Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

In today’s news: prince Andrew May have been involved in Epstein’s sex trafficking of underage girls. The president of the United States wants to buy Greenland. Oh and hodas kid had a playdate with Dylan’s kid!! I didn’t see that story in the New York Times, I may have to cancel my subscription now. 

• LOL 11

Dylan said to tune in tomorrow for a special announcement from Hoda. I guess she's going to return after Labor Day...…...maybe, sorta? I think it's odd the network isn't announcing it but they might not remember who Hoda is.  Time will tell. Until tomorrow, y'all.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Dylan said to tune in tomorrow for a special announcement from Hoda. I guess she's going to return after Labor Day...…...maybe, sorta? I think it's odd the network isn't announcing it but they might not remember who Hoda is.  Time will tell. Until tomorrow, y'all.

The suspense is killing me!

Too bad Hoda's coming back.  They should have Leah Remini and Jill Martin as permanent hosts.  They were on last Friday and it was the best show I can remember in a long time.  No shrieking about how nice it was to see or meet each other, no fake hugging, no crying and no baby talk!

Also no "y'all" but it was back today, so maybe it comes and goes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe Hoda adopted a 3rd newborn for her 55th birthday.  If it's a boy, she can name him Blake since that name doesn't seem to be used anymore.

I thought maybe her books were being turned into a cartoon series:)

I hope whoever guest hosts with Hoda her first day back is ready to fake the enthusiasm.  Cause if they heard it at 7 and at 8, and then during the 3rd hour, when she goes into having hope, joy is non negotiable, her heart is full, etc for the 4th hour, it could get ugly.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, that's disappointing.  I was hoping Hoda was going to announce her retirement.  I'm sure Jenna appreciates her motherhood advice since she has 3 kids and has been a mother for years.

Jenna?  Who's Jenna?  Didn't ask for or mention her once, and I didn't catch her in any of the pictures...….

OMG! What is with the Hoda worship??! You would think she had been taken hostage and just released back into freedom. Good luck with the fourth hour. I have a feeling it will eventually spin into oblivion an become a question on a future Trivial Pursuit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

OMG! What is with the Hoda worship??! You would think she had been taken hostage and just released back into freedom. Good luck with the fourth hour. I have a feeling it will eventually spin into oblivion an become a question on a future Trivial Pursuit.

Yeah.  I'm pretty sure I'll stop watching when she returns.

• Love 5

OK, I'll admit I tuned in to see her BIG announcement. She had the same clothes on from her previous "video" didn't she ? How the heck does she take a shower/bath with all the bracelets on her arm? Anyone see the pics of her on the beach she posted ? There was a picture of her new baby lying on the blanket wearing a sweater and long pants! Wasn't it 90+ degrees near NYC this weekend?

• LOL 3

I have not posted in awhile but i am dreading Hoda coming back.  I went to the NBC feedback site and complained about her coming back UGH.  I told them I would be looking at other shows now.

Can you imagine how Craig must feel?  You know he is dreading her coming back and I suspect he has her number more then other people do.  Plus he will get less air time.  Craig should have had her job when Matt first got canned.  We all have to be polite and sometimes fake when working to keep our jobs however the level is over the top with her.  Who likes her a bunch of 45 supporters I do not understand her appeal.

I will now only watch the third hour.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

I have not posted in awhile but i am dreading Hoda coming back.  I went to the NBC feedback site and complained about her coming back UGH.  I told them I would be looking at other shows now.

Can you imagine how Craig must feel?  You know he is dreading her coming back and I suspect he has her number more then other people do.  Plus he will get less air time.  Craig should have had her job when Matt first got canned.  We all have to be polite and sometimes fake when working to keep our jobs however the level is over the top with her.  Who likes her a bunch of 45 supporters I do not understand her appeal.

I will now only watch the third hour.

I still think Hoda got the 7am hour because she was in the studio that morning. The Matt firing happened the night before in the early morning and since it was a touchy subject they had to go with another woman. Hoda was already gonna be there for the 3rd hour and then put next to Savannah. I agree that Craig brought a little more serious tone to the 7am hour with Savannah. Now, I we have to hear all over again that Hoda is a mother and it's amazing. Of course, another book will be written where her daughter told her something too cute and Hoda had to write a book about it. Why can't they just do the news? Do we have to know about their kids? Thankfully, Hoda being the only mother in the world will show us the way. Oh, brother!

