Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Bringing Up Old Ghosts

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don’t believe Shannon and Heather were trying to get Kelly drunk. They were all drinking. It’s not like no one else took a shot of Fireball from the Chanel flask. As for the double shots Shannon ordered..she was drinking too. Pretty much every scene these women have – alcohol is involved.

Kelly tagline "I don't throw parties. I am the party!" I can recall 2 separate times she said what comes before Part B…answer Part-A. I don’t think she is talking about nose candy, more so liquor like Vicki’s whooping it up.

Kelly brought a bottle of wine to Meghan’s – during her kitchen renovation and a bottle of wine to Vicki’s. She bragged to the other women of having a bar on every floor of her house. She also showed them the liquor she had in the closet when Meghan had to do her IVF shot. She drank at the 70’s party, she drank at her apology to Shannon meeting after the 70’s party. She drank at Meghan’s baby shower dinner, she drank at the Merv Griffin estate, she drank in Glamis, she drank at the Tamra mud spa lunch.

Shannon ordered her a shot and Kelly said no. Shannon changed the order to a double shot, Kelly didn’t want it. She sure wasn’t FORCED (I do not recall any footage of Kelly being held upside down, with Shannon and Heather shoving a funnel and tube down her throat) Kelly don’t complain about others not understanding boundaries and the word no or stop when you have the same issue. More than one person told you to stop with the nose flick, 3 people told you it was annoying and 3 people told you to stop.

I think if Bravo showed footage of Shannon and Heather saying oh this is going to be so good to set Kelly up and get her drunk tonight…I still wouldn’t care.

Can someone explain the Meghan Kelly connection? How do they know each other and since when? I am still finding it hard to believe that if Meghan has been a friend for years that she NEVER witnessed Kelly’s volatile mood swings until this show.

THIS is the bottom line of your argument, and very honest. :)

• Love 2
On 10/21/2016 at 5:45 PM, wheresmypizza said:

Vicki. You are not young, cute, wacky, or zany. You are not dating 'boys'. Fake vomit noises and picky eating. Shrieking about the oh so gross icky yucky perfectly natural bodily functions of humans and animals. Flashing boobs and saying you gotta go potty.

Lying when you're caught doing wrong.

What you think is hilarious hijinks just makes you look like a toddler.

So true - Vicki seems delusional.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, lunastartron said:

When Kelly's debut scene aired, Meghan noted in her confessional that they had known each other "for about a year," if I'm not mistaken. This was not some long and profound sisterhood or even a connection as substantive as that between Meghan and Heather.

And the argument about boundaries goes both ways. If Shannon and Heather are so horrified about Kelly's puerility with respect to the physical comedy routine, then they should probably learn to acquiesce to the first rejection of liquor from others.

And it is as if the woman brandishing the Fireball flask declined to imbibe the Fireball herself.

When Shannon issued a comment to the press about the incident upon first joining the show, she asserted that "there was nothing physical" and insisted that she had telephoned the police "because she just wanted the fight to stop." Personally, I think the premise that Shannon communicated the same narrative to authorities yet David still found himself in such straits as to accept a plea deal not only strains but shatters credulity. Likewise, I do not believe that a USC-educated attorney possessed of a demonstrably ample intellect would enlist the local PD just because she "wanted the fight to stop." THAT is to what I'm referring when I say that she was either lying then or is lying now in her presentation of events.

Similarly, I do not think that a battery charge would be sustained by pots chucked against the wall and/or Shannon finding herself locked out of the house; he admitted in open court to "willfully and unlawfully using force and violence against her," after all, and it's not as if the Beadors don't have the resources to access effective legal representation.

In any case, this is an instance where I will earnestly exclaim, "won't someone think of the children?!" I think that Vicki is her characteristically porcine self for weaponizing this and that Kelly is just as despicable in the same regard.

But it doesn't mean that, all variables considered, I find Shannons's remarks of 2014 credible.

To me there is a big difference between touching someone and someone ordering or offering you a drink.  Kelly's previous history of being offensive was not serving her well and she really never seemed to rewrite her offensive behavior with Heather.  Heather just comes off as the lead plow horse for the cast.  If she is offended she carries on and films.  This bus ride may be the first time we see real Heather lose it with out her usual perception argument.  Pretty hard to twist calling someone "trash" into another's misperception.

