Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Bringing Up Old Ghosts

• Start Topic

Sorry if this has  been covered before but I was wrong about Vicki telling Kelly that Eddie was gay. I guess the explosive thing that supposedly actually happened is that Shannon confided in Vicki that David physically abused her.  Apparently he was arrested on a spousal abuse charge and had beaten her previously.  Vicki told this to Kelly who says to Shannon on the Bus Ride From Hell to the Airport "your husband beats you."

Now I find this hard to believe for the following reasons.  Shannon is a well-educated woman with a law degree from a wealthy family. She has the resources to leave an abusive husband.  David seems so nice and mellow -- I just cannot imagine him hitting anyone let alone his lovely, petite wife.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Gaily said:

I can't get the quotes to work. But, Meghan asking not to be tagged in tweets that disparage Shannon doesn't change that she was suspicious about Shannon's actions. If she were trying to just follow whatever the show narrative was, she could have gone the "they were just trying to make sure she felt like she was included" hogwash that Shannon, Heather and Tamra are spewing now. But instead she specifically calls out that she didn't understand what Shannon's motive was since Shannon was well aware of how volatile Kelly is when drunk. That to me speaks volumes and no amount of "Shannon is my friend" tweets changes that. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 7

Just watched a drunk Kelly video outside a club recently, and a reporter asked about her husband and she said: 

" I don't care about HIM- I am MBA- married but available ". She also said she doesn't like black guys or know any and was trying to convince some guy on the street to google her.....

Watching Kelly is like watching a train wreck....

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Gaily said:

Sorry if this has  been covered before but I was wrong about Vicki telling Kelly that Eddie was gay. I guess the explosive thing that supposedly actually happened is that Shannon confided in Vicki that David physically abused her.  Apparently he was arrested on a spousal abuse charge and had beaten her previously.  Vicki told this to Kelly who says to Shannon on the Bus Ride From Hell to the Airport "your husband beats you."

Now I find this hard to believe for the following reasons.  Shannon is a well-educated woman with a law degree from a wealthy family. She has the resources to leave an abusive husband.  David seems so nice and mellow -- I just cannot imagine him hitting anyone let alone his lovely, petite wife.

I will never defend Icky in ANY way...but to say that David does not seem like a wife abuser is really not something that makes sense, Imo. There is no type as far as abuse goes, for either abuser or victim. And wealthy women may choose to stay just as those without resources. Maybe David did beat her, or maybe he shoved her one time...and maybe she made the huge mistake of telling Icky. Whatever, bad choice if Shannon chose Icky to confide in. 

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, Gaily said:

He was arrested for domestic abuse.  Shannon has interviewed about it several times.  

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2015/10/07/shannon-beador-confirms-husband-was-arrested-years-ago-for-domestic-abuse-charges/

Shannon's story now is that there actually was no abuse. She says they had an argument and she wanted it to stop, so she called the police to get that result. I have never believed that. The dude pled guilty to two charges. And what kind of a woman takes police needed for serious efforts off of the street and accuses her husband of beating her, just because she is sick of arguing? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gaily said:

I certainly take Vicki's word with a full shaker full of salt. BUT education, wealth, social stature,  seemingly mellow demeanor ... none of these things preclude domestic violence.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Come and sit by me. More than anything, I am just disappointed. Although I'm not particularly shocked by Shannon. I've always been skeptical of her, especially after she revealed to Heather - on camera - that Tamra had told her Heather had an eating disorder. She said that just to try and turn Heather against Tamra when Heather was defending her. The tears in Heather's eyes looked real (I don't believe Heather is that good of an actress). There was no reason to share that with the world and it was spiteful beyond belief. 

I don't want to believe they were trying to set Kelly up, because I like the 3 of them better than I do Kelly. I think Kelly is a horrible human being and have since before this season ever premiered,  based on the TMZ footage. Nothing she has done on the show has altered that perception, although I admit there is nothing that she could do that would alter my feelings, since I hate a racist above all else. The thing is, while it is hard to admit that they did this nasty thing, I can still like them for the most part, just as I do friends and family that have done or said things I don't agree with at one time or another. They don't have to be perfect, and in this situation I don't think they were. I would love to find a way to say it was something other than what it was, but I think it was just what it appeared to be. Honestly, I would just love for one of them to say "we don't like her, don't trust her, think she is a horrible person, and wanted to make sure the world knew all about her".  That would be fine with me. 

We're usually of the same mind so sure!  lol

• Love 4

I actually enjoyed the parts of the show without Meaghan and Kelly.  I just cannot take those two.

Crass as they are, the others make me laugh!  None of us are watching this to watch them be perfect ladies, and I own that.

I, myself, have found trying to ride a bike after 30 years, hard.  It's embarrassing.

The ladies looked really rough out at the farm.

If Kelly returns, I am out next season.

Can pregnant Meghan not ride a bike either??

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I can't get the quotes to work. But, Meghan asking not to be tagged in tweets that disparage Shannon doesn't change that she was suspicious about Shannon's actions. If she were trying to just follow whatever the show narrative was, she could have gone the "they were just trying to make sure she felt like she was included" hogwash that Shannon, Heather and Tamra are spewing now. But instead she specifically calls out that she didn't understand what Shannon's motive was since Shannon was well aware of how volatile Kelly is when drunk. That to me speaks volumes and no amount of "Shannon is my friend" tweets changes that. 

You forgot the other tweet she made that I posted. She tweeted that she did not believe that Shannon had bad intentions but understood why Kelly might think otherwise because Kelly is...Kelly. So, Meghan is on record, via twitter, that she does not believe Shannon was trying to get Kelly drunk. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

OMG, I just watched the ending scene on the bus.  Kelly is one fucked up, mean bitch.  She made her bed, and the ladies put her in it.  They are sick of her shit.  She is unstable....drunk or sober, and she needs to learn she doesn't have to go scorched earth about every situation.  Bye Kelly!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I think Vicki was avoiding the Kelly BS because she just made up with the other ladies, and didn't want to mess that up.  I'm at a table for one as I like Vicki.  She brings the drama and comedy.

