Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

So Carly and Evan are over.

I don't know why she was ever with him to begin with. I thought he was geekily unattractive.  He acted weird too. There was nothing appealing about him. I feel sorry for her, bc I think she is sorry.

The news about Evan and Carly didn't surprise me. Carly simply wanted to get married and have a child. She saw Evan as her last chance. You don't certainly turn on a dime about someone like Carly did in BIP. I feel for the kids.

• Love 7
On 12/27/2020 at 1:59 AM, waving feather said:

Divorces happen but I'm actually curious the reason they are getting one when their second baby just barely turned one. It just seems like such bad timing and hard for the mother because in most cases the mother is the main caregiver. What's the rush that they have to get it done now; they are already living separately anyway. 

My cynical self thinks there's someone in the wings waiting to be the replacement spouse and that's why there's a rush.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Yay for Mikey T!  I hope this works out for him. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9097683/The-Bachelorettes-Mikey-Tenerelli-engaged-Kate-Wood-snowy-snap-Best-day-life.html

He was such a sweetie on BIP, to Clare especially, even though she wasn't really into him.  I think they did a "Hot Yoga" date.  he was a big goofball, but seemed to have a big heart too. 

And he's NOT with a girl from the franchise!  *LOL* 

• Love 4
On 12/27/2020 at 2:59 AM, waving feather said:

Divorces happen but I'm actually curious the reason they are getting one when their second baby just barely turned one. It just seems like such bad timing and hard for the mother because in most cases the mother is the main caregiver. What's the rush that they have to get it done now; they are already living separately anyway. 

Carly posted a recent video on her YouTube channel about her first Christmas since the separation and so I went back to watch two videos they posted about their BIP journey just 2 months back. It's puzzling unless they were faking it back then. Anyway, my main takeaway from those videos is that it's very important for couples and spouses to respect each other and also equally important, to talk about each other respectfully in front of others. Carly seemed adamant in those videos to make sure everyone knows she really wasn't into Evan in the beginning. That could happen but her insistence on repeating it and thinking it's something hilarious to share is weird to me. It would grate after some time surely. I wouldn't feel good if my spouse goes around saying that to other people repeatedly, no matter how much there is love now. It's just for their ego.

I think they've been faking for awhile. Before the baby announcment, they appeared on one of the finales or special shows. I think Jade and Tanner were with them also. You could clearly see the differences between the 2 couples. Evan and Carly looked miserable together and didn't touch. Tanner and Jade were glued together and held hands entire time.

After what ever show that was I thought they were done, but then came the baby announcement not long after.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I think they've been faking for awhile. Before the baby announcment, they appeared on one of the finales or special shows. I think Jade and Tanner were with them also. You could clearly see the differences between the 2 couples. Evan and Carly looked miserable together and didn't touch. Tanner and Jade were glued together and held hands entire time.

After what ever show that was I thought they were done, but then came the baby announcement not long after.

Evan’s thinks they separated in 2019 when she was pregnant with baby #2. 
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-nations-evan-bass-carly-waddell-allegedly-split-in-2019/

What a crappy thing for his ex to do. He is the father of her children. If he wanted the details of his split with his current wife private, why would she not respect that? Apparently she went to RS with the news a month before Carly gave birth to her son. Steve refused to spill it then, which actually changes my opinion of him slightly. 

I know we all eat this gossip up, but unless Evan told his ex go ahead and spill the truth, what she’s doing is disgusting. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 3

I wonder if Evan's first wife has beef with Carly, so she spilled the beans just as Carly got started on her social media sympathy tour. Or she has some kind of agreement with Evan, where Evan wants that information released but doesn't want to look like the bad guy by doing it himself. Either way, it's really classless of her. Her children with Evan are in the middle of this, so she should keep quiet for their sake.

• Love 6

If what Evan's ex said is true about Carly and Evan not living together since before their 2nd child is born, that's just wild. Up until a month ago, Carly has been posting coupley content on social media. These people are just too much. Waiting until it's finalised to announce is perfectly fine, but the effort it takes to put up a facade to appear SM perfect is another level.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She is a wretched human. I’m watching BIP Season 3 right now where they supposedly “fell in love” and she has nothing but disdain for him. I assume she barely tolerated him for two years and then when they were forced to co-parent through Covid she couldn’t fake it any more. Those are 5 kids who are never going to have functional relationships as adults. What disgusting parental figures to model. 

• Love 10

Carly sucks but Evan seems like a flake to me too. It's not forgotten that his ex-wife said he rarely saw his children even before he was with Carly. Both of them giant red flags. I feel sorry for the kids,  especially the older ones who can read all the dirty laundry in the media.

• Love 3

https://people.com/tv/carly-waddell-evan-bass-split-we-tried-really-long-time/
Carly says they have been in therapy for a long time and really tried to make it work.   She said that she would never stop trying, so if he wanted out, he would have to make the call.  And he did.   The timing is really weird.  He asked for a divorce at Thanksgiving in the house she bought in October.    Why did she buy a house if she didn’t know the marriage was over?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

She's been an attention whore since day 1.  She was supposedly a "singer" on a cruise ship, but couldn't carry a tune if it was in a bucket.  We found that out on Chris's season, when the ladies had to write & perform a song for him. 

