Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: "Kody Takes Responsibility"

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

I couldn't pay attention to Kody's ramblings because I was too distracted by the cat litter box directly behind his head?? That's attractive to look at.  I was expecting the cat to take a dump behind him at any time.

I would love to see Kody get upstaged by kitty 'business'.

• Love 2

**** edited to say I found it, nothing to see here. ;) :)  I watched this live and DVRed The Walking Dead. Can somebody tell me if TWD did not have the Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat this week? nevermind

Edited by Armchair Critic
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Am I the only one that noticed Tony NOT look out for or assist Mykelti in ANY way during the hike??  Chivalry is dead 

That would explain the freaking HEAD INJURY she had! Jesus. With a bruise like that, she could have had a concussion, and that mush mouthed jackwad doesn't even help her on those rocky trails? Maybe Maddie and Caleb get so much more enthusiasm and slack because he WOULD help his fiancée and keep her from falling and hurting herself. Good god, Mykelti. Marrying Creepy Captain Subtitles is not worth the attention you crave and that you see your same age sister getting. 

And over on Twitter, ALL the adult Browns are bending over backwards praising Tony because the dude is taking a beating by fans. It's overcompensating at this point. 

Mariah. It's. Not. About. You. Entitled little snot. Yes, your mother did all those things you're whining about, and guess what? She got PUBLICLY humiliated, just like Douche said. God help me, he said something that I agree with. 

• Love 23

Robyn, suck it up Buttercup! Maddie's wedding isn't your chance to bitch and moan about how tiny the accommodations are. I have two brothers who both were linebackers on the school football team. When we were younger and they were in high school, they both regularly were sent to the sleeper sofa if we traveled or stayed at my grandparents'. Your boys are not nearly as big. Quit complaining. Not everyone gets their own private room if you are traveling not on TLC's dime.

• Love 13
Just now, Lita said:

What marriage vows is Meri "flagrantly breaking"?  She's divorced.

Seriously.  Meri would have never continued communication with Catfish if she were still married to Kody and retained her Wife #1 role.
She was sad and lonely.  The only person willing to be her friend was a nutcase.

• Love 10

Their "spiritual marriage" vows for the celestial planet. You do have a good point though. If she emotionally and truly considered the  divorce as a real divorce then she didn't break any vows. But if what she told us in season 3 was true that this is only a legal divorce for the sake of paperwork,  so Kody can adopt Robyn's  children, then one can assume that she did break those vows.

Of course, at the rate that these people lie it's so hard to keep anything straight. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

Meri had MARIAH meet the catfish in Disney. She had her daughter meet her lover. That is just beyond an oversight, beyond a mistake, its egregious. 

IIRC, Meri didn't actually plan to meet "Sam" there.  She mentioned she was going with her daughter/daughter's friends and "Sam" coincidentally was going with his foster kid (or whatever that one younger character was) --- and Catfish pushed herself into a meeting.  The Browns were trying to get "Sam" to invest in LIV so I'm sure others in the family (like Kody) told Meri to meet the guy.  Somewhere along the way, "Sam" couldn't make it and his assistant/surrogate mother figure went in his place.  Meri met that Catfish woman months earlier at a LIV scam event in Meri's McMansion and most likely had no qualms about saying hello.  This is the mother figure of the guy who wants to invest in LIV -- of course she is willing to get a soda with this woman.  At this point there was no romance.  Catfish gets sick and has Meri drive her back to hotel (Catfish is broke as fuck and ditched her previous victim to prey on Meri).  Catfish then wrote Meri the next day thanking her for taking care of whatshername (I forgot that character's name).  From there the "relationship" developed.  They were not lovers.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Lita said:

What marriage vows is Meri "flagrantly breaking"?  She's divorced.

13 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Seriously.  Meri would have never continued communication with Catfish if she were still married to Kody and retained her Wife #1 role.
She was sad and lonely.  The only person willing to be her friend was a nutcase.

I just find it so hard to buy the "lonely" thing. The whole benefit of being a polygamist is that you have all the sister wives who understand your struggles and are going to the same thing you are going through. So how can she be lonely in the middle of all that? It just seems very disingenuous  to everything that they've told us in the past five seasons. 

