Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

Now children - let's spell d-a-m-a-g-e c-o-n-t-r-o-l...

It looks like missing is impossible as Tom Cruise ’s stuntman slams into the side of a building – a day before the Hollywood star broke his ankle hitting the same wall.

Fans had watched horrified as Tom’s daredevil double painfully tested out the jump in advance of filming the scene for M:I 6 – Mission Impossible.

“The stuntman had padding so that must have protected him. I don’t know if Tom had any padding. I saw the stuntman jump, hit the wall and bounce off.”  

(So why didn't the stuntman just do the jump himself?  Oh yeah - we must protect Tommy's manly image at all cost.)

Here's the link.  Skip the survey.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tom-cruises-stunt-double-slammed-11016774

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the crew knew a stuntman couldn't do it, why would they allow their 55-year-old "star" try?  Unless they did't tell him the stuntman crashed into the building, and instead assured him that "It all worked great, Tom.  Here's your harness.  Ready . . . set . . . go!"  Payback for his known behavior.

And he WAS wearing padding.  It looks on the original video of his crash that he had so much padding on his legs his pants were really tight.  

Well his ankle was not padded!  There are 26 bones in the foot and ankle.  A break can involve many of them.  I am rooting for surgery and pins myself, putting him out of commission for 6 months at the very least.  Ass. 

Edited by wings707
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well his ankle was not padded!  There are 26 bones in the foot and ankle.  A break can involve many of them.  I am rooting for surgery and pins, myself, putting him out of commission for 6 months at the very least.  Ass. 

His head wasn't padded either, more's the pity.

(in Maxwell Smart voice):  "Missed it by that much."

1 minute ago, spiderpig said:

His head wasn't padded either, more's the pity.

(in Maxwell Smart voice):  "Missed it by that much."

It is possible that PR is down playing his injury because they intend to film the parts they can with him sitting and standing.  They would never admit to him having a seriously broken femur or compound ankle break, no way.  

They funny thing is with digital abilities he doesn't have to do his own stunts, it is so easy to make it look like he does.   Hey, he is short.  

Just now, wings707 said:

It is possible that PR is down playing his injury because they intend to film the parts they can with him sitting and standing.  They would never admit to him having a seriously broken femur or compound ankle break, no way.  

They funny thing is with digital abilities he doesn't have to do his own stunts, it is so easy to make it look like he does.   Hey, he is short.  

You've got it, wings.  While I wouldn't attempt those stunts myself (as if), he's tethered to wires which are digitally erased post-production.  The whole thing is pandering to Tommy's macho-man image, although those of us with functioning brains think he's a hilarious poseur.   Yeah, a lot of us watch movies thinking "Golly gee, Tommy did that amazing jump himself!"  Not.

We think "Bloody child-abandoning nutcase who perpetuates a religious scam because the cult holds something over his concrete skull that nobody cares about anyway".

He's such an ass.

1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

You've got it, wings.  While I wouldn't attempt those stunts myself (as if), he's tethered to wires which are digitally erased post-production.  The whole thing is pandering to Tommy's macho-man image, although those of us with functioning brains think he's a hilarious poseur.   Yeah, a lot of us watch movies thinking "Golly gee, Tommy did that amazing jump himself!"  Not.

We think "Bloody child-abandoning nutcase who perpetuates a religious scam because the cult holds something over his concrete skull that nobody cares about anyway".

He's such an ass.

COS is the vehicle for Tom and Miscavich to make money.  They have a private empire that affords them all they desire. 

Edited by wings707

Just saw this from Elizabeth Moss who appears so bright and informed when it comes to many current issues.  I can't believe she is so insulated to not understand how her "religion" treats people:

E! News reports that Elisabeth Moss, star of The Handmaid's Tale, recently shared a photo of herself on Instagram. In the comments below the picture, someone asked, "Love this adaptation so much. Question though, does it make you think twice about Scientology? Both Gilead and Scientology both believe that all outside sources (aka news) are wrong or evil… it's just very interesting."

