Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E05: Idol Search Party

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Yay David!  If I were CeCe, I wouldn't have given up the idol search so quickly.  Unless she's fine being voted out, but I'd be nervous if my name kept popping up at every TC I've been to.

Of course the two lovers are kept together.  I hope Jessica telling Ken about her legacy wasn't foreshadowing.  Adam could easily flip and side with those two to vote out Jessica or Taylor.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

If CeCe can make it to the merge, she'll probably be a goat until the final 3.  She sucks at challenges, so she's not going to be a threat.

ETA: Okay, maybe it's finally CeCe's swan song.  Kind of worried about Michelle.  David might want to play his idol.  He and CeCe could make it interesting with the vote, if Chris follows through on wanting to get David out and he/Zeke/Michelle vote for him.  This is one of the more interesting lead ups to a TC so far (though I'm betting on CeCe).

Edited by LadyChatts

I think Sunday was the only one this episode who didn't get a confessional. This doesn't bode well for her chances to win.

I'm fully expecting Jay to be blindsided sooner rather than later, as he had the infamous "we have the numbers. See you later, minority tribe!" quote. It's a shame, as I think he was playing a good social game from what I could see, pre-swap.

I really wanted to like Figgy, but unless things were edited in, her hair flipping and smirking turned me off. At least she seems to have a brain in there, unlike Taylor.

Have we ever had this many people who were this poor in challenges, especially on the same tribe?

I actually like Chris overall, but I'm not quite buying that Dave betrayed him twice. Other than the Lucy blindside, when were Dave and Chris ever supposed to be voting along the same lines?

I'm loving Michaela.

I didn't notice until tonight how much I think Michelle looks like Parvati, especially while looking down at the ground.

I had a sneaking suspicion that CeCe wasn't going to be much more than a bump on a log, so I can't say I'm heartbroken to see her go home.

• Love 11

I think CeCe's going to be the one going home. I thought Zeke and David would be the bromance but here it's Chris and Zeke. Zeke looked so much younger when he expressed his awe of Chris - his hero! I could see the generational difference then.

I wonder if Michaela's talking head about not giving up, to keep pushing, then later her crying is a winner's edit. I'd be happy to see her win.

After reading on the Survivor prototypes thread (fox, ox, bear, bunny etc.), now I'm trying to typecast people.  (Cece, I think you are still on the bottom.) Is Chris being a fox (in more ways than one)?

NO David, don't give away another idol!!!!!! Keep one for yourself!! He really ought to vote out Chris, though. (Chris what a lie! You aren't interested in a strong bond with David and CeCe.)

They finally got her out after trying for weeks.

• Love 5

David is gonna be so hard to flush. Even if he's without an idol, he seems to be the sort that goes far into the game. I'm cool with that, since I probably have more in common with him than the others. That said, I was laughing so hard watching him flounder at the challenge. It did look like he was throwing it.

I'm not a fan of the three tribe twist. Why punish six random players? And, natch, Tayls and Figgy Pudding are still together. That would be more annoying if I was more invested in this season. BTW, when's TAR coming back?

• Love 10

My guess is Chris probably thinks David owes him something for going after Rachel the first vote over David.  We didn't really see a ton of dynamics at play that first vote, but that would be my guess (also didn't David promise him and Bret he'd tell them if he found the idol?) 

Michaela is queen.  I don't think the tribe swap benefited the GenXers very much, but considering it was a 3 tribe swap, that was bound to work out for the Millennials.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jay get blindsided for that quote alone, but I do hope it comes back to bite him and his tribe.  Though considering this season is pro-millennial it'll probably work out in Jay's. 

• Love 5

I am very pleasantly surprised that MIchelle survived that vote.  She still remains in a pretty precarious position on that tribe but I do like her attitude of not sitting by and letting others decide her fate.

• Love 10

I love Mikaela!  I hope she wins.  Saying she wanted to flip off Probst sealed it.  Since that made it into the show she is probably doomed and Peachy will dance on her corpse, but that was great.

I liked CC.  They should have booted Michelle, but I understand the challenge angle.  Michelle is smart.  A good gamer, a good schmoozer and she has a lot of allies.

But they don't know what we know so I don't want to judge too much.  I like David too and think he navigated that pretty well.

I'm happy they swapped the tribes,  not that it helped the Xers much, for now.

