Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

Why, oh why, do more and more segments of all four hours become people yelling? It's headache-inducing and blurs whatever information they're trying to convey.

The better to talk over your fellow co-hosts😁.  And unfortunately, the better to talk over your guests who are trying to convey said information.

• Love 2

Here is a blind item that sounds like Hoda ! 

[Blind Gossip] This pretty TV lady is engaged to be married. Congratulations!

Her fiance is not famous, but he does have money. Good thing, too.

She she was getting worried that she might never be really rich. She thinks of herself as being upper upper class, but it’s hard to pull off that luxury lifestyle if you don’t have the money to back it up.

It’s not like she doesn’t have a job. She does have that TV gig. It’s just that the salary from her job isn’t apparently the kind of rich she had in mind.

Speaking of the TV show, there is a decision to be made about her costars and her wedding.

She actually doesn’t like them much.

Uh, oh, That’s not good.

Plus she knows that they’ve been talking behind her back and saying that she is almost too old to get married.

Meow!

She’s not dumb, though. She knows that it would look bad if she didn’t invite them to the wedding. Plus she knows she will definitely get a lot more publicity if she does invite them.

There are a lot of characters in that pack of people, so it would be worth it for the publicity alone.

If the wedding is highlighted on the show and is extravagant enough, she should get plenty of coverage… and pat herself on the back as someone who can bring publicity to the show for everyone’s benefit.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Is Hoda really that money hungry? Just googling, it looks like she makes around $7 million a year. Matt Lauer was supposedly making $25 million a year, so I suppose that is what she is someday hoping for? Maybe $7 million doesn't go that far after you pay for the nannies and housekeepers and a NYC apartment. Interesting that she may not really like her coworkers. Fake nice on the morning shows is nothing new, I am sure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, divsc said:

Could the blind item be Jill Martin? I don't think she's too old to get married though. It sounds more like it would be about Hoda.

I think it’s about one of the Real Housewives.  There are a few guesses on one of those ladies.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it’s about one of the Real Housewives.  There are a few guesses on one of those ladies.

Ah yes. It does sound like it could be Tinsley on RHONY. Although she is not too old to get married again if that's what she wants.  But she hates all her "co-stars."

I don't think it's Hoda. I don't get the sense that she's money hungry or that she hates all her co-workers. When she awkwardly told her news, they all jumped up and squealed and looked genuinely happy for her. And she and Joel already adopted these two girls, I don't think she's "too old" to get married and make it all official/legal.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, divsc said:

Ah yes. It does sound like it could be Tinsley on RHONY. Although she is not too old to get married again if that's what she wants.  But she hates all her "co-stars."

I don't think it's Hoda. I don't get the sense that she's money hungry or that she hates all her co-workers. When she awkwardly told her news, they all jumped up and squealed and looked genuinely happy for her. And she and Joel already adopted these two girls, I don't think she's "too old" to get married and make it all official/legal.

I think you are right. It sounds much more like Tinsley, now that I think about it.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, seasons said:

Savannah's coat for the parade is fugly. Looks like something a clown or a cartoon character would wear. Pink and red, peter pan collar, big red buttons and trim. Fugly but probably cost a fortune.

I've  wondered in the past if the coats they wear for the parade coverage are provided (and selected?) by Macys.  They always wear different coats than what they wear on the Today Show earlier in the morning.

• Useful 1

Did I miss something with the 10 yr old who plays with makeup? I thought these stories were supposed to be about overcoming adversity or about someone doing something unique. So she’s a kid who plays with her mom’s makeup and her mom indulged her by putting her in social media and now she’s an inspiration? A lot of kids play with makeup, why is this one story so unique other than her mom making her famous online. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yeah, I didn't see anything that was so special about that kid, other than her mom wanting to make some $$$ by pimping the kid out on youtube or instagram or whatever.

Also, I did not need to see The Four Horses going to the spa.

• Love 1

Craig really showed his ass today when he laughed at the people who are working hard to save the obese beagle’s life.  Surely there’s some free food you can find to stuff your face with, Craig.  Go find it.  It’s ironic you laugh about a dog who will apparently eat everything in sight.  You share that trait.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 4

I can’t even sit through much of the Today show anymore .  I do have them on social media . Of course Instagram had to turn into the Hoda show with her big giant smiling  mouth and a video of her jumping up and down because her kid crawled!  Who the f’ck cares?

