Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I think it’s a shame what Marlo has done to her face, especially her nose. She doesn’t look like herself anymore. Goldie Hawn on the other hand looks almost exactly the same as she did 50 yrs ago. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

I laughed the other day when Jenna mentioned Dolly ParTon and really enunciated the T this time.  I guess someone told her to quit calling her Pardon.

I cried when they did the story about Bobbie Thomas's husband passing away.  So sad.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, Haleth said:

I laughed the other day when Jenna mentioned Dolly ParTon and really enunciated the T this time.  I guess someone told her to quit calling her Pardon.

I cried when they did the story about Bobbie Thomas's husband passing away.  So sad.

Ugh. Really sorry to hear about Bobbie Thomas' husband. She seems so nice and down to Earth and they seemed to have a beautiful marriage and family. He seemed like such a good guy. Tragic.

Changing gears 1000%' Savannah's hair is awful today. Looks so messy, like she was just doing some heavy-duty housecleaning or exercise or something. Hoda has her beat in the hair department lately. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Really sorry to hear about Bobbie Thomas' husband. She seems so nice and down to Earth and they seemed to have a beautiful marriage and family. He seemed like such a good guy. Tragic.

Changing gears 1000%' Savannah's hair is awful today. Looks so messy, like she was just doing some heavy-duty housecleaning or exercise or something. Hoda has her beat in the hair department lately. 

Have to laugh about the hair comment.    As soon as I saw Savannah I started talking to myself..."what in the hell is wrong with her hair? and immediately felt bad about it because I remember back in the Spring/Summer, so many viewers were complaining about her messy hair.  I agree Hoda's hair looked nice, but it's probably because someone is doing it for her.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, sas616 said:

Have to laugh about the hair comment.    As soon as I saw Savannah I started talking to myself..."what in the hell is wrong with her hair? and immediately felt bad about it because I remember back in the Spring/Summer, so many viewers were complaining about her messy hair.  I agree Hoda's hair looked nice, but it's probably because someone is doing it for her.

I think Savannah just has non thick hair and it doesn’t keep a curl long let alone for 2 hours. I think she tries everything (up, down, curled, straight) but it just looks messy. Hoda has thicker hair and pretty much parts it on the side and she calls it a day. On the later shows she is constantly running her hand through her hair (which drives some people crazy) but Savanah couldn’t even attempt to do that. He hair just isn’t made that way. The problem I have with her is her puffy at the shoulders sleeves dresses and tops she wears. 

• Love 3

So, Hoda and Haley made Al a birthday cake when it wasn't really his birthday, cause Hoda got her information from a Today show newsletter???  We can add co-workers birthdays to the list of things Hoda doesn't remember, right under co-worker's kid's names.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, Hoda and Haley made Al a birthday cake when it wasn't really his birthday, cause Hoda got her information from a Today show newsletter???  We can add co-workers birthdays to the list of things Hoda doesn't remember, right under co-worker's kid's names.

I thought that was weird too. How could she not know his birthday?  Don't they usually make kind of a big deal about birthdays?

She was making a boxed cake, which is fine, but she was letting Hayley "lick the bowl!"  Does she not know you are not supposed to eat raw cake batter?  It says so right on the box.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

She was making a boxed cake, which is fine, but she was letting Hayley "lick the bowl!"  Does she not know you are not supposed to eat raw cake batter?  It says so right on the box.

I know!  I was yelling at the tv too!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Hoda doesn’t really seem to care about anyone but is always talking about it. Joel seems like a great guy & really good looking. I think Hoda is more into her kids then him. She never wants to go the extra mile & does the very minimum. She freely admits it by laughing it off. 

• Love 3

What is the point of “cooking with cal”? They can barely handle having a real chef on the show without rushing it along and cutting them off prematurely. But for some reason they have a regular feature where we watch a toddler have a conversation with his mom as they chop vegetables?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

What is the point of “cooking with cal”? They can barely handle having a real chef on the show without rushing it along and cutting them off prematurely. But for some reason they have a regular feature where we watch a toddler have a conversation with his mom as they chop vegetables?

Because they think ALL of their kids are so darn cute!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, Bugaboo said:

Because they think ALL of their kids are so darn cute!!

