Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yup. In the next town over, a car full of white male college guys yelled "get out, n*****, this is our country" at a black female student who was walking down the street. "President Trump" scares me, but his followers scare me more.

Apparently a group of guys in a car drove around the Wellesley campus harassing black women.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

A lot of the so-called "action hero" actors endorsed The Rump Roast, so maybe instead of singing and dancing, they'll just have a staged mock-fight between Chuck Norris and Steven Segal?  Winner gets to kick Chachi's butt.

Don't forget Brooks Ayers! He's a yuuuuge Trump fan. He could read his fake cancer diagnosis to the crowd, followed by a Q&A about the Housewives.

• Love 2

Regarding approval polls, Trump won't care as long as he has plenty of followers on Twitter. 

Sometimes I wish I knew how to write a bot that would make all those accounts unfollow him. I'd love to see him checking his homepage and seeing a big fat zero. 

• Love 8

This happened at a middle school in Lansing yesterday:

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/students_at_dewitt_school_form.html

I have a friend who is a chaplain who works at the University of Michigan and it's been ugly there for a while and has gotten worse over the last couple of days.

I also have friends who's biracial daughter is attending college in Kalamazoo and she just posted that until this week, she was mostly having fun, but since Tuesday, the mood has changed to one that is now making her very nervous to leave her dorm.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 10

Okay, so...my fantasy was not that far off the mark. The WSJ is now reporting Trump says after talking to Obama he thinks he'll keep parts of Obamacare in place. And he doesn't want to jail Hillary or anything.

You guys, I'm telling you- this is because Obama was nice to him the other day and he was in awe of meeting with the very popular, celebrity -esque President, who easily tops the Republican idiots no one likes who are surrounding him. If Obama tries to have his ear for the next two months, I really believe he'd be totally swayed by whatever he says to him.

I just don't think Trump gives a shit about any of the Republicans in Congress, because they're not figures anybody has any respect for, and he has only ever wanted to be around other powerful, celebrity, glamorous figures that boosts his own ego. Whatever he said about Obama before is topped by being in the White House, meeting with him.

I think he'd keep all of Obamacare if they told him they'd change the name to Trumpcare. That's seriously all it takes. Of course he always loses interest in everything, but it might be worth tempting him not cause too much harm by just manipulating him with vanity projects and stuff. Now that we're stuck with him I'm looking for any possible path that would cause the least amount of damage.

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Remains hypervigilant in their duties to the public?  You mean becomes, right?  John Oliver, Samantha Bee, etc. have been better journalists than the mainstream media in covering this election, and the media's abdication of their duties dates back to well before.  Things went off the rails when reporters became government stenographers after 9/11, and the morphing of news into entertainment continuing at the same time did not help.  So, if faced with a president who tries to ban any non-friendly press, will they finally remember their responsibility?  We'll see. 

Yes, Lord!  That's why Jon Stewart is sorely missed.  I found it fascinating that we got more news from a faked news channel than from corporate media itself.  

There have been a few bright lights who have risked their personal safety to shine a bright light on Drumpf, particularly his shady financial dealings and other things that went totally ignored by the rest of media.  Kurt Eichenwald of Newsweek deserves a Pulitzer, as well as the reporter (his name escapes me) from The Washington Post who did an in depth analysis of Drumpf's less-than-charitable works.

I wait with baited breath to see if corporate media fights back against the censorship that I sense is coming.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Just saw a list of Trump's transition team.  Guess who's on it (among many others, including three of his children and his son in law)?  Florida AG Pam Bondi.  Now, we might all recall that she and Trump both swore up and down that they don't even know each other, in the wake of the accusation that the (illegal) donation to her campaign was a payoff for her dropping the state's investigation into Trump U.  But, look at that, they certainly know each other well enough for her to have earned an invite to the table now that he's going to be President.  

And VP-Elect Pence is now heading the transition team, according to multiple, credible sources. Christie's out.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:
3 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

And VP-Elect Pence is now heading the transition team, according to multiple, credible sources. Christie's out.

Shocker.

And I agree with the poster above. If they called it "TrumpCare" he'd probably be all over it.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Okay, so...my fantasy was not that far off the mark. The WSJ is now reporting Trump says after talking to Obama he thinks he'll keep parts of Obamacare in place. And he doesn't want to jail Hillary or anything.

