna doesn't want to try and be her BFF. But Ariana takes it too far. Her whole thing is, "I'm so authentic and real". So she thinks if she's not nasty to Stassi, she's being fake. That's such a juvenile mentality. You can be cordial with someone without being untrue to yourself. I think she really likes getting into it with these girls so she can proclaim from her high horse just how much she does not care about them. I don't care for Stassi's sake, but she's making things uncomfortable for all the mutual friends they have. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

I was a little surprised at FI Tom - I'm not sure that you get to choose how you feel about something.  You can choose how you react to a situation, and how you handle your response to feelings, but I'm not sure it's accurate to say you can choose how to feel about something.

Being a lawyer myself, I was no surprised by how the guy looked.  Honestly, a lot depends on your location and type of practice, but I know a lot of lawyers who basically wear jeans to work and dress nicer when the occasion calls for it.  I might have chosen to dress a little nicer because I was going to be on tv, but otehrwise, his appearance was not surprising to me.

I agree but in reverse.

You said it yourself they don't have to be friends, just civil, which Arianna was actually being,

it was Tom S (Coughs) The Producers and Stassi who had an issue, Arianna couldn't care less and that irks them and Stassi's feelings are (playing the worlds tiniest violin) Butt Hurt!

Boo frakkin hoo.

You can't demand human decency without actually displaying some yourself.

• Love 9

This has always been the problem with Ariana, who is marginally better this season. She thinks she's too good for the chucklefucks. Maybe she is, but she's not too good for the money that she gets for hanging out with them. I'm pretty sure someone, LVP or another producer, told her she couldn't have a puss, roll her eyes, and expect to get paid as principal cast.

Last season, she never wanted to be anywhere where Kristen was, which makes sense. However, Kristen always brings it and she's never going to be cut from the cast. I agree that Stassi's point was for Ariana to be civil. Even though most of Ariana's smackdown at the bridal shower was aimed at Stassi, some of it was aimed at Katie, the person Ariana alleged she was there for. Ariana doesn't like the Witches of WeHo and she's not a decent enough actress to fake it. Given that, just try to be civil.

All of this erupted because of Lala. If Ariana had simply said "Lala has said and done shitty things to you Katie. I understand why you would be upset", things might have blown over. It's not a defense of Lala or an excuse. I think Ariana started going down that path, but swiveled by adding that Lala has been good to her. Not the time. Not the place. Katie wants her feelings validated.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I don't hate Ariana, but totally agree with the rest. Does Stassi and her crew not realize how fourth-grade their behavior is? Just like when Tom was telling them how fucked up what they did to James was, Kristin is all, "Are you BFFs now?" Do you have to be BFFs to act like a fucking decent human being? As long as Ariana is civil to her, Stassi needs to shut the hell up because that girl is never going to be a part of that posse and doesn't want to be, so why do you care so fucking much about how she feels?

I think Tom Sandoval is a genuinely decent human being and he tries to give James a break because he knows the dude is young and has issues. When he does fucked up shit, I'm sure he says something to him, too.

I'm also glad that Schwartz doesn't co-sign all of Katie's mean girl bullshit and the day she grows the hell up, she will, too.

The ganging up on James and making a scene at his work was all kinds of jacked up and they should be totally ashamed

Ariana is LVP.  She doesn't have masturbation tapes out there, she doesn't lose her shit (and there were times she could have) she is secure in who she is-like it or not.  She does not believe in the earth scorching arguments and making up. 

Stassi is shit on a shingle -what does she expect from Ariana?  Ariana is being honest she cut herself from the herd.  It doesn't mean she isn't happy for Tom and Katie, it just mean she doesn't want to give up a year of her life to play the reindeer games.  My guess is Ariana is cut from the wedding party.  What dumbshit Katie fails to see is she would be better off trying to maintain couple friends than forcing this group of losers like Stassi and Kristen into her marriage.  