Wait till Hoda adopts her third child. We’ll never hear the end of it because you know real people like us don’t have or adopt kids like the Today show people. They are always so amazed when they mention they are engaged or pregnant or adopting. It’s like they’ve invented it or something. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Wait till Hoda adopts her third child. We’ll never hear the end of it because you know real people like us don’t have or adopt kids like the Today show people. They are always so amazed when they mention they are engaged or pregnant or adopting. It’s like they’ve invented it or something. 

They also invented celebrating Christmas.  People’s website has a story about it cause it’s so rare🙄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don’t know why they think we are so interested in their personal lives. I’ve watched the show while getting ready for work every day since 1985. But the “me me me” has pushed me over the edge. And the two weeks without it due to the dispute with my cable provider (we didn’t have NBC for about two weeks), has opened me up to alternatives. I may go with GMA. I’ve always loved Dylan, but a little of cooking with Calvin is plenty. Way too much focus on Hoda and Jenna - ALL their personal lives really. It’s a bit like listening to people drone on and and on bragging about a party you’ll never be invited to. I think that’s the thing maybe; it’s very tone deaf particularly at this time. I don’t know why they think we are interested! Maybe I’m just a curmudgeon, but I’m really about to give up my 35 year Today show habit. 

• Love 11

Good grief. They must have pulled Savannah away from scrubbing the toilets or something with her messy, unprofessional hair updo to cover the crisis situation in Washington. Come on girl, get a clue. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, seasons said:

Good grief. They must have pulled Savannah away from scrubbing the toilets or something with her messy, unprofessional hair updo to cover the crisis situation in Washington. Come on girl, get a clue. 

I thought the same thing, her messy looking ponytail distracted me, maybe she had been in the middle of exercising?

• Love 2
On 1/7/2021 at 12:18 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought the same thing, her messy looking ponytail distracted me, maybe she had been in the middle of exercising?

She has he worst hair. Neither their stylist or Savanah herself have a clue what to do with it. It’s thin and long whereas Honda’s is thick & she just parts it on the side. She’s kind of lucky that way. That said, it must suck to be a woman on the news because they get judged on their and clothes. The men have it easier. Of course, there are Al’s stupid glasses. Those I want to stomp on. 

• Love 5

Savannah got in a surprisingly funny comment today. They were showing justin timberlake on zoom waiting to be interviewed for some movie. He looked so bored and disinterested. Savannah made a comment something like him looking like he was " in a hostage video or something ". It was so funny and so true! God forbid one of them said something like that to JLo or one of the other major stars the suck up to.

Maybe he was ticked off he had to share the interview with his 8 year old costar. 😮

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, seasons said:

Savannah got in a surprisingly funny comment today. They were showing justin timberlake on zoom waiting to be interviewed for some movie. He looked so bored and disinterested. Savannah made a comment something like him looking like he was " in a hostage video or something ". It was so funny and so true! God forbid one of them said something like that to JLo or one of the other major stars the suck up to.

Maybe he was ticked off he had to share the interview with his 8 year old costar. 😮

Zoom is terrible.  If you aren’t moving, your screen freezes and everyone thinks you aren’t listening.  And sometimes I’m not 😂

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Zoom is terrible.  If you aren’t moving, your screen freezes and everyone thinks you aren’t listening.  And sometimes I’m not 😂

And depending on the angle, you might not look too good either.  I read that plastic surgeries are on the rise because people don't like the way they look on Zoom.  I think that's sad to go to such lengths but, hey, it's their faces.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Today 3rd hour did a story on people getting facelifts and/or plastic surgery because they are depressed how they look on Zoom. That in itself is sad. Aren’t there apps for that kind of stuff. I don’t even think pretty people look good in Zoom. It’s just a camera and  unless you have super great lighting you’ll look awful. This shall soon pass and we’ll all be together again with our normal looking faces without a camera. Hopefully. 

