Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Jenna, the expression is “take something for granted” not “granite.”

Al had an IG post about being in Austin, and Jenna comments "my hometown!!"  Another person commented, "yeah, we know"

😂

• LOL 3

I could barely believe the diet segment yesterday by Giada.  She said her poor diet caused her to be sick for two years. I wonder if it was due to being malnourished.  I didn’t find her convincing at all.  Her head so large in comparison to her tiny body. It was shocking and rather sad.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

Savannah’s dress today—disjointed patchwork

Her taste in clothing is often very odd! 

Chip Gaines on today. Ugh. Why does he choose to look so sloppy and messy? And dirty. Not really a fan of him and Joanna, but she is a pretty lady and he appears like a slob, a caveman. I do like that he is funny though. But the backwards baseball cap look when you're pushing 50 isn't cool or cute anymore.

Too old to be a bro, dude.

But a good looking man under that mess.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

I would like to see Hoda & Joel married. People their age shouldn’t be living in sin. Jokes people, jokes! I think they had a destination wedding planned originally and were going to invite all their friends and (Today) family. First off, can you imagine not making the cut from the Today set? This where you find out if you’re friends-friends or work friends. LOL!!! I’m not mad at them for wanting what they want which seems a lot to do with doing it for the kids. I am curious if they are able to pull it off this summer. Either in the US or abroad. I wish them good luck. See! I have a heart. Not all the time but on this particular day. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Dylan's turn for writing a book. A children's book about a cloud named Misty. 

Cute enough I guess but sheesh ~ these people and their books. 😒

I’m just surprised it wasn’t named “cal and the clouds” or something incorporating her kids names. Let’s hope the wasted 5 min of cooking with cal is enough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is Al down to four days a week now? A few weeks ago he mentioned something about Dylan waiting for him to retire.

I thought he was kind of a workaholic. Maybe these health issues over the last few years have changed his mind.

Edited by seasons
44 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

I’m just surprised it wasn’t named “cal and the clouds” or something incorporating her kids names. Let’s hope the wasted 5 min of cooking with cal is enough. 

I like the cooking with Cal segments, think he’s adorable. However it kills me that all these celebs think they can write a children’s book and it ends up a best seller just because of the author’s name.

Oh goodie. It’s the first in a series. 🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I missed the Dylan book news. Surely, Savannah & Hoda have already written stupid books on this topic. Do publishers seek them out or do the Today people sick their mangers on the publishing houses? Either way I wish they knock it off. They are already rich as it is & don’t need more money.

• Love 4

Now that things are opening up again, I'm wondering if NBC is going to want to get maximum use out of that big studio they built for Megan Kelly but then shifted to Hoda and Jenna. Maybe they will wanted the ladies to do 5 shows a week without Fridays off moving forward?

Minnie Driver was a guest today talking about her podcast.....so, how is asking guests what would they choose as their last meal before they die amusing?  To me that’s morbid and I’d rather not dwell on death right now.  I’m sorry that Minnie recently lost her mother, but asking guests to consider questions of their death seems inappropriate.  I’m glad they warned me as I don’t consider that kind of podcast entertaining.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Axie said:

Makes no sense that President Bush walked in, kissed Jenna and Hoda, and then they all sit 6 feet apart.

Well, maybe kissing Jenna but not Hoda. Maybe, it was agreed beforehand. Anyway, I thought recoiled myself. Heck! I haven’t kissed my mother in a year and she’s 86. It’s a touchy subject all around. I don’t have the answers.

26 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Get in line!! They've driven me nuts for years. 😡

First off, how TPTB allow that is ridiculous. You can’t even see his eyes and all you see are the stupid rims. I don’t care if he wants to wear them off air but on the air he should wear normal or frameless glasses. Secondly, I don’t even know he has a job and gets paid for his two minute weather updates. He looks like he can barely move and he talks so fast. I usually just wait for our local guy NBC10 in Philadelphia to give me the weather forecast. He is beyond awful. 