• Love 12

Well, it was obvious that Cece was gone as soon as she said she knew she was safe because they had the numbers.  But that tribe (or maybe the editors) worked very hard to over-think and complicate everything.

Ken's got a new little buddy in Adam.   

Michaela wanted to flip off Jeff but had the self-control not to.  She is better than I am.   

I didn't notice until tonight how much I think Michelle looks like Parvati,

Oh, I think you're right.  She kept reminding me of someone, but I couldn't quite think of whom.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I am very pleasantly surprised that MIchelle survived that vote.  She still remains in a pretty precarious position on that tribe but I do like her attitude of not sitting by and letting others decide her fate.

I was actually expecting a blindside, and her to be on the receiving end.  She's going to bring more to this game than CeCe (I hope), so I'm glad she survived.

• Love 1

Another minority woman voted out. Is this a trend, by accident or design? Nah! She did do bad in the challenge but she was in the majority, right? I'm hpjust glad David didn't use his HII. Now, that would have been really, really dumb. 

• Love 1

Michaela continues to rock and the only one I'm still rooting for at the moment. Got fire started and won the IC for her tribe.

It was about time for CeCe to go. She's always costing the team valuable time when it comes to challenges of any kind. IDK what she was talking about in the credits saying she strategized when mostly she's been on the outs and it's some scenes the editors edited out. 

I see why David didn't play the idol for CeCe though because he would have to search for another idol cause his tribe wouldd be gunning for him.

Taylor is an annoying asshat rolled up in a dumbass.

• Love 16

Well, that was certainly interesting. First of all Michaela rules. I would be happy to see her win. And so awesome for David to find a second idol right away, ha ha. I bet no one else will be seriously thinking that would have happened. I was just about to jump off the couch and start screaming when he was talking about giving his idol to CC however... NOOO!!! Thank god he thought it through.  I know he's a little weasel but I can't help but like the guy.  More so than anyone else he is definitely on to Michelle, who certainly showed her snake-like colors in trying to get CC to vote out David - I can't fault her for this, however - I would have tried my best to break up the three original tribe members too. Very astute of her to realize she was beating a dead horse and would be better off to trust a potential new alliance, although now she's got David gunning for her.  And I'm happy that Jessica and Ken made up, I actually do like them both. I hope they get on board with Adam to vote off the projectile-vomit inducing "FigTayls". (Uuurggh... feel like throwing up already...)

• Love 9

Wow. Love michaela. She gets The job done without fussing or showing off, holds her thoughts close, and thinks before she acts. A rarity in survivor. 

I think Adam Will team up with Ken and Jessica and hopefully, vote off Figgie and Taylor!  They are insufferable. 

I see zeke joining with Chris and David and getting rid of Michelle,  but I'm not as hopeful on that one. Something about Michelle rubs me the wrong way, and I'm afraid she'll be around for a while. 

And yet again, hitting over the head with "milennials are dreamers, gen x are hopeless stick in the muds who work hard." STOP IT, SHOW!!

• Love 17

It makes me think producers are telling the cast to talk about the difference between gen-x and millenials which is just pointless because everyone is different young and old. Some young people think like older people and vice versa. We know Probst is gonna milk this damn theme to death.

• Love 10

I think Ceci is a nice person, but she was absolutely useless in this game.  She was terrible in challenges and despite her assertion that she strategised, I never saw it.  She basically let Ken and Dave make the moves to save the three of them.  It was the right call of her tribe to send her home.  

As soon as I saw David and Ceci together on that tribe and I saw the water, I knew they would lose.  Neither of them can swim at all, as we saw in earlier challenges.  

I don't think Taylor understands the meaning of "power couple".  Power couple means a couple who is controlling the game.  Rob and Ambuh were a power couple.  Taylor and "Figs" have done zip.

I get that Zeke thought he was on the bottom, but saying he was going to ally with Chris for the seemingly sole reason that Chris played on the Oklahoma football team is a ridiculous reason.  It's like saying "I'm going to ally with her because I think she is hot and I love hot people".

• Love 10

Glad that Michelle, only person I am convinced is smart, survived that vote.  The smartest person/prettiest combo (I think Amanda in China is the only one?  And that says something about how terrible that cast was.) is pretty rare with Survivor casts so that's cool.

There are other people I like, notably Zeke and Michaela but their strategy has not been noteworthy to this point.  I like them and hope they do cool things though.

