Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Dylan is pregnant! (As if I care that another rich celebrity was so upset because she couldn’t have baby number 2 while middle aged !)

Of course Hoda and her fly trap big mouth is smiling in ever picture announcing then second coming ! 

Why is someone being pregnant such a b big freaking deal? Who cares? Why is adoption by a kid such a big deal?  I get that it’s a big deal if it’s your baby or someone you know, but these rich, spoiled privileged people who whine about not being able to keep reproducing are annoying !

And since they are such wonderful people , why don’t they adopt one of the many kids who are not babies who are living in foster care instead of having very expensive IvF treatments or buying newborn babies ? Sorry, but baking able to get infants because you have mine is “buying” them ! 

• Love 2

With Jenna and Dylan pregnant and Jenna not feeling well this morning, seems Hoda is going to need to get back to work. The news of her adopting another newborn is old news at this point.  And, so is Hoda as far as adopting a newborn goes....  Miss you, Blake!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

With Jenna and Dylan pregnant and Jenna not feeling well this morning, seems Hoda is going to need to get back to work.

I'm fine with guest hosts, which reminds me - why doesn't Brooke Shields ever guest host anymore?  She used to show up on Today's Take all the time.

• Love 1

They might as well rename this "The Mom Show."  For those of us who don't have children, it's boring to listen to all the mom talk.  We get it.  You've got kids.  Big whoop.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

With Jenna and Dylan pregnant and Jenna not feeling well this morning, seems Hoda is going to need to get back to work. The news of her adopting another newborn is old news at this point.  And, so is Hoda as far as adopting a newborn goes....  Miss you, Blake!

Are you talking about Hoda's newborn she just adopted? Remember, shortly after that adoption, she mentioned in an interview that she might adopt number three! Oh goody. So, be prepared for anything. 

Are the woman of Today the only ones who have babies?! Because they sure make it seem that way. And, what amazing luck that Dylan announcing that she was pregnant today just when she penned an article in People Magazine came out today. It’s just amazing. Smh all the time. It’s a blessing I’m sure but they all have had one kid already. Why is it sooooooooooo amazing the second time. I wish they STFU about it. Unfortunately, whenever Hoda gets back it will start up all over again. I think it will start with hoda saying, “You know what............”. Shoot me now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Are you talking about Hoda's newborn she just adopted? Remember, shortly after that adoption, she mentioned in an interview that she might adopt number three! Oh goody. So, be prepared for anything. 

I assume Hoda has plenty of money, so, maybe she should retire and adopt more kids no one has to know about.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh jeebus cripes, when will it end?  I guess Sheinelle's husband is next?  Or Craig's wife?  

I vote Dylan's husband.  He has over 55,000 followers on Instagram which kind of lot for someone who's only known for being the husband of a host/meteorologist on a morning show.  Craig's wife has quite a few followers, too, but she used to be on tv.

The space rocks they had on this morning were pretty cool.  The hosts sounded genuinely exited to get to touch them versus the fake, everything is awesome shtick they do.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Savannah said to Jenna is due two weeks. There’s still no mention of Hoda either. I can’t believe Hoda isn’t coming back for a two week overlap at least. It makes me wonder if there is some drama behind the scenes. Maybe, Hoda wants do drop the 4th hour and just concentrate on the 2 hour morning show. I mean we can’t expect her to work 3 hours a day. She has to deal with the commute being driven in by a driver, getting her hair & makeup done professionally and then having to wait an hour in between shows. The struggle is real for Hoda. Too funny!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 6

I can understand keeping Dylan's pregnancy a secret - she's had one miscarriage and wanted to be sure everything was ok before announcing it.  Jenna didn't say anything out of guilt - yeah, whatever.  But I don't understand why they just can't say when Hoda is coming back.  What is the big deal?  It would stop all the rumors and comments.  And if she isn't back before Jenna leaves - again, what is the big deal?  I say, have Carson and Willie host the 4th hour:)  Bring back Natalie for when Carson can't be there.  Her and Willie were great on Today's Take.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can understand keeping Dylan's pregnancy a secret - she's had one miscarriage and wanted to be sure everything was ok before announcing it.  Jenna didn't say anything out of guilt - yeah, whatever.  But I don't understand why they just can't say when Hoda is coming back.  What is the big deal?  It would stop all the rumors and comments.  And if she isn't back before Jenna leaves - again, what is the big deal?  I say, have Carson and Willie host the 4th hour:)  Bring back Natalie for when Carson can't be there.  Her and Willie were great on Today's Take.

I know Today wants EVERYTHING to be a big reveal or announcement but I agree what’s the big deal about announcing Honda’s return date?! In theory, she’s returning so just announce the date. That is if she isn’t returning full time it might be some legal issue with her contract and/or lawyers. It’s just odd. She’s been out since mid April. And, no offense it’s not like she had a difficult pregnancy and birth. It would end speculation but I just think something more is going on since they’re not saying anything. 

