Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

On April 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Maharincess said:

I'm glad it was an error. All of the stupid acronyms and initials are bad enough, it would be sad if people were getting so lazy they don't add the extra syllable to a word. Lol.  

I don't mean people here, I mean all over the internet. 

Yes! I spend so much time cringing over this kind of idiocacy.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an article about Jenna Elfman.  Apparently she did a Reddit Q&A to promote the tv show she's on but most of the legit questions were about Scientology.  And it appears the Cult had a bunch of people create Reddit accounts to ask her fluff questions like Why are you still so beautiful? A bunch of new accounts were created directly before the Q&A and then disabled right after. lol!  

^^ At the very least he won't be able to lie through his teeth about not helping Scientologists while actually doing just that! Thank goodness for Leah calling attention to these liars and hypocrites.

On 5/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, fifty8th said:

Just stumbled on this, it is new today about Tom's "girlfriend" Nazanin Boniadi , I seriously can'r watch anything with him in it anymore

Tom Betrayed: Secret Scientology Girlfriend Confesses To The FBI

From the Radar article:

As Radar reported last week, a highly confidential FBI file reveals that the FBI launched a “human trafficking” investigation into the controversial church on October 5, 2009.

As part of the ensuing investigation, agents crisscrossed the country seizing “property” and speaking to former and current Scientologists across the country.

Ooh, this is getting good.  Popcorn, please,  (But 2009? What's taking them so long?)

^^^^This is really interesting. Wasn't there a story that came out during the season about the church having tried to co-opt this as a "cause"? I feel like I read something about one of their not-for-profit arms having offered to host the FBI's leading expert on trafficking at a seminar in Clearwater, and ex-members basically reaching out to say "Um, you do know who those folks are, right?"

Finally some new celebrity recruiting news - Steve Irwin's family (Croc Hunter).  Isn't it inspiring to look at a family as "particularly marketable"?

They’re world famous, down-to-earth and adored by people young and old – and that, according to sources, makes the Irwins the perfect poster-family for Scientology. 

In a bombshell report that will shock their Aussie fans, Woman’s Day can exclusively reveal that the controversial church is trying to get Bindi wildlife warriors Terri, 52, Bindi, 18, and 13-year-old Robert to join them as the family are seen as particularly marketable.

Bindi and Terri have been friendly with Scientology devotee John Travolta since 2008, after they met at a G’Day USA event in New York, just 
18 months after Bindi’s dad Steve died.

It’s no secret Scientology leaders lean on celeb figureheads like Tom Cruise to promote the church.

Here's the link with pics (and Tommy looking demented as usual):

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/the-irwin-family-in-scientology-shock/ar-BBBmIo2?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=Woman's Day

Here's a goodie:

It's been over thirty years since TOP GUN blasted into theaters, but it seems that fans are still feeling that need for speed. Talk of a sequel to the Tony Scott film has persisted for some time, with producer Jerry Bruckheimer saying that they've "been trying to make a sequel and we're not going to stop ... what Tom tells me is that no matter where he goes in the world, people refer to him as Maverick. It's something he is excited about so as long as he keeps his enthusiasm hopefully we'll get it made." Now, it appears to be confirmed. While appearing on the Australian morning TV show Sunrise, Tom Cruise revealed that not only is TOP GUN 2 definitely going to happen, but that he'll probably start filming in the next year.

Anybody lining up for tickets?  Yeah, me neither.

1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

Maybe we can cast Leah Remini in a reboot.  Wonder Woman?  Alias 2.0?

Look Who's Talking staring Leah Remini in the Kristi Alley part, Jason Beghe in the John Travolta part and directed by Paul Haggis. 

(edited)

Just read this about our favorite example of moral rectitude:

Tom Cruise was just miles away from his daughter, Suri, on May 20 and did not set up a visit with her, In Touch is reporting exclusively. The actor attended an event with fans to promote his new film, The Mummy, at the Hollywood and Highland Center in LA. While Tom gushed about his work, his daughter, Suri — whom he hadn’t seen in person in 1,346 days — was just 23 miles away in Calabasas with her mom, Katie Holmes. But instead of visiting his little girl, 11, when the event ended, Tom hopped on a private jet to Australia to continue promoting the film. “Tom could have easily made the trip to see Suri. It only takes about 30 minutes without traffic. It would’ve only added a few hours to his busy schedule”.

Edited by spiderpig
1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

Just read this about our favorite example of moral rectitude:

Tom Cruise was just miles away from his daughter, Suri, on May 20 and did not set up a visit with her, In Touch is reporting exclusively. The actor attended an event with fans to promote his new film, The Mummy, at the Hollywood and Highland Center in LA. While Tom gushed about his work, his daughter, Suri — whom he hadn’t seen in person in 1,346 days — was just 23 miles away in Calabasas with her mom, Katie Holmes. But instead of visiting his little girl, 11, when the event ended, Tom hopped on a private jet to Australia to continue promoting the film. “Tom could have easily made the trip to see Suri. It only takes about 30 minutes without traffic. It would’ve only added a few hours to his busy schedule”.

