Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Homewrecker

Following the murder of the owner of the building in which Lux is located, Lucifer and Chloe search for the killer, while Lucifer also deals with the fact that the new owner wants to evict him and demolish the place. Lucifer goes to great lengths to protect his home, and is entirely shocked when Chloe is supportive of him. Meanwhile, Maze and Amenadiel follow Charlotte around, as she comes up with a plan to upset Lucifer enough to want to leave earth and go back to Heaven.

"Like the DMV with less screaming"

"A stick so far up his ass he can see it when he yawns"

Some very good lines in this one. :-)

I'm really not feeling Ella.

Lucifer said "prohibition" and i said, "historical protection."

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, janeta said:

I'm really not feeling Ella.

I'm waiting for her to be revealed as the Angel of Death.

Spoiler

An entity of death as a perky brunette might be a nice nod to the source material.

Did not need to see Dan and Mom, but Maze and Amenadude's reactions were well worth it. Actually, D.B. Woodside in general seemed to be having an absolute blast this episode.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 6
  • Maze and Amenadude were hysterical together.  She was having way too much fun with Amenadiel's discomfort.
  • Did not see it coming when Dan showed up for dinner with Charlotte.  I think my face might have mirrored Maze's.
  • That was very nice of Chloe to come through for Lucifer the way she did in getting Lux declared a historic location.
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

Ugh, Mom needs to die, ASAP! What a bitch.

Is next week a new one? Was there a preview? Will Maze save Chloe?

Yes, a new episode next week.  And yes, Mom is relentless in her scheming to get Lucifer to come back with her.

• Love 1

Okay, I'm bored with sexyhot Mom already - I surfed my tablet whilst watching.  Cannot believe that.  No WAY Dan drops trous at her beckoning, please show?  Just ewww. Scene was good because of Amenadiel's selfie, lol. But just...do not like that woman/actress. 

And it's interesting how the case always manages to be about something he's dealing with.....even if he had no real *aha* about true love and sacrifice.

Dr. Linda is maybe MVP...but so it Maze!

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 1

The mom story line is really bad. She isn't even a very interesting villain.  Does she need Lucifer to get back into heaven or does she just want things her way? I hope this is a one season role because her stint on this show can't end soon enough.

I figured on historical landmark when Lucifer started talking about the tunnels and the history. 

Other than the ridiculous mom scheming, the rest of the episode was pretty good. 

• Love 11

I'm thiiiis close to actually believing what Mom is saying about wanting all her family back in the Silver City, but its difficult to buy into when she goes and plans on blowing a woman up just because she has an attachment to her son.  I can believe she wants to go back to Heaven with her children, but wants to kill or depose God - the ex - once back there.  Seeing her true colors with all these plans and actions.

Lucifer/Chloe romantically may not be the preferred relationship route, but at this point, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't turn into that before its all said and done.  The last few episodes have been very anvilicious from that standpoint.

The Mom & Dan stuff was mostly uncomfortable to watch, but the reactions of Amenadiel & Maze were a treat.

I wouldn't be against more TV time for Dr Linda.  What with stuff like strongly saying "I am not sharing what we talk about in our sessions with you." to the Goddess of All Creation.  Its a highlight in any episode.

Sharing the guilt and going to jail for murder as a not-yet-newlywed-couple just because of true love.  Yeah.  Only on scripted formats like TV and the movies.

• Love 8

Maze and dude was the real high light of the episode.

I don't care for the Mom stuff but it's not really the actress fault even if she is not memorable in the role. The storyline is just so weak since the start of the season it is the only that boring.

It could have been interesting (she is a goddess) but it is just a silly parallel for family dysfunction. Boring!

Loved everything else!  The strength of the show is the dynamic between the character and chemistry between the actors .

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GaT said:

I loved it when Lucifer started to sign the guy's cast, but when are we going to get some more Lucifer/Trixie interaction?

The show obviously couldn't show us too much and it might just be my twisted imagination filling in the blanks here but at first I thought Luci was drawing a heart on the cast... and as he continued drawing the heart started to look like a hairy nutsack. So very Lucifer!

