Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: In-Laws

• Start Topic

After hearing what Tom's mom had to say.. He loves to play.  Tommy doesn't like to be ignored.  He has to have attention. You have to drop everything even your dog and give him all your attention.. OMG all I have to say is run Lily! RUN!  He sounds like an overgrown toddler.  I could describe my son exactly the same way but guess what.. He's two years old!  I had high hopes for you and lily but his little me me me fit at the anniversary dinner about lily running late and not writing her vows really makes sense now.  Tom will probably not be good with kids because they will come first before his needs and interfere with his play time.  He will such the life our if lily and interfere with her job because he will demand to be her first priority. .  

Pepper can jump off a bridge.  Nick is trying so hard.  Nick isn't doing shit.  Derek's ex saying he has a bad temper and needs to control it is very telling.  Especially not as Aww shucks great as he thinks he is.

Loved Heather's pineapple  analogy.  Cute.  I don't think she's as much of a bitch as her friend claimed.. I think production told her what to say.  

• Love 7

Heather and her friend were both wearing swimsuits. I know any of my friends would have to promise me some sun/pool/whatever time after participating in that exercise. 

Tom's so much worse than I thought the first few weeks. He's so childish about their relationship. I think Lilly will stay with him, but I don't see them working out longterm because he doesn't actually respect her priorities. 

Edited by jenrising
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Tom's so much worse than I thought the first few weeks. He's so childish about their relationship. I think Lilly will stay with him, but I don't see them working out longterm because he doesn't actually respect her priorities. 

Tom also doesn't share Lily's goals at all - children, house, family, work, probably a decently comfortable retirement, etc.  This relationship is doomed once the new-sex chemistry wears off.

What Tom was saying about his ex-girlfriends not accepting the bus so breaking up at some point...it's not JUST the bus, Tom.  It's also about those women's dreams and goals for their life, and that usually includes things like family and jobs and houses.  It's about not having any shared goals.  There aren't too many women that want to spend their lives as beach bums with no thought to the future or life goals.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, potatochips said:

What was up with that outfit? Who dresses like that when a friend comes over? Her friend is in jeans and a tank top and Heather looks like she is wearing her wedding night negligee.

45 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Heather and her friend were both wearing swimsuits. I know any of my friends would have to promise me some sun/pool/whatever time after participating in that exercise.

Yup, you could see the knot of Heather's halter-style bikini top at the back of her neck when they showed a shot from behind.  Her friend was just wearing a more substantial shirt.  Also, pants. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I will take Sean being "Christian Grey Sexual" by eating moon pies and assembling Legos with Davina over any of these jokers any day of the week.

Oh, I forgot about the Legos.  Doubt there will be a "message in the bottle" this season either.

All we got is a bus!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I think he has always had mommy bailing his ass out of shit and dealing with issues for him. Something happens he has to call mommy up to handle it all for him because he was never allowed or able to do it on his own. So he has no idea that anything in life really takes work if he has had mommy there to deal with things for him. There are plenty of men and women out there like this. With the fact that his mom has had to tell him at the wedding to tell her she is beautiful and how she would have to talk to him about telling Sonia things (like the death of an Aunt, I think it was), to be that came off as he has to have mommy do it all for him. She never taught him any skills other than to depend on mommy for everything. I also have to wonder the kind of relationships he has seen his mom have too.

I totally agree with this.  Nick has ZERO skills in the relationship department.  I don't think he's gay or anything like that.  He just has no skills in the relationship department.  His own words were that he didn't realize relationships took work; that he thought they'd get married and everything would just happen.  It's not so far fetched, I've actually met people who, like the woman in my example, had no idea what to purchase in a supermarket, had no idea how to cook food.  It was either done for them, or they lived their lives eating junk food and take out.

Maybe that is why this show has so many failures.  Maybe it's because the folks who sign up for this think the experts will do all the work and the relationships will "just happen."  I mean if you've never seen a successful relationship in your family or with your friends, how would you know what it entails?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, jamblastx said:

Check my earlier post...when I saw the cleavage, she could have murdered my family and I would have been like 'Heather, that wasn't nice but...boobies...I can't stay mad at you'. 