• Love 7

Did you listen to any of the voice mails and phone call recordings? Meri thought Sam was a real guy, flirted, shared lewd messages, sexting, and sexy voice mails. That crosses propriety on most relationships. Yes, this is a professional scam artist, but I agree with MARIAH, if Sam had turned out to be real, Meri would have ditched the family. And that is my whole problem with it.  Casting all the blame on the scam artist leaves no blame or accountability for Meri. Which means that she can find herself in another situation when she's going through a rocky period with Kody. 

Marriage is it full of ups and downs, peaks and valleys. But what ties it together is the commitment that you made for each other. Even though you're in the valley, that commitment should never waiver. 

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

MARIAH kept it real. Kody and Meri just want to sweep everything under the rug and pretend it never happened. That is so unrealistic and just full of lies. No one is holding Meri accountable for flagrantly breaking her wedding vows. If Sam was real, Meri would be gone. She is only still in the relationship because she has no other option. 

Kody is sticking his head in the sand. Pretending it never happened doesn't fix the situation. Talking about it honestly is the only thing that can fix it. That and time. 

Meri had MARIAH meet the catfish in Disney. She had her daughter meet her lover. That is just beyond an oversight, beyond a mistake, its egregious. 

Well, unless you're prophetic, you don't know for sure what Meri would have done.  In the meantime, since this isn't Minority Report, and you can't be accountable for pre-crime, Meri didn't flagrantly break her vows. 

I dont get how Mariah and occasional posters think Meri consummated her catfish relationship.  The man was a woman!  They were never alone!  Can't you virtually consummate these days.  Does Mariah know about the birds and the bees?

And I don't have a problem with what Meri has chosen to say about her catfish experience.   It seems pretty apparent that they decided as a group what would be admitted to.  

• Love 6

These 2 hour episodes need to stop. I didn't think the proposal was special but to each his own. I wouldn't want to be sweaty, stinky, hungry, hiking jog in the woods, wearing a pawn shop ring, but Mykelti seems really happy. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

Did you listen to any of the voice mails and phone call recordings? Meri thought Sam was a real guy, flirted, shared lewd messages, sexting, and sexy voice mails. That crosses propriety on most relationships. Yes, this is a professional scam artist, but I agree with MARIAH, if Sam had turned out to be real, Meri would have ditched the family. And that is my whole problem with it.  Casting all the blame on the scam artist leaves no blame or accountability for Meri. Which means that she can find herself in another situation when she's going through a rocky period with Kody. 

Marriage is it full of ups and downs, peaks and valleys. But what ties it together is the commitment that you made for each other. Even though you're in the valley, that commitment should never waiver. 

Unless your husband has three other wives, of course. 

• Love 8

Meri had a pretty intense, emotional affair with "Sam," and even though the relationship was never consummated, it was pretty intimate.  There are hundreds of raunchy pictures, texts, and voicemails to prove it. If Meri was my mother, I'm sure I could work on forgiving her, esp. since I get why it happened - the loneliness, the divorce, the fallacy of polygamy, etc...  But doesn't Meri have to tell the truth before she asks for forgiveness?  Isn't that a prerequisite?  

• Love 17

Was this a two hour repeat of last week? I feel like I've seen every scene at least 20 times. Why do they do that? You would think the crew putting this together would be soooooooooo bored with the same shit over and over and over and over.......

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I just find it so hard to buy the "lonely" thing. The whole benefit of being a polygamist is that you have all the sister wives who understand your struggles and are going to the same thing you are going through. So how can she be lonely in the middle of all that? It just seems very disingenuous  to everything that they've told us in the past five seasons. 

yeah, that is the slogan, but Meri never wanted it and is not suited for it.  She is still young enough that she could leave and rebuild her life...and I hope she does. 

6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Unless your husband has three other wives, of course

I want to up vote you 10 more times.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Meri had a pretty intense, emotional affair with "Sam," and even though the relationship was never consummated, it was pretty intimate.  There are hundreds of raunchy pictures, texts, and voicemails to prove it. If Meri was my mother, I'm sure I could work on forgiving her, esp. since I get why it happened - the loneliness, the divorce, the fallacy of polygamy, etc...  But doesn't Meri have to tell the truth before she asks for forgiveness?  Isn't that a prerequisite?  

