Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, Al is filling in for Jenna. Is that a good or bad thing?

I always thought he did a good job on the old Today’s Take.  He knows how to have a conversation, knows who people are and pronounces his t’s

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I always thought he did a good job on the old Today’s Take.  He knows how to have a conversation, knows who people are and pronounces his t’s

You mean Dolly’s last name isn’t Pardon?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I think it's hypocritical for the news team to make fun of Craig for playing the violin and being somewhat nerdy as a teenager.  It makes any segment that features a bullied child or teenager weaker because of it.  What message are they sending to boys or children who like music?  I wish they would be a bit more self-aware.  

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

The third hour of Today seemed like one big advertisement today. Not much left if you fast forwarded all the “buys.”

Everyone on the show is trying to sell you something.  Even the hosts.  But this is true for any talk show.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

I hope everyone is sitting down for this. Dylan has written a children’s book. I am as shocked as everyone else <sarcasm>. I swear I think Hoda & Savannah have written children’s books, too. God knows they need the money. 

• LOL 5
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Could someone tell news woman Hoda that today is Wednesday, not Tuesday?  Thanks!

I guess getting up at 2 in the morning is starting to affect her. LOL!!! I doubt it’s two in the morning but they do get there early. I never understood why they have to be there 3 or 4 in the morning. Isn’t 2 hours before 7:00 am enough time to get their notes, hair & makeup done? It’s not like they are doing this from memory. They all (GMA & CBS, too) read from a teleprompter. Then Hoda has to wait around till 10 am and do another hour and pretape Friday’s show.  That said, they are paid millions and are driven in to work. It’s nice like they are driving themselves in and sitting in traffic like normal folk. LOL!!!! So I don’t feel too bad for them. 

• Love 1

Maybe its just too early in the morning for me but I wish they'd stop trying to push that Hoda is this wise sage who comes up with all these fake deep catch phrases all the time. Her entire schtick of having all this "wisdom" is just her stealing motivational quotes and passing them off as her own. My office chair has more wisdom and originality than her. This is the same woman who can't be bothered to remember her coworkers kids names and leaves people high and dry at parties but the Today Show PR team wants us to believe that she's so deep and philosophical? And whats worse she couldn't even get through Carson presenting that overly indulgent segment to her on PopStart with out her doing her silent-open-mouthed-giggle the entire time. A segment that talked about her receiving an award about her professionalism through out her career as a journalist. Irony. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Indigo Luna said:

Maybe its just too early in the morning for me but I wish they'd stop trying to push that Hoda is this wise sage who comes up with all these fake deep catch phrases all the time. Her entire schtick of having all this "wisdom" is just her stealing motivational quotes and passing them off as her own. My office chair has more wisdom and originality than her. This is the same woman who can't be bothered to remember her coworkers kids names and leaves people high and dry at parties but the Today Show PR team wants us to believe that she's so deep and philosophical? And whats worse she couldn't even get through Carson presenting that overly indulgent segment to her on PopStart with out her doing her silent-open-mouthed-giggle the entire time. A segment that talked about her receiving an award about her professionalism through out her career as a journalist. Irony. 

Personally, I can’t believe that Carson actually gets paid for those stupid PopStart crap. An intern could do them for goodness sakes. I think the other morning I saw Savanah, Hoda, Al, Tom Llamas, Sheinelle Jones and Carson Daly all sitting in their stools and then Jenna later on. It’s like do you really need all those people? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did anyone see Katie Couric on the show yesterday?  She was promoting her book and…let’s just say the reception was iffy. It was a very awkward interview and no one seemed particularly happy to have her there. I kinda give her credit for coming on probably knowing this was the reception she would receive, but I guess she’s limited to how and where she does promotions since supposedly she burned a lot of bridges in this book. She said she wasn’t friends with Matt anymore but I’m not so sure. She did say she put some of their private text messages in the book which is shitty, but it seemed like she was protesting too much. Anyway, it was just weird. 

• Love 5

It was a very uncomfortable interview and it looked like Sheinelle was giving her the stink eye. 

