Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Not a fan of Andy. I miss Carson.

I have Sirius in my car, heard them say Al is out starting tomorrow for hip replacement surgery. Yes, I listen to this shitshow as well! I'm a glutton for punishment (and snark)! The exec Libby said Savannah "has the flu" and is out again today but hopefully back tomorrow. If you have the flu, you'd be out for weeks, genius. 

Ugh. Who is this millennial with the silly pink glasses? 

Edited by seasons
Extra crabby today!💕
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2019 at 10:17 AM, Bronzedog said:

Andy Cohen - 1).  Take a shower, 2).  After you tell Hoda how to keep your dog and adopt, shut up!  Miss you, Blake!

Hoda was all mums on Blake the dog. Remember it’s all she ever talked about?!

• Love 1

Hoda really seemed to like the idea of getting the dog, but then she'd talk about walking the dog at all hours and it didn't sound like much fun anymore.  Kathie Lee had dogs, but she had the ever-present assistant, Christine, to take care of everything, probably including the dogs.  I always wondered if Christine had any life outside of Kathie Lee.

Anyway, if Hoda found it necessary to get rid of Blake because of the children maybe she should explain to her audience after we heard so much about him.  The dog, not the real Blake!

By the way, I'm a dog person and had dogs around babies through grown children and it worked out just fine.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Ummm so to commemorate the friends anniversary (which in itself is kinda silly) they get a group of secondary guest actors to interview. Really? Slim pickings for guests much?

Where did this happen? I actually can’t even stand to turn on Today much anymore !  

Andy Cohen annoys me, and Hoda  has been irritating for a long time ! 

Whenever there is a picture of Hoda  on Instagram, she is bending over laughing uncontrollably, or in some obnoxious “listening “ pose”.

Oh, and did you know that you can now preorder Hoda’s new book?? Well, she didn’t write it exactly, it’s a wonderful compilation of all of the corny quoted she googles and quotes on the air , or posts on Instagram !

Why would anyone buy a book when you can google the same thing or read it on Instagram?

She really is an expert at finding ways to get money and attention without doing much of anything ! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Today on the Sirius radio today show broadcast, they interviewed Andy during a commercial break. He was so obnoxious, eating and chewing a bagel while the today show radio host was trying to chat with him. This was live on the radio. Class act.

• LOL 2

Why does the show refuse to use the word “rape” or “molested”? They only say “abuse” for EVERYTHING. I thought it was a Jenna Wolf term bc it’s the word she uses with USA gymnastics. It’s the ONLY word she uses in fact. Now they are using it with Epstein. To me (and my old fashioned brain) I automatically think of hitting and beating and emotional torture (which, if course is often included with rape and molestation) but in my head abuse isn’t necessarily inclusive of sexual acts, when all these cases are sexual in nature. Is it s morning TV thing? 

• Love 2

I haven’t been watching regularly, but, I’m really glad I watched this morning.  I only wish I had taped it because it was that good!  Andy and Hoda talking about the correct ways to poop at work, watching Andy get shaved and Andy keeping a moustache because it’s hilarious!  This will surely become an iconic episode!  Click.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Pickles said:

Carson's wife is expecting another baby. These people and their babies.

So, their 4th or 5th baby. I don't think we need to OTT with this one, right? They always act like it's the first time someone was pregnant.

Savannah with pneumonia. Here's to a speedy recovery.

• Love 1

I really hope Savannah stays out another week with pneumonia. If Hoda can take 5 months maternity/ vacation leave, surely Savannah can take a week to recuperate. All the hosts have young children and Dylan is pregnant. I wouldn't want someone recently diagnosed with pneumonia to return to work so soon. They had a doctor on talking about how contagious you are and the precautions that need to be taken to not infect others. Savannah stay home!

• Love 7

I thought the 4th hour was good all week. Andy Cohen didn’t hold back and he was hilarious. Especially when he teased Hoda about wearing the same bracelets and earrings all week. 

