Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Hoda was on her train ride to New Hampshire and posted a picture of Joel and Haley outside.

So, was one nanny with Joel taking heartwarming pictures and one taking care of the baby ?

And does anyone ever comb Haley’s hair ? She always looks like a disheveled mess !

Well, Hoda's hair is always a mess and she's always using her hands to get it out of her face. How are we supposed to expect Hoda to brush her daughters on hair?!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

OK, I don't usually watch - but what is up with Al's neon orange glasses??? 😳

Al has several of those annoying colored rim glasses. Orange, Blue and others. I'm sure they cost $$$$$$. It's all I notice when he's doing the weather. I find him very annoying and quite useless. He also probably knew all of the crap Matt was up to and just turned a blind eye to it.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I think it's well past time for Al to retire or otherwise just stick to the weather. Please!!

He needs to retire.  He was just on the Nighty News giving serious information about a serious storm wearing the red glasses and a red tie.  I was waiting to see him squirt someone with a fake flower on his lapel and then ride away in a clown car.  Then I realized I hadn’t heard anything he said about the storm.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Axie said:

He needs to retire.  He was just on the Nighty News giving serious information about a serious storm wearing the red glasses and a red tie.  I was waiting to see him squirt someone with a fake flower on his lapel and then ride away in a clown car.  Then I realized I hadn’t heard anything he said about the storm.

I wonder if they make him come back to the studio for those weather 30 second updates on the evening news or if he pretapes them before he leaves the today show. I know that on abc ginger zee has to go back out to film the evening update with the GW bridge in the background. Must be kind of a bummer to have to go back out even though they are paid well. But getting up so early and then back out later kinda sucks!

20 minutes ago, seasons said:

Why do they act like harry smith is some sort of broadcasting legend? Because he's been around so long? Meh. He seems smarmy and snotty to me.

I've always like Harry Smith. I used to watch him a lot when he was on the CBS Morning Show. That said, I'm sure he ain't for everyone.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I've always like Harry Smith. I used to watch him a lot when he was on the CBS Morning Show. That said, I'm sure he ain't for everyone.

I liked him too when he was on cbs. I think something happens to people when they step over to the today show! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I liked him too when he was on cbs. I think something happens to people when they step over to the today show! 

Yeah, it's a little too much happy, happy and more happy. It's all a little phony. We are all one big happy family. Until, the other shoe drops. LOL!!! I hear the 3rd hour ratings aren't any better than Megan Kelly. It doesn't look good. All the 3rd & 4th hour do is regurgitate what was said in the 7-9 am show. They aren't needed.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, seasons said:

I wonder if they make him come back to the studio for those weather 30 second updates on the evening news or if he pretapes them before he leaves the today show

He has to come back - same with Dylan.  However, if they don't need all the graphics and are just reporting, then they film from somewhere near their homes.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

! I hear the 3rd hour ratings aren't any better than Megan Kelly. It doesn't look good

Did they get worse, cause they were very good after Megan Kelly left.

• Useful 1
49 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, that's too bad.  I forget that they compete with Kelly and Ryan who seem to be ultra-popular for some weird reason.  

Yeah, LIVE has pretty much owned the 9 am slot through all of their incarnations. Especially, in the NYC area. I just the the 3rd & 4th hour aren’t needed. They just repeat the same thing with the studies & hot topics. They really struck gold in the 4th with Hoda & KLG for 11 years. I’m not sure the same will be said with Hoda & Jenna. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, LIVE has pretty much owned the 9 am slot through all of their incarnations. Especially, in the NYC area. I just the the 3rd & 4th hour aren’t needed. They just repeat the same thing with the studies & hot topics. They really struck gold in the 4th with Hoda & KLG for 11 years. I’m not sure the same will be said with Hoda & Jenna. 

Hoda and Jenna will actually have to be on the show at the same time for them to find out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Hoda and Jenna will actually have to be on the show at the same time for them to find out.

So true. I’m wondering if she’ll be apart of the Halloween show tomorrow? I’m thinking she’ll return in late November or December. Although, the show (all the shows in NYC actually) shutdown the last two weeks in December. I guess she’ll probably be back full time in January.

