Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

So how would Scientology beliefs affect choices about cancer treatment? I know they don’t believe in using some drug treatments. Would cancer drugs be included in that?

I was wondering the same thing.  I remember the brouhaha years ago when Brooke Shields bravely revealed that she had suffered from post-partum depression in an effort to be an advocate for other women and shine light on the issue, and was slammed and shamed by Tom Cruise about her treatment including pharmaceuticals.  I don't know if it's a Co$ edict of all prescription medications or just TC's own belief that he felt he should enlighten the world with.

15 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

So how would Scientology beliefs affect choices about cancer treatment? I know they don’t believe in using some drug treatments. Would cancer drugs be included in that?

If she was a regular Co$ member she would definitely have undergone treatment. They push natural, holistic and vitamin therapies. As JT's wife, I'm hoping she got some sort of dispensation to see a doctor. 

This is the second time John has lost one of the loves of his life to breast cancer. I remember that he had been in a relationship with actress Diana Hyland--he was 23 and she was 41--and that she had died of cancer, which had a huge emotional impact on him. I just checked to see what kind of cancer she had and it was breast cancer. I also read that she died in his arms. 💔

On 7/15/2020 at 1:32 AM, Scout Finch said:

This is the second time John has lost one of the loves of his life to breast cancer. I remember that he had been in a relationship with actress Diana Hyland--he was 23 and she was 41--and that she had died of cancer, which had a huge emotional impact on him. I just checked to see what kind of cancer she had and it was breast cancer. I also read that she died in his arms. 💔

I remember that too.  JT joined Co$ in 1975 and Diana passed away in March 1977.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:35 AM, Skycatcher said:

Auditing........

Something I have never seen mentioned but if a famous person is encouraged or forced to reveal his/her deepest and darkest secrets through auditing CO$ has the perfect blackmail tool to keep that celebrity "in line" for ever more.  What macho star could survive having it "leaked" that he was a pedophile or some equally shameful info? Look at what being accused of rape ( 4 times, but still only "alleged") has done for DM's career. In this case CO$ didn't leak, but the damage is done.

One of the Scientology escapees told Leah that Miss Cabbage used to pour himself a scotch and watch Tom Cruise's auditing videotapes, and laugh and make fun of him.  And also said there was serious blackmail material in the audit charts on Travolta (who stated that he did not want t6o be audited in a room with video cameras).

Marisol Nichols Hunting Child Predators

I didn’t know she was a Scientologist, was surprised to read that in the article, also surprising is that she mentions getting slammed on social media about CO$ and human trafficking/sexual abuse/child abuse. I’ve often wondered what famous CO$ people know about what’s being said about them, since I thought they were supposed to avoid that stuff. Apparently they do know, they just don’t care. I’m conflicted because she’s doing good work, but still refuses to see what her own church is doing. 

Among the many controversies surrounding Scientology, the most complicated for Nichols are accusations of sexual abuse, including a recent lawsuit filed by a former member alleging child abuse, human trafficking, and forced labor. But Nichols remains a vocal defender of the church and an active member. She does not believe the allegations made against the church, saying they “have been completely fabricated.” 

“I get attacked for that all the time,” she says. “Whenever I post about my sex-trafficking work, [strangers on social media] go apeshit on me,” tweeting back with accusations of trafficking within Scientology. Nichols’s response: “You don’t have any idea what you are talking about. We’re not the church known for this sort of thing. Where’s the police charges? Where’s the evidence?”

Maybe if she watched Aftermath she’d see some of the evidence she’s not aware of. 

15 hours ago, summitsw said:

Marisol Nichols Hunting Child Predators

I didn’t know she was a Scientologist, was surprised to read that in the article, also surprising is that she mentions getting slammed on social media about CO$ and human trafficking/sexual abuse/child abuse. I’ve often wondered what famous CO$ people know about what’s being said about them, since I thought they were supposed to avoid that stuff. Apparently they do know, they just don’t care. I’m conflicted because she’s doing good work, but still refuses to see what her own church is doing. 

Among the many controversies surrounding Scientology, the most complicated for Nichols are accusations of sexual abuse, including a recent lawsuit filed by a former member alleging child abuse, human trafficking, and forced labor. But Nichols remains a vocal defender of the church and an active member. She does not believe the allegations made against the church, saying they “have been completely fabricated.” 

“I get attacked for that all the time,” she says. “Whenever I post about my sex-trafficking work, [strangers on social media] go apeshit on me,” tweeting back with accusations of trafficking within Scientology. Nichols’s response: “You don’t have any idea what you are talking about. We’re not the church known for this sort of thing. Where’s the police charges? Where’s the evidence?”

Maybe if she watched Aftermath she’d see some of the evidence she’s not aware of. 

It's called being brainwashed.

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

It's called being brainwashed.