Heather does have a great body and I do not believe in slut shaming and think a woman has a right to wear whatever she wants.  However, between this and her wedding dress, I sorta feel like I, as a hetero female, have gotten to second base with Heather, which is way farther then Derek got.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 16

My sister is a realtor and she is on the phone all the time.  If you're going to be married to someone in that business you'd better be a pretty independent person, because they get sucked up into their jobs and when it's busy, you are going to have to be on your own for a bit.  I think Tom is too needy for someone who is essentially an entrepreneur.

As for Sonia, if I were in her shoes I would have thrown in the towel already.  It is better to be alone  your entire life than to be with a man who has no emotions, no empathy, and no ability to ever put someone else first.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Heather does have a great body and do not believe in slut shaming and think a woman has a right to wear whatever she wants.  However, between this and her wedding dress, I sorta feel like I, as a hetero female, have gotten to second base with Heather, which is way farther then Derek got.

HA!  Best post of the day.  So true though.  

I guess we're subjected to seeing Heather and Derek navigate through "new" singledom every episode.  What will happen decision day?  We watch them sign papers? 

26 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

My sister is a realtor and she is on the phone all the time.  If you're going to be married to someone in that business you'd better be a pretty independent person, because they get sucked up into their jobs and when it's busy, you are going to have to be on your own for a bit.  I think Tom is too needy for someone who is essentially an entrepreneur.

As for Sonia, if I were in her shoes I would have thrown in the towel already.  It is better to be alone  your entire life than to be with a man who has no emotions, no empathy, and no ability to ever put someone else first.

Yup.  A realtor (REAL-TOR, not REAL-A-TOR, major pet peeve) is not a Monday thru Friday, 9 to 5 job.  When Lily loses a client, she's losing income and potential future business so I understand bringing that home and being upset.  I also understand that Tom doesn't bring work home so yes, that would create some friction.

Fell asleep during the episode.  They should just go ahead and fast forward to decision day already.

• Love 2

Laughing so hard at Heather with her friend telling her all her negative traits.  Instead of Heather owning it and saying there are things that she should be working on to be more approachable -- she was like "I'm just going to keep loving who I am" or something like that. LOL - that's why you can't find anyone to be with! You're not great "as is," you NEED to work on yourself. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Heather does have a great body and do not believe in slut shaming and think a woman has a right to wear whatever she wants.  However, between this and her wedding dress, I sorta feel like I, as a hetero female, have gotten to second base with Heather, which is way farther then Derek got.

All kidding aside even while I was enjoying the display, I was wondering if it was really the best time for her to be showing off her assets when asking her friend to openly criticize her.  I was half expecting the friend to say, '...and put those puppies away!'

• Love 2
6 hours ago, withanaich said:

I've never actually watched the show so I could be wrong, but this shit sounds like a scam. The "experts" aren't matching couples based on who they think might be compatible, they're matching them hoping for maximum drama. 

I think it's actually worse than that. They get virtually no men who actually *want* to do this. The Show has to scrape the bottom of the social media barrel in an effort to find any men who can somehow be bribed or pushed into it, and they end up with ain't-shit men paired up with clueless women who think this is real.

That leads us to a disaster of the worst kind - it's boring and depressing. It's not good fun trash like 90-Day Fiance, where the people get themselves into their awful and stupid situations. Here, they have experts actually do it for them and that's an order of magnitude worse.

There are exceptions, of course. Neil and Sam from last season , and maybe David and Ashley, seemed to be the reverse, where it was the woman who was doing the conning. 

But there is zero hope for this show unless they can find a large enough pool of sincere men to make some actual matches. Otherwise, the only hope is to find older couples - which might work - or just throw in a few ringers. 

• Love 5

I was trying to find the ratings for this show, to see where they are in regards to previous seasons.  Ratings are what will give them another season, regardless of whether or not they get another successful match.   Given what I've seen on social media, there does seem to be an audience for this show and a fairly large one at that. 

As for the pool of people they have to pull matches from, that may or may not be hampering the show.  But the point is not that they will find perfect people for other perfect people.  They will try to find a compatible match and then give the tools needed to try and make a relationship.  I don't find the experts heinous or anything and I think they may get edited as much as the couples do.  I like a lot of what they say.  And the truth is, many people are not in long-lasting relationships because they walk out when it's not perfect.  And it never will be perfect, but their expectations are that it should be.

I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the last two, and thought the people involved have been interesting.  This particular episode was not the most fascinating, but I'm still interested in all six participants.  Poor Derek and Heather, having to be included in some way.  Still, I enjoyed Heather's friend a great deal.   

