Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, dirtydi said:

Good on Danny!  I read a Doug Liman interview (the director od Tom Cruise's new movie) and he actually said  TC is better that a stunt double.  Puke city, he just fawned over the guy.  Is that a requirement on his press tour? To just kiss his ass?

I'm pretty sure it is.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

How wrong am I to want a good hit on Flag? Let Miscaviage be there and drown.

4 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

How wrong am I to want a good hit on Flag? Let Miscaviage be there and drown.

I had the same thought.....but if he was there I am sure he flew himself and Tommy out....the poor commoners will be the ones to suffer the devastation unfortunately not him.. Although if they take a big enough financial hit from the destruction of their properties maybe it will be enough of a hit they will have a hard time recovering and it could be Cults downfall?. One can hope.

Interesting question on Irma and it's potential hit on Flag... Parts of Clearwater are under mandatory evacuation. I have no way to know if they are the parts of Clearwater where Flag buildings sit, but if they are, do COS people believe in heading government mandates like that? Would they evacuate or would only the top guys bail and leave the rest locked up on their "campus"? Would those left behind even feel able to call for rescue if they needed it?

5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Parts of Clearwater are under mandatory evacuation. I have no way to know if they are the parts of Clearwater where Flag buildings sit, but if they are, do COS people believe in heading government mandates like that? Would they evacuate or would only the top guys bail and leave the rest locked up on their "campus"? Would those left behind even feel able to call for rescue if they needed it?

Looking at the zone map, the main buildings are not in the evacuation zones. Darn. I wanted them to hang out and turn the storm with their minds.... all the while ignoring the warnings. Come on, Davie. Show us what you can do. Oh well.

Good luck to all in the path anyway.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:24 AM, Cupcake04 said:

Although if they take a big enough financial hit from the destruction of their properties maybe it will be enough of a hit they will have a hard time recovering and it could be Cults downfall?

Oh come on, you know good and well that Davey will just conveniently discover a few thetans lurking on a wealthy parishioner or announce that they found out that one of the writings was supposed to have been in twelve point font instead of eleven and a half point font so now everybody has to buy a whole new set of books.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:57 PM, Stuffy said:

I love Edge of Tomorrow too. It's 100% because Emily Blunt is awesome. If they follow through with making the rumored (maybe announced?) sequel, I'll eventually see that too. I love when Emily Blunt plays a bad ass. It seems so against type, but she's so good at it. 

I love it too. Tom Cruise being in the film wasn't great for selling tickets, but the last minute name changes didn't help. It was originally called "All You Need is Kill" like the novel it was based on. Then it was changed to "Live. Die. Repeat." At the last moment, it was changed to "Edge of Tomorrow."

The sequel is actually a prequel. I believe that it's about the battle of Verdun and what Emily Blunt's character does after she loses the ability to reset the day.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:37 PM, dirtydi said:

I read a Doug Liman interview (the director of Tom Cruise's new movie) and he actually said  TC is better that a stunt double.  Puke city, he just fawned over the guy.  Is that a requirement on his press tour? To just kiss his ass?

I think the statement is both true and not true. It's true because he's been doing stunts for more than twenty years. He can do free diving, climbing, hand to hand fights, sword fighting, can handle guns, do falls, jumps, stunt driving, and ride horses and motorcycles. It's doubtful that you would find a single stuntman who is as good as he is in all of the stunt categories that he can perform. They had to get a new insurance company when he wanted to climb the Burj Khalifa. Everyone talks about that airplane stunt in Rogue Nation, but the motorcycle stunt was crazier and more dangerous. No helmet or rig. It could have been catastrophic.

The reason it's not true that Tom Cruise is better than most stuntman is because most of his stunts would have been vetoed if you wanted a stunt performer to do the stunt. Since he's an executive producer, he can overrule everyone else. So then they have to figure out a way to perform the stunt. For the plane stunt, they had to sweep the surrounding area free of grass, rocks, and birds for days before they filmed. For the motorcycle stunt, they had to sweep and vacuum the road to make sure Cruise's motorcycle wouldn't catch a rock and fling him from the bike without a helmet. They wouldn't go to half this effort for the same stunt performed by a stuntman. If a director went to the studio with a request for more money to vacuum a road for an awesome motorcycle stunt performed by a stuntman, the studio would tell the director to come up with another stunt. So comparing him to a regular stunt person isn't fair because regular stunt performers don't get to perform stunts under the same conditions that he does.

Edited by HunterHunted
On 9/8/2017 at 7:47 AM, AZChristian said:

No delusions here:

"I train, you know, I've studied, you know, professional athletes, Olympians, in order to, you know, a sprinter for the Olympics, they only have to run two races a day," Cruise explains. "When I'm shooting, I could potentially have to run 30, 40 races a day, day after day."