Crazy is as crazy does and Ariana wants no part of it. What is Stassi project next season.

• Love 13

I’m Team Ariana. Stassi had a meltdown by the pool when Scheana and Ariana were speaking to her. She twisted it like she was attacked by wolves. She also went at Ariana at Katie’s bridal shower, Ariana was an invited guest along with many others – it was not just a party for the future bride and her bridesmaids. Ariana has been civil to Stassi.

I’m also Team Sandoval. Kristen, Carter, Jax, Brittany, Scheana were all micced up for the James shit show – not his performance which was a shit show in itself and so entertaining. PS Scheana shouldn’t shade as James Kennedy wrote her last smash hit Shake It. Kristen – if she had moved on and is sooooo happy with Carter she shouldn’t have cared at all. DJ Muppet is already gone from SUR and Pump – so there was no need for them to appear at his new place (residency)

So many of what we see with this group is so fake. They all make tons of money from  appearance fees at various clubs. So the “pre-nup” no way do you only have 4500 dollars in savings if you are claiming to have spent 3800 on Towel-vitations.

Off topic – did any of you ever listen to Pumped Podcast? The last one they did the host Lara and the guy who does the fake commercials got into it. Lara voiced her issue of their show having a different feel since he became friends with Katie and Schwartz. There was definite tension between the 2. So now the Pumped Podcast is no more. Lara has a new podcast called Sexy Unique Podcast.

• Love 9

I'm wondering if Katie and Tom were downplaying their income for the scene. Like not including what they make from the show? Because.. comedy scene! Or something.

I don't really want to harp on Katie's bad behavior because we are kind of seeing her in a stressful situation. Planning a wedding isn't a easy thing to do(I don't know personally but I've seen). Plus tom doesn't seem to be a major help, just constantly asking her how much everything costs. Weddings aren't cheap unless you are doing a civil ceremony. It also bugs me that tom can't just have her back, ever. 

The thing with Ariana and Stassi and why it rubs me the wrong way is that Ariana thinks that her barley acknowledging Stassi and not talking to her is being cordial. It's not. And when she does speak to her, it's in a condescending tone. And yes they don't have to be BFFS but Ariana's tone of voice is rude. 

The thing is, I think a lot of the girls have other stuff going on right now that wasn't featured on the show. I'm not making excuses but since I follow them on social media, I can sort of get why they are acting this way. I think Stassi was dealing with the whole Patrick situation-timelines are confusing on reality shows so it could be wonky- Katie was dealing with wedding planning and Schena was dealing with her marriage aka "Shay being at the studio ".

Maybe everyone in the cast should get a medical marijuana card.

• Love 5

But Jax really needs to stop with the "I support you" crap.

Is this a new thing, where guys have girlfriends or wives and think they support them, even when said women work outside the home? Because that's not really financially taking care of someone IMO. And Jax isn't the first person I've heard talk this way. 

I loved the lawyer; he reminded me of Dick Miller! 

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Is this a new thing, where guys have girlfriends or wives and think they support them, even when said women work outside the home? Because that's not really financially taking care of someone IMO. And Jax isn't the first person I've heard talk this way. 

Well, when you need your SO's card to make a donation ...

• Love 4

I guess we don't know the full story about Jax and Brittany.  I sense she doesn't work a ton - but the bigger issue is that I don't think she wants to.  I'd need to know for sure before weighing in on what Jax expects from Brittany and she from him.  Still, it's a bad, bad look for Jax. 

Maybe Jax and Brittany and Schwartzie and Tequila Katie could get a group discount on couples counseling. All need a boost in the communications department.

The lawyer was a hoot.  I'm of a certain age and have learned the hard way that when shit hits the fan, people don't often act the same when things are running smoothly.  I'm not sure people change, but when young, we haven't had time or occasion to see all the faces of our partners.  Pre-nups are always good because of this, IMO.  It's not about lack of love or a level of distrust, it's more about the unknown.