Her entire shallow, superficial, vain, pathetic, selfish and egotistical life, including marrying weanie-man and spitting out her first kid pre-marriage has all been just a desperate cry of "LOOK AT ME, DAMMIT!"  Sadly, she'll probably raise her 2 kids to be just like her and always look for the easy way. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

Out of curiosity and boredom, I listened to the interview RS had with Evan's ex, Marie. It wasn't that bad actually. She's much nicer about everything and less trashier than Tayshia's ex, for sure. I felt that her intention for speaking out wasn't to trash Carly but to speak up for Evan. She claimed he is heartbroken by the whole situation and really loved and adored Carly. But he won't make any public statement so she felt the need to speak up for him. Granted, she should not involve herself in this business but I was expecting Tayshia's ex-husband level of mess and shadiness.

The only interesting new info was her saying that their boys had Bachelor watch parties when Evan was on BIP and was shocked and saddened how Carly spoke about their father on the show. I mean, understandable. Carly has a mean streak.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 6
On 1/5/2021 at 10:12 PM, waving feather said:

Out of curiosity and boredom, I listened to the interview RS had with Evan's ex, Marie. It wasn't that bad actually. She's much nicer about everything and less trashier than Tayshia's ex, for sure. I felt that her intention for speaking out wasn't to trash Carly but to speak up for Evan. She claimed he is heartbroken by the whole situation and really loved and adored Carly. But he won't make any public statement so she felt the need to speak up for him. Granted, she should not involve herself in this business but I was expecting Tayshia's ex-husband level of mess and shadiness.

I listened to it and agree.  I think Evan gave her tacit approval to go on the podcast because it was right after the poor, poor, pitiful me* YouTube video Carly posted on Christmas.   

*apologies to the late great Warren Zevon for associating you with BIP  

• Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, leighdear said:

She was supposedly a "singer" on a cruise ship, but couldn't carry a tune if it was in a bucket.  We found that out on Chris's season, when the ladies had to write & perform a song for him. 

Wasn't her "out of the limo intro" (or whatever it's called) her doing some lame song?

• Love 2
On 1/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, waving feather said:

he only interesting new info was her saying that their boys had Bachelor watch parties when Evan was on BIP and was shocked and saddened how Carly spoke about their father on the show. I mean, understandable. Carly has a mean streak.

That is kind of heartbreaking to me. That 1. they had to hear someone trashing their dad like that and 2. that their dad up and married the bitch. I've never liked Evan but I flat out hated Carly on all her turns in the the Franchise. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I bet if Wells was marrying another Bachelor Family has-been, he'd do the televised (and comped) wedding in a heartbeat. But he's marrying a legitimate celebrity who was on a hugely successful sitcom for 11 years; I'm sure she never even entertained the idea of a BIP wedding.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m glad Sarah is doing well. I know she’s had a hard time with two kidney transplants. 

Right! Wells may be engaged and committed to a famous actress, but she has had lots of health challenges in her young life and Wells is still there as an amazing and rare partner. That is true love and commitment that is deeper than the Bachelor franchise.
Besides, nothing ends well for people expressing their everlasting love on any of the Bachelor nation shows. It’s a long list but I’m too tired to take a stab at it (wine may or may not have been involved).

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Right! Wells may be engaged and committed to a famous actress, but she has had lots of health challenges in her young life and Wells is still there as an amazing and rare partner. That is true love and commitment that is deeper than the Bachelor franchise.

I'm not criticizing Wells as a parter at all - I hope my comment wasn't taken that way - I just noticed that he has gone through quarantine at least twice now to make brief appearances on the Bachelorette and Bachelor, so he's obviously still very attached to the franchise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm not criticizing Wells as a parter at all - I hope my comment wasn't taken that way - I just noticed that he has gone through quarantine at least twice now to make brief appearances on the Bachelorette and Bachelor, so he's obviously still very attached to the franchise.

Not only does it likely pay him well (no pun intended) to do guest stints and keep up his recognition for his BIP bartender gig, but he’s also good friends with Chris Harrison, several former franchise stars and contestants, and a few producers. I think he enjoys being a part of Bachelor Nation in this capacity, both professionally and personally. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t really care about most of this article, but apparently Dylan and Hannah G are still engaged.  

Seems like a weird combination but not as weird as the Cateyln and Dean relationship. But, given the length of time outside of the spotlight and they are still with each other gives me hope for their futures.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

So, David Spade is going to be the host of Bachelor in Paradise.  Just shoot me!

David Spade is a very odd choice (although Just Shoot Me! Is one of my favorite shows).

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

This is going to end up like those lame After the ATFR segments with "super fans" Jenny Mollen and Jason Biggs.  Chris Harrison is far from perfect, just like the rest of us, but it's amazing that he could work for so many years to make this franchise a huge success and then be thrown to the curb for one mistake.  

• Love 16
(edited)

Oh, god. David Spade hosted the aftershow/reunion for “The Circle” and totally ruined it. We don’t need someone trying so hard to be funny. The beauty of Paradise is that they pretend to take it so seriously that the comedy is tongue in cheek. Though, I suppose it’s all been downhill since the PA Ryan S*** (or whatever his name was) re-enactment of jumping off of contestant Michelle’s (not Money) balcony and breaking both ankles. That was the ultimate in highbrow comedy right there!

ETA: I found the clip. It’s Ryan Putz, not S***, lol. Close enough!

Ryan Putz Re-enactment

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/3/2021 at 7:50 PM, Adeejay said:

So, David Spade is going to be the host of Bachelor in Paradise.  Just shoot me!

YUCK!  he is awful.  Be prepared for a lot of inappropriate references to who has sex with whom, where and what kind.  I can't stand him. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I hate his smug face and sardonic attitude schtick. It’s so old. 

I never understood how he managed to have a career in entertainment for so long. He doesn't have good looks, charm, or wit.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4