Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda will be returning Tuesday after almost 5 months of maternity leave. I wonder if she’s counting down the days to her next vacation. 

Or maybe she has another adoption in the works and another extended maternity leave. 

• LOL 3

Did someone's feelings get hurt?  Cause the show is running stories about why adoptive parents need a maternity leave, or adoptive parents who have encountered hostility, skepticism over taking leave.

Maybe viewers are just tired of hearing about it??

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Warning for Hoda's return on Tuesday - talk has been about how "the family is going to be all back together" and there will be "lots of laughter and tears". Gag me.

this used to be a news program. 

We all know it’s going to be a slow, painful recap of the glorious wonder of Hodas kids.  Complete with too many pictures and a play by play of all the precious moments of being Hoda—mom edition. 🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

We all know it’s going to be a slow, painful recap of the glorious wonder of Hodas kids.  Complete with too many pictures and a play by play of all the precious moments of being Hoda—mom edition. 🤮

Because as we all know Hoda is the first person to ever have a baby.....two babies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Think I'm gonna puke.  I'm out.  Miss you, Blake!

I had to turn it off about 5 minutes into the chat part with Maria after the big Hoda return. IT WAS ALL SO HEAVY HANDED AND CONTRIVED. YUCK. 

• Love 6

Well I went to the NBC Feedback and wrote the following

YOU LOST A VIEWER & I KNOW ALOT MORE BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT THE ONLY MOTHER IN THE WORLD HODA BACK.  THE SHOW HAD BEEN GREAT WITH CRAIG WHO SHOULD HAVE HAD THE JOB BUT AS A WOMAN I AM SAYING THIS YOU ONLY GAVE HODA BECAUSE YOU CAVED.  I DID NOT WATCH THE SHOW HEARD HAD SPECIAL SEGMENT UGH.  HAVE YOU LISTENED TO WHAT KIND OF THINGS SHE SAYS SHE IS A TERRIBLE PERSON. ALL THE FAKE QUOTES ARE JUST THAT JUST SHE IS FAKE AS FUCK.  TALK ABOUT HOSTILE WORKPLACE HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE HODA OR NO JOB REALLY

I hate the site because you are limited on the characters.  I am only watching the 3rd hour.  I saw Craig posted the other day about being excited Hoda is coming back in a couple of days, I do not believe that for a second I am sorry but you can tell he does not like her, the chemistry he has with Sheinelle and Dylan can not be beat and it is genuine.  I am beginning think it is NBCs personalities contracts that they must gush over Hoda or their contracts will not be renewed.  Does she have naked pictures of executives or something.  Hoda can put all the inspirational quotes but we know she does not practice what she puts out, like all of you have said the terrible things she has admitted to.

Well I quite watching the View and have been detoxed and now I will only watch the Today show when Hoda is not on.

As a dog rescuer, the only reason you should give away your dog is if you are dying or you can not afford the dog financially not because it takes work.  She got Blake to look like a good person.  I never thought I would this but as fake as KLG was I think she is more honest and real then Hoda.

Enough and have a great day

• Love 8

Barf. I caved and watched only 1 minute of the segment on her WONDERFUL SUMMER. The girls are beautiful. The segment/show is all about HODA !! What self center woman ! It's hard for me to believe she's 55 years old. My 22 yr old is more mature than her !

I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what her coworkers REALLY say about her behind her back. This 4th hour REALLY needs to go away....I miss Craig too.Anyone find out about poor Blake?

• Love 4

I haven't watched much of the Today show this summer. I have always liked Craig and agree with others that he should have gotten Hoda' s job. So Hoda's return was just too too much! Everyone went on and on about how much she was missed. Then we had a segment about her wonderful maternity leave/ vacation and how she is seeing everything through her children's eyes now. Escalators are just fascinating inventions!! Another segment had multiple celebrities welcoming her back and saying how much she was missed. Then Maria Shriver came on and talked about taking time off after a personal tragedy. It's really nice if you can but most employers have a set number of days for a family's members death. Mine was 5 days, then you are docked or use sick leave. I need to find another morning program to watch. These people are no longer relatable to everyday working people. They may never have been but it's really noticeable now.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, texassunflower said:

These people are no longer relatable to everyday working people. They may never have been but it's really noticeable now.

Yes -- well put. What working mom gets a New Orleans brass band welcoming her back to work after enjoying months off while having a baby? TOO MUCH. I get they're not like us but when it's so over the top like that it just makes me feel resentful. 