T&K may be as poor as church mice but that may not always be the case.  Smart decision in general.  Plus, I could them squabbling about minor things should they divorce in a year or two. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Jextella said:

The lawyer was a hoot.  I'm of a certain age and have learned the hard way that when shit hits the fan, people don't often act the same when things are running smoothly.  I'm not sure people change, but when young, we haven't had time or occasion to see all the faces of our partners.  Pre-nups are always good because of this, IMO.  T&K maybe as poor as church mice but that may not always be the case. 

I think that someone pointed out to Tom that if Katie was this angry when she was "happily" planning her wedding that maybe it would be better to have a legal manner of exiting the relationship before she's mad at him in a divorce scenario.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Seriously and Jax acts like he's got Brit living in the lap of luxury instead of some tiny apartment. It's nice if he's picking up most of the bills but I'm sure she contributes some. Don't move a young girl from Kentucky into your apartment and then bitch about how you're paying for everything. But I don't even think he wants her to pay more, he really just wants her to wait on him and be grateful. 

He does make me laugh though, talking about how they're cutting out all junk food as he unpacks a bag of Tostitos from the groceries, ha. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm sure his mother's said it about a million times, and after seeing that forehead, I wouldn't rule out her being some type of alien. 

Does anyone else think DJ Muppet Baby's mother resembles Kristen?

• Love 2
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Does anyone else think DJ Muppet Baby's mother resembles Kristen?

The muppet does. He said so last season.

Kristen also revealed last season that James' mom stole Kristen's credit card number and charged $400 of botox to it. These two are the same person.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, racked said:

Seriously and Jax acts like he's got Brit living in the lap of luxury instead of some tiny apartment. It's nice if he's picking up most of the bills but I'm sure she contributes some. Don't move a young girl from Kentucky into your apartment and then bitch about how you're paying for everything. But I don't even think he wants her to pay more, he really just wants her to wait on him and be grateful. 

Even if she doesn't "work" in the traditional sense, she's pulling decent money from being on the show. Are we supposed to pretend these kids are planning $20K weddings and jetting off cross-country every weekend on waitstaff wages? I have to agree that Jax probably wants to pay for everything, maybe so he feels a sense of control or maybe to dispel Stassi's claims that she paid for everything when they were together. Whatever the case, it's hard to suspend disbelief when I know they aren't solely surviving off Sur's payroll. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This has always been the problem with Ariana, who is marginally better this season. She thinks she's too good for the chucklefucks. Maybe she is, but she's not too good for the money that she gets for hanging out with them. I'm pretty sure someone, LVP or another producer, told her she couldn't have a puss, roll her eyes, and expect to get paid as principal cast.

Last season, she never wanted to be anywhere where Kristen was, which makes sense. However, Kristen always brings it and she's never going to be cut from the cast. I agree that Stassi's point was for Ariana to be civil. Even though most of Ariana's smackdown at the bridal shower was aimed at Stassi, some of it was aimed at Katie, the person Ariana alleged she was there for. Ariana doesn't like the Witches of WeHo and she's not a decent enough actress to fake it. Given that, just try to be civil.

All of this erupted because of Lala. If Ariana had simply said "Lala has said and done shitty things to you Katie. I understand why you would be upset", things might have blown over. It's not a defense of Lala or an excuse. I think Ariana started going down that path, but swiveled by adding that Lala has been good to her. Not the time. Not the place. Katie wants her feelings validated.

I don't see Ariana as not buying into Stassi BS as not being civil.  Ariana was tasked by LVP to bring an accord between Lala and the rest of the SUR staff.  Stassi, and it was none of her business went apeshit over Scheana and Arianas response to trying to broker an accord.  There is no reasoning with the drunks on this show. 

I cannot even fathom why Stassi, other than she thinks she owns the turf in New Orleans would want to go in late July.  Absolutely miserable weather. but she won't hear anything other than her own voice.  That is what I think Ariana objects to. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I blame Schwartz for the crash and burn whine painting party.  Everyone was being civil, enjoying the painting and then he HAS to ask if everybody is okay with one another.  Why? Just keep your mouth shut and go with the girls not talking to each other.