Is this show still filming in Vancouver? In the first season there were a few odds and ends that were definitely north of the 49th parallel but this season I haven't seen much of anything (aside from one unusually dense forest) to suggest they're filming in Hollywood north.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It was a lovely moment when Chloe gave the papers about Lux to Lucifer. He looked so deeply and sincerely moved. He was as happy as he was disappointed earlier, when he thought she was siding the police. Show, not tell. Dr.Linda might have spelled it out, but those moments (among many others before) gave it a resonance.

Chloe was for me at her best through the whole episode. It was great to see what a good friend she is to Lucifer, to see her dance and relax, and also I laughed at the "Britneys" jokes. L.German is great imo with deadpan humor and I'm glad that the show exploits it more.

It's obvious to me that Lucifer and Chloe have a deep connection, and I think the actors have chemistry. So, since it's the direction the show seems to be taking, I won't mind it at all if the relationship goes romantic . I think I will like it if mutual respect/trust and the partnership dimension don't disappear out of the blue. What I don't want is a long, endless, tiring will they-won't they and Lucifer not showing for dinner looks a lot like the beginning of one. I'm so annoyed that every single show goes this way. Come on, Lucifer, avoid the cliché once more!

I wonder if Charlotte is going to be 100% Big Bad. She shows no respect for human life, but again she doesn't consider human beings as people. With Amenadiel mentioning his own mistakes, it made me wonder if Lucifer's POV on human beings was very different from Mom's, when he left hell.

In this respect, I found her hookup interesting. Dan was touching when he apologized for ruining their date and I wonder if Mom was touched but has yet no other way of expressing this kind of emotion but through sex (it seems to be Charlotte's mode of communication with her husband). I  couldn't help but feel a kind of Cordelia/Alex vibe, if that makes sense.

Of course, I guess that if she ever attacks Trixie [insert the usual "where is Trixie/I missed Trixie" here] the writing will be on the wall. But for the first time, I thought of a way she could be redeemable.  And I like Tricia Helfer in the role, a lot (I never realized how tall she was!).

Loved Dr.Linda refusing to share her sessions with Lucifer, in spite of being star struck. She had no idea of Mom's nefarious intentions so I can't say she dropped the idiot ball here, of course, but I facepalmed. Well, it was a question of time anyway.

Maze and Amenadiel are a riot. I don't like will they-won't they, but their cat and mouse here is fun. I thought they were going to kiss at one point. But Amenadude, if you don't side with bro and bae against Mom, this viewer won't be pleased with you! And your bae will probably kick your ass, not in the way you'd like.

Chloe might want to stay clear of cars whenever she has a Celestial being after her.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, FinnishViewer said:

How tall is Tricia Helfer? Rachel Harris looked tiny standing next to her.

To me that was the single best thing in an already very good episode. Go back and watch the scene in the nightclub where Dr. Linda is talking to Mom. Notice the camera angles. Every time Dr. Linda says something the camera is looking up (way, way up) to Mom, then when Mom says something to Dr. Linda the camera is looking down (way, way down) to Dr. Linda. I was laughing my ass off.

I really give the director credit. Something so small (no pun intended) but such solid gold.

• Love 13

Just to point out, Lucifer wasn't signing, he was drawing a dick with hairy balls... at least this is what it looks like to me.
About mother, don't forget, for her humans don't matter more than a pet or even less. For her the death of a human doesn't matter.

• Love 5

Amenadiel is still living in the fake office from last season? Why else would he and Maze have still been there. He needs to run into Linda now that she knows! Isn't he right next door? I absolutely loved Linda shutting Mom down.

Amenadiel's reaction to Mom/Dan was a blast. I loved it as much as Maze. I even... feel a bit sorry for Dan, if he ever finds out what really happened (I say "if" because they'd have to get him to believe she's really their mom and all the supernatural) he may never try to date again. Maze, please don't share this info with your bestie Trixie!  I'm more frustrated than Maze is though at how Amenadiel and Luci aren't seeing Mom as a bigger threat. They weren't mad at her enough last week for intentionally wanting people to kill each other and now she said right to Amenadiel's face that she was mad all the people were in Lux because that would make the bomb maker punk out she would be fine with him killing people if he'd been willing too. It's not that supernatural creatures don't belong on Earth, she does not. Given the statements early in the season she's hated humanity since it's creation, it's not because she's "new" on Earth, this is a problem for her and I don't see it going away if she gets to go home especially if she gets there only to see God's so invested in it, feels left out still, and tries to destroy it yet again.

