Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I wonder how the ratings are for TODAY.  It is so flat, so boring.

The ratings must be horrible for the 4th hour. I only watched for a minute yesterday and the best they can talk about is Willie cleaning out a storage locker?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

So, once again, a Hoda sighting at Jenna's shower.  I think, at this point, if I was a coworker, I 'd be a little tired of covering for her at work.

Still no Blake sighting, though.

Did Hoda stay for the whole thing, or just leave without telling anyone?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

A shower for a third child?  And the mother is very well off?

It's the new thing for the well to do celebrity.  Your wedding showers, baby showers, kids birthday parties, etc are all brought to you by the following sponsors.  This means free stuff for the well to do celebrity and advertising for the sponsors.  

Also - it was probably the only way they could get Hoda out in public and seen with Jenna.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

A shower for a third child?  And the mother is very well off?

Oh well.  None of my business.

I know.  My niece had a shower for her third baby.  Being the incredibly supportive aunt that I am, when I was invited, I said. “Whut?”

• LOL 8

Hoda needed to see work people that she doesn't actually work with. I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that party. "Um, yeah, I'm not coming back. I don't know why NBC won't let me announce it. It's no fun without Kathie Lee. Oh, wait! Is Jenna standing behind me?"

• LOL 3
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hoda will be a guest tomorrow to discuss her book and kids

Isn't it kind of strange that she can come back to be a guest and promote her book and talk nonstop about her kids, but she hasn't come back to her job?? Guessing she is just getting paid to do whatever she wants to do. Must be nice. 

• Love 6
On 7/31/2019 at 5:15 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Did Hoda stay for the whole thing, or just leave without telling anyone?

I’m sure she did do her usual rude leaving without saying goodbye !  But she makes sure to put her face with her obnoxious oversized smile in every picture like a 16 year old take by selfies with her friends trying to convince everyone she is “having so much fun “!!

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Popcorn22 said:

Is Hoda’s book a compilation of other peoples quotes ? It sure looks that way !

Hoda is the woman who says things like "me and her, him and me, me and you", etc. No way has she actually "authored" or written a book on her own. She just slaps her name on it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hoda is the woman who says things like "me and her, him and me, me and you", etc. No way has she actually "authored" or written a book on her own. She just slaps her name on it. 

Or she uses the office copier and copies other people’s quotes and calls it a book. She probably got a paid a lot of money for it, too. It’s beyond dumb but people will buy it.

Also, Hoda says she’ll be back soon. They’re all saying that. What is the f’ing big secret about it? I’ve know woman who have given birth to twins back from maternity leave faster then her. Of course, everyday people could do it too but they would be getting paid for it or making Honda’s salary to begin with. The rich keep on winning. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Pickles said:

Isn't it kind of strange that she can come back to be a guest and promote her book and talk nonstop about her kids, but she hasn't come back to her job?? Guessing she is just getting paid to do whatever she wants to do. Must be nice. 

I have no words; I have too many words.  I have one word:  Barf.   The entitlement is astounding.  

• Love 5

I saw the clip of Hoda during the 3rd Our of Today. She having FUN...A BLAST...BLOWING BUBBLES...GROCERY STORE ADVENTURES....every LITTLE MOMENT IS A MIRACLE! This woman is 54 years old....with a 60+ year "boyfriend". All she wants to do in life is "HAVE FUN"!???! She needs to jump over a few time slots and sit down with Dr. Phil to find out what is wrong with her....

I'm not even going to comment on Jenna Bush Hager(or JBH as girlfriend Hoda called her)goodbye speech....

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

She didn't mention when she will be returning.  She is just too over-the-top for me.  She would exhaust me if I had to spend too much time with her.  She talked about how special it was to go to the grocery store with Hailey - it was an "adventure."  Apparently it is not part of her normal routine.  Maybe if she had to do it once or twice a week it wouldn't be the special outing she describes.  She is becoming un-relatable. I wonder how many mothers of young children were rolling their eyes at her.

And when she had to get down on the floor of the deck to show that chair like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  She is just so goofy, I can't picture her doing hard news stories anymore.  She can stay with the fourth hour, but they need someone different for the first two hours.  She is actually making me miss Matt Lauer.

I thought it was interesting when she asked, "Has Jenna had her baby yet?"  Wow.  I thought they were supposed to be close, but apparently not.  Partners on a show together?  And no one would bother to tell her?  It would have been funny if one of them had said, oh yeah, Jenna had her baby last week.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, susied2009 said:

I saw the clip of Hoda during the 3rd Our of Today. She having FUN...A BLAST...BLOWING BUBBLES...GROCERY STORE ADVENTURES....every LITTLE MOMENT IS A MIRACLE! This woman is 54 years old....with a 60+ year "boyfriend". All she wants to do in life is "HAVE FUN"!???! She needs to jump over a few time slots and sit down with Dr. Phil to find out what is wrong with her....

