Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/26/2019 at 6:48 PM, seacliffsal said:

So my recent OK Magazine had a cover story that Tom Cruise and Elizabeth Moss are dating.

Oh that will go well, he's 20 years older than her.  😬

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, CrystalBlue said:

ITA.  As for NK, the only time she says anything relating to Co$ is when the whines that she's lost contact with her children.

I don't blame Nicole. As far as what has been made public she has not been declared an SP. I think she remains silent with the hope that her kids will one day reach out on their own and she knows this is only really a possibility if one of two things happen - 1) they split with the church (highly unlikely) or 2) she remains in good standing such that they will not jeopardize their position in the church. There is no upside for her in throwing down the gauntlet with respect to the church. 

I couldn't resist. Elizabeth Moss is a cult member, and she is on the show about a cult. This is a quote from an article about The Handmaid's Tale (emphasis added)

"Many of the show’s most visually striking moments focus on how, in the world of Gilead, the individual is simply less important than the group. Overhead shots of Handmaids walking two-by-two, whether to participate in some grand ceremony or to simply go shopping with their assigned partner, are oddly beautiful, serene. The Handmaids look like otherworldly creatures, like brightly colored birds, standing out against the backdrop of the rest of the world. Though they are routinely tortured, raped and forced into compliance, they spend much of their time tottering about the gorgeous homes of the commanders and their wives, each designed to look like an oddly violent and fascistic Williams-Sonoma catalogue with regal kitchens, spacious living rooms and elegant bedrooms, complete with grand marital beds where handmaids are ceremonially raped."

I wonder if EM can see the similarities, even the more subtle ones, between her character's life and her "religion". If she can't this is serious brainwashing. If she can, she is plainly an ass.

(edited)

My view is that Nicole Kidman keeps quiet about COS in the hopes that they will not go after her young girls.      I imagine she's fairly realistic about her children with TC, and knows that she's probably lost them for good, and will only have a real relationship if they leave COS.  

I really can't see Tommy getting serious about EM, she's just not glamorous enough for him, and is too set on her career to devote her entire attention to him.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really can't see Tommy getting serious about EM, she's just not glamorous enough for him, and is too set on her career to devote her entire attention to him.  

Tom is looking for a beard, not a real wife.

I can't get the link to work, but apparently Justin Bieber wants to fight Tom Cruise in a UFC fight.  ?????????  I'll try to get the link later.  Something is blocking it on my end right now.

6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I can't get the link to work, but apparently Justin Bieber wants to fight Tom Cruise in a UFC fight.  ?????????  I'll try to get the link later.  Something is blocking it on my end right now.

For those who don't "do" twitter, click on the date stamp to go directly to the tweet, and read the responses. 😂

Anyone see Kirstie Alley on To Tell the Truth?  She was showing her true, disgusting, colors. I can’t even figure out why she was on there. Anna Camp,has a new show coming up, Joel McHale was making the rounds as the new host of Card Sharks, Ron Funches- not sure exactly but he’s still acting so he seemed like a logical choice. KA- no clue. 

As Handmaid’s Tale gets progressively worse in quality, and continues to try to paint some of the show-cult’s architects in a sympathetic light, the more aggravated I get with Moss’s producer credit on the show. 

23 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Pretty juicy stuff . . . John Travolta trying to order his son Jett's "Thetan" to get back into his body in the ambulance after the boy died  from a seizure.  And the article opines that they had another baby so that Jett's "Thetan" would have a new body to live in.

No . . . nothing weird about this, folks.

(edited)
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Pretty juicy stuff . . . John Travolta trying to order his son Jett's "Thetan" to get back into his body in the ambulance after the boy died  from a seizure.  And the article opines that they had another baby so that Jett's "Thetan" would have a new body to live in.

No . . . nothing weird about this, folks.

12 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Wow, having a replacement child for the one who is gone. Poor kid. This is not love.

While I had wondered if that was the case when the baby was born. I didn't think that it that literally as they had a baby so Jett's "Thetan" would have a new body to live in. That's crazy. Poor kid.

Edited by andromeda331

I thought it was fishy they had Ben after so many years. I didn't think of Thetan belief but sadly not surprised reading about it now.

And Kirstie Alley punished for drinking with needing to beg 101 members "beneath" her for forgiveness. I don't feel sorry for her. How can anyone with access to the outside world think this is normal? 

Auditing........

Something I have never seen mentioned but if a famous person is encouraged or forced to reveal his/her deepest and darkest secrets through auditing CO$ has the perfect blackmail tool to keep that celebrity "in line" for ever more.  What macho star could survive having it "leaked" that he was a pedophile or some equally shameful info? Look at what being accused of rape ( 4 times, but still only "alleged") has done for DM's career. In this case CO$ didn't leak, but the damage is done.

Edited by Skycatcher
13 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Auditing........

Something I have never seen mentioned but if a famous person is encouraged or forced to reveal his/her deepest and darkest secrets through auditing CO$ has the perfect blackmail tool to keep that celebrity "in line" for ever more.  What macho star could survive having it "leaked" that he was a pedophile or some equally shameful info? Look at what being accused of rape ( 4 times, but still only "alleged") has done for DM's career. In this case CO$ didn't leak, but the damage is done.

There is huge speculation that this is exactly how they've kept John Travolta in their clutches for so long. . . not a pedophile or rapist, but . . . horror of horrors . . . that he is a closeted homosexual. 

