Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I like Craig, but lately I feel like he’s been overcompensating for something with his not so subtle shout-outs to what a perfect homeschooling mom his wife is. There are plenty of moms out there who are awesome at both raising and teaching their kids (without the financial resources of the Melvins), so I don’t know why they talk about Lindsey like she’s supposed to be some kind of inspiration. 

• Useful 1

I don't know if I have seen far too much of the Today show folks, but it seems like the longer Savannah is at home, the more childlike she seems to me.  Something about the way she talks, or what she talks about etc feels like she has been out of the professional world for too long, etc.  I feel like when they switch over to Hoda, it seems like she has it more together?  And I am not a big Hoda fan--it just comes off that way to me.

• Useful 1
On 5/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, alexa said:

I don't know if I have seen far too much of the Today show folks, but it seems like the longer Savannah is at home, the more childlike she seems to me.  Something about the way she talks, or what she talks about etc feels like she has been out of the professional world for too long, etc.  I feel like when they switch over to Hoda, it seems like she has it more together?  And I am not a big Hoda fan--it just comes off that way to me.

Yeah, she's not the only one.  I think it comes from being around the kids more than before, and of course, broadcasting from home.  Jenna has gotten pretty bad, and of course letting your kids crash your interviews isn't very professional.  

I think it will be interesting though, how the kids will handle their moms going back to the studio.  Before, they were gone for how many hours and they left the house.  Now, they are only gone for two hours, and the kids are acting like they are gone all day long and not at home.  Vale sent her mom a text telling her to tell her co workers that she missed her - Savannah was just in the basement.  Dylan is freaking out about Calvin and the lack of undivided attention he gets cause she has to work - from home.

You know what is really sad though - I know all this and I stopped following them on Instagram weeks ago😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

The best thing about this show now is Carson Daly's son Jack holding up signs for his dad.  All you see are his arms and I think that's cute.

Yes I was thinking that today. His son seems to be the least intrusive and in need of attention. All these tv hosts need to realized Many many are all stuck home with their own kids. We don’t need to see your kids hamming it up. We’ve got our own. As always, it’s not as cute at they all seem to think it is (looking at you Fallon) 

• Love 6

This morning during the 10:00 hour Hoda did make me laugh because they had on some chef from his home and when they cut to him he was like oh sorry I was changing a lightbulb. Hoda was like oh yeah I know you’re so busy and important. Ha!!  I mean come on guy you know you’re about to go live on national television maybe be prepared. 

• LOL 2

I get that during lockdown celebrities are broadcasting from their homes but I don't need to hear about their changed hygiene habits like Dylan was talking about today.  I don't need to hear that you haven't brushed your teeth or showered.  I don't care.  TMI.

Also, I don't need to see Craig's hideous wallpaper. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I get that during lockdown celebrities are broadcasting from their homes but I don't need to hear about their changed hygiene habits like Dylan was talking about today.  I don't need to hear that you haven't brushed your teeth or showered.  I don't care.  TMI.

Also, I don't need to see Craig's hideous wallpaper. 

So, you're working at home with no commute.  You have another adult living with you.  Calvin can entertain himself with the ipad (although he seems to have gotten quite clingy).  Why can't she take a shower?  Or brush her teeth?  She is going to have serious issues when she has to go back to the studio.  I used to like Dylan but she has become slightly high maintenance.

I don't mind Craig's wallpaper.  I like his kids.  His wife, on the other hand - let's talk high maintenance.

And just throwing this out there - it's nice to see Al's son come out of his shell:)

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't mind Craig's wallpaper.  I like his kids.  His wife, on the other hand - let's talk high maintenance.

His wife, Lindsay Czarniak (sp?), used to be a sportscaster on the local NBC station in DC, which is where they met when he was a reporter there.  Then she went to ESPN.  I could never understand how she got sportscasting jobs with that whiny voice of hers.