I don't think there's a Gen X person I like.  I would be trying to get rid of David so fast.  He's unpredictable, paranoid, not great with people, a complete non-asset in challenges, and wants to be in control.  And he sucks in camp.  Ugh.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I get that Zeke thought he was on the bottom, but saying he was going to ally with Chris for the seemingly sole reason that Chris played on the Oklahoma football team is a ridiculous reason.  It's like saying "I'm going to ally with her because I think she is hot and I love hot people".

I admit, I totally got where Zeke was coming from on that one. If I went on Survivor and a former Kentucky basketball player, especially one from one of our national championship teams, was in the game and wanted to work with me, I know I probably wouldn't be able to resist that pull. Basketball is everything here, like I suspect football is everything in Oklahoma, so I was nodding along when Zeke was talking about playing with one of his childhood heroes. It's not rational and might not end up being a good move for his game (I hope it is, I like him), but I completely understood it. 

• Love 10

Wow, Jessica, you tell KEN about the legacy idol, and not David?  Wow. And good for David, finding the idol.

Yay, Ken and Adam, my favorites, are bonding.

So I guess there are three idols now.

Jeez, Zeke, fanboying will get you nowhere,.

"So we wake up this morning, we don't have a fire yet."  So why didn't you make one last night?

And Jeez, Michaela, suck it up!

Man, Brett and David are stupid to get rid of CeCe when they're in the majority.  I think Brett just likes Zeke's fanboying.

Who cares what the reason is?!  Zeke was on the bottom.  You grasp at any reason to ally with someone.  It was great Survivor play.  To me.  He just sat there and someone wanted to ally with him so he was like OK.  LOL.  Smart move to me.

Anyways, besides Michaela, I found this episode really, really boring.  I could barely pay attention.  I didn't know David (?) found a second (?) idol (?)  that's great.  Good for him!  Maybe I should rewatch it tomorrow.  I don't know, I really wasn't feeling this episode.  A bunch of people flailing in the water.  Ho-hum.

Edited by GenL
Removed judgmental comments towards another poster.
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LanceM said:

I was super worried for her. I really liked how she made a point of getting to know people, asking the new tribemates about their hometowns. Smart young woman. But I was terrified that Zeke would get to stay only because of the football team he likes, and the Gen-X would stick together. 

Apparently no grudges were held about last week. Dave is even more useless than CeCe in challenges, so he could just as easily gone home if a grudge was being held. At least she was struggling with the surf. He lost them huge amounts of time because he couldn't hold onto the ball on a platform. Ugh. I have a strong feeling that he was kept because our football boys think women are less valuable by default. 

Adam? Shut the fuck up. Figgy lies? On Survivor? What a terrible human being. Seriously, fuck that guy. I have thought he was a petty whiner since he and Zeke didn't get their way the first vote. He showed it again tonight. Even assholes can have moms who get cancer. Seriously dislike that jerk. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShadowSixx said:

It makes me think producers are telling the cast to talk about the difference between gen-x and millenials which is just pointless because everyone is different young and old. Some young people think like older people and vice versa. We know Probst is gonna milk this damn theme to death.

He already has.  This season has had a few good moments, but so far, it's been pretty boring, and the cast unlikable.  Hopefully the millennials get taken down a peg.  Tonight especially, the idol search was made a big deal-but it lasted what, 3 minutes?  And Sunday and CeCe gave up looking. 

I don't know if GenX is really that boring and useless, or if they are just trying to make the millennials look good.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

When Figgy was flipping her hair and Taylor was telling her how hot she was, I desperately hoped that Jeff would suddenly pull up in his "emergencies only" boat and be like, "Nope. Get the fuck out of here, both of you."

Best post of the night!

50 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

David is a little weasel, but he is amusing to me, so glad he is still on the show. He reminds me a bit of Tai, but he tries hard to be a player, not a victim, so I enjoy him.

But Michaela...her saying that no one in her family had been able to hold onto success, was such a raw, insightful comment...and then watching her make fire, and nail the challenge...I want to see her go far. Really, that's a Survivor.

I concur with you about David.  Tonight he was killing me with his chess moves but it worked out for him.  He is, at the moment, my 2nd favorite.

Michaela is my 1st favorite.  She is just girl power personified.

36 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't understand why they would plant a new idol for the Gen-Xers to find when they knew they were going to split them into 3 tribes.

