Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Ambush

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes!  Dirty pink is purple!  We have eyes, we see purple!

I have a hunch that Schwartz is actually worth something.  This is simply based on the fact that he comes from a pretty well-off area and his father is a doctor.  Also, he apparently dropped out of medical school, so he must have some money somewhere.  I assume that is why he wants the pre-nup, and there is more to the assets.  He did pull up a screen shot of something, that they did not speak about.  The lawyer just looked at it, and wrote it down.

Nothing LVP says or does is interesting to me.  She always tries to weigh in, though.

Schwartz father is a retired Minneapolis police detective.  I believe his parents moved to Florida after his father retired. Schwartz has triplet younger brothers.  I believe when they had the engagement party Schwartz mentioned this and I got the impression they weren't up for a trip to California.  Schwart was never in med school.  Like so many before him he declared himself pre-med which is very different than being in med school.

I think all these folks are wise to plan ahead in the off chance they hit it big in the future.  I see the love level between Katie and Schwartz below the Shay/Scheana level.  We all know how that ended. 

LVP has weighed in when the chuckleheads have created a disturbance at a venue not owned by her as she feels they are representatives of her empire.  Without LVP there is no show.  it would be just a bunch of reality stars screwing around. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Both Toms are Tom S.  Do you mean FI Tom or Schwartz?

I meant Katie's better half but had a massive brain fart on the spelling of Schwartz so just went with S.

Sandoval is spelt like it sounds so I tend to refer to him by his surname.

(of course; it does not escape me that you would have to read me to know how I refer to them individually)

*smiles sheepishly*

Muppet James' girlfriend is an idiot.  She shoulda told Scheana to fuck off & mind her own business.  

I'm not on the side of the coven, in their targeting Scheana, cuz that is some seriously mean shit.  But Scheana's ridiculous hypocrisy is bugging the absolute piss outta me.

• Love 3

I don't have much in the way of assets, but I would get a prenup to protect my 401k and other retirement assets, even though those accounts are embarrassingly small right now.  Also, I'm a lawyer.  If I were meeting with clients, I would be wearing a suit (I dress business casual when I'm in the office and not seeing clients), but the guy seemed knowledgeable (and is maybe a solo practitioner who doesn't have a boss to enforce a dress code), so his appearance didn't bother me. 

• Love 5

I watched the scene with the lawyer again.  I'm a lawyer too & I thought he seemed to know his shit.  But this is reality TV & it's all too easy to get misled by what we see.

There are plenty of extremely competent lawyers around, with excellent reps, who may look . . . er, "eccentric" or may not fit the image some have of a slick attorney.  Competency is what counts in the end.  That's what you're hiring a lawyer for -- his/her knowledge, competency & expertise.  Anything else is usually (but not always) irrelevant bullshit.

My hunch is this lawyer was hired purposely to give us a giggle -- precisely because of his kinda shabby appearance.  Was it manipulative of the producers to do this?  Yup, but I don't care.  Worked for me.  Gave me a giggle.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Sun-Bun said:

No lie: I burst out laughing when DJ James started in on his darling little rap number at his big gig. It was just so delightfully awful in that 1990's David Silver from "Beverly Hills 90210" sort of way---fascinatingly embarrassing and hilarious all at once:

Now if only he'd thrown in a cover of "Be My Love", it'd have been perfection.

PERFECT throwback/analogy!  But unlike dorky David Silver - who actually grew into somewhat of a hottie later in life - I predict DJ James Kennedy will be a twerp in perpetuity. 

For some reason this also made me think of David what's-his-name from the original Real World New Orleans and his skee-do-bopp-bopp singing of "Come on Be my Baby Tonight."  Oh sometimes these reality shows just hit on unintentional comedy GOLD!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, OnceSane said:

This cracks me up so much.  Once Stassi went on her apology tour, the Coven couldn't crawl back up her ass fast enough.  But not Ariana.  She gives no fucks, and gives no fucks about giving no fucks.  As long as Stassi doesn't try to do comedy, Ariana is perfectly happy staying in her lane.

My arthritic 93 year old grandma could take James…then again, she's former military.

So glad Schwartz and TK have a prenup!  Now they don't have to argue over who gets the last moldy gummy bear under the couch when they split up a year from now.

I think FI Tom is still friends with James because they were friends before the show and he's not willing to throw their friendship away for a mostly-scripted reality show.  It would be almost touching if James wasn't such an unmitigated douche.  And I LOVED Tom during the shopping excursion.  Him faking tears to get a vest had me rolling; especially when he ragged on Schwartz having tears as his kryptonite.

I think that is a fair point.  I'd actually forgotten that James and Sandovahl used to be good friends before he started banging Kristen. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, dosodog said:

For me, Stassi handled herself in a polite way and Princess Aboveitall took her "honesty" to a rude level. Neither are sincere, they're not going to be besties, but if you agree to go out socially....Make an effort.