In fact, I liked Hoda and Meredith and Hoda and Maria Shriver.  Even though they’re goofy acting they still know how to keep the show moving. I’m not sure how it’s going to be when/if Jenna comes back.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:00 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Why does the show refuse to use the word “rape” or “molested”? They only say “abuse” for EVERYTHING. I thought it was a Jenna Wolf term bc it’s the word she uses with USA gymnastics. It’s the ONLY word she uses in fact. Now they are using it with Epstein. To me (and my old fashioned brain) I automatically think of hitting and beating and emotional torture (which, if course is often included with rape and molestation) but in my head abuse isn’t necessarily inclusive of sexual acts, when all these cases are sexual in nature. Is it s morning TV thing? 

Do you mean Stephanie Gosk? Jenna Wolfe hasn't been on the show in years.

23 hours ago, ZoeyB said:

I thought the 4th hour was good all week. Andy Cohen didn’t hold back and he was hilarious. Especially when he teased Hoda about wearing the same bracelets and earrings all week. 

In fact, I liked Hoda and Meredith and Hoda and Maria Shriver.  Even though they’re goofy acting they still know how to keep the show moving. I’m not sure how it’s going to be when/if Jenna comes back.

The past week was fun.  Andy can be an asshole, but he is usually funny.  Prepare to be lectured in an oh so ladylike manner this coming week.  Maria Shriver will be back to co-host.  I may put up Meeeghan McCain on the View instead.  I can only take so much pontificating.

• LOL 1

Maria seems to have had some work done on her face, but I often wonder why not the neck too? Her neck shows every minute of her 60+ years. It is really bad.

Hoda has this thing now, demonstrating her incredible interviewing skills... "Yeah". She will repeat it over and over while interviewing someone.

8am - 4 minutes of news, followed by "Hoda's morning boost" which is some cutesy or inspiring video clip. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but they t just goes to show how "newsertainment" this show has become.

I like Craig but that vocal fry is getting worse.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
Just now, seasons said:

Maria seems to have had some work done on her face, but I often wonder why not the neck too? Her neck shows every minute of her 60+ years. It is really bad.

Hoda has this thing now, demonstrating her wake incredible interviewing skills... "Yeah". She will repeat it over and over while interviewing someone.

8am - 4 minutes of news, followed by "Hoda's morning boost" which is some cutesy or inspiring video clip. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but they t just goes to show how "newsertainment" this show has become.

Yes this is just a morning “entertainment tonight”. They will occasionally touch upon politics but they have to rush through it to get to “pop start” and “morning boost” and the plaza audience screaming in my freakin’ face at 8 am!

• Love 4

I don't understand who at the show thinks we at home want to listen to those fools scream and screech on the plaza!  And it's cringeworthy when they select people to give tickets or prizes to, and the recipients don't say thank you, or just don't get excited at all.  That drives me nuts. 

At least Hoda and Savannah have stopped grabbing babies and holding them.  What was that all about?

• Love 3

I’m so glad St. Maria Shriver is on again to tell everyone how to live a better life and love & forgive & search & blah, blah, blah! No offense Maria Shriver would be the last person I’d go to seeking advice. Also, for some reason Hoda and every other host treats her like a god. It’s like she’s a Kennedy by proxy and we should admire her. I just don’t get it. Also, her face is really showing the work that was done. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, seasons said:

I've tried to like him because he seems like a nice guy, but I just can't listen to that voice and I wind up changing the channel. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I've tried to like him because he seems like a nice guy, but I just can't listen to that voice and I wind up changing the channel. 

Yeah, that voice is a big turn off. I don’t know how he made it in the news business. It sounds like he has laryngitis everyday. 

• Love 5

I'm sorry, but Savannah is wearing the ugliest dress today. Looks like a little house on the prairie reject and not very professional. More like for a preschool teacher on parent's night.