2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So true. I’m wondering if she’ll be apart of the Halloween show tomorrow? I’m thinking she’ll return in late November or December. Although, the show (all the shows in NYC actually) shutdown the last two weeks in December. I guess she’ll probably be back full time in January.

I’m guessing Jenna would rather spend her time with her kids tomorrow (maybe even at school activities) than go to work. I know I would. 

4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I thought she had said something about coming back before she went to Vietnam with Michelle Obama, but who knows anymore.  

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought she had said something about coming back before she went to Vietnam with Michelle Obama, but who knows anymore.  

I had forgotten about that but I don’t recall the timeline of the trip. 

46 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

That was disappointing. Even the crowds costumes were underwhelming. I think the clip of Elaine dancing was my favorite part. 

Me too. I didn't see the crowd costumes. As usual, they had to show pictures of all their past Halloween costumes and their favorite childhood photos !

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Axie said:

It’s weird to me that Jenna is there today but then goes back on maternity leave.  Hoda does look like Eddie Munster.  

Thank you!!  I was looking at the picture and wondering who she reminded me of 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, and the book tour in November with her sister cause they wrote another book.  Jenna is too busy to be a co-host.  

Another sister book? Gosh, I thought they just got done with first book.

The 4th hour with Hoda and whoever (Maria, Willie, some Instagram person) is just boring no matter who is there.  And now Jenna and her sister will be on with this new book. UGH.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1

I wonder if they make him come back to the studio for those weather 30 second updates on the evening news or if he pretapes them before he leaves the today show.

Those weather segments are definitely pre-taped unless there's very serious weather happening at that moment.

3 hours ago, Axie said:

It’s weird to me that Jenna is there today but then goes back on maternity leave.

Jenna will probably be gone for a good bit.  Katy Tur said she took a five month maternity leave during a segment on Nightly News a week or so and we know Hoda was out for a long while.  If it's company policy, I say take it.  And my goodness, Jenna really looks like her Ganny with that extra post-pregnancy weight.

As for costumes, I thought it was very cool that Janet Jackson taped a shout out to Sheinelle.  Sheinelle is right, a lot of girls I knew in the late 80s-early 90s wanted to dance and look like Janet.

ETA:  Oops, just heard Jenna will be back in November.  I don't care to much about the new fourth hour, but not having a rotating cast of fill-ins will be a relief.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1

All the skits today were apparently choreographed by a professional. with rehearsals and everything. And i really do hate to single out Hoda again, but her dancing was awful. All she did was come out there and move around doing the Saturday night fever travolta pointing dance moves and rolling hands/arms thing. Two moves. With that giant smile. No way she was at rehearsal - too bus y on the book tour, i guess. Everybody else was really trying. It was almost like i felt like she could just fake it and go out there as hoda being travolta and get away with it. 

peter alexander as footloose kevin bacon was awesome!!!!!

• Love 2

I actually thought the dance-theme costumes were pretty good.  I turned over to GMA to check their costumes out and it was cringe-worthy.  Lara was trying to do a Liza Minelli imitation and I had to turn the channel.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I actually thought the dance-theme costumes were pretty good.  I turned over to GMA to check their costumes out and it was cringe-worthy.  Lara was trying to do a Liza Minelli imitation and I had to turn the channel.

I agree! The dance theme was fun! Have to give credit to jenna for coming back to.join the group and perform in that dress with the baby weight still there a bit. I think she is very pretty.

and savannah rocked those leather pants!!!🔥

Today was fun and different. I enjoyed it, along with third and fourth hours.

Checked out kelly and ryan. That was fun too but today was better.

Happy Halloween! 🎃

• Love 5

I just watched this online. Dylan was so funny as Elaine. LOL. Peter Alexander was also really good as Kevin Bacon. Savannah looked great. Sheneille obviously had practiced her dance a lot. She had her moves down!

