Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On 7/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, Indigo Luna said:

Honestly she's just as much as a nepotism baby as Meghan McCain was on the View the main difference is that Jenna isn't a hateful shrew. 

I hate everything about the show but Whoppi Goldberg and Joy Behar aren’t any better. I think they are all awful people. That said, I agree with nepotism university. It always helps to know someone but if you are in television it’s helpful if you can speak the English language. I think Jenna skipped a bunch of classes while her secret service detail wasn’t looking. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I hate everything about the show but Whoppi Goldberg and Joy Behar aren’t any better. I think they are all awful people.

Thats cool but for comparisons sake I was just focusing on Meghan given their fathers shared political history and them getting handed jobs on talk shows. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Indigo Luna said:

Thats cool but for comparisons sake I was just focusing on Meghan given their fathers shared political history and them getting handed jobs on talk shows. 

Point well taken. I doubt they were handed these jobs though. Surely, they worked in the mailroom first. <sarcasm>

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Point well taken. I doubt they were handed these jobs though. Surely, they worked in the mailroom first. <sarcasm>

Joy was a receptionist at ABC.  

But to stay on topic, I like Jenna despite her quirks and ideosyncrasies like not being able to pronounce Ts.  She's self deprecating and a little goofy, and while not the brightest crayon in the box, she seems genuinely nice to everyone, unlike the Princess of Arizona.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I am really getting tired of watching Jill Martin selling 'stuff"...her voice is not attractive & I hit the mute button...she seems to be on more & more, if I want to buy 'stuff" I can watch QVC

• Love 7

In other (non) shocking news Jenna has written another children’s book. Do all the Today host just jump in a mini van to the publishers office and sign their contracts at the same time. Craig last week and Jenna (again) this week. It amazes me. I think they have all written some stupid book and got paid a lot of money. 

• LOL 4
(edited)

Hoda and Jenna discussing that one (or possibly 2) of the ladies Olympic gymnast has COVID-19. They are both relieved that it isn’t Simone Biles and that it’s only two alternates. I’m sure the girls parents were thrilled about that. Dumb and Dumber at 10:00 am folks. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda and Jenna discussing that one (or possibly 2) of the ladies Olympic gymnast has COVID-19. They are both relieved that it isn’t Simone Biles and that it’s only two alternates. I’m sure the girls parents were thrilled about that. Dumb and Dumber at 10:00 am folks. 

Kinda sucks for the two alternates, but one of them isn't vaxxed.

I'm guessing that the today show family isn't super excited about heading over to the Olympics with so much covid mess still going on over there and around the world. Too many variables.

• Love 4
On 7/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, seasons said:

I'm guessing that the today show family isn't super excited about heading over to the Olympics with so much covid mess still going on over there and around the world. Too many variables.

On Hoda’s last day in the studio before leaving for Tokyo she sounded less than enthused.  Jenna was trying to act all excited and Hoda was just like “yeah….it’ll be fun”.  Of course now she’s acting all into it, but really who wouldn’t be a little concerned?

• Love 4

On today’s show they talked about Simone Biles and her leaving the competition for mental health reasons. They claimed that anyone who didn’t understand was probably just sitting home on the couch not doing anything, but daring to judge Simone. 

I kind of took offense to that. I mean, I would like to know more about why these athletes are feeling so mentally stressed they literally can’t cope. I’m not judging them, I’m just genuinely curious.  I’m also not just sitting on the couch all day eating bon bons. Like most humans, I have a job and responsibilities and have been through some tough shit. It’s life. I’d love to know why so many athletes are feeling these enormous amounts of pressure. I mean, this is their job and with any job comes a certain amount of pressure, I totally get that. But its not life and death?

I feel for Simone, Naomi Osaka and all these other young athletes and I hope they take care of themselves and are able to gain some perspective.

• Love 5
(edited)

It’s really not that hard to understand. They’ve been competing since they were 5yo, being told anything less than first is losing. (She is a Karolyi product.). In the case of elite athletes like Simone, as she says she’s carrying the weight of the world.  This is all she knows. She was so hyped that anything less than perfection is failure. She didn’t want to disappoint her team, her coaches, her family, her country, the world. It’s no wonder she had a panic attack. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Simone, as she says she’s carrying the weight of the world. She was so hyped that anything less than perfection is failure. She didn’t want to disappoint her team, her coaches, her family, her country, the world. It’s no wonder she had a panic attack. 

That’s exactly why I said I hope she is able to gain some perspective and take care of herself. Because truly, the weight of the world isn’t on her shoulder. She’s a human being.  This is a sport, not neurosurgery where someone’s life might  literally be on the line.

I watch the olympics with my daughter and we love cheering for the US, but if they lose or fall or what have you I tell my daughter they are just people and people make mistakes. I know they have pressures and sponsorships and people they must answer to but perspective is needed. 

