Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cause she gets away with it.  How many times has Poppy interrupted?  Very disrespectful to who Jenna is interviewing.

And they think it is all so very cute. 😝

• Love 3

It’s nice to know that Jenna doesn’t have a nanny or au pair to pawn her kids off to. She’s like everyone else in the workforce who’s been working from home and Skyping. There are countless stories of this going on. It didn’t bother me and I don’t even like Jenna. LOL!!!

• Love 1
On 6/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Hoda has a book coming out in October 🙄

Oh goodie!  I look forward to not buying it!

20 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I find Craig really obnoxious.

I don't know how anyone can stand the sound of that guy's voice.  I've tried listening to him a couple of times and both times, NOPE. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I don't know how anyone can stand the sound of that guy's voice.  I've tried listening to him a couple of times and both times, NOPE. 

Yeah, you think he would have gotten that voice fixed by now. LOL!!! I’m kinda surprised he’s lasted because it sounds like he has a cold everyday. It’s so annoying. It’s like he struggling to speak everyday. 

• Love 1
On 6/19/2020 at 8:08 AM, Cementhead said:

he's got a hell of a cute dimple though heh. 😎🧟‍♀️

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Shocked to see that it beat out CBS Sunday Morning.

Who votes in these award shows??? CBS Sunday Morning has always been a totally class act. Pee-Wee's Play house could beat out The Today Show.

• LOL 4

If they considered only the weekend versions, it would be more understandable, because the hosts behave like adults. Even the first hour of the weekday version is increasingly swallowed up by trivia and noisy in-jokes.

• Love 1

Why can’t Savanah & Hoda be in the studio 6 feet apart like Hoda & Craig do now? I thought it was because she has young kids but then Hoda has young kids,too. Just curious.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bugaboo said:

Jenna does not know how to pronounce many words, especially if they contain the letter "t".

Remember, she’s from ”Dexas” and pronouncing her t’s isn’t “impordunt”

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Remember, she’s from ”Dexas” and pronouncing her t’s isn’t “impordunt”

And, she was a school teacher. Yes. It boggles the (my) mind. 

Edited by ByaNose
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Jenna does not know how to pronounce biopic.

OMG! I just watched it. That is so embarrassing...........for us. Does she actually get paid? Jenna it’s BI-O-PIC not BI-OPIC. 

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

OMG! I just watched it. That is so embarrassing...........for us. Does she actually get paid? Jenna it’s BI-O-PIC not BI-OPIC. 

Was she thinking BI-OPTIC?  Which again just proves she can't pronounce her T's🤣

On 6/30/2020 at 12:17 AM, seasons said:

I think she was a teacher's aide, not a teacher.😕

Firstly, I’m shocked Jenna has a degree in English. Secondly, I think you’re right. I thought she said she was early education teacher or something like that. Thirdly, Jenna has a degree in English????????

• LOL 6
On 7/1/2020 at 11:00 PM, ByaNose said:

Firstly, I’m shocked Jenna has a degree in English. Secondly, I think you’re right. I thought she said she was early education teacher or something like that. Thirdly, Jenna has a degree in English????????

Jenna is the daughter and granddaughter of Presidents.  Pretty sure she was going to get any degree she wanted.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I think Jenna is coming back to the studio in two weeks to join Hoda. Apparently, they’re going to use a very long desk. They won’t have a studio audience anytime soon. I hated the audience anyway. It look them forever to get seated & Hoda would do her Elaine dance which she thinks is cool. I was getting tired of the Skype stuff but I understood why they did it. I even liked their unScripted segment.  It will bring a little normalcy back to the show. It won’t improve Jenna but at least they’ll be in the same space and still have their Friday’s off. 

• Love 1

Regis Philbin has passed away at age 88. My heart goes out to his friends and family. Not looking forward to weeks of “Remembering Regis” segments, Hoda getting emotional while sad music plays, Kathie Lee segments where she mentions Jesus/God/the Lord and the Today anchors taking random things Regis said and acting like they’re the most profound thing they’ve ever heard. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Kathi Lee managed to make her tribute to Regis mostly about herself this morning.

I enjoyed it though.  So much better than the fake tears, black dress, candles and white flowers from you know who on the other show.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Kathi Lee managed to make her tribute to Regis mostly about herself this morning.

I actually thought she did a good job. And, this coming from a person who couldn’t stand her during the end of her run on LIVE. She pretty much annoyed me on Today, too. Anyway, I liked that she kept in touch & would just let him run with it & laugh. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I enjoyed it though.  So much better than the fake tears, black dress, candles and white flowers from you know who on the other show.