My theory on Vicki is I don't think she pays particularly close attention to others' lives.  My best example recently she was on WWHL with Sonja Morgan-last minute substitution.  Vicki first told of a "fight" she had with Luann over Rey -allegedly Rey wanted Vicki.  She then goes on to tell the story of Luann and Dr. Paul Nassif, meeting and leaving together.  Awhile later Vicki reads a text from her friend who was with her the night she let Paul and corrected Vicki saying it was Sonja who left with Paul not Luann.  It should be noted Vicki was en route to a reality star night at Mohegan Sun starring Vicki, Ramona, Teresa and Melissa.  So Vicki having met Ramona earlier at a Jill Zarin event took the opportunity to throw a little smack Luann's way and be a gossip girl.  Lost in this explanation is I see Tamra as a gatherer and hoarder of potentially damning info, Kelly I do believe spent way too much time getting the scoop on others and was oh so willing to share with anyone's company she valued-not realizing until it was too late Tamra hoards and then blabs.  Vicki to me half listens, decides how it applies to her life and pretty much just says whatever will close the deal.

I believe Vicki was honestly hurt that no one offered her comfort over her break up with Brooks.  My guess any shade she is throwing at Eddie or David, has more to do with her trying to even the keel and point out that these men weren't perfect and Vicki stood by her friends (she was even in Tamra's wedding) and supported their less than perfect relationships. 

The first season Shannon was on-before the big affair reveal, Terry said something about Vicki had said David made a pass at her.  Vicki vehemently denied it and Terry got that -I am so screwed look, he claimed part of his disgust with David was that Vicki (and production) had claimed David had made a pass.  So I think Vicki goes large and really doesn't have a lot to back it up-she just likes to keep the negative attention off she and Brooks at the time.

What I am tired of though is this excusing away really bad behavior blaming it in their feelings were hurt so they should be forgiven for their transgressions, and if one won't buy into that line of thought, they should be forgiven because they are Christians.  I am quite certain "forgiven" has a little different meaning than the way these women apply it.  If all Christians forgave every transgressions the divorce rate would be a whole lot lower. 

• Love 6
On 10/19/2016 at 5:29 PM, LilaFowler said:

If I were Kelly, I would have poured that double tequila into Shannon's glass.  Bitch.  I can't wait until David cheats on this ugly old crone again. 

The jury is still out for me regarding her intentions with boozy Kelly but two things.  1) I think Shannon would not have minded if Kelly poured her drink into hers and 2) I don't think she has done anything to deserve being cheated on again

• Love 23

The jury is still out for me regarding her intentions with boozy Kelly but two things.  1) I think Shannon would not have minded if Kelly poured her drink into hers and 2) I don't think she has done anything to deserve being cheated on again

Agreed, agreed, agreed, 100X agreed.  The ONLY reason I can ever imagine saying that anyone "deserves" to be cheated on would be if they themselves were cheating.  And even then.........not my circus, not my monkeys.

I saw the whole "getting Kelly drunk" thing a little differently.  She was sitting at the table being all pouty and miserable.  Everyone else was trying to have a good time.  So I believe Shannon was just trying to bring Kelly into the fold by (1) ordering her what she would probably order herself and (2) trying to make her part of the group, at least for the last night.

All I know is the reunion should be interesting as heck.  And it sounds like there's a Twitter gag order in place on these women!  LOL

• Love 13
1 minute ago, doublek61 said:

Agreed, agreed, agreed, 100X agreed.  The ONLY reason I can ever imagine saying that anyone "deserves" to be cheated on would be if they themselves were cheating.  And even then.........not my circus, not my monkeys.

I saw the whole "getting Kelly drunk" thing a little differently.  She was sitting at the table being all pouty and miserable.  Everyone else was trying to have a good time.  So I believe Shannon was just trying to bring Kelly into the fold by (1) ordering her what she would probably order herself and (2) trying to make her part of the group, at least for the last night.

All I know is the reunion should be interesting as heck.  And it sounds like there's a Twitter gag order in place on these women!  LOL

Love that quote.  

• Love 4
On 10/17/2016 at 10:14 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Hopefully Kelly ,who needs to be gone from this show ,will also be Vicki's backdoor ticket off the show.

Please don't ever use Vicki and backdoor in the same sentence again.  Aaaaccck! 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Gaily said:

There is no type for an abuser and there is no type of woman who is immune to being abused.  I volunteer for a women's shelter and can tell you we see all kinds, women you would NEVER dream had felt trapped in their marriage with no escape even though they were the bread winners for their families.  And when you go to their court dates with them, you see these meek, mild mannered looking men and wonder how the hell everyone got here.  You can never guess about what goes on behind closed doors.

• Love 14

I was in a physically abusive relationship and I think on the surface and to the community he looked like the more level headed, calm, & trustworthy person. He was a happy person often and extremely funny. But when he gets mad he had no problem punching me or slapping me. Like that was very logical and fair to him. If I continued talking or arguing w him or not listening to his orders he'd hit me until I did. Then hours or the next day he'd be happy and calm again. It escalated to the point I was hospitalized then I left. 

• Love 18

That poor man, Joe Hayden at the Bailey Farm.  He had to put up with some really stupid behavior from almost everyone, but especially Vicki.  And Vicki reminded me of an octopus when she wrapped herself around him and started squeezing.  As politely as he could - bless his heart - he actually had to ask her to let go of him.  He's probably a married man - not a concern for Vicki.  Anyone with a penis will suffice.

That huge beret Kelly wore on her trip with Meghan looked stupid.  And the top she wore to play croquet - abominable.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I was in a physically abusive relationship and I think on the surface and to the community he looked like the more level headed, calm, & trustworthy person. He was a happy person often and extremely funny. But when he gets mad he had no problem punching me or slapping me. Like that was very logical and fair to him. If I continued talking or arguing w him or not listening to his orders he'd hit me until I did. Then hours or the next day he'd be happy and calm again. It escalated to the point I was hospitalized then I left. 