You guys, I'm telling you- this is because Obama was nice to him the other day and he was in awe of meeting with the very popular, celebrity -esque President, who easily tops the Republican idiots no one likes who are surrounding him. If Obama tries to have his ear for the next two months, I really believe he'd be totally swayed by whatever he says to him.

I just don't think Trump gives a shit about any of the Republicans in Congress, because they're not figures anybody has any respect for, and he has only ever wanted to be around other powerful, celebrity, glamorous figures that boosts his own ego. Whatever he said about Obama before is topped by being in the White House, meeting with him.

I think he'd keep all of Obamacare if they told him they'd change the name to Trumpcare. That's seriously all it takes. Of course he always loses interest in everything, but it might be worth tempting him not cause too much harm by just manipulating him with vanity projects and stuff. Now that we're stuck with him I'm looking for any possible path that would cause the least amount of damage.

I agree.  I was saying last night that the Dems in Congress need to move quick, kiss up a little, and then offer to make deals with him.  You know how he considers himself the ultimate deal maker.  Play to that, ask for the moon, let him "deal" you down to what you wanted in the first place.  He's really easy to play if you know the buttons to push.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Okay, so...my fantasy was not that far off the mark. The WSJ is now reporting Drumpf says after talking to Obama he thinks he'll keep parts of Obamacare in place. And he doesn't want to jail Hillary or anything.

I just don't think Drumpf gives a shit about any of the Republicans in Congress, because they're not figures anybody has any respect for, and he has only ever wanted to be around other powerful, celebrity, glamorous figures that boosts his own ego. Whatever he said about Obama before is topped by being in the White House, meeting with him.

You could well be right. Honestly, Obamacare isn't what Obama hoped it would be anyway. The Republicans gutted enough of it that it was never going to be the full solution to America's healthcare problem. But still more of a solution than Pence's 'free market capitalism will provide a solution'.

Trump doesn't like those Republicans. They're boring old men who talk about boring stuff, and even he probably sees that they're massive hypocrites. He mocked Paul Ryan constantly throughout the election, and now Ryan wants to be his buddy?

However, I can totally see him being blind to the fact he could be doing the exact same thing with Obama. The cool kid that everyone that Donald admires likes. I found a quote from Trump back in the 90s, where he said he favoured a single payer, universal health scheme. So either he changed his mind, or he just hated Obama enough to attack the ACA, or he was just leading his dumbass supporters in a merry dance.

God, it would be so funny if, by January, Trump was Obama's biggest fan. I would laugh my arse off for four years, at the horror that would overtake the Republicans and those rally-going thugs.

• Love 8

Of all the morons surrounding Trump, I'm always trying to figure out who the LEAST bad person is, so that he actually has somebody not god awful in every conceivable way- and of people like Gingrich, Giuliani, Pence, Palin, Carson, Bannon, Priebus...ooh, it's just so terrible! Christie might actually be preferable by a hair over these guys? Simply because he has recent government experience of SOME sort and more recently showed himself capable of not wanting to say horrifyingly disgusting things about American citizens? I can't even choose between the rest of that crew. Jesus.

I hope that Obama plays him fast behind the scenes, influencing things so in whatever way possible to try to mitigate whatever damage is going to happen. I know, it's like how many times can we ask this man to save the country? But he always tries his best.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Tara said:

Really?  It's bullshit like that that takes away from reality, and makes people not listen.

If that is true, there's more nonsense going on in those households than Trump being President.

Since I am white - how about I let the people who are getting bullied have their say.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/latinos-say-kids-are-already-being-bullied-at-school-in-the?utm_term=.ax3w4y42n#.rrKqJEJzQ

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Of all the morons surrounding Drumpf, I'm always trying to figure out who the LEAST bad person is, so that he actually has somebody not god awful in every conceivable way- and of people like Gingrich, Giuliani, Pence, Palin, Carson, Bannon, Priebus...ooh, it's just so terrible! Christie might actually be preferable by a hair over these guys? Simply because he has recent government experience of SOME sort and more recently showed himself capable of not wanting to say horrifyingly disgusting things about American citizens? I can't even choose between the rest of that crew. Jesus.

