Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On 6/2/2021 at 4:44 PM, Crashcourse said:

In the words of Bill Engvall:  Hoda, here's your sign: 

*STUPID*

You know what? If you don’t Hoda will tell you. It’s either that or You know what’s funny? I don’t know how I get through the day without the STUPID from Hoda. Jenna is a whole other class herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Amazing how they contorted themselves putting together Savanna's last 10 years with no mention, and one very brief sighting, of Matt Lauer.  Most of the "memories" seemed to be from the last few years, with a montage of hairstyles, which took up a nice chunk of time.  That had to be a producer's nightmare.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:
7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Savannah will be working from home a bit this summer. 

Why?

They didn’t say but probably since Covid proved they could?  

4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And who is that new guy, and is he temporary or permanent?  Craig looks jealous.  

New guy supposedly worked at nbc some time ago (don’t remember him and I’ve watched nbc forever). They made a big show of him coming back to nbc so I guess he’s going to have a pretty large role on the show. 

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

New guy supposedly worked at nbc some time ago (don’t remember him and I’ve watched nbc forever). They made a big show of him coming back to nbc so I guess he’s going to have a pretty large role on the show. 

Tom Llamas?  I was reading the article and I don't remember him either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tom Llamas?  I was reading the article and I don't remember him either.

Yes, Tom Llamas seems to be showing up a lot, both in the mornings & evening news at NBC...he used to be the Weekend Anchor for ABC News.

• Useful 1

Why in the hell were Craig and Al wearing those outfits?  Craig in that blinding white suit and Al in that fugly plaid jacket?  I tuned in late but did I miss something?  Was this early Halloween?  

I know Al is probably there for as long as he wants to be, but I wouldn't mind at all if screeching Craig left and Tom Llamas took over.   

• Love 4

Luckily, Craig has his looks because the screeching voice is so annoying. How in the hell was he able to get a job in broadcasting? I remember the Tony guy from ABC News Weekend. That said, he doesn’t scream star to me and I’m kind of surprised that NBC and/or Today hired him. Al will have a job until he drops. If he was let all the old ladies would picket 30 Rock. I like Dylan. She’s pretty, not annoying & wears the nicest dresses even while pregnant. Yes, I’m that shallow. Both Savanah & Hoda dropped off early in the week. Hoda is probably interviewing Simone Biles for the umpteenth time. She (and, NBC are obsessed with her) and, Savannah went and taped her Jeopardy stint or needs the days off to promote. Today will be talking about it for the 2 weeks. I might have to skip all that fanfare. Finally, Where in the World is Matt Lauer? Asking for a friend.

• Love 6

I never watched Tony Llamas on ABC so this was my first time seeing him on Today.  He might not have "star" quality but I get a morning show, low key Matt Lauer vibe from him, so maybe that's why they hired him.  Anyway, I'd take him over screeching Craig.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, seasons said:

Jenna pronounced "milk" as "mElk". Multiple times.

Serious question- Does Jenna think this is cute? 

How can anyone take her seriously? 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Here we go...

Savannah "working from home" today. With the studio background and flags outside. Weird. Same day as the crowd is back and the concerts start.

And another bad hair day. This time it's the color. Too light, too monochromatic. Geez, she lives in NYC and is wealthy. Maybe try Hoda's hair stylist.

Looking forward to Jenna skydiving today.

But maybe let's drop the "Gampy" reference. Just say "my grandfather". Please. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

Good grief!!!!!!l!!

Just SHUT UP and let the jump happen. Five anchors asking such stupid questions like "how do you feel Jenna?" during the descent. 

They just couldn't let the moment happen. Ruined it for me. 

This is something I've always considered. 

JUST SHUT UP.

sorry for rant.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Good grief!!!!!!l!!

Just SHUT UP and let the jump happen. Five anchors asking such stupid questions like "how do you feel Jenna?" during the descent. 

They just couldn't let the moment happen. Ruined it for me. 

This is something I've always considered. 

JUST SHUT UP.

sorry for rant.

I was having heart palpitations while watching Jenna's jump...I would never do that!  But, I agree the anchors needed to stop asking dumb questions & just let viewers enjoy the experience.   I was LOL that Jenna was screaming "HODA" as she was coming down :)

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, Haleth said:

She is a great sport and did really well. It was fun to watch. From the ground. 😄

She gets on my last nerve sometimes but she is a really good sport.  I remember when she dressed up as Baby from Dirty Dancing while on maternity leave from one of her kids for Halloween.  She had guts putting on that getup on national television just a couple months after having a baby.  I thought her shouting Hoda all the way down was hysterical.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3

I will say I was amazed that camera crew captured the whole jump with any issue. I mean I know this from space but this was live. Well, that’s live too but you know what I mean, right? LOL!!! As for, the other people in the studio. STFU! 

