Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Bringing Up Old Ghosts

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BigTimeBetty said:

I've been out with friends when one of us was tired, hungover, or had to get up early, therefore not wanting to drink. The rest of the group may order a drink for that one non-imbiber, to encourage or try to sway her to join in and rally. We are about the same age as this group. If the non-imbiber doesn't want to drink, no one is going to force it down her throat. The drink may sit there, or someone else may even do her shot. Free will people. I also see nothing sinister about Shannon asking the waiter to make it a double. If it were a mixed drink, maybe it could be perceived as sinister. The thing with tequila shots though is that a "double" is just bigger in volume. Plainly obvious to the naked eye, whether it is naked wasted or not. I'm not blaming Shannon or Heather for any alcohol Kelly consumed. It's called personal responsibility, Kelly.

Vicki is just gross. That is all.

For a person with a demonstrated problem with alcohol, you may as well be shoving that drink down her throat. There's a reason that addicts can't be around their drug of choice for a while. The crime is that Shannon and Heather that Kelly has no self-control where booze is concerned and used this knowledge to press their agenda. THAT is the crime here. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Anyhow . . . add me to the short list of people who find it extremely disturbing that Kelly can repeatedly say NO, that she does not want to drink and not only does Shannon think it's okay to overrule her and order drinks for her but people on this board saying that Kelly doesn't have to drink them.  No, she doesn't but WTH?  Why even be put in that position?  No should mean no, period.  As someone else pointed out, what if Shannon had been a man who did this?  I feel that most people would be up in arms and completely offended.  It shouldn't matter whether a man or woman overruled what Kelly said, repeatedly.  It was shitty behavior.  And I say this as someone who does not care for Kelly and generally likes Shannon. 

My bolding.  Very well said.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I'm sorry, dislike Kelly all you want, condemn her words all you want, but what was done to her on this trip was inexcusable.

Tamra was upset about Kelly's words about her relationship with her daughter. What does Tamra do? Hit her. Inexcusable. Yes, Kelly owed Tamra an apology, but Tamra owed Kelly an apology for putting her hands on her. And the fact that no one mentioned this puts me on Kelly's side of the whole thing. Tamra doesn't have to accept Kelly's apology, but I now believe that Kelly felt ganged up on and threatened. Tamra, as usual, took it to that next level.

Now, we have a grown woman forcing drinks on another grown woman who we all can see has an issue with alcohol. The healthiest decision Kelly could make for herself and her group is to not drink. So what did they do? Ignored her express words that she wasn't drinking, ordered tequila for her, and forced her to drink it. Shannon's actions were despicable. And what she did is the kind of thing that should anger Fancy Pants Dubrow who's all about propriety. But no. Heather says nothing. Fuck off, Heather, and take your faux outrage with you. I hope after your stint on this show that no store in Europe lets you roam their aisles.

Heather is a giant hypocrite. To quote Oscar Wilde: "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people whom we personally dislike." Total outrage and clutching of pearls at Kelly's words, none at the physical violence by Tams and the alcohol shoving by Shannon.

They gaslighted Kelly hardcore. I don't think I'd want to hang out with her, but I will not defend disgusting actions like this by that group of women. If a man did to Kelly what Shannon did to Kelly, there would be talk of abuse and a huge outcry. And the complicity of the other women in all this is horrifying.

And Vicks is the worst friend ever. She's done as far as I'm concerned. What a lazy opportunist.

Great post! LOVE! 

And, may I add to examples of Heather's hypocrisy, talking trash about Kelly's shirt behind her back, but telling Vickie to pull her shirt down, and expose herself to her husband?! In front of the restaurant?! I can't with Heather anymore... And she was growing on me

• Love 13
21 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

Note to Vicki: the "I got pregnant" joke isn't funny. It wasn't funny the first time and it wasn't funny the following 4 or 5 times including the time you said it in your interview. Shaddup. 

I hate to break it you Vicki but you are on the wrong side of 50 to be pregnant!

21 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Oh, Vicki and Tamra with the cows.  Vicki's vomit noises need to be retired asap.

When Vicki started talking about how beautiful her vagina is I started making those vomit noises!

21 hours ago, Sai said:

If this was an ambush I don't care.  Kelly is a nasty, horrible person and she deserves it.  Heather and Shannon don't usually act like this so they must really not like Kelly AT ALL and I don't blame them.  

I think they did all yell at her, but I find it ironic that Kelly said on the bus they can dish it out but they can't take it. She is the one who has been crying after the altercation with Tamra about just wanting to go home. She started that shit and now she is surprised these women who have known each other much longer jump on her. Oh and by the way Kelly if you really want to go home they have these cool new inventions called airplanes, jump on one and take your ass back to Cali.

21 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know if it was an ambush, although it certainly appeared to be that way, but, on the other hand, Kelly is a grown adult, and if she did not want to drink any alcohol, she did not have to (I don't know if she actually DID drink any of the tequila drinks brought to the table).  She could have just let the drink sit there, or just clearly stated "I AM NOT DRINKING TONIGHT".

I agree she is an adult they did not drug her. If you do not want to drink push the drink aside. Or remove yourself from the situation. And does she not have a filter. Why engage? Why start spewing things about people needing to shave and digging a deeper hole!

• Love 15

I forgot all about this, but what where those triangle patches under Meghan's eyes when she woke up and out in the hallway talking to Tamra after the argument?  I bet she hated that she was on t.v. like that.  Hahaha!!

• Love 6

OF COURSE, Vicki didn't do or say a damn thing to stick up for Kelly - she wouldn't have even if Kelly was being attacked by a pack of dogs while tied down on top of railroad tracks.   Vicki looks out for number one, and that's that!   Like she said - she'd just gotten back into the girls' "social" graces...pretty sure she doesn't know that the phrase is "good graces", so she wasn't going to say a thing! 

disclaimer: I LOATHE Kelly, and I think her behavior, both drunk and sober, is indefensible, so that observation isn't about Kelly and I don't feel that Kelly needed or deserved to have anyone stick up for her.  Her victim cries fall on deaf ears with this girl - she's the aggressor 99% of the time, the way I see it.  She's Backwards Girl.  However, Vicki, who was such a "great friend" when she was desperate and had nobody else, didn't give a rat's ass when Kelly's big mouth landed her knee deep in yet another mess.  So predictable...