I like Lucifer and Chloe's friendship. I get it from Luci's POV after being in Hell forever and the the type of person Chloe is isn't the type to be partying at Lux, Lucifer probably has encountered very few people like her. And I'm sure Chloe's come across some interesting people growing up with her mom as a B-list (D-list actor?) and being a cop but still no one like Lucifer. The will they/won't they thing doesn't work for me though because I have zero interest in them getting together or Luci in a romantic relationship in general with anyone at this point. Is it me or are they really making him "straighter" this season? Last season he clearly preferred women but also seemed like he's very much down for whoever, and I even thought it was suppose to at first be implied Luci may have slept with the original building owner in the beginning to get Lux, then they made some pointed line about the lease being written in lipstick and thongs.

Lucifer and the cast, I'm going to have to rewatch and rewind exactly what it was. I knew he was drawing something. It's funny Stephen Colbert was playing around with "at what point will drawing a cannon, which looks like a penis, will make CBS censor it?"{they did censor the top part btw, if it's not really part of the joke to intentionally censor for the joke} and it's not the first time he's played around with that sort of thing, I got the distinct impression whatever Luci was doing couldn't really be shown but they tried. 

They just did it a "Chloe in danger" ending cliff hanger 3 (?) episodes ago. Too soon for another. Just have a cartoon anvil (or piano may be more appropriate for this show) follow her around if this is going to be a new regular thing.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

I am convinced that Mom is only out for revenge. I don't believe for a moment she wanted to be sent to Hell to protect Lucifer or she just want to have her family back together. She wants to get to the Silver City to show Dad that Amenadiel has fallen, Uriel has been killed by his own brother, and then she will destroy Lucifer to pay both Luci and Dad back for all the punishment they inflicted on her. She plans for Dad to be so devastated by what has happened to his beloved children that she can overcome him, take control of the Silver City and wreck havoc on Dad's favorites, including humanity. Mom is the true Devil in this universe.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Is it me or are they really making him "straighter" this season? Last season he clearly preferred women but also seemed like he's very much down for whoever, and I even thought it was suppose to at first be implied Luci may have slept with the original building owner in the beginning to get Lux, then they made some pointed line about the lease being written in lipstick and thongs.

I don't think it's just you. In the first season he was gleefully talking about Devil's threeways and put off that security guard who confessed wanting him because he was busy at the moment, not because he never does that sort of thing.

• Love 10

No one wants to be responsible for a four-toed Brittany!!

I didn't realize how happy I would be that Dr. Linda knows about the celestial, until this episode.  Her ability to actually assist Lucifer in his journey now that she knows is so good.  And, although I'm a little bored that the direction of the journey seems awfully Chloe-centric, I'm not giving up hope that the concept of "love" here or "finding" will be a larger lesson than purely romantic love. 

From my view, the thing Luci started drawing on the cast was a heart, but certainly became something else.

I'm okay with the re-endangering of Chloe, mostly because I'm ready for Amenadude and Luci and Maze to all be on the same page w/r/t Mom.  If it takes this step for the three of them to join up in a plan, that's fine.  I do like Tricia Helfer in the role, but I'm getting a little antsy for the play-out. 

LG did a great job tonight, conveying the balance of having fun/supporting Luci and being a dedicated cop.  Please writers, allow this lovely actress the ability to be this good all of the time.

• Love 8

Another good episode - after a disastrously slow start to the season, things have really hit a good groove. But I too find the whole mother story without any merit. It's a waste of a good actress.

I do find it interesting, in these times of resurgent vicious sexism, that the male embodiment of all that is evil is treated as a lovable scamp, while the mother goddess is portrayed as the ultimate evil. Pop art can't help but reflect the times in which it's made.