I was watching golf the other day and they asked someone(don’t remember who) how he deals with the pressure and he was like “I don’t feel any pressure. I play golf for a living.”  Now I don’t expect everyone to be this zen (I sure as shit am not) but to get to the point where you literally can’t cope is a problem. 

No one is going to die if she misses a vault or what not, except possibly her. I’m glad she chose not to compete.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5

Ugh, Savannah made sure to pack another ugly dress. Yellow gingham or something with puffy short sleeves and a lace-up neckline. Complete with a princess crystal headband or something. At almost 50 years old she can't make this look work. I'll bet her shoes are ugly too. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Hoda sounds more like a 14 year old than a professional when she's relaying a story and she says, "So, I go ...., and then she goes...., and I go...".  Hate it.  Jimmy Fallon does the same thing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh, Savannah made sure to pack another ugly dress. Yellow gingham or something with puffy short sleeves and a lace-up neckline. Complete with a princess crystal headband or something. At almost 50 years old she can't make this look work. I'll bet her shoes are ugly too. 

She's channeling Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie with those outfits.  I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one who notices those ugly ass clunky shoes.   And then throw in that stringy, unkempt hair.  

• LOL 2
On 7/29/2021 at 5:27 PM, Crashcourse said:

She's channeling Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie with those outfits.  I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one who notices those ugly ass clunky shoes.   And then throw in that stringy, unkempt hair.  

She definitely doesn’t do the sleeveless sheath dress that all the news woman wear that’s for sure. Either she picks the clothes out herself or she has a stylist who picks the clothes out and Savannah approves of it. Either way it ain’t working. I did hear Hoda say the 10:00 am show with Jenna that their casual clothes that Hoda & Savannah brought to Tokyo were Jenna’s. I guess Jenna dresses better off air because she has bad taste, too. Hoda dresses the best. Granted, she has caved in to the sleeveless dress trend but they look good on her and she has the height & arms which really help. 

• Love 3

Ugh, annoying Hoda with her big mouth open smile is back on Instagram interviewing a swimmer. He looks normal , but she iis leaning forward with her annoying giant mount taking over the picture !

And what is it with NBC’s need to show a Hoda watching the competitions  so we barely see the person competing , but get a giant side shot  of a Hoda cheering them on ? As If we need to see it from Hoda’s view ! Seems like they are trying to turn Hoda into Oprah. 2.0 . Suddenly she is the philosopher, all knowing person that even had to call Simone Biles’s mom and then impart words of  wisdom to all of us about the situation! 

Edited by marmalade
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Suddenly she is the philosopher, all knowing person that even had to call Simone Biles’s mom and then impart words of  wisdom to all of us about the situation! 

I smell another book coming! 😄

• Love 3

I’m watching a replay of the individual gymnastics events from this morning and am looking for Hoda cheering from her vantage point. I haven’t seen her. 

Edited by Haleth
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’m watching a replay of the individual gymnastics events from this morning and am looking for Hoda cheering from her vantage point. I haven’t seen her. 

It’s pictures on Instagram.  It’s from Hoda’s view .  That along with pictures of her giant open mouth !

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

A children's book - Hoda Goes to the Olympics

Complete with audio commentary no on can really understand by Haley Joy, like the video Hoda posted on Instagram!

• LOL 2

Savannah and Al back in NY already? Why? Pretty lame.

Edit - I see it is to interview the athletes coming back to the states, like Caleb. Meh. 

Edited by seasons

Wow. Caroline Kennedy, former ambassador to Japan, on today with Savannah. So this is what a 64 year old woman looks like with no work done to her face. She also has a little speech oddity to me. She seems really nice though.

• Love 1

Got to give credit to Hoda. I'm liking her more lately. She is doing a great job interviewing these athletes and reporting from the arena. Her thing is stuff like this I think while Savannah is better with the hard news stuff.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, marmalade said:

Ugh, annoying Hoda with her big mouth open smile is back on Instagram interviewing a swimmer. He looks normal , but she iis leaning forward with her annoying giant mount taking over the picture !

And what is it with NBC’s need to show a Hoda watching the competitions  so we barely see the person competing , but get a giant side shot  of a Hoda cheering them on ? As If we need to see it from Hoda’s view ! Seems like they are trying to turn Hoda into Oprah. 2.0 . Suddenly she is the philosopher, all knowing person that even had to call Simone Biles’s mom and then impart words of  wisdom to all of us about the situation! 

There is a new insta video from the back of a Hoda’s head and she’s bopping around with a microphone losing it as a gymnast who won a medal comes into to the interview area !   Besides being annoying that we are treated to a giant view of the back of Hoda instead is the gymnast in the background, she looks like an idiot as usual bopping around like she’s going to lose it ! Being happy is one thing , behaving like an unprofessional fan girl  13 year old is another !

Only good thing is she has a mask on so we don’t see her open, huge assed ,  fly trap mouth smile , and her back is turned so it’s only a side  view !

Can she ever not make everything about her ? 