For me, Stassi handled herself in a polite way and Princess Aboveitall took her "honesty" to a rude level. Neither are sincere, they're not going to be besties, but if you agree to go out socially....Make an effort.

Princess Aboveitall cares.  She cares very much.  IMHO, someone who doesn't care, doesn't make an effort to be a jerk.  She knows how Stassi operates, so why give her drama ammunition?  You truly don't care, than you make enough effort to be socially fun and civil.  If you can't?  Cancel going to the event with a braid emergency.....

Otherwise, as I'm sure we will see, Princess Aboveitall just bought herself a lot of unnecessary grief and drama.  The kind of person who truly doesn't care wouldn't do that to themselves.

I've done girls night out with the painting glass stuff and it's so relaxing.  Maybe if Schwartz had just let sleeping bitches lie, we could have had a fun scene.  

Obviously they didn't smoke pot before they went painting. I want to see them high.  I don't know why, but I do.

Edited by dosodog
marijuana
  • Love 7

Where did they find that "lawyer"?  Nearby homeless shelter?  Street corner?  

I now realize why this show is so popular.  You can watch & ask -- this is a lawyer?  You might say -- I dress & look better than that.  And you can ask -- Schwartz & Katie are worth only that much?   You can say -- I'm worth more than that.  True, you can still be poor & dress like crap . . . but you're better off than the chucklefucks, so that's something.  Isn't it?

The building they were in was the Beverly Hills Bar Association.  One of the services they offer is a lawyer referral service, so I'm assuming Katie and Schwartz called them and asked for a family lawyer and this was the lawyer they were paired up with.   They used one of the meeting rooms for their consultation.   I'm a lawyer in LA myself that's why my interest was piqued as well who this man was!  

They really must live paycheck to paycheck.  I have no idea how they survive in LA with that kind of money in their accounts.   Did they not factor in money from the show?  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Teddybear said:

The building they were in was the Beverly Hills Bar Association.  One of the services they offer is a lawyer referral service, so I'm assuming Katie and Schwartz called them and asked for a family lawyer and this was the lawyer they were paired up with.   They used one of the meeting rooms for their consultation.   I'm a lawyer in LA myself that's why my interest was piqued as well who this man was!  

They really must live paycheck to paycheck.  I have no idea how they survive in LA with that kind of money in their accounts.   Did they not factor in money from the show?  

Seriously, why do these 2 have so little money saved?  Katie is not a struggling waitress, scrounging around for nickel & dime tips.  Schwartz ain't a struggling mactor.  These are established castmembers of a highly rated national cable show.  

What the heck is going on here?  Was that scene totally fake?  Or are Katie & Schwartz spending all their Bravo dough to survive in LA?  Still would love to know how much dough Bravo is throwing at 'em now.

As far as Bravo not paying for the wedding? Hey, they're filming it.  They should be paying for EVERYTHING.  Otherwise, Schwartz & Katie are morons for shelling out ANY of their own dough.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

My heart actually broke in two for Ariana when she mentioned the horse she loved for 22 years.  She may be guarded for television purposes, but that was real.

Ari is confusing me this season.  I thought she was a chucklefuck who was easy to dislike & dismiss as smug & arrogant & ridiculous.  Mostly because she ALWAYS sees herself as above the other chucklefucks -- and she ain't.  She fits right in with this bunch.

And yet here she is this season -- jabbing at Stassi in a thoroughly enjoyable way.  And now in this ep, showing a tendency for very sweet animal love.  I still wanna dislike her cuz she's so fucking arrogant & smug as hell.  Color me confused.  

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

As far as Bravo not paying for the wedding? Hey, they're filming it.  They should be paying for EVERYTHING.  Otherwise, Schwartz & Katie are morons for shelling out ANY of their own dough.