David plead guilty to simple domestic battery-here is a description of the three different levels of misdemeanor DV in CA-http://www.lacriminaldefensepartners.com/california-domestic-battery-domestic-violence-laws/ .  In the heat of the moment it is pretty hard to dial up an attorney.  I know of many cases where the police have been called out for errant behavior-be it a someone smashing dishes, cars messed with, because the inhabitants of the home are fearful the violence will ultimately result in injury to them or another inhabitant and yes even the pushing away of someone is a simple battery.  To me Shannon should sharpen her defense skills to be even with her nit picky skills.  She is not very adept when confronted.   She stutters and gets flustered.   

What is kind of sad about the DV case, is it was 13 years ago-since the Beadors added two more children and spent about 10 years together before the big affair.  The children may not have known about the DV incident.  It seems David's mother only thought he made one mistake.  I am curious if the arrest may have been the huge divide between David's mother and Shannon. 

• Love 8

Interesting. I thought the 'one mistake' Shannon's MIL referred to was David marrying her. This adds another dimension, and if so I view her actions a little differently. She's still a reprehensible POS, bringing whatever it was up at the kids' event and trashtalking Shannon to people she didn't even know whilst well aware she was on camera. 

As for Heather and calling Kelly Mega Dudd 'trash'. Again, I believe Glamis was a glitch in the downward spiral of Kelly's relationship with the mainly Heather and Shannon led group. After Kelly's disgraceful classless behavior at the Sushi night, I believe Heather was genuinely mortified and I believed how upset she was in the car on the way home. She seemed to be thinking HOW am I going to continue to work with this troglodyte? Maybe the producers knew very well how far Kelly and her ignorant big ugly mouth would push Heather out of her comfort zone on the show. It worked. From sushi night onwards, I believe Kelly had crossed the line for Heather. I don't think there is any way under normal circumstances that Heather would tolerate a thing like Kelly in her inner circle of friends. I remember her saying to one of the other hos something like 'how can we trust she wont do this again, how are we going to continue with her?'. Ireland was Kelly bouncing Heather's last nerve (and mine). So Heather calling Kelly trash after she snapped at her the day before 'I don't CARE. You shouldn't have said that about her kid!' was Heather giving utterly zero fcks about how she came off with respect to Kelly.  Kelly is a foul piece of human waste. I honestly believe she is wetbrained and dangerous.

And I SINCERELY hope that the Dubrows have enough pull in Bravo circles to get the heifer sacked. Because today I read somewhere that she was confirmed for next season. WHY? Mother of all that is holy, the Mega Dudd has no story line, her marriage difficulties are contradicted by her, she is offensive, racist boring and has no taste. Why, Bravo, Why??? Please please contradict me, but I saw this today, maybe 'All Things RH' on facebook? I think I dropped my phone and briefly blacked out. Vicki can heroop off into the sunset too. I really couldn't make sense of all the fanfare from Brianna about how nice this new guy was/is and the shoes under Vicki's bed and the overnight bag and the flowers at the airport (probably ALL of it staged by Vicki in cahoots with Brianna who I gag at every time her head is on my screen) and then Vicki grinding on, feeling up and generally disgracing herself with anything with a penis in Ireland. So embarrassing. 

• Love 7

They are all putrid, with the exception of Meghan,  who really hasn't done anything. I've watched this show from Day 1- back with the real OG, Jeanna (this show wasn't about or inspired by you, Vicki). I'm sticking it out through the reunion, but unless there's a significant cast shake-up (meaning, NO Vicki, dour Brianna, and offensive Kelly), I'm done. I'm not interested in giving my viewership to this trashy show.

That'll leave me with BH and Melbourne. NY finally lost me this year- midseason.

I wish they'd get rid of them all and start over, but that'll never happen. 

• Love 9

Yeah I am on board dropping this show. I don't have Bravo anymore and am done trying to find episodes, just not worth it. I can go back to middle school to see "girls" fighting and screaming like shrews.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

They are all putrid, with the exception of Meghan,  who really hasn't done anything. I've watched this show from Day 1- back with the real OG, Jeanna (this show wasn't about or inspired by you, Vicki). I'm sticking it out through the reunion, but unless there's a significant cast shake-up (meaning, NO Vicki, dour Brianna, and offensive Kelly), I'm done. I'm not interested in giving my viewership to this trashy show.

