Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Leave it to the today show to take a religious item (advent calendar) and call it a trend. 🙄

They aren’t the first.  Other websites, magazines, etc have mentioned this over the past couple of years as more companies put one out.

I clicked on Instagram and saw Hoda’s big face , this time she didn’t have her usual fly catching open mouth smile , but she was making a fug crying face ! Apparently JAMIE Lee Curtis gushed over Hoda and said  she should run for president !  Too bad the hearings were on and we missed that ridiculous display of stupidity! Apparently Hoda is so amazing because besides her amazing personality , she is a mom who does amazing things ! Ugh !

Hoda who is no way smart, except for self promotion,  and has no experience in anything but reading news  badly and giggling  should be president ? So, now the president doesn’t have to have any government knowledge and can be dumb with no  experience ? 

How much more of this disgusting display of butt kissing and acting like these women who have staffs and millions of dollars are amazing for showing up for work ?  

Watching these rich ,privileged, spoiled celebrities giving life advice and fishing over each other is just nauseating, and I can’t even get through a few minutes of Today anymore !

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I clicked on Instagram and saw Hoda’s big face , this time she didn’t have her usual fly catching open mouth smile , but she was making a fug crying face ! Apparently JAMIE Lee Curtis gushed over Hoda and SAI’s she should run for president !  Too bad the hearings were on and we missed that ridiculous display of stupidity! Apparently Hoda is so amazing because besides her amazing personality , she is a mom who does amazing things ! Ugh !

Hoda who is no way smart, except for self promotion,  and has no experience in anything but reading news  badly and giggling  should be president ? So, now the president doesn’t have to have any government knowledge and can be dumb with no  experience ? 

How much more of this disgusting display of butt kissing and acting like these women who have staffs and millions of dollars are amazing for showing up for work ?  

Watching these rich ,privileged, spoiled celebrities giving life advice and fishing over each other is just nauseating, and I can’t even get through a few minutes of Today anymore !

So well said!! I thought the very same when I read it.

Edited by Bugaboo
  • Love 1

I've gotten to the point where I check in for the first ten minutes and then change the channel, but it was so refreshing today to see two grownups--Savannah and Lester Holt--sitting at the table.  Craig Melvin can't carry Lester's jock strap.

• Love 2

I know Craig has some die hard fans, but, I’m not one of them.  I don’t like the way he talks down to Dylan, and, this morning he was reaching around people to grab more food. He ate nonstop, which I find unacceptable when you’re on camera.  He’s not as overrated as Al, but in my opinion, he’s overrated just the same.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Are they still on their "16 hour no eating" diet?

I think they should eat from 9-5 so their first meal can be more relaxed......for their audience.  All the chewing and talking at the same time is annoying.

• Love 2

I’m pretty sure the fasting diet thing will last up until Thanksgiving. They’ve probably pre taped shows this week. They’ll come back in December and be over it since it’s the holidays. It’s just another gimmick segment one of the producers came up with. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda & Joel are engaged. That's nice. Now, the next questions are.....How many times will we have to hear about it and how long will the honeymoon be? 1 months? 2 months?

Well, I’ve been tuning out because is all of the baby and adoption talk, now we will have to have nonstop wedding talk , even though she’s been married before and she has lived with Joel for a long time !  I can just see the shows to plan the wedding , dress , music , etc !  Then she’ll take a long honeymoon, maybe 2 months to adjust to marriage even though they have lived together forever !  Then there will be w book on marriage ! Ugh 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Well, I’ve been tuning out because is all of the baby and adoption talk, now we will have to have nonstop wedding talk , even though she’s been married before and she has lived with Joel for a long time !  I can just see the shoes to plan the wedding , dress , music , etc !  Then she’ll take a long honeymoon, maybe 2 months to adjust to marriage even though they have lived together forever !  Then there will be w book on marriage ! Ugh 

I see her doing a weekend-er for a beach wedding. Very casual but really expensive. Of course, there's the bachelorette party to contend with, too. I'm sure KLG will horn her way in to the whole thing and insist on singing. LOL!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I see her doing a weekend-er for a beach wedding. Very casual but really expensive. Of course, there's the bachelorette party to contend with, too. I'm sure KLG will horn her way in to the whole thing and insist on singing. LOL!!!

🤮🤮🤮True and nauseating! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm sure KLG will horn her way in to the whole thing and insist on singing. LOL!!!