Cruise is later asked about his lawyer's equating of his absence from Suri to that of a soldier's absence from his family while fighting in Afghanistan. While the actor says he didn't hear that comment, filming his last movie felt like being at war.

"I didn't hear the Afghanistan [comment], but that's what it feels like, and certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise says.

BARF

The fact that Tommy can compare shooting a movie - - any movie - - to an actual war proves what a chucklefuck dipshit he is.   That alone should be enough to scare people off the CO$.

Remember, this is the same celeb who claimed to have personally gotten someone off heroin in 3 days and who never got sick.  Uh-huh.  If he's such an incredible superpower, and can obviously move things with his mind (because he's a stellar Scieno), why doesn't he handle these recent hurricanes?  Should be a piece of cake after the "torture" of filming a movie and all.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:04 AM, Cupcake04 said:

As a funny aside.....when he first hooked up with Katie and all the craziness started, I got a shirt at Macy's that said "Run, Katie, Run"!  lol  Did anyone else see or buy those?

This takes me back! I had one of the "Run Katie Run" shirts and also one that said "A Few Good Meds" (which was of course a play on "A Few Good Men" and Tommy's dislike for medication). That freekatie.net site was great.  

On 9/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, psychoticstate said:

The fact that Tommy can compare shooting a movie - - any movie - - to an actual war proves what a chucklefuck dipshit he is.   That alone should be enough to scare people off the CO$.

Remember, this is the same celeb who claimed to have personally gotten someone off heroin in 3 days and who never got sick.  Uh-huh.  If he's such an incredible superpower, and can obviously move things with his mind (because he's a stellar Scieno), why doesn't he handle these recent hurricanes?  Should be a piece of cake after the "torture" of filming a movie and all.

And yet, slam him into one small building and he just limps away whining about his ankle like a girl in a horror movie.  Shouldn't he be above that now?  After all, he can teleport, according to him.

Edited by smorbie

I wasn't sure where to put this question but since he's technically a 'high-profile' Scientologist/ex-scientologist I chose here. 

Can someone explain what the deal is with Marty Rathburn? I thought he was a former Scientologist who had joined the crusade to expose the evils in the organization. But now what I'm reading is that he's an active scientology trying to discredit those who are speaking out against Scientology. What happened there?

Here's Mike's take on Rathbun.  

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/marty-rathbuns-meltdown/

I watched the ID-Discovery episode about Rathbun and his comings and goings from the Cult.  He left twice.  Miss Cabbage got him back the first time by promising him things.  

His twitter feed is mostly about "Leah & her Troublemakers".  

I guess the question is, is he simply jealous of Leah & Mike's success or has Miss Cabbage promised him something yet again to get his wife to drop the lawsuit and have him come back into the fold?   It's all too weird.

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wasn't sure where to put this question but since he's technically a 'high-profile' Scientologist/ex-scientologist I chose here. 

Can someone explain what the deal is with Marty Rathburn? I thought he was a former Scientologist who had joined the crusade to expose the evils in the organization. But now what I'm reading is that he's an active scientology trying to discredit those who are speaking out against Scientology. What happened there?

I don't think anyone knows for sure.  Here's what we do know.  Marty blew years ago and has spent a lot of that time trying to expose and sue the cult.  And now he's their best friend.  It doesn't take a detective to figure out something is seriously wrong with that picture.

Marty appeared in My Scientology Film (available on Netflix and worth the watch).  It was filmed earlier this year, I think.  It is obvious that there is something really wrong with him.  He is emotional fragile and volatile throughout the film.  

For years he was involved in litigation with the crock.  I think we've seen how they roll.  I think he finally just couldn't take it anymore.  There's a part of the film where someone says something derogatory about his child, and he was barely hanging on after that.

I think the crock made a deal with him. I think he got some money, and in return sings sunshine and rainbows about the cult.

It would be easy to make assumptions.  But we haven't been through it as what he has for as long as he's suffered.

Edited by smorbie

Re. Rathburn, I think we might underestimate the long-term effects of the brainwashing.  You can get out, but the former brainwashing effects are still there.  I would think it could almost be compared to an abusive relationship.  Look at how many people return to those.

11 minutes ago, deaja said:

Re. Rathburn, I think we might underestimate the long-term effects of the brainwashing.  You can get out, but the former brainwashing effects are still there.  I would think it could almost be compared to an abusive relationship.  Look at how many people return to those.

I feel nothing but sympathy for him.  He is a tragic figure, a beaten, broken man.  I think your comparison is very apt.  He looks exactly like a woman whose abuser has just bought her flowers and she is trying to figure out a way to justify his actions.