• LOL 3

Ever since Hoda and Jenna had that convo about “literally” I’ve been conscious of how often Hoda says it. She literally uses “literally” every time she speaks. Literally. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ever since Hoda and Jenna had that convo about “literally” I’ve been conscious of how often Hoda says it. She literally uses “literally” every time she speaks. Literally. 

It always cracks me up to think that a Hoda started we a journalist/ reporter ! She is not too smart! 

• Useful 1

Ok, I wrote a nice post about Hoda the other day, but now she is back to pissing me off. She must have called savannah "SG" at least 20 times just this morning, even from the other side of the world.

#fuckingannoying

Edit - And now Craig just called Jenna "JBH" 3 times in 5 minutes.

WTH? 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

Am I the only one annoyed that the entire games (and some of the lead up lets be real) Hoda has gone out of her way to make every single move those girls on the gymnastics team all about HER? Like I don't think she's being malicious but it gives such stage mom vibes sometimes and the other anchors hyping it up makes it even worse. Its great she's really supportive of them and their journey but jesus let them exist at the games with out you trying to hog the spotlight, Hoda. I don't know why its so much worse this time around in Tokyo because I don't remember her being THIS obsessive in the Rio games. Its just weird. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Indigo Luna said:

Am I the only one annoyed that the entire games (and some of the lead up lets be real) Hoda has gone out of her way to make every single move those girls on the gymnastics team all about HER? Like I don't think she's being malicious but it gives such stage mom vibes sometimes and the other anchors hyping it up makes it even worse. Its great she's really supportive of them and their journey but jesus let them exist at the games with out you trying to hog the spotlight, Hoda. I don't know why its so much worse this time around in Tokyo because I don't remember her being THIS obsessive in the Rio games. Its just weird. 

Yes! There is another video on her Instagram of her cheering .  Who is recording the videos of her from behind ? Is she so ultra important that she needs to take up more of the screen than the athletes ? 
In her latest video she is swinging around some cloth thing and being over the top as usual .  You can barely see the video of the person competing .  If I had to sit behind her tall, gyrating   body with her hollering , I’d want to smack her ! 
Then again , Hoda ALWAYS has and still does make everything about her and if something happens to her , it’s more important than if it happens to anyone else on the planet !

How long did we have to hear about her breast cancer whenever they showed very sick children with cancer ? I thought she went through major treatments, but found out she was cured with surgery.  Not to say it’s still not  scary snd traumatic, but you would think she was the poster  child for very advanced cancer !

Now shes the official “mom” because she adopted two kids . We even had to have a freaking band welcome her back !  
is she actually planning on adopting another baby in her late fifties  when her boyfriend is also in his sixties ?  I guess when your can have  nannies for your babies so your life doesn’t change much , you can keep adopting when you are both the age of grandparents!  

Oh and is she ever getting married ? Why is is such a big deal when they have been together forever and we old as they are ? I’m sure we will see some ridiculous , childish wedding as if she is 19 years old !

• Love 2

Hey guys where’s Simone? You all came in same car, right? Where’s Simone? Are you all proud of Simone? She won a Bronze. Wasn’t she amazing? Where is Simone? Is she here yet? She is?! Simone you sit here. The first seat. You other girls just find a seat. Any seat will do. Meanwhile, the Gold and Silver medalist are like, WTF???. Hoda was uber rude the whole week with  any of there medalist came for their interviews she had to bring up Simone Biles OMG! It was beyond annoying. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm glad the gymnastics competitions are over.  Maybe Hoda will shut her big pie hole.  

I doubt it. She already had a one on one with Simone & I think Hoda back in NYC and all the Olympian’s are going to be on the plaza. I’m sure Simone will up front & center. Granted she’s probably the shortest but Hoda make sure she gets all the screen time because Hoda is her Mother or something. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, Rickster said:

Maybe NOW the women’s gymnastics will be over for the Today show for the next four years. It was really out of control, and I give them partial blame for Simone’s mental issues.

Simone will get a job as a special correspondent for the Today shows. She has years of experience & will be a great addition to our Today family. <sarcasm>

• LOL 4
On 8/7/2021 at 12:17 AM, HyeChaps said:

Only three years until next Summer Olympics.

But they can fawn over the figure skaters at the Winter Olympics in 2022.

Yup! The next Winter Olympics is in Beijing, China and is 12 hours ahead (EST). So we have Hoda and results we’ll already know about to look forward to. LOL!!!! I swear I think these Today host just stay on the show for the Olympics boondoggles. Hey! It’s a free trip but hey all don’t need to be there. I’m looking at you Al Roker. The weather guy giving us the weather in a foreign country. Can’t he just stay back in studio to do that?! LOL!!!!!

• Love 2

I’m think Hoda got married. She’s back from vacation and there are two mugs in front of her hands this morning and none in front of Savanah. I think they are there to cover her ring hand. With all the international news going on they might not say anything or will wait till later in the morning. 

• Love 1