Yeah, I get that. But other Scientologists who’ve gotten out can usually point to something that made them realise the church wasn’t what they thought it was and that when they looked deeper it all fell apart. If I was helping to track down sex traffickers and someone pointed out my church might also be guilty of similar crimes, I might be tempted to do a google search to see what’s up. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, summitsw said:

Yeah, I get that. But other Scientologists who’ve gotten out can usually point to something that made them realise the church wasn’t what they thought it was and that when they looked deeper it all fell apart. If I was helping to track down sex traffickers and someone pointed out my church might also be guilty of similar crimes, I might be tempted to do a google search to see what’s up. Just saying. 

She probably thinks that any accusations against Co$ is a lie and the accusers are Suppressive Persons.  I didn't say she's unaware of it.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, EVS said:

Leah had almost a whole chapter written about Tom Cruise that the publisher chose not to include in her book. Apparently they didn’t want the Tom Cruise stuff to overshadow everything else. There is an article on the underground bunker which talks about Tom Cruise and has excerpts from the unpublished chapter. 

https://tonyortega.org/2020/07/27/exclusive-the-real-tom-cruise-leah-remini-exposes-scientologys-biggest-asset/

I just now read this. Holy moly smoking butts what an I indictment of Little TC being the nasty piece of work we all knew he was. The fact that he had some of his CO$ lapdogs instruct women on how to please him sexually made me legitimately laugh out loud. I guess it’s beneath him to speak about his preferences to the women who he is cruising up on. Either that or he hasn’t cleared the words in the sex section of the CO$ big dictionary of dumbassery. Eww. Thinking of having Cruise cruise his little Tom foolery all up on someone is making me feel a bit nauseous.  

I’m sure many of y’all have heard that Little Tommy went on a rant and roll about peons on his 412th Mission Impossible movie not following COVID rules to his liking.  

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/17/listen-to-tom-cruise-rant-about-broken-covid-rules-full-audio/

IMO the best part of all this is a guy on YouTube I like breaking it down in his clinical way. He has a lovely dry wit. It’s worth a listen  

ETA: The YouTube screen grabbed a picture perfectly showing that freaky centered tooth on the CO$ prince-boy. Ugh. That thing freaks me out. How do you pay money to fix your teeth and get that? I wonder if some dentist or orthodontist has spent years in the hole scrubbing floors with a toothbrush as penance. 

Edited by ramble
8 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I'm just going to say I love Travolta as Santa with Samuel Jackson in that commercial. Travolta is the one Scientologist I'm willing to cut some slack.

Here's what Ron Miscavige says about the different reactions from John Travolta and Lisa Marie Presley (who quietly left Scientology in 2014) after he left/was disconnected in 2012:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1442491/john-travolta-abusive-scientology-practices-david-miscavige-dad/

There's also speculation on if the thing keeping him in Scientology might have been Kelly Preston and if he might possibly leave now that she's gone.  The flip side of that argument is when his son died over a decade ago, John managed to turn it around from Scientology's claims of being able to cure everything to praise of CoS for "helping him cope" with the death. So he could just be guided that way instead, once again.

Leah Remini talked more than once on the show (and I'm sure in her book as well) about the pressure she was under to bring her King of Queens costar Kevin James into the fold, and how when she didn't do it, they treated her as though she were failing. It makes me wonder about Elisabeth Moss's experience. If they were eager to get Kevin James, they must have been dying to get some of the people with whom she's costarred on the long-running shows The West Wing and Mad Men.

I think more than some celebrity members -- and especially more than some who are second-generation -- she sees which way the wind is blowing. When she got a question on a social-media platform about parallels between Scientology and The Handmaid's Tale, while she did pay some lip service to the party line (starting off with "That isn't true about Scientology"), she generally deflected. She didn't "confront" the way an Alley or an Elfman would have.

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
On 12/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, dmeets said:

Looks like Danny Masterson's gonna be A-OK. Turns out rape's just a "religious" "dispute" apparently. Not enough to bother the courts over.

It will boil down to the one accuser who wasn't a scientologist. 

Judge Steven Kleifield needs to be investigated. This stinks to high heaven. Having a cult "mediate" rape accusations? 

Someone needs to dig. If this wasn't the result of a payoff to the Judge, it was the result of a threat. 

The mediation by COS judges is only the civil portion, and for the ones who signed that contract with COS that all disputes between followers of L. Ron will be mediated through church authorities.   It does not interfere with the criminal trial, or affect the other civil suit by another victim. 

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Judge Steven Kleifield needs to be investigated. This stinks to high heaven. Having a cult "mediate" rape accusations? 

Someone needs to dig. If this wasn't the result of a payoff to the Judge, it was the result of a threat. 

I totally agree.  Either this judge is a member of Co$, or on their payroll.  Could be he was threated too, but high heaven is really stinky right about now.  I hope this shenanigan is overruled.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The mediation by COS judges is only the civil portion, and for the ones who signed that contract with COS that all disputes between followers of L. Ron will be mediated through church authorities.   It does not interfere with the criminal trial, or affect the other civil suit by another victim. 

Did another victim not sign the Co$ contract re arbitration?

The other victim isn't a COS member, so no contract.  