UGH!!! She left "Regis & Fakey Lee" to start a singing career that never really took off (thank the Lord!) and then ended up on the "Today" show pretending to be part of some sort of happy, chirpy American remake of "Ab Fab" with some news and trending topics thrown in. I never thought she was that talented, interesting or funny.

• Love 4

So, does this mean that tomorrow, celebrities such as Blake, JLo, Kelly Clarkson, etc will post video messages congratulating Hoda on her engagement?  And of course, there will be the diet plan she follows to fit into her wedding dress.

How much time was spent on Jenna's birthday celebration after Hoda finished talking? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

wow, I don't even watch the show anymore, but you know it will now turn into the Hoda wedding show. Numerous showers, a segment on Hoda dress shopping, dress shopping for all of the precious children to be little tiny bridesmaids, Kathie Lee writing special wedding songs, Joel being fitted for wedding attire, taste testing cakes and reception food, etc. I wonder if it will turn into a freebie wedding for Hoda with everyone clamoring to provide free goods and services? 

Hoda has been married before. If I remember, it was a guy she went to school with? They got married and he turned into a total deadbeat (probably was before the marriage) and he enjoyed spending Hoda's money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

As much as both Hoda and Jenna can annoy me, most of the time actually, I thought they both looked so pretty in the piece when they talked about weighing themselves. Love that purple sweater on Hoda, the style, hair, her coloring, everything. I don't know, maybe it was just something about them being genuinely vulnerable for a bit. But I thought they both looked super pretty.

https://www.today.com/health/hoda-kotb-jenna-bush-hager-react-weighing-themselves-tv-t168297

Edited by divsc
  • Love 2

First, Hoda overshadows Jenna’s news about being pregnant by adopting and then she overshadows her Birthday (with party streamers and all) with her engagement. If I was the suspicious type (which I am) I would think Hoda hates Jenna. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

First, Hoda overshadows Jenna’s news about being pregnant by adopting and then she overshadows her Birthday (with party streamers and all) with her engagement. If I was the suspicious type (that I am) I think Hoda hates Jenna. 

I agree!  She couldn’t wait until tomorrow  to announce that she is engaged to a man she has lived with for six years , and who she shares kids with ? 
So, did Hoda always want to to get married and Joel didn’t you want to do that ?

I would never just live with someone if I had children. If it add just me, that’s one thing, but to not have someone committed when I hand children who will be playing daddy is not something that I would do to a child .

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Did anyone see the big announcement to the news crew ?  
Hoda truly is as dumb as a shovel she said that someone who is a friend is theirs , a friend of her’s with the initials “Hoda Kotb” is engaged   LMAO! Totally nonsensical, and does she not know what an initial is ?  Such a dimwit ! 
It’s a good thing they write most of her words !

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

First, Hoda overshadows Jenna’s news about being pregnant by adopting and then she overshadows her Birthday (with party streamers and all) with her engagement. If I was the suspicious type (which I am) I would think Hoda hates Jenna. 

Who threw together a book of recycled quotes off of her IG account before Jenna's new book came out???

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, goldenpuppy said:

Did anyone see the big announcement to the news crew ?  
Hoda truly is as dumb as a shovel she said that someone who is a friend is theirs , a friend of her’s with the initials “Hoda Kotb” is engaged   LMAO! Totally nonsensical, and does she not know what an initial is ?  Such a dimwit ! 
It’s a good thing they write most of her words !

That was a joke. 

Just like no one else has ever adopted or had a baby before,  it is SO IMPORTANT AND EXCITING that hoda is engaged!!!!! She's been married before.

now today her voice is actually hoarse because of all the "celebrating" . She is so deserving of all of this. Gag me. Seriously. I mean sure, I'm all for good news, but this is ridiculous.

• Love 6

Who sees a special Say Yes to the Dress episode tie-in coming?  Oh, you know it is.  With Kathie Lee, Jenna, Hoda's Mom and L'il Haley Joy being the asses on the couch? 

Oh and p.s. and by the way, do not ever google 'Hoda's Mom' to find her name.  I just did and the images at the top of the page were ALL LIKE THIS: 

index.jpg.90adce476e6c2d55299e13a7f4c99e58.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hoda has been married before. If I remember, it was a guy she went to school with? They got married and he turned into a total deadbeat (probably was before the marriage) and he enjoyed spending Hoda's money. 