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

As for the pool of people they have to pull matches from, that may or may not be hampering the show.  But the point is not that they will find perfect people for other perfect people.  They will try to find a compatible match and then give the tools needed to try and make a relationship.  I don't find the experts heinous or anything and I think they may get edited as much as the couples do.  I like a lot of what they say.  And the truth is, many people are not in long-lasting relationships because they walk out when it's not perfect.  And it never will be perfect, but their expectations are that it should be.

True, if someone isn't willing to do the "work" the relationship won't work either, no matter how "perfect" the people are. 

• Love 2

I'm thinking the producers and "so called" experts don't care if the marriages bomb. In fact, they probably want conflict to spice things up. The whole concept is a bad one and it would be a miracle if it worked. Let's hope this is the last season for this mess of a show. 

• Love 1

Dr Pepper - stop with your lame-ass preaching that Sonia needs to move back in or the marriage will crumble..  Nick was 100% checked out UNTIL Sonia moved out.  Sonia is not as ditsy as she looks.  She sees Nick likes a chase.  Sadly, his chasing skills are as shoddy as his conversation skills.

• Love 10

You know something, this whole "experiment" just feels wrong to me.  If it were real and nobody was watching - then maybe, but even then I don't like it.  It reminds me of studies that show babies in orphanages that are fed and clothed, but not loved and then don't thrive.  What poor babies get picked for that wonderful study?  

And we're all pretty sure this is mostly made up for TV crap (I admit - it hasn't kept me from watching the train wreck), but in that light it is even worse.  They are playing with people's lives - even though the people involved were willing it is still icky to me.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

Dr Pepper - stop with your lame-ass preaching that Sonia needs to move back in or the marriage will crumble..  Nick was 100% checked out UNTIL Sonia moved out.  Sonia is not as ditsy as she looks.  She sees Nick likes a chase.  Sadly, his chasing skills are as shoddy as his conversation skills.

Is it just me or does Nick seem way more interested in her now that she's gone? Starting to think he just needed a little breathing space and his flip out was just what Sonia needed to gain some confidence... which is probably more attractive. 

• Love 7

I had problems in marriage and got into the habit of working too hard, when things got better my husband noticed I was missing most of the time, and pointed out I just came home to sleep some days and other days did not even come home for that. I really did have to learn how to disconnect, and this was before cell phones and no escape, With cell phones I imagine you have to learn how to not answer it and not to worry about that it can consume you. Not living with Tom and Lily, I have no idea how much she is on the phone, often enough  we see her there but not there, very attached to her cell. So I won't judge, she is single and you can do that single, but married you actually have to be there some times. So not going to judge either way.

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

It's like he lives in his own little solipsistic pre-Copernican universe where everyone is an offshoot of his own ego.  People are judged based on how well they please him and if they don't it must be something they're doing wrong.  This is all that matters.  Like zero empathy.  Way to go, "experts", matching a guy with no empathy with a super-empath like Sonia.  Not going to work, and I'm sure Sonia's gut is preaching that to her every minute of every day, which is why she's not moving back in.  It just boggles me that Nick is acting like Sonia is the one that isn't invested when he flat out said he wasn't attracted to her.  How invested must he be to make a hurtful comment like that? 

This is what abusers do - they are always innocent, in the right, & their victims are always the ones who are wrong & hurting *them*.  They feel entitled to get what they want from everyone no matter how they treat others. He may have narcissistic personality disorder traits. No way should anyone go near this guy; he has a lot of self help work to do, but he doesn't realize it yet & may never.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, operalover said:

No you are not. It's been mentioned many times. The weird thing was he wanted to see Sonia's house because he wanted to know what her decorating style was, lol.

ok, thanks...  i haven't been able to follow all the threads this season. i feel bad for Sonia though, she seems like a lovely woman, really. too bad she doesn't see it, or maybe she's ok w/it. she did say he was very metro in an early episode.

7 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

I'm confused.  Sonia gets out of the bed in THEIR house, brushes her teeth in THEIR house and her TH said she still hasn't moved in.  I had to go back and rewatch it ( thought I had fallen asleep and missed the connection) this editing is awful

How weird was that? I noticed it when she got out of bed and went in to that really nice bathroom to brush her teeth which for some reason the cameraman thought was very important for us to watch start to finish. I thought wow, that's a nice updated bathroom with all the  pretty tile and finishes. Then.... they're giving the dogs a bath in Nicks bathroom which is the same exact one that was supposed to be Sonia's! Then... next morning after Nick walks her to her car the night before to go home, she wakes up in a bedroom with two twin beds! WTF?