• Love 6

To be fair, Lucifer has a lot of Daddy issues too, not just evil Mommy issues.  It's just that Dad stays in the background and lets Mom and the other kids do his dirty work of getting Lucifer back to Hell.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Gummo said:

I do find it interesting, in these times of resurgent vicious sexism, that the male embodiment of all that is evil is treated as a lovable scamp, while the mother goddess is portrayed as the ultimate evil. Pop art can't help but reflect the times in which it's made.

I'll note that Mazikeen seems to be supported by the show and pretty popular with viewers despite being ruthlessly blunt and enthusiastic about torture. I wouldn't attribute the portrayal of Helfer's character to a screed against all Womanhood.

I do have to wonder about the legality of a same day eviction notice. While it might be possible for a new owner to order a nightclub shut down immediately over licensing issues, wouldn't he have had to give Lucifer at least 30 days notice to vacate the premesis?

• Love 6

Sharing the guilt and going to jail for murder as a not-yet-newlywed-couple just because of true love.  Yeah.  Only on scripted formats like TV and the movies.

True. Usually both confess to try to set up reasonable doubt for both - how can you convict "A" if "B" confessed and vice versa. Which is why prosecutors, if they know that will be the defense, will seek to have separate trials. Both might actually get convicted because they both made statements admitting their guilt.

I do have to wonder about the legality of a same day eviction notice. While it might be possible for a new owner to order a nightclub shut down immediately over licensing issues, wouldn't he have had to give Lucifer at least 30 days notice to vacate the premesis?

Pretty much. At least I assume California would have liberal laws to stop fast evictions. Thirty days at least, with the possibility of various stays of eviction orders.

It was great that Chloe was able to get Lux declared a historical site, and I also realized she would do it as soon as Luci started going through the history, but, boy must she have a whole lot of juice to get that through whatever agency in 24 hours. It can take years in New York City to get that done.

Once again, Maze and Amendude rule! So much fun. And, the Dr. Linda - Mom convo with the camera angles overemphasizing the "slight" height difference between the two actresses. Awesome. As was Dr. Linda shutting down Mom on revealing information about Luci's sessions.

While I enjoyed seeing Chloe (literally) letting her hair down and enjoying the party at Lux, it still gave us one more hint or anvil that the show is moving towards the two getting together. That's disappointing, but unfortunately not unexpected.

• Love 4

I admittedly know nothing about real life eviction laws but the show seemed to be implying that the lease wasn't actually valid and therefore Lucifer was actually a squatter on the property which is why it was a police matter rather an eviction court matter.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, izabella said:

It's just that Dad stays in the background and lets Mom and the other kids do his dirty work of getting Lucifer back to Hell.

There's also the fact that Dad is essentially god and therefore it is highly unlikely the show will make him evil.  And as Bruinsfan said, Maze rocks! I think it's more that this all comes from source material in which out lead is the "bad boy" and being the lead can't be pure evil, and Dad by virtue of basically being god can't be evil, or good for that matter. God, being all powerful, has to be neutral to have a story, otherwise one wave of his hand could destroy all the evil and there would be no story.

I'm more annoyed by mom being "hot" than mom being evil and a female. It could have been fun to see an adorable Betty White type old lady wreaking pure evil havoc on the world than a sexy vixen type. But what do I know. I wanted Trixie to be the super special human immune to Lucifer and thereby intreaguing to him rather than yet another "hot" female. (for the record, not anti-hot women, I LOVE Maze and she is by far the hottest of them all).

I like that Chloe's character is loosening up but why does it have to be romantic? I might have enjoyed the dancing scene more if I wasn't nursing a colossal headache from the romance anvil that just dropped on my head.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

You are right. Even if the property owner considered Lucifer to be a squatter, after being in residence for so long, Lucifer couldn't be removed without court action  https://www.landlordology.com/how-to-get-rid-of-squatters/:

Pay attention to this case, particularly if you live in the California:

Two brothers, using Airbnb, rented a Palm Springs vacation condo for six weeks. Once they were in, they texted the owner that they would not be leaving after the six weeks because they legally had the right to stay.