But I will give Savannah credit for doing a great job discussing the possible impeachment proceedings. Hoda could never have done that. Save her for the morning boost videos about cats and other fluff.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thank you for having a wealthy privileged woman interview other wealthy privileged women to tell me how great aging is. I’ll tell my assistant, personal trainer, driver, makeup artist, plastic surgeon, chef, housekeepers, financial advisors, and fans to step it up a bit so I don’t feel bad about myself as I age. They’ve all been really slacking lately. It’s so hard to find good help these days!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

Thank you for having a wealthy privileged woman interview other wealthy privileged women to tell me how great aging is. I’ll tell my assistant, personal trainer, driver, makeup artist, plastic surgeon, chef, housekeepers, financial advisors, and fans to step it up a bit so I don’t feel bad about myself as I age. They’ve all been really slacking lately. It’s so hard to find good help these days!

Hilarious listening to these botoxed women talking about how wonderful it is to age. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, that voice is a big turn off. I don’t know how he made it in the news business. It sounds like he has laryngitis everyday. 

I love his voice!  I don’t hear vocal fry but I’m also not sure I know what that is. I thought it was when a persons voice went up at the end like every sentence is a question?  Craig is such a gentleman too.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I love his voice!  I don’t hear vocal fry but I’m also not sure I know what that is. I thought it was when a persons voice went up at the end like every sentence is a question?  Craig is such a gentleman too.  

Vocal fry is when the voice kinda fizzles out and cracks in the end like the Kardashian’s.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Hilarious listening to these botoxed women talking about how wonderful it is to age. 

Yes! The stretched out face doesn't match the wrinkled neck. Maria's face looks terrible.

The points that they made about women and men held to a different standard is valid but no way are any of these women accepting of their age or growing old gracefully. They seemed very uncomfortable during the discussion. 

Barbara Bush knew how to age gracefully. She was interviewed by Barbara Walters while George was running for president. BW asked her why she didn't die her hair or get work done. BB replied that it would just make her look silly. Good for her. RIP, BB.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought it was when a persons voice went up at the end like every sentence is a question? 

That's an up-talker.  And some people can be/have both.  As in, an up-talker with vocal fry.  Popular affliction with 20-something year old women.  Makes my ears cry. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I think he just has a raspy voice, but it doesn't take away from the wonderful job that he does.  And yes, he is a gentleman - he holds the chair, he makes sure everyone has food or drink, he comes behind the guest chefs as they move down the table and turns the steak, stirs the dish, whatever it needs, etc.  He has also stopped his own intro to turn and look at Dylan or Sheinelle to compliment their hair, lipstick color, dress, whatever.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jenna and her sister wrote a children's book.  So you know what she will be talking about when she comes back:)

Of course they did!  UGH.  How do these people have the time to do anything else in life besides having all of the babies and writing all of the books?!

6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Of course they did!  UGH.  How do these people have the time to do anything else in life besides having all of the babies and writing all of the books?!

OOOH!  Don't say that:) They will write a book on that now😜

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

OOOH!  Don't say that:) They will write a book on that now😜

You mean “write” a book. No way are all these celebs actually writing all their books on their own. It’s about as legit as how celebs never age, how super skinny ones still have giant boobs, and older celebs still have super plump lips somehow. Hmmm. Are they just that gifted in everything? Or how about how kardashians are all genius “businesswomen” with little to no education in anything. Sucks that us regular folk weren’t born with such natural gifts to be so successful at everything. 

• Love 4

Regarding Craig and "that voice," the funny thing is that his wife, Lindsay Czarniak, has a nasally, flat whiny voice that used to drive me crazy.  She used to be a sports reporter on a local DC tv station, and that's where they met.  I would not want to be sitting next to them because their speaking voices would make me get up and leave, lol. 

• LOL 3

Wow! Savannah is  doing a fantastic job with all of this impeachment stuff. Her legal background really gives her insight and credibility. It is impossible for me to understand the technicalities and details of all this, but she can just get right on there, like she did today when they broke in around 8:50 with a special report. She gets right in with facts and insight with the political reporters. Can't see any of the others on that show being able to handle this stuff off the cuff with her caliber of knowledge and professionalism. Good for her!

Edited by seasons
See? I can be nice. Lol
  • Love 8

Today I clicked on Instagram and the had a woman who was supposed to be Hoda’s doppelgänger.  Besides the hair style and open mouth  fly trap smile , I don’t see the resemblance.  