Princess Aboveitall cares.  She cares very much.  IMHO, someone who doesn't care, doesn't make an effort to be a jerk.  She knows how Stassi operates, so why give her drama ammunition?  You truly don't care, than you make enough effort to be socially fun and civil.  If you can't?  Cancel going to the event with a braid emergency.....

I saw it differently, I suppose.  I saw Ariana content in her painting (and sipping) and happily ignoring Stassi. She wasn't rude; she was simply indifferent.  I think it's beyond Stassi's scope of comprehension that a) Ari doesn't give a shit about her and b) somebody CAN actively dislike her without screeching at her like a banshee and try to humiliate her in public (aka: Stassi's past M.O.)

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:43 PM, walnutqueen said:

My heart actually broke in two for Ariana when she mentioned the horse she loved for 22 years.  She may be guarded for television purposes, but that was real.

Agreed.  I think that was one reason I could never fully get on board the Lala hate train, either.  Girl might have been fake is some ways, but her love for her dog was authentic.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, Hiacios said:

F**k Ariana Madix, Tom Sandoval, and Lala Kent! 

Those 3 get on my f**king nerves! They are self-righteous sociopaths who I will hate to no end.

....Kristin? That you girl? 

j/k.  Well at least you don't have to worry about Lala anymore.  Pretty sure she's done with the show for now.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
On 1/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, HunterHunted said:

I think it's all about their Bravo salaries and other money Schwartz earns through bar and nightclub appearances and the occasional commercial. The main cast reportedly earns between $200K - $300K. I think it's also about their post Bravo salaries. The original cast really only has 2 or 3 more good years on this show. After that, one of them might be cast on Dancing with the Stars or Celebrity Big Brother (UK). They'll clearly be on Marriage Bootcamp: Reality Stars.

Oh that's funny...Marrige Bootcamp: Reality Stars. I can actually picture that. 

21 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think that is a fair point.  I'd actually forgotten that James and Sandovahl used to be good friends before he started banging Kristen. 

I saw it differently, I suppose.  I saw Ariana content in her painting (and sipping) and happily ignoring Stassi. She wasn't rude; she was simply indifferent.  I think it's beyond Stassi's scope of comprehension that a) Ari doesn't give a shit about her and b) somebody CAN actively dislike her without screeching at her like a banshee and try to humiliate her in public (aka: Stassi's past M.O.)

Agreed.  I think that was one reason I could never fully get on board the Lala hate train, either.  Girl might have been fake is some ways, but her love for her dog was authentic.

j/k.  Well at least you don't have to worry about Lala anymore.  Pretty sure she's done with the show for now.

By now these people should be catching onto indifference.  Of all the reactions that is the hardest for a person like Stassi to grasp because she just isn't all that important in these peoples lives.  Ariana is a little intense but maybe that comes with the discipline it takes to ride horses.  At best Stassi and Kristen could be described as undisciplined. 

I agree with Lala, if her personal life is more important than the reality TV show she should leave.  Stassi and Kristen whining about how they put their lives out there doesn't mean Lala wants to. 

What I don't understand about Kristen, Katie and Stassi is why they don't stop to think that outing the identity of married man who may or may not be involved with Lala is a good idea.  Think of the guys wife and kid-they don't deserve that from these chuckleheads.  Is just to get even with her for the "summer bodies" comment?  Geez grow up and learn a little about the dangers of slander.  See Joanna Krupa vs. Brandi Glanville.

• Love 5
On 2017-02-01 at 5:43 PM, heatherchandler said:

Yes!  Dirty pink is purple!  We have eyes, we see purple!

Ok, so on Stassi's podcast (I think) - Kristen said that a few years ago, when she was dating James, James' mom STOLE HER CREDIT CARD and used it to get botox!!!  She is apparently not well-to-do, like she makes it appear.  She had to steal the credit card of the woman her son was dating, just to get work done.  I can absolutely believe it after seeing her.

I have a hunch that Schwartz is actually worth something.  This is simply based on the fact that he comes from a pretty well-off area and his father is a doctor.  Also, he apparently dropped out of medical school, so he must have some money somewhere.  I assume that is why he wants the pre-nup, and there is more to the assets.  He did pull up a screen shot of something, that they did not speak about.  The lawyer just looked at it, and wrote it down.

Nothing LVP says or does is interesting to me.  She always tries to weigh in, though.