That'll leave me with BH and Melbourne. NY finally lost me this year- midseason.

I wish they'd get rid of them all and start over, but that'll never happen. 

That is the problem with Meghan she has contributed very little to the show this year-her biggest controversy was NOT visiting Vicki.   She basically checked out of the Ireland trip.  I expect she will be back for the finale but after last year's Reunion, where she contributed very little, the producers should have been smarter about recasting her for another season.  I am not saying she has to be in the trenches but she has all the insight of a part-time viewer when she comments on them.  I am happy that she is pregnant but coupled with her chronic depression this really wasn't the show for her.  Meghan also really doesn't add much in the humor department-maybe her inability to follow a recipe?  I am wondering if Meghan is going to bury anyone at this year's Reunion?

I am hoping it is Briana's last year.  Other than getting sick she really didn't add much to the show.  I was thinking she might be included more in the group events so the conversations with her mother might be more intelligent.  When she said it was mean of Heather not to invite her mother to Shannon's surprise party/vow renewal, all I could think of was, you might want to ask your mom how her last conversation went with David.

If they really want to bury the show, if all Tamra has to bring to the show is a stupid middle aged body building competition week after week and her iron resolve to follow a strict diet and exercise program time for her to move on down the road.  I applaud her will power and devotion but it is not necessarily good TV.  It is nice she has the support of the other women and one is enough. 

• Love 4

My recollection of the educational pedigree that Shannon recounted on Heather's podcast was that she "went to" USC Gould School of Law and then worked for a trucking company prior to wedding David, at which point she retired and became a homemaker. My personal impression was that there was a connection between her training at USC and the work at the trucking corporation although I don't have any idea whatsoever if she ever took the bar. If I were informally articulating a history of my career, I would probably say, "I went to (insert school) and then I did xyz." Although there is semantic ambiguity, I would not articulate it as, "I graduated from and then did  Xyz." In any case, I think that Shannon was certainly better equipped than the vast majority of the laity to realize what the repercussions would be of calling the police on her husband - and I still do not believe that she telephoned them and that the DA charged David because Shannon "just wanted a verbal fight to stop." 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

To me there is a big difference between touching someone and someone ordering or offering you a drink. 

Between Tamra and Shannon, Kelly suffered through both those events. Unlikeable as Kelly may be, on this trip, those two women take the debased prize.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Regarding Shannon being a Lawyer, I just dont think that is the case.  She mentioned once that she started law school, but didn't mention graduating, or taking the Bar.  

Shannon said she went to law school and after law school she worked for a Fortune 500 company.  She never said she started law school.  She has never been a member of the California State Bar.   I was the one that provided the information and it came from Shannon's mouth on Heather's show. My reason for providing the information was for a very long time there was a segment of people who posted as if she went from college to being institutionalized to marrying David and had never provided for herself.  Shannon gave a pretty comprehensive history of her education and past work experience.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Shannon said she went to law school and after law school she worked for a Fortune 500 company.  She never said she started law school.  She has never been a member of the California State Bar.   I was the one that provided the information and it came from Shannon's mouth on Heather's show. My reason for providing the information was for a very long time there was a segment of people who posted as if she went from college to being institutionalized to marrying David and had never provided for herself.  Shannon gave a pretty comprehensive history of her education and past work experience.

I understand where the information came from, but my point is that I don't think she is an Attorney, just because she went to Law School at some point. Lots of posts around here are talking about the fact that she is a lawyer. It has started to just become a thing and no one is questioning it for the most part. I've read it about two dozen times, and it seems to mean a great deal in the overall narrative of Shannon's story all of the sudden. She couldn't be abused by her husband because she is a Lawyer and would know better than to let someone knock her around.  They cannot be in financial trouble because she is a Lawyer and therefore is rich.  She wouldn't do anything funny with a drink or try to get someone drunk, because she is a Lawyer. And on and on and on. It becomes one of those things that is accepted as fact after a certain point. 