I must be a total sap, because I wouldn't require  that of my mom if this had happened to her.  I would take her where she is, at the level she can discuss it.  I would carry on the conversation along the lines of, "ok mom, I realize that's how you see it (or are comfortable saying it, whatever), and I understand why you felt you needed attention from somebody, but let's talk about your needs and develop plans so this doesn't happen to you again."  Her being brutally honest with me - when I can clearly see the situation - is not necessary and is probably another indicator of her problems.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, answerphone said:

I keep wondering how much they'd have to pay me to publicly air my family's drama, disputes, blow ups, quirks, and so on.

Not sure how much they'd have to pay you - or me - but we know that TLC knows what the Browns' payoff price is.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

That would explain the freaking HEAD INJURY she had! Jesus. With a bruise like that, she could have had a concussion, and that mush mouthed jackwad doesn't even help her on those rocky trails? Maybe Maddie and Caleb get so much more enthusiasm and slack because he WOULD help his fiancée and keep her from falling and hurting herself. Good god, Mykelti. Marrying Creepy Captain Subtitles is not worth the attention you crave and that you see your same age sister getting. 

And over on Twitter, ALL the adult Browns are bending over backwards praising Tony because the dude is taking a beating by fans. It's overcompensating at this point. 

Mariah. It's. Not. About. You. Entitled little snot. Yes, your mother did all those things you're whining about, and guess what? She got PUBLICLY humiliated, just like Douche said. God help me, he said something that I agree with. 

Thank you!  I meant to mention the head injury.  I believe she said her legs and something else were jacked up too...   Creepy Captain Subtitles is the best post yet!

• Love 4

Meri and Janelle share a man's penis but get distraught about sitting next to each other. Weird. 

Janelle is starting to look like Jabba the Hut again. 

Mariah was right about Meri, but is still a narcissistic brat. Everything is about her. Meri is partly to blame because she did use Mariah as a confidant. 

Kody is utterly clueless. Why can he have a heart to heart talk with Mariah, but instead of talking with Mykelti he goes through her bafoon of a boyfriend?! 

I wish Mykelti and Tony would just get it on, instead of ruining their lives just because they are horny and want attention. 

Kody and Meri are about as connected as strangers. That hug and convo on the driveway was beyond awkward!!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Yes, Kody Meri had no targeted agenda. She was just making friends. Who hasn't sent their 'friends' suggestive banana eating pics? WHO HASN'T?!?! 

I almost spit tea across my keyboard...lol

• Love 5

Meri and Janelle share a man's penis but get distraught about sitting next to each other. Weird. 

How messed up is your relationship that you can't sit in a car and listen to an audio book together? If its really that bad, they've been deceiving us for years going on and on about the "sisterhood" and how great polygamy is. I do find it interesting that Christine and Robyn seem to be bonding.

Kody is utterly clueless. Why can he have a heart to heart talk with Mariah, but instead of talking with Mykelti he goes through her bafoon of a boyfriend?! 

I do not get the vibe that Kody and Mykelti have any kind of relationship. At all. There is no warmth or connection there, and I'm not sure I have ever heard him even refer to Mykelti in any way except a negative outside observer about how she's loud or immature. I get that same vibe with several of the kids, including Christine's only son. I also get that feeling with Janelle's second youngest daughter Savannah. I think Kody completely ignores and overlooks several of his biological children, which is even more horrible when you consider how much time he has spent on his stepchildren with Robyn. It makes a lot of sense when you look at how little time Logan spends with Kody and the comments Maddie made when she was leaving for college. Kody totally chooses favorites, and the others barely exist.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Well, unless you're prophetic, you don't know for sure what Meri would have done.  In the meantime, since this isn't Minority Report, and you can't be accountable for pre-crime, Meri didn't flagrantly break her vows. 

I dont get how Mariah and occasional posters think Meri consummated her catfish relationship.  The man was a woman!  They were never alone!  Can't you virtually consummate these days.  Does Mariah know about the birds and the bees?

Many people think that online affairs (where no actual sex happens) is still cheating. I know if my husband was receiving sexY pics from a woman and her banana, and mushy high school love letters, and on the phone all hours of the night - I'd consider that a betrayal of our vows. Even if I DIDN'T think Meri would have left the family for "Sam" (which I do), she still ALREADY did wrong. She was having an intimate relationship behind her partner's back. 