Since LAPD, and other law enforcement people have failed to investigate this case, and others over the years, I suspect there are a lot of ties to COS.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The other victim isn't a COS member, so no contract.  

Since LAPD, and other law enforcement people have failed to investigate this case, and others over the years, I suspect there are a lot of ties to COS.   

Yes, it is believed and alleged by many people of differing familiarity of Co$ that LAPD is in their pockets.  The "investigation" of Leah Remini's missing persons report of Shelly M. comes to mind.

Edited by CrystalBlue
Misspelled Shelly's first name. Oops.
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Tom is selling his house.

Is he going broke?

It's been a while since I've read anything new about this, but I think the rumor was that he's going to live 100% at his fancy new penthouse in Clearwater.

3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

It's been a while since I've read anything new about this, but I think the rumor was that he's going to live 100% at his fancy new penthouse in Clearwater.

Clearwater... where it can be ensured he encounters nobody but Scientologists (or more exactly, probably nobody but Sea Org slaves)? 

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I would be scared to meet Tom. I don’t think he is a nice person. 

They say he’s nice to fans so I’ll give him that. The scary comes in if they try to get any closer. That’s probably when the intense recruitment starts.

6 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I just read that Meghan Markle is going to join Scientology. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

I heard that but, it was from a comment on a YouTube. I don't know where that person heard it.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:14 AM, iwantcookies said:

I would be scared to meet Tom. I don’t think he is a nice person. 

Also fake. I mean this whole thing with him returning his Golden Globes "in protest" was nothing but a P. R. strategy.  Someone who's spent decades with his every need attended to by unpaid or badly paid workers (aka "slave labor") doesn't actually care about social issues. 

(edited)
13 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I just read that Meghan Markle is going to join Scientology. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

"Going to" is different from "they want to". Tommy Boy has allegedly been trying to get to her through Oprah. This article lays it out, but is skeptical:

https://www.gossipcop.com/tom-cruise-recruiting-meghan-markle-into-scientology/180333/

I can't say I get it (or totally believe this) given that Oprah is the one who had to deal with Tom bouncing like a crazy person on her show's couch.  You'd have thought that would have made her skeptical.  Then again, a good part of her career has been supporting quacks (Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, and others). 

Also, let's not forget that Harry and Meghan's entire emphasis on mental health through professional therapy is inimical to Scientology.  That would make them enemies more than anything else. 

Edited by Kromm
2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I thought it was difficult to just walk away. Is she too high profile to threaten?

I wondered that too. And if she left that long ago she could have spoken up as part of Aftermath, but I guess she didn’t want to draw fire her way? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also be interesting to see her thoughts on the Masterson case.  Don’t know why the press never asks these obvious questions. 

3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I thought it was difficult to just walk away. Is she too high profile to threaten?

I can't remember the term, but celebrities are essentially considered a different class in scientology compared to regular folks who are in the middle and sea org folks who are at the bottom. Most of the stories about torture, physical and psychological, are from sea org members. It's "easier" for celebrities to leave. Leah has talked about it a few times.

16 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

For Sea Org members, they will basically try to hunt you down and drag you back. Each person is free labor that keeps the machine running. They need those bodies to make the whole thing work.

For everyone else, leaving is "easy", but it comes with a complete loss of all friends and family. Scientologists are encouraged not to socialize with non-scientologists, so depending how deep you are in, it could result in losing your entire social circle, access to your family, and in some cases, loss of your job (if you work for or with other Co$ members). Even after leaving there is a fair amount of deprograming that needs to happen. None of that is easy, especially without a support group. Since Laura Preppon's husband was not a Co$ member, and it appears she was a "public" and not a Co$ member, it was probably easier for her than for most, but its still got to be difficult which might explain why she's been out for some time and has not been announced it.

For celebrities, the biggest risk is that you get seen as a risk at which point the "fair gaming" starts. That's the posting of the websites claiming that the person has committed horrible crimes, the PI's sent to follow and harass you, the letter writing campaigns to neighbors and employers threatening to "out" you for things like child abuse, sexual assault, theft, fraud, etc. This is when they pull out all the things you've confessed to during auditing and use it against you. 

Edited by Rlb8031

Have to agree with Leah on that one, but guess everyone has to make their own peace with their past. I certainly respect Leah and Mike and everyone who spoke out as part of Aftermath (or any of the other avenues) more than I do the Laura Prepon’s of the world. 

I still don’t get why the press don’t ask them more about this stuff though. 

Edited by summitsw

Whenever I see Tom I feel a little ill. He’s certainly very charming.  That’s how he gains friends and influences people. I wish things were different, because I think he’s a fine actor,  

17 hours ago, DXD526 said:

So true.  I think I will skip the new movie.  Top Gun was actually not one of my favorite Cruise movies, so I don’t feel I’m missing out.  And, I’m doing pretty well avoiding Elisabeth Moss projects too.  I admire her work and was a Mad Men fan, but I’ve never watched HandMaiden’s Tale.