I like the kids but we'll have to agree to disagree about that wallpaper though, LOL.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/17/today-shows-jill-martin-splits-from-fiance-erik-brooks/

Aw Jill Martin and her fiance broke up. This makes me sad. She seemed so happy when she talked about how she met him online dating and then when they got engaged.  It's so hard to meet someone after age 40 and hard if they already have kids. I know she did a segment at one point on how she had frozen her eggs and maybe wanted kids some day. Break ups are always hard, but I feel like it's even harder when you are older and think you finally met the one. I would think that work environment is tough in that the Today Show is soooo over the top relationship/baby/family centric.

Although, I like the Today Show's April 6 segment: "Jill Martin shares how she and fiancé Erik are maintaining a healthy relationship while under self-quarantine." The Today Show has gotten beyond annoying - it's like every segment is all about their personal lives. Back in the day, it was actually some semblance of "news."

Edited by divsc
  • Love 2

On no! I am sorry to hear about this. I like Jill - she seems nice and is a hard working lady. She is great on QVC too. She had seemed so thrilled to be engaged. What a shame. Broken dreams are so sad. I hope she is ok. 💔

• Love 3
2 hours ago, divsc said:

The Today Show has gotten beyond annoying - it's like every segment is all about their personal lives. Back in the day, it was actually some semblance of "news."

The Today show app is one of the first ones I look at in the morning.  Used to be a lot of news headlines and now it's what Hoda and Jenna are up to, Dylan's issue of the week, etc.

• Love 2

As per People Magazine:  In July, Martin opened up during the 3rd Hour of Today about the struggle in becoming a stepmom to Brooks' three children from a previous marriage — citing a moment when Brooks' daughter Bella, who was 11 at the time, was not thrilled that Martin was accompanying them on a family vacation.

“I get there and I unpack my things in the closet,” Martin explained during the segment. “I went for lunch; I get back (and) by the door is my suitcase with everything beautifully packed — and she packed my stuff and was like, ‘See ya!' ”

“I was so upset, I was hysterical crying," Martin recalled. "And Erik said to her, ‘How could you do this?’ He said, ‘Don’t you want me to be happy?’ And she said, ‘Don’t you want me to be happy?'”

However, Martin said that her relationship with Bella has since improved. “We’re the best of friends now. We really talk through it now…she’s awesome. She’s so cool.”

Call me intolerant, but when an 11-yr.-old was allowed to pull a stunt like that, I'd be history.  Just sayin'!!!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Call me intolerant, but when an 11-yr.-old was allowed to pull a stunt like that, I'd be history.  Just sayin'!!!

The amount of stuff kids get away with these days just amazes me.  And of course, it can be captured on video and it's just precious!!!  No, it's not.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

As per People Magazine:  In July, Martin opened up during the 3rd Hour of Today about the struggle in becoming a stepmom to Brooks' three children from a previous marriage — citing a moment when Brooks' daughter Bella, who was 11 at the time, was not thrilled that Martin was accompanying them on a family vacation.

“I get there and I unpack my things in the closet,” Martin explained during the segment. “I went for lunch; I get back (and) by the door is my suitcase with everything beautifully packed — and she packed my stuff and was like, ‘See ya!' ”

“I was so upset, I was hysterical crying," Martin recalled. "And Erik said to her, ‘How could you do this?’ He said, ‘Don’t you want me to be happy?’ And she said, ‘Don’t you want me to be happy?'”

However, Martin said that her relationship with Bella has since improved. “We’re the best of friends now. We really talk through it now…she’s awesome. She’s so cool.”

Well, isn't anything private these days? I like jill, but why share that with People magazine or any media? No wonder they broke up. Shut it, jill. 😶

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The Today show app is one of the first ones I look at in the morning.  Used to be a lot of news headlines and now it's what Hoda and Jenna are up to, Dylan's issue of the week, etc.