Sorry for your pain and I am glad you got out.  It is an experience that stays with one for life.  Insight from victims of domestic violence is far more valuable than one who claims to know what they would do if faced with the same.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, Petunia & thank goodness that you were able to get out <3

• Love 8
22 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

For me, if Super Sleuth Meghan is questioning the shot pushing on Kelly, then there is definitely something there. I also think that Meghan realized something was definitely happening and she wanted no part of it. Either Heather, Tamra, and Shannon (or some formation of the three) told her that there was something happening or she figured it out and decided she wanted no part in any of the nastiness. And no matter how you spin it, Tamra, Heather and Shannon were exhibiting some very mean and sketchy behavior. 

This makes sense to me. Megan was conspicuously absent from most of the activities. I get that she was pregnant, but she hardly interacted with the other women at all! I wouldn't be surprised if she knew something was up. 

22 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Completely agree. It was beyond rude. Especially for Shannon to say, on camera, that drinking cream wasn't something she found appealing.  Rude behavior towards such nice hosts for sure, since this is their business. At the very least, you pretend to drink it. Of course I am bitter because I love Bailey's and the very idea that they were given such an opportunity to be right where it is being manufactured, yet didn't partake, irritates me. 

I'm not a huge fan of Baileys, but I'm with you. I find it a bit too sweet, but I'd definitely sip a shot. It's just polite. I'm planning a trip to Ireland in April and I'm a bit of a picky eater. Not gagging-like-Vicki levels, of course. But I plan on eating what is served and being very gracious about it. These women are one step above traveling like the Duggars - and bringing their own snacks to the meal!!!

I do understand that some food aversions are VERY strong. But you could at least just offer a polite "no thank you", without making sounds or insulting the product itself. 

21 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The blogs must comply with the chosen storyline or they are edited to fit it, that does not apply to their tweets especially since Meghan has chosen, according to the rumors, to not return next year. I take her/their tweets more seriously and she told Lizzie and Gretchen to not tag her in tweets that disparage Shannon when they were talking smack about her. "Meghan King Edmonds ‏@MeghanKEdmonds 18h18 hours ago

@GretchenRossi @LizzieRovsek Shannon is my friend, ladies. If u talk smack ab her pls don't tag me."

You can be friends with someone and still not approve of things they do. We're all human; we all make mistakes and get caught up in the moment. I generally like Shannon and I won't say I think she's the son of Satan after this episode. But I do think there was some ill intent there and I didn't care for it. I think Megan may have felt the same way too, hence keeping clear of the shennanigans. But she's also close enough to Shannon to not want to outright throw her under the bus. She's choosing her words wisely, IMO. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Bottom line for me, just because I am disgusted with the bullying behavior of S/H/T, doesn’t mean I think any differently about unstable, mean, obnoxious Kelly.

PREACH! I want to copy and paste this and use it to preface all my posts. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm so sorry you went through this. I'm glad you were able to get out before it was too late. But thank you for sharing; it's so important for people to know that abusers come in all shapes, colors, forms, sizes, etc. 

On the other hand, I have a rough around the edges hubby. He is pretty surly a lot of the times, but he's never laid a hand on me. I once found out that old friends of ours (the wives) were saying they thought he probably hit me! Dude is just a curmudgeon, but he loves me to death and would never hurt me. 

It just goes to show that looks can be very deceiving and we should never make judgements based on that alone. I feel like, when you do that, you're almost making it harder for victims to take a stand - because they'll think no one will believe them.

• Love 10

Vicki. You are not young, cute, wacky, or zany. You are not dating 'boys'. Fake vomit noises and picky eating. Shrieking about the oh so gross icky yucky perfectly natural bodily functions of humans and animals. Flashing boobs and saying you gotta go potty.

Lying when you're caught doing wrong.

What you think is hilarious hijinks just makes you look like a toddler.

• Love 21

They only went to the Baileys farm so producers could show us, once again, how crude and awful these women are. Gah I hate to even claim them as same species, much less gender. 

Also to add to Icky's disgusting ways, the snoring thing when she is bored is like what a four-year old with no manners...not cute, not funny. Or the gagging and fake vomiting when anyone eats anything that is not plain meat and potatoes. She truly is like the worst, most unappealing overgrown child who was raised with no guidelines or manners. And her sexual assaults on innocent men are becoming a real issue, at least for me. Any male behaving in that way would, I believe, be blackballed from TV. She is the female Donald Trump is more ways than one, racist, sexual assaulter, rude to non-Americans, etc

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Glad you got out Petunia! I hope that you are now happy!!

ETA: PTV, like TWOP, is a family. I know none of you in real life, but we all wish the best for each other. I for one think this is a beautiful thing!

Edited by tvfanatic13
Kumbaya
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, wheresmypizza said:

Vicki. You are not young, cute, wacky, or zany. You are not dating 'boys'. Fake vomit noises and picky eating. Shrieking about the oh so gross icky yucky perfectly natural bodily functions of humans and animals. Flashing boobs and saying you gotta go potty.

Lying when you're caught doing wrong.

What you think is hilarious hijinks just makes you look like a toddler.

That is the essence of Vicki.   So very charming.   The fake gagging/wretching noise gets on my very last nerve - and she's already on the rest of them just by existing.  I seriously cannot stand that woman, to the point that I'm embarassed to admit that I can actually be that annoyed by someone on TV.  

• Love 11
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think that what Kelly needed to do was to apologize to Tamra off camera. Tamra doesn't want to talk about her daughter on camera. Despite the criticism that Tamra has made it her storyline, she was going through this custody deal with her for 2 years, and she never talked about it on the show. The stuff was never addressed in any real manner until Vicki said something nasty last year. Something about being surprised to see Tamra act like she was if she didn't want to lose custody of her other kids. That infuriated Tamra, and was the reason she addressed it at the reuinon last season. That was the first we had heard Tamra really talk about what was going on with Sidney. This year she mentioned it once, but I understand Tamra wanting to control the narrative of all of this. She has to be careful about how it is talked about. When Kelly said what she did, she took any control that Tamra has about the situation out of her hands and made it part of the story in a way that Tamra didn't like. 