She must have been declared an SP.   Katie must be very happy he is out of her life, though.  As for Siri, very sad.  It will be a lot to wrap her head around as she learns why her father has abandoned her.  

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

She must have been declared an SP.   Katie must be very happy he is out of her life, though.  As for Siri, very sad.  It will be a lot to wrap her head around as she learns why her father has abandoned her.  

Isn't this a doggone shame?  I have vivid memories of being that age and feeling slighted over stupid stuff like someone not liking what I wore.  I can't imagine being ignored for years by a famous father*.

(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 0:00 PM, DkNNy79 said:

Ugh I hate that they did a reboot of The Mummy with Tom.  I saw a trailer for it and it just looks awful to me.

Given the laughter the trailer caused when I saw it, I wouldn't be surprised if it bombs. It really had a negative reaction with the theater crowd. 

Edited by Stuffy
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Given the laughter the trailer caused when I saw it, I wouldn't be surprised if it bombs. It really had a negative reaction with the theater crowd. 

If they laughed The Mummy, can you imagine the reaction to Top Gun 2?

Edited by spiderpig
3 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

If they laughed The Mummy, can you imagine the reaction to Top Gun 2?

It has been given a lot hype lately and it hasn't even been made yet.  I think they are told/paid to gush and talk it up.  I doubt it will be the huge success many think.  Or maybe I should say hope it isn't. 

I know her name is Suri.  My iPad said, no way are you going to type that word;  I guard Siri and she will not be disrespected.  

5 hours ago, Stuffy said:

The Mummy movie looked so bad on so many levels. The idea of Top Gut 2 is even more hilarious.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, WInterfalls said:

Look Who's Talking staring Leah Remini in the Kristi Alley part, Jason Beghe in the John Travolta part and directed by Paul Haggis. 

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, JenMcSnark said:

Here's an article about Jenna Elfman.  Apparently she did a Reddit Q&A to promote the tv show she's on but most of the legit questions were about Scientology.  And it appears the Cult had a bunch of people create Reddit accounts to ask her fluff questions like Why are you still so beautiful? A bunch of new accounts were created directly before the Q&A and then disabled right after. lol!  

That TV show was cancelled. Good!

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:18 AM, spiderpig said:

Finally some new celebrity recruiting news - Steve Irwin's family (Croc Hunter).  Isn't it inspiring to look at a family as "particularly marketable"?

They’re world famous, down-to-earth and adored by people young and old – and that, according to sources, makes the Irwins the perfect poster-family for Scientology. 

In a bombshell report that will shock their Aussie fans, Woman’s Day can exclusively reveal that the controversial church is trying to get Bindi wildlife warriors Terri, 52, Bindi, 18, and 13-year-old Robert to join them as the family are seen as particularly marketable.

Bindi and Terri have been friendly with Scientology devotee John Travolta since 2008, after they met at a G’Day USA event in New York, just 
18 months after Bindi’s dad Steve died.

It’s no secret Scientology leaders lean on celeb figureheads like Tom Cruise to promote the church.

Here's the link with pics (and Tommy looking demented as usual):

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/the-irwin-family-in-scientology-shock/ar-BBBmIo2?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=Woman's Day

For me the Irwins have always been freaky on their own. Never could stand them.

If they were smart with the Top Gun sequel (really?), Maverick would be like Tom Skerrit's character in the original, but Tom has to be the leading man, so that won't happen.  And I wonder what young lead female part they'll cast, and how hard Tom will try to bring her into the CO$.

But the CO$ needs Tom's money, especially since season 2 of Leah's show looks like it's pulling no punches.

3 minutes ago, WInterfalls said:

No Jenna is a very committed scientologist. 

And a very out of work actress. Her show got cancelled!

Kind of a nice kick in the gut that Leah's show got renewed for a second season as did Jason Beghe's for a 5th.

Who is DM gonna assault for that?

I watched Tom's now famous black turtle neck interview a long time ago but a detail in it keeps coming back to me.  He laughs maniacally at the notion that SPs exist.   He either does not know about this (doubtful) or he does and clearly thinks it is something to deny because it is a black eye for COS.   Odd either way.  

At minute 4:21 it starts and is brief. 

@wings707 Oh my fucking God. I am so glad I didn't watch that whole video (or even most of it). What fuckwit thought, "You know what would be the perfect soundtrack for this? The Mission Impossible riff! Absolutely. Let's run that constantly for almost 10 minutes in the background. That'll really sell Tom and this video!" Holy Christ. Whoever that was needs to be damned to a literal eternity of listening to nothing but that "soundtrack" on an endless, inescapable loop. In fact, the name of whoever made that decision should be the one that answers @Giselle's question of who DM is going to assault for Leah's and Jason Beghe's shows getting renewed while Jenna Elfman's got canceled.

49 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I watched Tom's now famous black turtle neck interview a long time ago but a detail in it keeps coming back to me.  He laughs maniacally at the notion that SPs exist.   He either does not know about this (doubtful) or he does and clearly thinks it is something to deny because it is a black eye for COS.   Odd either way.  

At minute 4:21 it starts and is brief. 

