Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On 2/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, OpalNightstream said:

Just wanted to say that every time  someone posts phonetically like Jenna speaks I lose it!! 🤣🤣

Me too!

"Todally". 😉

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

But I bet he remembers the names of his co-workers children🙄.  Hoda is just beyond rude.

Hoda is unbelievably self centered.  Jenna probably talks about her son everyday and Hoda isn’t even interested enough to learn his name.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Axie said:

Hoda is unbelievably self centered.  Jenna probably talks about her son everyday and Hoda isn’t even interested enough to learn his name.

Her daughter’s name is HAL-ey and she still can’t remember 😂😂

• Love 3

There was a NBC Head Honcho guy there this morning(they showed him watched from the side), I guess he is checking up on how the Live audiences are going.  I don't know what I think...everything seems rather "over the top" and they rushed thru the Ambush Make-over this morning & did not even have time to talk to the wife, and I enjoy the Ambush Make-over segments. 

• Love 1

I have always found her to be extremely annoying.  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she wasn’t that self-centered. But she couldn’t even get a gift (doesnt online shopping make this 1000x easier these days, or ask one of your assistants to get one) for Jenna‘s new baby and then to top it off after all this time still can’t remember his name. If it’s not about hoda and her babies it’s just not worth her time. 

• Love 7

Looks like they are taping two shows on Thursday. Wonder why no live shows on Fridays? Was that Jenna 's thing or did that start with klg? Hoda is there anyway on Fridays.

https://www.today.com/popculture/hoda-jenna-live-audience-tickets-here-s-what-know-t171845

Just now, seasons said:

Looks like they are taping two shows on Thursdays. Wonder why no live shows on Fridays? Was that Jenna 's thing or did that start with klg? Hoda is there anyway on Fridays.

https://www.today.com/popculture/hoda-jenna-live-audience-tickets-here-s-what-know-t171845

Edited by seasons
Sorry such a mess.
On 2/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, OpalNightstream said:

Just wanted to say that every time  someone posts phonetically like Jenna speaks I lose it!! 🤣🤣

She can say Austin, Texas without any problem.  I was waiting for Ausdin, Dexas😂🤣

• LOL 3

Ok so we all laugh about how Jenna can’t say her “t’s” and she claims it’s because she’s from Texas—well today I was listening to a podcast and the lady was also from Texas and she was doing the same damn thing!  Saying “impordant” like fifty million times....Texas peeps is this really a thing?!  I couldn’t even concentrate on the podcast all I could think about was Jenna!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 10:08 PM, mostlylurking said:

Ok so we all laugh about how Jenna can’t say her “t’s” and she claims it’s because she’s from Texas—well today I was listening to a podcast and the lady was also from Texas and she was doing the same damn thing!  Saying “impordant” like fifty million times....Texas peeps is this really a thing?!  I couldn’t even concentrate on the podcast all I could think about was Jenna!

Yesterday she was reading one of the love letters her grandfather had "wridden" to her grandmother.

15 hours ago, seasons said:

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

What a different vibe on the Saturday show. Peter Alexander and Kristen Walker are so professional. Dave Price in for Dylan is great too. The Sunday show with Willie Geist is very good too. No hyped up silly crap like during the week.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, Axie said:

Goes to show how manufactured their relationship is. They have zero chemistry and the show is pretty much unwatchable now. I had my issues with KLG but at least they had the appearance of being friends. 

• Love 4
On 2/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, seasons said:

What a different vibe on the Saturday show. Peter Alexander and Kristen Walker are so professional. Dave Price in for Dylan is great too. The Sunday show with Willie Geist is very good too. No hyped up silly crap like during the week.

I agree. I really enjoy the weekend shows. Dave Price is our local weatherman here in the NY area and he’s a great addition to the national show in Dylan’s absence. I really feel Kristen, Peter, and Willie are more professional than the weekday “a” team, while still being relatable. 