Others have said that Tamra looked like the devil when Kelly was apologizing. I thought she looked terrified and desperate. She looked like she was shaking and trying to control herself. I think she was afraid of what Kelly might say in her apology. Something like "you are a great mother and I recognize that what is going on with your daughter has a lot to do with her father and how he feels about you". She might have said something about how wrong Sidney was to not speak to her mother. Even in saying something sympathetic, she  could have said something that might have made things worse with Sidney. It was telling when Kelly went over to her later and tried to hug her and again apologize. Tamra's very strained words and haunted eyes, as she said "I don't want to talk about this right now" said it all to me. She did not want to further any discussion about Sidney on camera. Kelly should have done this all of camera with Tamra.  

To me, this is analogous to the season 9 three-ring circus revolving around Tamra's "betrayal" of Shannon vis-à-vis a "secret" that Shannon shared with Tamra in front of a camera crew ... except in that instance, Shannon at least explicitly asked/instructed that Tamra refrain from disseminating the information to anyone else. I don't think Tamra is entitled to more narrative autonomy over an issue that she broached of her own volition earlier in the season, especially since Tamra and Heather have established that they are more the delighted to put on shout rumors - not even documented and admitted facts like the fractured relationships between Sydney and her mom - about the nominal drug dealing of cast mates and their spouses; their foreclosures/mortgage refinancings; child support evasions; and the abuse inflicted upon legions of luxury department store employees.

14 hours ago, Gaily said:

David was charged with battery of a cohabitant and plead out to probation and a treatment program. This does not happen sans evidence to a wealthy white man if the victim (in this case, Shannon) is uncooperative and/or only telephoned the police in order to curtail an argument. Either Shannon was lying then for the duration of the proceedings and did an, um, bang-up job of it or she is lying now in retconning the situation as a merely verbal altercation.

What piques my curiosity most about the previews from next week is that TAMRA is the one shrieking like a hyena in Vicki's face after the bombshells start detonating. Although there was a clip of Shannon visibly upset in the midseason montage, it is interesting that it was also Tams who went on social media during the spring to proclaim that viewers would never believe what transgression Vicki had perpetrated now.

It will be horrific to watch the melee that ensues over this since the legal facts belie the story that Shannon peddled when she first joined the show.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

David was charged with battery of a cohabitant and plead out to probation and a treatment program. This does not happen sans evidence to a wealthy white man if the victim (in this case, Shannon) is uncooperative and/or only telephoned the police in order to curtail an argument. Either Shannon was lying then for the duration of the proceedings and did an, um, bang-up job of it or she is lying now in retconning the situation as a merely verbal altercation.

What piques my curiosity most about the previews from next week is that TAMRA is the one shrieking like a hyena in Vicki's face after the bombshells start detonating. Although there was a clip of Shannon visibly upset in the midseason montage, it is interesting that it was also Tams who went on social media during the spring to proclaim that viewers would never believe what transgression Vicki had perpetrated now.

It will be horrific to watch the melee that ensues over this since the legal facts belie the story that Shannon peddled when she first joined the show.

When David was charged in 2003, there was a provision in the law in California that the victim, should he or she refuse to testify the hearsay statements of the victim to the responding peace officers could be used in lieu of the victim's testimony at a preliminary hearing.   http://www.socalcriminallawyer.com/victim-testimony-in-domestic-violence-cases-in-california/ This was done in part because many people would not follow through with the original complaint and that left the prosecutor's with having to charge the victims.  Much of this was post OJ Simpson.  In all likelihood David took a pleas before it ever went to trial on misdemeanor charges.  He has no felony record.

What does not ring true is Shannon had no order of protection according to all those who researched the case, kick out orders for David to leave the house.  These are usually triggered when minor children are involved.  David's case was also expunged after three years indicating that he successfully completed a domestic violence course. David's plea was for "willfully and unlawfully used force and violence," against his wife. He could have thrown pots against the wall locked her out of the house any number of things, not necessarily battery on Shannon's person.

My issue with throwing this situation in the mix is Shannon is the victim.  It seems rather strange to throw that in her face because Kelly was pissed off at her.  Kelly seems to know no bounds when it comes to hurting people's family.  So if Kelly was doing this to prove Vicki tells secrets, ala Tamra busting Kelly, it was a stupid move.

Shannon never denied the arrest.  The issue was never part of the show until now.  Since the issue has never come up on the show how can Shannon be accused of lying about it and most of all is it really any of Vicki or Kelly's business.?  This entire fight makes little or no sense.  Kelly was the one who originally dropped the bombshell about Tamra repeating things told her.  Vicki's only claim is "everyone lies" and apparently in Vicki's case blackmails as well. 

• Love 4

It happened a couple years ago and I mentioning it brought up some memories. It hard to elaborate on and it's embarrassing to say. It's a very isolating to experience. I think it was hard to go through since it's humiliating and such an aloneness. 

Maybe shannon didn't want to break up her family or ruin Davids rep and forgave him and he changed I don't know. I know in my situation it wasn't going to change I was pretty fucked up physically and i still had things to live for. That is something to hold onto. Even if your face is black and blue and you have broken ribs and strangers stare  at the store and you built lies to protect that seem huge or you feel like all the happiness you believed in was a farce and love is bullshit. There were things that mattered before, even simple stuff you can desperately grasp at, in the moment as you try to rebuild and even if you don't believe it...pretend and eventually you start to think you are worthy of enjoying the weather or a cute animal or cup of coffee since you still are alive. At some point you won't be too ugly to wear makeup or too stupid to speak. You become a person again. I go through the motions and don't feel things the way I once did even all this time later but it's something. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not a huge fan of Baileys, but I'm with you. I find it a bit too sweet, but I'd definitely sip a shot. It's just polite. I'm planning a trip to Ireland in April and I'm a bit of a picky eater. Not gagging-like-Vicki levels, of course. But I plan on eating what is served and being very gracious about it. These women are one step above traveling like the Duggars - and bringing their own snacks to the meal!!!