His laugh, imo, is saying "of course SPs exist"....the same as if asking if water is wet or is the sky blue. He even mentions something about "confronting and shattering" them and essentially hoping that one day SPs are gone and only read about in history books. 

(edited)

I'm enough of an ass to wish that The Mummy is a huge flop and damages Tom's career, but I'm sure it'll do well despite being bad. The bar for those kind of noisy, over the top movies is pretty low. (Which is why he does them.)

Edited by Lord Donia
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, Picture It. Sicily said:

Isaac Hayes III spoke out recently that Isaac never quit South Park.  He alleges that a person from the CO$ did it for him while he was recovering from a stroke and was incapacitated. Matt Stone backs him up. 

Isaac Hayes never really quit South Park; Scientologists quit for him

I have to admit, part of me is glad to know this. I was so bummed out and thought badly of Isaac Hayes for "quitting" SP. After all, he knew exactly what they were and how absolutely nothing was off limits but the first Scientology gets hit he was out? It never read right to me. Not to mention that SP gave Chef a brutal farewell that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth but at the time seemed reasonable. Sad all around.

My kids & I were watching TV & an ad for The Mummy came on. My youngest said, "That looks awful. Do you think Cruise wrote it?" Then we laughed. I said, "I don't think he has the ability to write that, even if it's awful. He would be yelling 'Word!' too often to ever finish." And then we laughed some more. Aww, bonding. 

Elisabeth Moss and Nicole Kidman are currently working together on "Top of the Lake." I just read gossip about how EM completely avoids Nicole as much as possible because of her being an SP and all.  Awkward...

I brought this over from the 20/20 thread. 

http://www.celebitchy.com/category/John_Travolta/

Interesting to note that Travolta wishes critics would just read the book Dyanetics (sp?).  Mind blowing.  I don't think he knows/believes what is really going on.  No one is up in arms about their philosophy!  It is the way the organization works and horrific abuse! 

One article from that link. 

http://www.celebitchy.com/477197/ex_scientologist_who_audited_cruises_kids_travolta_details_horrific_abuse/

Is all of this hidden from their golden celebrity club members???    

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Interesting to note that Travolta wishes critics would just read the book Dyanetics (sp?).  Mind blowing.  I don't think he knows/believes what is really going on.  No one is up in arms about their philosophy!  It is the way the organization works and horrific abuse! 

I hesitate to give Travolta any benefit of the doubt because he always seems to gets excused as not knowing what's going on or knowing but only staying due to blackmail because everyone thinks he's such a nice guy.

However, he also seems to be the best celebrity recruiter. If you read the articles out their on how celebrities came to audit/join Scientology, Travolta's name comes up more often than anyone.

Cruise only managed to bring in his family members and couldn't even get his wives to permanently join Co$.  Sure, he did a great job of bringing knowledge of Co$ to the mainstream but only as an explanation as to why he turned whack job jumping on couches and fighting with Brooke Shields and Matt Lauer and eventually driving Katie Holmes to execute a clandestine escape from her marriage.

In other Travolta news, what will he park in his garage now that he donated his 707 to a museum?

screen%20shot%202014-09-11%20at%2011.22.

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

In other Travolta news, what will he park in his garage now that he donated his 707 to a museum?

It's not a donation really. The plane needed over $1,000,000 in repairs.  He can't afford it. I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast and Bill Burr was the guest.  They discussed how studios would include perks like, maintaining/fueling Travolta's plane, but these perks are now long gone.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/93176940/revealed-the-cost-of-getting-john-travoltas-plane-from-the-us-to-australia

I don't excuse Travolta or any celebrity.   I question the depth of their knowledge.   They all have careers to protect so it is curious, to me, why they would stay involved if they knew the truth of it all.  I would like to hear Leah address this.  

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Leah has always said nice things about Travolta, even after she left Scientology.

Yes, I know.   I just am wondering if he knows all of the horrors.   

Edited by wings707

In Jenna Miscaviage Hill's book, she says that celebrities are shielded from so many of the horrors. They are only at the celebrity center. They don't see the children working.  They aren't asked for many donations or pressured the way non-celebrities are. Those working at the celebrity center are required to appear happy while there.  

I think Leah saw a lot more because she was a Sea Org member before becoming a celebrity.  She saw the abused kids; she saw the 16 hour work days, etc.

(edited)

Greta Van Susreren is a scientologist, I just learned.  

1 hour ago, deaja said:

In Jenna Miscaviage Hill's book, she says that celebrities are shielded from so many of the horrors. They are only at the celebrity center. They don't see the children working.  They aren't asked for many donations or pressured the way non-celebrities are. Those working at the celebrity center are required to appear happy while there.  

I think Leah saw a lot more because she was a Sea Org member before becoming a celebrity.  She saw the abused kids; she saw the 16 hour work days, etc.

Thanks.  That is what I thought, makes total sense.  

Edited by wings707

Now that Jason Dohring is back on my screen I can't stop thinking about his involvement.  I know his dad was uber-rich, but I wonder if he saw more of the inner stuff like Leah?  I just can't understand why people stay.  I really can't.  I get the shielded celebrities more, I guess, but still not really.