• Love 4
On 1/21/2021 at 7:04 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Let’s hope they don’t make today’s show all about JLO (cmon, you know it’s possible once Hoda starts on a tangent)

Personally, I want to know what’s with their obsession with Simone Biles?!?! Jeez Louise! She’s a gymnast that’s been to the Olympic and possibly again. 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 7:15 AM, seasons said:

Geez, Savannah, what is up with that strange, summery polka dot dress today? Too low cut, too many gold chains, just an odd choice.

Quoting myself lol - 

I am tough on these folks but I have to give credit to Savannah, Hoda, Dyan, Shanice (sp?) - they haven't jumped on board the fake eyelash extension trend. Some women I see on tv lately look downright scary with these spider lashes! 

Also, I don't notice any giant fake teeth with the gang. So there's that. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Quoting myself lol - 

I am tough on these folks but I have to give credit to Savannah, Hoda, Dyan, Shanice (sp?) - they haven't jumped on board the fake eyelash extension trend. Some women I see on tv lately look downright scary with these spider lashes! 

Also, I don't notice any giant fake teeth with the gang. So there's that. 

Sunny hostin on the view is the worst with the over the top lashes, hair and makeup.I agree that the today show folks seem more natural, or at least, less vain. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Some women I see on tv lately look downright scary with these spider lashes! 

There's a local female newscaster that I really like, but I wish she'd get rid of those damn spidery lashes!  She's a mature, attractive woman and those fake lashes are so distracting and unnecessary.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda looked beautiful in her sleeveless black turtleneck & tan skirt but I’m getting colder just watching her. C’mon, it’s February 1st Hoda put some sleeves on that sweater. LOL!!!

Hoda is famous for going sleeveless in the dead of winter.  She just looks stupid.  Contrast that with Jenna who was covered from the neck on down with long sleeves and long dress.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Hoda is famous for going sleeveless in the dead of winter.  She just looks stupid.  Contrast that with Jenna who was covered from the neck on down with long sleeves and long dress.  

Yeah, Jenna was a too Little House on the Prairie for me. There’s covered up & then there was Jenna.

• LOL 3

Every time I see Hoda, who once again, was laughing about how she just leaves people at events leaving them to figure out how to get home, I wonder how she got so successful.  She doesn't seem that smart, she doesn't seem that reliable, she isn't even that likable, so how?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

Every time I see Hoda, who once again, was laughing about how she just leaves people at events leaving them to figure out how to get home, I wonder how she got so successful.  She doesn't seem that smart, she doesn't seem that reliable, she isn't even that likable, so how?

If her friends are still catching a ride with her, then they aren't very smart either.

• Love 3

This is random but can someone get these people new chairs to sit in?? They always look so uncomfortable in those bar stool height chairs they put them on and seeing them awkwardly shift around all the time like I don't know why they can't have normal chairs so half of them aren't hanging off the side all the time. 

• Love 6
On December 23, 2020 at 9:45 AM, OpalNightstream said:

I think he's a doll!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, captain1 said:

Hopping in here to say Willie was looking a trumpian shade of orange this morning - maybe he did his own makeup?  I kept expecting him to come back from commercial with some of it wiped off!

I never watch Sunday morning but happened to see him this morning and thought the same thing!

• Love 2

I see that today is some made up women's day that the Today show is buying into big time.

And Savannah is wearing some message t shirt under her jacket that you can't read.

WTH is wrong with Hoda?  Jenna was telling a sweet story about going to the White House to meet the Obama daughters with her sister and Hoda starts laughing uncontrollably and ruins the story.  Why?  So she can tell Jenna to blow her nose.  Hoda is a professional?  What an ass.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Axie said:

WTH is wrong with Hoda?  Jenna was telling a sweet story about going to the White House to meet the Obama daughters with her sister and Hoda starts laughing uncontrollably and ruins the story.  Why?  So she can tell Jenna to blow her nose.  Hoda is a professional?  What an ass.

I agree....Hoda had an embarrasing laughing fit while Jenna was telling a nice story about showing the Obama girls around the White House, why couldnt Hoda wait until an ad break to tell Jenna about something in her nose, if I had been Jenna I would have been mad, she tried to politely brush it off. By the 4th Hour, I wonder if Hoda is 'slap happy, giggly" from lack of sleep?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Hoda laughs at everything. I think it’s like a nervous twitch with her at this point. 

• Love 2