Now I am no expert but from what I have gathered the idol usually returns to the same beach from which it came.

4 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Have we ever had this many people who were this poor in challenges, especially on the same tribe?

I don't think so but I am enjoying it in a perverse way.  Why go on Survivor if you can't swim?  The girl who had to hold her nose to jump in the water - You Missy Lou are no swimmer.

• Love 10

Nobody else finding these HIs suspicious? I mean these are the most obvious idols ever and the guy benefiting from them, Dave, has connections in the industry. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere there's a Survivor producer who has a connection to Dave through some other show they've worked on together. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2

I would like someone to explain what's so likable about David.  Because right now, I'm not seeing it for the reasons that one of the saner heads here has pointed out -- he's not good at challenges, terrible with every person with whom he deals but Ken, and does very little around camp.  Again, I.  Just.  Don't.  See.  It.  And even worse, I feel like the editors are trying to force me to like him, and that tends to turn me in the exact opposite direction.

I honestly feel sorry for those of you who do like and enjoy him.  He's obviously not gonna win with his edit (those who get the weasel edits never do), so why invest that much in him?

• Love 3

OMG my heart was pounding so hard.  I was certain my girl was going home.  Thank God David is still a moron!  And Chris was pissed enough to make a move!  You guys would have seen a pretty petulant KimberStormer post about how I don't care about anything anymore on this dumb season, etc.

When I saw the swapped tribes I thought, "Wow the millenials got totally screwed".  But then I thought Ta Keo would, via Angkor, have equalized the numbers at the merge, so obviously I am no oracle when it comes to swaps.  But my reasoning was: Orange Team, obviously, the millenials are down numbers, and David has the idol (how I groaned when he found it), even if Chris wants to make a move and get him out.  Purple Team, clearly this is the perfect moment for Adam to get rid of his arch-nemeses Faylor.  And Green Team, where they could take out Gen-Xers, was super-strong and unlikely to lose.

Taylor is obviously a humongous dumdum but I still don't see anything to hate about him.  He's thinking with his hormones, which are leading him in completely the opposite direction from what would be smart -- Taylor, being put together with Figgy and Adam is like the worst possible result for you, my man.  But heck, I understand it; I certainly have done the exact opposite of what is smart in my life, wafting on some pheromone trail of "you look like bad news, I gotta have you" as a different Taylor once sang.  And Survivor Taylor obviously means nobody any harm and doesn't, so far as I can see, have a mean bone in his body.  It's not like we've had a string of wonderful casts of lovely people lately and he is bringing things down.  We've had Dan, Will, Rodney, Jason, and Scot, and God knows what other horrors; comparatively Taylor is a saint.  I don't have any problem with Figgy either, though I am less surprised when people hate young pretty women for no reason, this world being what it is.  She also was foolish not to want to get split up, and fooling herself if she thought she could fool anyone about her and Taylor, but at least she had the sense to realize it wasn't such a great idea to be openly canoodling.

Michaela is still awesome though I don't know if it's necessarily Survivor awesome?  I mean she wears her heart on her sleeve so completely.  I would love it if she won, though, if only because it would break my heart to see her lose.  She wants it so badly.  She's amaaaazing in challenges.  Go Michaela go!

Michelle on the other hand could be Survivor awesome, though I was quite surprised at her total fail at the challenge.  I like that she tried to get her own thing going rather than trust Dave's extremely fishy "NO PROBLEM GUYS YOU'RE NOT GOING HOME!!1!"  I like that she saw there was no point with CeCe and didn't push it anymore.  I like that she tried to bond with people, though it sort of backfired in that it brought Zeke and Chris together instead.  I would say it wasn't enough, except I'm a bit mystified at the anti-David attack at tribal, since she and David voted together.  David and Chris came to her saying "no matter what anyone says at tribal, CeCe is going", was that reciprocal?  Was that an agreed-upon misdirection?  The other thing I like about Michelle is her hand-holding at tribal, which is just some sort of girl-magic human thing to me that I love to see.  Yes, with Figgy too.