Derek and Heather- dear god. Here's a reason they are both single and in their mid thirties- they are boring, boring, boring as hell!!

Oh, and Nick, please, time for you to STFU about "liking" Sonia and pretending to want her to move back in. Every time he says anything nice about her he looks like he wants to throw up. 

Sonia's little golf outfit, white top, green shorts and cute white sandals looked adorable on her. I also noticed how nice she looked when she went to the house in a dress and sexy black stiletto's with ankle straps. Wowza,she is looking good. I think she may have even lost some weight since the first ep.  If Nick doesn't want to hit that by now there's just no hope for that poker faced fool. 

According to the previews, We're finally going to see busgate next week. Lily is going to lose her cool and the shit will finally hit the fan with those two!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How weird was that? I noticed it when she got out of bed and went in to that really nice bathroom to brush her teeth which for some reason the cameraman thought was very important for us to watch start to finish. I thought wow, that's a nice updated bathroom with all the  pretty tile and finishes. Then.... they're giving the dogs a bath in Nicks bathroom which is the same exact one that was supposed to be Sonia's! Then... next morning after Nick walks her to her car the night before to go home, she wakes up in a bedroom with two twin beds! WTF?

Derek and Heather- dear god. Here's a reason they are both single and in their mid thirties- they are boring, boring, boring as hell!!

Oh, and Nick, please, time for you to STFU about "liking" Sonia and pretending to want her to move back in. Every time he says anything nice about her he looks like he wants to throw up. 

Sonia's little golf outfit, white top, green shorts and cute white sandals looked adorable on her. I also noticed how nice she looked when she went to the house in a dress and sexy black stiletto's with ankle straps. Wowza,she is looking good. I think she may have even lost some weight since the first ep.  If Nick doesn't want to hit that by now there's just no hope for that poker faced fool. 

According to the previews, We're finally going to see busgate next week. Lily is going to lose her cool and the shit will finally hit the fan with those two!

I forgot to mention that I noticed the weirdness with Sonia's apartment/joint house too.  Firstly because I thought it was strange that Sonia's own place had a bed directly on the floor, with no frame or anything.  Then I too noticed the bathroom (because the scene was something like 20 freaking minutes long) and how nice it was.  So either terrible editing or producer shenanigans!  

Heather may be single because she thinks she's a damn pineapple.  Just saying.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, belladonna77 said:

Anyone else notice how much sexier Sonia is dressing now that she's not living with Nick?  That's an interesting choice.

Yes, and that black and blue dress was all kinds of awesome. It looked very pretty on her. *sigh* what I would give for her hair....

• Love 2

Amber for the win! She completely matched what I would do if a friend asked me to do "naked moments."

There are some ambitious people that want a spouse who isn't as ambitious so they can take charge. Lily does not strike me as one such person - I think she's better suited to someone who is equally ambitious, or at the VERY least, who supports her ambition. Tom is not that person. Tom definitely needs a woman who's also on the "eat, sleep, and surf" tip. This isn't a match that will work long-term. They'll stay married past the six weeks; they might even stay married a few years, but this will end with "We wanted different things."

I was getting so annoyed on Sonia's behalf when the "experts" were demanding that she move back in. In her shoes I wouldn't make a decision publicly before decision day, but I would a) not move in, and b) have already made up my mind to get divorced.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I was trying to find the ratings for this show, to see where they are in regards to previous seasons.  Ratings are what will give them another season, regardless of whether or not they get another successful match.   Given what I've seen on social media, there does seem to be an audience for this show and a fairly large one at that. 

I am not sure what the ratings have been like for it but since they already have the next season lined up there is that. I haven't seen a thing on any trying to find another group for the season after though so maybe it will be over soon. It really should have been before this season IMO. I keep asking myself why I stick around watching this mess. As for the "experts" they are a joke IMO. One walked out on her marriage and shouldn't be demanding someone else go back to their shitty ass spouse that doesn't even like them. Then we have another that isn't even an "expert" of anything really and another that was on a different show before this. I think they are just as bad as the other ones and Pepper should not have been kept around either. I haven't heard anything said that isn't common sense and most already know but I do see how they try to shove people to stay together that have no reason to and are done and don't like each other. That is NOT ok and it shows they are only thinking of how they look because of it with having another failed season. 