He was a tennis coach and not a deadbeat. She didn't go to school with him. She probably didn't have the big money back then. Money yes, but not the big money she had now.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/who-is-hoda-kotbs-ex-husband.html/

4 hours ago, seasons said:

Just like no one else has ever adopted or had a baby before,  it is SO IMPORTANT AND EXCITING that hoda is engaged!!!!! She's been married before.

now today her voice is actually hoarse because of all the "celebrating" . She is so deserving of all of this. Gag me. Seriously. I mean sure, I'm all for good news, but this is ridiculous.

Not to mention she lived with this guy for six years and had him play daddy to her kids!

• Love 2

So Jenna last weighed herself in college, which was 20 years and three kids ago, and she can't believe her weight???  She is 5'8" and 171 pounds.  Hoda is 5'9" and 158 pounds.  And now there are articles about how they didn't think it through when they weighed themselves on the air.  They are dealing with the shock of their weight🙄.  Oh please.  

• Love 6

Savannah 's son is almost three and he threw a toy train at her, hit her in the eye and now she is out possibly having to have surgery for a detached retina. I hope there were simple consequences for him but it kind of didn't seem like it.  That age is old enough to know that throwing things like that is wrong and not mischievous or cute. whatever. America's family, right?

God those 52 chefs were obnoxious today. Good idea in theory i guess but they were like overhyped middle school kids to me and hoda certainly couldn't control them.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So Jenna last weighed herself in college, which was 20 years and three kids ago, and she can't believe her weight???  She is 5'8" and 171 pounds.  Hoda is 5'9" and 158 pounds.  And now there are articles about how they didn't think it through when they weighed themselves on the air.  They are dealing with the shock of their weight🙄.  Oh please.  

So neither one of these women have an annual physical where they get weighed?  I think both of them are full of horseshit, they've known how much they weighed over the years.  I smell some kind of book about body image or some crap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Savannah 's son is almost three and he threw a toy train at her, hit her in the eye and now she is out possibly having to have surgery for a detached retina. I hope there were simple consequences for him but it kind of didn't seem like it.  That age is old enough to know that throwing things like that is wrong and not mischievous or cute.

Two?  I don't think it's quite old enough to know what cause and effect is.  Now, if he was almost four I would think so, but kids are still pretty impulsive and unpredictable at two.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So neither one of these women have an annual physical where they get weighed?  I think both of them are full of horseshit, they've known how much they weighed over the years.  I smell some kind of book about body image or some crap. 

I am sure that Hoda and Kathie Lee weighed themselves for the show at one time. I can't remember if the weigh in took place on the air, but they definitely had weighed themselves (maybe backstage) and told the weights on air. If I recall correctly, Hoda was in the 130's and Kathie Lee was in the 120's. I remember being surprised at KL's weight. I had thought she weighed more than that. This was obviously a number of years ago.

5 hours ago, seasons said:

Savannah 's son is almost three and he threw a toy train at her, hit her in the eye and now she is out possibly having to have surgery for a detached retina. I hope there were simple consequences for him but it kind of didn't seem like it.  That age is old enough to know that throwing things like that is wrong and not mischievous or cute. whatever. America's family, right?

God those 52 chefs were obnoxious today. Good idea in theory i guess but they were like overhyped middle school kids to me and hoda certainly couldn't control them.

I don't know about that. Boys are throwing things when they are 5, 10, 15! It's what stupid boys do. LOL!!! I don't think her boy being 2 or 3 reflects on her parenting skills. It's what kids do. It's stupid but it's what some kids do. IMO!!

Also, I caught the 10am hour with Hoda & Jenna. I think I've been watching this show too long. Hoda had her nieces on and they gotten so big and are tweens and teens-ish. I guess I didn't realize how much time had passed because I thought they were still little kids. It really does go too fast doesn't it? Now, I can see why Hoda took all that time off. She pretty lucky (and, rich) to be able to do that.

Edited by ByaNose
5 hours ago, seasons said:

Take away the train at least.  He needs to understand that he did do something, or else he will do it again.  She said she doesn't want to make him feel guilty, but how else do they learn what they did was wrong??

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Totally forgot that Jenna would have been weighed during her pregnancies.  Also, even if they weren't "weighing" themselves, they would have known what size outfits they were wearing for the show.  I vaguely remember Hoda being happy cause she was wearing a smaller size in dresses.  As usual, her wardrobe closet was a mess and they had to dig for something she could wear.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

At first she made it sound as if he threw the train across the room at her.

Then she said she was holding him with the train when it hit her. Likely he was play around with the train and it hit her, but it was really big train from the pic.

• Love 1