Also, Hoda gave Jenna maternity advice. Um, didn't Jenna have her two kids way before Hoda had hers? Why would Jenna need advice on maternity leave from Hoda?! Hoda really does think she knows all for some reason. Hey, Hoda! How about not leaving rooms and parties and not telling people you're doing so.

https://www.today.com/parents/hoda-kotb-shares-maternity-leave-advice-she-gave-jenna-bush-t161041?cid=sm_npd_td_tw_ma

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

For a while now I've been channel surfing between this show and GMA but Hoda and Strahan have had me over at CBS quite a bit. News without all the nonsense wins.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I still think Hoda got the 7am hour because she was in the studio that morning. The Matt firing happened the night before in the early morning and since it was a touchy subject they had to go with another woman. Hoda was already gonna be there for the 3rd hour and then put next to Savannah. I agree that Craig brought a little more serious tone to the 7am hour with Savannah. Now, I we have to hear all over again that Hoda is a mother and it's amazing. Of course, another book will be written where her daughter told her something too cute and Hoda had to write a book about it. Why can't they just do the news? Do we have to know about their kids? Thankfully, Hoda being the only mother in the world will show us the way. Oh, brother!

Also, Hoda gave Jenna maternity advice. Um, didn't Jenna have her two kids way before Hoda had hers? Why would Jenna need advice on maternity leave from Hoda?! Hoda really does think she knows all for some reason. Hey, Hoda! How about not leaving rooms and parties and not telling people you're doing so.

https://www.today.com/parents/hoda-kotb-shares-maternity-leave-advice-she-gave-jenna-bush-t161041?cid=sm_npd_td_tw_ma

How could Hoda give maternity advice to Jenna?  Jenna did have two kids before Hoda adopted her kid . 

Hoda did not give birth , how can she give maternity advice ?  It would be called parenting advice . And who in their right mind would take advice from a woman who has a staff to take care of her kids, lives like a slob and thinks it’s funny, and has no manners or social skills when it comes to her friends ?   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, susied2009 said:

OK, I'll admit I tuned in to see her BIG announcement. She had the same clothes on from her previous "video" didn't she ? How the heck does she take a shower/bath with all the bracelets on her arm? Anyone see the pics of her on the beach she posted ? There was a picture of her new baby lying on the blanket wearing a sweater and long pants! Wasn't it 90+ degrees near NYC this weekend?

I saw the baby in a sweater . That is just weird. It is not cold in NYC !

Hoda is lucky she has a job where she wears a lot of make up  and gets her hair styled  Yikes ! Not only does she look super old , she looks like Mick Jagger when she doesn’t have make up on ! 

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The bolded, underlined portion. This.  Yes.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I actually like Natalie & Willie hosting. They’re funny without being obnoxious and actually have some brain cells. 

They aren't competing with each other to be the loudest, the funniest, etc.

Did I understand them right today - is Jenna coming back after Labor Day as well?  So she doesn't get the full maternity leave?

I do like all the fans complaining how Hoda coming back will affect Craig's job.  He should have got the job over Hoda to start with.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They aren't competing with each other to be the loudest, the funniest, etc.

Did I understand them right today - is Jenna coming back after Labor Day as well?  So she doesn't get the full maternity leave?

I do like all the fans complaining how Hoda coming back will affect Craig's job.  He should have got the job over Hoda to start with.  

Jenna is probably like this is old hat. I’m good with a few weeks off. I remember some of the soap stars coming back from maternity after a couple of weeks  because of storyline timing. Hoda was just an anomaly in the maternity leave contest. She had the paid/unpaid maternity leave but makes so much money it wasn’t a hardship for her. Most woman in the real world couldn’t take an extra 6 weeks without pay. I believe Canada 🇨🇦 has a year long maternity leave but I don’t know if it’s paid for the whole year. Anyway, we’ll see Hoda and her open mouth in 2 weeks. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jenna is probably like this is old hat. I’m good with a few weeks off. I remember some of the soap stars coming back from maternity after a couple of weeks  because of storyline timing. Hoda was just an anomaly in the maternity leave contest. She had the paid/unpaid maternity leave but makes so much money it wasn’t a hardship for her. Most woman in the real world couldn’t take an extra 6 weeks without pay. I believe Canada 🇨🇦 has a year long maternity leave but I don’t know if it’s paid for the whole year. Anyway, we’ll see and her open mouth in 2 weeks. 

So she's ignoring Hoda's advice:)  Works for me.  I've only been watching cause of the guest hosts lately.  Be interesting to watch Willie and his wife tomorrow.