2 hours ago, potatochips said:

I'm thinking the producers and "so called" experts don't care if the marriages bomb. In fact, they probably want conflict to spice things up. The whole concept is a bad one and it would be a miracle if it worked. Let's hope this is the last season for this mess of a show. 

Sadly its not the last season but hopefully that one will be because its just a major shitfest at this point with how its turning out. Each season seems to get worse and worse in some way. 

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

This is what abusers do - they are always innocent, in the right, & their victims are always the ones who are wrong & hurting *them*.  They feel entitled to get what they want from everyone no matter how they treat others. He may have narcissistic personality disorder traits. No way should anyone go near this guy; he has a lot of self help work to do, but he doesn't realize it yet & may never.

I don't see NPD in him. I grew up around that and he isn't showing that. I know it comes in different forms but the most part is that the person will act kind and say things kind enough to you until they want to rip you apart and try to destory your self esteem. IMO Sam from last season was a great example of one with how she treated Neil and then put on her fake nice act to try to get him to stay so she could go back to doing it all over again with treating him like shit. Nick is just an mean, cold hearted idiot that has no clue how to act towards another. As I said before it wouldn't surprise me if he has had his mommy do everything for him in life and "fix" any issues he ever has so he has no idea how to be in life. Or he just is trying to "act" his way through the show and that the viewers will by his BS he keeps spewing...even though its got not an ounce of feeling in it at all....which I am taking it there are those buying his crap. I still fall in line with the thinking he is gay...maybe bi but doubt it. Maybe he can't deal with what he feels for some reason but no matter if he is or not, the fact is he is not into Sonia at all and never was. Oh and he has a major drinking issue to get a hand on as well it seems. 

59 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Probably to cheap or lazy to send a crew to her place that day and figured they could fool the viewers into believing more of their bs editing with the fake "waking up" scenes. She probably didn't spend the night there but was just filmed in such a manner for whatever reason or to make it seem she had and she is back. Who the heck knows what their logic is ever on why they film these fake waking up scenes and why editing is as it is. 

And agree he has looked that way from the get go with her. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I am not sure what the ratings have been like for it but since they already have the next season lined up there is that. I haven't seen a thing on any trying to find another group for the season after though so maybe it will be over soon. It really should have been before this season IMO. I keep asking myself why I stick around watching this mess. As for the "experts" they are a joke IMO. One walked out on her marriage and shouldn't be demanding someone else go back to their shitty ass spouse that doesn't even like them. Then we have another that isn't even an "expert" of anything really and another that was on a different show before this. I think they are just as bad as the other ones and Pepper should not have been kept around either. I haven't heard anything said that isn't common sense and most already know but I do see how they try to shove people to stay together that have no reason to and are done and don't like each other. That is NOT ok and it shows they are only thinking of how they look because of it with having another failed season. Sadly its not the last season but hopefully that one will be because its just a major shitfest at this point with how its turning

Davina, is that you? 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I don't see NPD in him. I grew up around that and he isn't showing that. I know it comes in different forms but the most part is that the person will act kind and say things kind enough to you until they want to rip you apart and try to destory your self esteem. IMO Sam from last season was a great example of one with how she treated Neil and then put on her fake nice act to try to get him to stay so she could go back to doing it all over again with treating him like shit.

I didn't say the full blown NPD, but my amateur opinion is that he has 'traits'. I grew up around it too. I've been around people with NPD traits my entire life, & not all said kind things to me; many times it's a constant tearing down (even in smaller, less obvious ways) to keep control, while showing another, kinder side to others to look like a great person. Very toxic & very damaging.

Nick is pinging me with his behaviors right now... with him it's the lack of empathy & wanting to 'look good' along with playing the victim (when he has done the damage) that concern me. He seems to lack any real understanding or remorse. 'Geesh, Sonia just isn't trying by not moving back in - what right does she have to leave just because she doesn't feel emotionally safe due to my hurtful behavior & outburst??' Total befuddlement...  Sonia doesn't trust him & for good reason.

And to Nick - blurting out to the camera that you don't find your new wife attractive & you don't like her is NOT being in it "wholeheartedly" -  "just sayin"...  