I laughed when she said she was 64 and there was dead silence from the others.  She laughed and said she was expecting the others to say "no way!"  Crickets.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This morning Hodumb didn’t know Barbara Bush’s hair turned white when she was very young.  Sigh.  Again, why has she been so successful?

She has been successful because once Jane Pauley left they decided to promote personalities and not talent. The bar was lowered and it has never been raised.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, Bronzedog said:

This morning Hodumb didn’t know Barbara Bush’s hair turned white when she was very young.  Sigh.  Again, why has she been so successful?

Well, she got the plum gig next to Savannah because Matt was fired and TPTB couldn’t replace him with another man. Hoda happen to be the closet one nearby and she got the gig. That’s not totally true but it’s not too far off the mark either.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Hoda, it’s great that you’re teaching your kids to be as rude and inconsiderate as possible to your neighbors by taking them trick or treating early.  I really need to stop turning on the tv before 11.

Now, I know why Jenna (who ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer) keeps forgetting to invite Hoda out and hang with her real BFF Savannah. LOL!!!! I think Hoda rather hang with her kids and Joel but still wants everyone to feel bad when she’s not included. Who wants a friend to skip out on you and not even say goodbye. Everyone has Honda’s number and rather not deal with it (her).

• Love 2

Good grief, Savannah.

That outfit today is just awful.

When they sit on those chairs and you can see them head to toe, she has on knee high black boots, short skirt way too short, but up top like a Peter Pan collar.

All business up top party on the bottom. Yuck.

Absolutely no fashion sense. Hoda's mother should pick her outfits too.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, seasons said:

Good grief, Savannah.

That outfit today is just awful.

When they sit on those chairs and you can see them head to toe, she has on knee high black boots, short skirt way too short, but up top like a Peter Pan collar.

All business up top party on the bottom. Yuck.

Absolutely no fashion sense. Hoda's mother should pick her outfits too.

Odd! I thought she looked great. Legs to die for. I guess everyone has their own taste and likes and dislikes. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Odd! I thought she looked great. Legs to die for. I guess everyone has their own taste and likes and dislikes. 

For sure, Bya! That's why I love coming here.

Good point about her great legs.

I think I remember her saying her fashion style is between Little House on the Prairie meets goth. Something like that.

As I've said before, its just kind of refreshing to see all the morning ladies on the networks haven't fallen into the giant eyelash extensions or giant white veneers. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Any word about the theme of their Halloween costumes?

They are usually tight lipped. Sheinelle Jones always brings it. I wonder if Dylan will make an appearance. I’m not sure what the “it” theme is this year. I know pop culture but I don’t know pop culture. LOL!!!! It will be a nice surprise in the morning at 8-ish.

• Love 1

Dumb question: Do they pretape the first hour of news on halloween?  It must take longer than 10 minutes to get into those costumes/make up.

Ah, yes.  8:00 and it's dark behind them.  Yes, pretaped.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1

Wait a second.  They're really doing a Budweiser Wassup parody in 2021?  lol

So the costumes this year:

Hoda - Carrie Underwood

Carson & Willie - Rob Gronkowski & Tom Brady

Craig - Patrick Mahomes

Al - (Ladies and Gentlemen) The Weeknd

Sheinelle - Bruno Mars

Savannah & Jenna - Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Kristin Welker & Peter Alexander - Lil Nas X and Sam Elliott Doritos commercial

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1

Sheinelle was amazing!  I didn’t see Peter and Kristin when was that??  They are my faves. I’m a pretty easy mark but I liked it. I always enjoy their Halloween costumes.

ETA ok I just saw it it was on after the commercials. Kristin looked kinda scared. Heh. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Also I just read that people think Hoda looked like Jill Martin and now that’s all I see!!

Swear to God. I thought it was Jill Martin because I thought Hoda & Savannah and/or Jenna would be pairing up. It took me a few seconds to realize it wasn’t Jill. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sheneille was definately the 'winner" of the Halloween show.  It seemed like one big commercial for Sunday Night Football & a free commercial for Budweiser.  I thought they would be more 'trendy" and have Ted Lasso or Squid Game...

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

It seemed like one big commercial for Sunday Night Football & a free commercial for Budweiser. 