In other news, I hate em all except Meghan.  I never thought those words would come off of my fingertips.   Another show ruined.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Sai said:

In one of Vicki's previous blogs she says that the secret she has on Shannon comes out in Ireland.  In Tamra and Shannon's blog this week they say things get worse next week in Ireland.  They are already in the van on the way to the airport heading back home so this is where its all gonna happen next week.

In Tamra's blog she says that Shannon kept ordering Tequila for Tamra as well but she didn't drink it.  She left it on the table.  I think Shannon was just trying to have fun on the last night and that's why she kept ordering rounds of drinks for EVERYONE.  She didn't just order it for Kelly.

Maybe that was some deceptive editing then, which I would honestly prefer because aside from the marriage dysfunction I have loved Shannon since the first time her fun-crazy ass first appeared on my TV. It looked REALLY shady when it aired, especially on the heels of Heather's flask o' Fireball being brought out in the middle of the afternoon (and yeah, the Fireball thing is a tradition I guess, but Heather was never part of it so I'm not buying that she brought it out for anything other than malicious purposes). 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But Kelly did not drink, so she can control herself. Heather asked her once if she wanted a shot of Fireball, Kelly said no and that was the end of it until she poured champagne at which Heather asked Kelly, who said no and the subject was dropped.

At the dinner, Kelly was whining about being excluded, Shannon asked if Kelly wanted a shot and even though Kelly said no, she still ordered it including her. Drinking it was left up to Kelly, who in fact did not drink it.

I also believe that Kelly's problem happens sober or drunk, I don't think alcohol is her problem or the catalyst. Her problem is her temper/anger problem hence the 2 separate restraining orders filed and granted against her.

I thought I saw Kelly take at least one sip of each on camera. We can't know for sure what she did or didn't drink, since they didn't film the entire picnic or dinner. I do agree that she has major anger issues, which are obviously exacerbated by alcohol. And I think THAT is where Heather and Shannon were attempting to go with Kelly in these two instances. Since Kelly's issues manifest whether drunk or sober, it's really hard for any of us to judge her blood alcohol content in the hotel hallway or in the (family) van later on. 

This is not a defense of Kelly. I'm just trying to look at this objectively, and I see her as a person who has issues with alcohol, as Heather, Tamballs, and Shannon also did at that point in time. As others have said, the only one who came out of this Ireland trip with any shred of dignity left was Meghan. At this point in time, I find them ALL to be vile, petty excuses for human beings. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sai said:

I forgot all about this, but what where those triangle patches under Meghan's eyes when she woke up and out in the hallway talking to Tamra after the argument?  I bet she hated that she was on t.v. like that.  Hahaha!!

I have things like that that are for under eye circles, wrinkles, and bags.  I use them when I've had a long night and don't want to look super tired.

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-pure-retinol-express-soothing-eye-mask-P173619?skuId=1885946&publisher_id=255779  

• Love 2

I would really like to believe Shannons blog and that she was just trying to be inclusive with kelly. She seemed pretty hammered already at that point so maybe? I can't remember her ever going after someone vindictively before.  I feel like we will never know because who can we trust that was there? I wouldn't take any of their word. And either way, it was not cool to tell heather to film the hallway scene.

Heather seems somewhat reasonable most of the time but then can get so nasty. She should have just stayed out of the Kelly pile on and tried to calm everyone down. I'm glad the show flashed back to her being so cruel to Shannon.

Tamra is just reverting to her old nasty ways. 

Is this how Kelly acts all of the time? While no one deserves to be ganged  up on, she brought it all on herself by being drunk and crazy.

Who is going to be friends with Vicki after this? Will Kelly be desperate enough to be friends with her? Will they bring Gretchen back to be in team Kelly? LOL! God I hope not 

I need Meghan's eye thingies!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Missmissie173 said:

Granted, I don’t watch the witches of the OC very often (I am a NYC girl), but I happened to catch this episode…Lucky Me!

Kelly is the kid we all knew from school that never fit in.  Either from the wrong part of town or the richest part of town – didn’t matter.  These types of kids were always being bullied or resorted to doing the bullying themselves.  I don’t know why – they were just always inappropriate. NO matter what the situation.  You felt sorry for them, but at the same time you didn’t want to be the one that hung with them.  Nobody wanted to be tainted by their bothersome and irritating weirdness…to me that is Kelly.  As we say in the South, “Bless her heart.”  Another way of saying, “OMG, you are so f(*king weird.  Stay away from me.”

I agree with the posters that said Shannon’s behavior disappointed.  I too thought she was more mature and kind than the Two Hounds of Hell known as Tamara and Heather. Guess not.

So next week Vicki and Tamara go to the mud wrestling pit.  As a woman of a certain age (49ish…*cough* really 52) when I grew up, if you displayed the type of behavior these ill bred biatches do, you were considered trash.  Frankly, both Vicki and Tamara scare the crap out of me from a physical perspective.  Both act and look like they would “cut a bitch” (TM unknown.) In any case *Ouch.”

Love your whole post. As to the bolded, I fully agree but would add Heather to the trash heap. She's just as nasty and conniving, just a bit more covert and with a better tailor. Or, in the immortal words of Julia Sugarbaker:

You know, growing up in the rural part of Georgia, I’ve been around compost all my life. I’ve seen it loaded onto wagons and tilled and hoed and spread across fields far and wide. But until today, I must say, I’ve never seen it tied up and gift wrapped in quite so neat and tidy and “pretty” a package. Congratulations. You’re a very clever girl. But it’s still compost. 

tumblr_nqu864nlgw1u8lt12o1_1280.jpg

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought I saw Kelly take at least one sip of each on camera. We can't know for sure what she did or didn't drink, since they didn't film the entire picnic or dinner. I do agree that she has major anger issues, which are obviously exacerbated by alcohol. And I think THAT is where Heather and Shannon were attempting to go with Kelly in these two instances. Since Kelly's issues manifest whether drunk or sober, it's really hard for any of us to judge her blood alcohol content in the hotel hallway or in the (family) van later on. 