• Love 3

What is it with their crying about their lives? These are grown woman & they constantly cry about their lives like they are 16 year old girls. Also, since it can’t be said enough but Jenna is awful & can’t speak proper English & her y’all is annoying as hell. I don’t care if she’s from Texas. You’re in your 40’s & on network tv. Grow up!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What is it with their crying about their lives? These are grown woman & they constantly cry about their lives like they are 16 year old girls. Also, since it can’t be said enough but Jenna is awful & can’t speak proper English & her y’all is annoying as hell. I don’t care if she’s from Texas. You’re in your 40’s & on network tv. Grow up!

I was killing time and watched old eps where Jenna was co-hosting with KLG - she talks just fine - proper English and all.  Even the ep where her mom was the guest.  I don't seem to remember a problem when she co-hosted Today's Take.  She says y'all once in awhile - no big deal.  But now with Hoda, it's like she does the "Texas" thing to get attention.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I agree. I really enjoy the weekend shows. Dave Price is our local weatherman here in the NY area and he’s a great addition to the national show in Dylan’s absence. I really feel Kristen, Peter, and Willie are more professional than the weekday “a” team, while still being relatable. 

I'd like to see dave price on the weekends and then free up dylan for weekdays on the third hour and filling in for al as needed.

• Love 1

Valerie Bertinelli was on whining again about being fat and depressed! Good grief ! WTF is wrong with these women in broadcasting and entertainment???

Do any of these women NOT reveal every freaking feeling or body function to the world anymore ?    Women now are acting pathetic ! I’m not saying they can’t share stories , but do they have to cry and blubber on national tv while they are dealing with issues , adopting , going through miscarriages or IVF?

Valerie from all accounts had a decent family and did not turn out a total mess like most child stars .  Yes, she had to work  from a young age, but spare me the tears when she is a multi millionaire, has holidays by the ocean in her very expensive west coast home, has someone else who appears to be a decent husband and was able to get a contract from a food network because of her celebrity that others would love to have that are trained chefs ! 
I am not saying that Valerie may not have real issues with depression , but she is NOT like us, and like all of the dumbass women who write to the Today show say  she is ! She is able to afford the best therapists and not work if needed .  

BTW, why doesn’t she get a real therapist and privately get help for whatever is going on instead of talking to the  flakey ,  unqualified, “mind coach”? Whatever the hell that is - that St Maria Shriver with the most messed up family recommended to her ??? Is she that dumb?

And surprise surprise- stuffing your face on baking competitions and cooking fatty foods all the time will make you gain weight !

I am not saying she may not have depression that causes her to binge eat , but she also needs help through  real nutrition counseling , making diagrams with your feelings is not going to make your magically  lose weight ! 

I also notice her “healthy “ recipes are the new no carb but full of fat recipes .    A real nutritionist would tell you to eat all things in moderation , and saturated fat is NOT good for your heart .  

I actually have always liked Valerie , but lately she is annoying and I wish someone would tell her that she needs to get real help and stop with the fad BS !

And to all of the women who think it’s wonderful to cry on the air and overshare, you are making women look like idiots and like they are wreak children .   This is not what a professional woman should do and can do in real life , and any women who thinks that they can work in a real job and behave like these rich , out of touch , whiney women,  will find out that  the real world will see them as weak and unprofessional and they won’t have jobs or promotions ! 

I wish these celebrities would get help and then speak like grown ups in an informative way instead of making  us go though their bullshit “journeys” with them ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Valerie Bertinelli was on whining again about being fat and depressed! Good grief ! WTF is wrong with these women in broadcasting and entertainment???

Do any of these women NOT reveal every freaking feeling or body function to the world anymore ?    Women now are acting pathetic ! I’m not saying they can’t share stories , but do they have to cry and blubber on national tv while they are dealing with issues , adopting , going through miscarriages or IVF?