5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Kody would save money if he marries Nancy, moves her in with Meri, and gets free counseling sessions 24/7.  

Plot twist! Lord, make this happen. I want to see Nancy counseling the other wives on how to deal with her entrance to the family. 

• Love 16

I skipped through most of the hiking stuff.  Please......I'm glad Mykeltie was pleased with the proposal. I saw part of it and it was painful.  I suppose her expectations are low though.  I fear that she doesn't know, just how much she doesn't know about what is going to happen.  God bless her.

I admit that seasons ago, I thought that Janelle was my favorite sister wife.  (Man, that sounds odd. lol)  But, as she has opened up about her relationship ISSUES with Meri, it has really put her AND Meri in a poor light.  I would really be embarrassed to have such little initiative, control, and commitment to make things right within the family.  It's really disgraceful to continue in this weird place when there are children who look up to you.  They both appear so petty, unyielding and pathetic.  OF COURSE, things COULD be MUCH better if you WANTED them to be ladies.  You have to will yourself to do it and they refuse to do that.  Such self pride is so silly in light of all the other issues in their lives.  I don't want to hear them keep saying, "That's just not were we are now in our relationship."  I wish they would just either make amends or shut up.  Enough of your whining.  

Mariah normally annoys me with her whining and entitlement, but, she does have a point about Meri. I get it.  Still, I wish she would just say how many years Meri gets punished, sentence her and let her do her time.  Then she can move on.

I've noticed that this family has this notion that because they feel a certain way, that the feeling is out of their control. They have to sit and wait for it to change and go away. So often they say that, "That's just not where we are yet."  They don't get that they have the control to be wherever they want to be with.   Maybe, that's why they need Nancy so much.  lol 

• Love 12

I'll set aside Mariah on this one, because I've dealt with a mother who repeatedly behaved like a public jackass even as I warned her about the consequences (which, of course, added more fuel to her self-imposed martyrdom). I get the brat reads and won't argue. She's given us plenty of evidence of that over the years. But hers isn't the side that chafes for me.

Speaking as someone whose husband was caught sexting a woman who "fell in love" with him, I can confirm that some of us experience that as a very distinct betrayal - physical contact or not. Returning to some semblance of trust hasn't happened overnight. Still a work in progress. Had my spouse pulled the "suck it up, get over it, move on" that Meri was spouting, we would no longer be married. 

• Love 21

A therapist I saw many years ago taught me to follow the adage, "Feelings follow actions."

Maybe if these people ACTED like they could get along, their feelings would follow.  If Meri ACTED like she was sorry, her feelings would follow.  If Mariah ACTED like she has forgiven Meri, she could actually forgive her.  If Kody ACTED like he had a grain of sense . . . Oh, never mind.  The adage is not a miracle cure for stupidity.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I must be a total sap, because I wouldn't require  that of my mom if this had happened to her.  I would take her where she is, at the level she can discuss it.  I would carry on the conversation along the lines of, "ok mom, I realize that's how you see it (or are comfortable saying it, whatever), and I understand why you felt you needed attention from somebody, but let's talk about your needs and develop plans so this doesn't happen to you again."  Her being brutally honest with me - when I can clearly see the situation - is not necessary and is probably another indicator of her problems.  

I see your point, but meri is the mom.  Meri using Mariah as her bff is part of the problem.  Meri needs to be the grownup and act like it.  This conversation would be appropriate with her husband, if she had a real one.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Am I the only one that noticed Tony NOT look out for or assist Mykelti in ANY way during the hike??  Chivalry is dead 

*see below*

12 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Tony and Mykelti's engagement segment is dragging! If they cut out a good chunk of that, we probably could have had a half hour show. And why weren't they holding hands during part of that hike? I understand that there were moments they couldn't, but there were times they could. That's just me, though.

At the beginning she said "you can hold my hand if you want" and he actually said "nah, that's ok"   I was hardly paying attention at that point and i'm like uhhh WHAT? this guy just declined in hand holding???? 

9 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I sort of get it.. she has said previously that now that Mariah is gone she no longer has kids in the house whereas all the other wives do so she's not really included much anymore because she does have a kid.  Of course she could probably include herself but I could see where that might get old and she might just feel like she's in the way.  She used to have some great relationships with the other kids but I think most of them are older now and with Mariah being in college she probably doesn't have the same connection with the younger ones. 