Moss responded: "That's actually not true at all about Scientology. Religious freedom and tolerance and understanding the truth and equal rights for every race, religion and creed are extremely important to me. The most important things to me probably. And so Gilead and THT hit me on a very personal level. Thanks for the interesting question!"

Religious freedom?  They can't leave.  Tolerance?  Disconnection and SP's.  Equal rights?  Child molestation and slavery.

I'm surprised they haven't paired her up with TC.  They're both single and delusional. 

Edited by dcubed
12 minutes ago, dcubed said:

Just saw this from Elizabeth Moss who appears so bright and informed when it comes to many current issues.  I can't believe she is so insulated to not understand how her "religion" treats people:

I'm surprised they haven't paired her up with TC.  They're both single and delusional. 

L've wondered the same thing.  She was married to Fred Armisen for about five minutes.

Maybe it's because EM actually has talent.

3 hours ago, dcubed said:

Moss responded: "That's actually not true at all about Scientology. Religious freedom and tolerance and understanding the truth and equal rights for every race, religion and creed are extremely important to me. The most important things to me probably. And so Gilead and THT hit me on a very personal level. Thanks for the interesting question!"

Religious freedom?  They can't leave.  Tolerance?  Disconnection and SP's.  Equal rights?  Child molestation and slavery.

I heard it this morning on the news and just rolled my eyes. How the heck do these people get so damn delusional (I mean the ones that go in as adults or older teens that know how the world is)? I don't know much about her but is she one that grew up in this freakshow or joined later in life? To bad she wasn't push on those things. Of course I am sure a "handler" would have stepped in and taken her away if they had. SMH 

Has anyone seen the hysterical Girls Trip yet? Tiffany Haddish is the break out star. I just saw her in an interview on YouTube where she discussed signing the billion year contract with Scientology but she left Sea Org because they wanted her to sleep in a bunk bed? Yeah, okay. Confusing. Then, I saw another clip where Jada Pinket Smith and Tiffany Haddish were on different shows talking about using a Groupon in New Orleans together. Jada and Will are secret Scientologists. I wonder if Ms. Haddish is still a Scientologist?

6 hours ago, dcubed said:

E! News reports that Elisabeth Moss, star of The Handmaid's Tale, recently shared a photo of herself on Instagram. In the comments below the picture, someone asked, "Love this adaptation so much. Question though, does it make you think twice about Scientology? Both Gilead and Scientology both believe that all outside sources (aka news) are wrong or evil… it's just very interesting."

I don't know how she can say she (Co$) believes in equal rights...look at their views and the way they treat homosexuality.

36 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Has anyone seen the hysterical Girls Trip yet? Tiffany Haddish is the break out star. I just saw her in an interview on YouTube where she discussed signing the billion year contract with Scientology but she left Sea Org because they wanted her to sleep in a bunk bed? Yeah, okay. Confusing. Then, I saw another clip where Jada Pinket Smith and Tiffany Haddish were on different shows talking about using a Groupon in New Orleans together. Jada and Will are secret Scientologists. I wonder if Ms. Haddish is still a Scientologist?

She signed a billion year contract and left after 3 hours!! LMAO!! That.Is.Awesome!!

3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I heard it this morning on the news and just rolled my eyes. How the heck do these people get so damn delusional (I mean the ones that go in as adults or older teens that know how the world is)? I don't know much about her but is she one that grew up in this freakshow or joined later in life? To bad she wasn't push on those things. Of course I am sure a "handler" would have stepped in and taken her away if they had. SMH 

She was born into it, I think, which has limited her exposure to the outside world and given them many years to brainwash her.  I used to think her ex was an ass based upon what she's said about their marriage - and he may be - but maybe being married to someone like her and Davey wasn't so easy either.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, dcubed said:

What is interesting about this is that the tweet is only about the parallel regarding outside sources / news reports etc. being wrong or evil. 