Carson maybe? Because he doesn't seem actively evil as much as he just seems really, really dumb. I know he's a neurosurgeon, but did someone accidentally lobotomise him in the middle of an operation? Of course, dumb people can be just as dangerous as malevolent ones.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

And going back to considering the reasons that he won and Hillary lost, I just want to make another point: He didn't win Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania because the people there are racist. Those states all came out big for Obama, twice. He won there because a lot of people think their lives are worse than they used to be. It ain't called the Rust Belt for nothing. And considering Clinton barely campaigned there, even after losing some of those states to Sanders in the primaries, it's understandable that many didn't feel she was going to help them.

I read an article today that talks about this, and said that Bill was pushing and pushing for them to visit those states, to talk to the working class voters and assure them. Hillary's strategists said no. Said they had statistics and infographics that told them it wasn't necessary. Can you imagine how different the world would feel today if just a hundred thousand more people in two or three of those states had felt that Clinton might be on their side?

Her husband Bill was always the better politician when it came to reaching the masses.  He came from poverty - he understood.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

Her husband Bill was always the better politician when it came to reaching the masses.  He came from poverty - he understood.  

He understood. Michael Moore, for all his faults, understood. Both have a keen grasp on the feelings of the working class. This is where it's so easy to paint liberals as ivory tower elites. A lot of them are either young, middle class intellectuals or professional politicians. They may mean well, but when they try to identify with the working class, it ends up being like Common People, by Pulp.

Again, it's a problem in the UK as well. The intellectual leftists need to find solid, common ground with working class voters. They need to forge a bond that doesn't feel patronising. It's not an easy thing to do. Figures like Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, who can bridge that gap, help.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Again, it's a problem in the UK as well. The intellectual leftists need to find solid, common ground with working class voters. They need to forge a bond that doesn't feel patronising. It's not an easy thing to do. Figures like Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, who can bridge that gap, help.

I feel like sometimes the problem is that there has to be this performance to it that's either authentic or not. (As was discussed in the other thread, Trump is authentic in his resentment even though he's never been poor.) I certainly know I don't have any real bond with those voters, yet at the same time I always feel confused at the resentment because I *don't* look down on them, at least I don't feel like I do, and I do want the best for them. 

Like I remember in the debate when there was a question about coal jobs I thought Hillary's answer--without being expert enough to know how it would work, myself--made sense and wasn't condescending at all. She basically said yes, coal is a dying industry for many reasons, and for the good of the planet it needs to go away. But this is why we have to get out ahead of it and look at alternative energy that would provide new jobs.

Trump basically said he would get rid of regulations and basically force time to stand still so that coal jobs were stable or growing again.

And I can understand why someone might prefer to hear "nothing will change--except to get a bit better" rather than someone saying everything will change but let's make it even better than before. But of the two I think HRC's answer is less condescending. She's being honest and laying out a plan that could work. Trump's telling them what they want to hear and just agreeing with who to blame.

While I don't mind having someone with BC's background in the White House at all, it's also frustrating to always have this idea that the candidate has to be a "real American" type who has the right accent. Even today I know somebody was criticizing a possible DNC appointment by saying "They just lost the rustbelt and instead of going for that type they're going to pick a Muslim?!" 

The real challenge I guess is not to keep assuring this group that the candidate is one of them but that someone who isn't one of them can still have their best interests at heart. That looking at their problems from a different angle by having different specialties and education doesn't mean you can't be helpful. Maybe even more helpful.

• Love 4

And I do worry that the left in many places doesn't want to acknowledge that this disconnect is a problem. It's easier and more comforting, I think, to just say "they're all just vile, ignorant yokels, screw them". But if you want to win, you need those votes. And the reality is more complicated, there's frustration and despair and sometimes rightly the perception that the Democratic party also doesn't care about them and hasn't been pushing for policies that might help and isn't even really committed to try because they're too busy colluding with Wall Street. Then you get apathy or people going for the (misguided) "protest vote" or whatever.

That's also why the Republicans were always so busy to paint Obama as "elitist". It wasn't really working, though (at least not beyond the crowd who was always going to resent him anyway). Because I think he understood and he found a way to reach out in ways that resonated. And so people responded to the fact that even though he was "not like them", he also might have faced hardships of his own and perceived their pain. Obama was capable of framing all of this in a way that was very inclusive and relatively easy to understand.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The real challenge I guess is not to keep assuring this group that the candidate is one of them but that someone who isn't one of them can still have their best interests at heart. That looking at their problems from a different angle by having different specialties and education doesn't mean you can't be helpful. Maybe even more helpful.