2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I agree - I thought Mariah was coming off as a total brat.  If your mom most likely would have left if Sam was a real guy, then maybe you should take a closer look into your parent's relationship as to WHY she would have left.  I liked that Kody said he had a part in what Meri did and Mariah didn't even believe him.  She blames Meri 100%.  And she's throwing a hissy fit over her parents almost splitting up for good. I don't know what it feels like to have parents near divorce - and maybe the actual legal divorce has rubbed Mariah the wrong way - but she's an adult and she needs to suck it up and stop being a a-hole to her mom. 

• Love 3

On the fence about Mariah and Meri. It's been a while since the scandal came to light-- when will Mariah be ready to talk to Meri about it ? If you let things fester for too long, sometimes it becomes even harder to bring it up again. From what I could tell by the the timing, hasn't it been months and months? Meri does need to be honest with Mariah without going into too much detail, that would be inappropriate ( which is what happened in the first place). And Kody was right ( gasp!) -- Mariah needs to show more kindness and empathy to her mother. Parents are human, they make mistakes, sometimes they will screw up royally. And one day, Mariah, in all probability, you will too.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Adiba said:

On the fence about Mariah and Meri. It's been a while since the scandal came to light-- when will Mariah be ready to talk to Meri about it ?

When Meri stops lying about it? 

• Love 17

I was watching Sisterwives in the background while I was watching the Magnificent Century (about a sultan and his harem in the 16th century) on Netflix on my laptop.   With the backstabbing, double talking, conniving, and actual dislike of your sister wife (or in the movie case, the other wife in the harem),  the shows started to blend into each other.  Until I heard Christine's comments about the chaste bridal showers.

This just goes to show you.  You cannot have more than one spouse.  It just doesn't work.  

Also, Kody - just shut up about the chaste courtships.  Please do not tell me you were not taking Sobyn to pound town when you were "dating" her.  If you just shut your pie hole and provided a box of condoms, then they wouldn't be in a hurry to marry.  Mykelti would eventually tire of Tony and get on with her schooling.

• Love 14

Meri cannot talk to Mariah, however. She said Mariah shuts her out. Meri does need to be honest without sharing too much with her daughter. However, I don't believe Meri has to shout it to the mountaintops ( or say it on the show) first. They need to have an honest, private conversation. Mariah needs to explain her feelings to her mother, too--Meri needs to hear it so that they can move on, eventually.

• Love 6

I thought all you need to put on the invitation is that it's a HOUSEHOLD shower.  That's what most of the those that I get say.  So, I know what to bring. Plus they say where they are registered and those items can be given at the shower, in addition to the wedding.

I have received a few that said lingerie shower for the bride and her close friends.  Mom, mother-in-laws, etc. don't attend this type.  

• Love 7

Hi all.  Long time lurker here.  Just had to sign in to say that I was surprised how snippy Meri got when they were all sitting on the couch discussing the engagement and Christine said that they had only been dating like 6 months, and Meri said, well, Kody proposed to me after two months.  And no one responded or acknowledged her statement!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And that poem. Mylanta. How exactly DOES a majestic dove travel the world? Then he says, "All this could be yours"...and I couldn't help thinking, "For the low low price of $19.99". It wasn't a marriage proposal. It was an infommercial. I hope Mykelti gets a Chillow and a Shamwow thrown in. 

Mylanta ! Love it !

As a few other posters have commented, I also think FT is a bonafide seeking famewhore.  His comments are also strange and dopey.

I still think there is something dark and very inappropriate in his background. I think his conversion to Mormonism stems from thinking he will get instant respect and be the boss who rules in this marriage.   I would go as far as to suspect future abuse.  He is that creepy to me.   I doubt we will ever see his family.

Also, he needs to get rid of that clicking tick when he talks.

Mylanta....I hope she wakes up and ends it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

There was a brief pic posted where Meri carved the name SAM into her flesh. Trying to recall if it was her arm or leg, but she scratched blood. That's emotional cray. 

I'm absolutely not a Meri apologist, but I never thought that was Meri's arm, I assumed Sam/Jackie did that herself and claimed it was Meri's. 

Edited by Janc
  • Love 8