Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m genuinely curious if any person who’s ever appeared on the bachelor franchise has a current job ? Every one of their instagrams is them selling ads and/or traveling to amazing looking places . As much as I make fun of them for willing to be portrayed as hot messes on the show , I can’t help but want to join and not work another day in my life like them. ( I wonder if the fact that I’m married will put a damper on my audition .)

I just got a decent webcam and am in the process of starting a YouTube channel. There is the possibility of having a good second income stream with it.

• Love 1

I think leads like Becca are on a retainer or something and get residual income from the franchise. And yes, you can make a lot of money on social media. 500k plus followers mean you will get ad deals. It’s much cheaper to pay someone on Instagram 25k to mention your product than using traditional advertising. A smart Instagrammer will spend time responding to their subs, which increases views and builds loyalty. They actually do put in the hours, but talk about working smart. I’m pretty sure Jade and Carly make at least four times what I make in probably the same time worked.

i am envious. But damn, what an opportunity for younger people today.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, waving feather said:

I feel sad for Jade reading this post. Not because of the struggles of being a mom, but because the way she is writing like she doesn't have a spouse to share the burden.

Wow, she does sound like a single mom in that post. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I think leads like Becca are on a retainer or something and get residual income from the franchise. And yes, you can make a lot of money on social media. 500k plus followers mean you will get ad deals. It’s much cheaper to pay someone on Instagram 25k to mention your product than using traditional advertising. A smart Instagrammer will spend time responding to their subs, which increases views and builds loyalty. They actually do put in the hours, but talk about working smart. I’m pretty sure Jade and Carly make at least four times what I make in probably the same time worked.

i am envious. But damn, what an opportunity for younger people today.

I bet it’s a sliding scale, though. As the number of people who get 500K followers increases, the value of being one of those people decreases. So then you need 1M. 2M. Or it’s more important how many of those people are engaging with you or what THEIR profile is as a consumer. I think most “influencers” inflate how much they make, but it is a good second stream of income for people. In addition to it being cheap for companies (free swag and small amounts of money) it’s also less regulated than traditional advertising. I’m not sure if influencers get scripts to carry out on products. My guess is that a lot of times the influencer is allowed to make up their own “story”. I find this idea scary and upsetting, as influencers don’t really care about giving honest, true opinions about something they receive for free and with money. I don’t think there’s any regulatory agency ensuring their claims are truthful. I know after the Fyre Festival debacle, they were supposed to start using the #ad hashtag on commercial posts, but I rarely see this. I don’t know who takes responsibility then. If some company makes a protein shake and gives it to a bunch of these losers who all go out and say it changed their life and they lost a bunch of weight, or whatever, I don’t know if the company is liable for those claims. And these people seem too dumb to think about the negative consequences of pitching crap to people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

OH.MY.GAWD.  Tanner is such an asshole in that interview.  And with all people, Nick "the dick" Viall!  Asking Tanner about his masturbation habits?  Could he be any more of a pervert?  I'd bet he looks in the mirror while he's getting himself off. 

He couldn't sustain any relationship with a woman, I doubt he could sustain an erection.  He's going to die alone.  

Both of them are disgusting beyond words.  THAT is misogyny, seeing women as basically catchers mitts. 

ugh!  Jade and her kids are NOT going to have a happy life with that freak.  

• Love 8
On 8/29/2019 at 8:11 AM, nutty1 said:

Nope. Nope, Nutty, I refuse. 😆 I couldn't even finish BiP seasons that Ashley (and her sister, that one time) was on. She is just unbearable. I can't support her with my clicks.

Edited by kita
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/31/2019 at 5:33 PM, Sterling said:

OMG, I was going to say this!!  You beat me to it!

Um, yeah Annalise Jan, let's hear more about your new boyfriend.

That was my first thought too. So funny!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think Kevin and Astrid and Adam and Raven got engaged the right way, not letting the show hurry them.  

I also loved that Kevin proposed with a lovely ring made by his family's jewelry store, rather than one of the gaudy ones created by Neal Lane.

• Love 13

So happy for Kevin and Astrid!  They are one of the most compatible couples in the Bachelor franchise. Lovely and lowkey (relative to the others in Bachelor Nation) people both of them, individually and together.

I remember when Kevin got engaged to the Bachelorette Jasmine on the Canada franchise. They had such a passionate but rocky relationship with each other during the show and after. Kevin needed someone more grounded and stable. I am glad he has found it in Astrid. And he has also matured since then it seems.

• Love 6
On 8/31/2019 at 2:37 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm not so sure either.  She gives off such desperation vibes, she might be delusional.

that chick is so desparate she probably is dating a blow up doll.