Speaking of Hoda , I haven’t watched an entire fourth hour since the annoying week she returned where she and Maria Shrivet babbled on and on about their philosophical take on everything! Two millionaires telling us regular people how to cope with babies and loss of loved ones, while they were able to take off half a year, have nannies and not hurt financially  after adopting a baby , or take trips to think about life after the loss of a loved one !  

I really can not stomach Hoda at all . Whenever there is a picture posted of her with her giant open mouth smiling , or her with her chin in her hands while she interviews someone, and she is in deep thought, it does not make me want to tune In to the today show at all .

I can handle Meredith as a cohost because she is an extreme contrast of self-important, self promoting Hoda !  Meredith has dealt with a lot in relation to her husband’s illness , she also has had three kids , and she is not a giggling dope who pretends she is smart . Meredith really is smart . 

And Hoda is now doing a book tour with a book of other people’s quotes ?   Who would buy that book , and also what kind of a publisher would publish  this book ? 

Edited by Popcorn22
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, Popcorn22 said:

Today I clicked on Instagram and the had a woman who was supposed to be Hoda’s doppelgänger.  Besides the hair style and open mouth  fly trap smile , I don’t see the resemblance.  

Speaking of Hoda , I haven’t watched an entire fourth hour since the annoying week she returned where she and Maria Shrivet babbled on and on about their philosophical take on everything! Two millionaires telling us regular people how to cope with babies and loss of loved ones, while they were able to take off half a year, have nannies and not hurt financially  after adopting a baby , or take trips to think about life after the loss of a loved one !  

I really can not stomach Hoda at all . Whenever there is a picture posted of her with her giant open mouth smiling , or her with her chin in her hands while she interviews someone, and she is in deep thought, it does not make me want to tune In to the today show at all .

I can handle Meredith as a cohost because she is an extreme contrast of self-important, self promoting Hoda !  Meredith has dealt with a lot in relation to her husband’s illness , she also has had three kids , and she is not a giggling dope who pretends she is smart . Meredith really is smart . 

And Hoda is now doing a book tour with a book of other people’s quotes ?   Who would buy that book , and also what kind of a publisher would publish  this book ? 

I agree about the quote book. She gets a book published for I assume big bucks of other people's quotes?!?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I saw the picture on Instagram of Hoda and her supposed doppelganger.  Umm.... no!  Hoda should only hope to be half as pretty as that woman !  Some of the comments  are hilarious !  Someone actually said something like “ God willing hopefully she has a humble heart like Hoda “!  Complete with   prayer hand emojis!  LMAO!   Wtf ! When did Hoda become some kind is patron saint for Today show female viewers! 

• LOL 3
54 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

I saw the picture on Instagram of Hoda and her supposed doppelganger.  Umm.... no!  Hoda should only hope to be half as pretty as that woman !  Some of the comments  are hilarious !  Someone actually said something like “ God willing hopefully she has a humble heart like Hoda “!  Complete with   prayer hand emojis!  LMAO!   Wtf ! When did Hoda become some kind is patron saint for Today show female viewers! 

I think she was being totally facetious.  LOL.  No one in their right mind would call Hoda humble!!!

Hoda & St. Maria Shriver were on today. They got to talking about the kids and their first. Hoda brought up a woman who takes care of Haley & Hope. She stop short of saying she was the housekeeper, Au Pair or nanny. She also sorta stopped herself from saying it at all because it more or less slipped out. Hoda  also mentioned the sitter is Spanish and their Alexa speaks Spanish first. She was wondering if the Alexa listens to what’s going on. That I sort of agree with. I have one but I am till freaked out by it because I’m sure it does listen and record everything. LOL!! 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

She stop short of saying she was the housekeeper, Au Pair or nanny. She also sorta stopped herself from saying it at all because it more or less slipped out.

Well, we're not dumb:)  With Joel and Hoda working, we know someone has to be taking care of the girls/house/Hoda.  I mean, she's worse than the kids and everyone thinks it's just so adorable.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I was surprised that Hoda, the news woman, has never read stories about concerns regarding Alexa gathering personal information.  The stories are out there.

Well, now someone will write a book about it and she can put her name on it:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3