Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

In Leah's book, she talks about how Katie wrote several "knowledge reports" about her based on her "rude behavior" at their wedding, but Tom never wrote one. What does everyone make of this?

I'm not sure I'd read anything into it one way or the other. Katie was certainly pro CO$ at the time of the wedding or they wouldn't have married. So it's possible Katie did it on her own out of her CO$ beliefs. It's also possible she did it on behalf of them as a couple with Tom's knowledge or even at his insistence. But I don't think Tom's lack of a KR means anything about Tom. I doubt he would take the time to write things on his own. I suspect he considers himself 'above' that.  If something or someone upsets him, he just tells DM directly. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I'm not sure I'd read anything into it one way or the other. Katie was certainly pro CO$ at the time of the wedding or they wouldn't have married. So it's possible Katie did it on her own out of her CO$ beliefs. It's also possible she did it on behalf of them as a couple with Tom's knowledge or even at his insistence. But I don't think Tom's lack of a KR means anything about Tom. I doubt he would take the time to write things on his own. I suspect he considers himself 'above' that.  If something or someone upsets him, he just tells DM directly. 

The apparent transparency of the reports is interesting and that Leah would even know who wrote them is surprising.

4 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

The apparent transparency of the reports is interesting and that Leah would even know who wrote them is surprising.

I think it's insidious. In other paranoid environments, they keep this information secret so that individuals think that there are eyes everywhere. However, there is still the faintest glimmer of hope that your loved ones aren't reporting on you. But Scientology straight up lets you know that the people you've formed the deepest greatest bonds with will sell you out. Those people (your spouse, children, parents, best friends) will dime you out in a second. It kills all of your hope. It also prevents mass exoduses from Scientology. People who feel like there is value in Scientology, but that it's being run incorrectly can't secretly recruit people to leave the Church and join their splinter faith. Someone that you attempt to recruit will write a KR and it's over after that. It's why the husband in the couple that left couldn't tell his wife.

56 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

It is interesting. If someone who writes a report on you is later declared an SP, then you have a right to ask that any report they wrote is removed from your file, according to Leah.

11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It is interesting. If someone who writes a report on you is later declared an SP, then you have a right to ask that any report they wrote is removed from your file, according to Leah.

Which is why Leah kept bugging the higher ups to have Katie's reports removed from her file. And clearly those in charge were so irritated by Leah that they started retaliating.

1 hour ago, thosme said:

Whenever I watch Tom Cruise and David Miscavage together, I think Tom is auditioning to play David in a Scientology or self-funded movie.

And it would be the first time in history that Tom would take the lifts OUT of his shoes to make him closer in height to the person he's playing.

Edited by AZChristian
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, larapu2000 said:

What I don't understand about John Travolta is if he WERE to leave the Church, doesn't he understand that public sentiment is with HIM, not with Scientology?  And that even if they were to threaten him with releasing information about his alleged personal life secrets, wouldn't he believe he had the moral high ground of people understanding what the Church was doing to him, like they have done to EVERY ex-member?  I understand that his family is at stake, especially his wife, but if you could get ONE celebrity like him, that's being blackmailed, I think that would be huge.

That's what I don't understand, and that's why I love Leah Remini-she can read the damn room.

Sure the greater public would embrace JT if he came out bisexual or gay.  The problem is the pesky multiple assault lawsuits filed against Travolta, and the church's settling of them.  All of the dirty details would be released.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Almost 3000 said:

I wonder if she'll be tossed into the hole if she can't turn around the bad PR caused by this series. DM is so "off with their heads" and reactionary. Scary guy...

I'm sure Miscavige would throw her in the hole if he could, but she's not a Scientologist.

Does anyone know why sometimes when you open to start a post, your old text is still there and it's almost impossible to delete it?  Sorry, COFCINCI I had quoted in you a post from yesterday and then today, it wouldn't allow me to get it out of my new post.  Thus, the quote above. Please disregard. 

New issue.

I had no idea that Lisa Marie Presley was so involved and miserable.  Please forgive me if this link has been posted before.  OMG!  Is this true?  Is she in the documentary with Leah?

