Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, EllenB said:

Nah, I've heard of promise rings for decades with no religious meaning.  I always thought they were for high-schoolers who wanted to be more committed than just "going steady" but whose parents would shit a brick if they got engaged that young.

Promise rings are the training bras of rings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I listened to Blake’s podcast with Ben and Ashley I and it was interesting. The things you learn when people aren’t under contract anymore! He addressed why he chose a date with Tayshua instead of Hannah G and insinuated with producers encouraged him to do so. He said he’d received such a positive edit on the bachelorette that he trusted producers were doing the right thing for him but he admitted he was naive and that they messed with his head. The producers of this show sound like really crapper people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I remember way back when my roommate got a promise ring from her boyfriend.  It was a small diamond in a heart-shaped setting.  Later when they got engaged they took the promise ring back to the store and they traded it in on the engagement ring.  The stores did this to make sure they got the business.  The couple got the money back that was originally spent on the promise ring and it counted towards the price of the engagement ring.  

• Useful 1
On 4/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, Ynicknan said:

I listened to Blake’s podcast with Ben and Ashley I and it was interesting. The things you learn when people aren’t under contract anymore! He addressed why he chose a date with Tayshua instead of Hannah G and insinuated with producers encouraged him to do so. He said he’d received such a positive edit on the bachelorette that he trusted producers were doing the right thing for him but he admitted he was naive and that they messed with his head. The producers of this show sound like really crapper people.

People can argue that he should have known what he was getting into, and maybe he should have, but some people (the producers) are so good at being manipulative that they can get you to do their bidding without even knowing you're doing it.

• Love 3

On Ashley I and Ben’s podcast they had Peter K on and he said flat out he would not do BIP because the girls were way too young for him. He also discussed what producers do.  It made unReal seem real

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/tyler-cameron-bachelor-in-paradise.html/

I have to agree with their assessment of what would happen to Tyler. You’d think by now Bach producers would have more cards to play than, “Every girl is a princess who deserves a Prince Charming” and “Every guy is an a$$hole unless one of our women pick him” but I guess as long as the ratings stay solid they’ll keep going back to the well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Holy crap! I need to stop watching these shows. The idea that people would go to such lengths to ruin another person’s life with no remorse, and how easily we all believe it 😞 I know I owe Jenna an apology for what I said on these threads. This is just insane. 

https://www.insider.com/bachelor-contestant-jenna-cooper-target-of-misinformation-campaign-2020-5

Wow.  It all traces back to two people who wanted Jordan to be single?   That is pathological.  

And a lot us, me included, owe her an apology.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Why anyone would want to be on this show after seeing how some rabid fans can tear even an innocent person to shreds is beyond me. Is it really worth the extra followers? 

I have never wanted any level of fame at all, so maybe I just don't get the appeal of it all, but what happened to Jenna is terrifying, and something all levels of "famous" people deal with. 

I applaud her for not just laying down and taking it, or just hiding and hoping it blows over. She was very proactive in proving she was wronged and good on her for that! I wish her and her new and growing family the best. She's more than earned some peace and happiness. 

And honestly, I have never felt Jordan was that great a catch so she's probably much better off now than she would have been if that relationship had continued. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Wow.  It all traces back to two people who wanted Jordan to be single?   That is pathological.  

And a lot us, me included, owe her an apology.   

This is just awful.

The amount of misinformation and vitriol on online and social media is just depressing. Doesn’t matter who you are, well known celebrity, politician,  or realitY TV star, .... who do you call to get your reputation back? It just takes one lie, rumor or one thing taken out of context...

Well, I come here to get all my “social media” information but I am boring and lame .... and I am not interesting....

• Love 2

I think the two women's names should be posted by Reality Steve or another public forum. Those two women had no compunction in conspiring publicly defaming, through lies, another human being. What if Jenna had committed suicide over this? If they can dish it out they certainly should be able to take it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/18/2020 at 11:36 AM, ByTor said:

When I saw Jade & Tanner news I thought for sure it would be their divorce!

Yeah, after Tanner's statements last year I was hoping that once Jade has had some time to recover from the traumatic birth experience she would hightail it out of that marriage. 

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

What an idiot...and be sure to scroll down to the photo with her daughter who does not look happy.   
https://people.com/style/bachelor-alum-amanda-stanton-defends-herself-from-criticism-for-driving-arizona-get-hair-done/

And her "defense" is that she didn't have anything better to do. I'm sure her eight-year-old, unable to go to school, do her regular activities, or see her friends, was just thrilled to spend most of the day in the car with her mom on top of everything.

• Love 2

So she's proud that she went to get her hair done but didn't go see her family or anything. So, either she doesn't care about about the health of herself or her daughter, or she cares more about her appearance than seeing her family, or she is a completely narcissistic moron. (I'm going with all of the above)

• Love 7

Amanda, out of the whole Bach crew, strikes me as one of the most willing to sell anything and everything for a moment of “fame,” and with that group that says a lot. I feel sorry for her girls who have never known anything other than being used as props for their mom’s social media influencer goals. I can see her trying to get back on a Bach show when they resume just to reup her name recognition in that crowd. Ick. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Watching my local morning show...Kevin and Astrid are being interviewed for a segment on a charity burger program they are participating in to raise funds.  

www.theburgershowdown.com

eta, wedding is scheduled for November. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

That seems to be Chris saying, "I'm available now, ladies!"  I never could figure out what Krystal saw in him.