I'm not sure about the folks that think she was institutionalized, but count me as one who thinks there is a whole other story out there about Shannon. Not sure she had any mental issues, but I do believe she was an entitled Princess, probably taken care of by a rich family, with little real interest in doing much for herself. I think she likes to be taken care of, and has little ability to cope. Kind of like the thing with calling the police to make an argument stop. Only someone accustomed to being very looked after would consider doing something like that and so casually throw it out years later. She wasn't a child at the time; she was in her mid to late 30's and certainly should have known better. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Totally on Kelly's side. But I probably shouldn't bother watching anymore since I want Shannon and Tamara to suffer and they won't. I watch this show off and on and I could NEVER stand Tamara, oh I can't stand her. I don't care what Kelly said about her kid, all I care about is that Shannon went back and told Tamara, bitch. And yes, they were trying to get her to drink, it was disgusting. She and Shannon aren't friends so what the hell was that? Shannon going ahead and ordering a drink for her even though she said no multiple times, seriously? I hope David cheats again and she walks in on him. I can't stand these uppity bitches on this show, Heather is the worse. Newsflash, you bitches are on a reality show you have no business holding your noses up in the air. 

It's a bunch of mean girl bullshit with grown ass women trying to act like they have class. Heather is taken aback by Kelly's revealing top, meanwhile she didn't have shit to say when Vicki lifted up her shirt in an Irish pub to show her boobs to Heather's husband via Heather's phone. It was all laughs then. Talk about being full of shit and thinking your doesn't stink just like everyone else, please. 

But I still like Vicki, she's so full of shit, she totally left Kelly hanging, LOL. Oh Vicki, she's still shameless. Now, they're pissed at her again, so I guess she'll try to crawl back to Kelly.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3

Kelly said about her kid, all I care about is that Shannon went back and told Tamara, bitch.

Tamra specifically asked Shannon what she said, there is no way I wouldn't have told her either particularly when the comment was recorded.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Totally on Kelly's side. But I probably shouldn't bother watching anymore since I want Shannon and Tamara to suffer and they won't. I watch this show off and on and I could NEVER stand Tamara, oh I can't stand her. I don't care what Kelly said about her kid, all I care about is that Shannon went back and told Tamara, bitch. And yes, they were trying to get her to drink, it was disgusting. She and Shannon aren't friends so what the hell was that? Shannon going ahead and ordering a drink for her even though she said no multiple times, seriously? I hope David cheats again and she walks in on him. I can't stand these uppity bitches on this show, Heather is the worse. Newsflash, you bitches are on a reality show you have no business holding your noses up in the air. 

It's a bunch of mean girl bullshit with grown ass women trying to act like they have class. Heather is taken aback by Kelly's revealing top, meanwhile she didn't have shit to say when Vicki lifted up her shirt in an Irish pub to show her boobs to Heather's husband via Heather's phone. It was all laughs then. Talk about being full of shit and thinking your doesn't stink just like everyone else, please. 

But I still like Vicki, she's so full of shit, she totally left Kelly hanging, LOL. Oh Vicki, she's still shameless. Now, they're pissed at her again, so I guess she'll try to crawl back to Kelly.

Yup. And at the book launch party, Heather was unfazed when Tams announced on camera and to the man concocting ice cream that his work looked like a yeast infection. Heather gave a dramatic eye roll but otherwise was unaffected.

Wonder if the kids at school brought that dainty tidbit up to Sidney the next day -- you know: "Hey Sid, I saw last night's episode -- and your Mom said dessert looked like a massive case of crotch rot! Ewww, how rude! Ewww, how embarrassing! Ewww, my Mom said something so funny about your Mom!"

'Cause, you know, mean girls are like that.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

Yup. And at the book launch party, Heather was unfazed when Tams announced on camera and to the man concocting ice cream that his work looked like a yeast infection. Heather gave a dramatic eye roll but otherwise was unaffected.

Wonder if the kids at school brought that dainty tidbit up to Sidney the next day -- you know: "Hey Sid, I saw last night's episode -- and your Mom said dessert looked like a massive case of crotch rot! Ewww, how rude! Ewww, how embarrassing! Ewww, my Mom said something so funny about your Mom!"

'Cause, you know, mean girls are like that.