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/21/how-lisa-marie-presley-became-scientology-leader-david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know why sometimes when you open to start a post, your old text is still there and it's almost impossible to delete it?  Sorry, COFCINCI I had quoted in you a post from yesterday and then today, it wouldn't allow me to get it out of my new post.  Thus, the quote above. Please disregard. 

New issue.

I had no idea that Lisa Marie Presley was so involved and miserable.  Please forgive me if this link has been posted before.  OMG!  Is this true?  Is she in the documentary with Leah?

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/21/how-lisa-marie-presley-became-scientology-leader-david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare/

I've had that same problem, even now with this post. Can't delete the wrongly quoted post. 

They are aware of it but nothing has changed that I can tell.

Supposedly the is a workaround but nothing works for me, tried it all so I just press submit and explain.

3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sorry, can't get rid of wrongly quoted post.

On 12/30/2016 at 3:15 AM, shelley1005 said:

A lot of this seems pretty cray cray.     

And Suri looks quit a  bit like Tom and looks more so as she continues to grow up.  

I agree. It seems like a lot of people "know" somebody who "knows" them and every story is different.  I take all of them with a very large grain of salt. 

A friend worked for a law firm who took Scientology on as a client against Anonymous... Within days Anonymous had a video up, talking about the firm, giving names and addresses. I guess the firm dissolved the client relationship within 24 he's of that. 

So creepy.

I took my son to old Pasadena and they have a center. I said "OK if any of those people want to talk to you, RUN!". I hate teaching through fear but I just had no idea how to put all of their abuses into 9 yr old knowledge.

That's some batshit crazy concerning LMP. Always liked her. About the same age. Glad she's got some stones.

I noticed a tall blue Scientology building when I was living in Las Vegas. I remember thinking it looked so out of place plopped down across from a clubs and a very industrial part of town. It wasn't the best part of town either. You would think with their budget it would be located in Green Valley or Summerlin. Lots of Celebs and higher income areas.

3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I noticed a tall blue Scientology building when I was living in Las Vegas. I remember thinking it looked so out of place plopped down across from a clubs and a very industrial part of town. It wasn't the best part of town either. You would think with their budget it would be located in Green Valley or Summerlin. Lots of Celebs and higher income areas.

Where exactly was it located?  I lived out in LV for 25 years and never noticed it.  

Edited by juliet73

I wish Lisa Marie would join Leah on season 2 and start blabbing. She's such a moneybags that nothing Miscavige did could hurt her, and you know she's got some juicy stories.

Once she's warmed up, she could then give us the real poop on her "marriage" to Michael Jackson.

On January 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM, hatchetgirl said:

A friend worked for a law firm who took Scientology on as a client against Anonymous... Within days Anonymous had a video up, talking about the firm, giving names and addresses. I guess the firm dissolved the client relationship within 24 he's of that. 

So creepy.

I took my son to old Pasadena and they have a center. I said "OK if any of those people want to talk to you, RUN!". I hate teaching through fear but I just had no idea how to put all of their abuses into 9 yr old knowledge.

Wow, Scientology vs. Anonymous. That's a celebrity death match I would've loved to have seen.

25 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Wow, Scientology vs. Anonymous. That's a celebrity death match I would've loved to have seen.

Speaking of which, Anonymous has been pretty much under the radar lately.  Wonder what they're up to?

Edited by spiderpig
31 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Speaking of which, Anonymous has been pretty much under the radar lately.  Wonder what they're up to?

This and Lisa Marie P is exhilarating news.  This is really going to happen. 

Eta. Are they one in the same?

Edited by wings707
14 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Where exactly was it located?  I lived out in LV for 25 years and never noticed it.  

I am from Green Valley and have only passed it a few times. It's on Emerson Ave. I'm pretty sure it is off Charleston. I didn't get down there much but I recall many discount centers and clubs. Wish I could give you a better answer.  I lived there for over 25 years as well but didn't wander around much.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, Tiger said:

One angle Leah and Mike may want to explore in trying to get the IRS exemption revoked, is if "church" funds are being used to fund Cruise's studio.  