• Love 1

Today was pick Hoda & Jenna’s wardrobe day and I think the viewers were intentionally torturing Hoda. They picked a flowery printed dress (one of the choices) for Hoda. It didn’t look good on her and you could tell she was really uncomfortable in it. It was funny because she said she usually wears solids and would never wear the dress. She said it was more for Jenna. Jenna was wearing a black sleeveless dress (more a Hoda dress) which has worn sometimes for herself.  I think the flower dress was more a Savannah dress with the puffy sleeves and all. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

Talking about a lack of professionalism, the amount of loud crosstalk is ridiculous, especially when some poor soul is trying to demonstrate a recipe within a very strict time limit. \

I really enjoyed this past year how they pre-recorded cooking segments, demos, new products, etc.  There was no cross talking and you could hear everything perfectly.  The guests were allowed to present everything they needed to.  

And now, you just want to tell the hosts to shut up...lol

• Love 2
15 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Hoda looked very sharp and professional today.

Savannah looked like she combed her hair with an electric mixer.

Down is up. Up is down.

I was surprised at how professional Hoda looked.

What's up with Savannah's hair?  Does she ever look in a mirror?  

• Love 1

Savannah definitely doesn't have great hair like Hoda does, and she also seems to struggle with fashion choices, unlike Hoda who really seems to wear very flattering clothing styles. Both of them really are very pretty for sure. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, seasons said:

Savannah definitely doesn't have great hair like Hoda does, and she also seems to struggle with fashion choices, unlike Hoda who really seems to wear very flattering clothing styles. Both of them really are very pretty for sure. 

Savannah wear lots of patterns and florals with puffy sleeves and has very thin hair. Hoda wears mostly solids or block patterns and has thicker hair. In general. Hoda seems to look better with little fuss. Savannah looks like she tries too hard and the results aren’t always good. I know woman have harder in tv whereas the men can wear the same suit but if you compare the two it’s a win for Hoda. I think Robin Roberts is like Hoda in the solid camp. I don’t see Gail King so I don’t know what her “uniform” style is. LOL!!!

• Love 4
On 4/20/2021 at 5:39 PM, Haleth said:

I think he went rogue. 

Lol, but really.  CDC says fully vaxed can mingle without mask or distancing.  I suppose they are. Guess they sit apart for appearance sake.  

• Love 3

I think Savannah needs a new stylist. She doesn’t dress professionally at all. Today she’s wearing a denim dress. It’s cute, but not really appropriate for the venue. Her hair is a tragedy and I sympathize because I also have thin, unfortunate hair. Less is more. She should really just straighten it or pull it back. 

Hoda may be a mess in her personal life, but she looks more put together. She doesn’t wear a lot of “fussy” clothes and sticks to one hairstyle that works. She also wears simple pumps that go with her outfits, while Savannah always wears those clunky 90’s style shoes.

In other news, I’m really happy for Kristen Welker and her husband, expecting a child via surrogate. This show is usually over the top with their baby announcements but I think in this case it was warranted. I like Kristen and I’m so happy she’s getting her miracle. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I think Savannah needs a new stylist. She doesn’t dress professionally at all. Today she’s wearing a denim dress. It’s cute, but not really appropriate for the venue. Her hair is a tragedy and I sympathize because I also have thin, unfortunate hair. Less is more. She should really just straighten it or pull it back. 

Hoda may be a mess in her personal life, but she looks more put together. She doesn’t wear a lot of “fussy” clothes and sticks to one hairstyle that works. She also wears simple pumps that go with her outfits, while Savannah always wears those clunky 90’s style shoes.

In other news, I’m really happy for Kristen Welker and her husband, expecting a child via surrogate. This show is usually over the top with their baby announcements but I think in this case it was warranted. I like Kristen and I’m so happy she’s getting her miracle. 

I still think they are OTT when it comes to baby news. Granted, this was a special case and Kristin and her husband looked happy but it still bugs me. I mean it’s not news. It’s personal news. Why do we need to know?! Especially, when there’s a huge spread in People. I’m sure it will huge when Hoda adopts baby number three. Of course, this may be delayed if Hoda & Joel get married r the Olympics. LOL!!!! Last year, was a bummer for lots of people who were planning weddings. I just feel bad for the anchor who doesn’t get get invited and has to talk about on the air for a news story or that Pop Start that either Carson Daly has to do. Does he really get paid for that? Just sayin.......

• Love 2
On 5/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Hoda got her Star Wars and Star Trek mixed up, and the articles talking about it describe how she just sat there giggling to herself.  Giggling?  Hoda?  Never🙄

😉😝😂

artworks-000296509803-pmytqn-t500x500.jpg

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

She has resting cry face. I do like her hair and her style. 