Valerie from all accounts had a decent family and did not turn out a total mess like most child stars .  Yes, she had to work  from a young age, but spare me the tears when she is a multi millionaire, has holidays by the ocean in her very expensive west coast home, has someone else who appears to be a decent husband and was able to get a contract from a food network because of her celebrity that others would love to have that are trained chefs ! 
I am not saying that Valerie may not have real issues with depression , but she is NOT like us, and like all of the dumbass women who write to the Today show say  she is ! She is able to afford the best therapists and not work if needed .  

BTW, why doesn’t she get a real therapist and privately get help for whatever is going on instead of done flakey ,  unqualified, “mind coach”? Whatever the hell that is - that St Maria Shriver with the most messed up family recommended to her ??? Is she that dumb?

And surprise surprise- stuffing your face on baking competitions and cooking fatty foods all the time will make you gain weight !

I am not saying she may not have depression that causes her to binge eat , but she also needs help through  real nutrition counseling , making diagrams with your feelings is not going to make your magically  lose weight ! 

I also notice her “healthy “ recipes are the new no carb but full of fat recipes .    A real nutritionist would tell you to eat all things in moderation , and saturated fat is NOT good for your heart .  

I actually have always liked Valerie , but lately she is annoying and I wish someone would tell her that she needs to get real help and stop with the fad BS !

And to all of the women who think it’s wonderful to cry on the air and overshare, you are making women look like idiots and like they are wreak children .   This is not what a professional woman should do and can do in real life , and any women who thinks that they can work in a real job and behave like these rich , out of touch , whiney women,  will find out that  the real world will see them as weak and unprofessional and they won’t have jobs or promotions ! 

I wish these celebrities would get help and then speak like grown ups in an informative way instead of making  us go though their bullshit “journeys” with them ! 

Well said, golden puppy!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Couldn’t possibly have said this better!  I am so tired with everyone over sharing absolutely everything!  I think if a person feels comfortable doing so it’s good to share when something monumental happens, because it’s true that it could help someone else who may feel alone.  There is a limit however.  I feel like Valerie is just being exploited.  And I can’t even get started on St. Maria and her completely screwed up family, how did she ever become an authority on life??

• Love 9

Valerie Bertinelli doesn't have a tv series (maybe, that little cooking show) but once you are out of the spotlight you will say or do anything to be in the spotlight. That's why they will write a tell all book (Jessica Simpson) spilling their guts how they drug addicts, drunks and say who they slept with. You give them a camera and some money they will do anything.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Valerie Bertinelli doesn't have a tv series (maybe, that little cooking show) but once you are out of the spotlight you will say or do anything to be in the spotlight. That's why they will write a tell all book (Jessica Simpson) spilling their guts how they drug addicts, drunks and say who they slept with. You give them a camera and some money they will do anything.

Yep the ego of celebs will not allow them to just fade away. They are addicted to their need to feel adored. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

Yep the ego of celebs will not allow them to just fade away. They are addicted to their need to feel adored. 

Exactly.  I don't know about Valerie Bertinelli's finances, but Jessica Simpson shouldn't need the money, with her clothing and shoes businesses.  

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Exactly.  I don't know about Valerie Bertinelli's finances, but Jessica Simpson shouldn't need the money, with her clothing and shoes businesses.  

That is true. It's not really about money as much as it is about adoration.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

That is true. It's not really about money as much as it is about adoration.

I think that's why Maria Shriver and Oprah Winfrey do what they do.  They don't need the money, but holding seminars, writing books, offering advice, etc keeps them in the public eye.  They like to feel needed and that they are helping others.