• Love 6

HODA DOES NOT HAVE ANY RHYTHM. Why does she insist on dancing and why do the Today members think she does? All she did was open her big mouth and point. That’s all she ever does. She does it when she’s sitting down or standing up. I didn’t recognize Dylan at all. I was like, “Who is this person?”. Sheinelle really knocked it out of the park. Al stunk as usual. Savanah was good and Carson was okay. Craig went very method with the hair and did a good job. Willie was okay and Jenna was well, um, special. 

Somewhere in the Hamptons Matt is dying inside. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Not usually a fan of Sheinelle (sp?) but she really nailed it today. She was emotional about how it meant a lot to her because she used to sing and dance to Janet 's music as a young teen. Then they played Janets message to her and she seemed so overwhelmed. It was a nice, sincere moment.

• Love 5

"The most funnest moment".  Really,  Hoda?  Really? 

She then she asks Willie at what age a kid should be toilet trained and says she hopes it's 3.  What an involved mother!  It's 21, Hoda.  Sometime after 21.  Employers like their employees toilet trained.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 10

Willie didn't seem to know the right age for potty training. Doesn't he have three or four kids of his own?

Ditto what's been said about Al Roker's novelty glasses. They look like he bought them at Dollar Tree.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, seasons said:

I agree! The dance theme was fun! Have to give credit to jenna for coming back to.join the group and perform in that dress with the baby weight still there a bit. I think she is very pretty.

and savannah rocked those leather pants!!!🔥

Today was fun and different. I enjoyed it, along with third and fourth hours.

Checked out kelly and ryan. That was fun too but today was better.

Happy Halloween! 🎃

Loved it.  Loved the dance theme.  I think everyone did a good job and had fun with it.

Hoda was extra because of course she was.  I agree about Jenna.  I was extremely self conscious after having my daughter.  That took guts getting out there in that flimsy outfit, I don't care how many Spanx she was wearing (if any).  My favorite was Sheinelle.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

My favorite was Sheinelle.

Sheinelle is always going to be fun to watch cause she has fun with it.  She goes out and gives her all, but she manages to not be "extra".  She could go on Dancing with the Stars and enjoy every single minute of it - the music, the experience, her partner, etc.

#teamsheinelleandkeo 🙂

• Love 7

I had totally forgotten that Hoda & Jenna had only worked together one week before Hoda left. That’s crazy! Now, they have exactly one week to get their act (Part 2) together before pairing up again. I think Hoda has liked working with all of the NBC staff, celebrities and St. Maria Shriver. I still think Jenna was a weak replacement for KLG. Although, she annoyed me a lot she and Hoda had great ratings for 11 years. I’m guessing the first week will be all about Jenna’s third kid. You didn’t know she had a third kid?! Don’t you worry. That’s all you’ll hearing about from this day forward. Ugh!

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I had totally forgotten that Hoda & Jenna had only worked together one week before Hoda left. That’s crazy! Now, they have exactly one week to get their act (Part 2) together before pairing up again. I think Hoda has liked working with all of the NBC staff, celebrities and St. Maria Shriver. I still think Jenna was a weak replacement for KLG. Although, she annoyed me a lot she and Hoda had great ratings for 11 years. I’m guessing the first week will be all about Jenna’s third kid. You didn’t know she had a third kid?! Don’t you worry. That’s all you’ll hearing about from this day forward. Ugh!

Well, we may also hear about how Jenna didn't announce her pregnancy right away cause of the guilt she felt over Hoda wanting another baby.  We will then hear about Hoda leaving after their one week together because she adopted a baby, and how Jenna held down the fort for all those weeks until she went out on her maternity leave.  We will hear about Jenna's new book which will prompt discussions of Hoda's new book.  

I don't know why I care - I stopped watching months ago:)  I miss KLG.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, we may also hear about how Jenna didn't announce her pregnancy right away cause of the guilt she felt over Hoda wanting another baby.  We will then hear about Hoda leaving after their one week together because she adopted a baby, and how Jenna held down the fort for all those weeks until she went out on her maternity leave.  We will hear about Jenna's new book which will prompt discussions of Hoda's new book.  

I don't know why I care - I stopped watching months ago:)  I miss KLG.

Too funny and so true. Who will cry first explaining their trials & tribulations of having a child? Hoda or Jenna?