Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She might not be one, but she could be getting paid by them. 

I agree. The lengths they will go to are just astounding. I read The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, so I already knew what they did to Paulette Cooper, but last night I ended up reading about what they did to Gabe Cazares, the mayor of Clearwater, on the Underground Bunker. I somehow missed that story previously.  

Eta:  I don’t know if they framed Paul Haggis or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Edited by EVS
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://deadline.com/2018/01/paul-haggis-deborah-rennard-defends-ex-husband-rape-allegations-dallas-crash-1202241096/

This is very interesting. Paul Haggis’s ex-wife defends him. She says that he was not physically capable of the first accusation  because he was recovering from back surgery. And another claims to have been an “in house” publicist on his tv show but no such person worked on the show. I have to say even as a staunch defender of rape victims it’s pretty convincing. 

She has actual facts to bring forward, not only about the back surgery and the lie about the anonymous woman's position on the TV show, but also the fact that Paul himself went to the DA with the first accusation and volunteered to be questioned, and he himself first made that accusation public. It's not just that she doesn't believe him capable of this, it's not just that she's known him for decades about as well as anyone could, and it's not just about the Scientology elephant in the room. That's how you do this. (I'd tell Lena Dunham to take notes, but she's beyond...well, beyond anything and everything really.)

I think it's interesting that the Co$ makes it a point to say "the three additional women making allegations against Haggis all are on record to the Associated Press as stating that they are not Scientologists."  That alone tells me that $cientology is involved. Also, how come EVERY time the Co$ releases a statement, they ALWAYS use the word bigot? Considering these morons are required to read the dictionary for fun, you would think they could come up with a different word to use instead.

8 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I think it's interesting that the Co$ makes it a point to say "the three additional women making allegations against Haggis all are on record to the Associated Press as stating that they are not Scientologists."  That alone tells me that $cientology is involved. Also, how come EVERY time the Co$ releases a statement, they ALWAYS use the word bigot? Considering these morons are required to read the dictionary for fun, you would think they could come up with a different word to use instead.

They should start making them read a thesaurus too.

9 hours ago, illini1959 said:

Probably not the thread to ask (but it looked like the most active) but any word on when new episodes will air?

Sounds as if a third season will be coming (don't know when) and that it will not be solely focused on $cientology but other "cult" organizations as well.

20 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Is that the one with the Smallville actress?  It's hard to keep them straight anymore. 

Yep. It also happened to have gotten Kristen Kruek of Smallville and Beauty and the Beast and Grace Park of Battlestar Galactica and Hawaii 5-0 before the two of them realized how crazy it all is. It also has the Bronfman sisters, heiresses to the Seagram's fortune, and Katherine Oxenberg's daughter. The extreme calorie restriction, branding, and sexual servitude freak me out too.

Even if the celebrity isn't incensed by the deplorable actions of the COS, perhaps, eventually the star will be embarrassed by their asinine and foolish antics.  To think they are so smart, they sure do seem unsophisticated in many of their dealings. 

Interesting. Although I can’t imagine TC will ever leave. His ego, money and support system are all tied up in the CO$. His other children, and other family members are in it, and I think he honestly believes the hogwash. Plus he has an unlimited supply of unpaid minions who worship him or at least pretend to for fear of the hole. By the way little Tommy has joined Instragram. And the believers rejoiced.

https://www.instagram.com/tomcruise/

Edited by ramble
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

don't know where this belongs but there was a scientology commercial during the Super Bowl. 

I did see that Leah tweeted about the commercial but I wonder if it only aired in certain markets. I live in GA and didn't see it.

2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I did see that Leah tweeted about the commercial but I wonder if it only aired in certain markets. I live in GA and didn't see it.

I live in the Chicago burbs and don't recall seeing it. I recorded the game to capture commercials I may have missed, so I'll have to go through it tonight to see if they showed it here. Does anyone know about when it was on? First quarter, before the game, halftime, etc?

Edited by italianguy626
1 hour ago, Christi said:

Tommy recently broke his ankle filming a stunt for his latest movie.  Isnt he supposed to be immortal? Not able to be injured?

If little Tommy can cure cancer with his mind you would think a broken ankle wouldn’t take but a passing thought.  What’s wrong Tommy the CO$ magic not working for you? 