Edited by nlkm9
error
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Per JPJ's IG:

After watching this past Tuesday’s of BIP and having had time to step away from it all and introspect on my actions, I do deeply regret that my behavior was disruptive and upsetting to the celebration of Chris and Krystal’s wedding reception. Despite the fatigue and anxiety I felt at the time, I should have used good judgment in my decisions and acted in a more mature and selfless way. I extend my sincere apologies to Chris and Krystal and to their families and friends for my actions. 
With regret and sincere apologies,

JPJ

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Per JPJ's IG:

After watching this past Tuesday’s of BIP and having had time to step away from it all and introspect on my actions, I do deeply regret that my behavior was disruptive and upsetting to the celebration of Chris and Krystal’s wedding reception. Despite the fatigue and anxiety I felt at the time, I should have used good judgment in my decisions and acted in a more mature and selfless way. I extend my sincere apologies to Chris and Krystal and to their families and friends for my actions. 
With regret and sincere apologies,

JPJ

When is he going to apologize for grossing out the entire viewing audience by blowing snot all over the place?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Someone had asked if JPJ had at least covered the snootful he left on the walking area on the beach, and I did see him do one sweep with his foot. For that copious amount tho,  I'd think a backhoe was needed,... or at least a bobcat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

He's a classless dickwad.  I don't care what his IQ is, where he went to school or what kind of job he has.  You can't act like he did and be called anything other than an obnoxious idiot.  

He'll blather about how he was paid to act that way, it was a character, it was all production's idea, etc, etc, etc.  All bullshit.  Just like that apology.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

He's a classless dickwad.  I don't care what his IQ is, where he went to school or what kind of job he has.  You can't act like he did and be called anything other than an obnoxious idiot.  

He'll blather about how he was paid to act that way, it was a character, it was all production's idea, etc, etc, etc.  All bullshit.  Just like that apology.  

I haven't posted this season, but I'm just chiming in to agree with this.

In my experience, people who repeatedly profess to "not regretting anything" they said/did are the ones with the most to regret.

And the way JPJ was ranting about how he knows who/what's right for Taysha gave off a real "if I can't have you no one can" creepy vibe.  

I think if the scratch the surface of the "lovable doofus" persona there's a nasty guy there.

• Love 7
On 9/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, nlkm9 said:

that chick is so desparate she probably is dating a blow up doll.

Plastic snowman. Too bad Carley got her meat hooks into derpy Evan first. Annalise could have been a contender!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

When is he going to apologize for grossing out the entire viewing audience by blowing snot all over the place?

I just want to say this about the snot: at least we know he was really crying.  After seeing so many guys wipe away fake tears, here is one guy, at least, who was really and truly emotional.  I do think he kicked sand over the snot.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Just Carol said:

I just want to say this about the snot: at least we know he was really crying.  After seeing so many guys wipe away fake tears, here is one guy, at least, who was really and truly emotional.  I do think he kicked sand over the snot.

ugh sorry some things you cannot unsee. he should have immediately gone to clean it up. blech!!!

18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think JPJ did Snotgate on purpose.  Some people will do anything to be remembered, even if it's stupid and gross. 

well for me and im sure many people he grossed me out so bad (I was already turned off by the constant retching) that his cuteness wore off 100%.

• Love 4
On 8/31/2019 at 5:33 PM, Sterling said:

OMG, I was going to say this!!  You beat me to it!

Um, yeah Annalise Jan, let's hear more about your new boyfriend.

This is classic. She totally was calling the operator acting like something was wrong with her line. 😂 

• Love 1
On 8/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, Mabinogia said:

Wow, she does sound like a single mom in that post. 

Gosh, she sounds depressed now and she hasn't had her second baby yet. I hope she won't also develop PP depression, but it certainly sounds possible. 

Where is Tanner? Why doesn't she mention him? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
had not bad
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2019 at 10:47 AM, nutty1 said:

Some of the old timers do.  Ashley is a dentist. Chris (Des’s husband) still works in finance. Jason Mesnick has a real job and Molly works at a radio station.  Cupcake is a dentist. Ryan was a firefighter for years. 

As far as the younger ones.....nope, can’t think of any! Actually, Nikki Ferrell is still a nurse. And the gal Chris Soules chose works. 

Is it sad I know this?

Does Krystal still teach fitness classes? Or is she a full time instagrammer now? I felt bad for her after her season when I heard that people didn’t want to attend her classes and was happy she was given the opportunity to rehabilitate her image on BiP. Also, apparently Krystal has said that JPJ has not apologized about the wedding blowup off media, just publicly, which makes most doubt its sincerity as opposed to being rotted in damage control.