My understanding is that Cruise and his sister took over the deeply financially troubled UnitedArtists a number of years ago, and theee have been reportedly been numerous and repeated accounting irregularities since.  

I'm a forensic accountant specializing in securities fraud, and I'd love to look at their books.  

Offer your services to Leah on twitter. You can get that across in 140 words easily!  There so many places to catch them but fraud is one ticket that contains cold hard facts.  I become deliriously excited about their demise.  

On 1/4/2017 at 2:48 PM, larapu2000 said:

What I don't understand about John Travolta is if he WERE to leave the Church, doesn't he understand that public sentiment is with HIM, not with Scientology?  And that even if they were to threaten him with releasing information about his alleged personal life secrets, wouldn't he believe he had the moral high ground of people understanding what the Church was doing to him, like they have done to EVERY ex-member?  I understand that his family is at stake, especially his wife, but if you could get ONE celebrity like him, that's being blackmailed, I think that would be huge.

That's what I don't understand, and that's why I love Leah Remini-she can read the damn room.

This is why I think that he's either terrified of losing his kids..... or whatever they have on Travolta is BAD. AWFUL. ILLEGAL. Possibly him admitting to some of the allegations brought by male masseuses that have been in the media. Or worse. 

On 1/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, green said:

No she is not a Scientologist.  She is a hired gun lawyer who gets tons of money defending this pile of manure.

I'm pretty sure Scientologists are discouraged from sending their kids to college/university, which would be a requirement for law school. None of the second generation Scientologists I can think of went to university (Cruise kids, Kirstie Alley's kids/Mastersons/etc). So any professional, college-educated people who work for them are probably not members unless they joined after university/post-grad/professional school (and it seems those people with educations would *generally* be less susceptible to buying what CoS is selling, particularly in the era of the internet.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:39 AM, DangerousMinds said:

In Leah's book, she talks about how Katie wrote several "knowledge reports" about her based on her "rude behavior" at their wedding, but Tom never wrote one. What does everyone make of this?

Someone else said it above- Tom doesn't have time to write knowledge reports - he's too busy being the world's greatest movie star ever and saving the world, etc. 

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

There is a Cos church in Phoenix, if it weren't so far I would drive by and check it out. I bet it is empty.  Well maybe I will.  

Oooh.  Let's meet for lunch and check it out together.  Safety in numbers!!!!

7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Oooh.  Let's meet for lunch and check it out together.  Safety in numbers!!!!

LOL!  deal.  We say, I don't believe a word Leah says, if COS is good enough for Tom Cruise it is good enough for us.  We want a tour!  

ETA.  I will mention that I won powerball last year and have all I need.  Now I want to save the planet!  They might give us snacks for that one.   

Edited by wings707

I would like to propose that we refrain from calling their facilities 'churches'.  Since (I think, anyway) churches are buildings wherein religious devotional (& other) activities occur, and since Co$ is not a religion, I think 'facilities' is a better term. There, that nit's been picked, thankyouverymuch!

Edited by fastiller

Kirstie A. was on NBC this morning third hour with Hoda and Kathie Lee.  I didn't notice any mention of Leah's show. I used to like her, John T. and Tom, but,......the more that I see and learn, the more it just disgusts me.  And I know that they know...that's what's so horrible. 

Last night, as the reporters talked....I got a little paranoid.  I mean, I do post stuff on this site. Who's reading it?  Glad I'm using a worthless screen name. lol 

Leah said she even wrote knowledge reports on her husband, Angelo. He seems to really adore her. He said that he fell in love with her the moment he laid eyes on her, despite the fact he momentarily forgot he was married with 3 kids. 

I'm glad he supported her in leaving Scientology.glad she's got someone "all in" for her no matter what. He's had little to say about his experience there, but it's probably to his benefit he keeps mum since he owns a restaurant and is also a recording artist.

7 hours ago, wings707 said:

There is a Cos church in Phoenix, if it weren't so far I would drive by and check it out. I bet it is empty.  Well maybe I will.  