Edited by smorbie

I just watched My Scientology Movie last night. It was painful to watch Rathbun. He was obviously already unhinged. How soon after filming that movie did he go back?  What broke my heart was when he said they had no friends and he was unemployable. What a lonely, hard life. I wish he hadn't felt his only option was going back. What surprised me, though, was the way he acted when they brought up his son. Surely, that wasn't the first time they tried that tactic?

11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Leah confirms Jada is a Clam. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/leah-remini-jada-pinkett-smith-is-a-scientologist

I totally suspect that Tiffany Haddish is a $cientologist too. 

I don't know who Tiffany Haddish is, but I don't get why anybody hides the fact they're in unless they KNOW it's a crock of shit. If they feel it's so wonderful, why lie about it?  If Tom Cruise can be so vocal about it and still get work (even though the work is really questionable now) what do they think they're losing by admitting it?  Of course, I don't want anyone to be in this cult anymore, I just don't get their thought process. 

6 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I don't know who Tiffany Haddish is, but I don't get why anybody hides the fact they're in unless they KNOW it's a crock of shit. If they feel it's so wonderful, why lie about it?  If Tom Cruise can be so vocal about it and still get work (even though the work is really questionable now) what do they think they're losing by admitting it?  Of course, I don't want anyone to be in this cult anymore, I just don't get their thought process. 

It's not like hiding it has worked anyway.  Everyone knows it.  Will Smith's career trajectory looks like meteor falling to earth.  There's no reason for it other than scientology, IMO.  

8 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Jada and Will would hide it because their Black fanbase would not be cool with $cientology.  

Re: Marty Rathbun, when I read his book recently it was clear that he still believes that Scientology is "real" and worked for him.  He never refutes that he was able to achieve things with his mind, etc. that he couldn't do before the cult.  There is also a serious history of mental health issues in his family.  It's not at all surprising that he is back in and unhinged.  Sad.

Jada and Will have been "rumored" for a VERY long time to have been part of it. I am not sure why it was just a rumor though considering they tried to open up a Scientology school at one point....that ended up closing once parents caught wind of what was going on from what I had read. I have a link about the closing here. https://newsone.com/2648933/new-village-leadership-academy-scientology/

Tony Ortega's interview with the one principal fro it. 

https://tonyortega.org/2013/11/18/exclusive-first-interview-with-the-principal-of-will-jada-smiths-shuttered-scientology-school/

I can't stand the Smith family. The kids are spoiled rich brats that have never been parented and it doesn't surprise me though considering all this. Hell, I had to stop watching Gotham because of her being on it so much. One can only take so much of any of their faces. Its to bad this whole family, Cruise and Miscaviage just don't all disappear together never to be heard from again. 

35 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Well, I guess $cientology will count this as a good day considering Elisabeth Moss's win at the Emmy's

@Evil Queen, regarding Gotham:

Reveal hidden contents

You can come back now, she's gone.

SPs Nicole Kidman and Leah Remini won also, so the good guys came out on top. Ha ha. 

I think Nicole actually won twice because she also produced Big Little Lies with Reese. 

12 hours ago, Stuffy said:

SPs Nicole Kidman and Leah Remini won also, so the good guys came out on top. Ha ha. 

I think Nicole actually won twice because she also produced Big Little Lies with Reese. 

Apparantly Moss wasn't in her seat during Nicole's acceptance speech. Same thing she did for Leah's win a few weeks ago.  I watched the first 2 eps of Handmaids and it is really really disturbing and difficult to watch but I think it is imperitive to watch it but I am so conflicted because of Moss.  I hate supporting anything that a Cult member does.  I'm glad it cleaned up at the Emmys last night, but was hoping Moss would be their only loss. 

13 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Apparantly Moss wasn't in her seat during Nicole's acceptance speech. Same thing she did for Leah's win a few weeks ago.  I watched the first 2 eps of Handmaids and it is really really disturbing and difficult to watch but I think it is imperitive to watch it but I am so conflicted because of Moss.  I hate supporting anything that a Cult member does.  I'm glad it cleaned up at the Emmys last night, but was hoping Moss would be their only loss. 

She wasn't in her seat, but I don't know if it means anything. She and Nicole worked on the second Top of the Lake show together, and Moss said positive things about Nicole when she was doing publicity. 

Then again her Scientology mom was with her so who knows. 

40 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

She wasn't in her seat, but I don't know if it means anything. She and Nicole worked on the second Top of the Lake show together, and Moss said positive things about Nicole when she was doing publicity. 