I agree - FDR was a great President - because he came from the ruling class and didn't feel any hesitation to tell that class to stuff it.  He's being handicapped gave him empathy for those who weren't born with the advantages he had automatically due to his parentage.

And I am no fan of Bill given how he dismantled welfare.  But I have heard too many stories of how HRC's campaign really wasn't reaching out to the poor and or "people of color".  Her attitude seemed to be - "Well, who else are they going to vote for."

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, katha said:

And I do worry that the left in many places doesn't want to acknowledge that this disconnect is a problem. It's easier and more comforting, I think, to just say "they're all just vile, ignorant yokels, screw them". But if you want to win, you need those votes. And the reality is more complicated, there's frustration and despair and sometimes rightly the perception that the Democratic party also doesn't care about them and hasn't been pushing for policies that might help and isn't even really committed to try because they're too busy colluding with Wall Street. Then you get apathy or people going for the (misguided) "protest vote" or whatever.

That's also why the Republicans were always so busy to paint Obama as "elitist". It wasn't really working, though (at least not beyond the crowd who was always going to resent him anyway). Because I think he understood and he found a way to reach out in ways that resonated. And so people responded to the fact that even though he was "not like them", he also might have faced hardships of his own and perceived their pain. Obama was capable of framing all of this in a way that was very inclusive and relatively easy to understand.

No, I do acknowledge this. I see that. That was always a problem with Hillary, but I thought the majority of the country would still be reasonable (and they were, by the way).

But I agree that it seems for Democrats to reach those people in THOSE states (although I really believe abolishing the electoral college is far more important, because this shouldn't be happening), we need a cult of personality candidate and that's it. He (or she) HAS to be able to reach people on a personal, I connect with you level in order make them get out to vote. That's what politics is and that has to be the priority in choosing a candidate on the Democratic side.

We have to keep that in mind for sure.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Just saw a list of Trump's transition team.  Guess who's on it (among many others, including three of his children and his son in law)?  Florida AG Pam Bondi.  Now, we might all recall that she and Trump both swore up and down that they don't even know each other, in the wake of the accusation that the (illegal) donation to her campaign was a payoff for her dropping the state's investigation into Trump U.  But, look at that, they certainly know each other well enough for her to have earned an invite to the table now that he's going to be President.  

EXCELLENT...
Edited by lyric
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Macbeth said:

1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

He understood. Michael Moore, for all his faults, understood. 

Lord love us - Evita Peron understood.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, inkworks said:

Silly question but I'm not American. Could Trump appoint Democrats if he wanted to?

He can appoint anyone he likes. if he's serious about his infrastructure projects and about uniting America, he'd be very wise to appoint some Democrats to cabinet positions. He won't,  though.

• Love 6

Romney is correct- there has already been a spike in hate crimes this week since he has been elected. It gives people more incentive to be a racist, misogynistic, and/or homophobic asshole because their president elect is one as well. Sucks that's how people think. I agree that if he gave a speech about how this behavior is not okay, it would relieve everyone's anxiety a little. It would humanize him a little but I doubt he would do that because it would piss off the white supremacists or misogynistic folks that he relied on during this election. Makes me sick.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 11

So apparently Trump is walking back his campaign promise of repealing Obamacare.

And also doesnt look too hung up on appointing Chris Christie to a position in his cabinet.   If he can completely drop Rudy Guiliani, I might just get a good night's sleep. 

I'm hopefully that if nothing else, Trump's ego and desire to keep his "good name" will force him to actually try to do a good job and not just cater to the Republicans (who it seems he doesn't care for anyway). 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

YES!!!! Thank you Barack! The president will do everything he can to try to save this country if at all possible.

Perhaps Obama and his administration isn't going to stand idly by and allow this to happen?

Maybe they're going do to everything in their power to prevent Trump from being President.

Investigate him thoroughly and see if they can find something on him?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Michael Moore said that 90,000 voters in Michigan voted for every position on the ballot except for President.  Hillary lost the state by 11,000 votes.