You can be friends with someone and still not approve of things they do. We're all human; we all make mistakes and get caught up in the moment. I generally like Shannon and I won't say I think she's the son of Satan after this episode. But I do think there was some ill intent there and I didn't care for it. I think Megan may have felt the same way too, hence keeping clear of the shennanigans. But she's also close enough to Shannon to not want to outright throw her under the bus. She's choosing her words wisely, IMO. 

I had an "experience" on my 25th Birthday with "butterballs"-now anything vaguely mint-y or schnapps-y just doesn't seem appetizing, even as I approach my 48th. LOL. But had I been at the farm, I would've taken a sip...I ain't mad at cream in my coffee! 

Have a blast in Ireland, how awesome is that???

that's how I reconciled the rift in my head too; I generally like Shannon and Heather but I didn't like *that*.  But sometimes I feel that way about my own friends IRL so... 

Edited by teapot
  • Love 4

Preach, Petunia.

I'm lucky to be alive also. Going through DV does something to women. It affects your confidence, your sense of self...it destroys you. I feel like I died, even though I survived. The isolation puts you in a place you never knew existed and it is really hard to come back, even after leaving the relationship. And i have 2 university degrees and to the outside world I was living a luxurious life.

So. David and Shannon's case: they're still together. I don't want to write 'it can't have been that bad', because too much of that happens. To me though, living in a DV situation is long term impossible and someone will end up dead. Learning all this about the Beadors makes me look at Shannon differently, definitely. As written above, maybe David did lock her out or throw something at a wall  and did not actually touch her, maybe it happened in front of one of the children. Maybe he pulled up and just happened to have been pushed beyond his limits that day. I could see how that could happen. If alcohol was involved, that would make sense. David completing that course and also committing with Shannon to repairing a marriage devastated by his affair, that really shows some long term commitment to their relationship. Maybe it's because of the 3 girls. Just writing about this is difficult because of the trauma. It's hard to apply logic to it and to turn their relationship this way and that, and examine the angles, like I find myself doing when considering different behaviors I see on this show. If this is the source of some of what we are hearing is to come, I'm not surprised. Also, I found Shannon's flying at Meghan in the first couple of episodes of last season a little wack. It might explain some of Shannon's neurotic behavior around health, too. 

I really want Kelly gone. Her constant digs at her husband, both on the show and on some of the social media that has been posted here combined with her whining at him about a vow renewal before Glamis? What is it, Kelly? Do you want to be married to this guy or not? Kelly just seems to think that she can be a (that word she through at the Sushi party) and remain entitled to a loving spouse and adoring friends. She's lucky Glamis happened because it interrupted the downward curve of her relationship with the other hos momentarily. For a couple of episodes. Kelly craves acceptance most from Heather and Shannon. I can't figure out why. She apologised to Heather before and during Glamis and the only reason things plateaued was because Heather was in shock and Meghan and Shannon briefly got put on the outs. For a minute, Kelly was in the cool group due solely to her geographical location at the time of the accident. 

This reunion has definitely got the potential to be explosive. I would ADORE to see Kelly sacked by Andy during the reunion. We've seen Porsha kicked off and prevented from participating. And if Kenya hadn't fully incited that (she was equally culpable IMO) I believe Porsha would have been sacked. Maybe the social media silence does mean something big went down. Or maybe it's all a strategy to build the suspense. Whatever. It's working. 

• Love 8
On October 21, 2016 at 5:54 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I think that what Kelly needed to do was to apologize to Tamra off camera. Tamra doesn't want to talk about her daughter on camera. Despite the criticism that Tamra has made it her storyline, she was going through this custody deal with her for 2 years, and she never talked about it on the show. The stuff was never addressed in any real manner until Vicki said something nasty last year. Something about being surprised to see Tamra act like she was if she didn't want to lose custody of her other kids. That infuriated Tamra, and was the reason she addressed it at the reuinon last season. That was the first we had heard Tamra really talk about what was going on with Sidney. This year she mentioned it once, but I understand Tamra wanting to control the narrative of all of this. She has to be careful about how it is talked about. When Kelly said what she did, she took any control that Tamra has about the situation out of her hands and made it part of the story in a way that Tamra didn't like.

Oh, Tamra didn't like? I'm sure Slade Slimy didn't like either when Tamra brought his child support payments -or lack thereof- on camera, didn't seem to matter to her though, she even called his ex on camera to see what the ex thought of that...imagine if Kelly called Simon on camera to discuss Sydney?? All hell would break loose! Lol lol 

I think they are all garbage people, but what's right is right. Same rules and standards should apply to all.

• Love 5

It seems that even though Kelly apologizes way more than any of the other housewives across the franchise, apologizing is new to her, like she just learned it in therapy and now runs around apologizing thinking this is the cure-all to her bad behavior. She's shocked when her apologies don't work to win people back.

I think Kelly has BPD, I have someone in my family like that. They very much live in the moment, all of her past transgressions are-Kelly believes-in the past. She really doesn't understand how her actions have consequences that go on into the future, until the hurts she has perpetrated have healed-if they ever even do. It's not that easy to win people back after Kelly attacks them, and Kelly doesn't seem to get that.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

This reunion has definitely got the potential to be explosive. I would ADORE to see Kelly sacked by Andy during the reunion. We've seen Porsha kicked off and prevented from participating. And if Kenya hadn't fully incited that (she was equally culpable IMO) I believe Porsha would have been sacked. Maybe the social media silence does mean something big went down. Or maybe it's all a strategy to build the suspense. Whatever. It's working. 