Wow, that nursery they gave that couple was ugly. The partially striped wall was the worst. The colors were ugly and the lines weren’t straight so it looked like kids played with magic markers on the wall. 

2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Wow, that nursery they gave that couple was ugly. The partially striped wall was the worst. The colors were ugly and the lines weren’t straight so it looked like kids played with magic markers on the wall. 

Ha!  I thought so too and I think the couple was less than thrilled. 

Remember the other day Valerie Bertinelli made a chicken dish that everyone said was the best they’d ever tasted?  I tried it yesterday, following the recipe exactly. The chicken was good but the sauce completely burned off and the olives and garlic were like charcoal briquettes. It ruined my cast iron skillet. I was pretty pissed. 

Never heard of this Lizzo before but do.not.like.

Love Lizzo.  She currently has a top ten song on the Billboard Hot 100, which is more than I can say about most of the other pop stars they've had on this summer. *coughs Tori Kelly*

Why was Willie's wife co-hosting the fourth hour?  Willie's all right, but it was nepotism on top of nepotism.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Love Lizzo.  She currently has a top ten song on the Billboard Hot 100, which is more than I can say about most of the other pop stars they've had on this summer. *coughs Tori Kelly*

Why was Willie's wife co-hosting the fourth hour?  Willie's all right, but it was nepotism on top of nepotism.

Nepotism. Don’t forget Willies dad’s book plus Craig’s wife was just on yesterday!

• Love 1

So, today’s fourth hour is pretaped food segments with Jenna?  I guess the cohosts are tired of extra air time and covering for Hoda. If that’s the case, I don’t blame them.  Is Craig leaving?

Edited by Bronzedog
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So, today’s fourth hour is pretaped food segments with Jenna?  I guess the cohosts are tired of extra air time and covering for Hoda. If that’s the case, I don’t blame them.  Is Craig leaving?

Yea, I didn't understand why they had that pre-taped show on....have they run out of people to ask to guest host?  Why didn't they just have Natalie fill in for the Summer, she seems to just flit from show to show.  Or what about DonnaAdorable, they seem to love her?  Just let her practice her Hosting skills for the Summer....doesn't seem like TPTB planned this out very good, or they didn't know Hoda was going to be gone so long.

Or it is the lowest rated week of the summer and every single non-news program is deep in reruns.  KLG and Hoda were rare with reruns, but they had several during their run, during the winter holidays and the dog days of summer.

We may see reruns or re-packaged shows all week long. Er, rather, those who actually still tune in.  It gives the whole production staff the chance to chill. 

I'm also expecting KLG will guest co-host at least one day of Hoda's Return.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, I didn't understand why they had that pre-taped show on....have they run out of people to ask to guest host?  Why didn't they just have Natalie fill in for the Summer, she seems to just flit from show to show.  Or what about DonnaAdorable, they seem to love her?  Just let her practice her Hosting skills for the Summer....doesn't seem like TPTB planned this out very good, or they didn't know Hoda was going to be gone so long.

I suspect they were blindsided by both of their hosts being on maternity leave at the same time and Hoda taking almost a half of the year off.  I figured they were grasping at straws when they bought in the spouses of the fill-ins.

• Love 2

I was shocked to hear Jenna's voice, thinking she's back already???  But no, taped episodes.  I guess it was too much to ask for guest hosts to pretape shows to be shown this week.  

5 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

Tatiana Schlossberg.  That was just so painful to watch.  Indulged much?  I AM A SERIOUS JOURNALIST JUST LIKE ALL YOU GUYS.  REALLY.  I AM!  

Not to mention how they always try to make old money political families seem like martyrs with their talk of “public service” as if entitlement and egos and power have nothing to do with it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dakisela said:

Tatiana Schlossberg.  That was just so painful to watch.  Indulged much?  I AM A SERIOUS JOURNALIST JUST LIKE ALL YOU GUYS.  REALLY.  I AM!  

Wow, I had to watch a clip of that. Tatiana---um, you know, um, journalist, um, you know, you know, um...Her mother speaks exactly the same way. You would think she could get some media training. She had a hard time making eye contact too. I just cannot with these smug Kennedys.

• Love 5

I had to watch the clip too of Tatiana. Since I had nothing better to do, I tried to count how many times she said "umm" and "you know"  - approximately 50 times in  a five minute interview. She seems nice and not full.of herself but she sure is a mumble mouth like her mother.

I wonder how she is able to determine which country her roses come from? 🌹 Please.

Edited by seasons