Edited by gonecrackers

Dear Heather,  from one 'pineapple' to another, forget that crap 'therapy' activity with your 'friend'... join a board like this one & anonymously dis Derek, Amber, & the whole stupid show. It'll be fun & good 'therapy' for you.  Sincerely, gonecrackers

• Love 13

Free spirited 'Tommy' is having trouble because Lily has actual life goals, something he can't seem to relate to right now. 

And what was up with the permission to marry & blessing giving stuff with Tom & Lily's mom? The poor woman seemed totally confused, probably not so much from the language barrier as she might have been wondering, 'what is the point of this crap now, you already married her!'  

• Love 6

I can't take credit for this comment - but I think its completely true re: Nick at the golf course:

Aha! PROOF HE AIN'T ATTRACTED TO HER. The only reason any man in the universe takes a woman to the driving range is so he can stand up behind her, press his junk on her ass, and show her how to swing. He didn't get within 3 feet of her. He's a punk.

its from here: http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1054734-Married-At-First-Sight-Season-4-Starts-July-26/page60

• Love 8
13 hours ago, cinsays said:

I hate those little tests they "experts" want them to do.  Nick had about as much interest in discussing anything personal with Sonia as he would with dancing naked at a strip club.

Now, now, don't forget those dance moves he showed us at the Cinco de Mayo party.

9 hours ago, kira28 said:

Loved Heather's pineapple  analogy.  Cute.  I don't think she's as much of a bitch as her friend claimed.. I think production told her what to say.  

She paused in the middle of her analogy and I wondered where she was going with it. I thought rough on the outside, bitter and sour on the inside.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I seriously hope you are joking. If not, I am offended because I couldn't stand her princess stick up the butt self. Didn't like Sean either btw. 

Just thought you had similar feelings about the experts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peaceknit said:

I saw that too. The first thing I thought of was that she may have been in heat. I could be wrong, not being a dog person.

lol.... all dogs have pink butts.... they just show up really pink on white dogs or when your dog is freshly cleaned.... it doesn't stand out as much on darker dogs... they don't show 'heat' through their backside.... only females go into heat and they have a period, just like women do

Edited by jjtvgal
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, jamblastx said:

Check my earlier post...when I saw the cleavage, she could have murdered my family and I would have been like 'Heather, that wasn't nice but...boobies...I can't stay mad at you'. 

Well.... it was called Naked Moments - or something like that - right? 

Other thoughts on this oh-so-riveting episode:

-- I would like to thank the show for the captions when Sonia's dad was talking... HOWEVER, I could understand him without much effort.  Truthfully, I really need the language help when mush-mouth Nick is talking.

-- Tom, Tom, Tom - you landed yourself a grown-ass woman with a real-life job.  Dude, I bet you're going to screw it up because you are so damn needy.  Lilly has what seems like a great career.  Man-boy Tom has not much of one.  She's in real estate - the computer, phone, iPad are all the tools of trade that she NEEDS.  What is wrong with you - other than you really would rather live in Neverland?  Maybe she lost the clients because she was unavailable because of you-know-who.  So - "EXPERTS"?  Why couldn't you pair Lilly with a success oriented classy ambitious guy? 

--The editing on this show seems so strange - other people have mentioned it so I'm not alone.  The TH's are cobbled together and it is obvious.  I notice it especially when they show Sonia because she wears her hair in so many different ways and it is easier to spot. 

...that's all - what a dumb episode.  Best part of this show is this board. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I didn't say the full blown NPD, but my amateur opinion is that he has 'traits'. I grew up around it too. I've been around people with NPD traits my entire life, & not all said kind things to me; many times it's a constant tearing down (even in smaller, less obvious ways) to keep control, while showing another, kinder side to others to look like a great person. Very toxic & very damaging.

Nick is pinging me with his behaviors right now... with him it's the lack of empathy & wanting to 'look good' along with playing the victim (when he has done the damage) that concern me. He seems to lack any real understanding or remorse. 'Geesh, Sonia just isn't trying by not moving back in - what right does she have to leave just because she doesn't feel emotionally safe due to my hurtful behavior & outburst??' Total befuddlement...  Sonia doesn't trust him & for good reason.