This is not a defense of Kelly. I'm just trying to look at this objectively, and I see her as a person who has issues with alcohol, as Heather, Tamballs, and Shannon also did at that point in time. As others have said, the only one who came out of this Ireland trip with any shred of dignity left was Meghan. At this point in time, I find them ALL to be vile, petty excuses for human beings. 

I think Kelly would have tweeted that they got her drunk on purpose, she is hell bent on laying all blame at Tamra and Shannon's feet (not so much Heather believe it or not), so I am of the opinion that she didn't drink.
As for why Heather/Shannon offered her a drink? Had they not, they would have been called out for ignoring Kelly, for excluding her (just like Kelly did in fact say at the last dinner), they were between a rock and a hard place. They would look bad to a lot of viewers either way, so, why not treat her as they always do, as part of the group. I will admit, that IMO, Shannon pushed it a bit further than she needed to but then again, she heard Kelly's comment about being ignored. 

Now, what was Kelly's excuse for her nasty behavior on the bus back to the airport? She was hell bent on fighting with everyone about everything, attacking them on a personal level, the "Yeah I was wrong/nasty but your fat/ugly" tactic! I really get the feeling that Tamra/Heather/Shannon and even Meghan were at the end of their rope with Kelly's behavior, I think the comment about Tamra's daughter was the straw that broke their collective back. I also suspect that Kelly got that info/dirt about Tamra/daughter from Vicki and that is why Vicki refused to come to Kelly's defense when all hell broke loose in the store. I think we find out more about this in the next episode. Which then begs the question, is Vicki using Kelly (setting her up) to make the others look bad as pay back for not wanting to film with her, Vicki, this season?

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

thought I saw Kelly take at least one sip of each on camera. We can't know for sure what she did or didn't drink, since they didn't film the entire picnic or dinner.

Kelly said she didn't want any Fireball at the picnic and Heather poured her a shot anyway.  Ditto with the champs, Kelly declined, Heather poured.  For whatever reason.

There could be another explanation for Shannon getting up at dinner and changing the drink order to doubles.  Maybe she wanted a bigger drink for herself and didn't want to look like a lush.  I don't know if Shannon has a drinking problem but she was hammered at Heather's book party, slurring words etc. and Kelly refers to her as a drunk in the van so maybe.

One of the producers has a fetish for watching Kelly eat.  There are several shots/scenes of her eating, including a close up of her hands holding cutlery.  I have to say it is oddly fascinating.  Maybe the producers just wanted to show one of the women eating potatoes.  Or maybe Kelly is the only one of the women that really eats.

I love the way they had blankets on the chairs when they were eating outside or in the barn in case someone got cold.  So civilized.

• Love 9

My goodness, this was like a special RHOC: Halloween Horrors episode! They should have done special title cards for the intro with the ladies all dressed as witches. 

The editors are really going over-the-top this season with the crazy sinister editing. First at the '70s party, and now with this episode. But at this point in the show's run, I don't really mind it. It's almost becoming pure camp.

But back to this week's Hocus Pocus edition. The cast member who honestly scared me the most in this episode was Miss Heather Dubrow. First, in the quick shot of her sitting at a fountain in all-black, sneering at Kelly playing croquet in her white "blouse." It was so Sarah Michelle Gellar in "Cruel Intentions."

And then, in the bus toward the end of the episode...when Heather said to Kelly (paraphrasing) "Nothing you can say will hurt me. Because you're TRASH." Oh mannnnn! It was like watching the doll in "Saw"!! I literally got chills. I think THAT is the Heather that usually hides behind the "fancy pants" veneer, and she seems like a terrifying being!! Like when Anjelica Houston removes her mask in "The Witches."

OK no more film references, I promise. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

My goodness, this was like a special RHOC: Halloween Horrors episode! They should have done special title cards for the intro with the ladies all dressed as witches. 

The editors are really going over-the-top this season with the crazy sinister editing. First at the '70s party, and now with this episode. But at this point in the show's run, I don't really mind it. It's almost becoming pure camp.

But back to this week's Hocus Pocus edition. The cast member who honestly scared me the most in this episode was Miss Heather Dubrow. First, in the quick shot of her sitting at a fountain in all-black, sneering at Kelly playing croquet in her white "blouse." It was so Sarah Michelle Gellar in "Cruel Intentions."

And then, in the bus toward the end of the episode...when Heather said to Kelly (paraphrasing) "Nothing you can say will hurt me. Because you're TRASH." Oh mannnnn! It was like watching the doll in "Saw"!! I literally got chills. I think THAT is the Heather that usually hides behind the "fancy pants" veneer, and she seems like a terrifying being!! Like when Anjelica Houston removes her mask in "The Witches."

OK no more film references, I promise. 

The doll in "SAW" has more film credits to it's name.

Is a better actor

Is better looking.

Has better manners.

Has better makeup, skin and wardrobe. 

• Love 3
On 10/17/2016 at 10:09 PM, ivygirl said:

14 minutes of screeching and low-light smartphone shakycam

Why oh why couldn't the Blair Witch have come out and killed them all? It is sort of a like a horror movie, stupid people making things more difficult than they need to be.  Leading to their own demise. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have had people buy me drinks that I didn't want before. You know what I did? I let them sit there or offered them to others but I didn't drink them so I am not Team Kelly. 

Bingo.  And you want else I did?  I grabbed myself by the balls more than once and put anyone who was doing the shoving in their place if they tried to make me feel like shit.  Including my boss at an office gathering.  A bit nicer, but I actually role played being an adult responsible for myself.

But then I do know, compared to me, Kelly is such a shrinking violet.

Oops.  My bad.  Spellcheck went a bit amuck there.  I mean Kelly is shrieking violent.

• Love 9

Kelly doesn't need to be drunk to be nasty.  That is who she is.  We've seen it with her husband.  Didn't she have to go to anger management classes?

We've seen Kelly drink plenty of tequila.  Girl knows what it tastes like and knows the difference between what's in a shot, what's in a small glass with ice and a large glass with ice.  To say that Shannon 'spiked' her drink is IMO over reaching.  And, because a drink is put in front of her as with everyone doesn't mean 'forced' to drink.