And sure enough, California does a have a law stating that people who live on a property longer than 30 days are tenants. Unfortunately, as liberal as California is, it’s not the only state with this law.

The owner in this case could not kick out her squatters after the six-week period. She hired a lawyer to evict them, a time-consuming and costly endeavor that landlords typically want to avoid like the plague. To add insult to injury, many rogue tenants decide to trash the place before departing as one last sign of disrespect.

29 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

Usually both confess to try to set up reasonable doubt for both - how can you convict "A" if "B" confessed and vice versa. Which is why prosecutors, if they know that will be the defense, will seek to have separate trials. Both might actually get convicted because they both made statements admitting their guilt.

But each can testify as to their own, sole guilt at the other one's trial, raising a reasonable doubt in the jury's mind as to which one committed the crime. Or, the juries could decide that they had colluded on the crime and the defense, and convict them at their separate trials.  Or, one jury could find reasonable doubt, and the other could convict.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't think it's just you. In the first season he was gleefully talking about Devil's threeways and put off that security guard who confessed wanting him because he was busy at the moment, not because he never does that sort of thing.

I always got the impression that Lucifer was only into women.  Personally, I think being bisexual would be a better fit for the character.

The case of the week didn't do much for me but the Dan/Lucifer's mom reveal was great.  The only sad part is that Dan will never get to rub it in Lucifer's face that he banged his mom.  OTOH, Dan's brain would probably break if he realized he had sex with God's ex-wife.  Speaking of the Goddess, she doesn't seem to have a connection with humanity so does that mean she played no part in our creation?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

How tall is Tricia Helfer? Rachel Harris looked tiny standing next to her.

We're talking 5'11" vs 5'1" so it's a significant height difference even without useful camera angles. I also don't remember what shoes Dr. Linda was wearing, but if flats vs super high heels, there easily could've been more than a genuine foot difference between them.

2 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

I admittedly know nothing about real life eviction laws but the show seemed to be implying that the lease wasn't actually valid and therefore Lucifer was actually a squatter on the property which is why it was a police matter rather an eviction court matter.

Squatters are often even more difficult to remove. But the timeline of everything in this episode made no sense. You can't give him the boot that quickly and you can't become a historic place that quickly (even if it were a "favor").  We have to pretend a lot more time passed for both of those things to happen.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 4

How can squatters be more difficult to remove?  Is this a city thing?  If you are trespassing on someone else's property, the police can arrest you right there can't they?  If not makes no sense to me but then again many laws we have don't.

Looks like in CA, squatters have to be in possession of the property for over 5 years before they can claim any rights.  Not sure how long Lux has been open but probably at least that long.

Maze and Amenadude are an absolute riot! I could watch them run around LA trying to be sneaky all day long. They're such a great odd coupe pairing. Their reactions to Dan and Mom kissing was great. Maze was utterly gleeful, I love it. 

Poor Dan. I hope he dosnt end up being a pawn in moms game. I warmed up to him a lot the last few episodes, and I dont want to see him get screwed over or killed. 

I am seeing a lot more Six in Mom lately. At least the "what is this thing you humans call love?" stuff. She is clearly not on the same playing field as the rest of us. Like, she just does not understand morality at all. Kill a person who your son likes so he will come closer to you? Totally logical! 

Man, please dont let Chloe and Lucifer become a couple! I just do not see romantic chemistry between them. At all. Friend chemistry? Sure. But not romantic. 

Pretty good episode, and I love that Dr. Linda is in the know now. She is an awesome therapist. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

We're talking 5'11" vs 5'1" so it's a significant height difference even without useful camera angles. I also don't remember what shoes Dr. Linda was wearing, but if flats vs super high heels, there easily could've been more than a genuine foot difference between them.

There a really BIG natural height difference between those two. 

Anyone notice Lucy getting out the large pocket flask on the tour bus?  Has he gotten out the flask before in broad daylight?

Love how everyone on this show but Dan Chloe drink all the live long day!  We need more of that on tv.   I bet the doctor hitting booze hard also  

Love maze rubbing it in that Dan banging mom. As they both drink there dinner!!

Is dan a closest stud?  He also the same height as mom in real life.