Moss is the one that answered in a way that confirms that she is aware of the accusations against Co$. 

And whether intentional or not, that tweet is following the advice that cult deprogrammer gave to Leah on how to wake people up about pointing out similarities between things Co$ would recognize as a cult/bad /evil and Co$.  Is twitter trying to deprogram celebrity Scientologists?

Someone needs to come up with parallels between Zombie's taking over Seattle and Co$ for Jason Dohring.

Edited by ParadoxLost
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, spiderpig said:

L've wondered the same thing.  She was married to Fred Armisen for about five minutes.

Maybe it's because EM actually has talent.

Or maybe he realized he married into crazy.

On the topic of Tom C.  He must have an SP (or multiple) for him to get injured.  Didn't Jason Beghe get told he was in a bad car crash because he SP in his life who happened to be a homosexual?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, dcubed said:

She was born into it, I think, which has limited her exposure to the outside world and given them many years to brainwash her.  I used to think her ex was an ass based upon what she's said about their marriage - and he may be - but maybe being married to someone like her and Davey wasn't so easy either.

Ok thanks for that info. I don't really even know who he is. Yet I can imagine most of what she claims is her brainwashed version of things. SMH

That humans can be so easily brainwashed and manipulated is scary.  However, I don't understand how the rich and famous Scientologists  free to roam the wide open world don't see that the COS is in reality doing absolutely nothing to help anyone anywhere.  They have free access to internet and TV and CNN.  How can they believe all the hype in those huge presentations when they can see with their own eyes as they travel about that their so called "Church" is a fake and helps no one but itself.

I can understand the "prisoners" being duped.  But the others....?  I don't get it?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, dcubed said:

Seriously.  I feel like this would be a perfectly disturbing match for CO$ a la Katie Holmes - super famous actor and rising star actress (famous on TV, now getting movies)

I'm curious how this Hollywood/SP thing works.  I recently saw pictures of EM and Nicole Kidman together promoting their new film.  Considering Nicole's (ahem) previous experience with TC and CO$, I'm surprised they would allow EM to film with her. 

3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

That humans can be so easily brainwashed and manipulated is scary.  However, I don't understand how the rich and famous Scientologists  free to roam the wide open world don't see that the COS is in reality doing absolutely nothing to help anyone anywhere.  They have free access to internet and TV and CNN.  How can they believe all the hype in those huge presentations when they can see with their own eyes as they travel about that their so called "Church" is a fake and helps no one but itself.

I can understand the "prisoners" being duped.  But the others....?  I don't get it?

I thought that Leah once said that the COS tells you that they're responsible for your success in the entertainment industry (either directly or through what they've taught you), and it's suggested that going against them will cause you to fail.  And LRH himself said they should be trying to attract celebs that are at their prime, or just past it, for it to be most effective, which makes sense.  If they're at their prime, then you can take credit for whatever they do.  If they're past prime, then you can take credit for anything they get - even small roles - and say it was because of Scientology.  Celebs can be (and often are) just as anxious and neurotic as the average person, so it rings true.

6 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

I'm curious how this Hollywood/SP thing works.  I recently saw pictures of EM and Nicole Kidman together promoting their new film.  Considering Nicole's (ahem) previous experience with TC and CO$, I'm surprised they would allow EM to film with her. 

Nicole has (so far as I know) never spoken out publicly against the CO$, which does not actually make her an SP.  According to rumors that's so she won't be totally cut off from her kids.  Although in Leah's book, I think one of the kids referred to Nicole as such anyway.

I can't resist posting anything slamming Tinypants Cruise:

Danny Trejo calls out big stars who insist on doing their own stunts (ahem, Tom Cruise)
Kevin PolowySenior Correspondent
September 1, 2017

It’s not like Danny Trejo won’t do stunts here and there. The 73-year-old Machete actor and all-around badass rode a buffalo (!!!), for instance, in his new action sequel, Dead Again in Tombstone.