I think the social media silence is due in part to Twitter getting hacked, lol lol, it was down for a while, and the silence was sweet :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

It seems that even though Kelly apologizes way more than any of the other housewives across the franchise, apologizing is new to her, like she just learned it in therapy and now runs around apologizing thinking this is the cure-all to her bad behavior. She's shocked when her apologies don't work to win people back.

I think Kelly has BPD, I have someone in my family like that. They very much live in the moment, all of her past transgressions are-Kelly believes-in the past. She really doesn't understand how her actions have consequences that go on into the future, until the hurts she has perpetrated have healed-if they ever even do. It's not that easy to win people back after Kelly attacks them, and Kelly doesn't seem to get that.

I so agree with your statement about Kelly thinking (and I am guessing she has spent a lifetime misbehaving, spouting horrific words and apologizing without consequences) that the others owe her because it is not as if she lit someone on fire-she just castigated them and reduced the to tears.

I found this passage from Kelly Dudd's blog interesting:

"I am naïve sometimes I thought if I apologized for what I said, then Tamra would apologize for hitting me and telling me "F*** YOU".  As a lifelong Christian, my faith taught me we are suppose to forgive those who trespass against you.  Tamra claims I test her faith, but as a new convert she doesn't seem to have learned the most fundamental lesson."

So should Kelly have not have forgiven Tamra, as a lifelong Christian for her trespasses?  I believe forgiveness is about what you do , not what the other person you are forgiving does or does not do.  Perhaps Kelly is confusing forgiveness with reconciliation.  Both of these fine Christian women claim they forgive due to their Christianity, I just don't see where an apology from the other is suppose to be the catalyst to forgiveness.  As far as reconciliation I think Shannon has showed a fair amount of consistency on forgiving Vicki but not really reconciling their relationship to previous closeness.  One should be allowed to forgive but not reconcile or forget if the other person is abusive.  To me Kelly is being a hypocrite-a word I pretty much hate from overuse on the RH franchises but she is the one bringing up foregiviness within the Christian faith.

Kelly et al, fighting over Christianity reminds me of this story:    http://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/09/25/Manson-injured-in-prison-fight/6950464932800/  Charles Manson set afire by another inmate over religious argument.  Sometimes there is just isn't anyone to cheer for in the battle.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I so agree with your statement about Kelly thinking (and I am guessing she has spent a lifetime misbehaving, spouting horrific words and apologizing without consequences) that the others owe her because it is not as if she lit someone on fire-she just castigated them and reduced the to tears.

I found this passage from Kelly Dudd's blog interesting:

"I am naïve sometimes I thought if I apologized for what I said, then Tamra would apologize for hitting me and telling me "F*** YOU".  As a lifelong Christian, my faith taught me we are suppose to forgive those who trespass against you.  Tamra claims I test her faith, but as a new convert she doesn't seem to have learned the most fundamental lesson."

So should Kelly have not have forgiven Tamra, as a lifelong Christian for her trespasses?  I believe forgiveness is about what you do , not what the other person you are forgiving does or does not do.  Perhaps Kelly is confusing forgiveness with reconciliation.  Both of these fine Christian women claim they forgive due to their Christianity, I just don't see where an apology from the other is suppose to be the catalyst to forgiveness.  As far as reconciliation I think Shannon has showed a fair amount of consistency on forgiving Vicki but not really reconciling their relationship to previous closeness.  One should be allowed to forgive but not reconcile or forget if the other person is abusive.  To me Kelly is being a hypocrite-a word I pretty much hate from overuse on the RH franchises but she is the one bringing up foregiviness within the Christian faith.

Kelly et al, fighting over Christianity reminds me of this story:    http://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/09/25/Manson-injured-in-prison-fight/6950464932800/  Charles Manson set afire by another inmate over religious argument.  Sometimes there is just isn't anyone to cheer for in the battle.

You are SO RIGHT! "Sometimes there isn't anyone to cheer for in the battle". Spot on and a very adult lesson. this sad little nugget just really resonated ...

but you know what? Justice - or karma- sometimes comes in mysterious ways, when u least expect it...

• Love 2
Just now, Watermelon said:

Uhhh...Apologizing to someone in order to receive an apology in return kiiiiiinda makes it seem like you weren't actually sorry in the first place.

Well said.  Like giving a compliment expecting one back.

• Love 4

To me..an apology doesnt really matter unless the behavior changes.  This is what both tamra and kelly fail to realize.

I recall tamra saying sorry to shannon during the season 9 reunion with shannon thanking her for apoligizing..but that tamra has failed to adjust the behavior that shes apolizing for.

I had a friendship with someone...and when they crossed a line I deemed unacceptabke...i knew i had to forgive them to move on...but i couldnt be friends with them.  Ive seen them a few times since then and we are cool..but in no way am I friends with them...at least where we were before.

You can forgive..doesnt mean you forget nor can go back to how things were before.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Oh, Tamra didn't like? I'm sure Slade Slimy didn't like either when Tamra brought his child support payments -or lack thereof- on camera, didn't seem to matter to her though, she even called his ex on camera to see what the ex thought of that...imagine if Kelly called Simon on camera to discuss Sydney?? All hell would break loose! Lol lol 

I think they are all garbage people, but what's right is right. Same rules and standards should apply to all.

I never liked the way Tamra went so hard after Gretchen. She was just relentless, but I guess Gretchen really was somewhat of a Grifter. 

The thing that makes what Tamra did to Gretchen and Slade different in some way to me, is that Gretchen and Slade were using the fact that Slade's son was ill as a storyline, seemingly to get sympathy. At the same time, Slade was doing everything he could to avoid paying child support on this same very ill child. They were the ones who involved this poor child into their story, and if these were people that I hated, it would have been very hard for me - in the same situation - to not point out the ugly facts of what was going on. The thing about the stuff with Kelly is that she doen't have any reason to hate Tamra to such a huge extent. They don't have any history of friction or battles. Tamra was good to and supportive of Kelly right up until they got to Ireland. I do think that in many ways Tamra went too far with Gretchen, but I think the situations are very different. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I never liked the way Tamra went so hard after Gretchen. She was just relentless, but I guess Gretchen really was somewhat of a Grifter. 