• Love 2

This morning Hoda was shocked that if you renew your drivers license by mail the DMV uses an old picture of you.  What’d you think they did idiot?  You’re not there to take a new picture.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Good grief. Savanna's clothing choices on Jeopardy are just as misguided as they are on Today. Tonight she has on a business suit with what is supposed to be a camisole I guess but looks more like bedroom lingerie. Too loose and too low cut. Sheesh. It's a shame because she is a pretty lady and seems nice. I just wish whoever styles Hoda could help - or Hoda herself. Hoda gets it right almost every day -hair, makeup, clothing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Good grief. Savanna's clothing choices on Jeopardy are just as misguided as they are on Today. Tonight she has on a business suit with what is supposed to be a camisole I guess but looks more like bedroom lingerie. Too loose and too low cut. Sheesh. It's a shame because she is a pretty lady and seems nice. I just wish whoever styles Hoda could help - or Hoda herself. Hoda gets it right almost every day -hair, makeup, clothing.

Hoda always laughs & says her Mother buys a lot of her clothes she wears on-air.  And she has great hair(better than when she was younger!)

• Love 1
On 6/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, Haleth said:

Maybe she thought it was like a passport and you send in a pic. 🤷‍♀️

But wouldn’t she have known she didn’t send in a picture when she renewed her license?

I got a big kick out of Savannah filling in for Hoda during the 4th Hour this morning. She & Jenna are such friends, and just chatted & giggled like 2 girlfriends would do & Savannah made them bring out 2 glasses of wine because she wondered where the wine went? :)

• Love 1

Jenna & Savannah (or was is Hoda?) had an interesting conversation about how Hoda & Kathie Lee used to wear matching and/or coordinating dresses when they hosted. Now, I know why Jenna always stands out (not always in a good way) with her dresses. It’s because she and Hoda’s dresses don’t compliment each other. Jenna’s tends to wear more boho-ish flowery dresses. Hoda usually wears the Michelle Obama/news anchor sleeveless sheath dress which are usually in a solid color. I guess there is no rule of thumb but it wasn’t until they mentioned it that I realized it. I actually like when the viewers choose their wardrobe for Wednesday’s show. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Savannah tends to wear boho-ish outfits, too, and I hate her shoes which usually have block heels.

Ugh her shoes are always horrible. It’s not 1996, lose the chunky heels!  Jenna’s style works for her, but for some reason that boho look on Savannah just looks messy. Did I mention the shoes?!?!

• LOL 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jenna & Savannah (or was is Hoda?) had an interesting conversation about how Hoda & Kathie Lee used to wear matching and/or coordinating dresses when they hosted.

Today Jenna and Hoda kind of match, at least their color palettes. Hoda is wearing a solid yellow jumpsuit thing and Jenna is wearing a boho printed dress with yellow highlights. They both look good, but you’re right it’s so much more aesthetically pleasing when they coordinate, especially since they practically sit in each other’s lap.

On that note, does anyone else notice that now with vaccinations the anchors all seem to be squeezed extremely close together??  I know this is how close they used to sit pre pandemic, but now it just looks claustrophobic!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Today Jenna and Hoda kind of match, at least their color palettes. Hoda is wearing a solid yellow jumpsuit thing and Jenna is wearing a boho printed dress with yellow highlights. They both look good, but you’re right it’s so much more aesthetically pleasing when they coordinate, especially since they practically sit in each other’s lap.

On that note, does anyone else notice that now with vaccinations the anchors all seem to be squeezed extremely close together??  I know this is how close they used to sit pre pandemic, but now it just looks claustrophobic!

Saw that. It would be interesting if they switched styles for one show. Although, they both have a lane and I don’t think they would be comfortable wearing the others style. Which is okay. I did like that the color palettes were in sync. Also, it’s funny that the viewers seem to like them in their style lane. Hoda is solid and Jenna is patterns. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

I don't know when I've seen a segment as irritating as that "literally" shtick H & J extended for far too long.

The funny thing though was immediately after this during her interview with Zac Brown Hoda said something like “You literally leave your heart on the stage.”  I yelled at the tv “not literally!”

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

I don't know when I've seen a segment as irritating as that "literally" shtick H & J extended for far too long.

First it was funny and then it wasn’t. Although, it was funny that the president ignored Jenna’s call twice. Maybe, that should tell us (or her) something. LOL!!!

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First it was funny and then it wasn’t. Although, it was funny that the president ignored Jenna’s call twice. Maybe, that should tell us (or her) something. LOL!!!

Yea, I thought the funniest part of the whole segment was that G.W. actually called her back & agreed with Jenna about the use of "literally"....I guess G.W. wasnt too busy that morning & had time to chat, lol. 

Nothing really to complain about today but I did look up at the TV and give a pause when Shienelle was seriously asking if her 12 year old was old enough to see the Boss Baby sequel...like really...its *Jenna voice* liderallyyyy a kids movie!? Even the woman they were interviewing kind of looked at her weird when she said that too, and Dylan just had her blank smile on her face. 

• LOL 1

I just can’t believe she has a job in television. It’s beyond me. I think the other day she admitted to Hoda about how she mispronounces words. I’m like….ya think???? I’m also sure she said the word gasket instead of casket in discussing William & Harry walking behind their mothers casket. She can’t pronounce the letter T. Well, she’s in television and was a teacher I think she might want to learn how to. I need to leave now and bang my head against the wall. Happy 4th y’all.

• LOL 1