But Trejo (who has 300-plus credits to his name, including films like Con Air, Heat, and From Dusk Til Dawn) strongly believes that actors are there to act, and well-trained stuntmen are there to handle the stunts.

“I know that all the big stars hate me to say this, but I don’t want to risk 80 peoples’ jobs just to say I got big huevos on The Tonight Show,” Trejo told Yahoo Movies this week during a Facebook Live interview (watch clip above). “Because that’s what happens. I think a big star just sprained an ankle doing a stunt, and 80 or 180 people are out of a job.”

Trejo was clearly referring to Tom Cruise, who is ever eager to perform audacious stunts and who reportedly broke his ankle last month during a mishap on the set of Mission: Impossible 6. That production has been forced to shut down for six to 12 weeks, leaving the film’s crew idle while Cruise recovers, according to Variety.

“We have stunt people who do that stuff,” Trejo said. “And if they get hurt, I’m sorry to say but they just need to put a mustache on another Mexican and we can keep going. But if I get hurt, everybody’s out of a job. So I don’t choose to do that.”
Dead Again in Tombstone hits Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD on Sept. 12.
video of interview at source: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/danny-t...&ICID=ref_fark

The more I hear from Danny Trejo, the more I admire him.

Found an older article on Mike Adams, the "Health Ranger" of Natural News fame.  Turns out he may be a Scientologist.  While he denies it, he seems to have the same hatred for psychiatry as the CO$ and often plugs the Scientology front group CCHR.  And he really resembles a guy who appeared in one of those cheesy 80's style videos the CO$ puts out.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/06/23/scientology-and-mike-adams-it-all-become/

On 1/6/2017 at 8:48 AM, TaraS1 said:

Putting aside the fact that those two are horrific assholes, that video of Tom receiving his made up Freedom Medal of Valor and Honor and Black Turtlenecks is absolutely hilarious with all the saluting and the serious looks and intense hugs they were sharing.  Any normal person watching it, not knowing it was real, would just assume it was a parody. 

That medal totally looks like he just won the 400 meter Butterfly in the neighborhood swim meet.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, deaja said:

Kirstie Alley is seeming pretty unhinged on twitter.  She compared Leah to David Duke.  Leah responded as well.

https://twitter.com/kirstiealley

Whenever Alley has been questioned in interviews about CO$, she always starts screaming about "Jews".  So she's either had that response beaten into her head, or she's an anti-Semite.  She and Travolta will be in it until the bitter end.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/katie-holmes-and-jamie-foxx-come-out-as-an-item-after-tom-cruise-ban-expires/ar-AArnG2j?li=BBnb4R7

So apparently as part of the divorce, Katie agreed to not publicly date anyone for 5 years and not to do anything that would embarrass Tom.  She was so desperate to divorce him she agreed to it.  Don't blame her at all but here's a newsflash Tommy:  you don't need Katie to embarrass you, you do that all on your own!  I cannot believe that I was such a huge fan of him or spent money on his movies or watched his tv appearances.  I started to sour on him after his "don't be glib" Matt Lauer interview and then the crazy Oprah show, but now after knowing what I know now about him and his "religion" I refuse to watch him in anything, even though Rain Main, Cocktail and Jerry Maguire are on my all time fave movies list.  The commercials for his new movie make my stomach turn. 

As a funny aside.....when he first hooked up with Katie and all the craziness started, I got a shirt at Macy's that said "Run, Katie, Run"!  lol  Did anyone else see or buy those?

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, wings707 said:

Well his ankle was not padded!  There are 26 bones in the foot and ankle.  A break can involve many of them.  I am rooting for surgery and pins myself, putting him out of commission for 6 months at the very least.  Ass. 

But but but shouldn't Tom, as an OT VIII, be able to HEAL HIMSELF??!!  No need for surgery or pins when you can will your ankle to heal with your mind!!  Again, if that is what is promised by CO$, and it doesn't happen, will this finally cause him to wake up and realize it is all bullsh*t??  Or, maybe he just plays along because CO$ does whatever he wants them to do??