• Love 5
On 7/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, ByaNose said:

And, what amazing luck that Dylan announcing that she was pregnant today just when she penned an article in People Magazine

Got my issue today.  Her article is smaller than the full page picture of Hoda doing her Muppet grin that is in there as well.  Haley is doing it too:/

• LOL 1
On 7/18/2019 at 8:19 PM, ByaNose said:

So Savannah said to Jenna is due two weeks. There’s still mention of Hoda either. I can’t believe Hoda isn’t coming back for a two week overlap at least. It makes me wonder if there is some drama behind the scenes. Maybe, Hoda wants do drop the 4th hour and just concentrate on the 2 hour morning show. I mean we can’t expect her to work 3 hours a day. She has to deal with the commute being driven in by a driver, getting her hair & makeup done professionally and then having to wait an hour in between shows. The struggle is real for Hoda. Too funny!!! 

And when Hoda’s kids get to be too much work she hires more help. Or when her pet gets to be too much she sends it away for training, and later sends it away for good, or more likely had Blake put down because she is too lazy and stupid to teach her kid how to act with a pet !

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Got my issue today.  Her article is smaller than the full page picture of Hoda doing her Muppet grin that is in there as well.  Haley is doing it too:/

Ugh!  Hopefully Haley’s DNA from  her biological parents includes a higher IQ than her dippy mother!  The smile is just cringeworthy on Hoda , and seeing it on  a toddler is weird ! 

• LOL 2
(edited)

I wonder if Hoda’s return is going to be some big surprise!

One minute Savannah will be reading the news , or Al will be sound the weather , and the next Hoda with her giant open mouth will be invading the screen! Or she will show up outside , or surprise Jenna who is ready to explode and make her pee her pants on shock ?

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I need the name of a good personal injury lawyer because watching/hearing that idiot "science" woman this morning has given me seizures and an anxiety attack.

WTF is her problem???  I think being around all those chemicals has caused brain damage. I have never seen anyone so manic or heard anyone speak so fast.  I couldn't understand a word she said and I have no idea what "science" she was attempting to share.  Unless her lesson was "This is what happens when you divert educational funds to create a personal meth lab."

It's July 25th and still no sign of Hoda. There's been no mention of her returning anytime soon either. Jenna is due shortly. Me thinks Hoda is leaving TODAY altogether or quitting the fourth hour with Jenna.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I need the name of a good personal injury lawyer because watching/hearing that idiot "science" woman this morning has given me seizures and an anxiety attack.

WTF is her problem???  I think being around all those chemicals has caused brain damage. I have never seen anyone so manic or heard anyone speak so fast.  I couldn't understand a word she said and I have no idea what "science" she was attempting to share.  Unless her lesson was "This is what happens when you divert educational funds to create a personal meth lab."

Thank you. I thought I was the only one having a hard time understanding her.  She was all garbled. 

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It's July 25th and still no sign of Hoda. There's been no mention of her returning anytime soon either. Jenna is due shortly. Me thinks Hoda is leaving TODAY altogether or quitting the fourth hour with Jenna.

I think you're right. I find the 4th hour unwatchable. Jenna reads ever line off the teleprompter and NOT smoothly. The  segment with Natalie today was the two of the reading lines to each other. I couldn't stand it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Do you think she will suddenly appear back on the show the moment Jenna goes into labor? I rarely watch the show, but even I hope she quits the show altogether. Cannot stand her and the open mouth and just her overall goofiness. But, she wants the big money, so she will be back until she is forced out. She just seems so ignorant and stunted.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Do you think she will suddenly appear back on the show the moment Jenna goes into labor? I rarely watch the show, but even I hope she quits the show altogether. Cannot stand her and the open mouth and just her overall goofiness. But, she wants the big money, so she will be back until she is forced out. She just seems so ignorant and stunted.

I think she makes the bigger money doing the 2 hours in the morning. I don't think she cares much for the 4th hour anymore. She had a good 10 year ride with KLG and now that she's sorta married and has kids I don't think doing the 4th hour is something she wants to do. Maybe, her agents and NBC are trying to do a new contract or something but she's been gone since April.  That's why I wonder (aloud) if she's coming back or not. Also, Jenna is horrible. She can't even read a teleprmprompter correctly.

• Love 1

Here's what I think is going to happen.  Hoda will stay on the early show and bag the 10:00 hour.  Jenna will go on maternity leave, and Natalie will slide in to the main anchor chair.  Jenna doesn't have the chops to be the lead anchor, but she does ok as the wingman.

Either that or Hoda is just going to ride off into the sunset and we'll never see her on tv again.  Not a bad thing...

• Love 3

I wonder if there is an issue with the adoption, and that is why Hoda is still on leave.  Either way, her absence should be addressed.  