And of course she forgot Jenna’s baby’s name again , but we have to hear her kids’ names non stop !

I do not get what is so nice about Hoda . She is so self-absorbed and narcissistic. Everything is about her !   

Her sycophants all keep saying how that they want to be her friend and how wonderful she is , but I doubt they would like a friend who leaves them in NYC to find their way home at a party because she can’t say goodbye and then expects them to pick up her belongings at her house ! Or a so called friend who walks out of her living room with her baby and doesn’t say goodbye or thank you for visiting , and just expects you to leave ! 

I don’t think Hoda is intelligent at all, but I do think she is smart about promoting herself and getting to the top, and somehow making everything about her while also making herself seem to be the most unassuming , wonderful person ! 

• Love 9
On 11/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, goldenpuppy said:

Well, I’ve been tuning out because is all of the baby and adoption talk, now we will have to have nonstop wedding talk , even though she’s been married before and she has lived with Joel for a long time !  I can just see the shows to plan the wedding , dress , music , etc !  Then she’ll take a long honeymoon, maybe 2 months to adjust to marriage even though they have lived together forever !  Then there will be w book on marriage ! Ugh 

And the book will be co-written, meaning someone else did all the work & Hoda slapped her name & grin on the cover to make it sell. And it will be wise quotes from other married couples. Let other people do the work & Hoda gets the credit.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

So whatever happened to the Hoda/Jenna fasting plan? 

1) Did/are they going to get on the scales again?

OR

2) Will we never hear about the results?

Did they ever give us the results when they teamed up for fitness?  Hoda and Al, Savannah and Jenna, Craig and Dylan - I think were the teams.

2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

St. Maria Shriver is hosting again. Ugh! The way Hoda hangs on her every word and believes every word she says is so annoying.

Hoda is always looking to other people for opinions, ideas, quotes, etc.  She seems to lack confidence or just be star struck.  "JLo says I should give up carbs for ten days, therefore, I will do it!!!!!!"

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

They need to pull the camera back on Hoda and Maria ! Yuck ! Maria’ plastic surgery face is scary, and so is Hoda’s Mick Jaguar face ! Actually , Mick is prettier !

With the close camera shots and High Def it really shows their work and/or how much makeup they have on along with the pancake makeup. Maria had held for years without going under the knife but she is 64 now and the tv biz can be rough. Her hair was always her asset. Which is always a plus.

• Love 2

The narcissistic twins host again! Can Maria or Hoda ever NOT make something about them and not use it as a way to pontificate their philosophies of life ?

I tuned in because I was home today and was  instantly nauseated ! Someone how a   song by Idina Menzel reminded Hoda of Maria as soon as she heard some word ! Ugh 

Between the non stop gushing over each other and the thoughts about life from two rich women who have no clue about trying to really shuffle life and work with babies without a lot of money and a staff , the show is unbearable, especially with St Maria !

Jenna was in Vietnam interviewing an ex First Lady , but nothing can match Hoda and Maria’s deep thoughts ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, marmalade said:

The narcissistic twins host again! Can Maria or Hoda ever NOT make something about them and not use it as a way to pontificate their philosophies of life ?

I tuned in because I was home today and wads instantly nauseated ! Someone how a a  song song by Idina Menzel reminded Hoda of Maria as soon as she heard some word ! Ugh 

Between the non stop gushing over each other and the thoughts about life from two rich women who have no clue about trying to really shuffle life and work with babies without a lot of money and a staff , the shoe is unbearable, especially with St Maria !

Jenna was in Vietnam interviewing an ex First Lady , but nothing can match Hoda and Maria’s deep thoughts ! 