Soooo....Heather maybe shouldn't have said it but Kelly did look ridiculous in that white top.  Heather maybe shouldn't have said it but I was thinking the same thing when she said something about Kelly's daughter dealing with this.  Heather maybe shouldn't have said it but Kelly is trash.  I've never really like Heather but I can't totally condemn her in my 'mind'.  I'm kinda torn.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

For a person with a demonstrated problem with alcohol, you may as well be shoving that drink down her throat. There's a reason that addicts can't be around their drug of choice for a while. The crime is that Shannon and Heather that Kelly has no self-control where booze is concerned and used this knowledge to press their agenda. THAT is the crime here. 

No crime IMO.  First, I don't think that either Shannon or Heather have a problem with alcohol.  We've seen them drink socially and on vacation.  Hey, I'm raising my hand.

How can any of us conclude that she is addicted to alcohol?  Kelly's problems are far more than  just concluding it's 'alcohol'.  Alcohol may make her less inhibited at times with her mouth but let's see:   Was she drunk on the way to airport?   Kelly has anger issues.  Period. 

What's Heather and Shannon's agenda? 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have had people buy me drinks that I didn't want before. You know what I did? I let them sit there or offered them to others but I didn't drink them so I am not Team Kelly. 

IF you were an alcoholic,though, that drink sitting in front of you and being urged on you by several women who obviously hate you (and you're trying to get to like you) would be sooooo tempting.  They knew what they were doing and had probably been told by production to get Kelly to drink to make a better show.  I've always liked Shannon and felt sorry for her when Heather was so mean to her in the first season she was on the show, when Heather ordered her out of her house so rudely, but she totally lost me with this one.  To see her and Heather (and Tamara) gang up on Kelly was obscene!  It's obvious that Kelly isn't very smart and has alcohol problems and yet they didn't try to protect her, but pushed it on her to get a reaction.  Heather may  think she's so sophisticated and all that, but she's just a wanna be who married a wanna be dr.  This show sickened and upset me.  The demon in Heather was evident on that bus ride.  Heck, I wanted a drink after watching that show!  I cant imagine how it felt to be the object off all that evil. 

• Love 7
  22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

IF you were an alcoholic,though, that drink sitting in front of you and being urged on you by several women who obviously hate you (and you're trying to get to like you) would be sooooo tempting.  They knew what they were doing and had probably been told by production to get Kelly to drink to make a better show.  I've always liked Shannon and felt sorry for her when Heather was so mean to her in the first season she was on the show, when Heather ordered her out of her house so rudely, but she totally lost me with this one.  To see her and Heather (and Tamara) gang up on Kelly was obscene!  It's obvious that Kelly isn't very smart and has alcohol problems and yet they didn't try to protect her, but pushed it on her to get a reaction.  Heather may  think she's so sophisticated and all that, but she's just a wanna be who married a wanna be dr.  This show sickened and upset me.  The demon in Heather was evident on that bus ride.  Heck, I wanted a drink after watching that show!  I cant imagine how it felt to be the object off all that evil. 

None of them are that smart, as evidenced by the fact that they live their lives [mostly falsely] in front of TV cameras, and they all have alcohol problems. If Kelly had ever told anyone she's an alcoholic, I'm sure no one would have tried to ply her with alcohol. But Kelly would be the first to screech that she isn't an alcoholic (and probably that she's a college graduate while she's at it), so she's fair game. People can buy you drinks all day long. That doesn't mean you have to drink them.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

None of them are that smart, as evidenced by the fact that they live their lives [mostly falsely] in front of TV cameras, and they all have alcohol problems. If Kelly had ever told anyone she's an alcoholic, I'm sure no one would have tried to ply her with alcohol. But Kelly would be the first to screech that she isn't an alcoholic (and probably that she's a college graduate while she's at it), so she's fair game. People can buy you drinks all day long. That doesn't mean you have to drink them.

The way she reacts after drinking just screams 'alcoholic' to me :(  And the way she was looking at that drink, like she was saying to herself, "No I CANT drink that, but I WANT to so bad..."   My uncle is an alcoholic and he tries so hard but after awhile he'll slip.  And it's usually when out with other people who are drinking.  Then he becomes this totally different person :(  Watching Kelly's expression was hard.  I think both she and her husband are alcoholics and enable each other.  She probably is dying to leave him but if you remember on the phone she told him she just wanted to go home and be with him because he was the only one who understood her.  She has a big problem.  (In my opinion)

• Love 11

Gosh, I don't think that Kelly or her husband are alcoholics from what we've seen of either one of them.  I'm not saying that they're not but to state that they are isn't fair given that they're on a reality show.  Yeah, a reality show.  Not a documentary.  The editors have the control.  They have the control to spin the participants into what they feel makes the best TV.   It's not balanced reporting.

Kelly has issues for sure.  Are those issues based on drinking?  I have my doubts.  Same goes for her husband.  I just don't think it's that's so simple.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, lilsadone said:

These housewives say Kelly has a drinking problem and they're the same ones pushing drinks on her. Thats not right and is totally inexcusable no matter which housewive you normally like. 

If someone really has a problem with drinking then just ignoring it after its sat in front of you is probably a bigger battle then you imagine. It's not right

Totally agree with you.  And, unfortunately, I'm left with Meghan to like.  How in the hell did that happen?

Jeebus, Tamra's face in the hall way while fighting with Kelly was just so...evil, thrilled, and pleased with herself that for the first time I thought to myself "If she's here next season, I can't watch this again.".  Not to mention her special brand of screeching is migraine making for me.

So much ugly coming out in all of them.  Nasty, NASTY stuff.  Truly, if this is what RHOC has devolved to, I'm out.

While I'm excited to see Vicks get her comeuppance next week, I'm not sure I can stomach more.

4 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

The doll in "SAW" has more film credits to it's name.

Is a better actor

Is better looking.

Has better manners.

Has better makeup, skin and wardrobe. 

And best of all?  Doesn't have to have sex with Terry Dubrow.