Bravo didn't pay for Scheana & Shay's wedding either.  Scheana hustled and used the fact that the wedding would be on-screen to cut her costs with vendors.  No clue if Katie did the same, but I'm getting the feeling the answer is no (or barely).  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Katie always wants her feelings validated...Stassi always wants to be right. While it's certainly the more diplomatic way to approach the situation, was there ever a point where Katie and Stassi brought up the subject of Ariana/James without coming across as judgmental toward anyone who was willing to be civil towards them, let alone be friend with them? People are more likely to acknowledge your feelings if you aren't trying to make them feel like shit and insinuate something about their character because of the people they associate themselves with. Look no further than Katie's reaction to Scheana saying hello to Lala at work and reciprocating by asking about her weekend. How petty do you have to be to get upset about that...in work setting with a co-worker no less? 

31 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Seriously, why do these 2 have so little money saved?  Katie is not a struggling waitress, scrounging around for nickel & dime tips.  Schwartz ain't a struggling mactor.  These are established castmembers of a highly rated national cable show.  

What the heck is going on here?  Was that scene totally fake?  Or are Katie & Schwartz spending all their Bravo dough to survive in LA?  Still would love to know how much dough Bravo is throwing at 'em now.

I think it's very possible that Bravo may not be footing the bill...or at least not the entire bill. At the end of the day, the VPR cast needs Bravo more than Bravo needs them...I think that if a wedding would be a huge ratings draw for them, then maybe the show would foot the entire bill. Photos have already been released from their wedding so it's not like Bravo had exclusive rights to their wedding (and it's unlikely that someone was going to pay them to feature their wedding as a reality show or even a special feature). I just don't think the ball is in their court to demand full payment for their wedding and by all accounts that I've read, Scheana did in fact pay for her wedding...mostly with money she supposedly got in a settlement. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

At the end of the day, the VPR cast needs Bravo more than Bravo needs them...

That's true, but I wouldn't say Bravo doesn't need the chucklefucks.  If this was the case, they would have recast the chucklefucks (any or all) and/or add more new members to the cast.  Bravo does seem to need them.  And yet it seems like they won't pay 'em big dough.  Or are they?  Sure doesn't seem like it.  And yeah, it really is so murky what exactly (if anything or everything) Bravo is paying of this wedding.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And when [Ariana] does speak to [Stassi], it's in a condescending tone. And yes they don't have to be BFFS but Ariana's tone of voice is rude. 

I agree, but I think that's just Ariana's voice. She sounds condescending/smug/rude with pretty much everyone.

12 hours ago, dosodog said:

Princess Aboveitall cares.  She cares very much.  

Right! She cares the most of all of them tbh. 

I felt for Ariana when she was crying about her horse, but then she had to start talking about the deep connection a horse rider and horse have and it just came off so arrogant. I really can't with her. But I do quite enjoy hating her tbh.

• Love 6

SOOOOOOO...Brittanys Mom is AOK with her girl working at Hooters, flying across the country to live with a guy she met on the internet, shows her boob enhancement to the entire world, and wears dresses that are so low cut you can see everything BUT she's all bothered by the fact Jax may have kissed a guy?? And church will "cure" that I guess? A- It's NONE of Moms business B- she was attacking jax in HIS OWN HOME C- no you can't take your "baby girl" home she's well over 21! I really dislike people like her. Homophobia is NEVER ok and these guys live and work in the center of LAs gay scene. So glad she went back to her own house. Hope we NEVER see her again.

• Love 8
On 1/30/2017 at 9:31 PM, whydoievencare said:

Seeing James's mother - I get why James is such a creep.  She tells him that everyone IS jealous of him (just like James has told everyone all the time)!  Then she says that karma will get Kristin - "she won't be able to have kids".  Who says that?  She's just as poisonous as her evil spawn.  The evil apple does not fall far from the evil tree.

Yeah, A LOT of things fell into place after watching that scene.  