Turns out if I had just waited a month to express my grievances with Tanner, he would have fully done the job for me. He has been whining about not getting enough sex since the birth of their first child. It seems pretty clear that while he “doesn’t want to complain” (as he complains all over the place), he’s the kind of person who believes sex is part of his wife’s duties to him and he’s bitter as hell that she’s slacking. I think it’s probably very hard for him to accept Jade as the main breadwinner, to the point that he’s a “house husband” as he puts it. He must need to find lots of other ways to remind her and everyone else who’s really in charge. I definitely think Jade’s brand could survive leaving Tanner. It might even make her more popular, because it could be a relatable and inspiring story. I don’t think she would do it, though. I don’t think she has any understanding of how not okay his behavior is. 

Finally, I totally agree about the Instagram (and sometimes podcast) ads. I get that it’s good money, but some of the things these people advertise make me downright uncomfortable. Other people advertise a home gym workout one week, then two weeks later advertise a totally different one. The whole thing feels so manipulative to me.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

I think it’s probably very hard for him to accept Jade as the main breadwinner, to the point that he’s a “house husband” as he puts it. He must need to find lots of other ways to remind her and everyone else who’s really in charge.

Do you know what Tanner's occupation was before he and Jade married? Was he successful? Why would he leave his job? Is he home to take care of the children while Jade works? Because it doesn't seem like this Instagram thing is a 9 to 5 type operation but I admit to not quite understanding how it works. Tanner doesn't strike me as the type to lift a finger if all that I am reading about him here is true.  If he indeed works and Jade is pulling in the big bucks they can well afford quality child care.  To sit around all day and whine is counterproductive. Tanner needs to get off his ass and return to work. If his ego can't handle his wife earning more, than too bad, so sad. And if he continues behaving poorly toward Jade, she should dump him, imo.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Do you know what Tanner's occupation was before he and Jade married? Was he successful? Why would he leave his job? Is he home to take care of the children while Jade works? Because it doesn't seem like this Instagram thing is a 9 to 5 type operation but I admit to not quite understanding how it works. Tanner doesn't strike me as the type to lift a finger if all that I am reading about him here is true.  If he indeed works and Jade is pulling in the big bucks they can well afford quality child care.  To sit around all day and whine is counterproductive. Tanner needs to get off his ass and return to work. If his ego can't handle his wife earning more, than too bad, so sad. And if he continues behaving poorly toward Jade, she should dump him, imo.

He worked at a car dealership in financing - it sounded like a mid-level job, not bad but nothing special either. 

As for Jade (and any other SM "influencer" for that matter), I don't think she works outside the home. The brands she works with send her products with scripts of what to say and she takes pictures of herself with them and follows the script. The reason she's more successful at it than Tanner is that she has more followers, i.e. people on social media care a lot more about her than they do about him.

I think Jade would absolutely continue to be successful if she leaves Tanner. Look at how Amanda is cleaning up as a single mother, and Jade is a lot more likable.

• Love 5

I feel like Tanner thought of Jade as a charity case (due to her "wild" past) that he took a chance on. Probably why he seems to look down on her a lot. Called her worthless in their partnership or to that effect. Too bad because Jade seems like a sweet lady and deserves better than him.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I feel like Tanner thought of Jade as a charity case (due to her "wild" past) that he took a chance on. Probably why he seems to look down on her a lot. Called her worthless in their partnership or to that effect. Too bad because Jade seems like a sweet lady and deserves better than him.

He definite played on her low-self-esteem. 

But then again, hot women with low self esteem are sort of the coin of the Fleiss realm. 

• Love 4

I was warming up to Ashley. (I have always liked Jared, though I know that is not a popular opinion here). He filled in for Ben on a podcast last week so it was Ashley and Jared. I found he corrects her a lot, contradicts things she says. She does sound a bit annoying. I wonder if that is just their schtick or if they will last long term? 

• Useful 1

Those online clothes subscription services are going to be yesterday's news pretty soon.  And I'm betting she gets some clothes for free and a little cash for her "modeling", but the girl doesn't have a shred of charisma.  She's average pretty, but Hannah B is going to outshine her every time.  

I'm betting the DWTS gig is gonna get Hanna B into KILLER shape, and they'll keep her for as long as possible, no matter how the audience votes.  And I think she's got the personality to go on to actual REAL media jobs, not just half-ass social media gigs for a few months.  YMMV.    

• Love 4