Edited by Long Spot
  • Love 5

Wait -- whose husband beat the shit out of her?  Simon/Tamra? David/Shannon?  Missed who Kelly gestured to.

These women are horrible. I never bought Tamra's Christian makeover for even a second and she was clearly the one behind the whole let's-get-Kelly-drunk debacle.  She and Shannon and Heather are just wretched.  Kelly is no better but really?  Bullying her into drinking after she's said no a hundred times? 

This show has run its course with me. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

No crime IMO.  First, I don't think that either Shannon or Heather have a problem with alcohol.  We've seen them drink socially and on vacation.  Hey, I'm raising my hand.

How can any of us conclude that she is addicted to alcohol?  Kelly's problems are far more than  just concluding it's 'alcohol'.  Alcohol may make her less inhibited at times with her mouth but let's see:   Was she drunk on the way to airport?   Kelly has anger issues.  Period. 

What's Heather and Shannon's agenda? 

I never said Heather or Shannon had a problem with alcohol. I specifically singled out Kelly. As for an agenda, I think it's pretty obvious: they wanted Kelly to go off the rails one more time. Preferably drunk. I can't stand the bitch, but she was set up to fail. But as I said before, it was really hard to judge how much Kelly drank. I'm pretty sure I saw her sip the tequila once, but we don't know what happened off-camera. She could have been sucking down drinks like Gretchen in Naked Wasted, even with Jeana on her side trying to hide the drinks. Kelly didn't have ANYONE helping her, and she knew it. But putting that booze in front of her is like waving a red cape in front of a bull. Girlfriend has a multitude of issues that need more counseling/AA/whatever than she's already had. 

She needs to go and get her shit together. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Miss February said:

I agree.  And I thought Shannon agreed.  But she's back to being buddies with Vicki, giggling and even trying to French kiss her.  It seemed like Shannon, Meghan and Heather were going to be hold-outs, but they eventually caved.  Too bad no one stood their ground on this subject.  Not continuing to talk or think about it necessarily, but just remaining detached from Vicki because of it.

I don't think they've forgiven or forgotten the cancer scam.  They will play along and let Vicki think that she's back in the fold because they hate Kelly that much.  They want Kelly out of the group but need Vicki to be part of the gang-up on her.  Once Kelly is gone and they need someone to pounce on, they'll invoke Brooks's name and it'll be Vicki on the outs again.  It's a classic Mean Girl tactic.

• Love 5

I never read the Housewife blogs on Bravotv.com, but between Heather's appearance on WWHL and Shannon's weak defenses in the blog, it's pretty clear they wanted to take down Kelly.  Which would normally be fine, but it totally derails any upper hand they had in the situation.

One particular comment of Shannon that stuck out to me:  "But what is most distressing about Kelly’s blog is her statement that Tamra hit her. Tamra did no such thing. She pushed Kelly and quickly walked away. I was witness to everything, as well as the other ladies present."

Isn't pushing somebody still assault?  Anyway, we've all seen that crazed weasel look that Tamra gets in her eyes, and physical violence is definitely in her wheelhouse.  Remember when she attacked Jeana in her driveway?

• Love 12
22 hours ago, HumblePi said:

These women should have their passports confiscated by the Feds, not because they're an International threat but because they're an International embarrassment to the United States.

Don't worry, every country got those type of embarassing tourists (I know I wanted to smack my fellow Frenchies when I saw some on holidays, from China to the US...) so I'm pretty sure nobody is drawing conclusions about Americans in general when we see two or even six in what ?? 600 millions of you? in that state on a trip. I know I don't. 

Anyway, sick or not, Kelly didn't drink when the cameras were rolling at that lunch/picnic/whatever because it was obvious she was set up. The woman is a mean bitch but she's was smart here. She drank later with Vicki, when they were alone. That was her error, thinking that it was safe to be her obnoxious self later when it's obvious that 3 mains characters don't want her anymore with them and I'm sorry to say that I don't blame them. Kelly is a racist dumb bitch and if I had to work with her, given the lows where she goes, you can be sure I would make anything in my power to get her of my surroundings. I don't see it as ganging up on anybody. What the women did to Alexis, THAT was. That poor woman was stupid and couldn't think to save her life or even spell "help". Kelly fights back, she fights dirty and she takes no prisonner. Because she can cry on cue, she can be a victim? She wants to play? She played, she lost. Tough shit. Cry me a river. And Vicki can take a hike too with "I'm scared now so I don't want to be involved". What the fuck? She wasn't shown the door after her cancer scam, she clearly holds the power in the group, forcing them to "move on" and she's scared ? Of what exactly? Alienating again the women and being forced to film with the daughter who can't stand her most of the time? 

Was it a good look for Heather, Shannon or Tamra? Nope. Was it the thing to do? I don't think so. But mostly I blame them for the clumsy execution of the super mega evil plan, giving Kelly an opening for semi legit complains. Those damn women!! Have they never watched Melrose Place to learn how to frame someone and stay clean? 

• Love 10

This episode was incredibly interesting for the reason that it was entirely different from anything we have seen before. Starting with us hearing "production" ask someone (I think Meghan) what happened during the evening after they stopped filming. We don't usually hear production questions. That jumped out at me big time.

The second big deal was the fact that we saw grainy footage in the van. It didn't look like they had intended to film, but they did. One of the important facts of their trips is that we never see them returning home from a trip. We see them preparing to go away - packing and going to the airport - but we usually only see random packing stuff again when they are leaving, and then poof - they are back home again. Tamra talked about this a few years ago. She said it was an agreement that they got their privacy when they were returning home. When they are traveling, they are filming much longer hours than normal, so they get a break on the way home. She said that often times the biggest arguments take place on those trips home because nerves are frayed and tempers erupt after the drama of the trip. She said that production is often begging them to save the fights for when they are back home, but there is often no stopping the very real drama. For whatever reason, they decided to let us see what happens, which must mean it is really, really dramatic stuff. I think the real intense action comes next week - still in the van - when the reveal about Shannon happens. I know that this secret is supposedly from Vicki, but my guess is that Kelly is the one to scream it out, since Vicki told her what the secret is. 