What else?  Zeke did the right thing with that connection to Chris -- any connection is something to milk on Survivor -- though it also seems to be totally sincere.  Bret was surprisingly useless this episode.  I personally didn't think Jay's talking head was anything like the classic kiss of death, just part of his good cheer and optimism which is clearly winning him pals in the game -- the context was, "it's OK we have to start over, I'm going to work hard to build a shelter, we can handle whatever comes our way, even tribal", not "bwahaha I control it all!"  I guess I should have known CeCe was going when suddenly she existed, but she seemed much more comfortable in this episode, like she was finally getting the hang of living on the island.  (Cue someone saying 'never get comfortable' but I don't mean in the game, exactly.)

It's strange to write so much about what was a mysteriously boring episode (if I hadn't been so terrified to lose Michelle it would have been quite a snooze for a swap episode) but I had all this excess energy to get out of my system, forgive me.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Michel said:

I would like someone to explain what's so likable about David.  Because right now, I'm not seeing it for the reasons that one of the saner heads here has pointed out -- he's not good at challenges, terrible with every person with whom he deals but Ken, and does very little around camp.  Again, I.  Just.  Don't.  See.  It.  And even worse, I feel like the editors are trying to force me to like him, and that tends to turn me in the exact opposite direction.

I honestly feel sorry for those of you who do like and enjoy him.  He's obviously not gonna win with his edit (those who get the weasel edits never do), so why invest that much in him?

I'll give it a shot: I like David because he reminds me of me.  He's out of his element (well, he may be playing that up a tad to his tribemates, but assuming he's not...)  But he's trying.  He did start fire for his tribe.  He may not be good in challenges, but I appreciate him trying to network in the game, and making moves (hey, not everyone can be Joe or Ozzy and win team challenges solo).  It's an agree to disagree whether his move saving Jessica was a good one or not, but I'm glad he took the chance and possibly opened another avenue for himself.  Not saving Jessica, he risked getting picked off.  And though I can't remember a recent season that didn't have a tribe swap, whose to say they wouldn't throw that curve ball in there?  So I was glad to see him trying.  I believe he's probably more in tune with what's going on around him, and thinking ten steps ahead of where he's at, looking at all possibilities.  Obviously that part is speculation.  I think, too, he's aligned with my fave Ken, now he's hopefully got Jessica on his side from GenX.  Chris and Bret seemed quick to dismiss him, and assumed he was just going to be some goat that they'd be able to lead around and use for a vote, and who wouldn't dare vote against them or their alliance.  You don't gotta feel sorry for me liking him ;)  To each their own.  I don't think he will win, but it's still really early.  Frankly, I don't really see a winning contender quite yet anyway.  I feel like I have more reasons why people won't win this time around.  That's why I'm hoping this season starts getting better.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, loki567 said:

Nobody else finding these HIs suspicious? I mean these are the most obvious idols ever and the guy benefiting from them, Dave, has connections in the industry. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere there's a Survivor producer who has a connection to Dave through some other show they've worked on together. 

So it's a conspiracy for David to get the idols?  It was pre-arranged through channels?  Why?  What does that benefit the show?  

17 minutes ago, Michel said:

You feel sorry for people who enjoy a player you don't?  That's so sweet of you.  But maybe the people who enjoy the show more than you don't really need sympathy.  It's not exactly a competition, the viewing experience, I mean.  

I like David.  He's funny and smart and good at finding idols and shaking things up.  I have no idea who does or does not help out around camp.  I like Ken, too.   

And while I admire Michaela's athleticism, her bitchiness the first week is something I'm probably not going to forget.  And her saying they did the tribe swap all wrong... WTF?   What part of random does she not get?  

I have no issue with Taylor or Figgie, either.  I agreed with Taylor that what's the use of trying to hide a romance, since they're no more devoted to each other than any other tight alliance of two, and many of them should have one of those by now.  If anything the 'out' couple is less of a threat because their alliance isn't secret, assuming they even have one.  Not all canoodling couples do.  

Edited by Guest
44 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

So it's a conspiracy for David to get the idols?  It was pre-arranged through channels?  Why?  What does that benefit the show?  

It's not so much if it benefits the show but Dave has connections in the entertainment industry. It's possible that he has friends in Survivor's production. So it could be a friend doing another friend a favor.

And considering Dave has been the biggest character and narrator through the first five episodes, along with making the biggest move of the season so far, there's a very clear benefit for production to have Dave stick around. 