• Love 10

Did Hoda come back from combat or a 5 month vacation? That was so OTT crazy. It's not like she was out before on maternity leave. Why is this some great miracle that she adopted another kid? Then you have St. Maria Shriver telling her that she is loved and everyone loves her and she made some great sacrifice. OMG!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I remember when Robin Roberts was out for several months on GMA due to cancer treatment, bone marrow transplant, chemo, etc., etc.  When she was well enough to come back to work, there was indeed a celebration.  Well-deserved, in my opinion!  Hoda basically took a five-month vacation in order to spend time with her kids.  No comparison.

• Love 10

@debbie311 I remember when Robin Roberts was out also for multiple treatments for cancer. It was her second bout with cancer. She was in isolation for months at a time after her initial treatments. There was a big write up about in People. When she came back, she was bone thin and it was obvious she had been deathly ill. Her GMA family was thrilled to see her because they probably knew how how ill she had been. There's no comparison between the two ladies. I wonder if Jenna will take an extended leave and what the celebration will be when she returns? Savannah has been out twice on maternity leave and Dylan once. I don't remember either of them receiving this kind of treatment.

• Love 3

I don’t really mind Hoda although I do prefer Craig in the 7am slot. I wish Hoda would just stick with 10am and yes I agree that the welcome back was just so over the top. Who really fucking bugs me is Maria Shriver. She’s a rich kid who has no idea what it’s like for a normal person to experience life, death, or anything in between. Yes she has had success in her own right and that’s great. But the Kennedys in general just irritate me with their entitlement and literally getting away with murder with no repercussions. Money talks, Kennedy’s walk and I just don’t want to hear another one preaching at me. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Did Hoda come back from combat or a 5 month vacation? That was so OTT crazy. It's not like she was out before on maternity leave. Why is this some great miracle that she adopted another kid? Then you have St. Maria Shriver telling her that she is loved and everyone loves her and she made some great sacrifice. OMG!!!

What SACRIFICE did Hoda make? I would bet she was still collecting her multi million dollar salary while having the best summer of her life. I can't watch this show at all. Cannot stand Hoda and her giant, always open mouth and her grammatically incorrect sentences. Don't get me started on Maria Shriver. Or any of the Kennedy bunch.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Pickles said:

What SACRIFICE did Hoda make? I would bet she was still collecting her multi million dollar salary while having the best summer of her life. I can't watch this show at all. Cannot stand Hoda and her giant, always open mouth and her grammatically incorrect sentences. Don't get me started on Maria Shriver. Or any of the Kennedy bunch.

NONE ! Not ONE !! 

• Love 4

What a ridiculous, overdone , and insane reaction to a woman who adopted a baby and took 4 months to hang out on the beach which her babies were most likely fed and diapered by nannies until she wanted to “experience” motherhood ! 

Watching two rich ,  privileged  women who have the ability to take off endless amounts of time to think deep thoughts giving advice was nauseating !

Maria and Hoda are so sickening ! Both have no clue what it’s like to wake up all night and feed and diaper a newborn and then need to go back to work in 6 weeks because they need money , and also not have even wash your hair or get dressed , and yet , they spend hours giving advice to women who really have to find ways to cope with life without millions, beach houses and a staff !

At one point Hoda said she was “hormonal”!!!  Does she have a mental illness where she thinks she gave birth ? If she’s “horm “, maybe she should have used her millions to get pregnant in her 50’s and birth a baby twice ! 

Everything Hoda experiences has to turn into a book, a quote , a video and tons of publicity!

i am sure not showing her baby’s face is at least partially due to some deal with People magazine where they will be the first to show the baby in a cover spread ! 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

If Hoda is "hormonal", she must be starting menopause. 

"Menopause and Your Newborn: How to Cope" ! For all those 55+ gals that missed out on motherhood and decided to adopt in retirement. Here it comes guys...new book next year.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I could only take a few minutes of this again this morning.  Maria Shriver was on talking about Marble Jar friends or some dumbass thing, and, gives a little speech about Hoda being one of her marble jar friends because she’s so generous in moving over and making room for her at the table.  WTF???  Yes, Maria.  The original plan of the show was for Hoda to appear alone, or, there just be an empty dark stage when Grandma Hoda is off adopting, but, GH being so generous, decided to “move over and share the table” with someone.  For the love of God, Get your head out of her ass!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

It seems like they've become trapped in the concept of the "Today Show Family", so they spend too much time emphasizing their own families and themselves as a family which leaves little time for segments of use to the audience (especially after the sequence of commercials that never seem to end). The cross talk has got out of control, too.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

It seems like they've become trapped in the concept of the "Today Show Family", so they spend too much time emphasizing their own families and themselves as a family which leaves little time for segments of use to the audience (especially after the sequence of commercials that never seem to end). The cross talk has got out of control, too.