Then again her Scientology mom was with her so who knows. 

i was wondering about this. so if you leave scientology you are not supposed to have any contact with those still in it. but acting together is ok? i like elizabeth moss's acting. since madmen. but now i can't watch her without thinking about her belonging to this cult. 

20 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i was wondering about this. so if you leave scientology you are not supposed to have any contact with those still in it. but acting together is ok? i like elizabeth moss's acting. since madmen. but now i can't watch her without thinking about her belonging to this cult. 

According to their teachings, the people in the church are not supposed to associate with SPs. I don't know if that's family or everyone. Leah has said several times that celebrities are not held to the same standards as other COS members. She'll probably get into it this week. 

Last I heard even Miscavidge isn't an OT 8, and he's the church leader. You'd think the leader would be at the highest level. 

Edited by Stuffy
22 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Jada and Will would hide it because their Black fanbase would not be cool with $cientology.  

That should be changing now that nation of islam is all up scientology's koolaid.  Don't they realize lrhuckster was white?

21 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Re: Marty Rathbun, when I read his book recently it was clear that he still believes that Scientology is "real" and worked for him.  He never refutes that he was able to achieve things with his mind, etc. that he couldn't do before the cult.  There is also a serious history of mental health issues in his family.  It's not at all surprising that he is back in and unhinged.  Sad.

Yeah, he was a squirrel for sure.

14 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Well, I guess $cientology will count this as a good day considering Elisabeth Moss's win at the Emmy's

@Evil Queen, regarding Gotham:

Hide contents

You can come back now, she's gone.

And that picture of her holding the statue, flipping a bird.  Class will out, won't it?

39 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I've long suspected the kids had some Scientology, just by the weird stuff that Jaden spouts out about controlling time, etc.

He should go back in time to reconsider those pics.

9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I was thinking all the same stuff, and I'm both intrigued that Moss and Kidman are in the same show, and tempted to watch it. But ... been off Moss since learning (after HT) that she was a scieno. The irony of her playing someone trying to liberate herself from a destructive cult was too much.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:22 PM, msrachelj said:

I think Mike Rinder has touched on this before - basically, Elizabeth would need permission to work with Nicole. They likely wouldn't spend much time together outside of the actual filming on set. And as always, it seems their celebrity members get dispensation to do things others, like those in the Sea Org, would not. 

Interesting... I wanted to share a recent (3hours ago) picture of Travolta, because I thought he really looked... Good ! Really good ! And, then, I read he comments. Enjoy !!! <3

(and NO WAY Shania will be in, I promise, lol !)

Edited by Diane Mars
17 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Please be Erika Christensen. Please be Erika Christensen!

This is just big speculation, but if it is true and it's someone who was friends with Leah, then I would think Leah would know about it. And since they seem to be doing up to the minute editing of the show I don't think they would include photos of someone they knew is getting out. So since they showed Christensen, I'm thinking it's not her. 

10 hours ago, MsNewsradio said:

I think Mike Rinder has touched on this before - basically, Elizabeth would need permission to work with Nicole. They likely wouldn't spend much time together outside of the actual filming on set. And as always, it seems their celebrity members get dispensation to do things others, like those in the Sea Org, would not. 

I think it boils down to money.  They will sacrifice any and all beliefs for the bottom line.  Their celebrities can do whatever's needed to keep the money flowing into the cult.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, BindsTheTuna said:

I read an article today that said Tom hasn't seen Suri in almost four years. Is she an SP at 11 years old?

I think he's just not that into parenting.  After he successfully alienated the first two against Nicole, he dumped them on his sister to raise.  The man is a workaholic, and is very much an empty vessel.  Reminds me of what Jason Beghe said about being audited until you're going insane.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, dirtydi said:

Good on Danny!  I read a Doug Liman interview (the director od Tom Cruise's new movie) and he actually said  TC is better that a stunt double.  Puke city, he just fawned over the guy.  Is that a requirement on his press tour? To just kiss his ass?

Cruise is a true fanatic, so maybe his beliefs in self-healing and levitation make him fearless in his stunts? 

5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

This is just big speculation, but if it is true and it's someone who was friends with Leah, then I would think Leah would know about it. And since they seem to be doing up to the minute editing of the show I don't think they would include photos of someone they knew is getting out. So since they showed Christensen, I'm thinking it's not her. 

Who were Leah's Scientology friends?

The Janet Charlton's page it links to has two recent Scientology posts, one about Elisabeth Moss being cagey about Scientology's role in her success, and one about whether the Beckham's or Smith's ever got recruited. Elisabeth Moss is probably CoS's highest profile actress at the moment, so she'd be a big loss, but I can't imagine her and Leah being close, and she was born into the cult, which probably makes it harder to leave.