This is something I would be curious to learn more about - what are the impacts of this behavior with regard to the kids among their peers? Especially on the young teenagers.  I have heard some stories. That one of Teresa G's daughters was bullied after Teresa and Joe's romp in the vineyard. That Sidney doesn't want Tamra on the show (although the context of that is generally about Tamra talking about her or her father). But what kind of grief do they really take from the other kids? What did the kids say to Shannon's daughter after the episode where David went fishing up her ass? Or what did Brandi's kids hear from the kids at school after she revealed that she and Eddie were into threesomes? What do Tamra's kids think about her talking about anal and blow jobs? Kids can be so mean to each other, and it is just hard for me to believe they aren't subject to mocking after some of this stuff is revealed. Or is the juice worth the squeeze? Are they in some way minor celebrities themselves because their parents, and in some cases the kids themselves, are on a TV show? 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This is something I would be curious to learn more about - what are the impacts of this behavior with regard to the kids among their peers? Especially on the young teenagers.  I have heard some stories. That one of Teresa G's daughters was bullied after Teresa and Joe's romp in the vineyard. That Sidney doesn't want Tamra on the show (although the context of that is generally about Tamra talking about her or her father). But what kind of grief do they really take from the other kids? What did the kids say to Shannon's daughter after the episode where David went fishing up her ass? Or what did Brandi's kids hear from the kids at school after she revealed that she and Eddie were into threesomes? What do Tamra's kids think about her talking about anal and blow jobs? Kids can be so mean to each other, and it is just hard for me to believe they aren't subject to mocking after some of this stuff is revealed. Or is the juice worth the squeeze? Are they in some way minor celebrities themselves because their parents, and in some cases the kids themselves, are on a TV show? 

Kyle's kids seemed to have survived the bogus Maurucio cheating scandals.  As far as the Giudice kids, I have little sympathy when their concern about their mother arriving home from prison was to protect her arrival so no uncompensated photos would be leaked to the press.  Teresa has also said the counselors and staff at the kids school have been great.   I am guessing that kids be them the children of reality star parents or out of the spotlight think a lot of what their parents do is gross.  It is like the kid whose Golden Glove father drops the fly ball which causes the home game to lose the big game.  Good with the bad.  Or pulls out of an $80 million dollar contract and goes on a drug binge.  Mom being on a reality show was the least of those kids' worries.

I don't think mocking is the issue I think it might have more to do with feelings of being excluded.  There is just no way I would have sent my child over to the Giudices' home during Teresa's incarceration.  Just don't want my children to be exposed to drunken Joe.  I doubt teenagers are sitting around watching the RHOC, to the degree people think they are.   I do think kids, take the Beador kids, probably get a little celebrity push when they perform on TV when their band played.  Mostly I think the kids and their peers probably understand it is their parent's job and there isn't all that much reality in reality TV.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Good question and points, especially the bolded.

12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Mom being on a reality show was the least of those kids' worries.

Well except if your mother pulls the stuff Tams does -- then it's probably a huge source of anxiety.

I doubt teenagers are sitting around watching the RHOC, to the degree people think they are. 

Oh, IMO they are -- and the teens probably hear what their parents say, too. And then that gets repeated and shared and man, what a mortifying next day at school!

Mostly I think the kids and their peers probably understand it is their parent's job and there isn't all that much reality in reality TV

How interesting your opinion -- I think these kids who are still in those tender, fragile, tormented years probably deal with some heavy stuff the day after, say, Tams has an out-in-public hysterical meltdown, shrieks profanities and lays her hands on another HW. Oh and in the trailer for tonite's ep (up on Bravo), Tams tells Kelly, "If I hadn't been drinking, I'd have never pushed you." So add to the mix that Tams loses the ability to control her aggression when she stinks -- I mean, when she drinks.

• Love 2

I think the BH kids and the OC kids are going to have an easier time with that due to the fact their social circles also probably have celebrity parents who embarrass the eff out of them, and just the general LA culture/  many people are famous out there. 

I think its the NY/NJ/ATL kids who will have a harder time with it because their peers/social circles are probably rich but otherwise normal. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2

On second viewing, Shannon was ordering those doubles for herself. She's a lush and she wanted Kelly to join in so she didn't look like the only one. I should know, I'm a lush, too and that's how we roll. And Kelly called her out on it on the bus.

• Love 2

Not an endorsement/comment on any particular opinion here, but FYI:

Lawyer = Trained in Law, can give legal advice, went to law school.

Attorney = Lawyer + sat for and passed a state bar exam.

Sort of like Whisky vs. Scotch... all attorneys are lawyers, but not all lawyers are attorneys. 