Yeah, that’s pretty close to it. Her face and smile always look demented to me. Then you add in the crying and you got resting crying face. Her hair looks nice and she dresses pretty well but still hasn’t lost her baby weight. She’s just built differently then her sister Barbara. It’s like Princess Kate. She’s had 3 kids and looks amazing. I don’t know how she does it. I think she’s so pretty. I digress but I think Dylan Dreyer is the prettiest. Her hair, smile & dresses are always on point. 

• Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, ByaNose said:

I think Dylan Dreyer is the prettiest. Her hair, smile & dresses are always on point. 

I actually semi know Dylan. We have friends in common. She is very good friends with one of my friends and we have been to functions together. She’s an absolute doll. Unfortunately, a lot of her so called friends are very envious of her (they’ve told me when she’s not around). My experience had been that she is just as friendly and personable in “real” life as she is on the show. Women can be awful to one another. 

• Love 7

So, Dylan is pregnant again, bakes cinnamon buns, gives Hoda and Jenna one, and, they announce on tv that they both threw them out and they're in the trash if anyone wants them.  Nothing insensitive or disrespectful about that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Axie said:

So, Dylan is pregnant again, bakes cinnamon buns, gives Hoda and Jenna one, and, they announce on tv that they both threw them out and they're in the trash if anyone wants them.  Nothing insensitive or disrespectful about that.

I think they were trying to cut out sugar in the mornings or something. Jenna gave hers away and Hoda left hers in the dressing room and told one of the guys if they wanted it to grab it. Another Today baby. I don’t think I can handle it because only the Today show can make you feel they are the only ones in the world who have babies. By now I think they can all calm down. Jeez!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Axie said:

I can see them not wanting it if they’re trying to be healthier or what not but definitely don't throw them in the trash!  I watched the cooking with cal segment today by chance, I don’t usually see it but those cinnamon buns looked really good. I’m going to try and find the recipe and make them with my little. 

(edited)
12 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I can see them not wanting it if they’re trying to be healthier or what not but definitely don't throw them in the trash!  I watched the cooking with cal segment today by chance, I don’t usually see it but those cinnamon buns looked really good. I’m going to try and find the recipe and make them with my little. 

I heard Dylan mention the website on Today Sirius Radio. The website is Ambitious Kitchen, "Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever".

Going to give it a try!

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Thanks!  

You're welcome! 

Lol I do see the reason why website is called "ambitious kitchen". The recipe seems pretty involved for my 8th grade baking/cooking skills but I'm going to give it a go! 

• LOL 1
(edited)

Jenna mispronounced the word biopic again (in regards to Cher) as bi-optic. This time Hoda corrected her. Jenna can’t speak proper English let alone simple words. It is beyond me that she was ever hired to begin with. Her constant crying or on the verge of tears is so embarrassing. You know she’s probably pulling in over a million dollars for that hour of work. I know people in tv make big bucks but is one person that shouldn’t be. Rant over.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jenna mispronounced the word biopic again (in regards to Cher) as bi-optic. This time Hoda corrected her. Jenna can’t speak proper English let alone simple words. It is beyond me that she was ever hired to begin with. Her constant crying or on the verge of tears is so embarrassing. You know she’s probably pulling in over a million dollars for that hour of work. I know people in tv make big bucks but is one person that shouldn’t be. Rant over.

That particular mistake makes me crazy too but it's frequently made.  I think people see the word in print and think it rhymes with myopic.  Anyway Donna has been making me bang my head on the desk lately too; pronouncing Sonny Bono like U2 Bono and talking the other day about tulip seeds.  Oh, Donna.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, Haleth said:

That particular mistake makes me crazy too but it's frequently made.  I think people see the word in print and think it rhymes with myopic.  Anyway Donna has been making me bang my head on the desk lately too; pronouncing Sonny Bono like U2 Bono and talking the other day about tulip seeds.  Oh, Donna.

That was definitely an age thing. I’m sure she had no clue who Sonny Bono was. She only knows of the Bono of U2. It was funny because Hoda’s head was about to explode being in the middle of both of them. Of course, was botching all the songs. The show is a hot mess.

• Love 1