I got a really creepy vibe from Chris on Becca's season. I was done with him after he told her "you owe me like a thousand kisses." It was obvious that he made her uncomfortable and she couldn't wait to eliminate him.

• Love 6

I thought they were a perfect match: Both self-obsessed, game-playing, superficial fame whores.  And yeah, he was super creepy to Becca, but that seemed to be the theme of her whole season.  He fit perfectly with the rest of the weirdos, perverts & racists,

They also seem like the type to "reconcile" for the tabloids, then bounce around social media with dramatic episodes of breakups and rekindles until Randone becomes the newest Bukowski and we're as sick of Krystal as we are of Ashley I......(Ok, maybe that's just me!)  

• Love 2

I'll always think she had the most gorgeous wedding gown of all the franchise brides.  The pic is that article doesn't do it justice.  

I never liked either & had some harsh words for both, but SHE at least has kept out of the media for the most part, and doesn't seem to be embracing the "Stay within Bachelor Nation at all costs".  I wish her a healthy journey forward. 

Randone is still a douche-bag.  *LOL*

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I never believed Carly loved him.  I think she just really wanted to be married.  

Carly belittled Evan and treated him like crap. I believe she just wanted what Jade had.

• Love 5

I wonder if it's going to be a domino effect in Bachelor Nation. I'm pretty sure all these people were unhappy together even before 2020 happened. But now that they are seeing their peers having the guts to end it, they are taking the step too. They no longer have to be the "first" failed marriage. Sucks for the kids and Carly. Evan doesn't seem like a hands-on dad especially for the young kids. Many of them complain about how having multiple kids have a strain on their relationships. Well, stop having so many kids then! It's not like birth control isn't available these days. No one is forcing them to have more.

• Love 8

We all knew the freaks marriage wouldn't last.  Going back to the BIP threads show how little most of us thought of them and their unholy union.  I said back then she deliberately got knocked up the first time to get that income stream from Evan's limp willy businesses, and now she'll get child support for 2 kids.  No sympathy for anybody but the kids, especially not Carly.  She drove that bus right off the cliff with full knowledge of what she was doing.    

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

What did Carly do to Brit? I do remember her being all smug on her season that she was dating that red headed guy who ditched her at the end (on bip)

She took it upon herself to tell Chris that Britt was lying to him about liking his town in Iowa.  Chris sent Britt home in the same episode.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

She took it upon herself to tell Chris that Britt was lying about liking Iowa.  

Oh ok. Honestly i thought she was lying but Carly was never my favorite . Like someone else said, she wanted what jade had. Always came off as very needy and cliquey .

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Fable said:

I never cared much for Evan, but I still thought he deserved better than Carly.  She was so disdainful of him until she realized that he was her last chance. 

I hate them both but I always bought that Evan was crazy about her and she was just using him so I have a little smidge of something kind of like sympathy for him being such a blind moron. I just hope their kids don't take after either of them. 

• Love 5

Divorces happen but I'm actually curious the reason they are getting one when their second baby just barely turned one. It just seems like such bad timing and hard for the mother because in most cases the mother is the main caregiver. What's the rush that they have to get it done now; they are already living separately anyway. 

Carly posted a recent video on her YouTube channel about her first Christmas since the separation and so I went back to watch two videos they posted about their BIP journey just 2 months back. It's puzzling unless they were faking it back then. Anyway, my main takeaway from those videos is that it's very important for couples and spouses to respect each other and also equally important, to talk about each other respectfully in front of others. Carly seemed adamant in those videos to make sure everyone knows she really wasn't into Evan in the beginning. That could happen but her insistence on repeating it and thinking it's something hilarious to share is weird to me. It would grate after some time surely. I wouldn't feel good if my spouse goes around saying that to other people repeatedly, no matter how much there is love now. It's just for their ego.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Divorces happen but I'm actually curious the reason they are getting one when their second baby just barely turned one. It just seems like such bad timing and hard for the mother because in most cases the mother is the main caregiver. What's the rush that they have to get it done now; they are already living separately anyway.

I know I'm being cynical, but maybe she wanted a boost in social media deals? The Bachelor Family's usual shilling opportunities have been severely curtailed during the pandemic, but now Carly can make more relatable posts about her struggles as a single mom and perhaps stealth-shill some products that way. Something like "taking care of two toddlers on my own is really hard, but gadget XYZ has been a lifesaver." This is the one niche where she won't have much competition unless Jade and Tanner get divorced as well.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5

...and maybe they both just want to move on. I read that things came to a head for them during quarantine that caused them separate. If for whatever reason that issue is irreparable, why wait? Covid or no covid, when one wants to move forward, there's really no need to hang on, which sometimes just causes resentment.

• Love 1