Moore really is looking like a prophet now. He went out and stumped for Hillary, but when asked if he thought Trump could win, I believe he pretty consistently said he believed he could.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Of all the morons surrounding Trump, I'm always trying to figure out who the LEAST bad person is, so that he actually has somebody not god awful in every conceivable way- and of people like Gingrich, Giuliani, Pence, Palin, Carson, Bannon, Priebus...ooh, it's just so terrible! Christie might actually be preferable by a hair over these guys? Simply because he has recent government experience of SOME sort and more recently showed himself capable of not wanting to say horrifyingly disgusting things about American citizens? I can't even choose between the rest of that crew. Jesus.

I hope that Obama plays him fast behind the scenes, influencing things so in whatever way possible to try to mitigate whatever damage is going to happen. I know, it's like how many times can we ask this man to save the country? But he always tries his best.

I think Christie, like 80 percent of the time is a party stooge, but, that other 20 percent?  He sometimes manages to grab a hold of his moral compass and tries to do the right thing.  Of Trump's inner circle, he's probably the least scary.  (Other than, maybe, Ivanka, who I think won't publicly go against her father but will privately try to influence him when she thinks he's wrong).  Rudy and Newt are evil goblins.  Palin is that dangerous combination of epic stupidity with overwhelming confidence in her own "intelligence."  Carson, I still can't get a read on, but he seems to be one of those candidates who plays the "I'm a Christian" card and thinks it's a blanket pass to do whatever he wants.  Ditto Huckabee.  Priebus is likely as bad as Rudy and Newt.  Bannon is, well, Bannon.  He's pretty much pure evil.  Pence is a lot like Palin - not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and determined to display his "intelligence" despite not having much.  And, like Paul Ryan, he's utterly, shamelessly beholden to his financial backers, welfare of the people be damned.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

@Kalliste

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/woman-faces-criminal-charges-after-falsely-claiming-trump-supporters-attacked-her/351046672

You posted on another thread that you read about hijabs being pulled, that is why I posted the above.

Sorry I can't link correctly for twitter. Megyn is calling out the NYT review of her book, relating to questions being given in advance.

Megyn Kelly ‏@megynkelly  21h21 hours ago

For the record, my book "Settle for More" does not suggest Trump had any debate Qs in advance, nor do I believe that he did.

----------

Also a Michigan democrat leader has spoken out on why Hillary would lose the state:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-said-clinton-was-in-trouble-with-the-voters-i-represent-democrats-didnt-listen/2016/11/10/0e9521a6-a796-11e6-ba59-a7d93165c6d4_story.html

She says Bernie "spoke" to Michigan voters issues. I would venture to say Trump also realized what the issues were that they were concerned about during the campaign. I think if Bernie had not been played during the early campaign season (starting in 2015), he would have had a great chance to keep Michigan blue. Hillary failed to hear the state's needs. Bernie and Trump heard them.

This is why I believe that the Democrats lost this election, more so than the Republicans winning this. The DNC behaved very suspiciously during the primaries and clearly favoured Clinton to win the candidacy. Sanders is no shill and they knew they wouldn't be able to control him. But I believe that is why the DNC shot themselves in the foot by interfering as heavily as they did during the primary process. Bernie Sanders represented a grassroots movement that was sweeping the country. He spoke to the 'little guy' and represented the 'little guy' far more than Donald Trump. His platform attracted the anti-establishment group as well - he could have likely cut into some of those votes that were given to Trump. He would have likely won over more Independents and still had a similar support from Clinton fans even if she had lost the candidacy to him. Given the movement and loyalty Sanders gained throughout his campaign, I was surprised that Clinton didn't name Sanders her VP. Nothing is a guarantee but I feel had that happened, we more likely wouldn't be having this conversation about Donald Trump being president-elect...and that still sounds ridiculous to say. 

I was just reading the NYT's article on Trump's total shock that he won. He doesn't want to live in the White House either (saw that coming) and would rather stay in NY. Guys, this is so nuts.

He never really thought this would happen. He wants to still do rallies because he just likes the adoring crowds. I don't see how they are going to be able to force him to govern.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I was just reading the NYT's article on Trump's total shock that he won. He doesn't want to live in the White House either (saw that coming) and would rather stay in NY. Guys, this is so nuts.