Need a laugh? Watch the episode of South Park called "Trapped in the Closet." Co$ was NOT happy about this, for obvious reasons. Maybe hitting a little too close to home for them???? 😄

https://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s09e12-trapped-in-the-closet

48 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Auditing........

Similar to what that NXIVM cult did to people.  To prove their loyalty, they had to send nude photos, and give them information they wouldn't want to get out to the public.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, alexvillage said:

Wow, having a replacement child for the one who is gone. Poor kid. This is not love.

People in from all walks of life do that. Its sad. I kind of feel bad for Travolta as he was suffering the pain of losing a child. But that is the only spot of bad I feel for him. 

6 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

There is huge speculation that this is exactly how they've kept John Travolta in their clutches for so long. . . not a pedophile or rapist, but . . . horror of horrors . . . that he is a closeted homosexual. 

Need a laugh? Watch the episode of South Park called "Trapped in the Closet." Co$ was NOT happy about this, for obvious reasons. Maybe hitting a little too close to home for them???? 😄

I have always believed they had something on him. 

13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

People in from all walks of life do that. Its sad. I kind of feel bad for Travolta as he was suffering the pain of losing a child. But that is the only spot of bad I feel for him. 

I know people do that. The Travoltas went a step further though, with all the *Jett come back in this new body*. The kid is already born without a acknowledged individuality. He will probably struggle to find his own identity.

13 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Even if John Travolta wants to leave and don't care if his secrets are revealed, I believe he's afraid of losing his kids. His wife seems really insanely deep into it, even more than John.

so is his daughter and he seems very close to her.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, SailorGirl said:

When this episode was first scheduled to be aired, Tom Cruise shut it down in the US, but not in Canada, where it was aired several times a week, not just the first week, but for a long time afterwards.  It is one of my favourite episodes.

49 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When this episode was first scheduled to be aired, Tom Cruise shut it down in the US, but not in Canada, where it was aired several times a week, not just the first week, but for a long time afterwards.  It is one of my favourite episodes.

Mine too.  It's brilliant.

"We're not comin' out the closet, so you can just go away"

"But everyone wants you out the closet!"

"That doesn't matter, 'cause we're gonna stay."

AND THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN!!!

Edited by funky-rat
21 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Mine too.  It's brilliant.

"We're not comin' out the closet, so you can just go away"

"But everyone wants you out the closet!"

"That doesn't matter, 'cause we're gonna stay."

AND THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN!!!

I think the whole randomness of inserting R. Kelly into it is part of why it is so awesome. 

And this line: 

"Dad. . . Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet. . . "  

One of my favorite lines from any show ever, but it sucks when people don't know the context -- they just look at you like you're weird! 😄 

Edited by SailorGirl
On 8/28/2019 at 6:57 AM, libgirl2 said:

so is his daughter and he seems very close to her.

Saw them on a talk show, she seems very sheltered and immature for her age. I blame it on the crazies who raised her.

10 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Saw them on a talk show, she seems very sheltered and immature for her age. I blame it on the crazies who raised her.

A local radio station out here had interviewed him I think last week and they were gushing as to how nice he is. I remember Leah saying the same thing. 

1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

I think the whole randomness of inserting R. Kelly into it is part of why it is so awesome. 

And this line: 

"Dad. . . Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet. . . "  

One of my favorite lines from any show ever, but it sucks when people don't know the context -- they just look at you like you're weird! 😄 

Weird Al does a looooong parody of R Kelly's "Trapped In The Closet" called "Trapped In The Drive-Thru" and it's hilarous too.

Looks like Johnny Boy has made another STINKO film:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-fanatic-bombs-career-low-john-travolta-1235930?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Gee, you would have thought that Miss Cabbage would at least have commanded that all Scientologists so see Johnny's awful movie.

From the article:

the highest gross was $736 at the Arena Cinelounge in Hollywood.

I guess the "Celebrity Centre" had a field trip.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, galaxychaser said:

Anyone would marry a Scientologist? For $20 million would you marry Tom?

No way, no how. I can actually somewhat understand marrying for money but this isn't about money. Scientology is too creepy even for all the money in the world. You're giving up your mind, body, and freedom. I don't believe even celebrities are safe even if they may have a bit more privileges than the others.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:38 PM, galaxychaser said:

Anyone would marry a Scientologist? For $20 million would you marry Tom?

Scientology is a cult. Cults are abusive. Marrying someone solely for money shows a lack of character. Marry someone for money and knowing that the person is a top influencer in an abusive system sows that the person has abusive tendencies.

Obviously, this is a back and white answer but I am assuming the question is if someone would marry the Tom Cruise we know, knowing that he is part of the scientology we know. Then there is no nuance in the answer.

So I was in the Counting On/Duggar family forum on this site. Married Duggar daughter Jinger Vuolo was going to do a celebrity appearance at a fund raiser. It was being held at a Rebecca Minkoff store. Rebecca Minkoff is a very successful designer of expensive handbags... and a $cientologist. 

When I saw the name Minkoff, I wondered about her family, but could find nothing about her family other than her husband.  Another site I was on found to a blog post by Tony Ortega, who said she is the daughter of Dr. David Minkoff. Dr. David Minkoff is a doctor who is a well connected $cientologist.  He allegedly did shady things for scientology and that's why his license to practice medicine was revoked. Mike and Leah talked about him, particularly in the Lisa McPherson episode.

It's possible you guys already knew, but I thought I mention it here. I reread this thread to see if Rebecca Minkoff the designer was already being discussed. I miss this show and I hope more is exposed about $cientologist.