COS ran a commercial in the  Super Bowl.  It said, Google Scientology.  Stephan Colbert: To COS he said, that is not a good idea, have you googled Scientology?  It is like OJ Simpson saying, I am a famous football player, google me.  LOL!  

Edited by Wings
10 hours ago, Wings said:

COS ran a commercial in the  Super Bowl.  It said, Google Scientology.  Stephan Colbert: To COS he said, that is not a good idea, have you googled Scientology?  It is like OJ Simpson saying, I am a famous football player, google me.  LOL!  

Lmao!! This is hilarious!! 

What I find ironic is the Co$ members are not allowed to Google $cientology.

Edited by juliet73

I read Rob Lowe's first book and he bent over backwards to say nice things about every person he's ever met. But even he managed to hint that Tommy set himself apart and above others. And this was during The Outsiders which was way before he joined the cult. I'm not surprised the cult knew how to get and keep their claws into him. 

On 2/6/2018 at 6:59 AM, Wings said:

Top five recommended searches from Google when typing "Scientology is..."

1. is a cult
  2. is a scam
  3. israel
  4. is dying
  5. is bad
On 2/9/2018 at 5:27 PM, absnow54 said:

Isabella Cruise has a fashion line now called Bella Kidman Cruise, so I guess that relationship is finally improving. I think she married a non-Scieno, which might be helping to loosen her from the Church. 

I can only hope it works. I recall reading something about her not being as deep in scientology as she was. 

On 2/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, ramble said:

Kirstie Alley isn’t helping to clear the planet. She put out some negative energy with her  little slam on curling. (Though an Olympic curler had a good answer!) I think someone is in need of some auditing. 

I don’t think Kirstie is smart enough to understand curling. Sure I joke about a sport where you sweep LOL. But this past Olympics I watched and learned how the game actually works. It takes brains. So Kirstie has not chance to understand it. 

21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn't very familiar with this actor being a member of the COS.  It's unfortunate.  She was raised in it, but, she should be informed by now.  Based on her defense of the indefensible, I now find her irrelevant. 

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/05/erika-christensen-thinks-scientology-criticism-is-irrelevant/

I listened to the podcast (Armchair Expert with Dax Sheppard) and was pretty disappointed with the questions she was asked. He lobbed her a lot of softballs and didn't ask enough follow-up questions.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, RainbowBrite said:

I listened to the podcast (Armchair Expert with Dax Sheppard) and was pretty disappointed with the questions she was asked. He lobbed her a lot of softballs and didn't ask enough follow-up questions.

Were they pre-approved questions? Maybe, he was limited. Honestly, the nerve of her and others like Moss....it really annoys me. They are living their cushy lives, while children and some adults suffer from COS.  I get how they may just be too scared to break away, but, they don't have to verbally defend it.  But, Leah did that at one time.  She feels horrible about it now, but, she gets what those others are going through.  They may really believe the lies, but, IMO, enough has been made public now, that the lies are clear. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Were they pre-approved questions? Maybe, he was limited. Honestly, the nerve of her and others like Moss....it really annoys me. They are living their cushy lives, while children and some adults suffer from COS.  I get how they may just be too scared to break away, but, they don't have to verbally defend it.  But, Leah did that at one time.  She feels horrible about it now, but, she gets what those others are going through.  They may really believe the lies, but, IMO, enough has been made public now, that the lies are clear. 

He was patting himself of the back for "asking tough questions", so I'm not sure exactly how the interview was planned or perceived by Dax or by Erika. He would also say "well there are rumours of mistreatment, but look at the Catholic church - they're no better!". It really seemed like an insincere attempt to seem tough on the CO$ when really, he was accommodating and placating his friend.

Have y’all seen the ads for Cruise’s next Mission Impossible movie? Tiny Tom is beating up on Superman. I usually fast forward anything with Cruise in it but I like watching and laughing at the idea of wee Tommy actually hurting Henry Cavill. If you can believe PR people, Cruise is 5’7” and about 150 pounds. Cavill is 6’1” and 200 pounds. Plus he’s Superman. (Okay, I know he’s not actually.) Still it makes me laugh.