He never really thought this would happen. He wants to still do rallies because he just likes the adoring crowds. I don't see how they are going to be able to force him to govern.

Is anybody really surprised by this?  Trump didnt want to be President...he just wanted to win.  This was a game to him.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Michael Moore said that 90,000 voters in Michigan voted for every position on the ballot except for President.  Hillary lost the state by 11,000 votes.

Sorry, stupid question, not American here, I'm not sure I'm getting that correctly because your voting system is still bizarre to me: those people abstain to chose a president but they voted to elect their representative, judges etc ? Is that it? They left the circle blank?

2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Moore really is looking like a prophet now. He went out and stumped for Hillary, but when asked if he thought Trump could win, I believe he pretty consistently said he believed he could.

Not only that he could, but that he was going to win. He was pretty adament on Bill Maher, under the boos of the audience, that nobody grasped his appeal to blue-collars workers and that dismissing those voters was going to be the biggest mistake "the elite" would make. I know I believed him at the time because blue-collars who are losing their jobs in France are now voting for the far right too (our first woman president will probably be Marine Le Pen, a Trump/Pence combo of her own in 2017... here's hopin' the sexism of the french men prevent that...) because they are abandonned by their politicians here too and want to send a message next year so yeah... I believed him.
Even if I can't stand his ass, too bad nobody took notes, especially when he said he just witnessed Trump being applauded by thousands in the heart of a historically democrat district in Wisconsin. That was a sobering statement.

@lyric and a bit off topic: Yeah! Tony Ortega for the win!
Are you a fellow reader of the Underground Bunker? We really appreciated that, despite his hatred of the mob Scientology and after laying down Bill Clinton favoring the Scientology several times and raising legitimate concerns about the way Hillary could treat "The Church", (concerns never answered by the campain staff by the way*...) he never lost sight of whom the real evil was during this election.
He repeatedly said she shouldn't be judged for her husband's actions twenty years ago (as if a woman could have a brain of her own, seriously, what the fuck Tony?, we all know we're just tits and ass...). Also that Bill's views in no way could help predict what her position would be when elected (haaaaa, good times when everybody thought she would win biggly... I'm still pinching myself and hoping I've been in a coma for days, and having nightmares, hoping somebody will up my oxygen intake).
His pissed off tweets are lifting my spirit this morning! So thanks for posting them!

* For the record, the Trump's campaign, when asked the same question, didn't answer either. The fight is far from over I guess! You would think that the Christian nutjob that just got into the VP seat could do something about a fake church using child labor, slavery and forced abortions (the last one could be a real deal breaker for Pence maybe?) but I'm not holding my breath on that one either!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

Moore was the only liberal who was pretty confident that Trump would end up winning. 

Now, Moore says that Trump will not serve his whole term. 

Michael Moore's prediction

I hope he's right about this, too.

Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, who in July correctly predicted Donald Trump would win the White House, now says the president-elect’s first term will end in either his resignation or impeachment.

“Here’s what’s going to happen, this is why we’re not going to have to suffer through four years of Donald J. Trump, because he has no ideology except the ideology of Donald J. Trump,” Moore said Friday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “And when you have a narcissist like that, who’s so narcissistic where it’s all about him, he will, maybe unintentionally, break laws. He will break laws because he’s only thinking about what’s best for him.”

(sorry if this was already posted, I haven't read through everything yet)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pollock said:

Sorry, stupid question, not American here, I'm not sure I'm getting that correctly because your voting system is still bizarre to me: those people abstain to chose a president but they voted to elect their representative, judges etc ? Is that it? They left the circle blank

Not a stupid question... And yes they left the circle blank.

2 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

Is anybody really surprised by this?  Trump didnt want to be President...he just wanted to win.  This was a game to him.

I would not be surprise if Melania lived in NY cause she doesn't want to be there  either.  They will say they want Barron to stay in his school.   

Edited by marymon
  • Love 6

THe Trump university lawsuit  is scheduled to go to court 11/28.  Trump's lawyers are now saying they would consider a settlement to avoid a trial.

Trump's lawyer asked the judge to exclude from the trial, statements made by Trump during his campaign.  That was denied. 

If his lawyers talk him into settling, we won't hear much more about it.

• Love 4