• Love 9

Jmo, and it does not excuse the behavior of these women, but my guess would be that most teens have little interest in the antics of 40yr + women, even if they know their kids. Teen are interested in peers on TV or slightly older, twenties maybe. When i was a kid in the seventies, my best friend's mom had a boyfriend and her father had a girlfriend, even though they were still married, but no ine cared much. 

Still, I don't think these women think enough about their kids before acting like trampy fools.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Not an endorsement/comment on any particular opinion here, but FYI:

Lawyer = Trained in Law, can give legal advice, went to law school.

Attorney = Lawyer + sat for and passed a state bar exam.

Sort of like Whisky vs. Scotch... all attorneys are lawyers, but not all lawyers are attorneys. 

I did not know this. I love it when I can consider time on this forum an educational experience instead of just a guilty pleasure. Thanks Lisin! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle's kids seemed to have survived the bogus Maurucio cheating scandals. 

Of course they survived, but then all of the kids involved in these shows have survived as far as I am aware. Do we know how having this stuff about their father aired on TV and openly discussed impacted them? Did it suck? That is the question. 

The Kyle/Mauricio deal is different, at least IMO. I like Kyle because I think she goes out of her way to not give away too much personal crap that goes on in her marriage; the kind of tawdry stuff that could be used against her kids at school. My guess is that she would have moved heaven and earth to have not had the stuff about Mauricio on the show, but that was something she had little control over. The rumor at the time was she walked away and refused to film for days, only coming back because of threats regarding her contract. And while I know that Heather is not popular, I think the same about her. She might go to Mexico for the bachelorette party, but her kids aren't going to see any Stripers grinding on her. She can still have fun and doesn't really judge the others, but there is a line she's not going to cross. I would be surprised to hear that this isn't in large part because she doesn't want her kids to see her behaving that way. 

My question is with the gals that don't have a filter on this kind of stuff. The ones that show the painful, personal stuff, or the embarrassing stuff just to show it. I would think that the stuff going on with Shannon and David is painful to their kids no matter what. It just is. I cannot imagine a scenario where something that is painful in private does not become more so when looked at and judged by the world. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I can see most/all the Bravo HWs explaining to their kids that they are "acting" and that much of what we see/hear on the show isn't "real" most of the time and the kids in turn tell that to their friends/peers in school. It would be explained the same way any real "actress" explains it that stars in a movie or on TV, especially soap stars because the HW shows are the new SOs IMO. LOL

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Of course they survived, but then all of the kids involved in these shows have survived as far as I am aware. Do we know how having this stuff about their father aired on TV and openly discussed impacted them? Did it suck? That is the question. 

The Kyle/Mauricio deal is different, at least IMO. I like Kyle because I think she goes out of her way to not give away too much personal crap that goes on in her marriage; the kind of tawdry stuff that could be used against her kids at school. My guess is that she would have moved heaven and earth to have not had the stuff about Mauricio on the show, but that was something she had little control over. The rumor at the time was she walked away and refused to film for days, only coming back because of threats regarding her contract. And while I know that Heather is not popular, I think the same about her. She might go to Mexico for the bachelorette party, but her kids aren't going to see any Stripers grinding on her. She can still have fun and doesn't really judge the others, but there is a line she's not going to cross. I would be surprised to hear that this isn't in large part because she doesn't want her kids to see her behaving that way. 

My question is with the gals that don't have a filter on this kind of stuff. The ones that show the painful, personal stuff, or the embarrassing stuff just to show it. I would think that the stuff going on with Shannon and David is painful to their kids no matter what. It just is. I cannot imagine a scenario where something that is painful in private does not become more so when looked at and judged by the world. 

I believe equally as dangerous as "something that is painful in private does not become more so when looked at and judged by the world", is that which is exaggerated and out and out lies are attributed to one of the cast of their spouses.  I think a situation, adultery, divorce, bankruptcy is either to deal with than eight or nine years of erratic behavior and an ex-spouse trying to control the situation through litigation.  Even in Heather's case how much longer can we talk about fame hungry dad?  The kids have a bloody diary of absent dad chasing the camera.

Well it was idiot Brandi who decided to ask Kyle how her family felt and was dealing with the Mauricio rumors.  Gee Brandi, a big thank you to you.  Of course these shows being what they are Brandi turned it around to say her children had been violated when a reporter asked if she had bullied Kyle.