NBC has the Super Bowl this year too.  Both Today's and GMA's Halloween shows have turned into giant commercials for whatever crap their parent companies are hawking.  I still like Today's Halloween, though.

• Love 1

Hoda looked like Mick Jagger in drag or Donatella Versace! Carrie Underwood is very pretty and not a big tall woman with a giant mouth and manly old face !  Do the people at Today really think that Hoda is pretty ? 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Hoda looked like Mick Jagger in drag or Donatella Versace! Carrie Underwood is very pretty and not a big tall woman with a giant mouth and manly old face !  Do the people at Today really think that Hoda is pretty ? 

I find her very attractive……..me saying this in a soft voice. Don’t @ me. LOL!!! She certainly isn’t ugly. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I find her very attractive……..me saying this in a soft voice. Don’t @ me. LOL!!! She certainly isn’t ugly. 

I think her hair makes her look over all ok most  days , but I think her face is not attractive, she is very manly , especially the giant mouth she has to keep open when she smiles .  When she wore the wig she looked  like an ugly man in drag ! 
Her whole family has that  scary smile and she’s taught it to her daughters to do it ! But at least they have the  giant  nasty mouths that Hoda and her mom and sister have ! 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 12:06 AM, ByaNose said:

Now, I know why Jenna (who ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer) keeps forgetting to invite Hoda out and hang with her real BFF Savannah. LOL!!!! I think Hoda rather hang with her kids and Joel but still wants everyone to feel bad when she’s not included. Who wants a friend to skip out on you and not even say goodbye. Everyone has Honda’s number and rather not deal with it (her).

Hoda does seem very self absorbed and rude . I didn’t get all the Hoda adoration . She steps out of parties and doesn’t tell friends shes  with that she is gone ? She leaves the room after a friend comes to visit her and her new  baby and just never returns ?  WTF is that ? It’s totally rude and shows a lack of decency and consideration !  I remember Jenna said she went to a party in NYC with Hoda and Hoda left the party snd never told her she was going ! Sorry, but Hoda is not a considerate person and she’s teaching her kids to be just as rude and  she is.

Speaking of her kids , there are trick or treating pictures online and Haley has the same creepy , overdone smile as Hoda! Also, does Hoda ever comb her girls’  hair or wash their faces ? I guess when the nannies aren’t around the kids don’t seem to get cleaned or groomed by lazy Hoda who can’t even shut her kitchen cabinets ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Sorry Today Sow, I don't think its so wonderful that Emma Rule (MSNBC) jumped out onto the street and gave Willie Geist a big hug during his running the marathon. Pretty sure spectators are Not allowed to do that, but these people on tv often think they are just so special. Sure, maybe she was filled with emotion or whatever, but follow the rules. Like everyone else. She's not even his wife. 

Edited by seasons
Get off my lawn. Lol.
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, seasons said:

Sorry Today Sow, I don't think its so wonderful that Emma Rule (MSNBC) jumped out onto the street and gave Willie Geist a big hug during his running the marathon. Pretty sure spectators are Not allowed to do that, but these people on tv often think they are just so special. Sure, maybe she was filled with emotion or whatever, but follow the rules. Like everyone else. She's not even his wife. 

I never liked her, that was Stephanie Ruhle.  I don't know what the hell that was she was wearing but she looked like a crazy woman running out there and she probably scared Willie and the rest of the runners.   

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I never liked her, that was Stephanie Ruhle

Lmao….I actually like her and think she’s absolutely gorgeous but yeah…that was extremely strange and she’s lucky she didn’t get jumped by security or something. 

• Love 3

No Hoda, I don't think its funny or quirky that both you and Al didn't take the time to properly learn how to pronounce Gal Gadot's name. I'm not even a fan of Gal's but you'd think someone like Hoda who always comments about how no one could pronounce Kotb correctly growing up would put forth the effort. Oh wait that would require some self awareness, never mind. 

• Love 8

Yay! Savannah really got it right today, in my opinion! Beautiful floral dress looks like it was made for her, her figure looked fantastic in it. Love the oversize black glasses too.

Also enjoying Roker's brother on hour three. They should bring in relatives more often!

• Love 2