And I don't watch the 4th hour anymore, but I did watch a clip with Marcus Samuelsson cause I like him.  He was making Mexican street corn and sprinkling cheese on it.  Jenna asked if he was using Cajeta cheese.  Ok, Jenna from Texas - Cajeta is a thick sauce you might use in desserts.  Cotija is the cheese one might put on street corn.  And for the record, he was using parmesan:)

I shouldn’t complain because I really don’t like Hoda, but, Sara Haines gave birth to her 3rd child on June 26th and is back at work.  I guess adopting is harder than giving birth.  Blake?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Why’s was with the weird Hoda montage today? The made it sound like there was Hoda hating going on and this was their way to show they like her. It was a really strange bit.

4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why’s was with the weird Hoda montage today? The made it sound like there was Hoda hating going on and this was their way to show they like her. It was a really strange bit.

Sometimes I wish I watched the show.  Was it on the 4th hour?  And TBH, for the amount of comments on social media, I wouldn't be surprised to see them mentioning her.  There are a lot of posts saying she isn't coming back, there is something going on BTS, what's with the long maternity leave, etc.  

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I tuned in just long enough to see Craig Melvin's ugly jacket and changed the channel.  Ugh.

Same here. I did listen long enough to learn his five year old son pick out the fabric...like I care.....

The Today show all about the HOSTS. They should cut out having guests.

• Love 2

I hate hate the “let’s go y’all!” intro. Hopefully they’ll retire that when Jenna goes on leave. AAMOF when she leaves they should revamp the entire show cuz as it is, it’s not working. 

• Love 3

I think anywhere between six to twelve weeks maternity leave is pretty standard (though woefully measly) so I'm not shocked Hoda is not back yet.  I wish she would stick with the fourth hour and Craig can move up and become the permanent co anchor in the mornings with Savanah.  I think they work well together.  If I were Hoda I would rather have the easier 10am gig. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I tuned in just long enough to see Craig Melvin's ugly jacket and changed the channel.  Ugh.

That was just horrible.  I can see him wearing it because his son chose it; but mixing patterns is not easy and he absolutely failed at it.  Obviously didn't consult Al or his stylist first!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

That was just horrible.  I can see him wearing it because his son chose it; but mixing patterns is not easy and he absolutely failed at it.  Obviously didn't consult Al or his stylist first!

He needed the blue framed glasses that Al wears😂

I like Craig and his kids are adorable.  I wish he could be the co-anchor with Savannah permanently.  Hoda will come back and it will be like Craig who??

• Love 1
On 7/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, ByaNose said:

Anything to see less of her giant , open mouth and head less of her uncontrollable cackling would be great !

• Love 3

You know the stories about Hoda's incredible rudeness when she leaves parties without saying goodbye, leaves people that went with her without telling them, or, leaves people in her house until they figure out she wants them to leave?  Maybe she left the show and never bothered to tell anyone.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You know the stories about Hoda's incredible rudeness when she leaves parties without saying goodbye, leaves people that went with her without telling them, or, leaves people in her house until they figure out she wants them to leave?  Maybe she left the show and never bothered to tell anyone.

We can only hope.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

That would be so like her to do this. Hysterical!

• Love 2

Wow!!!  She's still not back yet?  I would have thought she would have burned through her vacation by now.  At this point, it is beyond ridiculous for NBC to not address her absence. 

And I forgot to change the channel at 10:00 - let's 🤮 y'all!  Hopefully, they drop that while Jenna is gone.  Then, when she comes back, they can do a different opening.

(edited)

Jenna’s co-host today. I.litterally.did.not.and.do.not know.who.she.is?!! Heather McMahon? Jenna kept saying she is an internet sensation. It didn’t help. I still don’t know her. All the regular NBC Today people are vacationing. They have no more people to back fill Hoda. Even Savannah & Craig were off. It’s beyond ridiculous now. If Hoda isn’t back next week for the first full week of August she ain’t never coming back. There is something going on people...........

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

It’s really irritating that they mention where they’ve seen Hoda or show a picture of her somewhere.  If she’s going to be gone, let her be gone.  I don’t need to see pictures of her everywhere but at work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lb60 said:

Darius, the boy that makes bow ties to help dogs get adopted, was adorable.

I also had no clue who Jenna's cohost was today.

Since Jenna is giving birth soon and everyone else is on vacation, maybe they're auditioning people off the street.

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kind of curious - why didn't Meredith ever come back?

I saw a commercial where Meredith will be hosting a new weekday game show this fall. She’s probably been busy pre-taping episodes. 

I agree the whole thing about Hoda is weird.  I fully get that they cannot discriminate between giving birth and adopting when granting family leave, but still ... You would think she would be considering if this is affecting her career.  (Bear in mind I am older and remember when women were given six weeks off and then had to return to work, after childbirth.)

I wonder how the ratings are for TODAY.  It is so flat, so boring.  I usually turn it off after the first 45 minutes unless there is something interesting.  I even watched a bit of the CBS morning show the other day, I was so desperate.

• Love 2