Does anyone know the specific timeline of when this trip happened in relation to Kelly's racist TMZ rant?  The reason I ask is that Heather commented on the rant immediatly after it was reported, and I think she said something like a person with those racist views had no place on the show. Assuming the TMZ thing happened prior to the trip, it adds another reason as to why these gals didn't like Kelly and wanted to see her gone girl. It also might be a reason why Kelly was trying to be more careful about her drinking, since in the TMZ deal she was really hammered. 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Does anyone know the specific timeline of when this trip happened in relation to Kelly's racist TMZ rant?  The reason I ask is that Heather commented on the rant immediatly after it was reported, and I think she said something like a person with those racist views had no place on the show. Assuming the TMZ thing happened prior to the trip, it adds another reason as to why these gals didn't like Kelly and wanted to see her gone girl. It also might be a reason why Kelly was trying to be more careful about her drinking, since in the TMZ deal she was really hammered. 

That's an excellent question.  I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Sai said:

That's an excellent question.  I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Ok, so the rant was reported on April 3rd and they already had Heather's comment. I was wrong about Heather saying such a person had no place on the show. She said such a person had no place in her life. I believe that they went to Ireland at the end of April or the beginning of May, so I think the deed had already happened. Just not 100% sure, because I can't find any confirmation of when they went on the trip. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Ok, so the rant was reported on April 3rd and they already had Heather's comment. I was wrong about Heather saying such a person had no place on the show. She said such a person had no place in her life. I believe that they went to Ireland at the end of April or the beginning of May, so I think the deed had already happened. Just not 100% sure, because I can't find any confirmation of when they went on the trip. 

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/real-housewives-of-orange-county-film-scenes-across-dublin-and-wicklow-and-attempt-to-track-irish-ancestry-34738496.html

Ok, this article was published May 23,  2016, so this after the TMZ incident.  Hmmm......makes you wonder, right?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, stcroix said:

The way she reacts after drinking just screams 'alcoholic' to me :(  And the way she was looking at that drink, like she was saying to herself, "No I CANT drink that, but I WANT to so bad..."   My uncle is an alcoholic and he tries so hard but after awhile he'll slip.  And it's usually when out with other people who are drinking.  Then he becomes this totally different person :(  Watching Kelly's expression was hard.  I think both she and her husband are alcoholics and enable each other.  She probably is dying to leave him but if you remember on the phone she told him she just wanted to go home and be with him because he was the only one who understood her.  She has a big problem.  (In my opinion)

Kelly doesn't have an issue with alcohol, she has an anger issues (something she admits to) that is made worse with alcohol.

• Love 4

At one time I posted a question asking if anyone here knew Kelly in high school...or knew her friends, since I grew up/live in the Phoenix area.  I found this article online and what a SURPRISE!   She did NOT go to a Catholic school in Scottsdale--she went to one in Phoenix.   It's my alma mater and it was a poor "inner city" school when I attended--and before "inner city" was a term.  It is most likely the least affluent of all private schools in the Phoenix metro area.   I had classmates with her maiden name, so I might have gone to school with her parents.  

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/08/08/kelly-dodd-high-school-mean-girl/

• Love 6
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This episode was incredibly interesting for the reason that it was entirely different from anything we have seen before. Starting with us hearing "production" ask someone (I think Meghan) what happened during the evening after they stopped filming. We don't usually hear production questions. That jumped out at me big time.

The second big deal was the fact that we saw grainy footage in the van. It didn't look like they had intended to film, but they did. One of the important facts of their trips is that we never see them returning home from a trip. We see them preparing to go away - packing and going to the airport - but we usually only see random packing stuff again when they are leaving, and then poof - they are back home again. Tamra talked about this a few years ago. She said it was an agreement that they got their privacy when they were returning home. When they are traveling, they are filming much longer hours than normal, so they get a break on the way home. She said that often times the biggest arguments take place on those trips home because nerves are frayed and tempers erupt after the drama of the trip. She said that production is often begging them to save the fights for when they are back home, but there is often no stopping the very real drama. For whatever reason, they decided to let us see what happens, which must mean it is really, really dramatic stuff. I think the real intense action comes next week - still in the van - when the reveal about Shannon happens. I know that this secret is supposedly from Vicki, but my guess is that Kelly is the one to scream it out, since Vicki told her what the secret is. 

One of the HWs, Shannon/Tamra or Heather, said that what we have seen so far, Kellys behavior, isn't the worst of it, that they left the very worst on the editing room floor (or words to that effect). The footage we are seeing is also badly edited, choppy and creates more questions than answers IMO.

• Love 3

It was obvious that once Kelly made the comment about Tamra's daughter Tamra, Heather and Shannon all agreed to try to get Kelly to get as nuts as possible in order to get her off the show.  In Shannon's blog and on Tamra's twitter they both claim that Kelly had told them tequila was an upper and that's why Shannon was ordering it and encouraging Kelly to drink- BS everyone know that alcohol is a depressant.  They were trying to get Kelly drunk to get her to lash out some more- it was obvious by Tamra's "all black for Kelly's funeral" remark & then sending the selfie.  I'm no great Kelly fan, but I can see how she feels like everyone has been out to get her from the beginning.  

• Love 7

Scary Ireland just doesn't rival Scary Island. I must be getting HW tired out because I just can't get all worked up about this odd episode the way I did with Scary Island, Naked Wasted and the more recent B outing LuAnn's Fiancé ON camera. I also thought Kelly arguably deserved having Tamra send her evidence of her shady talk and Shannon ordered her some drinks that she didn't even seem to drink anyway, so what. For me this whole episode is a big ol' "So What!".

• Love 7

There are actually disparate qualifications for addiction vis-à-vis alcohol and other controlled substances. Some medical providers will only apply that designation to individuals who exhibit a physical dependence upon the substance in question; others will use in in reference to those - like Kelly, Brandi Glanville, and/or Joanna Krupa - who appear to have difficulty restraining their liquor intake once they've commenced imbibing.