3 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

As a funny aside.....when he first hooked up with Katie and all the craziness started, I got a shirt at Macy's that said "Run, Katie, Run"!  lol  Did anyone else see or buy those?

I didn't buy the shirt, but I was a regular reader of the "Free Katie" blog.  I probably never would even considered reading it until I watched the couch jumping incident and the "glib" interview - he absolutely exposed himself as a nutcase in short order.  I mean, even their famous Annie Lebowitz picture had a headline of "This is Suri and Yes She's Our Baby" because no one frigging believed that relationship was normal.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:50 PM, Nancypants said:

That medal totally looks like he just won the 400 meter Butterfly in the neighborhood swim meet.  

He has talked openly about how he's in better shape and more capable than people in the Olympics because he may have to do takes of him running over and over and over again.  Delusion.  Tiny Tommy's is a grand old world, isn't it?

On 9/4/2017 at 10:21 AM, Neurochick said:

I wonder what will happen when Tom Cruise's career starts to wane and he's no longer valuable to the church.

WHEN it starts to wane?  It's waning away now.  That's why he has to do MI 44 or whatever and resurrect Top Gun.  When was his last non MI hit?

33 minutes ago, smorbie said:

WHEN it starts to wane?  It's waning away now.  That's why he has to do MI 44 or whatever and resurrect Top Gun.  When was his last non MI hit?

He's still considered a movie star; alas, still not box office poison yet.

Was "Jack Reacher" a hit?

I've contended for years that Tom Cruise's career took a huge downturn after June 2005. In May 2005 Tom embarrasses himself on Oprah, and a month later he's gets into it with Matt Lauer.  Subsequently he makes the horrible War of the Worlds, the awful Valkyrie, the bad Knight and Day. Remember Edge of Tomorrow? Me Neither. Compare that to the 10 years before that, when he did Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, first Mission: Impossible, the excellent Last Samurai, Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Magnolia and the underrated Collateral. What a difference. 

It just seems like he lost his way after that bad month. Add in that he's the standard bearer for $cientology and if he's not doing well it reflects on the "church". That's gotta add a lot of pressure to him to be successful

11 hours ago, KHenry14 said:

I've contended for years that Tom Cruise's career took a huge downturn after June 2005. In May 2005 Tom embarrasses himself on Oprah, and a month later he's gets into it with Matt Lauer.  Subsequently he makes the horrible War of the Worlds, the awful Valkyrie, the bad Knight and Day. Remember Edge of Tomorrow? Me Neither. Compare that to the 10 years before that, when he did Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, first Mission: Impossible, the excellent Last Samurai, Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Magnolia and the underrated Collateral. What a difference. 

It just seems like he lost his way after that bad month. Add in that he's the standard bearer for $cientology and if he's not doing well it reflects on the "church". That's gotta add a lot of pressure to him to be successful

You made me remember how much I hated Tom Cruise for Valkyrie alone.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SPEAKING IN ENGLISH ACCENTS WHEN THEY ARE GERMAN CHARACTERS???  

The story is so good, so compelling.  He fucking RUINED IT.

24 minutes ago, larapu2000 said:

You made me remember how much I hated Tom Cruise for Valkyrie alone.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SPEAKING IN ENGLISH ACCENTS WHEN THEY ARE GERMAN CHARACTERS???  

The story is so good, so compelling.  He fucking RUINED IT.

The actors in Dangerous Liaisons did the same thing.  I respected their choice, though.  The film was made for an American audience primarily and thick accents can be difficult to understand.  I didn't see Valkyrie.  I'm interested in the story, but chose not to watch because of the star of the movie.  I thought that I read his accent would come and go.  And I also read that they used the Hitler salute very sparingly (when in reality it would have been used in all official greetings) because it's offense.  Well, are you making a historical movie, or not, tiny tommy?

Oh, and to the poster above, yes, that is a fake butt and a big one at that.