I'm not even going to comment on Jenna Bush Hager(or JBH as girlfriend Hoda called her)goodbye speech....

Yes Hoda, many of us have been moms for a long time, can you stop making it seem like you are a wide eyed young woman seeing the world for the first time? And then having to share your revelations with us about what it’s like to have kids? You’re not the first person to ever have children! You’re an older woman who is in denial of her age and wants to convince herself that she’s just a young lady living the good life. It’s just sad to watch. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

She didn't mention when she will be returning.  She is just too over-the-top for me.  She would exhaust me if I had to spend too much time with her.  She talked about how special it was to go to the grocery store with Hailey - it was an "adventure."  Apparently it is not part of her normal routine.  Maybe if she had to do it once or twice a week it wouldn't be the special outing she describes.  She is becoming un-relatable. I wonder how many mothers of young children were rolling their eyes at her.

And when she had to get down on the floor of the deck to show that chair like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  She is just so goofy, I can't picture her doing hard news stories anymore.  She can stay with the fourth hour, but they need someone different for the first two hours.  She is actually making me miss Matt Lauer.

I thought it was interesting when she asked, "Has Jenna had her baby yet?"  Wow.  I thought they were supposed to be close, but apparently not.  Partners on a show together?  And no one would bother to tell her?  It would have been funny if one of them had said, oh yeah, Jenna had her baby last week.

So well said!  Plus I thought she looked a mess.

• Love 5

I don't watch this show much anymore, but I saw the clip of Hoda this morning and she made me want to hurl when she was gushing about her grocery store experiences.  She made it sound like she had discovered some new adventure.   I don't have kids but yesterday I saw a mom in the grocery store pushing a baby carriage with two kids, plus two older kids who looked to be about 6 and 7.   I wish I could tell Hoda "I'd like to see you manage THAT in a store!" 

And yes, Hoda looked a hot mess.  She could have combed her hair but I think she looked like that on purpose to show us how "hard" she's been working to be a mother. 

• Love 5

I'm so glad Hoda is having fun on her 5 month maternity leave. <sarcasm>. She doesn't seem to be any rush to come back even when her co-host is starting her maternity leave. Don't you think a normal person would say I've had my time and I need to go back to work?! Nope! And, she still doesn't give a return date. It's all blah, blah, blah to my fans and I can't wait to see you again. Hurl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/3/2019 at 8:28 AM, Haleth said:

I heard Jenna say she's starting her maternity leave.  Did anyone mention who will be hosting the 4th hour next week?  

Yea, its odd they did not reveal who would be filling the TWO empty spots on the show!  I'm wondering who will show up on Monday morning?  Or will they just hold over the 3rd Hour hosts?

7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, its odd they did not reveal who would be filling the TWO empty spots on the show!  I'm wondering who will show up on Monday morning?  Or will they just hold over the 3rd Hour hosts?

Maria and Natalie would be nice, but since Maria's cousin just died, she might be busy with family right now.  Is Carson back or is he filming The Voice?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maria and Natalie would be nice, but since Maria's cousin just died, she might be busy with family right now.  Is Carson back or is he filming The Voice?

I like Natalie...she would be good.  I also like Carson, he is so down to earth & funny, and I don't think The Voice is filming right now.  I hope we don't get a revolving door of fill-ins.

• Love 3

I'm so glad Jenna had her baby. I don't know what else the host of TODAY would be able to discuss if another baby hadn't been born or adopted. Thank goodness Dylan has announced that she is pregnant. LOL!!!! Maybe, Hoda will come back the day after Labor Day. It seems that the morning shows sort of shut down before the holiday and then they are back from their vacations. They usually don't work the holiday so I'm guessing Sheinelle Jones will be working. Labor Day is on Monday so I'm thinking Hoda will be back on the Tuesday after. Just a guess though.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I found this on People.com, and thought that I would share it here.

94-ACD60-E-4-DF0-4111-AC86-EAE02-C80-B90

So, did she take the kids upstairs after this picture was taken and wait for Jenna and Savannah to leave?

• LOL 1

So, somehow a woman who adopted and has a staff to help her with her babies is taking almost five months of parental leave ? 

Why would NBC allow Hoda to not come back when her cohost her to leave to have her baby?