Totally agree. Try checking out the third hour which is usually a waste of time. The fourth hour is just a joke - 10 minutes of talk about usually stupid shit followed by some ridiculous game. A game. The other day the game was about Christmas song lyrics. I have nbc on as background noise. I used to use qvc as background noise but that has just declined so horribly I just can't like I used to. In the third hour, i find the female cohost (not Dylan) to just be a clueless jerk. Boy am i crabby. Get off my lawn everyone!! 😡

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Savanah is out having eye surgery. Why does the phrase "eye surgery" gives me the chills? Hopefully, all goes well with her surgery and recovery.

Yes, it sounds like its more serious than they 1st thought, she has a torn retina & detached retina...yikes, I hope she heals OK. 

13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with her son hitting her with the toy!!??

Yes, I think they tried more conservative fixes first like the laser treatments, hoping to avoid surgery, but it ended up needing surgery to repair. I read that the recovery could involve a lot of face down time so not sure when she will be back.

• Useful 2

Hoda was SO dumb with the Peloton ad wife lady. First of all, whether you thought the ad was the worst ad you ever saw or just silly, um, it's an actress playing a part. Glad to know she's okay. But the actress seemed pretty chill and cool.

Then Hoda is freaking out that this woman gets to meet Ryan Reynold and does this super awkward bring him out moment. And the woman was just like hey, cool, chill, actually I gotta run to go see my kid's Christmas pageant. Like not the slightest bit flustered or starstruck, just kind of polite and reserved, and if anything she looked like she felt a bit awkward.

And Hoda starts HITTING the woman's knee with papers, squealing "CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE SITTING NEXT TO RYAN REYNOLDS?"

And the woman is like, ya, it's cool, it's my kid's first Christmas pageant so I gotta be there.

ETA: https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/peloton-actress-monica-ruiz-gives-interview-on-today-meets-ryan-reynolds/

Edited by divsc
ETA: video clip
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, divsc said:

Hoda was SO dumb with the Peloton ad wife lady. First of all, whether you the ad was the worst ad you ever saw or just silly, um, it's an actress playing a part. Glad to know she's okay. But the actress seemed pretty chill and cool.

Then Hoda is freaking out that this woman gets to meet Ryan Reynold and does this super awkward bring him out moment. And the woman was just like hey, cool, chill, actually I gotta run to go see my kid's Christmas pageant. Like not the slightest bit flustered or starstruck, just kind of polite and reserved, and if anything she looked like she felt a bit awkward.

And Hoda starts HITTING the woman's knee with papers, squealing "CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE SITTING NEXT TO RYAN REYNOLDS?"

And the woman is like, ya, it's cool, it's my kid's first Christmas pageant so I gotta be there.

ETA: https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/peloton-actress-monica-ruiz-gives-interview-on-today-meets-ryan-reynolds/

I can't believe that someone who's bordering on certifiable can operate in the circles she manages to enjoy. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, divsc said:

Yes, I think they tried more conservative fixes first like the laser treatments, hoping to avoid surgery, but it ended up needing surgery to repair. I read that the recovery could involve a lot of face down time so not sure when she will be back.

They has a doctor on when this initially happened and she said pretty much the same thing, that if they went the surgery route she would basically have to be in traction and not move at all for a certain period of time.  So I think she was trying to avoid that at all cost but ended up having to have the surgery.  I hope her recovery isn't too horrible.I really can't believe she was still working and even going to the parade through all of this honestly but a lot of of these folks all have multiple jobs (NBC and MSNBC) and all work a tremendous amount.  Yes the get compensated but it's still a lot.

• Love 4

Barely three minutes of news in the 8 am hour then on to Hoda's morning boost (puke), then the really important stuff - hoda and Natalie 's Christmas luncheon with the brady bunch cast. Hoda is really in her element here, way more into it than the actual cast, who just seemed kind of embarrassed, along with Natalie. What a joke.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Meanwhile on GMA, "pet of the year" awards for the last half hour. Complete with a small orchestra. 

/  no words

Both Today and GMA are terrible right now. I find CBS much more interesting now.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

They might as well replace Jenna with Maria.  Then I can write this show off completely.

You mean Maria and her children. First, she’s trying to make her daughter Katherine a star and now she has her son, Patrick on. Don’t any of her kids have real jobs? Jeez!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

You mean Maria and her children. First, she’s trying to make her daughter Katherine a star and now she has her son, Patrick on. Don’t any of her kids have real jobs? Jeez!