I didn't know that about Schwartz. If he comes from a well to do family, perhaps his prenup idea has just as much to do with future inheritance as it does with future employment opportunities and not so much about their current finances now. We haven't really seen Schwartz spend frivolously or get caught up with fancy things so many he is in fact a more cautious spender and that isn't just an angle being to create friction between himself and his fiancee who thinks spending $18 on ugly tea towels is cool.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, kdl88 said:

I don't have much in the way of assets, but I would get a prenup to protect my 401k and other retirement assets, even though those accounts are embarrassingly small right now.  Also, I'm a lawyer.  If I were meeting with clients, I would be wearing a suit (I dress business casual when I'm in the office and not seeing clients), but the guy seemed knowledgeable (and is maybe a solo practitioner who doesn't have a boss to enforce a dress code), so his appearance didn't bother me. 

Good point about the retirement assets!

The lawyer that Schwartz and Katie went to is in a historically significant and architecturally interesting building (i.e. rent is not peanuts) and he went to decent schools -- UCLA and Layola Law.  He's probably pretty decent.  In my experience with solo practices and small firms in the LA area is that they are casual and only dress up when they have to -- just like almost everyone else in LA.

On 2/4/2017 at 2:44 PM, Duke2801 said:

PERFECT throwback/analogy!  But unlike dorky David Silver - who actually grew into somewhat of a hottie later in life - I predict DJ James Kennedy will be a twerp in perpetuity. 

For some reason this also made me think of David what's-his-name from the original Real World New Orleans and his skee-do-bopp-bopp singing of "Come on Be my Baby Tonight."  Oh sometimes these reality shows just hit on unintentional comedy GOLD!

Nope, I don't like Kristin either as I think that she is a drunk and a troublemaker. I just listed the 3 I really detest on the show. FYI I'm a man. 

I rewatched the fight at James' new DJ digs. He absolutely throws something at Jax. You can see its shadow as it approaches the wall behind Jax.

While GG and Ellie were being extra and trying to start something, James always uses really fucked up language when he's upset with women. He called them ugly, dumpy, disgusting looking and sluts. He goes to insults about their looks and sexuality first and that speaks to how he fundamentally doesn't respect women. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I rewatched the fight at James' new DJ digs. He absolutely throws something at Jax. You can see its shadow as it approaches the wall behind Jax.

While GG and Ellie were being extra and trying to start something, James always uses really fucked up language when he's upset with women. He called them ugly, dumpy, disgusting looking and sluts. He goes to insults about their looks and sexuality first and that speaks to how he fundamentally doesn't respect women. 

The big question, and Sandoval has brought this up, why do these lesser players want to cop to the fact they have had sex with James?  Sandoval was correct they knew James had a girlfriend. The whole ambush thing was so low brow.  Tom also mentioned there was an ambush in place had he and Ariana decided to attend Kristen's comedy show.  I thought Tom handled it well, he said he can't ever remember Kristen saying anything funny but gave her props for numerous kind things she had done for family and friends.  As in helping them out.

The losers and I put Scheana at the top of the list were those who went to screw up James' moment.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The big question, and Sandoval has brought this up, why do these lesser players want to cop to the fact they have had sex with James?  Sandoval was correct they knew James had a girlfriend. The whole ambush thing was so low brow.  Tom also mentioned there was an ambush in place had he and Ariana decided to attend Kristen's comedy show.  I thought Tom handled it well, he said he can't ever remember Kristen saying anything funny but gave her props for numerous kind things she had done for family and friends.  As in helping them out.

The losers and I put Scheana at the top of the list were those who went to screw up James' moment.

Money!!!! They see all of the money that the cast makes from their salaries and club appearances. If Scheana, Katie, and maybe even James are making $300K a year, I can see how Ellie and GG are willing to reverse cowgirl their way into a paycheck. James managed to fuck his way into the main cast by banging Kristen. I'm sure they'd be happy with Peter type money. Ellie and GG have to really work at SUR for a living. If you decide that your self respect is worth less than money, then go for it.

Kristen and Jax have already established that they hate James. There are story reasons for them being there. It's part of their ongoing arcs. They mostly stayed out of the fray, which more mature than I expected from them. 

Scheana had no business being there.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Money!!!! They see all of the money that the cast makes from their salaries and club appearances. If Scheana, Katie, and maybe even James are making $300K a year, I can see how Ellie and GG are willing to reverse cowgirl their way into a paycheck. James managed to fuck his way into the main cast by banging Kristen. I'm sure they'd be happy with Peter type money. Ellie and GG have to really work at SUR for a living. If you decide that your self respect is worth less than money, then go for it.

Kristen and Jax have already established that they hate James. There are story reasons for them being there. It's part of their ongoing arcs. They mostly stayed out of the fray, which more mature than I expected from them. 

Scheana had no business being there.

Good answer!!! Imagine the embarrassment when you don't get the job and you not just have admitted but memorialized sleeping with James.

I do not understand why Kristen keeps going after old boyfriends and why the next biyfriend tolerates it.  All it does is leave the door open for the guy to cheat since Kristen is still obsessing on former boyfriends. 

• Love 1