Agree. “You know who” completely embarrassed herself. To think I used to like her from back in the All My Children days. 

Kathie Lee is annoying as all get out, but she had a long personal relationship with Regis and his family. It’s obvious she adored him and he seemed to feel the same.  I enjoyed her little tribute today. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Agree. “You know who” completely embarrassed herself. To think I used to like her from back in the All My Children days. 

Kathie Lee is annoying as all get out, but she had a long personal relationship with Regis and his family. It’s obvious she adored him and he seemed to feel the same.  I enjoyed her little tribute today. 

Who is “you know who”?

The more I hear Craig Melvin in a casual conversation with the others in the 9:00 hour, the more I think he's a jerk.  Today he was complaining about the mess his kids make and implying that his wife doesn't keep the house clean enough.  Here's a hint, pal, you can run the vac too.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The more I hear Craig Melvin in a casual conversation with the others in the 9:00 hour, the more I think he's a jerk.  Today he was complaining about the mess his kids make and implying that his wife doesn't keep the house clean enough.  Here's a hint, pal, you can run the vac too.

A lot of it is her mess though.  She is a self-admitted hoarder, loves arts and crafts that she doesn't always clean up.  There is a huge playroom for the kids, but yet their toys are all over the place - they are old enough to put their toys away.  She encourages creativity, but not cleanliness:)

Why isn't Savannah back in the studio?  She was there after her cataract surgery, but she's back home now.  I have lost interest in this program, and I've been watching for decades.  It's boring. Maybe it's because they can't go outside and interact with people on Rockefeller Plaza, or maybe it's because there are no in-studio guests.  Or maybe they are just bored with it too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

Why isn't Savannah back in the studio?  She was there after her cataract surgery, but she's back home now.  I have lost interest in this program, and I've been watching for decades.  It's boring. Maybe it's because they can't go outside and interact with people on Rockefeller Plaza, or maybe it's because there are no in-studio guests.  Or maybe they are just bored with it too.

It is boring.   And, it's not a news program any more.  At least not ALL the news.  They are, first and foremost, news readers.  Not opinionators, experts, or influencers.  Just teleprompter talking heads.  Once you take that away all you are left with are their personalities.  And, they are not entertainment (or entertaining) personalities.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I’ve been wondering if Al and Sheinelle are ever coming back too. It’s ironic that Sheinelle is in SC, when the NY metro area is about the safest place  in the country for covid.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

I’ve been wondering if Al and Sheinelle are ever coming back too. It’s ironic that Sheinelle is in SC, when the NY metro area is about the safest place  in the country for covid.

Sheinelle was leaving SC this week I believe, if she hasn't already left.

• Love 2

I wonder since Al is older (65) if he’s in a high risk bracket if he’ll ever come back?! I could understand why but he hasn’t even attempted to come into the studio even when Dylan was on maternity leave. We were preempted today so I didn’t know Savanah was WFH. Now, if she’s home tomorrow again I give up. Just make up your mind. Come to work or stay home. Honestly, it really doesn’t matter since half the time you can even tell. I will say Hoda some credit. For all the times she’s been out on leave she’s been holding down the fort at the studios. I don’t think she ever worked from home, did she?

• Love 1

I’ve been wondering when they will all be back in the studio as well. If/when a second wave hits they may have to stay home again so you would think producers would want to get the gang back together while NY numbers are declining. I live in the NY metro area and local NBC newscasters are back in the studio for the most part. 

• Love 3

I think Savanah was there today. I guess they are flexible with their schedule. Hoda has been very consistent working from the studio. The same for Craig. I will say I miss the crowds in the plaza but I don’t miss the audience that Hoda & Jenna were starting before the shit hit the fan. Just like my real life work life I think Today is working things out, too. I think Al is working from home for the foreseeable future mostly due to his age. In fact, I’ve been working from home since March and I was told we might not go back till January 2021. It’s all just so crazy for everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 9:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Sheinelle was leaving SC this week I believe, if she hasn't already left.

She’l have to quarantine for 14 days when she does come back.

Older newscasters than Al are working in the studios for local NY stations. No idea if he has some other underlying condition beside age.

I do seem to remember that one reason for them working remotely was to minimize the support staff in the studio.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I sense a new book title:)

OMG! I can literally see it.

Also, how many more books will Jenna write about her families thoughts and journal entries? Please shut up. The first book was nice but another one?!?!? 

• Love 1