44th St and Indian School Rd. Not a bad neighborhood. Obviously spending their money on good real estate here. Next time I'm in that area I'll do a drive by. Just north on 44th St is L.Ron Hubbard's house that he purchased in 1952. He was living there when he founded the "religion" and wrote his first five books. It was purchased by COS in 2000 and made into a museum but apparently they don't do tours due to complaints by the neighbors. The New Times did an article about the house a few years ago.

I can just picture Little Davy hiding out there when things go to shit......

21 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

44th St and Indian School Rd. Not a bad neighborhood. Obviously spending their money on good real estate here. Next time I'm in that area I'll do a drive by. Just north on 44th St is L.Ron Hubbard's house that he purchased in 1952. He was living there when he founded the "religion" and wrote his first five books. It was purchased by COS in 2000 and made into a museum but apparently they don't do tours due to complaints by the neighbors. The New Times did an article about the house a few years ago.

I can just picture Little Davy hiding out there when things go to shit......

Interesting!  I just moved here from Florida. 

Anything around the base of Camelback Mountain is Richy-Rich territory. There are a bunch of very old neighborhoods too, like where L Ron's little house is located. And it makes me very sad that he came up with the whole alien/volcano/how-can-I-rip-people-off crapfest while living here. How did our nice little town influence him like that?

It is in one of those old neighborhoods. Small tract houses from the early 50s. Surrounding those pockets of old neighborhoods are the expensive places. 

COS remodeled the interior to look like it did when L Ron lived there. The furniture fabric pattern alone explains a lot about the man.

20 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This is why I think that he's either terrified of losing his kids..... or whatever they have on Travolta is BAD. AWFUL. ILLEGAL. Possibly him admitting to some of the allegations brought by male masseuses that have been in the media. Or worse. 

I'm pretty sure Scientologists are discouraged from sending their kids to college/university, which would be a requirement for law school. None of the second generation Scientologists I can think of went to university (Cruise kids, Kirstie Alley's kids/Mastersons/etc). So any professional, college-educated people who work for them are probably not members unless they joined after university/post-grad/professional school (and it seems those people with educations would *generally* be less susceptible to buying what CoS is selling, particularly in the era of the internet.

Someone else said it above- Tom doesn't have time to write knowledge reports - he's too busy being the world's greatest movie star ever and saving the world, etc. 

They might learn some critical thinking skills in college.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, AlwaysWatching said:

Maybe Jenna Elfman?

I'm pretty sure this is correct.  I seem to remember some years ago a story about her getting confronted by a critic of CO$ and she responded to his questions with: "Did you rape a baby?" or something insane like that because, according to Scientologists, a person's reaction to a question such as that is indicative of whether you are...I don't know...hiding "crimes" or whatever.  After hearing this, I stopped watching Dharma and Greg.

I do think when things went down with Tom and Nicole...Scientology was a lot more powerful.  She might not have been able to fight that fight.  She also might not have wanted to be declared a SP and then she'd never see her kids.  There are rumors she was declared anyways and the kids have nothing to do with her, but I can see that mentality.  There is also the rumor that the children are biological children of other Scientology members.  Nicole might have known she'd be fighting something she'd never win.  I'd fight for my children anyways, but I could see why her situation might be different than Katie's when she booked.  Scientology was consider looney tunes froot loops stuff.....so she could make a deal to make sure she gets custody.  

3 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

I'm pretty sure this is correct.  I seem to remember some years ago a story about her getting confronted by a critic of CO$ and she responded to his questions with: "Did you rape a baby?" or something insane like that because, according to Scientologists, a person's reaction to a question such as that is indicative of whether you are...I don't know...hiding "crimes" or whatever.  After hearing this, I stopped watching Dharma and Greg.

Elfman has a new show debuting on ABC in April called "Imaginary Mary". I hope it bombs.

To make it worse, it's replacing a show that is one of a few shows on tv with a gay lead character.  That show is pretty much gauranteed to come back next fall, but still . . .

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Elfman has a new show debuting on ABC in April called "Imaginary Mary". I hope it bombs.

The trailer was already horrifyingly off-putting to me, but yeah. The All-Elfman boycott is in place for sure.

I was also looking at Giovanni Ribisi's new series Sneaky Pete that's a firm no as well.