Is mom only going to beat up low life in this tv show?

Love how Chloe surpise us all with the police and in the eviction notice.  Love how this show makes a character do things at random action inside of the normal actions. Just like in real life.   

Does anyone else think that Chloe does NOT believe that woman is Lucy mom??

Who was Chloe texting at the restaurant?  Dan?  

Edited by gwhh
10 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

Who was Chloe texting at the restaurant?  Dan? 

It looked to me that she was texting Lucifer asking where he is.

Her last text was that she was leaving the restaurant.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gwhh said:

Does anyone else think that Chloe does NOT believe that woman is Lucy mom??

Does Chloe even know that Charlotte is Lucifer's mom?

15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I like that Chloe's character is loosening up but why does it have to be romantic? I might have enjoyed the dancing scene more if I wasn't nursing a colossal headache from the romance anvil that just dropped on my head.

Agreed! I don't understand why they're forcing the issue. Although, maybe I do, considering that the conversation between Dr Linda and Lucifer seemed to imply that Lucifer came to LA looking for love. Or maybe I misinterpreted it, however, since he stood Chloe up it seemed like they were talking about love and not his home.

Personally, I find that a bit a far-fetched. Maybe he was looking for someone who loved him because he felt neglected and I'm sure he was looking for a home. Still, it felt very simplified especially since Lucifer is/was also running from something - his previous life. I don't think he was looking for someone to be in love with because wouldn't that mean he had to understand humanity and the concept of being in love?

One thing that I wondered about, however, is if Lucifer is making himself vulnerable when he's around Chloe. Dr Linda said that she believes that he's afraid what Chloe might think once she knows the real Lucifer. Considering that they had humans go insane once they had proof of humanity and Amenadiel repeatedly warned Lucifer about humans knowing about divinity, I think Lucifer didn't need a subconscious reason. I think having the desire not to risk Chloe going insane would have been enough and now, after he's seen Dr Linda's reaction, it's understandable if he doesn't want to risk Chloe's friendship. However, going with the Lucifer doesn't want Chloe to know because he's afraid how she'll react maybe that's why he's vulnerable around her. Maybe it's his psyche/subconscious and it has nothing to do with Chloe herself.

20 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder if mom can't get back to the Silver city unless she brings Luci with her?

Interesting thought.

I'm still wondering how Mom got out of Hell and if Dad might have let her out. Maybe she struck a deal with him to "restore order" and now she's using her new-found freedom for a different agenda? Or maybe Dad let her out because he knew she'd have this agenda and he knew Lucifer and Mom would eventually reunite and he hopes that they'll all end up where they're supposed to be in the end?

23 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Is this show still filming in Vancouver? In the first season there were a few odds and ends that were definitely north of the 49th parallel but this season I haven't seen much of anything (aside from one unusually dense forest) to suggest they're filming in Hollywood north.

I'm pretty sure it is.

Edited by CheshireCat

I'm still wondering how Mom got out of Hell and if Dad might have let her out. Maybe she struck a deal with him to "restore order" and now she's using her new-found freedom for a different agenda? Or maybe Dad let her out because he knew she'd have this agenda and he knew Lucifer and Mom would eventually reunite and he hopes that they'll all end up where they're supposed to be in the end?

I think this comes back to Lucifer's rant a few episodes ago where he questioned if anyone knows categorically what Dad wants or are people just assuming what Dad wants.

• Love 2

Really liked Monday's ep though I agree that ending on the "Chloe in Danger!" note is getting old. 

What I'm hoping is that, despite anvilicious themes to the contrary, Luci's interest in and need for Chloe is not romantic in nature but rather the need to be connected, to trust, to depend upon another being fully.  Lu's been on his own for eons- to break down his defenses, allow himself to be vulnerable (which he is physically vulnerable with only Chloe still, right?) and accept connection with someone is a need he can't yet bring himself to accept. I can sympathize with the character's reaction to stand Chloe up- it's awfully scary to allow yourself to be in a position to be rejected when you want to be accepted so much.