Give it a few years - you'll see Haley, Hope, Mila, Poppy and little Hal on there talking about their projects as well:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Give it a few years - you'll see Haley, Hope, Mila, Poppy and little Hal on there talking about their projects as well:)

I'm sure they are all working on books right now.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm sure they are all working on books right now.

With the kids of celebs (fill-in-the-blank with any former model/actor/singer/sex tape star) the future of pop culture will ALL be based on nepotism...because all their offspring are so “special” 

• Love 2
On 12/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, rcc said:

Both Today and GMA are terrible right now. I find CBS much more interesting now.

True. But CBS means Gayle, and i just can't. Yet.

but they are definitely more news, and not nonsense. Gotta hand it to them for that!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, seasons said:

True. But CBS means Gayle, and i just can't. Yet.

but they are definitely more news, and not nonsense. Gotta hand it to them for that!

Gayle the diva is a given but I like the news without the nonsense.

• Love 2

If the producers were to go back thru the Today show app/website for 2019, and count the number of headlines featuring the anchors, how many does Hoda have compared to the others?  Now, I'm not talking a news/feature story where they are the interviewer.  I'm talking a headline and story where they are the subject.  For example,

Hoda has a hotline

Hoda discusses what family means to her

Hoda is Baby Yoda (give me a freaking break on that one)

Hoda is issued a challenge by JLo

Hoda gets engaged

Hoda discusses how engagement happened

Hoda discusses wedding plans

Just to name a few.  Also, how many pics of Hoda have been featured on the IG accounts for the year compared to other anchors.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

A long time ago in the Jane Pauley era Today was a mostly serious news program that was on for 2 hours. When Katie Couric took over she became so popular that NBC decided to start making the news about her and Today became even more popular.

It seems that after she left the heads still believe in forcing a host on the public to try to reproduce the popularity. In my opinion they have failed in producing a media star like Katie. Every host has been pushed into the public from Meredith to Savannah to Hoda and while popular and talented they all have failed to produce the popularity of Couric.

Instead of accepting this and going back to the news it seems that NBC believes this is the only way now to produce a winning show when I think it is a losing format. CBS may be the future where the news is the most important. Time will tell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Gayle has worked long & hard for her "position" & I think the current threesome is fabulous.  JMHO!!!

Yes Gayle has worked hard on her career. I might add that I knew Gayle at a local station years ago. She was a diva then and I don't think she has changed. 

14 hours ago, juno said:

A long time ago in the Jane Pauley era Today was a mostly serious news program that was on for 2 hours. When Katie Couric took over she became so popular that NBC decided to start making the news about her and Today became even more popular.

It seems that after she left the heads still believe in forcing a host on the public to try to reproduce the popularity. In my opinion they have failed in producing a media star like Katie. Every host has been pushed into the public from Meredith to Savannah to Hoda and while popular and talented they all have failed to produce the popularity of Couric.

Instead of accepting this and going back to the news it seems that NBC believes this is the only way now to produce a winning show when I think it is a losing format. CBS may be the future where the news is the most important. Time will tell.

Losing Lester Holt has affected the Today show too.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Yes Gayle has worked hard on her career. I might add that I knew Gayle at a local station years ago. She was a diva then and I don't think she has changed. 

Losing Lester Holt has affected the Today show too.

You must live in Connecticut.  My sister lives near Hartford & has told me some "Gayle Tales".  I guess when your best friend gives you a Nanny to help raise your kids while you work, you might feel "above it all" ... LOL.

Yes, I loved Lester on the Today show ... just the right mix.  His news show is appointment TV for me since he replaced Brian Williams (who I still love & never miss on MSNBC).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

You must live in Connecticut.  My sister lives near Hartford & has told me some "Gayle Tales".  I guess when your best friend gives you a Nanny to help raise your kids while you work, you might feel "above it all" ... LOL.

Yes, I loved Lester on the Today show ... just the right mix.  His news show is appointment TV for me since he replaced Brian Williams (who I still love & never miss on MSNBC).

WFSB Hartford yes. I did years ago.

• Love 2