The thing that makes what Tamra did to Gretchen and Slade different in some way to me, is that Gretchen and Slade were using the fact that Slade's son was ill as a storyline, seemingly to get sympathy. At the same time, Slade was doing everything he could to avoid paying child support on this same very ill child. They were the ones who involved this poor child into their story, and if these were people that I hated, it would have been very hard for me - in the same situation - to not point out the ugly facts of what was going on. The thing about the stuff with Kelly is that she doen't have any reason to hate Tamra to such a huge extent. They don't have any history of friction or battles. Tamra was good to and supportive of Kelly right up until they got to Ireland. I do think that in many ways Tamra went too far with Gretchen, but I think the situations are very different. 

Sadly, I think what some of the others had against Gretchen, her off camera persona vs. on camera persona, is something Kelly did not realize she was falling in to.  I think Meghan came on with a bit of a mentor with Heather and an agenda. (Alienate Shannon.)  I don't think Kelly had a credible mentor.  Tamra and Vicki are barracudas and really, really need the job,  know how to work with the producers.  Both to some degree contributed to Kelly's overconfidence.   

The last straw for Kelly's detractors is when she decided to make the last supper bout her and realized the others really had no desire to pal around off camera.  Be it for the reason they wanted an end of the trip autopsy or just were really tired of Kelly's antics.  I also think Kelly and Vicki although espousing to share a great party vibe and sense of humor, really don't have the same sense of humor.  I see it this way Vicki is a grandma with grown children and has frequently had to have had things explained to her.  Vicki's idea of a good time is to grab the ass of some local, flash her boobs and whoop it up.  I think Kelly likes the drinking and frat humor.    Kelly had far more in common with Shannon and Heather with children the same age and being wealthy.  She should have tried to foster those relationships instead of alienate.  Anyone is a fool to think that Heather is not given preferential treatment since the producers now have she and Terry on four shows.

Kelly seemed quite crushed that Vicki rejected her and ran back to Tamra and assumed she was the topic of their conversation.  I for one will be curious how obnoxious Kelly got during the nose flick business.  There was something that went awry very quickly, Kelly could not have possibly gotten that butt hurt over the others not getting her sense of humor.

Tamra was actually nice to Kelly from the get go as opposed to Gretchen she she always pretty much detested.

• Love 6

I don’t believe Shannon and Heather were trying to get Kelly drunk. They were all drinking. It’s not like no one else took a shot of Fireball from the Chanel flask. As for the double shots Shannon ordered..she was drinking too. Pretty much every scene these women have – alcohol is involved.

Kelly tagline "I don't throw parties. I am the party!" I can recall 2 separate times she said what comes before Part B…answer Part-A. I don’t think she is talking about nose candy, more so liquor like Vicki’s whooping it up.

Kelly brought a bottle of wine to Meghan’s – during her kitchen renovation and a bottle of wine to Vicki’s. She bragged to the other women of having a bar on every floor of her house. She also showed them the liquor she had in the closet when Meghan had to do her IVF shot. She drank at the 70’s party, she drank at her apology to Shannon meeting after the 70’s party. She drank at Meghan’s baby shower dinner, she drank at the Merv Griffin estate, she drank in Glamis, she drank at the Tamra mud spa lunch.

Shannon ordered her a shot and Kelly said no. Shannon changed the order to a double shot, Kelly didn’t want it. She sure wasn’t FORCED (I do not recall any footage of Kelly being held upside down, with Shannon and Heather shoving a funnel and tube down her throat) Kelly don’t complain about others not understanding boundaries and the word no or stop when you have the same issue. More than one person told you to stop with the nose flick, 3 people told you it was annoying and 3 people told you to stop.

I think if Bravo showed footage of Shannon and Heather saying oh this is going to be so good to set Kelly up and get her drunk tonight…I still wouldn’t care.

Can someone explain the Meghan Kelly connection? How do they know each other and since when? I am still finding it hard to believe that if Meghan has been a friend for years that she NEVER witnessed Kelly’s volatile mood swings until this show.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Bebecat said:

They only went to the Baileys farm so producers could show us, once again, how crude and awful these women are. Gah I hate to even claim them as same species, much less gender. 

Also to add to Icky's disgusting ways, the snoring thing when she is bored is like what a four-year old with no manners...not cute, not funny. Or the gagging and fake vomiting when anyone eats anything that is not plain meat and potatoes. She truly is like the worst, most unappealing overgrown child who was raised with no guidelines or manners. And her sexual assaults on innocent men are becoming a real issue, at least for me. Any male behaving in that way would, I believe, be blackballed from TV. She is the female Donald Trump is more ways than one, racist, sexual assaulter, rude to non-Americans, etc

Not just her groping, but her pushing the male producer (monkey fucker guy) against a wall.  Someone needs to make an issue of it.  It would not be tolerated if a female producer was pushed against a wall by a male.  MF also commented she's a large woman so she is strong.  RHOC needs to make the filming a safe zone for all.  Not just talent.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don’t believe Shannon and Heather were trying to get Kelly drunk. They were all drinking. It’s not like no one else took a shot of Fireball from the Chanel flask. As for the double shots Shannon ordered..she was drinking too. Pretty much every scene these women have – alcohol is involved.

Kelly tagline "I don't throw parties. I am the party!" I can recall 2 separate times she said what comes before Part B…answer Part-A. I don’t think she is talking about nose candy, more so liquor like Vicki’s whooping it up.