So, Shenielle is finally having the surgery she has needed for a while to remove the polyp on her vocal cords.  She said she won't be able to talk for two weeks and her kids don't understand that.  How hard is it to understand?  She has avoided having brunch with friends cause the champagne in mimosas causes her to lose her voice.  So, don't have the mimosas.  And according to People magazine, she is finally taking back her life.  Over dramatic much?  With her and Dylan gone, I may have to turn back in to the 3rd hour:)

• Love 1

Third hour today. They give gifts to sheinelle (sp?) since her surgery is monday. Dylan is on video screen from home with the baby. Tells how she reached out to s's mom to see what she likes, which is sunflowers. Dylan tells us how she tried to get sunflower pajamas or just sunflowers  for dylan but "sunflower pajamas don't exist anywhere on the planet" and " sunflowers are out of season". Seriously? A quick check online shows multiple options for both. Many delivered next day. What the what?!?

• Love 1

WOW!!!!  Joel went upstairs and carried Hoda's elderly mother's suitcase downstairs and Hoda has never loved him more!   The man is a saint!  Helping an elderly woman!  We all know no one else would ever do something like that for their fiancé mother!  No one else! 

Also, Jenna saying she and Hoda are humble?  Jenna, have you met Hoda?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, seasons said:

but "sunflower pajamas don't exist anywhere on the planet" and " sunflowers are out of season".

Huh?  I just got sunflowers last week for Valentine’s Day.  This is the year 2020, everything exists!

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

We all know no one else would ever do something like that for their fiancé mother!  No one else! 

Well, I don’t think it would ever cross Hoda’s mind to do that, so that’s why she thinks it’s so amazing.

• Love 2

It doesn’t take much to impress Hoda. So anything Joel does will seem like a miracle. I can’t rake the constant crying Hoda & Jenna do I about their babies & how everyday is a miracle & how Boppy & Joyful pooped their pants & Hoda thought it was amazing. They talk & act like they are 16 years old. The phrase mature woman does not apply to these two. Ugh!

• Love 3

I don't understand the popularity of that woman singing Dance Monkey or whatever it was.  She sounds awful, with mangled diction.  I'd rather listen to Billie Eilish and that's saying something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why does Hoda think it's funny that she cannot be bothered to remember the names of her coworkers children?  How long has she worked with Willie and she doesn't know his daughter's name?  I'm sure she's met Willie and Jenna's kids.  It makes me wonder about her upbringing.  I guess she was taught that everything she does is adorable.  I really can't stand her.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why does Hoda think it's funny that she cannot be bothered to remember the names of her coworkers children?

Well, she is a very busy woman.  First, she has to go thru the five dresses she owns to pick out what she is wearing for the day.  Then, she has to figure out which quote to post as her own.  She has to clean her bracelets and read all the celeb magazines to see what her faux friends are up to (bet she knows their kid's names).  And finally, she has a wedding to plan to the man who carried her mother's luggage downstairs.

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I guess she was taught that everything she does is adorable.  I really can't stand her.

I can't figure it out.  I mean, I loved watching KLG and Hoda and she never bugged me.  What is it now that is so different? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't figure it out.  I mean, I loved watching KLG and Hoda and she never bugged me.  What is it now that is so different? 

I think the difference is now Hoda thinks she's the alpha woman over Jenna, whereas when Hoda was with KLG, she was the alpha woman. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why does Hoda think it's funny that she cannot be bothered to remember the names of her coworkers children?  How long has she worked with Willie and she doesn't know his daughter's name?  I'm sure she's met Willie and Jenna's kids.  It makes me wonder about her upbringing.  I guess she was taught that everything she does is adorable.  I really can't stand her.

OMG! I happened to catch the show with the screaming , dopey, sycophant ,  studio audience today !

Hoda is so stupid and irritating ! Everyone knows the names of her kids because she repeated their names over and over and acts like no one else ever had kids! She must always be the center of attention and pretend she is so ordinary and modest at the same time !

How can you not ever remember the names of children of close coworkers?   I remember the names of coworker’s children because I LISTEN when they speak about their lives !

Besides being self-absorbed and narcissistic, today I noticed that “news woman “ Hoda  is not only dumb, which is apparent all the time, but she had the worst grammar ! 