The more I see Hoda the more I see a narcissist personality who makes everything about her .  She’s not mean, but she’s super self absorbed and rude.

Besides that , she is very stupid when she speaks and has the grammar of a child elementary school !

How did she ever rise to the level she is at right now ? 

• Love 12

I don't know if Hoda has a staff or not. It actually looks more like her mother than anything but I think she should have come back before Jenna was taking her leave. It's her second kid and she's had over 4 months of leave. I think that's more then enough considering there weren't any medical issues. You have a job and are the host (star) of the show with your name in the title. It's time to get your a** back in your chair and do your job that you are paid millions to do.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't know if Hoda has a staff or not. It actually looks more like her mother than anything but I think she should have come back before Jenna was taking her leave. It's her second kid and she's had over 4 months of leave. I think that's more then enough considering there weren't any medical issues. You have a job and are the host (star) of the show with your name in the title. It's time to get your a** back in your chair and do your job that you are paid millions to do.

Hoda is no way just depending on her mom to take care of her kids and her life !  Her mom does not live in town and there are many pics of her out without the baby .

Also, her mom and family coming to town is always a big deal with Hoda posting pictures of them with her giant open mouth smiling like a muppet like it’s a great occasion!

She  obviously doesn’t  shop for herself or she wouldn’t find it so exciting to go shopping with a two year old ! 

• Love 3

I don't understand why Hoda has not come back now that Jenna is on her maternity leave.  Apparently Natalie is filling in, so why don't they just announce that Natalie is filling in for a certain amount of time?  And the 1st day, they had Tori Spelling & another woman from 90210 as 'special" Co-hosts.  I turned off the TV. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Hoda is no way just depending on her mom to take care of her kids and her life !  Her mom does not live in town and there are many pics of her out without the baby .

Also, her mom and family coming to town is always a big deal with Hoda posting pictures of them with her giant open mouth smiling like a muppet like it’s a great occasion!

She  obviously doesn’t  shop for herself or she wouldn’t find it so exciting to go shopping with a two year old ! 

Hoda has “babysitters” (code for nannies). Plus isn’t Joel old enough to be retired?

I have a feeling her "perfect life" isn't so perfect and she can't deal with it so she not returning to work. I don't think she is close to any women on the show but did have a close friendship with Kathi Lee when they worked together because Kathi was OLDER.

There have been no pictures of the new baby since June. I find that odd.

She is 54 and Joel 63. These two are AARP material NOT Babies R Us.

• Love 7

I am beginning to wonder if Hoda is going to sit out the rest of the year and return when Jenna returns. I am assuming Jenna is off now until next year?? Have to say, I don't like the name Hal, especially for a baby. 

Must be nice for Hoda to collect her big salary all this time, with no timeline given for her return to work where she would actually be earning her salary. I don't even watch this show anymore and it irritates me that Hoda is still off. Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’m all for Hoda being able to take time off with her baby. I don’t want to dump on her for having the means to take time off. This baby may also have some medical issues we don’t know about. Or not. Even so, if she’s been able to negotiate this time off, then good for her. She’s been loyal to Today, ready to chip in during crises. It’s true that I am surprised, as her leave came soon after launching the new show with Jenna; I assume Hoda would be a stabilizing presence for viewers and advertisers would want her there. It would be difficult to gauge ratings for the new show and now that Jenna is going on leave, there will be even less stability in August. I’m sure Hoda is very aware. Maybe she is dealing with personal stuff and just needs time off and maybe she’s even taking less pay - we don’t know. I’m willing to give her the benefit of a doubt. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, schroeder said:

I’m all for Hoda being able to take time off with her baby. I don’t want to dump on her for having the means to take time off. This baby may also have some medical issues we don’t know about. Or not. Even so, if she’s been able to negotiate this time off, then good for her. She’s been loyal to Today, ready to chip in during crises. It’s true that I am surprised, as her leave came soon after launching the new show with Jenna; I assume Hoda would be a stabilizing presence for viewers and advertisers would want her there. It would be difficult to gauge ratings for the new show and now that Jenna is going on leave, there will be even less stability in August. I’m sure Hoda is very aware. Maybe she is dealing with personal stuff and just needs time off and maybe she’s even taking less pay - we don’t know. I’m willing to give her the benefit of a doubt. 

Looks like she’s dealing with beach days and fun with her family while her nanny watches the newborn!

I was beginning to wonder if the baby had some kind of medical condition and that was the reason for Hoda taking such a long leave , but she seems out and about and the baby isn’t with her quite a bit of the time !

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3