Maybe tPtB think the only sell-able deep human connection on tv (that isn't genetic) between two leads has to at one point or another be romantic? Unless it's a buddy cop show? 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Gummo said:

Another good episode - after a disastrously slow start to the season, things have really hit a good groove. But I too find the whole mother story without any merit. It's a waste of a good actress.

How can the devil be evil if his job is to punish the wicked? Is the prison guard evil for jailing convicted offenders?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, maczero said:

I always got the impression that Lucifer was only into women.  Personally, I think being bisexual would be a better fit for the character.

I mean we have on screen evidence that he's not opposed to men considering he slept with one last season.   And I got the impression that the only reason he didn't sleep with the guard last season was because he was busy with the case, not because he was disinterested.   So I guess is a ymmv kind of thing. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

I mean we have on screen evidence that he's not opposed to men considering he slept with one last season.   And I got the impression that the only reason he didn't sleep with the guard last season was because he was busy with the case, not because he was disinterested.   So I guess is a ymmv kind of thing. 

I remember that scene with the guard and I got the impression that Lucifer wasn't interested.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Man, please dont let Chloe and Lucifer become a couple! I just do not see romantic chemistry between them. At all. Friend chemistry? Sure. But not romantic. 

This! My overly creative mind is hoping that when Lucifer asked Dad to protect Chloe at the end of S1, Dad took it to mean protecting her from the devil as well.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

How can the devil be evil if his job is to punish the wicked? Is the prison guard evil for jailing convicted offenders?

I suppose it depends on which mythology you're analyzing: any number of various versions of the bible, vs the comic, vs this show, vs lots and lots of literature. I'm not saying this  show even necessarily follows the devil=evil premise, but:

1) A lot of humans assume that is part of the character just by his being "the devil"

2) in many versions of the devil, he's not just punishing the wicked; he also wants more wicked to punish and encourages them to do things that will get them sent to hell. So to use your analogy, if the prison guard goes around convincing people to commit crimes, so that he'd have more prisoners to jail, yeah that would be evil?

But so far the Lucifer on this show...I don't know if he's necessarily encouraging the evil. Also depends on how you define evil. He's totally into drugs. He drinks too much. He doesn't mind throwing people through walls. Some would say that's bad, whether or not he's encouraging others to do so. That might make him bad independent of the "job to punish". But maybe not "go to hell" bad. On the flipside part of his deal seems to be he always tells the truth, and some might argue perpetual liars are more evil than drugged up, drunk, sex fiends any day. Plus both in show and other texts, there's the whole "led the rebellion" thing that got him his gig to begin with. So that alone might=evil, which would mean it's not so much he's evil because he's the jailer, but that he was forced to be the jailer after having proven himself evil.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, hoopznyo said:

This! My overly creative mind is hoping that when Lucifer asked Dad to protect Chloe at the end of S1, Dad took it to mean protecting her from the devil as well.

That could really take an interesting turn. I mean, what is Lucifer's end game? He likes staying on Earth with the humans. Does he want to become one? Does he want to be mortal? How, exactly, would he go about that?

I mean, if things stay as they are and he falls in love with a human, Chloe, he will have to watch her grow old and die while he stays young and gorgeous. Then what? Find someone else and do it all again, for eternity?

I'm curious if they have an idea of what the characters ultimate goal is. He wants to stay here, but is that really so practical now that he's making friends? Linda, Dan, Chloe, eventually even Trixie, they are all going to die on him. It's just really impractical for an immortal to fall in love with a mortal. Sure, if you're a vampire you can conveniently turn your lover but can an angel do that? God I hope not!  It's kind of interesting when put that way though, until they get to the soapy Twilight moment where he gives up his angelic status for love. *BLECH* Please show, do NOT go there.

• Love 2

Again,  your mileage may vary,  but I was of the thought that he was flattered but was preoccupied,  not even with the case but that was when he trying very hard to get Chloe to sleep with him,  that was the whole plot of the episode actually.  

In addition Tom Ellis has given several interviews about how it's not just women he sleeps with and how Lucifer was very into sex with both men and women because it was more about the act of sex and pleasure itself.   Perhaps the writers are changing that but it was at one point a thing. 

• Love 5