Kelly is demonstrably a contentedly ignorant asshole. But her grievances about being iced out from the group dynamic and later finding herself plied with tequila are not mutually exclusive. If she had lamented about simply being offered alcohol once? That would be contradictory. But she was complaining about the fact that Shannon blithely ignored multiple protests. And Heather didn't even consume her *own* shot of Fireball despite its nominally crucial function as a cast tradition. Malfeasance doesn't have to succeed in order for the intent to be morally reprehensible (and I realize interpretation of intent is subjective here); Naked Wasted is not one of the most horrific incidents in the annals of reality television because of what transpired but because of what came so close to transpiring.

Although I've previously found Shannon's perspective largely perspective outside of the running telenovela of her marital woes, Heather repeatedly insisted for the duration of season nine that if viewers just waited a couple of episodes, they would see retroactive justification for all of her misconduct toward the Beadors. That year, she asserted that Shannon had screamed at her across Javier's; "yelled" at her in the confines of the Beador living room; that she, Heather, hadn't "kicked Shannon out" of her house when she was on tape proclaiming that she had done just that; and acted as if Shannon's meltdown at the Rovsek supper occurred apropos of nothing rather than Tamra repeatedly putting her hands all over Shannon's face and upper body.

The glee with which Heather castigated Kelly as "trash" on the bus was a direct echo to the casual malice and condescension with which she stupidly suggested that David required a "thesaurus" (sic) and co-signed Terry's characterization of him as "some hollaback construction" worker.

And all of this is beside the point that Kelly was in her own room when Tamra made the explicit effort to antagonistically engage her all the way from the hotel bar. Yet again, Tamra made the concerted choice (after introducing the completely unrelated matter of Kelly's remarks about the Dubrow's real estate transactions) to instigate/escalate a conflict. Bitch wanted a fight and she got one.

Shannon's characterization of the "insane" hallway altercation was not what aired. So Kelly said Tamra was "mean"? Wow! That's totally commensurate with Heather and Tamra leveraging the possibility/suggestion of mental health problems for their own crass benefit.

And if Heather is bringing Kelly's drunken TMZ disquisition on critical race theory into this mess, she needs to consult her dictionary for the definition of "selective" because she's uttered nary a word about Tamra and Vicki's repeated invocations of casually racist ideas and terminology and/or about Tamra's use of religious epithets like "Jesus Jugs." And if we're taking extraneous shit like Kelly's comments into account, perhaps these women need to reconcile Tamra's documented use of "beaner" with her vitriol against a woman of Mexican descent.

All my opinion, of course.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 9

Shannon's ("Kelly said tequila is an upper") spin attempt is an insult to the viewers' intelligence.  The drink ordering? After you and your friends have made a huge deal about OMG KELLY! and her OMG DRINKING! And then you go out of your way not once, but twice to get Kelly to drink? It doesn't take a genius to follow that plan to its logical conclusion. She couldn't think much of the fans of the show if she thinks we cannot see that for what it was. 

Tamra's hit/push/shove assault is not the first time she's resorted to violence and the only thing that surprises me about that is given her history, no one has brought a charge against her at this point. The preview of her menacing "Fuuuck. Youuuu!" in Vicki's face was disturbing, and I agree with other posters who have said she appears to enjoy being in that "zone". She creeps me out quite a bit.

I think Heather is a better actress than I have given her credit for because she had me sold the last few seasons that she might actually be a nice person underneath all pearl clutching; I see now that I was wrong, and that she is in fact the very same snobby, sanctimonious, entitled bitch that she was season one.  I am not looking forward to her dismissal of other people's concerns about her behavior as irrelevant, but even if she doesn't say as much, I feel certain she;s thinking it.

It's pretty clear to me that Heather, Shannon and Tamra quietly planned to get Kelly drunk so she would make a scene; Shannon's drinks orders and Tamra's funeral comments tell me as much.  Good for Kelly for not falling for it, even when Tamra tried to take it next level by excluding Kelly from the Vicki-come-down-and-meet-us invite and for later attempting to antagonize her with texts. 

Looking good, Meghan!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

There are actually disparate qualifications for addiction vis-à-vis alcohol and other controlled substances. Some medical providers will only apply that designation to individuals who exhibit a physical dependence upon the substance in question; others will use in in reference to those - like Kelly, Brandi Glanville, and/or Joanna Krupa - who appear to have difficulty restraining their liquor intake once they've commenced imbibing.

Kelly is demonstrably a contentedly ignorant asshole. But her grievances about being iced out from the group dynamic and later finding herself plied with tequila are not mutually exclusive. If she had lamented about simply being offered alcohol once? That would be contradictory. But she was complaining about the fact that Shannon blithely ignored multiple protests. And Heather didn't even consume her *own* shot of Fireball despite its nominally crucial function as a cast tradition. Malfeasance doesn't have to succeed in order for the intent to be morally reprehensible (and I realize interpretation of intent is subjective here); Naked Wasted is not one of the most horrific incidents in the annals of reality television because of what transpired but because of what came so close to transpiring.

Although I've previously found Shannon's perspective largely perspective outside of the running telenovela of her marital woes, Heather repeatedly insisted for the duration of season nine that if viewers just waited a couple of episodes, they would see retroactive justification for all of her misconduct toward the Beadors. That year, she asserted that Shannon had screamed at her across Javier's; "yelled" at her in the confines of the Beador living room; that she, Heather, hadn't "kicked Shannon out" of her house when she was on tape proclaiming that she had done just that; and acted as if Shannon's meltdown at the Rovsek supper occurred apropos of nothing rather than Tamra repeatedly putting her hands all over Shannon's face and upper body.

The glee with which Heather castigated Kelly as "trash" on the bus was a direct echo to the casual malice and condescension with which she stupidly suggested that David required a "thesaurus" (sic) and co-signed Terry's characterization of him as "some hollaback construction" worker.

And all of this is beside the point that Kelly was in her own room when Tamra made the explicit effort to antagonistically engage her all the way from the hotel bar. Yet again, Tamra made the concerted choice (after introducing the completely unrelated matter of Kelly's remarks about the Dubrow's real estate transactions) to instigate/escalate a conflict. Bitch wanted a fight and she got one.

Shannon's characterization of the "insane" hallway altercation was not what aired. So Kelly said Tamra was "mean"? Wow! That's totally commensurate with Heather and Tamra leveraging the possibility/suggestion of mental health problems for their own crass benefit.