Yep. Every topic somehow circles around to their kids. Remember when people would complain about Kathy lee and her gushing over son Cody? They are all no better. Hope you are all comfortable because all their kids are still very young. Lots of years left to have to hear all about the kids!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, susied2009 said:

Does anyone think they are going overboard with"Woman, Family and Children" issues because of what went on behind the cameras with Matt Lauer ?

Could this be why Hoda got his seat?

It will start all over when Jenna comes back. I thought it was odd when Hoda asked Natalie and Maria if they had talked to Jenna. Hoda said she hasn’t talked to her in a while. Isn’t she your cohost? I think she likes Jenna but not in the Kathie Lee way. The show was so OTT about kids but the Ambush Makeover (the best part of this show) was amazing. A mother & son makeover. They looked so good and I hope they keep it up. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It will start all over when Jenna comes back. I thought it was odd when Hoda asked Natalie and Maria if they had talked to Jenna. Hoda said she hasn’t talked to her in a while. Isn’t she your cohost? I think she likes Jenna but not in the Kathie Lee way. The show was so OTT about kids but the Ambush Makeover (the best part of this show) was amazing. A mother & son makeover. They looked so good and I hope they keep it up. 

Didn't Hoda and KLG have lunch once a week?  I think that was about it for their socializing though.  And nothing wrong with that.  If you spend too much time together, then you have nothing to bore us with on the show - I mean, share with us on the show. 

What I think is also a problem is that Hoda and Maria talk in quotes and clichés.  They try to sound so profound and intelligent and it's not entertaining.  Of course, Jenna will come back and then we won't have to worry about any of that:/  She will tell us about all the impor-dant things her kids did, and mix up her Spanish vocabulary:/

2 hours ago, susied2009 said:

Does anyone think they are going overboard with"Woman, Family and Children" issues because of what went on behind the cameras with Matt Lauer ?

Could this be why Hoda got his seat?

Oh, I think Hoda got his seat cause she was in the right place at the right time.  I think they thought that putting a woman in Matt's chair would send a message.  They should have tried out different people and given the job to the best person - AHEM, CRAIG!!

As for, "women, family and children" - they are having babies or they have young kids at home.  And for some reason, the story ideas seem to revolve around that.  I thought that when they brought back their former producer, some of that would end.  But it's just a very disjointed show.  Carson Daly has done his segment on the 4th hour once since April.  They are gushing over Hoda, they let Jenna yell and interrupt, etc.  There is no attempt to rein any of this in.  If they are waiting for Jenna to get back to change the format AGAIN, they will lose more viewers than they already have.

• Love 2

I clicked by the show a few days ago and stopped to watch for a minute or two and Al was wearing the most ridiculous pair of glasses.  They were almost neon blue and very large.  I thought I caught them in a gag bit, assuming it was some joke they were playing.  They were not.  Those were his real glasses.  Alrighty then. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Day #3..THEY ARE STILLPLAYING CLIPS OF PRAISE FOR HODA AND HER ADOPTION !

I just wasted my time sending a nasty email which I'm sure no one will read. Does anyone have any "inside connection" to someone who cares about what viewers say? Do they read any of these comments?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

My cable stopped carrying NBC before Jenna left, & thank God! I was getting more & more irritated by this show, esp Hoda. I always thought KLG was the funnier part of that duo.

It sounds like the show is more insufferable now. 

Mr Jumbo informed me that the cable co brought back NBC but I won’t be watching anymore. Great job Today Show,  you’ve lost another viewer!

• Love 2

Once again they rushed the cooking segment at the end of the show.  At least Craig tried to let the guy talk.  Savannah always has to make some comment indicating that she's never seen a stove.  Why don't they send all of them (except Al and maybe Carson) to a Cooking 101 class so they don't look so dumb.  Maybe learn some basic knife skills etc.  Although some of them revel in the fact that they can't cook.  What do they feed their kids?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Get ready for the JLO tongue bath. Because she’s amazing, ageless, talented, generous, beautiful, basically the most perfect human to have ever existed! 🙄

and, she's normal just like us. Oh, brother!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

😂  Was my favourite term, "busy mom" brought up?  Because you know, she's a busy mom, too.  How does she do it?  yeesh

Well, it is amazing how she hasn't tripped over nanny, chief, au pair, personal trainer and dog groomer. That takes up a lot of time.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I was flipping channels this morning and stopped on Today, because they had the cast from Downton seated at a big dining table doing an interview. Hoda, Craig and Carson were there. Hoda, at least to me, seemed pretty silent during the interview. I was wondering if she had even heard of Downton Abbey. 

• Love 2