I just find it very suspicious that now instead of rooting around in trees, we now have idols left out in the open with almost literal bullseyes painted on them. Really? Dave was the only one to notice those both times? 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1

As for the HII finds-well, I've always called BS on that.  Whether it's a producer pet finding them, or someone who has the clue and they just want them to find it, I'm sure it's very a much a game of hot-and-cold behind the scenes.  David finding both of them?  Maybe he had a nudge, but I was hoping he, Jessica, or Ken would find it over the others.

Edited by GenL
deleted quoted post
  • Love 1

Interesting vote, in no small part because it impacts how the other tribes will operate.  Sunday and Bret may feel they're doubly screwed now that the Gen-Xers are still getting picked off, even on the tribe where they had a majority.  On nu-Takali, Adam may feel even more inspired to turn on FigTails (ugh) if he sees it at the only way to halt the momentum of the Millennial tribe that had him on the bottom.

I guess if you're David and you see the Chris/Michelle/Zeke dominoes all aligning against CC, it's not worth it at this point to burn *another* idol to save someone.  If he saves CC, then it's at best a tiebreaker scenario in a next vote, and I'm sure David doesn't want to draw rocks or do a firemaking challenge against anyone (and he can't assume he'll find another HII again).  If Chris/Michelle/Zeke end up targeting David next time, he knows he'll have idol protection and can control who goes home.

Not sure I follow Jessica's logic in telling Ken about the legacy.  If I was Ken, I'd be like, "wait, so you'll give me an advantage if you're voted out?  Sweet!  Guess I know who I'm targeting next."

So am I to presume that there's also a hidden idol on the green tribe's beach?  Adam has the one from old Vanua and David has the replaced one from old Takali, so logically there should be one more in play with a third tribe in the mix.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

Glad that Michelle, only person I am convinced is smart, survived that vote.  The smartest person/prettiest combo (I think Amanda in China is the only one?  And that says something about how terrible that cast was.) is pretty rare with Survivor casts so that's cool.

Huh, I thought Amanda was gorgeous (and smart, as you say), but I'm not seeing it with Michelle.  She knows how to work her cool bohemian style enough that she can sometimes get a kind of "jolie-laide" thing going if you squint and look from the right angle, I guess.

I don't have much to say about this episode, even though I enjoyed it just fine, except that I don't think this is rigged any more than the election is, and I liked the challenge design.  They've had some good ones this year.

8 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I think Sunday was the only one this episode who didn't get a confessional. This doesn't bode well for her chances to win.

Wrong.  Neither Hannah nor Will got a single confessional, either.

Speaking of Sunday, though, I think she's an easy out for Ikabula if they lose an Immunity Challenge.  She was beyond useless at the challenge and hasn't really been wholly useful at most challenges thus far.  Also, she seems like a strategic dud, as all of her strategizing has been limited to doing whatever Paul told her to do, and then Jessica, and then Lucy.

• Love 3

There are still people on the Millennials tribe that I can't name.  A couple guys and at least one girl.  Maybe more.  Guess they just aren't as interesting to me yet.

Text to my son when David found the idol:  I'm totally rooting for him.

Half hour later as David flailed in the water:  Never mind.

That TC was great in that I had no idea who would be going.  Question for those with better memories than mine... has there ever been a player that used immunity idols in two consecutive TCs?  Had David played his for CC we were wondering if it would be a first.  Moot anyway, just wondering.

• Love 1

It was nice to see Jess and Ken make up. I thought telling him about the Legacy Advantage was a good call; it really showed him that she trusted him. I know she felt bad about not trusting him the first time. This game can definitely get to you. And Ken seemed very understanding. Lucky Jessica. 

Crazy that David found the Idol again. That was quick. Is he the skinny, nicer Russel Hantz? 

Ugh, the dreaded "Drop your buffs"!!! I hate it. I'm so resistant to change, haha. No, but it seems like every time a player(s) I like has put themselves into a good position in the game things get all turned around. I was happy to see David/Ken have the top position in their tribe, so of course they got separated. 

I watch with my sons and as soon as the swap was announced, my 8-year-old said, "I just hope those two who are in love get separated". Sadly, we were both disappointed. 

Now we have to be subjected to Taylor pouting about not being able to hug Figgy, which I think is almost worse than watching them kiss. Adam was throwing them some major side eye, and I hope he ends up working with Ken and Jess instead. It already seems like Ken is interested in making an effort, while Taylor and Figgy probably just ASSUME they have his vote. That might backfire in the end. 