And if Heather is bringing Kelly's drunken TMZ disquisition on critical race theory into this mess, she needs to consult her dictionary for the definition of "selective" because she's uttered nary a word about Tamra and Vicki's repeated invocations of casually racist ideas and terminology and/or about Tamra's use of religious epithets like "Jesus Jugs." And if we're taking extraneous shit like Kelly's comments into account, perhaps these women need to reconcile Tamra's documented use of "beaner" with her vitriol against a woman of Mexican descent.

All my opinion, of course.

IMO, by the end of this season, all (minus Meghan) will look horrid for their own actions/behaviors no matter how they spin it. Heather/Tamra/Shannon were forced to interact with Vicki to keep their Oranges. Vicki came on the show intent to destroy H/S/T because they went public saying they did not want her back on the show and had no interest in ever filming/interacting with her after last season and she, Vicki, told Kelly every single dark/hurtful secret that any of the 3 ever confided to her in hopes that Kelly would spill the details. Kelly, who production knew had real/dangerous anger management issues, came on the show as a hired Vicki defender and took her assignment to heart and when the others didn't openly accept her despite her alliance with Vicki, she reveled in helping Vicki to destroy them. Leaving Meghan, who was so wrapped up in her IVF/pregnancy journey she had no time for the petty fights, to like. LOL

• Love 4

I posted in the wrong thread so moving my post:

There is no way Kelly will be back.  I think she's too vile, and too unliked.  She is total garbage.  When she yells at someone she does it in such a vulgar way.  The way she hurls insults at people it's so clunky and vile. "You're  a liar you're a goddamn liar", "You're a drunk, yeah you are, you're a drunk".  Just her delivery it's so gross.  I can't see how this woman has any friends IRL.

BIG HOWEVER: it was despicable of Shannon to continue to push alcohol on her. 

I don't know what Shannon has had to say for herself about this, I have not looked at anyone's twitter since the show aired.  But I am kind of going with Heather's explanation she gave.  I think Kelly was pouting and acting dejected, and she had made some comments about how she was left out of the partying, and from what I understand she is the one who mentioned Tequila being an "upper", so I think Shannon was like: Oh you want to pout and complain?  OK so here we are now, let's drink now and wipe that pout off your face.  You want to hang with us?  Then hang with us!

That's my take on it.

• Love 13

Well, Meghan came across well this episode, but everyone else behaved badly.
I understand why Tamra was upset at Kelly, and didn't want to immediately pretend that the insult hadn't happened. Why are all the other women firmly on Tamra's side, especially if they saw her literally pushing in retaliation? All of them have made comments they have later regretted. 

Shannon's fixation on the drinks at dinner was peculiar and inappropriate, whether targeted at Kelly or not.  However, it doesn't seem like Kelly partook, or that Kelly's drinking (or not) had anything to do with what followed. After dinner, Kelly went to her room, as did Vicki.  Meghan was already resting.

Heather, Tamra, and Shannon stayed downstairs drinking, and then invited Vicki but told her not to bring Kelly. Tamra then texted a picture to Kelly to upset her. This is classic mean girl behavior.  Again, it's one thing for Tamra to want to lash out, but why are the others right there alongside her? They went upstairs to confront Kelly, and Heather filmed against Kelly's wishes. Vicki seemed to have a moment of not wanting to participate, but that didn't last.

I understand Kelly's frustration, and felt sorry that she had to get into the airport van with these women shortly thereafter.  I even understand referring to Shannon as a drunk.  Going to the chin hair was just unnecessary and indefensible. Heather's commentary in the background was also unseemly. Referring to Jolie - when Kelly's comment about Tamra's daughter supposedly sparked this whole thing - was below the belt.

What happened over the past few weeks that dropped Kelly from the Glamis 4, with Shannon taking her place?  The story unfolding on these episodes is incomplete at best.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Well, Meghan came across well this episode, but everyone else behaved badly.
I understand why Tamra was upset at Kelly, and didn't want to immediately pretend that the insult hadn't happened. Why are all the other women firmly on Tamra's side, especially if they saw her literally pushing in retaliation? All of them have made comments they have later regretted. 

Shannon's fixation on the drinks at dinner was peculiar and inappropriate, whether targeted at Kelly or not.  However, it doesn't seem like Kelly partook, or that Kelly's drinking (or not) had anything to do with what followed. After dinner, Kelly went to her room, as did Vicki.  Meghan was already resting.

Heather, Tamra, and Shannon stayed downstairs drinking, and then invited Vicki but told her not to bring Kelly. Tamra then texted a picture to Kelly to upset her. This is classic mean girl behavior.  Again, it's one thing for Tamra to want to lash out, but why are the others right there alongside her? They went upstairs to confront Kelly, and Heather filmed against Kelly's wishes. Vicki seemed to have a moment of not wanting to participate, but that didn't last.

I understand Kelly's frustration, and felt sorry that she had to get into the airport van with these women shortly thereafter.  I even understand referring to Shannon as a drunk.  Going to the chin hair was just unnecessary and indefensible. Heather's commentary in the background was also unseemly. Referring to Jolie - when Kelly's comment about Tamra's daughter supposedly sparked this whole thing - was below the belt.

What happened over the past few weeks that dropped Kelly from the Glamis 4, with Shannon taking her place?  The story unfolding on these episodes is incomplete at best.

I think the reason they are taking Tamra's side is pretty evident.  They love and care about Tamra, and don't like Kelly at all. And even completely putting aside their defending and rallying around their friend, both Shannon and Heather have their own valid reasons for not liking Kelly. 

The much bigger question is why Vicki isn't standing up for Kelly at all. Shannon, Tamra and Heather all leveled some very serious charges against Vicki last season (well deserved charges, IMO). Kelly has been very loyal to Vicki, to the point of ridiculousness. Yet Vicki is so desperate to be with the cool girls, that she just throws Kelly to the side. According to Tamra in her blog, it was Vicki who came down into the bar that night and started revealing private conversations that Kelly had told her about Tamra. I completely get Shannon, Tamra and Heather rallying around each other. They love each other and are going to be supportive. Vicki is no friend to anyone. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11