Kelly brought a bottle of wine to Meghan’s – during her kitchen renovation and a bottle of wine to Vicki’s. She bragged to the other women of having a bar on every floor of her house. She also showed them the liquor she had in the closet when Meghan had to do her IVF shot. She drank at the 70’s party, she drank at her apology to Shannon meeting after the 70’s party. She drank at Meghan’s baby shower dinner, she drank at the Merv Griffin estate, she drank in Glamis, she drank at the Tamra mud spa lunch.

Shannon ordered her a shot and Kelly said no. Shannon changed the order to a double shot, Kelly didn’t want it. She sure wasn’t FORCED (I do not recall any footage of Kelly being held upside down, with Shannon and Heather shoving a funnel and tube down her throat) Kelly don’t complain about others not understanding boundaries and the word no or stop when you have the same issue. More than one person told you to stop with the nose flick, 3 people told you it was annoying and 3 people told you to stop.

I think if Bravo showed footage of Shannon and Heather saying oh this is going to be so good to set Kelly up and get her drunk tonight…I still wouldn’t care.

Can someone explain the Meghan Kelly connection? How do they know each other and since when? I am still finding it hard to believe that if Meghan has been a friend for years that she NEVER witnessed Kelly’s volatile mood swings until this show.

When Kelly's debut scene aired, Meghan noted in her confessional that they had known each other "for about a year," if I'm not mistaken. This was not some long and profound sisterhood or even a connection as substantive as that between Meghan and Heather.

And the argument about boundaries goes both ways. If Shannon and Heather are so horrified about Kelly's puerility with respect to the physical comedy routine, then they should probably learn to acquiesce to the first rejection of liquor from others.

And it is as if the woman brandishing the Fireball flask declined to imbibe the Fireball herself.

20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When David was charged in 2003, there was a provision in the law in California that the victim, should he or she refuse to testify the hearsay statements of the victim to the responding peace officers could be used in lieu of the victim's testimony at a preliminary hearing.   http://www.socalcriminallawyer.com/victim-testimony-in-domestic-violence-cases-in-california/ This was done in part because many people would not follow through with the original complaint and that left the prosecutor's with having to charge the victims.  Much of this was post OJ Simpson.  In all likelihood David took a pleas before it ever went to trial on misdemeanor charges.  He has no felony record.

What does not ring true is Shannon had no order of protection according to all those who researched the case, kick out orders for David to leave the house.  These are usually triggered when minor children are involved.  David's case was also expunged after three years indicating that he successfully completed a domestic violence course. David's plea was for "willfully and unlawfully used force and violence," against his wife. He could have thrown pots against the wall locked her out of the house any number of things, not necessarily battery on Shannon's person.

My issue with throwing this situation in the mix is Shannon is the victim.  It seems rather strange to throw that in her face because Kelly was pissed off at her.  Kelly seems to know no bounds when it comes to hurting people's family.  So if Kelly was doing this to prove Vicki tells secrets, ala Tamra busting Kelly, it was a stupid move.

Shannon never denied the arrest.  The issue was never part of the show until now.  Since the issue has never come up on the show how can Shannon be accused of lying about it and most of all is it really any of Vicki or Kelly's business.?  This entire fight makes little or no sense.  Kelly was the one who originally dropped the bombshell about Tamra repeating things told her.  Vicki's only claim is "everyone lies" and apparently in Vicki's case blackmails as well. 

When Shannon issued a comment to the press about the incident upon first joining the show, she asserted that "there was nothing physical" and insisted that she had telephoned the police "because she just wanted the fight to stop." Personally, I think the premise that Shannon communicated the same narrative to authorities yet David still found himself in such straits as to accept a plea deal not only strains but shatters credulity. Likewise, I do not believe that a USC-educated attorney possessed of a demonstrably ample intellect would enlist the local PD just because she "wanted the fight to stop." THAT is to what I'm referring when I say that she was either lying then or is lying now in her presentation of events.

Similarly, I do not think that a battery charge would be sustained by pots chucked against the wall and/or Shannon finding herself locked out of the house; he admitted in open court to "willfully and unlawfully using force and violence against her," after all, and it's not as if the Beadors don't have the resources to access effective legal representation.

In any case, this is an instance where I will earnestly exclaim, "won't someone think of the children?!" I think that Vicki is her characteristically porcine self for weaponizing this and that Kelly is just as despicable in the same regard.

But it doesn't mean that, all variables considered, I find Shannons's remarks of 2014 credible.

• Love 1

Maybe I read it wrong but to my knowledge Shannon is not an attorney.

I don't know what happened between David and Shannon that night.  And I'm not going to assume anything.  It's interesting that the subject of battery has come up in this episode and that some are of the opinion that Tamra committed battery against Kelly.  Tamra pushed Kelly?  Would that not fall under the same law?  Tamra willfully and unlawfully using force against her?  The law covers a lot of area.  There's force and then there's force.  Is a push the same as a punch in the face?  I'm sure some will think it's the same.  Others, not so much.

Bottom line for me, again, is that I don't know what happened between David and Shannon.  I don't know what Shannon did.  I don't know what David did.  There's never been, to my knowledge, any other charges of this sort against David.

Also, let it be known that I'm very sensitive about spousal abuse.  I've seen someone very close to me go through it for decades.  No matter what anyone said, offered or did could convince her to get out of the situation.  I saw the bruises.  I took her for medical help. 

I also know that one has to be careful of drawing conclusions.  I don't see a pattern here and I keep an open mind.  There's a lot of grey in life.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I think the social media silence is due in part to Twitter getting hacked, lol lol, it was down for a while, and the silence was sweet :)

Hmm. Is Kelly *Dodd* really Kelly DDOD (Distributed Denial of Service)???

• Love 2
On 10/20/2016 at 1:13 PM, Trooper York said:

No matter

How you slice it

It's still your face

Be humane

Use

Shannon-Shave

Didn't David pick a bottle cap out of Shannon's butt?

Picturing David with a miner's hard hat with the light attachment (hospital grade light), a pair of tweezers, a magnifying glass..plucking the little rascals from Beador chin and Shannon saying...."Ow....ow.....ow.....ow"

• Love 1