At some point it would be interesting to hear from a group of teachers and/or peer parents exactly what level the show has on the kids on their schoolmates.  It doesn't have to be graphic detail but just an overview.  I am in sure in NJ teachers have a different tale than say the teachers of the Barney children.  The Umanskys kids different than the Cibrian kids (I am thinking mom with falling down drunk with the tampon string, books and five years of Twitter wars) may have added some undue stress.  To me, Jeana's kids were shown in all their glory and misbehavior.  The daughter graduated from college got married and has had a baby, and thankfully stopped showing off so much.  Of course their dad was a major league baseball player so maybe they were use to some limelight. 

I think we would be disappointed to hear how little the show has an effect on these kids lives when they are at school or with their friends.

• Love 1

Gosh. since we're cross-referencing cities, children and the potential mortification thereof, let us not forget NYC's Luann and her kids, both of whom were fairly young when the NY franchise blossomed. Setting aside Victoria who always has a bit of a 1000-league gaze and may not pay that much attention to her mother's antics, think of young  Noel, forced too soon into awareness of his mother's pretentiousness, ill-disguised nastiness, double row of teeth (all the better to perform oral sex according to Sonja), vocal stylings -- these alone probably put the kid into therapy -- and, of course, her fondness for pirate (and other) booty.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe equally as dangerous as "something that is painful in private does not become more so when looked at and judged by the world", is that which is exaggerated and out and out lies are attributed to one of the cast of their spouses.  I think a situation, adultery, divorce, bankruptcy is either to deal with than eight or nine years of erratic behavior and an ex-spouse trying to control the situation through litigation.  Even in Heather's case how much longer can we talk about fame hungry dad?  The kids have a bloody diary of absent dad chasing the camera.

Well it was idiot Brandi who decided to ask Kyle how her family felt and was dealing with the Mauricio rumors.  Gee Brandi, a big thank you to you.  Of course these shows being what they are Brandi turned it around to say her children had been violated when a reporter asked if she had bullied Kyle.

At some point it would be interesting to hear from a group of teachers and/or peer parents exactly what level the show has on the kids on their schoolmates.  It doesn't have to be graphic detail but just an overview.  I am in sure in NJ teachers have a different tale than say the teachers of the Barney children.  The Umanskys kids different than the Cibrian kids (I am thinking mom with falling down drunk with the tampon string, books and five years of Twitter wars) may have added some undue stress.  To me, Jeana's kids were shown in all their glory and misbehavior.  The daughter graduated from college got married and has had a baby, and thankfully stopped showing off so much.  Of course their dad was a major league baseball player so maybe they were use to some limelight. 

I think we would be disappointed to hear how little the show has an effect on these kids lives when they are at school or with their friends.

For the sake of the kiddos, I wish I agreed.  If your estimation IS correct, however, it would be a relief - definitely not a disappointment.  They had no choice in the matter and their mothers' decisions to sell their souls for the sake of making a buck and enjoying 15 minutes of fame (or, in many cases, infamy) bring with them the potential for misery for these kids.  Growing up is tough enough in today's world WITHOUT good ol' mom on TV, acting a fool for the world to see...

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

For the sake of the kiddos, I wish I agreed.  If your estimation IS correct, however, it would be a relief - definitely not a disappointment.  They had no choice in the matter and their mothers' decisions to sell their souls for the sake of making a buck and enjoying 15 minutes of fame (or, in many cases, infamy) bring with them the potential for misery for these kids.  Growing up is tough enough in today's world WITHOUT good ol' mom on TV, acting a fool for the world to see...

I would imagine they tell their kids they are acting, that the HW shows are The New Soap Operas "loosely" based on their real lives and I suspect that their kids tell their friends this same story.

• Love 1
On 10/18/2016 at 8:04 AM, DrivingSideways said:

Heather has always been a mean girl.  I had just started to get over my anger at her when she was so mean to Shannon & David a few seasons ago... calling those multi-millionaires 'construction workers' and trash, basically.  She and her scumbag husband just started to grow on me again.

Tamra has made a choice.  Her ex and her daughter are mortified by her behavior on this show, the nadir of which was the naked wasted episode, which was truly shocking to me.  Not being a Gretchen fan, I don't think it's being over dramatic to describe what occurred as an attempt to get Gretchen so wasted that she would sleep with Tamra's son - it was verging on rape.  Even Vicki, Tamra's bestie, had reservations about it at the time - she thought they were going to trick Gretchen into getting trashed to embarrass her, but Tamra morphed it into getting Gretchen to sleep with her son to prove that Gretchen didn't care about Jeff.  Now Gretchen knowingly did the drinking, much like Kelly - but it didn't stop me from being truly disturbed by Tamra.