No news they can report anymore.  At least not all of it.  Kristen Welker reporting that Obama came out against the handling of the pandemic under the context that he just came out for Biden.  No Kristen,  the context is that he's looking at deep shit trouble.  Why can't you tell us about THAT context  and let us make up our own minds?  Scared much?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Well, isn't anything private these days? I like jill, but why share that with People magazine or any media? No wonder they broke up. Shut it, jill. 😶

Agreed. I like her too, but thought that was odd she shared that. (It was on a Today Show segment about vacations with family.) Especially because it was so new in the relationship and she was a fiance, not the stepmom. Those family dynamics should be private or the kind of thing she shared fifteen years later once everyone is all grown up. I also thought it was a flag her fiance said to his daughter, "Don’t you want me to be happy?" - that's a huge demand/ask of an 11 year old. (Instead of something like, "this isn't how we treat someone important to me" or whatever.)

Sigh - new relationships with blended families can be tough. It doesn't make it any less hard when they end. But I probably would have kept that stuff off tv. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

OMG the third hour is ridiculous. It’s just watching 4 people FaceTiming each other desperately trying to find something of substance to discuss. C’mon this isn’t a local cable access show, they can do better than this!

I don’t understand why they just don’t the whole show as they open it. It’s Hoda in the same dress from the 7am hour and Jenna from home. Unfortunately, it’s all switched to all these different Skype call sessions with different guest and different dresses and hair. I’m assuming TPTB are doing this to accommodate Hoda to get out as early as possible due to Covid 19. She’s been holding down the fort but If it this wasn’t going on she be there for the whole anyway except for Friday when they pretape. That said, I do enjoy their unScripted portion when Hoda is in her dressing room. She seems happier and more relaxed there and Jenna has viewer questions for Hoda to answer. I’m thinking that will be apart of the real show when and if they ever return to 30 Rock. Most likely in September.

7 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I don’t know about you but I am so excited to hear about thrice divorced JLO tell us all about her upcoming wedding.  This one is for realsies! True love this time! 🙄

Oh yeah, first three didn’t count.  If she had to pay alimony, they counted 😂

• LOL 3

They did ask JLo the hard jotting question how they make work with the kids. I said from my Barca lounger....Um, because they’re fricking rich. Hoda seems really fascinated by her as with other celebrities. Her mouth is always agape. That said, I do like UnScripted at the end. I just wish that part was longer. I’m curious when they all get back to the studio. I doubt they’ll be doing a live audience and the outdoor concerts anytime soon though. Baby steps.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They did ask JLo the hard jotting question how they make work with the kids. I said from my Barca lounger....Um, because they’re fricking rich. Hoda seems really fascinated by her as with other celebrities. Her mouth is always agape. That said, I do like UnScripted at the end. I just wish that part was longer. I’m curious when they all get back to the studio. I doubt they’ll be doing a live audience and the outdoor concerts anytime soon though. Baby steps.

What is Unscripted?

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

What is Unscripted?

Unscripted is the part of the show(usually toward the end), where Hoda sits in her 'closet" at the studio(all her clothes are hanging around) and Jenna is at Home, and they just chat about "stuff" & answer questions from viewers.  Its fun & casual...

• Love 1

So Savannah has been in NY covering the riots, and I can see a big difference in her returning to her more professional sounding self-- at home she sounds pathetic, imo.  I was getting to the point I couldn't really listen to her report anything from there, lol.  

As for Hoda in her dressing room on the 3rd hour, does she have the camera angled to try to make her look super skinny?  She looks very distorted in those views.  

• Useful 1

I’m too distracted by all the clutter to notice her.

I heard some of the conversation about race yesterday during the third hour. Dylan spoke awkwardly but from the heart and Shenielle had me in tears. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Hoda and Jenna’s third hour with touching, heartstring-pulling, mushy-gushy, tear-jerking “news” is kinda nauseating. Today, Jenna quoted a 100-year-old man saying the best advice he can give is to “be kind to as many people as you can” and Hoda acted like it was so deep and profound. I just rolled my eyes. Maybe I’m too cynical for this show. 