Edited by smorbie

No delusions here:

"I train, you know, I've studied, you know, professional athletes, Olympians, in order to, you know, a sprinter for the Olympics, they only have to run two races a day," Cruise explains. "When I'm shooting, I could potentially have to run 30, 40 races a day, day after day."

Cruise is later asked about his lawyer's equating of his absence from Suri to that of a soldier's absence from his family while fighting in Afghanistan. While the actor says he didn't hear that comment, filming his last movie felt like being at war.

"I didn't hear the Afghanistan [comment], but that's what it feels like, and certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise says.

BARF

12 hours ago, KHenry14 said:

Subsequently he makes the horrible War of the Worlds, the awful Valkyrie, the bad Knight and Day. Remember Edge of Tomorrow? Me Neither.

I love, love, love Edge of Tomorrow. I know it wasn't a hit but Emily Blunt was so good and I loved the overall story. This is a case of me tolerating Tom and I firmly believe had someone else been cast, the movie would have done better. I believe it does illustrate your point that Tom became and still is Box Office poison because of his behavior. 

2 hours ago, Ruprecht said:

I love, love, love Edge of Tomorrow. I know it wasn't a hit but Emily Blunt was so good and I loved the overall story. This is a case of me tolerating Tom and I firmly believe had someone else been cast, the movie would have done better. I believe it does illustrate your point that Tom became and still is Box Office poison because of his behavior. 

I love Edge of Tomorrow too. It's 100% because Emily Blunt is awesome. If they follow through with making the rumored (maybe announced?) sequel, I'll eventually see that too. I love when Emily Blunt plays a bad ass. It seems so against type, but she's so good at it. 

I cant unsee the pics of Emily Blunt before her lip implants.  All gums, like Jennifer Garner before her lip implants.  For some reason I dont mind fillers, but permenent lip implants seem crazy vain to me, especially for women who try and look so effortless and natural, and dont acknowledge they got them.

Edited by Christi
6 hours ago, Ruprecht said:
19 hours ago, KHenry14 said:

My husband does too 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:33 AM, spiderpig said:

I can't resist posting anything slamming Tinypants Cruise:

Danny Trejo calls out big stars who insist on doing their own stunts (ahem, Tom Cruise)
Kevin PolowySenior Correspondent
September 1, 2017

It’s not like Danny Trejo won’t do stunts here and there. The 73-year-old Machete actor and all-around badass rode a buffalo (!!!), for instance, in his new action sequel, Dead Again in Tombstone.

But Trejo (who has 300-plus credits to his name, including films like Con Air, Heat, and From Dusk Til Dawn) strongly believes that actors are there to act, and well-trained stuntmen are there to handle the stunts.

“I know that all the big stars hate me to say this, but I don’t want to risk 80 peoples’ jobs just to say I got big huevos on The Tonight Show,” Trejo told Yahoo Movies this week during a Facebook Live interview (watch clip above). “Because that’s what happens. I think a big star just sprained an ankle doing a stunt, and 80 or 180 people are out of a job.”

Trejo was clearly referring to Tom Cruise, who is ever eager to perform audacious stunts and who reportedly broke his ankle last month during a mishap on the set of Mission: Impossible 6. That production has been forced to shut down for six to 12 weeks, leaving the film’s crew idle while Cruise recovers, according to Variety.

“We have stunt people who do that stuff,” Trejo said. “And if they get hurt, I’m sorry to say but they just need to put a mustache on another Mexican and we can keep going. But if I get hurt, everybody’s out of a job. So I don’t choose to do that.”
Dead Again in Tombstone hits Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD on Sept. 12.
video of interview at source: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/danny-t...&ICID=ref_fark

Good on Danny!  I read a Doug Liman interview (the director od Tom Cruise's new movie) and he actually said  TC is better that a stunt double.  Puke city, he just fawned over the guy.  Is that a requirement on his press tour? To just kiss his ass?