Rather than quit the show, focus on her family, and repair her relationship with her daughter, Tamra continues to film, but under the guise of Christianity now.  Tamra must be making $1M+ a year, so I understand it's tough to walk away from.  But at the end of the day, she has made a choice, her wallet over her daughter, and that's why I can't clutch my pearls that Kelly brought up her kid.  And I'm also fine with Heather bringing up Kelly's daughter.  Really, all of these people should be mortified as parents.

I completely agree with this posting. 

Tamra's "naked wasted" was really quite awful.  And I bet if they ran that same episode in today's environment where people are much much more educated on rape with a woman so completely under the influence she could not concent, she wouldn't be on the show anymore.  

And what woman would do that to their own son?!  That's so strange and beyond inappropriate.

Kelly is a fucking asshole, no doubt.  But her actions, her comments are not very much different than anything Tamra has uttered over the years.  Tamra, being the "Christian" she supposedly is should realize that and be forgiving.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Bebecat said:

Jmo, and it does not excuse the behavior of these women, but my guess would be that most teens have little interest in the antics of 40yr + women, even if they know their kids. Teen are interested in peers on TV or slightly older, twenties maybe. When i was a kid in the seventies, my best friend's mom had a boyfriend and her father had a girlfriend, even though they were still married, but no ine cared much. 

Still, I don't think these women think enough about their kids before acting like trampy fools.

I'm sure the kids get some shit, but Sydney is 15.  All kids get some shit to some degree. If it's so bad for Sydney, there is the option for homeschooling her last few years of school. It's not realistic for her and Simon to expect Tamra to quit her six figures per year salary to suit them.    Tamra was the one bringing home the bacon when Simon lost his high paying job and couldn't find anything comparable.   She ain't ever giving up this payday, so they better explore other options.  Life is tough kid.  Lots of others have it far worse.  

• Love 6

Even in Heather's case how much longer can we talk about fame hungry dad?  The kids have a bloody diary of absent dad chasing the camera.

Not to mention, their father calling their baby sister a "bitch".

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I completely agree with this posting. 

Tamra's "naked wasted" was really quite awful.  And I bet if they ran that same episode in today's environment where people are much much more educated on rape with a woman so completely under the influence she could not concent, she wouldn't be on the show anymore.  

And what woman would do that to their own son?!  That's so strange and beyond inappropriate.

Kelly is a fucking asshole, no doubt.  But her actions, her comments are not very much different than anything Tamra has uttered over the years.  Tamra, being the "Christian" she supposedly is should realize that and be forgiving.

I believe the current theory among the declared Christian RHOC is they all forgive because they are Christians, they just don't reconcile.  I don't think these chuckleheads know the difference.  The only who forgave was Shannon and then she worked hard at reconciling with Tamra, Heather, Meghan, her husband.  I do think she made great strides with Vicki but the reconciliation hasn't happened. 

It is sort of a sore spot with me these women say the most heinous things, breach each others' boundaries and a quick sitdown and "heartfelt" apology just resets the clock. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Heather's true colors showed in this episode - and they are ugly!

As far as I'm concerned, Heather is the ice queen of the bunch.  I'll never forget how absolutely horrible she was to Shannon a couple of seasons ago.   She's one dark-hearted, cutthroat witch in my book.   

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, straightshooter said:

As far as I'm concerned, Heather is the ice queen of the bunch.  I'll never forget how absolutely horrible she was to Shannon a couple of seasons ago.   She's one dark-hearted, cutthroat witch in my book.  

She literally said the same thing to Shannon that she was saying to Kelly on the bus ride to the airport - "I think you're having a psychotic break". She really is a mind fuck. 

• Love 5

Watching this rerun I am AGAIN reminded of what an absolute ASSHOLE Heather is.  She is psychotic.  

I remember something else happened on that bus ride to the airport from hell.. there was a secret about Terry, right??  They cut it out of the show but it came out later..  Was it that he had been sued for medical malpractice?  🤣

• LOL 2