And to Nick - blurting out to the camera that you don't find your new wife attractive & you don't like her is NOT being in it "wholeheartedly" -  "just sayin"...   

moron he is

Yes I know that is how they act. I am one of those that has limited contact with my mother to email and nothing more since its easier to control having the option for myself on dealing with her fake crap. Hell I still deal with the aftermath from growing up with it. I refuse to talk to my sister because she is the same as as our mom and on top of it has drug and alcohol problems. No thanks. Yet I don't see it with Nick. While he does have a major lack of empathy I have seen so many kids nowadays that way as well because they were not taught by their parents how to have any feeling of empathy for others. The thing is he doesn't say anything nice to her and then tear her down. He is saying things to the camera which obviously has no meaning behind it but he never tells those things to Sonia. If he was telling her these things and then basically taking it back in a mean and hurtful manner I would agree he showed signs of being NPD but I think he just has other issues really. One of them being alcohol. Which I can not understand how these "experts" don't see that. He has been drunk in front of them on more than one occasion. Of course they also didn't notice Derek was high so it figures. 

• Love 1

Does anyone one else think that Sonia didn't tell her dad about her fight with Nick or her moving out? Mr. Granados was acting way too friendly toward Nick for Sonia to have told him. Wonder why Sonia decided to keep him in the dark.

Also I wish we could see Nick's mother's reaction to Nick's outburst...

• Love 5

I will always question why Nick was allowed to endlessly wear his company, Section 8, t-shirts and hats.

Maybe he did or maybe he didn't pay a promo fee, but it clearly seems like it was a reason he did the show. I blame the show for agreeing. It is just all wrong!

Why didn't we see Nick's mother on the "in-law" episode?  Does anyone remember about his father?

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Yes I know that is how they act. I am one of those that has limited contact with my mother to email and nothing more since its easier to control having the option for myself on dealing with her fake crap. Hell I still deal with the aftermath from growing up with it. I refuse to talk to my sister because she is the same as as our mom and on top of it has drug and alcohol problems. No thanks. Yet I don't see it with Nick. While he does have a major lack of empathy I have seen so many kids nowadays that way as well because they were not taught by their parents how to have any feeling of empathy for others. The thing is he doesn't say anything nice to her and then tear her down. He is saying things to the camera which obviously has no meaning behind it but he never tells those things to Sonia. If he was telling her these things and then basically taking it back in a mean and hurtful manner I would agree he showed signs of being NPD but I think he just has other issues really. One of them being alcohol. Which I can not understand how these "experts" don't see that. He has been drunk in front of them on more than one occasion. Of course they also didn't notice Derek was high so it figures. 

I get it, believe me; same boat here! And he may just be triggering me; there are things about him like that for me. I'd still be 'on guard', if I were Sonia, though, as he is someone with issues, whether it be NPD traits, addictive behavior, whatever... there's something up there with him.

What's really irritated me the most was him saying *she* was the one not in it 'wholeheartedly', after he blurted out those awful comments about her in a TH to the camera. How rude & hurtful (after they supposedly had sex), then act like she's not trying because she won't live with him. That really got me, especially then he was so flip about it, like he was making a valid point of some sort, he says, "just sayin'" with this 'I got ya on this one' face - oh wow - honestly he needed a good smack upside the head for that one. He has no sense. Either that or something is really up with how they're playing us on this couple.

9 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Of course they also didn't notice Derek was high so it figures. 

Or maybe they did with both but didn't care - drama of course.

I was also wondering about Sonia's father - either he was prepped to be 'supportive', or, she didn't say anything about what really went down between them, or, he just doesn't care somehow?

I'm going with he may have been prepped, since so much is productive driven. He seemed kind of uncomfortable.

If someone did that to my dd he'd be hearing about it, & maybe that's why the moms weren't involved (wouldn't 'play along' on this one?). Nick's mom seems like she'd speak it out about that, hopefully, but maybe not for the show's sake.

• Love 1

Now that it has aired, all the family knows what actually went down.  Sonia had mentioned earlier that we were going to meet her dad.  My dad would not have even been civil.  Nick may have been too drunk to remember what he said, and therefore doesn't understand why she moved out. If I were him, I would be so embarrassed after watching this.  of course, I would think the participants would have a chance to view before the airing, does anyone know?

Heather has a better body than I do, but I disagree with other posters about her "assets".  When you are a top heavy woman, gravity takes over.  After years of strapless tops and dresses you find out the damage done.  Her very low cut wedding gown looked awful and it cheapened her.  The top/swimsuit what ever with the negligée type cover was just as bad.  It is not a good look for someone her age and gravity.  She is no pineapple

On October 12, 2016 at 10:26 AM, jamblastx said:

Ha ha ha.  You crack me up ..LMAO.  That's why I read this blog.

• Love 2