Edited by Frisky Wig
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Frisky Wig said:

Maybe I’m too cynical for this show. 

No, you're not.  It's just too much, and I think that when they treat everything as so deep and so profound and so this and so that, it seems fake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

so deep and so profound and so this and so that, it seems fake.

It's such a  contrast with the third hour, where I've appreciated the hosts talking like adults to other adults rather than kindergarten teachers to impatient toddlers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jenna gets this wistful expression on her face and a tremor to her voice like she’s witnessing the most wonderful thing in the world. Meanwhile we have thousands of dead and rioting in the streets. I personally will have no fondness for recalling these days. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Jenna gets this wistful expression on her face and a tremor to her voice like she’s witnessing the most wonderful thing in the world. Meanwhile we have thousands of dead and rioting in the streets. I personally will have no fondness for recalling these days. 

Jenna is getting more annoying as the show goes on. Everything is a major moment and people just need to be kind. If she says that one more time I think I will hurl. It’s easy to tell people to be kind while you grew up rich and lives in wealth and privilege now.  If she references one more poem as an example of things people can do better themselves and others I will scream. She does not live in the real world. Also, her face hurts me and her crying all the time doesn’t help. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I smell a new book coming out🙄

No, no, no! These people already have WAY too many damn books! I saw Hoda’s stupid quote book at B&N a while back, picked it up and opened it to a random page. It was some allegedly deep quote and underneath was (I kid you not!) “Joel just texted me! SQUEEEEEEE!” I got so disgusted, slammed it shut and put it down ASAP. I understand butterflies, being in love, the honeymoon period. I DON’T understand acting like a adolescent when you’re middle aged. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frisky Wig said:

No, no, no! These people already have WAY too many damn books! I saw Hoda’s stupid quote book at B&N a while back, picked it up and opened it to a random page. It was some allegedly deep quote and underneath was (I kid you not!) “Joel just texted me! SQUEEEEEEE!” I got so disgusted, slammed it shut and put it down ASAP. I understand butterflies, being in love, the honeymoon period. I DON’T understand acting like a adolescent when you’re middle aged. 

Hoda has stunted maturity. I think she grew up in a strict household and is now trying to relive her lost youth. She is just unaware of how foolish it looks to those who know she’s not 25. 

• Love 1

Hoda has a book coming out in October 🙄

I’m assuming it won’t be called, “Adopting a Dog Like Blake is a Lifelong Commitment.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Axie said:

I’m assuming it won’t be called, “Adopting a Dog Like Blake is a Lifelong Commitment.”

"Ten Easy Ways to Pick Food out of Your Teeth While on Camera" is also a no go:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hoda has a book coming out in October 🙄

It’s a sequel to her last book - more inspirational quotes!  When I heard her say this I knew PTV people would groan. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Christian Slater was on with Hoda & Jenna and he lifted his shirt to show his abs. So there’s that. Apparently, he wears a fat suit in the Betty Broaderick story and they were teasing him and he decided to flash them via Zoom. He looked really good for 50. I know he ain’t that old but he did look good. He has a great sense of humor. He has hosted several times and can really keep the conversation moving. 

• Love 2

I have a hard time trying to decide if Christian Slater is really that bubbly and fun loving or if he is acting.  I'd like to think he'd be fun to hang out with.

• Love 2

Well, I think its time for them to get back to the studio 🙂 Jenna's daughter(Poppy?) was having a melt-down this morning & insisted on sitting on her Mother's lap & pouting while Jenna was trying to conduct an interview. I could see Jenna frantically signaling her husband to come get the child.   

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Well, I think its time for them to get back to the studio 🙂 Jenna's daughter(Poppy?) was having a melt-down this morning & insisted on sitting on her Mother's lap & pouting while Jenna was trying to conduct an interview. I could see Jenna frantically signaling her husband to come get the child.   

Cause she gets away with it.  How many times has Poppy interrupted?  Very disrespectful to who Jenna is interviewing.

• Love 5