Ariana talking about her horse was probably the one and only time I have ever liked her and then she goes and ruins it by being an asshole at the wine and painting thing.  I'm not the biggest fan of Stassi or anything, but Ariana really fucking sucks. 

Edited by beaker73
Removing offensive language
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

That's true, but I wouldn't say Bravo doesn't need the chucklefucks.  If this was the case, they would have recast the chucklefucks (any or all) and/or add more new members to the cast.  Bravo does seem to need them.  And yet it seems like they won't pay 'em big dough.  Or are they?  Sure doesn't seem like it.  And yeah, it really is so murky what exactly (if anything or everything) Bravo is paying of this wedding.

It's all relative really. LVP's restaurants are really the vehicle for the show. Of course Bravo likes the make up of the show right now but they have a lot more alternative options to replace cast members and move forward with the show than the cast members have of keeping their face on TV. There's a lot of staff that aren't cast regulars that you can tap into. There's also the potential for producer to replace an annoying cast member with a plant to stir up trouble. They might wield more power if the cast collectively made a stand for higher salaries, paying for events, etc. but they can't get along long enough to do that it seems, lol. A 2015 report says that the cast each gets 5K per episode. Doesn't seem like much obviously, but these are people that are hard pressed for cash and all with desires to be part of the upper echelon society of Hollywood...considering the depth of talent that these guys apparently have, they would probably do the show for $5 per episode, lol. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4

That could make sense -- about them making 5 thou (or maybe a bit more) per show.  That would explain why Schwartz & Katie have so little in savings.  I still don't get why Bravo wouldn't pay for everything related to the wedding if it's all being filmed -- and it's the main storyline on the show this season.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

That could make sense -- about them making 5 thou (or maybe a bit more) per show.  That would explain why Schwartz & Katie have so little in savings.  I still don't get why Bravo wouldn't pay for everything related to the wedding if it's all being filmed -- and it's the main storyline on the show this season.

I remember reading somewhere that (Lisa maybe?) didn't want them making millions;  that they at least needed to *appear* to have the life of your average LA-area server

• Love 1

Lala has probably been paid more by her producer boyfriend with a few romps in the hay than the cast has been paid for the duration of their time on the show.  Range Rovers, Louis Vuitton shoes, trips, etc.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I remember reading somewhere that (Lisa maybe?) didn't want them making millions;  that they at least needed to *appear* to have the life of your average LA-area server

I think it was Andy or Bravo who wanted the SURvers to seem authentic.  But I do think the main cast is now paid more than $5,000/episode…they just aren't supposed to fly first class to Bravo events (or the like) to maintain the illusion.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I'm thinking all the show money has been spent on this ridiculous wedding. 

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I felt for Ariana when she was crying about her horse, but then she had to start talking about the deep connection a horse rider and horse have and it just came off so arrogant. I really can't with her. But I do quite enjoy hating her tbh.

It came off the same way as when she was talking about comedy. She's a horse person. Other people may ride, but SHE takes horses very seriously. 

4 hours ago, Jextella said:

Jax and Brittany met on the internet?  And Brittany was living I her home state at the time? 

I believe they met on Instagram? But yea, he flew her out to be with him from Kentucky, but was messing around with Lala leading right up to the moment she arrived. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

It came off the same way as when she was talking about comedy. She's a horse person. Other people may ride, but SHE takes horses very seriously. 

LMAO you are so right. It was just like when she was talking about comedy. As if no one could possible understand these things but her.

• Love 3
On 1/30/2017 at 9:00 PM, ivygirl said:

Also not getting the "dirty pink." Looked fairly purple to me? Does blue make things dirty?

Yes!  Dirty pink is purple!  We have eyes, we see purple!

On 1/30/2017 at 8:31 PM, whydoievencare said:

Seeing James's mother - I get why James is such a creep.  She tells him that everyone IS jealous of him (just like James has told everyone all the time)!  Then she says that karma will get Kristin - "she won't be able to have kids".  Who says that?  She's just as poisonous as her evil spawn.  The evil apple does not fall far from the evil tree.