She actually used the word “funnest” today, and when she wad talking about herself and others she said “ me and ....,”.  Sorry, but  she sounds  uneducated and stupid when she is supposedly a journalist and used a non-existent words and also puts herself first when using the word “me” with others . Then again, for Hoda “me” is always first ! 

Oh and when she bit into that gross pile of mess of a sandwich that Guy Fieri made , she was able to stuff it into  her giant mouth without needing to squeeze it ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hoda is too busy with huge mouth agape to listen to anyone. She’s so busy being surprised about anything & everything she doesn’t have time to actually listen. She has gotten really obnoxious in the last few years. She was able to hide behind KLG bible talk that no one paid attention to her. Now, they have even dumber Jenna as her do-host that Hoda stands out even more by default. It’s hard to believe she’s in her 50’s. She is so embarrassing. She was lucky she got Matt’s job because she was a woman and a friend of Savannah’s. She was also close by that morning because she was going to be doing her 10 o’clock show later that day. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda is too busy with huge mouth agape to listen to anyone. She’s so busy being surprised about anything & everything she doesn’t have time to actually listen. She has gotten really obnoxious in the last few years. She was able to hide behind KLG bible talk that no one paid attention to her. Now, they have even dumber Jenna as her do-host that Hoda stands out even more by default. It’s hard to believe she’s in her 50’s. She is so embarrassing. She was lucky she got Matt’s job because she was a woman and a friend of Savannah’s. She was also close by that morning because she was going to be doing her 10 o’clock show later that day. 

Speaking of  her huge open  mouth , there’s picture of the whole  crew in Orlando and Hoda is front and center with her giant big open mouth smile in front of everyone of course ! 

8 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Speaking of  her huge open  mouth , there’s picture of the whole  crew in Orlando and Hoda is front and center with her giant big open mouth smile in front of everyone of course ! 

This one?

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2

The whole vibe of the show changed once Matt was gone. Whatever he did or didn't do, there was somewhat more of a news tone to things. Not sure if they were pushing the big happy family thing back then. Once he was gone under the circumstances, NBC fell all over itself to make things fun, happy, silly - anything to spin the negative vibes away. Then things really did get downright silly when the anchor seats changed. Not defending Matt in any way - the allegations were very serious. But now what we are left with is just a joke. A total joke. 

6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think the difference is now Hoda thinks she's the alpha woman over Jenna, whereas when Hoda was with KLG, she was the alpha woman. 

I agree with this1000%. KLG was the adult in the room.

• Love 11

Carrie Underwood is such a pretty woman but she better be careful. Her forehead was frozen. I hope she doesn’t go down the Priscilla Presley road who was also such a natural beauty then went too far too young with messing with her face.  (And yes I know Carrie had an accident to her face a few years back)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Carrie Underwood is such a pretty woman but she better be careful. Her forehead was frozen. I hope she doesn’t go down the Priscilla Presley road who was also such a natural beauty then went too far too young with messing with her face.  (And yes I know Carrie had an accident to her face a few years back)

I was fascinated by how she could speak without moving any facial muscles. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just saw some photos of Carrie Underwood over at the Daily Mail (don't judge me) from her Women's Health magazine spread and she does not look like Carrie Underwood any longer.  Her personality has also changed greatly in recent times.  I wonder what is up with her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Her personality has also changed greatly in recent times.  I wonder what is up with her. 

Trying to maintain the image of Miss Perfect because that's what she thinks the fans expect or want.  Doing too much.  I think she needs to take a break and spend time with hubby and her boys.

• Love 3

One thing I have noticed is that Jenna has “better” chemistry with Savanah & Willie (especially Willie). She actually personal friends with them and their spouses are all friends, too. Whereas Hoda is just her work friend and the show has them do bits for the show to force the notion that they are really, really BFF’s when they aren't. Just because they host a show together doesn’t mean that they have to be friends but it seems more noticeable. IMO! Jenna still annoys me but I have noticed since Hoda’s been out sick that she’s much more comfortable with Savannah or Willie.  

• Love 6