Zeke continues to be surprise me at every turn. I wouldn't have pegged him as a football fan, not to the degree that he immediately knew what years the NC were. I actually kind of like the bond between him and Chris, and hope that's something that can go far. 

Hate to say it, but I think getting rid of CeCe was the way to go. I was nervous David would play his Idol again, but he really needs to save it for himself. The chances of finding a third aren't great. I know she was a very loyal ally to him, but he has caused enough kerfuffles. He kind of needs to just lay low and try and foster some trust - get himself back in good graces. Both he and CeCe sucked at the comp, so one of them needed to go, IMO. 

I did laugh super hard at David hitting himself in the face with buoy and then dropping it 50 times. It sucked for his tribe, but that is SO me. I can't help but like him.

Michaela once again dominated! She is such an impressive competitor. And she makes the third time that someone I liked surprised me by being the one to get fire for the tribe. 

I'll be curious to see how things go when all the players finally end up together. Are any of the generational bonds going to stay strong? Will all the Millennials immediately get back together? I'd like to see one or two of them go soon, so the playing filed is more even. But maybe it won't matter. We shall see. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

I love that David used his idol to save Jessica, and then the next thing we see is Jessica pledging her loyalty to... Ken. Not David. Ken, who voted for her. Ha! Poor David.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I actually like Chris overall, but I'm not quite buying that Dave betrayed him twice. Other than the Lucy blindside, when were Dave and Chris ever supposed to be voting along the same lines?

No, David didn't betray him twice. The first time Chris was betrayed was by the 3 women in his alliance - voting out Paul. But he probably sees David as being a major factor in that play. So maybe he doesn't mean that David literally betrayed him twice, but that Chris was blindsided two Tribals in a row, and David had a large part in that, so he just doesn't know if he can trust him and work with him. 

15 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I love Mikaela!  I hope she wins.  Saying she wanted to flip off Probst sealed it.

I love that she wasn't afraid to let him know just how pissed she was. She was serving it up! No shame. 

13 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

When Figgy was flipping her hair and Taylor was telling her how hot she was, I desperately hoped that Jeff would suddenly pull up in his "emergencies only" boat and be like, "Nope. Get the fuck out of here, both of you."

Right? They make me ill. This isn't Bachelor in Paradise. It looked like Adam was about ready throw up himself, watching them. I hope he throws them over and works with Ken and Jess. 

13 hours ago, blackwing said:

I took it more as him being aware that their shared connection would give him an "in" with Chris, which would put him above Michelle. I'm sure he really is a Sooners fan, but I also think it's likely that he intentionally used that to his advantage. 

11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I don't think so but I am enjoying it in a perverse way.  Why go on Survivor if you can't swim?  The girl who had to hold her nose to jump in the water - You Missy Lou are no swimmer.

That was Michelle and she also wasn't able to get a buoy during her turn. The orange team was screwed big time. 

10 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

You feel sorry for people who enjoy a player you don't?  That's so sweet of you.  But maybe the people who enjoy the show more than you don't really need sympathy.  It's not exactly a competition, the viewing experience, I mean.  

I like David.  He's funny and smart and good at finding idols and shaking things up.  I have no idea who does or does not help out around camp.  I like Ken, too.   

Agreed. I like people who step outside of their comfort zone and excel. David was afraid of bugs and the sound of an axe his first day out there. But HE made fire. He found two Idols. He made a big move which made a strong ally and kept the numbers on his side. (Too bad he didn't know a swap was coming.) He may suck at challenges, but I think he tries pretty damn hard and I am just happy to watch someone who seriously wants to PLAY. 

7 hours ago, Trick Question said:

Not sure I follow Jessica's logic in telling Ken about the legacy.  If I was Ken, I'd be like, "wait, so you'll give me an advantage if you're voted out?  Sweet!  Guess I know who I'm targeting next."

HA! I'm sure she might have to worry about that with other players, but I just don't see Ken operating like that. For him, I think your word and trust are huge, so her revealing something like that probably meant a lot to him. 

15 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

No, David didn't betray him twice. The first time Chris was betrayed was by the 3 women in his alliance - voting out Paul. But he probably sees David as being a major factor in that play. So maybe he doesn't mean that David literally betrayed him twice, but that Chris was blindsided two Tribals in a row, and David had a large part in that, so he just doesn't know if he can trust him and work with him. 

• Love 5