Ok, so on Stassi's podcast (I think) - Kristen said that a few years ago, when she was dating James, James' mom STOLE HER CREDIT CARD and used it to get botox!!!  She is apparently not well-to-do, like she makes it appear.  She had to steal the credit card of the woman her son was dating, just to get work done.  I can absolutely believe it after seeing her.

On 1/31/2017 at 1:30 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wait a minute, is it possible Schwartzie & Katie are worth so little?  Really?  Do they spend all their Bravo dough?  Or is Bravo still not paying them much?  Seems hard to believe.  That scene didn't make sense.

I have a hunch that Schwartz is actually worth something.  This is simply based on the fact that he comes from a pretty well-off area and his father is a doctor.  Also, he apparently dropped out of medical school, so he must have some money somewhere.  I assume that is why he wants the pre-nup, and there is more to the assets.  He did pull up a screen shot of something, that they did not speak about.  The lawyer just looked at it, and wrote it down.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:15 AM, zoeysmom said:

It will interesting to see if LVP weighs in.

Nothing LVP says or does is interesting to me.  She always tries to weigh in, though.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4
On 1/31/2017 at 2:26 AM, bichonblitz said:

Hey, Stassi. Ariana doesn't like you. You mean nothing in her world. Get over it. 

I wish VPR would stop with the mom's. Not interested in what they have to say. 

And they were in Beverly Hills no less! Maybe that's the best Katie and Schwartz could afford. Although, you would think Lisa, with all her connections, could refer them to the best lawyer in town.

Who's to say that this guy isn't the best lawyer in town?  Just because he's not a good looking, polished, fake looking guy doesn't mean he's nor a great lawyer.  What does his appearance have to do with his competence as an attorney?  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I felt for Ariana when she was crying about her horse, but then she had to start talking about the deep connection a horse rider and horse have and it just came off so arrogant. I really can't with her. But I do quite enjoy hating her TBH.

If Ariana likes horses and is serious about comedy, do you think she enjoys watching Mr Ed?

10 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

SOOOOOOO...Brittanys Mom is AOK with her girl working at Hooters, flying across the country to live with a guy she met on the internet, shows her boob enhancement to the entire world, and wears dresses that are so low cut you can see everything BUT she's all bothered by the fact Jax may have kissed a guy?? And church will "cure" that I guess? A- It's NONE of Moms business B- she was attacking jax in HIS OWN HOME C- no you can't take your "baby girl" home she's well over 21! I really dislike people like her. Homophobia is NEVER ok and these guys live and work in the center of LAs gay scene. So glad she went back to her own house. Hope we NEVER see her again.

I'm not willing to call her "homophobic" because  the term's overused and become meaningless, but Brittany's mother might be concerned Jax might leave her daughter for another man, but that should be the LEAST of her worries about Jax.

• Love 2

I don't think "homophobic" is overused or meaningless. Homophobia is real & serious & ugly.  Church Momma gave us a view of it that sure was ugly.  Hopefully we won't be seeing her or her vile homophobia again.  I got the awful feeling Britney believes in the same ugly homophobia as her Church Momma.  I am definitely giving Britney a very suspicious side-eye on why the fuck she's in LA & why she continues to live with (and live off) Jax.

It could be true the lawyer is competent.  His looks don't inspire much confidence for me.  But if he were recommended by someone I trust, I wouldn't pay any attention to his appearance.  Still, just going by his looks, it gave me a giggle that a chucklefuck could be searching out a lawyer from the nearby homeless shelter.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

I guess I'm weird then, the way somebody looks doesn't matter to me at all. I sure wouldn't turn anybody like an attorney away because of their appearance.  If they were in an appearance based profession like modeling, that's different but in any other profession I don't care how somebody looks. 

• Love 2